DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd like to open up a level 3 category.  You are allowed the 100% liquidated value of a level 2, level 3, and a level 4 item, and add to that gold of a level 2 item.

I could have chosen level 2, but that would eliminate level 4 items too much.  I could have chosen level 4, but that was too high and too close to level 6.

I think this will be cool.  We'll see more longtooth shifter scouts with their racial bloodfury kopeshes charging in on warhorses wearing bracers of mighty striking and a vanguard spear.

Level 1 optimization is good for starting out, optimizing on a real budget (ie no gold), where each .4 DPR matters.
Level 3 represents where you could be if your DM was foolish enough to give you a few wishlist items.  
Level 6 represents what real powerhouses are capable of in heroic.  level 8 and 10 are just frosting on top of level 6.

What do you guys think?  Should we have a level 3 section?

NOTE:  I think recommending candidates to have a section as to why they picked the 2 encounter powers they picked and how they'll be used when their basic attack is not appropiate. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
I really would like to see builds that don't rely on CA and/or charging,especially with mounts.
I really would like to see builds that don't rely on CA and/or charging,especially with mounts.

CA and charging are two the best ways to get high DPR, so alot of the DPR kings use those methods.

Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.

I know,but still...I just really wish Wizards would publish some way to make it even,or if somebody could find one.
Some strategically placed typifying on certain items and feats would do it
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
You have 2 options: calculate dpr per Target and we can handwave flurry's 3 Target limit, or you can convert to single Target dpr, as found in my first post. For flurry assume 2 targets. It's not too far from 3

So, do you mean that I should assume I will be attacking two targets, and that there won't be a third to get with Flurry of Blows? (My Flurry of Blows will damage up to three targets when I hit with an attack once per round.)
You have 2 options: calculate dpr per Target and we can handwave flurry's 3 Target limit, or you can convert to single Target dpr, as found in my first post. For flurry assume 2 targets. It's not too far from 3

So, do you mean that I should assume I will be attacking two targets, and that there won't be a third to get with Flurry of Blows? (My Flurry of Blows will damage up to three targets when I hit with an attack once per round.)

Just treat it as an AOE.

[sblock AOE conversion table]
Calculate your per target DPR and multiply it by the number in the table depending on if your AoE is friendly or not.  See this[filled out later] post to figure out how to handle Sorcerous Flux, Sage of Ages...
Squares       Friendly     Unfriendly
4  (2x2)        1.2             1.1
9  (3x3)        1.45           1.3
16 (4x4)       1.8             1.5
25 (5x5)       2.25           1.7
36 (6x6)       2.8             1.9
49 (7x7)       3.45           2.1
64 (8x8)       4.2             2.3
81 (9x9)       5           3
a 9x9 is the cap.[/sblock]

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Alright, treating Flurry of Blows as a static +12 damage bonus, I get 50 DPR. This is lower than the 65+ DPR I get when I only let Flurry of Blows trigger on the first attack but assume enough foes for it to do all 36 damage it can. I think the problem is that AOEs aren't given a high enough multiplier. I can usually catch more than 1.45 foes in a friendly close burst 1.
That multiplier attempts to capture two different things: How many enemies can you reliably catch in the area... and what's the VALUE of catching them in the area.  You'd generally rather kill one target and not touch another than bloody two targets, so spread out damage is not as valuable as focused damage.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I have a build with pretty good DPR.Though he's not near the top,I'd still like to submit him.

Level 1 Human Slayer,with a greatspear.His feats are Suprising Charge and Spear Expertise.He has a 20 in Str and a 16 in Dex by taking huge penalties in other scores( D

[sblock=Here it is]

html_removed
html_removed

html_removed
html_removed
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}
span.s1 {text-decoration: underline}
-->

To-Hit:5(Str)+3(Prof.)+1(Expertise)+2(Berserker's Charge)=+11

Monster AC:1+14=15

Chance to Hit:1-.05(15-11-1)=.85(.05 crit chance)

Damage:d10(Greatspear)+d10(Suprising charge)+5(Str)+3(Str)+1(Spear Expertise)=11+9=20(29 crit)

DPR1.85-.05)*(20)+(.05)*(29)

DPR2.80)*(20)+(.05)*(29)

DPR3:16+1.45

Final DPR:17.45
[s/block] 

He needs a third feat for Greatspear or to be taking the nonproficient penalty (Greatspear is a superior weapon right)?

Also, I don't think you can get a 20/16 spread with a human, best you can do (I believe) is 20/14.
Level 1 Human Slayer,with a greatspear.His feats are Suprising Charge and Spear Expertise.He has a 20 in Str and a 16 in Dex by taking huge penalties in other scores( D

Dex 16?
Dex 17 is required for Surprising Charge.

Wouldn't a gouge be better?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
There goes that,lol.
Dex 16 is possible,you have to have an 8,a 9,and an 8. 

Nevermind then.....this was at 11 last night,maybe I was a bit tired :3 
Dex 16 is possible,you have to have an 8,a 9,and an 8.

Yeah, that can't occur on a LFR-legal character, which is one of the requirements of this thread.  
Actually it is only a symbol I request you put with your candidate if your not lfr legal
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I haven't played a lot of 4e and I'm building an artificer and have a quick question. I know this isn't the place for that, but if I'm right, I have a suggestion for a high DPR character. What I want to know is can`an artificer stack multiple sigils onto one weapon. If so then a 30th level artificer/battlemind hybrid with Battle Engineer and God mind could stack Icebound, Hellfire, Lightning and the engineer's Sigils all onto one glaive, use battlemind's Blinding Barrage at-will and add on damage with heavy blade opportunity and polearm gamble. I'm also not sure about this but God Mind gives you back all your sigils so I would assume I could reapply the sigils to the weapon, but I'm not sure if they would stack with themselves. If that doesn't work, then Godmind gives you the ability to use the combo two fights in a row without resting. If I'm right about all this, and I doubt I am I figured around 1100 damage doable at will. Sure you can't do all of it in one turn, it would take several just to activate all of the sigils, but the damage output would be impressive.
I haven't played a lot of 4e and I'm building an artificer and have a quick question. I know this isn't the place for that, but if I'm right, I have a suggestion for a high DPR character. What I want to know is can`an artificer stack multiple sigils onto one weapon. If so then a 30th level artificer/battlemind hybrid with Battle Engineer and God mind could stack Icebound, Hellfire, Lightning and the engineer's Sigils all onto one glaive, use battlemind's Blinding Barrage at-will and add on damage with heavy blade opportunity and polearm gamble. I'm also not sure about this but God Mind gives you back all your sigils so I would assume I could reapply the sigils to the weapon, but I'm not sure if they would stack with themselves. If that doesn't work, then Godmind gives you the ability to use the combo two fights in a row without resting. If I'm right about all this, and I doubt I am I figured around 1100 damage doable at will. Sure you can't do all of it in one turn, it would take several just to activate all of the sigils, but the damage output would be impressive.

