[Commander] - GWU

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

I figured this project was similar enough to these Sixty Singletons that I'd start posting it now before someone else started doing one of those in . I guess the main differences between the projects being that this is for Commander, and that I'm not designing every card in the deck, just the cards that aren't basic lands (maybe I'll cop out and make a new version of Snow-covered basic lands or something). Anyway, the theme of this deck is Enchantments, which should be evident from it's commander. Wanted to try making an enchantment based Commander deck that would function differently from Zur the Enchanter and Uril, the Miststalker, so we'll see how it goes.

I figure the first post for this project should start with a representative card of each color and each rarity, so here we go:

Text cards
Vernis, High Auramancer
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard M
Whenever a player casts an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.
As long as Vernis, High Auramancer is enchanted, enchanted creatures you control have hexproof.
He holds dominion over his realm of glamor.
2/3

Guardian of the Library
Creature - Sphinx R
Flying
Whenever Guardian of the Library attacks of blocks, clash with an opponent. If you win, draw two cards. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if his or her card had a higher converted mana cost.)
5/5

Opalescent Form
Insant U
Unattach target Aura with enchant creature. It loses enchant creature and becomes a Spirit creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. Change the text of the permanent it becomes by replacing all instances of “enchanted creature” with its name.

Springdawn Neophyte
Creature - Human Druid C
When Springdawn Neophyte enters the battlefield, search your library for a land card and exile it. Then shuffle your library.
When Springdawn Neophyte dies, you may sacrifice a land. If you do, put the exiled card onto the battlefield under your control.
1/1

I really like Opalescent Form. Not sure how it'd work with things like Gigantiform (with two different things setting its P/T), but I like it.
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
It's 8/8:

Gigantiform |
Creature - Spirit
Gigantiform is 8/8 and has trample.
5/5

If the token actually had a P/T setting ability (say, equal to the number of enchantments you control), that might be a different story, but if I remember correctly you simply choose which one to apply.
Gigantiform |
Creature - Spirit
Gigantiform is 8/8 and has trample.
5/5

Alright, it makes more sense when I look at it like that. Either way, bravo on the design, elzaban.
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
Us singltoners are using basic land as well. Just adding it at the end.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
So finding art sucks, especially for Auras (I've got eight of them so far and still no suitable art), and doing compilation pieces (like Blight Mox) takes far too long to be worthwhile. Also turns out that I've got more rares with art now than anything else, so here's the other mythic rares in the deck, as well as two of the other legendary creatures in it.

Text cards
Blight Mox
Artifact M
, : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. ( can  be paid with either any one mana or 2 life.)
Fit to adorn the Father of Machines.

Mirthling
Creature - Shapeshifter M
: Mirthling gains vigilance until end of turn.
: Mirthling gains protection from creatures of the color of your choice until end of turn.
: Mirthling gains protection from spells of the color of your choice until end of turn.
: Mirthling gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
: Mirthling gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
3/3

Henry Duke, Ace Explorer
Legendary Creature - Human Scout Ally R
Whenever Henry Duke, Ace Explorer or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may search your library for a legendary land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.
"Tally-ho!"
2/2

Lilend, Enchantress Prodigy ()
Legendary Creature - Human Druid R
Hexproof
Whenever a non-token Aura that could enchant Lilend, Enchantress Prodigy enters the battlefield, you may pay (), where X is that permanent’s converted mana cost. If you do, put a token copy of that permanent onto the battlefield attached to Lilend.
1/1

D:

That mox is broken! 
My Acheivements
56967648 wrote:
banslayeriscute, did you seriously just design a second, equally awesome card instead of just changing your first, incredibly awesome card to be a Human Advisor because he was cooler as a Demon? because if so then you're basically the coolest designer ever, and I don't believe that you actually only joined these boards four months ago.
56265826 wrote:
baneslayeriscute: Sometimes the simple little effects are the best ones. This works, and the only thing that needs to be changes is "in play" to "onto the battlefield." Are you sure you only joined in August? With that, I've come to the fairly conclusive decision that baneslayeriscute made the most interesting card for us to build around. Here it is (with a slight templating fix), so congrats on getting the most important piece of the deck in there!
93126759 wrote:
Ariana, Angel-Mage of Bant Creature - Angel Wizard Flying, Vigilance When Ariana, Angel-Mage of Bant enters the battlefield, search your library for a permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterward. 3/4
56265826 wrote:
baneslayeriscute: Solid, elegant, and printable. Seems like a fine card to me. Flame Wheel - Instant Each player discard their hand, then draws three cards. ~ deals damage to each player equal to the number of cards that player drew this turn. Luck favors the prepared. Fire is less choosey. Ranking 1. baneslayeriscute 2. 13th Horseman 3. Buried Child Congrats to baneslayeriscute!
56265826 wrote:
Here's how this is going to work. I'm just going to quote each card that's going into the deck.
93126759 wrote:
Adjudicate - Instant Exile target permanent. "Guilty."
56265826 wrote:
Alright, here are my selections for this round.
93126759 wrote:
Kristina of the Woods - Planeswalker - Kristina [+1]: Untap target creature. It gets +1/+1 until end of turn. [-1]: Destroy target artifact or enchantment. [-6]: Search your library for up to two creature cards, reveal them, and put them into play. Shuffle your library afterwards. [3]
These threads are seeing a lot of broken cards and power creep. Please cease and desist.

