DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post

[Edit: Can't get vanguard +2, oops. Going to have to use the Dire Boar]

L6: Human, Warlock|Executioner

20 Charisma (or Constitution) 17 Dexterity
-- Pack Outcast Theme
Because of Pack Outcast, I always have CA. Charge is required.
Minor Curse, Move (position), Standard Charge w/Eldritch Strike:

Mounted:
-- Feats: Spear Expertise, Sneak of Shadows, Mindbite Scorn, Surprising Charge, Killing Curse
-- Items: L7 Dire Boar, L6 Horned Helm, L5 Vanguard Lance +1 , GP Bracers of Mighty Striking

To-Hit: 3 lvl + 5 cha + 2 prof + 1 enh + 1 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge = +15 vs AC 20 = 20% miss // 75% hit // 5% crit
Damage: 5 cha + 1 SE + 1 enh + 1 versatile + 2 item + 1d10 lance + 1d10 lance (mounted+ch) + 1d10 SC + 1d8 vanguard + 1d8 attack finesse + 2d8 curse + 1d6 HH  [+ 1d8 crit] =
3d10+4d8+1d6+10 [+1d8 crit] = 48 // 82.5 crit
=> 0.75 * 48 + 0.05 * 82.5 + 0.75 * (0.55 * 20 + 0.05 * 29)   = 49.4625 DPR

Unmounted:
-- Feats: Light Blade Expertise, Sneak of Shadows, Mindbite Scorn, Surprising Charge, Killing Curse
-- Items: L7 devastating ki focus +1, L6 Horned Helm, L5 vanguard dagger +1, GP Bracers of Mighty Striking, non-magical rapier

The idea here is to have a vanguard off-hand weapon, which grants the +1d8 on charges even when not used as a weapon. You use the devastating Ki Focus (thanks to draconisorion for the idea) and a plain rapier in the attack.

To-Hit: 3 lvl + 5 cha + 3 prof + 1 enh + 1 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge = +16 vs AC 20 = 15% miss // 80% hit // 5% crit
Damage: 5 cha + 1 LBE + 2 enh + 2 item + 1d8 rapier + 1d8 SC + 1d8 vanguard + 1d8 attack finesse + 2d8 curse + 1d6 HH  [+ 1d8 crit] =
6d8+1d6+10, but all 1's and 2's are 3's = 43.25 // 68.5
=> 0.80 * 43.25 + 0.05 * 68.5  = 38.025 DPR

DPR goes down for needing to take mounted combat.

DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

Ok, BIG couple of questions here regarding the Arrow build:
1) Why got Huntmaster if you are using a Greatbow?   Huntmaster is all around a Great Spear
2) How are you getting Called Shot for the Level 11 added Feat and Silvery Glow, neither show up in CB for me.

1) This paragon path was just for the extra +2 to hit, of all the level 11 features this seemed like the best DPR option
2) Called Shot should show up (requires Prime Shot) at level 11.  Silvery Glow requires the character to worship Sehanine
I don't know if it legal for the DPR king board but I made a lightsaber half elf that reaches a dpr of 110.64 and 114.15 against bloodied creatures,
making it the actual lv 16 king (Ioun's Revenge doesn't work because he cannot use the 18-20 expanded range from resurgent wilder)
To hit=7(wis)+8(1/2lvl)+3(enh)+2(we)+2(prof)+2(CA)-2(PA)=+22 vs CA 30 miss on a 7 
Damage, Twin Strike:
hit=2*(1-0.35^2)*(3.5(weapon)+3(valenar)+3(enh)+3(shard)+7(pelor's boon)+10(vuln)+5(divine symbol)+6(PA)+4(frozen whetstone+1(twf)+5(vuln)(+2(GoB))
crit=(1-0.90^2)*(2.5+2*3.5+12+10.5)
total=2*(hit+crit)+(1-0.35^4)*7(Oath)+((1-0.35)^2)*7(quickhit bracers)
Here it is the snapshot:
 ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======

Righteous Rage of Amaunator, level 16
Half-Elf, Avenger, Morninglord
Build: Pursuing Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 11, Wis 24, Cha 9.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 20, Cha 6.