Well..

First, this thread is about at-will DPR.  So if you can't do it every encounter (5 enounters in a day), it doesn't count here.  You might want to try the Nova thread, where they aim for higest damage in a round.  Or just post the sigil master build in it's own thread, if it doesn't fall into any paticular catagory.

Second, they stack unless their all the same type bonus like a power bonus.  If it doesn't have a type, it stacks with everything except itself (so 2 ice siglils won't stack).

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Feel free to post your nova build here, for I do indeed have a place for them. Sadly very few submit candidates. I remember seeing a thread or 2 for nova builds, but your build has a higher chance of staying alive if you post it here.

As long as the bonus types don't coincide your fine, but if I recall correctly artificer powers almost always gives power bonuses, thus they don't stack.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I have a level 16 daily nova build that I want to submit for consideration. Some of the math is beyond me (expected value of Headsman's Chop from Bruttal Barrage and when to start counting frost damage, for example) so I may be off. It solidly beats the other Bruttal Barrage build and I'm fairly certain that it beats the Ranger/Pit Fighter.

Hybrid Battlemind|Artificer/Soaring Blade

Brutal Barrage:
+24 vs. AC, +26 on subsequent hits with combat advantage from Wintertouched.

Damage:
37+2d8 per hit, +5 from frost vulnerability after the first hit, +5 once the target is prone (when hit twice by Brutal Barrage)
(7 con mod, 7 from Soaring Blade, 2 from Shocking Flame, 2 from Frozen Whetstone, 7 from Icebound Sigil, 12 from Lightning Sigil +2d8 from Promise of Storm)

Critical Hit: 19-20 crit range from Melegaunt's Darkblade, 53+4d6 from weapon, +1d6 from Executioner's Bracers, +2d10 from Soaring Blade.

Attacks: 12
4 from Augment 1 Bruttal Barrage.
4 from Augment 1 Bruttal Barrage on Action Point
4 from Rain of Hammers Ki Focus item daily power.

Bonus damage: 5 from Centered Flurry of Blows.

Sequence:
Starting Adjacent
Set up round: Apply Frozen Whetstone, activate Icebound Sigil, activate Lightning Sigil.
Attack Round, Acctivate Promise of Storm, attack with Bruttal Barrage augment 1, action point, attack with bruttal barrage augment 1, activate Rain of Hammers Ki Focus daily power (Minor action, make an at-will attack against a target you hit this turn, which is safe to assume with 8 attacks) to make anothr augment 1 Bruttal Barrage

I get 557.7 damage nova but that's without Headsman's Chop damage.

Bruttal Artificer

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 16
Genasi, Battlemind|Artificer, Soaring Blade
Hybrid Artificer: Hybrid Artificer Will
Hybrid Talent: Battlemind Armor Proficiency
Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid): Hybrid Power Point Option
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 24, Dex 15, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 35 Fort: 29 Reflex: 28 Will: 29
HP: 112 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 28

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +16, Endurance +20, Arcana +14, Acrobatics +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +11, Heal +11, History +9, Insight +11, Intimidate +8, Nature +13, Religion +9, Stealth +8, Streetwise +8, Thievery +8, Athletics +5

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Wintertouched
Level 4: Headsman's Chop
Level 6: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 8: Superior Will
Level 10: Elemental Echo (retrained to Monastic Disciple at Level 11)
Level 11: Shocking Flame
Level 12: Lasting Frost
Level 14: Superior Reflexes
Level 16: Armor Specialization (Scale)

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Magic Weapon
Hybrid at-will 1: Bull's Strength
Monastic Disciple: Centered Flurry of Blows
Psionic Defense (Hybrid): Blurred Step
Hybrid daily 1: Icebound Sigil
Hybrid utility 2: Dimension Slide
Hybrid at-will 3: Lodestone Lure (replaces Bull's Strength)
Hybrid encounter 3: Burning Weapons
Hybrid daily 5: Empathic Feedback
Hybrid utility 6: Energy Conversion
Hybrid at-will/encounter 7: Forceful Reversal
Hybrid daily 9: Iron Tomb
Hybrid utility 10: Slick Concoction
Hybrid at-will/encounter 13: Brutal Barrage (replaces Lodestone Lure)
Hybrid daily 15: Lightning Sigil (replaces Iron Tomb)
Hybrid utility 16: Mind of Endurance

ITEMS
Cloak of Distortion +3, Summoned Wyrmscale Armor +4, Heavy Shield, Melegaunt's Darkblade Longsword +4, Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier), Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1, Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) (100)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
I have a level 16 daily nova build that I want to submit for consideration. Some of the math is beyond me (expected value of Headsman's Chop from Bruttal Barrage and when to start counting frost damage, for example) so I may be off. It solidly beats the other Bruttal Barrage build and I'm fairly certain that it beats the Ranger/Pit Fighter.

Hybrid Battlemind|Artificer/Soaring Blade

Brutal Barrage:
+24 vs. AC, +26 on subsequent hits with combat advantage from Wintertouched.

Damage:
37+2d8 per hit, +5 from frost vulnerability after the first hit, +5 once the target is prone (when hit twice by Brutal Barrage)
(7 con mod, 7 from Soaring Blade, 2 from Shocking Flame, 2 from Frozen Whetstone, 7 from Icebound Sigil, 12 from Lightning Sigil +2d8 from Promise of Storm)

Critical Hit: 19-20 crit range from Melegaunt's Darkblade, 53+4d6 from weapon, +1d6 from Executioner's Bracers, +2d10 from Soaring Blade.

Attacks: 12
4 from Augment 1 Bruttal Barrage.
4 from Augment 1 Bruttal Barrage on Action Point
4 from Rain of Hammers Ki Focus item daily power.

Bonus damage: 5 from Centered Flurry of Blows.

Sequence:
Starting Adjacent
Set up round: Apply Frozen Whetstone, activate Icebound Sigil, activate Lightning Sigil.
Attack Round, Acctivate Promise of Storm, attack with Bruttal Barrage augment 1, action point, attack with bruttal barrage augment 1, activate Rain of Hammers Ki Focus daily power (Minor action, make an at-will attack against a target you hit this turn, which is safe to assume with 8 attacks) to make anothr augment 1 Bruttal Barrage

I get 557.7 damage nova but that's without Headsman's Chop damage.