From your lovely something and something corps or something.
D:

That mox is broken! 

Have any suggestions on how to repair it?
I honestly don't see how it is really broken I mean it is basically a mana fixer, that for 2 life you can create one extra mana. Not really seeing the broken part about it if some one could explain it to me I grateful thank you.
Land, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Mox Opal, Titan, go.  And that would just be in standard.  There is a reason that the Moxen are banned in pratically every format.  Fast mana is extremely dangerous, particularly when it is recursive and free.  

Land, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Mox Opal, Titan, go.  And that would just be in standard.  There is a reason that the Moxen are banned in pratically every format.  Fast mana is extremely dangerous, particularly when it is recursive and free.  

So "God-Hand"s are broken now?  Becuase I know green infect can 'Durp-de-durrr' with the best of'um.

Granted I agree that you shouldn't allow a mana-generating ability be so unrestricted like that (No, life cost hardly restrict things), but what could she do besides make it into a Legendary like they did the Opal?

I mean just slapping 'Legendary' on every Mox seems a bit silly to me.  The only other things you could do would be restrict the card's count in a deck?  Or possibly find a way to make their ability mutually exclusive if there are more than one on board?

'COST: MANA GET.  Each card named ~ loses all abilities until end of turn.'

That could work I guess, and gives it a bit more play ability?  On but then you can tap them all in responce to the first one.

Blight Mox
Artifact M
, : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Each card named ~ loses all abilities until end of turn. Play this ability only as a sorcery. ( can  be paid with either any one mana or 2 life.)
Fit to adorn the Father of Machines.

Bleh, now it's just ugly and unappealing.  Fixes the problem at least, right? Right?

EDIT:
Come to think of it, that is almost worse than Legendary, except it can be on board to activate 'Artifact Count Matters' type cards, or that Tez can make it a 5/5?  Or Sac fodder.. People would definately .. maybe.. think twice about playing more than one of those, oh hey, and they can't help Control counter your spells since they can't be used as ramp for counters, that's cool, lol.
Make it cost a phyrexian colorless instead of zero.
I am disappointed to see a card like that mox posted :[
Why?

Agreed.  And it should probably be flavored to match Cylixes (Cylixen?) instead of Moxen if it's going to have any cost to activate the ability at all.

Also I think Mirthling's two separate protection abilities could be lumped into one (or just leave the spells one), and have the other ability grant the ability to Untap like the other -ling's (I guess that's what vigilance is for though)....so maybe lifelink or the ability to block another creature.  It doesn't seem like a -ling with two of the color powered abilities being related like they are.

I like Opalescent Form a lot though

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
because it's nowhere near balanced

the art is really cool though. 
Land, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Blight Mox, Mox Opal, Titan, go.  And that would just be in standard.  There is a reason that the Moxen are banned in pratically every format.  Fast mana is extremely dangerous, particularly when it is recursive and free.  

Damn, yeah, that was an oversight on my part. I'd completely intended to make it a Legendary Artifact (not because I feel that Moxes must be legendary, but because it's supposed to mirror Mox Opal, and I feel that printable Moxes should be legendary unless they have intrinsic card disadvantage). I've updated the render to reflect that.

Agreed.  And it should probably be flavored to match Cylixes (Cylixen?) instead of Moxen if it's going to have any cost to activate the ability at all.

Also I think Mirthling's two separate protection abilities could be lumped into one (or just leave the spells one), and have the other ability grant the ability to Untap like the other -ling's (I guess that's what vigilance is for though)....so maybe lifelink or the ability to block another creature.  It doesn't seem like a -ling with two of the color powered abilities being related like they are.