AC: 28 Fort: 22 Reflex: 25 Will: 28HP: 117 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 29

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +13
UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +12, Arcana +8, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +9, Dungeoneering +15, Endurance +9, Heal +15, History +8, Insight +17,
Intimidate +7, Nature +15,Perception +15, Stealth +12, Streetwise +7, Thievery +12, Athletics +9

FEATS
Level 1: Adept Dilettante
Level 2: Valenar Weapon Training
Level 4: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 8: Iron Will (retrained to Power Attack at Level 11)
Level 10: Wintertouched
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 12: Painful Oath
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Pervasive Light

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Focused Fury
Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
Dilettante: Twin Strike

ITEMS
Symbol of Divine Light +4, Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Melegaunt's Darkblade Double Scimitar +3, Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3),
Siberys Shard of Radiance (paragon tier), Magic Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2, Amulet of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier),
Adventurer's Kit, Quickhit Braces (paragon tier), Frozen Whetstone (paragon tier) (10)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Siberys shard doesn't add to weapon attacks, only implement attacks using a weapon.  Anything that works against bloodied only doesn't count as at-will damage, so would only qualify if you accounted for the lesser number of times it occurs; you only have one frozen whetstone, so it would only last one encounter, so it and your permafrost combo would not work at-will.  In all you would have -2 to hit, and -14 damage per hit, dropping your DPR significantly.  As an aside, how are you dealing radiant damage?  I believe pervasive light allows you to take advantage of radiant vulnerability, but it doesn't actually make your attack radiant; and morninglord requires you to deal radiant damage in order to apply it's vulnerability (and so anything that increases radiant vulnerability wouldn't apply either).  However, I don't recognize everything you are doing, so I could be missing something.
Siberys shard doesn't add to weapon attacks, only implement attacks using a weapon.  Anything that works against bloodied only doesn't count as at-will damage, so would only qualify if you accounted for the lesser number of times it occurs; you only have one frozen whetstone, so it would only last one encounter, so it and your permafrost combo would not work at-will.  In all you would have -2 to hit, and -14 damage per hit, dropping your DPR significantly.  As an aside, how are you dealing radiant damage?  I believe pervasive light allows you to take advantage of radiant vulnerability, but it doesn't actually make your attack radiant; and morninglord requires you to deal radiant damage in order to apply it's vulnerability (and so anything that increases radiant vulnerability wouldn't apply either).  However, I don't recognize everything you are doing, so I could be missing something.

I always thought that pervasive light was also giving the keyword. It adds the damage after hitting not after dealing damage, so it is part of the damage dealing and so it adds the keyword. The Frost stone are actually 10 in the build, so maybe you can consider them for dpr. I can use the heroic tier one, and i can buy actually 260 of them for the same amount of money, so they will last for a long long time. And last, it is the Syberis Shard of Radiance, not the Mage one. That works with radiant attacks and if the combo is right (pervasive light adds the radiant keyword). P.S. once on this board i read another interpretation that lets the combo work: considering that Painful Oath adds radiant damage to the first attack of twin strike it will also give the radiant keyword to that power(you need only a part of the damage done this way, right?).
Going OT, I am a Huge fan of your builds Nelphine, but I always had a question about your 289 DPR Avenge/KAM: why haven't you picked up a Rending Gouge instead of a Carnage one?
I made the math once and you can do more than 440 dpr(435 with a normale size gouge, and with a +3 in constitution, so you can go up to 450 i think)
I don't like to use anything that I would personally houserule out in my own campaign - therefore, I always assume rending axes are free action attacks.  Thus they don't stack with KAM.  Incidentally, go to page 142 (I think) assuming this is page 146, so.. like.. 50 posts back?  And I posted an alternate Avenger/KAM that hits 476 DPR, based on KAM/Thief of Legend.

I think you're probably ok on this board for your radiant damage due to painful oath, although I'm not sure I would use it (largely due to not having read it in ages); I also haven't read pervasive light in ages, but I thought it didn't actually do radiant damage, it just added damage equal to the radiant vulnerability; and if you swap your stones down to the heroic you'd be ok - I assume they don't use a daily magic item use (or that that rule has changed?  I so rarely bother with daily magic items..)  It's just that as with magical ammunition, you have to pay for enough stones that you can use them over the whole lifespawn of the character; and by basic assumptions, 10 is only enough for 1 level, so you'd have to rebuy them every level, which would be expensive enough as to cause you need to re-do your gear list; and going to heroic only costs 2 damage, so far more useful to do that.

What does Melegaunt do?

What does Melegaunt do?

I can field that last one; Melegaunt's Darkblade is a lvl 12+ heavy or light blade that crits on 19-20 for 1d6 cold damage per plus or 1d10 against shadow creatures.