Bruttal Artificer

level 16
Genasi, Battlemind|Artificer, Soaring Blade
Hybrid Artificer: Hybrid Artificer Will
Hybrid Talent: Battlemind Armor Proficiency
Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid): Hybrid Power Point Option
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 24, Dex 15, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 35 Fort: 29 Reflex: 28 Will: 29
HP: 112 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 28

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +16, Endurance +20, Arcana +14, Acrobatics +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +11, Heal +11, History +9, Insight +11, Intimidate +8, Nature +13, Religion +9, Stealth +8, Streetwise +8, Thievery +8, Athletics +5

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 4: Headsman's Chop
Level 6: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 8: Superior Will
Level 10: Elemental Echo (retrained to Monastic Disciple at Level 11)
Level 11: Shocking Flame
Level 14: Superior Reflexes
Level 16: Armor Specialization (Scale)

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Magic Weapon
Hybrid at-will 1: Bull's Strength
Monastic Disciple: Centered Flurry of Blows
Psionic Defense (Hybrid): Blurred Step
Hybrid daily 1: Icebound Sigil
Hybrid utility 2: Dimension Slide
Hybrid at-will 3: Lodestone Lure (replaces Bull's Strength)
Hybrid encounter 3: Burning Weapons
Hybrid daily 5: Empathic Feedback
Hybrid utility 6: Energy Conversion
Hybrid at-will/encounter 7: Forceful Reversal
Hybrid daily 9: Iron Tomb
Hybrid utility 10: Slick Concoction
Hybrid at-will/encounter 13: Brutal Barrage (replaces Lodestone Lure)
Hybrid daily 15: Lightning Sigil (replaces Iron Tomb)
Hybrid utility 16: Mind of Endurance

ITEMS
Cloak of Distortion +3, Summoned Wyrmscale Armor +4, Heavy Shield, Melegaunt's Darkblade Longsword +4, Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier), Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +1, Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) (100)

Does promise of storm say damage rolls or does it apply to static damage?
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Does promise of storm say damage rolls or does it apply to static damage?

It's extra damage that triggers on a hit, so it works with Bruttal Barrage.

Promise of Storm:
Until the end of your next turn, you deal 1d8 extra damage when you hit with a thunder attack or a lightning attack,
Level 11: 2d8
Level 21: 3d8

Shocking Flame adds 2 extra lightning damage to each melee attack, so the atttacks have the lightning keyword and trigger promise of storm.
to calculate headman's chop multiply 5 damage by the chance that you will have proned him given that many hits.  Given i attacks what are the chance that any 2 hit
This is the binomial distribution where n is the number of attacks you've made thus far, k is 2, and p is the chance that you've hit
perform this calculation for each attack, namely setting n to 2 for your 3rd attack, 3 for your 4th attack, 4 for your 5th attack...
multiply.  You'll soon realize that the chance that you will have proned him quickly goes up to .99 quickly thus you're effectivly adding 5* hit% each time. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I have a new DPR cantidate: The Radiant Blackguard:

RadBlack 12
Radiant Blackguard, level 12
Human, Blackguard, Adroit Explorer
Ambitious Effort: Ambitious Effort New Power
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 19, Dex 11, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 23.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18.

AC: 31 Fort: 26 Reflex: 24 Will: 28
HP: 100 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 25

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +17, Intimidate +17, Perception +11, Athletics +7, Endurance +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +12, Dungeoneering +6, Heal +6, History +5, Insight +8, Nature +6, Religion +5, Stealth +2, Streetwise +12, Thievery +2

FEATS
Human: Power of the Sun
Level 1: Deva Heritage
Level 2: Radiant Recovery
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
Level 6: Improved Defenses
Level 8: Cunning Stalker
Level 10: Resourceful Leader
Level 11: Deft Blade
Level 12: Light Blade Expertise

POWERS
Ambitious Effort New Power: Mocking Smite
Bonus At-Will Power: Virtuous Strike
Blackguard daily 5: Majestic Halo
Blackguard utility 6: Wrath of the Gods
Blackguard daily 9: Glorious Charge
Blackguard utility 10: Spirit of the Virtuous Charger

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Summoned Gith Plate Armor +3, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier), Horned Helm (heroic tier), Vanguard Rapier +3, Siberys Shard of Radiance (paragon tier), Badge of the Berserker +2, Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier), Ruby Scabbard (heroic tier)

The key to this build is Radiant Recovery giving him 4 THP that he can burn to fuel Dark Menace. He also has 2 minor action encounter powers that grant him THP (and defense buffs to keep them) so he can do it again if he gets hit(average enemy his level needs 14+ to hit his AC).  If you have an ally that can grant THP at-will, it gives you extra insurance as well.

Virtuous Strike DPR 39.63/44.38
He can get CA on his own by charging a lone enemy(ignoring OAs to do so) which should be doable the majority of the time.  If he's charging an enemy he hit last round, they'll have vulnerable 5 radiant and his DPR goes up 4.75.

Virtuous Strike Charge: Level 12 enemy Reflex: 24
To hit: +23 vs Ref (+6 CHA +6 level +3 prof +3 enh +2 expertise +1 charge +2 CA)
Average Damage, hit(CA, Charge): 1d8 Rapier+1d8 Vanguard +1d6 Helm + 6 Cha + 3 Enh + 2 WF + 2 IABP + 3 Shard + 6 Dark Menace + 6 Spirit of Vice) = 40.5
Average Damage, Crit: 3d8+50 = 63.5
.05(0) + .9 (40.5) + .05(63.5) = 39.63 (or 44.38 if he's hitting the same target - which may be difficult even with Boots of Adept Charging, especially since he's trying to hold onto temps).

His encounter 1-round nova is kinda fun though:
Nova
Minor: Vice's Reward: 10 THP, +2 defenses.
AP(we get 1 for each of the first 3 encounters thanks to Adroid Explorer, also gain resist 10): Charge lone/flanked/dazed enemy
Free: Dread Smite: 10 auto cold and necrotic damage, 5 ongoing cold and necrotic if he hits.
Free: Mocking Smite:  6 auto psychic and radiant damage and invisible if he hits.
Free: Dark Menace: 6 damage negated by resist for +6 damage on next attack
Attack: Virtuous Strike: Hit on a 2, 2d8+1d6+29(ruby scabbard too!) + 5 ongoing + 5 radiant vulnerable + invisible +2 to saves + 4 THP + shift 1 away.
Free: Vanguard weapon to give allies +1 to hit and +6 damage for a round(if the AP to do it, +5 more for Warlord MC).
Standard: Charge another target (is there an easy way to increase shift 1 to 2?)
Free: Dark Menace: 6 damage negated by resist for +6 damage on next attack
Attack: Virtuous Strike: As above without smites, but with +5 damage from radiant vulnerability

Assuming we don't roll 1s (90% likely) that's 4d8+2d6+73 cold, necrotic, psychic, and radiant damage + 5 ongoing and we have +2 defenses, invisibility, +2 to saves, 10 THP and DR 10.