I vascilated on making it actually cost , but I feel that that's an essential part of the Mox: It's an artifact, it makes mana, and it has a nice big up in the top left corner. I certainly think it could use some playtesting, but I don't think a free Legendary (as it was intended to be) Mox Cylix is going to break things as widely open as has been suggested. Now originally it had just been ", Pay 2 life: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." Does making it always painful skew it more towards the balanced side, and does it ruin any of the flavour of having a Phyrexian Mox cost use phyrexian mana?

On Mirthling, yeah, vigilance is the characteristic untap ability, protection from creatures is the characteristic evasion ability, and protection from spells is the characteristic shroud/kill stopping ability. I didn't want to make one "protection from the color of etc etc" ability because that would strip enchantments, rather against the theme of the deck, and I liked the symmetry between the two abilities. They're related, but they do completely different things in practice.

Anyways, thanks for the responses folks, I love seeing actual debate on things. Here's another quartet of cards to look at in case I have no idea how to cost fateseal, multiplayer fun, mazes, or ETBU legendary lands.

Text cards
Premonition
Sorcery C
Choose one — Scry 1; or fateseal 1. (To scry 1 or fateseal 1, look at the top card of your library or an opponent’s library, respectively, then you may put that card on the bottom of that library.)
Draw a card.
The greatest calamities can be averted with a moment's forewarning.

Will of the People
Enchantment — Aura C
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has “Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, or you activate one of its activated abilities, each opponent chooses life or death. Sacrifice this creature unless any of those players chose life.”
A wise despot pits the populace against itself, lest it strike back at its true enemy.

Veturmasan Glacier
Legendary Land R
Veturmasan Glacier enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Tap target creature that’s attacking you or a planeswalker you control and remove that creature from combat. It doesn’t untap during its controller’s next untap step.
The frost titans carved the glacial labyrinth in ancient times, trapping any who would invade their realm.

Vitarbor, the Soul Wood
Legendary Land R
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Vitarbor, the Soul Wood.
, , Sacrifice Vitarbor: Put Vitarbor’s +1/+1 counters on target creature.

Figure I'd take this opportunity to post some boring, derivative cards. See if you can guess which card designs they're blatantly coyping (the answer is yes, yes you can).

Text cards
Beckoning Soulshaper
Creature — Human Shaman R
: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, put a 1/1 white Bird Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
“Some souls refuse to move on after death. I seek to return them their freedom.”
1/1

Avarice
Sorcery R
Search target opponent’s library for an enchantment card and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
“Absolutely stunning — but you know, it would look so much better on me.”

Fae Snare
Enchantment U
, Sacrifice Fae Snare: Exile target creature with flying that’s attacing you or a planeswalker you control.
“Faeries are always such a damned nuissance on expeditions to enchanted forests. Best to trap one and use it to scare off the rest of the lot.”
— Henry Duke, ace explorer

Calexis' Cloister
Legendary Land R
: Add 1 to your mana pool.
, : Put target enchantment card from your graveyard on top of your library.
Though it lacks the splendor of the long lost sanctum, the New Order of Serra still sees her beauty manifest there.

(This creature enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto it.)

I enjoy the majority of those cards ;D

1) Premonition seems fair.

2) Veturmasan Glacier seems comperable to Mystifying Maze but much more blue; Could probably be worded more like the Maze:

Tap target attacking creature an opponent controls and remove it from combat.  That creature doesn't untap durring it's controller's next untap step.

Unless you feel the need to restrict it to being used on creatures attacking you, specifically?

3) Vitarbor, the Soul Wood seems ok?  Maybe it should be restricted to a certain color of creature?  This + Doubling season seems pretty bonkers.  Also the 'Legendary' type is far less of a restriction for this card, since it has a sac ability to make extra copies less of a dead draw.  I would reword the last ability to:

, :T::  Move all +1/+1 counters from ~ to target creature, then sacrifice ~.

The beginning of my post has the reminder text for Graft, and they use 'Move' so I figured that would be ok, however counters stop existing if the permanent they were on goes to the graveyard, so the Sacrifice had to be moved to the effect portion.  I guess it changes the interactions with Stifle effects, but eh, you could tweek it to work at any rate.  Perhaps make removing the +1/+1 counters part of the cost like Pentavus?

4) Will of the People is extremely flavorful, but leaves me with the question of why?  If you wanted it dead just shoot it, if you don't want to kill it, why give the other players the illusion of being able to kill it?  And if you wanted to stop a player from activating a powerful ability, you don't want to simply 'Kill' the creature in responce, because that is a threat they probably don't care about.

It would be interesting if it had to enchant a creature you control though, and gave some other benifit instead;  Or if it was on a creature with a likewise fun ability to throw around.  But as an enchantment?  It just won't target anything that matters/creates fun play IMO.