As far as pervasive light, it deals additional untyped damage equal to a creature's radiant vulnerability when you hit it with a non-radiant attack. So not only does it not add the radiant keyword, it specifically doesn't work with radiant powers.

Also, stacking radiant and cold vulnerability doesn't add extra damage. When you hit, you only look at a creature's greatest relevant vulnerability. Ergo, a creature that's vulnerable 10 radiant and vulnerable 5 cold only takes 10 extra damage from a radiant and cold power.

In addition, you can't get a bonus to damage rolls from your Symbol of Divine Light unless you're attacking with it. (Page 56 of Adventurer's Vault)
EDIT: I'm actually not 100% sure on that. Page 56 is a rule on weapons. Do we have a similar one on implements?

If you were to trade in your darkblade for a radiant weapon, you'd be a good deal better off. As the build stands, you aren't dealing any radiant damage (or cold, for that matter, given the situation on the stones) and thereby aren't making anything vulnerable radiant, let alone proc-ing on that vulnerability.

Sorry if that came off strong. I've DMed enough Morninglords to have developed an intense dislike for the builds that are associated with it. Funnily enough, they're so much more bearable in DPR King, when Pure Glow can't enter the mix.

Vulnerability is (last I checked) one of those nice grey areas that CharOp allows to stack.  There have been lots of debates on it, but Borg has decided to allow it.  So if you can get radiant 5 vuln and cold 5 vuln you will do +10 damage.

Symbol of divine light increases radiant vulnerability, it doesn't add damage; thus it doesn't affect any attack roll at all, and in fact your allies benefit from it.  Thus, it works on all your attacks regardless of whether you attack with it or not.

He's using Painful Oath to add the radiant keyword to his attack - I haven't looked into it, but it probably works, although a case can be made against it since you can pick which attack it goes on so it's hard to say it's directly adding to a particular attack - but given CharOps usual decisions on such matters, I would say it's legal for this thread.

And yeah, Pure Glow is ridiculously strong in a typical group (although it takes so long to do it's damage, it's not all that great in a truly optimized group, so in DPR King it's actually not that silly to ignore it.  Most of the damage here is so high that no monster will survive an entire round to take the extra damage at the start of it's turn.) 
Vulnerabilities stack.

Though, IMO, they shouldn't.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Vulnerability is (last I checked) one of those nice grey areas that CharOp allows to stack.  There have been lots of debates on it, but Borg has decided to allow it.  So if you can get radiant 5 vuln and cold 5 vuln you will do +10 damage.

Symbol of divine light increases radiant vulnerability, it doesn't add damage; thus it doesn't affect any attack roll at all, and in fact your allies benefit from it.  Thus, it works on all your attacks regardless of whether you attack with it or not.

He's using Painful Oath to add the radiant keyword to his attack - I haven't looked into it, but it probably works, although a case can be made against it since you can pick which attack it goes on so it's hard to say it's directly adding to a particular attack - but given CharOps usual decisions on such matters, I would say it's legal for this thread.

And yeah, Pure Glow is ridiculously strong in a typical group (although it takes so long to do it's damage, it's not all that great in a truly optimized group, so in DPR King it's actually not that silly to ignore it.  Most of the damage here is so high that no monster will survive an entire round to take the extra damage at the start of it's turn.) 

But... but... but... Ok. Borg knows best, I suppose.

You maaaay be thinking of a different item? Symbol of Divine Light is just an item bonus to damage on creatures with radiant vulnerability. It doesn't actually increase radiant vulnerability on its own.

I actually missed Painful Oath. Which changes things up. That is, however, only on the first attack in a round. Then, for the second one, the damage is actually mostly the same, thanks to Pervasive Light and Pelor both relying on untyped (or any) damage on a vulnerable target. We just need to remove the shard bonus from the second attack on the turn. Then only SoDL is sketchy, and it's in debate anyway.

This does, however, bring up a mathematical trainwreck that I don't believe I've ever seen addressed in DPR King. If a vulnerability-cheeser misses with all of its attacks in a given turn, then the vulnerability goes away. So, if you're relying on that particular bonus, should you change the bonus to damage from "+vulnerability" to "+(net chance of applying vulnerability on previous round)*(vulnerability)"? It's a nitpicky difference, but it's strictly more accurate.
^true

But most builds here attack 2+ time at 85%+, so the chance of not doing it is extremely low. Almost pointless to calculate.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

And for any of mine, I try to calculate it anyway.  Cause I'm nuts that way.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

^true But most builds here attack 2+ time at 85%+, so the chance of not doing it is extremely low. Almost pointless to calculate.