His Daily Nova is the same, just drop Wrath of the Gods and Spirit of the Virtuous Charge before hand for two more helpings of CHA damage on each attack(5xCha total) yielding the above +24 damage between the two hits.

There's probably ways of improving it more (a mount or something) but I dislike mounts since every game I've been in where my character had one, it either couldn't fit into the dungeon or died within a session or two of me getting it...

For a couple more feats, you could probably go Magic Domain to make it Arcane, Arcane Admixture and add cold to it... I'll worry about that later. Tired.
My fantasy novel: Continent in the Clouds
I think I have a new King for Level 12
84.0 DPR - Arrow (level 12) - [1, 6, 8]

Can someone explain this build? I don't understand how he's taking a bunch of rogue powers that require a crossbow without MCing or Hybriding rogue. Did this change last minute or something? A traditional way of getting this is with Treetop Sniper.
The attacks I'm referring to are: Fleeting Spirit Strike, Go for the Eyes, Chameleon, Snap Shot
Most of this build still works, but I assume he will have to drop fighter for rogue and take superior crossbow or Treetop Sniper. Crossbow gains +1 hit - same feat cost to get Weapon Prof and Speed Loader as it would be to get Weapon Prof and Treetop Sniper. Loses some damage on Bow Exp and Battle Fury Stance.

Huntsmaster seems like a waste for any real build. It's lvl 11 feature give you +2 vs quarry instead of +1 from Battlefield Archer. fine for DPR kings, no good for real builds. Unless I'm missing something~

Overall this build looks awesomely fun and I'll definitely be playing it if I can iron out using rogue powers as a Ranger|Fighter with a greatbow. 
Ignore me away from books...

how is he taking a bunch of rogue powers that require a crossbow without MCing or Hybriding rogue.

Bump. Current king of level 12 (Arrow) needs to be fixed. The DPR doesn't change, but the powers listed are not possible with the current build.

Also for anyone looking at this from a practical build perspective - while the DPR is great the Nova potential is much less than LDB's Shoot to Thrill. I'd suggest combining some of the elements from this build with LDB's to add more damage. This is also outlined on pg 10 of shoot to thrill by another poster.
The spark slipper nerf took down the top 3 builds builds...

Need to recalculate my septblade, think he was at 200 or so before i added spark slippers.

guides
Power
my builds

15.1 to 23.1 DPR  (CA,CH) level 1 Vryloka (or dragonborn), Paladin (Blackguard)

Vice: Vice of Fury 
feat: Master at Arms (+1 to hit/teir)
STR 20, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16
Vengeance Strike w/ Longsword
+12 vs AC 15 (base +9 + CA + Charge):

1d8 + 5 str + 3 Dark Menace (cha damage to CA enemy)  +1 two handed versital bonus
+ 2 Spirit of Vice (Fury) (or +4 when bloodied creature present adjancent w/ CA)
+ 2 for each adjacent enemy(max +8) 

15.1 : Single enemy DPR with CA (d8 +13)

23.1 : 4 adjacent enemies, w/ me or other creature bloodied (d8 + 21)
I was playing around with a bugbear rogue and noticed while doing so some long-dead builds.

I think my Pyromancers went extinct on the distinction of whetstones being "when hit by this weapon" and I'm using the daggers as implements.  If whetstones apply to implement attacks, my paragon and epic pyromancers are still valid. If not, they're all gone.

halfbond's avenger/daggermasters don't work anymore after the daggermaster change.

heRaw's level 12 daggermaster doesn't entirely work since a) he's violated the accepted item limits for level 12 (has 2 level 13 items) and it was made before the bloodiron nerf to attacks from the weapon only.

Here's a replacement.  It's not on the level of langeweile's bugbear rogue, but since he's not perma-hidden, he's far less likely to be utterly nerfed by your DM ni some way. Also, daggermaster!

Outlaw theme for the free daze.

CB
Rawr, level 12
Bugbear, Rogue, Daggermaster
Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel
Rogue: Rogue Weapon Talent
Background: Occupation - Criminal (+2 to Stealth)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 12, Dex 22, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 23 Reflex: 27 Will: 20
HP: 79 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +23, Thievery +17, Perception +13, Insight +13, Acrobatics +17, Athletics +16, Religion +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +7, Heal +8, History +5, Intimidate +10, Nature +8, Streetwise +8

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber
Level 4: Light Blade Expertise
Level 6: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 8: Nimble Blade
Level 10: Silvery Glow
Level 11: Two-Weapon Opening

POWERS
Rogue at-will 1: Deft Strike
Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Rogue encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue daily 1: Blinding Barrage
Rogue utility 2: Fleeting Ghost
Rogue encounter 3: Low Slash
Rogue daily 5: Bloodbath
Rogue utility 6: Chameleon
Rogue encounter 7: Shadow Boxer
Rogue daily 9: Knockout
Rogue utility 10: Shadow Stride

ITEMS
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Frost Dagger +3, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (heroic tier) (2), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Feytouched Drowmesh +3, Frost Dagger +2, Camouflaged Clothing, Footpads, Elven Cloak +2

First DPR number is the initial attack, 2nd is with Riposte if the enemy takes it.

DPR 49.15/92.8
Riposte Strike: +24 vs AC 27
.1(0) + .75(3.5+25+13.5+5) + .15(10.5+59+ohMBA(23.15)) = 49.15

Oh MBA: .2(0) + .65(3.5+23) +.15(10.5+29) = 23.15

Riposte Interrupt: .15(0) + .65(3.5+13.5+29) + .15(10.5+58+23.15) = 43.65

Main Hand to hit: +23 (+6 dex +6 level + 3 prof + 3 enh +1 rogue +2 feat +3 CA)
Damage: +25 (+6 dex + 3 enh +1 TWF +2 IAoP +1 shard +2 gloves of ICE + 3 Silvery Glow +2 LBE +5 Cold Vuln)

Off-hand MBA to hit: +21 (+5 str +6 level + 3 prof + 2 enh +1 rogue +2 feat +3 CA)
Damage: +23 (+5 str + 2 enh +1 TWF +2 IAoP +1 shard +2 gloves of ICE + 3 Silvery Glow +2 LBE +5 Cold Vuln)

Riposte to hit: +22 (+5 str +6 level + 3 prof + 3 enh +1 rogue +2 feat +3 CA)
Damage: +24 (+5 str + 3 enh +1 TWF +2 IAoP +1 shard +2 gloves of ICE + 3 Silvery Glow +2 LBE +5 Cold Vuln)

In actual play, I'd probably replace Nimble Blade with Disciple of Divine Wrath for two rounds of 2d20 18-20 crit range and to avoid the dreaded 1 while using Knockout.  I'd get Nimble Blade back and get Superior Will for the next to feats.