Love the Flavor

5) Soulshaper/Ooze: I like how they make 'Special' cards in these new 'Off-set' products that I end up never seeing, lol.  Seems good though, white has a history of doing such things.

6) Love the art for Avarice, nnggh, besides, Enchantments are my favorite card type;  You've won me over.  However that card is abit more narrow than Bribery while at the same time, Enchantments in general are usually far more expensive or have explosively powerful effects.  I guess you can leave it at cmc, the problem is, it'll be useless plenty, and very powerful when it works.

7) I thought Fae Snare was a snare set by fae, not for them until I saw the art.  Fun stuff.

8) Calexis' Cloister?  Or Calexis's Cloister?  The only time you leave off the - s - in the possessive form is when it's both plural and possessive.  Travis's House vs (A group of dogs) The Dogs' toys.  Beyond that, love it as well, enchantments,
Thanks for the response, Harlie. Let's see... for the Glacier, I feel that if they had printed Mystifying Maze after making the Commander products, they would have gone with the "attacking you or a planeswalker you control" wording - after all, how can my maze stop you from attacking one of my other opponents? For Vitarbor, the current version I have actually comes into play tapped now, as part of a cycle. The "put its +1/+1 counters on target creature" wording comes from the wording of Modular, which fits closer to how it works than Graft does.

Will of the People is mostly meant to create more politicing. In single player it still serves as a killy Arrest. EDH decks have enough splashy creature, enchantments and artifacts of roughly equal caliber that I felt Avarice was worth the same cost as Bribery and Acquire. For Calexis' Cloister, I've always been of the school that in the case of the singular possessive ending in -s, the s is omitted after the apostrophe when it leads to cumbersome pronounciation. However, if Iron Man has an apostrophe-ess, so too should the Cloister.

Anyway, on to some enchantments. An Aura, a song, a quest, and Land Tax 2: Electric Boogaloo:

Text cards
Arcane Puissance
Enchantment — Aura R
Flash
Enchant creature
Imprint — When Arcane Puissance enters the battlefield, exile target spell.
Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the exiled spell’s converted mana cost.

Campfire Round
Tribal Enchantment — Ally R
Whenever Campfire Round or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, put a verse counter on Campfire Round.
, Sacrifice Campfire Round: Creatures you control get +X/+X and have trample until end of turn, where X is the number of verse counters on Campfire Round.

Enchantress Ascension
Enchantment R
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, draw a card and put a quest counter on Enchantress Ascension.
As long as there are five or more quest counters on Enchantress Ascension, creatures you control get +2/+2 for each Aura attached to them.

Estate Records
Enchantment R
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under an opponent’s control, if that player controls more lands than you, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

I guess land tax that only gives you one card a turn instead of three might be fair. (Multiplayer doesn't exist for balancing purposes :P )

I don't know if it needs to have the word imprint on it, but regardless I really like Arcane Puissance. Less powerful but more interesting than its Whelk predecessor.
Thanks for the response, Harlie. Let's see... for the Glacier, I feel that if they had printed Mystifying Maze after making the Commander products, they would have gone with the "attacking you or a planeswalker you control" wording - after all, how can my maze stop you from attacking one of my other opponents? For Vitarbor, the current version I have actually comes into play tapped now, as part of a cycle. The "put its +1/+1 counters on target creature" wording comes from the wording of Modular, which fits closer to how it works than Graft does.

Will of the People is mostly meant to create more politicing. In single player it still serves as a killy Arrest. EDH decks have enough splashy creature, enchantments and artifacts of roughly equal caliber that I felt Avarice was worth the same cost as Bribery and Acquire. For Calexis' Cloister, I've always been of the school that in the case of the singular possessive ending in -s, the s is omitted after the apostrophe when it leads to cumbersome pronounciation. However, if Iron Man has an apostrophe-ess, so too should the Cloister.

Do you think so?  I actually feel different than you on that subject;  As far as 'Casual' game support goes, I feel it's almost like an 'Un-set' and that, had your card been printed right now by WotC, it would use Mazes wording, to save space, and becuase it's not nessacary to the card.  True the 'flavor' might be a little more on with that wording, but it feels almost forced/Un-set to me.

Good call on Modular then, I actually didn't play durring the first mirrodin, so I don't always recall those mechancis (Specifically wording).

Yeah, I suppose it works, just feels almost like it won't do anything in multiplayer games.  And your most likely right about the Avarice cost.

