2012 Product Release Schedule

147 posts / 0 new
Last post
oh man no kind of list of new minis i'm pretty sure there be some kind of miniatures for rpg coming out in 2012

My guess is that it takes a long time to make a set of miniatures, so if a set of D&D minis were to come out it would be sometime late in 2012.

Amazon listings appeared for those, starting mid-2012:

Dungeon Command: Heroes: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - July

Dungeon Command: Drow: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - July

Dungeon Command: Goblins: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - August

Wonder how many minis will there be in each expansion.

The minis are also part of the new skirmish game (apparently called Dungeon Command), announced at GenCon.

A whole expansion pack full of ONLY goblins? That would be VERY interesting!

Updated for Minis release. If you want to know more about the rules, go here and join up: community.wizards.com/dnd_playtesting

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Updated for Minis release. If you want to know more about the rules, go here and join up: community.wizards.com/dnd_playtesting

I think you should add an entry for this in the Games section as well, they are two products in one, after all.

oh man no kind of list of new minis i'm pretty sure there be some kind of miniatures for rpg coming out in 2012

My guess is that it takes a long time to make a set of miniatures, so if a set of D&D minis were to come out it would be sometime late in 2012.

Dungeon Command: Heroes: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - July

Dungeon Command: Drow: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - July

Dungeon Command: Goblins: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product) - August

The minis are also part of the new skirmish game (apparently called Dungeon Command), announced at GenCon.

A whole expansion pack full of ONLY goblins? That would be VERY interesting!

Following the hints from GenCon, the next expansion should be elves, followed by orcs.

This conjecture has absolutely no basis in reality and is a product of pure fancy.  I'm hoping the lack of content comeing out this year means they are working on 5th edition and have been for quite sometime and all of the last year or two of 4th edition has been an attempt to work out kinks, generate some interim revenue, and smoke screen us (so we keep buying 4th ed stuff to keep interim revenue up) so that when they  come out with 5th ed in 2013 they will have a product being the perfect merger of 3rd and 4th editions as well as online tools inplace and working and all the goodies that they promised us years ago at the launch of 4th edition. a 3d table top program and character generator.

on a side note what i've see of neverwinter's forge program, i'd say they are damned close to what they promised ages ago.
Dungeon Command placed in the games section as well.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Update for new Dungeon Tiles set in September.

Castle Grimstead (September 18th)
www.amazon.com/Castle-Grimstead-Dungeon-...

Darn, these tiles would be quite useful in my current campaign now... Frown
Are there only going to be four RPG books in Jan-Aug, or is this list incomplete?
We'll probably learn everything for the next 8 months at DDXP.

I have been searching on Amazon for both 'Paul S Kemp' as well as for 'Godborn' (which is supposed to be the first book in the much anticipated Cycle of Night trilogy which might provide clues as to the ultimate fate of Mask and Erevis Cale).   

So far, I have found nothing but offers for previously published works by Kemp.

Since 'Godborn' was supposed to come out in the first half of 2012, I (fool that I am) had assumed that there would be notice by now for advance orders but so for nothing.

Has 'Cycle of Night' been pulled back into the shop for re-tooling, re-editing?   Cry

I really like Kemp's work, I like the intricate plots and maniacal schemes that his characters employ and I am simply wondering, will the 'Cycle of Night' ever debut? 

I hope they get smart and make a free downloadable dungeon delve for each of these.  

I have been searching on Amazon for both 'Paul S Kemp' as well as for 'Godborn' (which is supposed to be the first book in the much anticipated Cycle of Night trilogy which might provide clues as to the ultimate fate of Mask and Erevis Cale).   

So far, I have found nothing but offers for previously published works by Kemp.

Since 'Godborn' was supposed to come out in the first half of 2012, I (fool that I am) had assumed that there would be notice by now for advance orders but so for nothing.

Has 'Cycle of Night' been pulled back into the shop for re-tooling, re-editing?   Cry

I really like Kemp's work, I like the intricate plots and maniacal schemes that his characters employ and I am simply wondering, will the 'Cycle of Night' ever debut? 

Serendipity strikes again.

I happened to visit the Paul S Kemp web site, which has a link to the Candlekeep forum, upon which Paul has a couple threads going and on one of those threads, he says that the publication of 'Godborn' will be in November 2012.   Smile

So, time to dry my eyes and patiently resume my vigil.

Don't know if this has been pointed out or not yet, but.....

OMG! Only two books!?! 5e is so coming!!!!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

...nailed it.

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Well, it will be interesting to see what the-powers-that-be at Wizards permit the prospective playtesters to see as Fifth Edition is developed.

Yes, I have signed up as a potential playtester and yes, I know that I will be required not to spill any of the beans (Java or otherwise) before the official publication date (or until one of the archmages at Wizards decides to reveal things).

I had merely hoped to be able to purchase all of the official Fourth Edition Players' Handbooks and Players' Options before Fifth Edition arrived.

Undecided

OMG! Only two books!?! 5e is so coming!!!!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Hahahahahahaha.

Laughing my ass off, folks.

I had merely hoped to be able to purchase all of the official Fourth Edition Players' Handbooks and Players' Options before Fifth Edition arrived.