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Daily Ranger level 12 nova. Bugbear Two-Blade Ranger/Snow Tiger

Show
+attack bonuses come from:
+6 half level
+6 strength
+3 proficiency (children born out of wedlock)
+2 enhancement
+2 expertise feat
+1 prime shot (from a feat)
+2 Begin the Hunt (power, when roll init)
+2 mount
= +24

I'll list the damage bonuses momentarily. Here's the set-up round.

When init is rolled: 
Begin the Hunt (+2 to attack rolls, quarry the target, and + 2 to init)
Hunter's Privilege (if my init is higher than anyone else's, I get +3 dmg on my quarry. This is crap, but it was a way to get +3 dmg, so why not?)

My set-up round:
Minor action: bloody myself with a weapon
Minor action: gain the use of the genasi power
Minor action: use the genasi power.

Okay, damage bonuses are as follows: 
+dmg from:
+2d8 promise of storms (genasi soul armor)
+1d6 bloodied (Battlecrazed bastard sword)
+1d10 weapon
+2 enhancement
+6 strength
+2 weapon focus
+2 Iron Armbands
+2 mount
+2 lancing gloves
+5 called shot
=2d8+1d6+1d10+21 (or 39 avg and 53 max)

after the first 2 attacks:
+5 if prone
+1+4 Lashing Leaves

only get these once:
1d6 HQ
+3 HQ
+2 Ruby Scabbard (actually get +1 twice, but simplified it for the dmg list)

Crits are +2d6

Note: If my controller and leader are too lazy to either move me or move the monster next to me, just use Attacks on the Run first. That will decrease damage by 9.5 points. 

My attack order:
Lashing Leaves
Off-Hand Strike
Ruffling Sting
AP: Melee basic attack (paragon path feature)
Attacks on the Run

Everything hits on a 2, crits on a 20. Lashing Leaves does 2 attacks. We forego one 
First: (1d10+2d8+1d6+21+1d6+3+1) = 46.5
.95*46.5= 44.175
.05*70=3.5
41.85+3.5 = 47.675 first attack avg.
Second: same as first, except no 1d6+3 and it can miss on a 2.
.9*40 = 36
.05*61=3.05
36+3.05 = 39.05

Now we have +5 dmg due to Headsmans Chop and +5 due to Lashing Leaves. Ruby Scabbard and HQ are now gone. We also have CA in case the monster has higher than normal AC. /shrug

Off-Hand Strike (and all future attacks except Attacks on the run which is 3d10): 1d10+2d8+1d6+29 (47 avg and 68 avg crit)
.9*47=42.3
.05*68=3.4
42.3+3.4 = 45.7

Ditto for Ruffling Sting

Ditto for MBA

Attacks on the Run: 3d10+2d8+1d6+29 (52.2 avg and 88 avg crit)
.9*58 = 52.2
.05*88 = 4.4
avg hit:56.6
Two attacks = 56.6*2 = 113.2

Total average damage with a one-round set-up nova: 337.025
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px">
I ran into the problem of not knowing how to handle oversized. Does it make bastard swords 1d12 instead or does it let me use a fullblade in 1-hand? I'm guessing the former. Since I didn't know, I just used the basic 1d10 bastard sword to avoid confusion.

Because I forgot to include a list, items include:
Show
Battlecrazed Bastard Sword +2 (2 of them), Lancing Gloves, Rage Drake, Iron Armbands of Power, Genasi Soul Hide Armor +2, Ruby Scabbard (2)

Updated.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Just thought of a new level 1 DPR King: Riposte Warden. DPR 22.5/19.1

Essential bits:

Race: Human
Class: Rogue|Warden
Power: Riposte Strike
Feats: Cunning Stalker, Hybrid Talent(Rogue, Brutal Scoundrel)
Weapon: Rapier
Class Feature: Nature's Wrath

Routine: Find a lone target, move up, Nature's Wrath to Mark, Riposte Strike.  They then either have to attack us drawing a Riposte (which does a TON of damage) or attack someone else, drawing a Warden's Fury(which does ok damage and makes them give up CA). With outlaw theme he's also got two dazes per encounter.

DPR 20.3/26.7
Riposte Strike:
+9 (+4 Dex + 3 Prof + 2 CA) vs AC 15
.25(0) + .7(1d8+4+2d6+3(Sneak Attack))+.05(24)=14.15

Riposte Interrupt:
+8 (+3 Str + 3 Prof +2 CA) vs AC 15
.3(0) + .65(1d8+3+2d6+3(Sneak Attack)) + .05(23)=12.53

Warden's Furry Interrupt:
+8 (+3 Str + 3 Prof +2 CA) vs Fort 13
.2(0) + .75(1d8+3) + .05(11)=6.18

DPR 20.3/26.7

Made the level 6 version.

CB, level 6
Riposte Warden, level 6
Human, Warden|Rogue
Hybrid Warden: Hybrid Warden Will
Hybrid Talent: Rogue Tactics (Hybrid)
Rogue Tactics (Hybrid): Brutal Scoundrel (Hybrid)
Human Power Selection: Heroic Effort

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 11, Dex 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 21 Fort: 17 Reflex: 21 Will: 15
HP: 55 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 13

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Stealth +15, Athletics +11, Bluff +8, Perception +8, Thievery +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +2, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +3, Heal +3, History +2, Insight +3, Intimidate +5, Nature +3, Religion +2, Streetwise +3

FEATS
Human: Nimble Blade
Level 1: Cunning Stalker
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Backstabber
Level 6: Hybrid Talent

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Warden's Lunge
Hybrid encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Hybrid utility 2: Fleeting Ghost
Hybrid encounter 3: Thundering Strike
Hybrid daily 5: Bloodbath
Hybrid utility 6: Bear's Endurance

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Vicious Rapier +2, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Amulet of Life +1, Rhythm Blade Dagger +1

Same deal, though they're even better off not hitting you.  Rhythm Blade off-hand gives defensive bump and a thrown-weapon option. Adds another daze too.

DPR 41/35.3
Riposte Strike: +17 vs AC 21
.15(0)+.8(2d4+10+2d8+3)+.05(2d12+37) = 24.1 + .85(19.9/13.2)

Riposte: +15 vs AC 21
.25(0)+.7(2d4+8+2d8+3)+.05(2d12+35) = 19.9

Warden's Fury: +15 vs Fort 19
.15(0)+.8(2d4+8)+.05(2d12+16) = 13.2

Added level 12 version. Frostcheese and Daggermaster on top. Even more incentive not to hit you.