Technically my build hits at least once the normalized target 98.85% of time. For more accuracy i could buy a dice of auspicious fortune(i have still some spare money). Considering 2 of 3 rolls >7  and using the dice in the last roll (the possibility that my first three roll are al failures is 4.29%) i should have at least 46,6 turns per day of attacks without missing with both attacks and losing the vulnerabilities. Considering 4 encounters for each day you would have 11,65 round per encounter of vulnerabilty, which is more more than an average encounter.
P.S. if part of the damage is radiant the power gains the radiant keyword even if the second part of the power doesn't deal radiant damage, so you don't have to remove the shard bonus in the second attack I guess. I know it's a bit controvertial, but theoretically it should work.
And if not, I could substitute the Radiant shard with a Merciless Cold one, so I will have the bonus on both attacks, and I can also save some money Wink
I don't like to use anything that I would personally houserule out in my own campaign - therefore, I always assume rending axes are free action attacks.  Thus they don't stack with KAM.  Incidentally, go to page 142 (I think) assuming this is page 146, so.. like.. 50 posts back?  And I posted an alternate Avenger/KAM that hits 476 DPR, based on KAM/Thief of Legend.

Ok, explained why you haven't used Rending.
I liked also the second version with ToL but i prefer the Lorekeeper's one!

-- Pack Outcast Theme

Mounted:
-- Feats: Spear Expertise, Sneak of Shadows, Mindbite Scorn, Surprising Charge, Killing Curse
-- Items: L7 Dire Boar, L6 Horned Helm, L5 Vanguard Lance +1 , GP Bracers of Mighty Striking

To-Hit: 3 lvl + 5 cha + 2 prof + 1 enh + 1 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge = +15 vs AC 20 = 20% miss // 75% hit // 5% crit
Damage: 5 cha + 1 SE + 1 enh + 1 versatile + 2 item + 1d10 lance + 1d10 lance (mounted+ch) + 1d10 SC + 1d8 vanguard + 1d8 attack finesse + 2d8 curse + 1d6 HH  [+ 1d8 crit] =

Unmounted:
-- Feats: Light Blade Expertise, Sneak of Shadows, Mindbite Scorn, Surprising Charge, Killing Curse
-- Items: L7 devastating ki focus +1, L6 Horned Helm, L5 vanguard dagger +1, GP Bracers of Mighty Striking, non-magical rapier

The idea here is to have a vanguard off-hand weapon, which grants the +1d8 on charges even when not used as a weapon. You use the devastating Ki Focus (thanks to draconisorion for the idea) and a plain rapier in the attack.

To-Hit: 3 lvl + 5 cha + 3 prof + 1 enh + 1 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge = +16 vs AC 20 = 15% miss // 80% hit // 5% crit
Damage: 5 cha + 1 LBE + 2 enh + 2 item + 1d8 rapier + 1d8 SC + 1d8 vanguard + 1d8 attack finesse + 2d8 curse + 1d6 HH  [+ 1d8 crit] =

I don't need to take mounted combat -- read the errata (new rules from RC). 
A quick question: is it ammisible to enter the fight bloodied and stay bloodied all the encounter long(in the case of ranged character) to take some advantage in order of DPR?
A quick question: is it ammisible to enter the fight bloodied and stay bloodied all the encounter long(in the case of ranged character) to take some advantage in order of DPR?

Don't see why not.  Alot of these builds won't survive in "real" battles due to the fact they put everything in offense.  And a simple dominate will usually let them kill themselves.

I've also got one or 2 here that starts battles below 0.

guides
Power
my builds

Don't see why not.  Alot of these builds won't survive in "real" battles due to the fact they put everything in offense.  And a simple dominate will usually let them kill themselves.

Thank you! Another question, there is a conversion for multi target dpr as the one for area dpr, or i can simply add the damages?

Thank you! Another question, there is a conversion for multi target dpr as the one for area dpr, or i can simply add the damages?

There's a chart for AOE's on the front page.

Not one for multi-target though.

guides
Power
my builds

I believe the general rule for multi-target dpr is that each target is worth half the previous. So
1 target = 1
2 targets = 1.5
3 targets = 1.75
4 targets = 1.875
5 targets = 1.9375

I have a question: I've seen the formula for appropriate DPR:
Striker: 2*level+6
Optimized Striker: 4*level+12
Overpower Striker: 8*level+24

What kind of DPR does this table refer to: encounter nova, action point nova, or daily nova? Can I get a more complete table which states what the at-will, encounter nova, action point nova, and daily nova for strikers and regular character should roughly be? Please?