About the new cards:

Arcane Puissence feels very much like Celestial Mantle's counter-part for blue.  Like it, although I hate counters that get up to CmC, especially since you can't cast that one unless you control a creature to target, being an aura and all.

Enchantress Ascension, cool-beans;  Although I feel like most of the quest type cards offer you no benifit before they are set up?  So I feel badly about that part, but even without the draw, it's still cool and logical, maybe could drop the price?

Estate Records seems ok, I am bad with power levels, especially with cards that would interact with older/more powerful sets;  Looks ok to me though.  Did you intend for the multi-player aspect of the card?  I assume you did.

Campfire Round.  Brilliant.  That's all I have to say, but I will say more;  I love that card, the flavor of the Allies, and the old 'verse' cards go so well together.  Thank you for that.
I haven't abandoned this project, I've just been obsessing over some missing art and flavour text, and then I was out of town for about a week without the file for it, so there was also that. There's 66 cards in the deck at present, almost all of which are presentable, so I'm going to work on how to divide them up into nice discrete blocks for presentation.

I've dropped the Imprint from Arcane Puissance and added some flavour text to it. Retouched Enchantress Ascension so it doesn't provide a benefit before activating. The current version is pretty much enchantment Pyromancer Ascension. I'm open to suggestions on something else to do with it. Moving on, here are the rest of the Allies in the deck. Managed to find enough Zendikar locations that weren't used for names on the actual Allies, so they should fit in decently.

Text cards
Emeria Awestriker
Creature — Angel Ally R
Flying, intimidate
Whenever Emeria Awestriker or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Ally creature you control.
She inspires her companions as readily as she rebukes her foes.
3/3

Sejiri Realist
Creature — Human Monk Ally U
Whenever Sejiri Realist or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target enchantment.
The winds off the mountains of Sejiri breed a strong sense of what is real and what isn’t. Delusions of warmth perish quickly in the face of frozen truth. 
2/3

Magosi Veildelver
Creature — Merfolk Soldier Ally C
Islandwalk
Whenever Emeria Awestriker or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Magosi Veildelver.
Beneath the torrents of Magosi lie caverns laiden with secrets lost to time.
0/1

Silundi Cutpurse
Creature — Human Pirate Ally U
Whenever Silundi Cutpurse or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may have each opponent sacrifice a permanent unless he or she pays .
The thief you can see is just a distraction for the ones right behind you.
2/2

Khalni Renewer
Creature — Human Druid Ally U
Whenever Khalni Renewer or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. If it’s an Ally card, put a +1/+1 counter on Khalni Renewer.
2/2

Woodland Tavern
Tribal Land — Ally R
Woodland Tavern enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Put a 1/1 green Scout Ally creature token onto the battlefield. X is the number of Ally permanents you control.
Good friends and better mead await those who come to rest in this homely house.

Here's some very boring white removal. Sometimes you just need a card that does a thing without being clever about it.

Text cards
Astral Ejection
Instant U
Tap target creature. Clash with an opponent. If you win, exile that creature. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A plaer wins if his or her card had a higher converted mana cost.)

Sacred Offering
Instant C
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. You gain life equal to its converted mana cost.
Thorin secretly delighted in the beauty of the sculpture, but was bound by the puritan decrees of the Order to destroy it. He prayed that it would be just as pleasing in his god’s sight.

Sacrificial Reckoning
Sorcery R
As an additional cost to cast Sacrificial Reckoning, sacrifice a permanent.
Destroy all permanents that share a card type with the sacrificed permanent.
“Rest, my child. Know that your death will bring devestation to our foes.”
—Gibreel, angel of retribution

Void Shroud
Enchantment — Aura C
Enchant nonland permanent
Enchanted permanent loses all abilities and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
It's like wearing nothing at all.

Here's some slightly less boring blue "removal". A new take on Temporal Adept, a counterspell, a potential "kill" spell, and a variant Winds of Rath.

Text cards
Merrow Disperser
Creature — Merfolk Wizard R
()()(), : Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand. If you control that permanent, untap Merrow Disperser. (() can be paid with any two mana or with .)
The merrow claim all beneath the waves — any intruders are expelled with prejudice.
1/1

Sharespell
Instant U
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner’s graveyard. Any player may play that spell for as long as it remains exiled.
“How did you think you’d accomplish that?”
—Khyeen ibn Mer, ramilan spellscourge

Temporal Bend
Sorcery U
Choose one — Return two target creatures to their owners’ hands; or each player discards his or her hand, then draws cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded this way.
Entwine (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)

Winds of Æther
Sorcery R
Return all creatures that aren’t enchanted to their owner’s hands.
Flashback—, Exile an Aura you control (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)

Some slightly more boring lands. The last of that Legendary Land cycle, a utility land, and a pair of color-fixers.