CB, Level 12
Riposte Warden, level 12
Human, Warden|Rogue, Daggermaster
Hybrid Warden: Hybrid Warden Will
Hybrid Talent: Rogue Tactics (Hybrid)
Rogue Tactics (Hybrid): Brutal Scoundrel (Hybrid)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 12, Dex 22, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 23 Reflex: 27 Will: 20
HP: 92 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 24

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +11, Acrobatics +17, Stealth +17, Athletics +15, Bluff +11, Thievery +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +7, Heal +6, History +5, Insight +6, Intimidate +8, Nature +6, Religion +5, Streetwise +8

FEATS
Human: Nimble Blade
Level 1: Wintertouched
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Backstabber
Level 8: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
Level 10: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 11: Two-Weapon Opening

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Warden's Lunge
Hybrid encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Form of Mountain's Thunder
Hybrid utility 2: Fleeting Ghost
Hybrid encounter 3: Thundering Strike
Hybrid daily 5: Bloodbath
Hybrid utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Hybrid encounter 7: Low Slash
Hybrid daily 9: Knockout
Hybrid utility 10: Shadow Stride

ITEMS
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Frost Dagger +3, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (heroic tier) (2), Feytouched Drowmesh +3, Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +2, Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Frost Dagger +2

DPR 82.9/68.5
Attack: +23(+6 Dex + 6 Level + 3 Prof + 3 Enh + 2 LBE + 3 CA)
Damage: +25(+6 Dex + 3 Enh + 1 TWF + 2 IaoP + 3 Feat + 1 Shard + 2 Gloves + 5 Vuln + 2 LBE)

Off-hand MBA: +20 vs AC 26 (+4 Str vs +6 Dex, +2 Enh vs +3)
.25(0)+.7(1d4+22)+.05(2d6+26)=18.8

Riposte Strike: +23 vs AC 26
.1(0)+.75(1d4+25+3d8+4)+.15(3d6+55.5+MBA(18.8))=46.5 + .9(40.4/24.4)=82.9/68.5

Riposte Interrupt: +21 vs AC 26 (+4 Str vs +6 Dex)
.2(0)+.65(1d4+23+3d8+4)+.15(3d6+53.5+MBA(18.8))=40.4

Warden's Fury Interrupt: +21 vs Fort 24 (+4 Str vs +6 Dex)
.1(0)+.85(1d4+23)+.05(3d6+25.5+MBA(18.8))=24.4

Here is an updated version of Arrow (current level 12 DPR King). Please remember that the DPR and Nova are on a ranged character!  It's very rare to see any ranged classes come close to their higher power melee cousins so I am proud that at this level it's possible to compete in the elite DPR ranks as an archer. =)

Big Props to LDB as his builds always inspire me and I just look for minor improvements to make on top.

84.0 DPR - Arrow (level 12) - [1, 6, 8]
Attack and Damage Math
Show

Twin Strike
+24 to hit 
    +6 Level
    +6 Dex
    +2 Prof
    +3 Enhance
    +2 Expertise
    +1 Prime Shot
    +2 CA
    +2 Hunt Master's Mark

+39.5 Damage 
    +6.5 Great Bow
    +3 Enhance
    +3 Silvery Glow
    +5 Lasting Frost
    +2 Bracers
    +3 Syberys Shard
    +2 Gloves
    +2 Whetstone
    +2 Prime Shot Weapon
    +4 Battle Fury Stance
    +5 Called Shot
    +2 Bow Expertise

90% Chance to hit
5% Chance to crit
5% Chance to miss

Chance for 1 hit: 89.3%
Chance for 1 crit: 9.8%

DPR per Attack (0.9*39.5+0.05*55.5) = 38.325 DPR (x2)
DPR from Quarry (0.893*7+0.098*12) = 7.4175

Twin Strike = (+24 to hit, 1d12+39.5 damage) x2
Total DPR = 84.0675

Arrow level 12 DPR Build:
Show

Arrow (DPR), level 12

Human, Fighter/Ranger, Huntmaster

Hybrid Ranger Option: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude

Hybrid Talent Option: Ranger Combat Talent

Ranger Combat Talent Option: Prime Shot (Hybrid)

Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort

Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STR 11, CON 11, DEX 23, INT 11, WIS 17, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

STR 10, CON 10, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 9

AC: 22 Fort: 19 Ref: 23 Will: 20

HP: 91 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +17, Athletics +13, Dungeoneering +14, Perception +14, Stealth +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Arcana +6, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Endurance +6, Heal +9, History +6, Insight +9, Intimidate +6, Nature +9, Religion +6, Streetwise +6, Thievery +12

POWERS

Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack

Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack

Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort

Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge

Hunter's Quarry  Power: Hunter's Quarry

Fighter Attack 1: Weapon Master's Strike

Ranger Attack 1: Twin Strike

Ranger Attack 1: Two-Fanged Strike

Ranger Attack 1: Skirmishing Stance

Fighter Utility 2: Battle Fury Stance

Ranger Utility 2: Begin the Hunt

Fighter Attack 3: Rain of Blows

Ranger Attack 3: Disruptive Strike

Fighter Attack 5: Nimble Bladestorm

Ranger Attack 9: Attacks on the Run

Fighter Utility 10: Fighter's Grit

Huntmaster Attack 11: Crimson Spear Strike

Huntmaster Utility 12: Brace for the Charge

FEATS

Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatbow)

Level 1: Hunting Spear Student

Level 4: Hybrid Talent

Level 6: Bow Expertise

Level 10: Wintertouched

Level 11: Called Shot

Level 11: Sly Hunter

Level 12: Silvery Glow

ITEMS

Prime Shot Greatbow +3 x1

Bracers of Archery (heroic tier) x1

Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier)

Gloves of Ice (paragon tier) x1

Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) x 32

====== End ======

Also I made a level 12 Nova variation of Arrow for those that were curious if the build had nova potential

[Nova 458 average damage] Arrow (nova), level 12, [1,6,8]

Attack and Damage Math

Show

+24 to hit 
    +6 Level
    +6 Dex
    +2 Prof
    +3 Enhance
    +2 Expertise
    +1 Prime Shot
    +2 CA
    +2 Power Bonus from Begin the Hunt

+62 Damage 
    +5.5 Long Bow
    +3 Enhance
    +3 Silvery Glow
    +5 Lasting Frost
    +2 Bracers
    +3 Syberys Shard
    +2 Gloves
    +2 Whetstone
    +10.5 Lightning Arrows
    +4 Battle Fury Stance
    +5 Called Shot
    +2 Bow Expertise

+9 Promise of Storm

90% Chance to hit
5% Chance to crit
5% Chance to miss

Attacks and Damage per attack
Show

Attack Sequence:
Setup Round:
Minor: Apply Whetstone
Minor: Enter Battle fury stance
Minor: Activate Promise of Storm

