[ARCHETYPE] Deceiver Exarch + Splinter Twin

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think Liliana Vess is worth a spot there, works very well with Gitaxian Probe (tutor Probe, next turn tutor the win card, use GitProbe to check the coast is clear and draw the win card). 

You want Spellskites in the MD. 
Well this is a list i've been using online. My paper version is just R/U right now and in that list I do play Spellskite, but in my Grixis list the hand disruption has been pretty good in terms of protecting my combo.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to running Vess though. What would you suggest cutting for her?
I am wanting to see what deck lists are out there that are rug. No one that I know wants to play agisnt this deck because off how good it is. Just what would be good sb cards?
I am wanting to see what deck lists are out there that are rug. No one that I know wants to play agisnt this deck because off how good it is. Just what would be good sb cards?

I use Islands' deck, named Shamburglar in the main forum.

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [ZEN] Forest (1)
    4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
    3 [SOM] Copperline Gorge
    2 [M11] Rootbound Crag
    2 [UG] Mountain
    2 [DPA] Island (2)

// Creatures
    4 [ROE] Vengevine
    2 [M11] Acidic Slime
    1 [M11] Frost Titan
    1 [FD] Trinket Mage
    4 [NPH] Deceiver Exarch
    4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
    1 [NPH] Hex Parasite
    1 [NPH] Spellskite
    4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra
    4 [M11] Fauna Shaman

// Spells
    2 [NPH] Birthing Pod
    3 [ROE] Splinter Twin
    3 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
    4 [M11] Preordain

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
SB: 3 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M11] Combust
SB: 3 [NPH] Dismember
SB: 2 [WWK] Cunning Sparkmage
SB: 1 [NPH] Brutalizer Exarch
SB: 1 [M11] Inferno Titan
SB: 1 [M11] Obstinate Baloth 

I think I want to fit an extra Baloth into the maindeck, but I don't know what to cut for it. There's a lot going on in this deck, which gives advantages that the Caw-Blade deck had; it's difficult to gear up against one line of attack (e.g. the Exarch combo) without weakening to another line of attack (Vengevine chain, or land destruction sideboard).
For me I run 2 red and 1 blue titian along with md spellskite (3)
Along with 4 probs, 2-4 mana leaks, playset preordain. Just still worried about aggro creatures.
If you're not running white with splinter twin you're doing it wrong. Stonehorn Dignitary is worth it, and Venser, the Sojourner is awesome.
I'd rather run DoJ O-Ring, Gideon, TR,  and Colonade with White.
Sign In to post comments