Next Season of Encounters

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm enjoying DMing this season very much but as we near the final chapter my mind turns to next season.  Do we have any information about what next season's adventure is yet? 

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Elder Elemental Eye, Tharizdun, the usual.

Spiral of Tharizdun Fortune Cards
www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

Heroes of the Elemental Chaos supplement
www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

Although Tharizdun and Temple of Elemental Evil were distinct modules in 2E and earlier, the 3.0/3.5 "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil" combined the two mythologies, giving Tharizdun the role of the Elder Elemental Eye.
Cool, thanks for the info.  The organizer at our store tonight did mention something about Temple of Elemental Evil and that they would probably get the module about two weeks before the next season starts, so that's good to know.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Sign In to post comments