Text cards
Chimney Vista
Land R
: Add to your mana pool. Put a smoke counter on Chimney Vista.
, Remove three smoke counters from Chimney Vista: Creatures with flying are unblockable this turn.
Birds take advantage of the thick rooftop smog, sneaking unmolested past hungry gargoyles.

City of the Gods
Legendary Land R
City of the Gods enters the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature you control becomes tapped, put a piety counter on City of the Gods.
, , Remove ten piety counters from City of the Gods: Put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying and first strike onto the battlefield.

Hidden Paradise
Land R
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Whenever another land enters the battlefield under your control, return Hidden Paradise to its owner’s hand.
If paradise lies in a valley, and no one is there to see it, is it still beautiful?

Precipice Cathedral
Land U
Precipice Cathedral enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Add or to your mana pool.
An edifice for the appreciation of both the natural and the supernatural.

I really wanted to make some Totem Armor for this deck, but I really hated trying to find art for them, because there's almost nothing suitable to begin with, and combined with some specific ideas on what totems to do, there was virtually nothing, so ended up doing the same thing as Blight Mox and cobbling together appropriate art in Photoshop. Had to do the same thing for two other cards, so here's the lot of them.

Text cards
Felidar Umbra
Enchantment — Aura U
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance and lifelink.
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)

Sheep Umbra
Enchantment — Aura U
Enchant creature
You control enchanted creature.
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
The spirits assist in more ways than one.

Gnarlid Umbra
Enchantment — Aura C
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment on the battlefield.

Phelddagrif Umbra
Enchantment — Aura M
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent gains 2 life, draws a card, and puts a 1/1 green Hippo creature token onto the battlefield.
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and has flying, trample and protection from red and from black.

Inksoul Scribe
Creature — Homonculus C
When Inksoul Scribe enters the battlefield, draw a card.
When Inksoul Scribe dies, draw a card
During its life, the scribe's essence will be used to pen scrolls, tomes, grimoires, and finally, an epitaph.
0/1

Sigiled Procession
Enchantment R
Nonland permanents you control have exalted. (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each of those permanents.)
Festivities honoring Asha range from solemn to jubilant, but all are deeply sacred affairs.

Cool job on the artwork. I don't like the pheldagriff one though. Both artwork and effect.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I don't like that Hidden Paridise can be returned even if it is tapped;  This basically takes away the disadvantage of bouncing it, since you can tap it for mana before you play a land, and not get behind on your mana curve.. for the turn..   But unless you have more land to play than it (It'll always be the last one) then it is basically irrelavent, since you won't be forcing yourself into a position where you're missing land drops, right?

Eh I dunno maybe that is enough of a 'Draw back' but I feel like it's almost not one at all.
Mown, does the concept of a Phelddagrif Umbra work for you, in theory? I've been trying to get something to work, since it's pretty much the most resonant choice for a totem armor, especially in EDH. It's tough trying to fit the feel of a card that's already got eight lines of text without making it overly cramped. Here's a different take on it that I feel hits the mark a bit closer (although I really hate taking off the reminder text from Totem armor, but at Mythic, should be doable) - how do you feel about it?

Phelddagrif Umbra
Enchantment — Aura M
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and has “: Choose one — Untap target land an opponent controls; target opponent gains 2 life; or target opponent may draw a card. This creature gains your choice of flying, trample or protection from black and from red until end of turn.”
Totem armor

IMAGE(http://www.majhost.com/gallery/elzaban/DnD/phelddagrifumbra2.png)

Harlie, this was basically meant to be a different take on Undiscovered Paradise, but I guess it ended up being more like City of Traitors, only with less permanence in its destruction and more mana fixing than mana ramping. I'm not very enthused with it myself. How does something like this sound: ": Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Then you may discard a land card. If you don’t, Hidden Paradise doesn’t untap during your next untap step."
I've been hesitant to post more of these while the spoiler blocks are down, but I figure I'll just edit them back into sblocks after they return. Probably wait to add them to the first post until then as well. In the interim, here's a Totem and some manlands.

Text cards
Asura Temple
Artifact R
: Add , or to your mana pool.
: Asura Totem becomes a 3/3 green, white, and blue Angel artifact creature with flying until end of turn.
: Put a +1/+1 counter on Asura Totem. Activate this ability only if Asura Totem is a creature.