Attack Round:
Minor: Sudden Bolt (54.5 Avg, apply lasting frost and grant CA)
Minor: Snap Shot (60 Avg)
Free: Flaming crossbow daily power (1d6+5)
Free: Drop crossbow
Free: Equip Quick Longbow (free action due to Fast Hands utility power)
Standard: Attacks on the Run (140 Avg)
Action Point: Two-Fanged Strike (120 Avg)
Free Action: Ranged Basic Attack (60 Avg, from quick weapon daily power)
Quarry + Sneak Attack+Flaming weapon: (24 Avg)

Total Nova Average Damage: 458 Average Damage Nova

And here is the Nova build:
Show

Arrow (Nova), level 12

Revenant, Ranger/Fighter, Cloaked Sniper

Hybrid Talent Option: Ranger Combat Talent

Ranger Combat Talent Option: Prime Shot (Hybrid)

Hybrid Ranger Option: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude

Choose your Race in Life: Genasi

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STR 11, CON 16, DEX 22, INT 11, WIS 18, CHA 9

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

STR 10, CON 13, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 8

AC: 22 Fort: 21 Ref: 22 Will: 20

HP: 84 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +17, Dungeoneering +15, Perception +15, Stealth +17, Thievery +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Arcana +6, Athletics +6, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Endurance +11, Heal +10, History +6, Insight +10, Intimidate +7, Nature +10, Religion +6, Streetwise +5

POWERS

Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack

Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack

Revenant Utility: Dark Reaping

Hunter's Quarry  Power: Hunter's Quarry

Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge

Genasi Racial Power: Promise of Storm

Ranger Attack 1: Twin Strike

Fighter Attack 1: Brash Strike

Ranger Attack 1: Skirmishing Stance

Fighter Attack 1: Bell Ringer

Ranger Attack 1: Two-Fanged Strike

Ranger Utility 2: Begin the Hunt

Thievery Utility 2: Fast Hands

Fighter Utility 2: Battle Fury Stance

Fighter Attack 5: Nimble Bladestorm

Rogue Attack 7: Snap Shot

Ranger Attack 9: Attacks on the Run

Cloaked Sniper Attack 11: Sudden Bolt

Cloaked Sniper Utility 12: Unseen Shot

FEATS

Level 1: Sneak of Shadows

Level 2: Bow Expertise

Level 4: Silvery Glow

Level 8: Past Soul

Level 10: Novice Power

Level 11: Called Shot

ITEMS

Gloves of Ice (paragon tier) x1

Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier)

Flaming Crossbow +1

Quick Longbow +3 x1

Bracers of Archery (heroic tier) x1

Lightning Arrow +3

Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier)

Check and props
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Thanks to the wording of Distant Vengeance, we can use Eldritch Blast with Oath of Emnity as a Avenger|Warlock at range 10.

There's probably more shenanigans than I can get out of this. I prefer Heroic builds, these paragon ones make my head ache. Needed level 16 to get a radiant weapon though...

CB
Avengerlock of Caiphon, level 16
Human, Avenger|Warlock, Student of Caiphon
Hybrid Avenger: Hybrid Avenger Fortitude
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid): Star Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Charisma
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Reflex
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (light blade group)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Twofold Pact: Sorcerer-King Pact
Arcane Admixture Power: Eldritch Blast

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 24.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18.

AC: 27 Fort: 26 Reflex: 29 Will: 32
HP: 100 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 25

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Perception +13, Stealth +13, Insight +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Bluff +17, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +9, Heal +8, History +12, Intimidate +15, Nature +8, Religion +12, Streetwise +15, Thievery +8, Athletics +7

FEATS
Human: Killing Curse
Level 1: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 2: Versatile Expertise
Level 4: Distant Vengeance
Level 6: Wintertouched
Level 8: Silvery Glow
Level 10: Improved Defenses (retrained to Gifted Death Dealer at Level 11)
Level 11: Arcane Admixture
Level 14: Twofold Pact
Level 16: Mindbite Scorn

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Eldritch Blast
Hybrid at-will 1: Avenging Shackles
Hybrid encounter 1: Shadow Tentacles
Hybrid daily 1: Crown of Stars
Hybrid utility 2: Shadow Blend
Hybrid encounter 3: Fury's Advance
Hybrid daily 5: Nine Souls of Wrath
Hybrid utility 6: Prescient Maneuver
Hybrid encounter 7: All the Sand, All the Stars
Hybrid daily 9: Thief of Five Fates
Hybrid utility 10: River of Life
Hybrid encounter 13: Dark Reach of Xevut (replaces Shadow Tentacles)
Hybrid daily 15: Plague of Frogs (replaces Thief of Five Fates)
Hybrid utility 16: Guise of the Laughing Fool

ITEMS
Radiant Accurate dagger +3, Enshrouding Candle (heroic tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Siberys Shard of Radiance (heroic tier), Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier), Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic tier), Summoned Mindweave Armor +4, Amulet of Double Fortune +4, Rhythm Blade Dagger +1, Symbol of Daring +1, Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Fireheart Tattoo (heroic tier)

There are a few feats that might be swapped and/or picked next:
*Bloodied Boon and Arbiter of Justice, which means you are pretty much guaranteed your Boon twice per target - which is handy since it now gives an ally and MBA + 5 radiant ongoing whenever it triggers thanks to Student of Caiphon.
*Hybrid Talent for Avenger's +3 AC and Unarmored Agility so your AC isn't hit on a 6...
*Accurate Dagger Prof for more hit, though it's not really needed, at least with Eldrich Blast.

DPR 53.2
+23(7 cha + 8 level + 3 enh + 2 feat + 1 item + 2 CA) vs Reflex 28
.04(0)
.6825(1d10+28(7 cha + 3 enh + 3 feat + 4 int + 1 shard + 3 item + 2 gloves + 5 cold vuln) +3d8 (curse)) = 32.08
.2775(4d6+62) = 21.09

53.2 total.

Unfortunately, Oath only works on Eldrich Blast for Warlock Powers. And Avenger powers for this guy suck. Hard.

Arcane version of the Striker of Pelor essentially... probably more you could do with it than I did.

As a side note, borg285, I added the level 6 version of my Riposte Warden above.

Edit: The top level 16 build still has Spark Slippers.
Changed the Riposte Warden builds to human for a bit more DPR. Added the level 12 version.

Looked at some other builds. 
*L16 #1 Murderous Mind uses Spark Slippers.
*L16 #2 Infernal Hexblade Chargers DPR seemed huge, so I ran it and found out there was even more there. By my calculations it's:

DPR 113
+24 vs Reflex 28

Eldritch Strike Charge
.15(0)+.8(4d6b1+2d6+32)+.05(3d6+68)=47.9 + .85(32.8+11(WL)+32.8)=113

Eldritch Strike:
.15(0)+.8(2d6b1+30)+.05(3d6+38)=32.8

*I don't know why the L12 #2 Bugbear Rogue is crossed out, I'm wondering if it's because he calculates TWO damage without having TWO? I get 78.6 for the damage w/out TWO.
*Landsknecht73's Warlock's damage seems to be slightly off.  He's treating Hellish Rebuke's Rebuke as an attack, which it isn't. He does have to hit with Hellish Rebuke in the first place though. His corrected numbers are .1 lower for both levels... Pretty insignificant, but at least the build is more precise.

