Adventure Background Upgrade

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hola, as a player in D&D Encounters, I have really enjoyed the idea of written Session Summaries--the session summary is a dark art that Chris Perkins has actually posted on, and as I get older and more busy these reminders of who did what when and where can often add a lot to the role play at the table.  I agree that the D&D Encounters summaries lack creativitiy, but the general outline they provide I find extremely useful.

I am concerned that they have not been updated online recently--I think that the last update is for Session 4 & my table is currently on Session 8.

If WotC is finding it hard to find resources to update the Session Summaries, I think that it would be a very fun idea to open the creation of the Official Summary to the Community--have us write a bunch of summaries, then we vote on our favorites [using the new poll links], and then link to the winning entry from the campaign page or something. If that is not feasable, maybe have the creater of the adventure write the summary? something...Thanks, David S. 
Hola, as a player in D&D Encounters, I have really enjoyed the idea of written Session Summaries--the session summary is a dark art that Chris Perkins has actually posted on, and as I get older and more busy these reminders of who did what when and where can often add a lot to the role play at the table.  I agree that the D&D Encounters summaries lack creativitiy, but the general outline they provide I find extremely useful.

I am concerned that they have not been updated online recently--I think that the last update is for Session 4 & my table is currently on Session 8.

If WotC is finding it hard to find resources to update the Session Summaries, I think that it would be a very fun idea to open the creation of the Official Summary to the Community--have us write a bunch of summaries, then we vote on our favorites [using the new poll links], and then link to the winning entry from the campaign page or something. If that is not feasable, maybe have the creater of the adventure write the summary? something...Thanks, David S. 

Ooh, good idea- nobody's responded to this thread?  WotC could just pull one recap out of the weekly threads here, scrub out specific character references and drop it in.  Sad to see that nobody could be bothered to update the weekly "The Story So Far."  Not only that, the "See past sessions" link to the old summaries ends with Season 3 and still displays Keep on the Borderlands.  We're in Season 5.  If I was a new player coming to this website to find a game, I would show up expecting to play Week 5, not be told that Season 5 was nearly over.  I would also wonder what the hell the advertisements on the main D&D webpage were talking about, since these are the only things getting weekly updates.  If WotC doesn't have time for your time-saving recommendation, maybe they should get rid of "The Story So Far" tab altogether.
-Alveric "And the sword that had visited Earth from so far away smote like the falling of thunderbolts; and green sparks rose from the armour, and crimson as sword met sword; and thick elvish blood moved slowly, from wide slits, down the cuirass; and Lirazel gazed in awe and wonder and love; and the combatants edged away fighting into the forest; and branches fell on them hacked off by their fight; and the runes in Alveric's far-travelled sword exulted, and roared at the elf-knight; until in the dark of the wood, amongst branches severed from disenchanted trees, with a blow like that of a thunderbolt riving an oak tree, Alveric slew him."
Looks like "The Story So Far" has been updated.  I'll print it out for recap this week and any new character drop-ins... especially now that we're in Week 11 out of 13.
-Alveric "And the sword that had visited Earth from so far away smote like the falling of thunderbolts; and green sparks rose from the armour, and crimson as sword met sword; and thick elvish blood moved slowly, from wide slits, down the cuirass; and Lirazel gazed in awe and wonder and love; and the combatants edged away fighting into the forest; and branches fell on them hacked off by their fight; and the runes in Alveric's far-travelled sword exulted, and roared at the elf-knight; until in the dark of the wood, amongst branches severed from disenchanted trees, with a blow like that of a thunderbolt riving an oak tree, Alveric slew him."