Plasma Vortex
Land U
Plasma Vortex enters the battlefield tapped.
: Plasma Vortex becomes a blue Elemental Shapeshifter creature and your choice of 3/3, 2/2 with flying, or 1/6 with defender until end of turn. It's still a land.

Titan Excavation
Snow Land U
Titan Excavation enters the battlefield with four ice counters on it.
: Add to your mana pool and remove an ice counter from Titan Excavation.
: Titan Excavation becomes a 6/6 Giant snow artifact creature until end of turn. It's still a land. Activate this ability only if there are no ice counters on Titan Excavation.

Waking Woods
Land R
Waking Woods enters the battlefield tapped.
Auras attached to Waking Woods have enchant land, and all instances of “enchanted creature” in their text is replaced by “enchanted permanent”.
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Waking Woods becomes a 2/5 green and white Treefolk creature until end of turn. It's still a land.

These are pretty great in general.

Nitpicks:

Emeria awestriker: Cool  use of intimidate, but the +1/+1 counters seem very arbitrary. You could bring down the cost and just have it give all your allies intimidate for its triggered ability (similar to seascape aerialist, for example)

Sacrificial reckoning: change it to "nonland permanent" and you're good to go

Chimney vista: giving creatures with evasion some more evasion seems a bit silly

I like Titian Excavation;

Good stuff as always <3
Emeria Awestriker started off with the Kazuul Warlord ability, as I wanted to have that ability on a creature that better fit the colour pie. Intimidate was only added after I found the art. I'm hesitant to make a white card give multiple creatures intimidate, as it's only been done so far in green and (if you count fear) black. On Sacrifial Reckoning, I vascilated on the nonland thing when I was making it, erred on the side of "Destroying all lands is a valuable ability to have in EDH", but it's really not in keeping with the modern colour pie. So I have changed it.

Chimney Vista was an art-down card, and it is kind of silly. But Flying is the most readily available and readily countered form of evasion - I've certainly used Distortion Strike on flying creatures on a number of occasions. There aren't a huge number of them in this deck, though, but you can use it to help someone else get an alpha strike in against another opponent. Still, not entirely sure it has a place in this deck now that it's almost finished. I might replace it with some other form of utility land... Anyway, here's a selection of green cards:

Text cards
Ancient Fury
Enchantment — Aura U
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature is 6/6 and has trample.
When Ancient Fury is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may search your library for an Aura card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
It makes mountains out of moles.

Briar Wombat
Creature — Plant Wombat U
Vigilance
Briar Wombat gets +2/+2 for each Aura attached to it.
: Regenerate Briar Wombat.
No one knows what lies beneath its thorny exterior — even fewer want to find out.
2/3

Communal Journey
Sorcery C
Each plyaer may search his or her library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then each player who did shuffles his or her library.
“There will be time to quarrel upon our return. For now, let us go forth together.”
—Henry Duke, ace explorer

Lotus Nymph
Creature — Faerie Druid R
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Threshold, Sacrifice Lotus Nymph: Add three mana of any one color your mana pool. Activate this ability only if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.
They share both beauty and lifespan.

Primal Celerity
Enchantment — Aura R
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has haste and hexproof.
Whenever Primal Celerity is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may return it to your hand.

you should  make communal journey mandatory, to mess with imperial seals and stuff :3

lotus nymph is cool.
I won't comment on the cards themselves; I haven't really read them 'cause I got caught up in the art. If it's not too hard, would you mind posting deviantart names if that's where you got them? There's some artists' galleries I'd like to look through for inspiration.
My favorite rules text is now "...except (wait for it...) IT'S A SEVEN/SEVEN!!!!!!11" The Big Card Project 6 I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
metalevolence, I'd feel like a jerk forcing everyone to shuffle in EDH without giving them something more substantial than a single basic land. prizzle, I don't have a list since I save everything off of deviantart using the actual artists names where applicable. You should be able to find most of them by just googling "deviantart" and the name in the art credits. If there are any particular ones you can't find, I might be able to help. Bearing in mind that a number of them are from CGSociety.

Anyway, here's the rest of the non-dual lands, with a few pretty pathetic examples of editing-art-to-fit-concept. Fun fact, did you know that enchantment lands can be Auras?

Cataclysm Spire
Land U
, , Sacrifice Cataclysm Spire: Each player sacrifices a nonbasic land.
"It shall be a cairn for our nation, tall enough for the whole world to see."
—Karsan Alohim, last living words

Cultivated Rainforest
Land R
, , Sacrifice Cultivated Rainforest: Search your library for a Forest or Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Terraced lakes and rank-and-file trees are the marks of the domestication of nature.