12 and 16 DPRs
Level 16
Inital Damage/Crit (.90*54.5)+(0.05*86) = 53.4
Rebuke Damage .95*42.5 = 40.4
DPR = 93.8

Level 12
Inital Damage/Crit (.90*39.5)+(0.05*65) = 38.8
Rebuke Damage .95*32.5 =  30.9
DPR = 69.7

Have they made Warlock's Curse damage 1/turn instead of 1/round yet?  If so, the warlock does even more damage...
I just felt like mentioning that you probably could get a bit more DPR in many builds by using (Cheesy, but works) alchemist theme, making a free item in a short rest then applying it to a piece of ammunition, etc. until you have for example 100 ammo with the alchemical properties you want.

The ones you can do this with (that I have found anyways)

Eberron:
Vulnerability 5/fire

AV:
Ongoing 5 poison damage
Slow (Won't affect DPR, but still nice)
Ignoring Insubstantial

By abusing the vulnerability 5/fire you could quite possibly do as much damage as you do with the "Frostcheese"
The combustion whetstone (Im not sure if vulnerability stacks, but I would guess it does) would add another vulnerability 5/fire on top of this. The only sad thing is that you lose the combat advantage from wintertouched, and that you need to use ranged weapons to abuse this.

Also it requires you to hit with the alchemical items, which would have item level+5 to-hit vs. reflex, but while it wouldn't always hit, it should still be fairly reliable I'd say.
Proposed daily nova build for level 30. The maths is far too complicated for me to work out so I have run 10 iterations to come up with an average (they are in an excel spreadsheet if anyone wants a copy).

Hurricane Ivan

Level 30 Stormsoul Genasi Barbarian|Fighter MC Rogue MC Avenger, Traveller's Harlequin, Planeshaper using a rending execution axe

Prep Round:
Standard: Hunting Lion Rage
Minor: Goad of Blood
Minor: Promise of Storm 

Nova Round:
Free: Belt of Titan Strength
Free: Oath of Enmity
Minor: Raise the Stakes
Standard: Harrying Assault, which gives an mba which we turn into any encounter power
Free (after 1st hit): Savage Growl
No Actions: Hurricane of Blades (from Harrying Assault), 1st crit gives an mba from rending and an mba from rampage (the only free action attack of the turn). As there are 4 attacks from Hurricane of blows and we have a crit percentage of 0.36, we get one crit on average, which spawns 2 more hurricanes of blades (planeshaper gives us a second and it recharges when we crit from epic resurgence). As soon as one of the hurricanes is complete we can recharge it with the daily power from torc of power (on a 4+ with a torc of power +6). If there is ever a stage that we can't use hurricane of blades, then we use storm of blades and when that is used up we use Devastating Strike.
Minor: Salve of Power to recharge hurricane of blades
AP Standard: Irresistible Ardor. This is the turning point of the nova. It is only a single attack and it must crit in order for us to continue. To this end we have to maximize the chance of it critting; we crit on 17s (thanks to raise the stakes) rolling twice (thanks to oath of enmity) and we take as many reroll powers as possible. Before the encounter started we rolled our dice of auspicious fortune (which give us 3 shots at a 17+) and we get two shots from the original roll. We then take combat surge to give a reroll (oath of enmity lets us reroll both dice) as well as a stone of earth, a stone of storms and stone of fire (each of which grants us a reroll thanks to shocking flame). This effectively gives us 13 shots to roll a 17+, which makes it extremely likely. Any reroll powers not used up can be used to go crit fishing later.
No Actions: See above. Hurricane of blades has been recharged twice more, thanks to the salve of power and Irresistible Ardor, any additional crits, produce more Devastating Strikes and these can crit again to produce more, using any reroll powers left over (seeing as we hit on a 2+ rolling twice, there is only a negligible chance of missing [I didn't miss in all 10 iterations] and thus rerolling hits to try and crit is not an issue).

In total this nova should produce, Hurricane of Blades 6 times, Storm of Blades Once, Harrying Assault Once and an indeterminate number of Devastating Strikes.

To hit: 15[lvl]+9[str]+2[prof]+3[exp]+6[enh]+1[fighter]+2[elemental barbarian]+2[CA]+2[hunting lion rage] = +42 vs AC (+44 after a crit)

Static damage: 9[str]+6[enh]+3[focus]+3[deadly rage]+8[shocking flame]+5[shard]+6[frozen whetstone]+6[IAoP]+10[belt of titan strength] = +56 (+2 after a crit)

Dice: 1d12r3[W]+3d8r2[Promise of Storm]+1d8r2[savage growl] - all dice rolled twice[ring of the radiant storm] and all 1s rerolled[gauntlets of destruction] = Max(2d12r3+4d8r2,2d12r3,4d8r2)

Hurricane of Blades = +42 vs AC, Max(2d12r3+4d8r2,2d12r3,4d8r2)+56 repeated 3 more times

HoB 1st Crit = 112+Max(3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2,3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2) and two melee basic attacks (which become melee at-wills or encounters due to goad of blood).

Hurricane of Blades (after crit) = +44 vs AC, Max(2d12r3+4d8r2,2d12r3,4d8r2)+70 repeated 3 more times

HoB subsequent Crits = 114+Max(3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2,3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2) and one melee basic attack (which becomes a melee at-wills or encounters due to goad of blood).

Storm of Blades in the same just 1d12+2 less and only repeated 2 more times (hitting on a 2 so 1/400 chance of missing and not getting subsequent attacks)

Devastating Strike = +42 vs AC (+44 after a crit), Max(2d12r3+7d8r2,2d12r3+7d8r2)+58

DS Crit = 136+Max(3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2,3d12r3+1d10r2+5d6r2) and one melee basic attack (which becomes a melee at-wills or encounters due to goad of blood).

Average =  4936.2
Highest iteration = 6115
Lowest iteration = 2167

155 crits
382 attacks
Crit % = 0.406
Average crit % without rerolls or dice of auspicious fortune ought to be 0.36 so this is about right.

I would like to thank Damon_Tor, as this is a modification of his GraveDigger (mainly the use of Oath of Enmity and Raise the Stakes).

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Shouldn't the Battlemind Kings be updated to the new errata? (or thrown into the nerfed bin until their owners update?)
Sign In to post comments