If refers to average Damager per round.  So if you want to track in real play, total all the damage you did over the course of an encounter and then divide by the number of rounds.  When factoring in damage from bursts and blasts us the mutiple target damage to factor in correctly.  So lets say you did a close burst 3 and hit 3 target take your damage roll and mutiple it by 1.75 for that attack when you start adding it all together.

You average striker over the course of an entire encounter will be probably use up encounters early which spikes your damage but after 3 or 4 rounds,  should they last that long your DPR will taper off with only at-wills left.

I believe the general rule for multi-target dpr is that each target is worth half the previous. So
1 target = 1
2 targets = 1.5
3 targets = 1.75
4 targets = 1.875
5 targets = 1.9375

Given the formula for AE, your numbers only make sense if they're in reference to a melee attack with no movement... that or the AE #s would need to cap at, say, a value of 2 to match. Which might bring up a a different difficult question.

The dirty little secret is that multi-target is ridiculously awesome. But a little iffy for at-will DPR checks often - like an invoker's Hand of Radiance might work very well for at-will DPR, but by the time the invoker is using it, he's already used at least a few encounter powers so there won't be four targets left alive. 
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director

I have a question: I've seen the formula for appropriate DPR:
Striker: 2*level+6
Optimized Striker: 4*level+12
Overpower Striker: 8*level+24

What kind of DPR does this table refer to: encounter nova, action point nova, or daily nova? Can I get a more complete table which states what the at-will, encounter nova, action point nova, and daily nova for strikers and regular character should roughly be? Please?

That's a DPR table, so it is the average damage per round you do every round of the combat, without encounter/daily attack powers. I don't think there is an expected nova table in this forum. P.S. 4*level+12 is for high optimised character(which it can be translated as overpowered) 8*level+24 is BROKEN, your master should fix you...
Scout - I technically made this for level 5 but there shouldnt be much changes going into 6 if anyone wants to make the changes (or optimize it more)

Lv5 Scout 20 dex Human
Feats - Cunning Stalker, Spiked Chain, Light Blade Expertise, 2 Weapon Fighting
Vanguard Spiked Chain +1, Iron Armbands
Powers - Charging Ram, Lurking Spider

MBA - 16 Attack (5 Dex, 3 Prof, 2 Level, 2 CA, 1 Charge, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 1 Class) vs 19 AC 85% hit, 10% miss, 5% crit
Damage - 2d4+1d8+12 (5 Dex, 2 Ram, 2 Item, 1 TWF, 1 Enhance, 1 LBE) = 15-28[21.5] (29-35[32] Crit)

21.5 * 0.85 = 18.275 |+| 32 * 0.05 = 1.6 || == 19.875

DWA doesnt change much since the offhand weapon does the same weapon size as the mainhand
Attack - 15 Attack (5 Dex, 3 Prof, 2 Level, 2 CA, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 1 Class) vs 19 AC 80% hit, 15% miss, 5% crit
2d4+12 (5 Dex, 2 Spider, 2 Item, 1 TWF, 1 Enhance, 1 LBE) = 14-20[17] (21-26[23.5] Crit)

17 * 0.8 = 13.6 |+| 23.5 * 0.05 = 1.175 || == 14.775

You would think you could just add those 2 together but DWA doesnt happen on if MBA misses so 14.775 * 0.9 = 13.2975

DPR = 33.17
Scout - I technically made this for level 5 but there shouldnt be much changes going into 6 if anyone wants to make the changes (or optimize it more)

Appearently I cant sleep so... Heres a level 6 version

L6 Human Scout 20 Dex
Feats - Nimble Blade, Spiked Chain, TWF, LBE, Mounts
Items - Vanguard Spiked Chain +1, Horned Helm, Braces of Mighty Strikes, Boar
Powers - Pack Wolf

CA + Charge Version - Assumes you charge into flanking position with another ally
MBA - 18 Attack - (5 Dex, 3 Level, 3 Prof, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 2 CA, 1 Nimble, 1 Charge, 1 Pack Wolf) 18 vs 20 = 95% Accuracy
Damage - 2d4+1d8+1d6+12 (5 Dex, 2 Bracers, 1 TWF, 1 Enc, 1 LBE, 2 Pack Wolf) 16-34 [25] || 35-42 Crit [38.5]