Mirror World
Enchantment Land — Aura R
Enchant land you control
: Add one mana of any color enchanted land could produce to your mana pool.
, : Attach Mirror World to another land you control.
Only through reflection do we find perfection.

Mycosynth Microcosm
Artifact Land U
Imprint, : Search your library for a basic land card and exile it. Then shuffle your library.
Mycosynth Microcosm has all land types of all cards exiled by it.

Once again, very very cool;

Cata-Spire seems amazing, and very cool that it could punish help a less mana intense deck get ahead agianst rare lands.

I still am confused by the cost of your Cultivated Rainforest (You had more of that cycle didnt' you?);  It's almost worse than a Panorama isn't it?  I guess it trades EBT for a very specific set of choices/conditions.  Seems very intense of a card to play though, unless I am just an idiot.

Mirror land is sweet, but totally messes with the fact that players typically stack their lands in the first place xP
I like it, flavorfully and mechanically it is sound but; it's a bit scary to me to have it destroyed when the enchanted land is destroyed, since it is an aura in the end.  (Two for one lands would almost always set you back way hard if Land destruction was even remotely possible).

The last land is the best, it's easy to understand, simple to help enable colors (With a slight risk of thinning that color out of your mana base, if you run into a problem like that.) But the coolest thing is that in a mono-color deck.. oh say RDW, it could easily help get rid of top-decking into more mountains, or just any deck that wants a little bit of thinning.  It's very nice.
Cultivated Rainforest is pretty much supposed to be to the Panormas what the rare Fetch Lands are to Terramorphic Expanse - can grab nonbasic land, doesn't put them into play tapped, limits what types you can grab, and costs a bit more to activate. The cost isn't that specific, it's just that it limits their use in a monocolour deck, so they wouldn't be used like fetch lands are in RDW.

On Mirror Land, I'm not convinced it screws with land stacking any worse than most Auras with Enchant Land do. Most players I know keep their enchanted or fortified lands to the side and separate from the stacks. Its second ability can be used at instant speed, so it can get saved from point removal if there's some mana spare. If there isn't, it's only a bit more risk of two-for-ones as Ravnica Karoos, and those see a fair bit of play.

Anyways, here's the last of the monocolour cards in the deck, as well as the last three-colour card, before I start posting the two-colour cards and the dual and basic lands:

Empyrial Raiment
Enchantment — Aura R
Enchant creature
You have no maximum hand size.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand. As long as you have four or more cards in your hand, it has flying. As long as you have seven or more cards in your hand, it has protection from black and from red. As long as you have ten or more cards in your hand, it’s indestructible.

Teachings of the Coven
Sorcery M
For each card type, search your library for up to one card of that type and reveal it. Then shuffle your library and put the revealed cards on top of it in any order. (The card types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, planeswalker, sorcery, and tribal.)

Lir Hedall
Planeswalker — Lir M
/+1\: Target land you control becomes a 3/3 green Plant creature for as long as you control Lir Hedall. It's still a land.
/+1\: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. That creature gains trample until end of turn.
\-8/: You get an emblem with "Creature you control are 6/6 Mutants in addition to their other types."
{ 3 }

Aurabound Archangel
Creature — Angel U
Flying, vigilance
: Return Aurabound Archangel from your graveyard to the battlefield, and attach target Aura with enchant creature to it. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.
6/6

Looks like spoiler blocks are back, so I guess I'll go edit those in. Finished making some art for the last card in the deck this morning, so I've put together the final renders (baring any changes to the card text and whatnot). Made them a bit smaller and jpegier, since the large png's were killing loading time in this topic previously. Anyways, forgot about finishing up the artifacts before moving onto the duals, so here's the last of them:

Arcane Memorium
Artifact C
Imprint — When Arcane Memorium enters the battlefield, exile a card in a graveyard.
: Add one mana of any of the exiled card’s colors to your mana pool.
Even in death, the mage's power lingers.

Ivory Citadel
Artifact R
At the beginning of your draw step, you gain X life, where X is the number of cards in your hand minus four.
, : Draw a card.
To protect the body and nurture the mind.

Sunscape Relic
Artifact U
Sunscape Relic enters the battlefield tapped with a charge counter on it.
, , Remove a charge counter from Sunscape Relic: Add to your mana pool.

Techtarpyrret's Disk
Artifact R
Techtarpyrret’s Disk enters the battlefield tapped.
, , Exile Techtarpyrret’s Disk: Return each artifact, creature and enchantment card from each graveyard to the battlefield under its owner’s control.
An engine of creation for an enlightened age.