Undecided

It most likely wont come before August 2013; that, and the probable availability of cheap second hand volumes in ebay and the likes of, makes that objective somewhat easy to achieve.
This weeks Design & Development article revealed a new release:

- Map Pack: Shattered Keeps (December 2012)
This weeks Design & Development article revealed a new release:

- Map Pack: Shattered Keeps (December 2012)

And I think I like it.
For what it's worth, apparently Todd Stewart (Shemeska on the boards and massive Planescape fan) is doing work for a 4ed product.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Hopefully, it's not "Heroes of the Astral Sea" and it's a flavour book.   

Undecided

It most likely wont come before August 2013; that, and the probable availability of cheap second hand volumes in ebay and the likes of, makes that objective somewhat easy to achieve.

Quite so. Shoot (and Woot!), just Monday, I purchased on eBay an AD&D Unearthed Arcana in "Very Fine" condition for 35 bucks - less than the retail of several of the current 4e volumes, so getting them shouldn't be an issue. 
Wink

Now to have Jeff Easley sign that sucker at Gary Con IV this March....
((squee!)) 

Undecided

Frown   And, yet the presumption had been that the Wizards of the Coast would be making its profits off the subscribing players rather than upon endlessly churning out one rules edition after another.    I had been very willing to buy first printings of the Players' Handbooks, the Players' Options books, the Monster Manuals, Dungeon Masters' Guides and so on, if that would mean that Wizards would keep the new editions limited to a new set only every eight to ten years.

Heck, the binding on my much updated 4th edition PHB1 has not yet begun to fall apart.

MINIATURES

These two have been added to the Wizards Product listing, with better descriptions and some indications of what minis are within:

Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr

Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth

Also glad that there are rules to play with a single box.
Regarding the official description of the two Dungeon Command, I find it strange that there's no mention of whether the minis are pre-painted or not, when they previously seemed to indicate that they would be.  Maybe they just forgot?
WotC hasn't released unpainted miniatures since the Chainmail line in the 2000s. It's usually assumed that WotC will make their minis prepainted.

HOWEVER, this product is meant to be compatable with the Adventure System boardgames, whose miniatures are mono-coloured. So I think your hunch might be well-founded. 

The adventure system board games are $70 and contain 42 unpainted minis. That's $1.66 per mini, without counting all the cards tokens and tiles. The dungeon command sets are $40 for 12 minis, or over $3.33 per mini. That's closer to the price per mini of Lords of Madness and Savage Encounters. So I think it's fair to assume these will be prepainted.

There are only two unanswered questions. Do these contain all new sculpts, partially new, or all repaints? And, are these meant to be evergreen products or limited run?
For what it's worth, apparently Todd Stewart (Shemeska on the boards and massive Planescape fan) is doing work for a 4ed product.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Hopefully, it's not "Heroes of the Astral Sea" and it's a flavour book.   

I'm hoping for a Monster Vault or two before they release the 1/2/3/4+5th edition.

Ill be keeping an eye on the Dungeon Experience at month end.

I held off on buying the Legend of Drizzt board game because I had a sneaking suspicion that there wasn't going to be another one released in this series in 2012. 
hopefully it IS heroes of the astral sea but i doubt it
Hunterian: The monsters from Dungeon Command have compatable stat cards for the boardgames.

Updated for maps release. Hopefully DDXP will give us the rest of 2012.

Hunterian: The monsters from Dungeon Command have compatable stat cards for the boardgames.

True- which is a good thing but I'd like to see boxed games like Castle Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt. 
Some Forgotten Realms novels posted at Amazon:

Prince of Ravens

Spinner of Lies

Demon Weave

Two more Forgotten Realms novels

The Gilded Rune

The Rose of Sarifal

True- which is a good thing but I'd like to see boxed games like Castle Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt. 

Only in the strict sense of a standalone Adventure System box, you mean.

For generic boxed games, there is Lords of Waterdeep (which im actually more interested in than another Adventure System box set), and for further support, there are the new Dungeon Command sets.

Some Forgotten Realms novels posted at Amazon:

Prince of Ravens

Spinner of Lies

Demon Weave

Hope these wont be strictly digital, the story seems to have far reaching influence in the Realms canon.

So, it seems that WotC is serious about continuing the e-book business, so I made a distinct heading for books only available on Kindle. I like Alex Irvine's work, so I might jump on with "Demon Weave".

Now for the 1st ed reprints. I've never had to mix player books and DM books from 2 different editions in the same listing. How do you people think I should do it? Make a listing for Reprints? Sort them according to who uses them and mark in bold which edition it's for? Something tells me this won't be the last we see of reprints...  

I hope the new books and modules they are releasing are built such that they are easily usable with 5E as well..  so people who buy them can get more than a few months of use out of them.

Boojum the brown bunny
    I hope the new books and modules they are releasing are built such that they are easily usable with 5E as well..  so people who buy them can get more than a few months of use out of them.

Boojum the brown bunny

Supposedly the Fourth Edition on-line tools will remain available for us even after the Fifth Edition arrives. However the Fifth Edition will nto even arrive until at least August 2013 (Gencon) or possibly even January 2014 (40th anniversary), so that leaves at least 19 months of 4th edition all alone.

Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
Updated for what little info we've been given at DDXP.

Also, I've decided to place all the reprints together, so it's more obvious.