0.9 * 25 = 22.5 |+| 38.5 * 0.05 = 1.925 || == 24.42

DWA - 17 Attack - (5 Dex, 3 Level, 3 Prof, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 2 CA, 1 Nimble, 1 Pack Wolf) = 90% Accuracy
Damage - 2d4+10 (5 Dex, 1 TWF, 1 Enc, 1 LBE, 2 Pack Wolf) 12-18 [15] || 19-24 Crit [21.5]

15 * 0.85 = 12.75 |+| 21.5 * 0.05 = 1.075 || == 13.825 * 0.95 = 13.13

24.42 + 13.13 + 8.2 = 45.75 DPR

L6 Human Scout 20 Dex -- Quick Hit Bracers instead of Mighty Strikes
Feats - Nimble Blade, Spiked Chain, TWF, LBE, Mounts
Items - Vanguard Spiked Chain +1, Horned Helm, Quick Hit, Boar
Powers - Pack Wolf

CA + Charge Version - Assumes you charge into flanking position with another ally
MBA - 18 Attack - (5 Dex, 3 Level, 3 Prof, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 2 CA, 1 Nimble, 1 Charge, 1 Pack Wolf) 18 vs 20 = 95% Accuracy
Damage - 2d4+1d8+1d6+10 (5 Dex, 1 TWF, 1 Enc, 1 LBE, 2 Pack Wolf) 14-32 [23] || 33-40 Crit [36.5]

0.9 * 23 = 20.7 |+| 36.5 * 0.05 = 1.825 || == 22.52

DWA - 17 Attack - (5 Dex, 3 Level, 3 Prof, 1 Enc, 1 Feat, 2 CA, 1 Nimble, 1 Pack Wolf) = 90% Accuracy
Damage - 2d4+1d6+10 (5 Dex, 1 TWF, 1 Enc, 1 LBE, 2 Pack Wolf) 13-24 [18.5] || 25-32 Crit [28.5]

18.5 * 0.85 = 15.725 |+| 28.5 * 0.05 = 1.425 || == 17.1 * 0.95 = 17.15

22.52 + 17.15 + 8.2 = 47.87 DPR
DWA isn't an MBA, so bracers of mighty striking don't apply.
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
DWA isn't an MBA, so bracers of mighty striking don't apply.

Fixed
For CA to be assumed in DPR calculations you have to be able to get it yourself.
For CA to be assumed in DPR calculations you have to be able to get it yourself.

If you need combat advantage(rogues mostly) then assume it's there.  If you assume Combat Advantage your DPR will be marked accordingly.   It is better to generate your own combat advantage in some fashion rather than needing to rely on party cooperation which can fail.

Not according to the rules, Hes free to put the "CA" tag on it
For wolf Pack you are also asuming that there are 2 allies adjacent?

My build bases on the Character Builder. The Resurgent Wilder Volatile Surges (16th level) Feature says here: "Your at-will attack powers can score a critical hit..."

Update > FAQ > Books > Compendium.  Thank you for your wonderful work and collaberative effort.

I'm updating this thread today.  YAY.  Look forward to my post saying I"m done. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

Mount counts as an Ally, so Mount + The guy youre flanking with

Not if you are on the mount. Adjacent is specifically defined on the RC. For two creatures to be adjacent, they must occupy adjacent squares. Allies in your square are not adjacent to you.

Yes.  I'll put the Bloodied marker on your DPR.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

-- Pack Outcast Theme

Mounted:

Unmounted:

I don't need to take mounted combat -- read the errata (new rules from RC). 

You're right.  You just need to be mounted, which anybody can do.  Mounted combat simply gives you the powers of your mount.  Adding now
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Not if you are on the mount. Adjacent is specifically defined on the RC. For two creatures to be adjacent, they must occupy adjacent squares. Allies in your square are not adjacent to you.

Please post an excerpt so we can all hum and haw at it.  Please be sure to paste in the part where it says something to the effect of "when it really matters what exact square you are in you get to pick".
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Your mount takes -2 to attack rolls without mounted combat feat however.
Nope, I was wrong. Forgot that last little clause at the end was in there :s

RC 201:

"Adjacent Squares: Two squares are adjacent if a side or a corner of one touches a side or a corner of the other. Two creatures or objects are adjacent if one of them is in a square adjacent to a square occupied or filled by the other, or if they are in the same square."
Updated.  Wow you guys.  You continue to astonish me.  Please tell me if I got your post wrong.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Sign In to post comments