Custom Origins Compilation

300 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've got a half-day to myself today, and I'm working on the Class Origins now. Hopefully I can make it pretty far in before I have stuff I need to do.

@Tony_Vargas: Thanks again for that file you sent me. Since you basically use the same format as I do, Its mostly just been copy/paste touch up. But you sure do make it hard to fit each origin on a single page! :P Apologies in advance for having to cut appearance / some flavor text to make it all fit. Normally I find some rules re-wording works to fit things, but yours rarely need that, hehe.
@Tony Vargas:  Hmm, Ok a few things I noticed while im going through your class origins. Check back on this post periodically - I'll just list things and then take items off as theyre addressed. Easier than filling up the thread with posts (if it comes to that).

1. Hunter is missing a Lvl 1 Passive power, and a Lvl 4/8 Alpha replacement. The field is there, its just blank in the file you gave me, like you were working on it but skipped it for later.

2. What do you say about having powersource keywords for the origins? I dont think powersource actually affects anything when it comes to non-alpha/omega powers, and it kinda bugs me not putting em in, since pretty much everything has a powersource keyword. I suspect a new set might be needed for classes anyway... like Martial, Science, Arcane, and Psi maybe. Any suggestions/comments?
I think it looks good now Immobilize is not a particularly strong condition, so the fact that the utility can inflict it is not so big of a deal. Doesn't seem too powerful to me. Overall, I think it'll work pretty well, beyond a few typos which don't really matter ;P

Thank you

And sorry for the typo's. English is not my native language and allthough I like to think I'm not that bad I do make mistakes.... then again... maybe I make just as many in my native language :P 
As far as fitting origins to one page, I just change the font sizes.  :shrug:

@Tony Vargas:  Hmm, Ok a few things I noticed while im going through your class origins. Check back on this post periodically - I'll just list things and then take items off as theyre addressed. Easier than filling up the thread with posts (if it comes to that).

1. Hunter is missing a Lvl 1 Passive power, and a Lvl 4/8 Alpha replacement. The field is there, its just blank in the file you gave me, like you were working on it but skipped it for later.

Stalker (Level 1): When you have surprise or win initiative you gain combat advantage against any enemy that has not yet acted in the encounter.

Like the Wind (Level 4 or 8, instead of an additional Alpha mutation): You can make a stealth check if you move into cover (other than that granted by creatures) or concealment, rather than breaking line of sight. You do not take a penalty to Stealth checks for moving up to your normal speed.

2. What do you say about having powersource keywords for the origins? I dont think powersource actually affects anything when it comes to non-alpha/omega powers, and it kinda bugs me not putting em in, since pretty much everything has a powersource keyword. I suspect a new set might be needed for classes anyway... like Martial, Science, Arcane, and Psi maybe. Any suggestions/comments?

If you were to standardize on some skillish powersources, sure.  Otherwise, not really.  Except for the ESPer, Sorcerer, & Acsetic, they're not supposed to have such keywords, since they're not in any way related to a mutation.

edit 4/9/11: For 4e-compatibility 'Martial' would make sense for a lot of 'em.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I've posted another archetype origin designed to go along with the vehicle rules for Gamma World - the Road Warrior. Let me know what you think.

glimmthegnome.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/a...
I've been on a bit of an origin-designing kick, lately--specifically bio origins--and I'd love to contribute and hear any criticism or suggestions you folks can offer.

Armored
Armored

Armored Traits
Mutant Type: Constitution; Bio; +2 to bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Mechanics checks.
Living Armor (Level 1): Gain a +6 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Fortitude.  You can't wear armor, but you can use a shield.
Tough as Hell (Level 1): You have a +2 bonus to saving throws against effects that would daze, slow, stun, or weaken you.
Armored Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Armored Powers

Off-Hand Crack (Armored Novice)
Still swinging your weapon in one armored fist, you surprise your opponent with a quick punch from the other.
EncounterBio, Physical
Minor ActionMelee 1
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution + your level + 2 vs. AC
Hit: Constitution modifier + your level physical damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Turtle Up (Armored Utility)
You tighten up your armor, locking your plates or scales tighter.  You can't move fast this way, but it sure keeps the wind out.
EncounterBio
Minor ActionPersonal
Effect: You gain resist 5 physical and are slowed while this power is active.  You can deactivate this power as a minor action.

Body Check (Armored Expert)
You slam your armored bulk into your enemy, knocking it back.
EncounterBio, Physical
Standard ActionMelee 1
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Constitution modifier + twice your level physical damage, and you push the target 1 square directly away from you.  If the square the target would be pushed into is occupied by blocking terrain, the target is not pushed, and suffers 1d10 extra physical damage, instead.  If that square is occupied by another creature, the target is not pushed, and the second creature is knocked prone.
Miss: The power is not expended.

Centaur
Centaur

Centaur Traits
Mutant Type: Constitution; Bio; +2 to bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Nature checks.
Massive Bulk (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Fortitude.
Beast of Burden (Level 1): You move your speed, even while wearing heavy armor or carrying a heavy load.
Four on the Floor (Level 1): Gain a +1 bonus to speed.
Centaur Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you shift up to 2 squares.

Centaur Powers

Charge Attack (Centaur Novice)
You put all your weight and speed into your attack.
At-WillBio, Physical, Weapon
Standard ActionMelee weapon
Effect: You move up to your speed and make the following attack.
Attack: Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier + your level physical damage.  If you moved at least 2 squares during this action, you inflict 1d8 extra damage.

Taxi Service (Centaur Utility)
You're nobody's trusty steed, but you're not against giving a short ride now and again.
EncounterBio
Move ActionPersonal
Effect: You shift up to your speed.  An adjacent ally can come with you, appearing in any square adjacent to you after your action.  Your ally does not use an action as part of this movement.

Trample (Centaur Expert)
You barrel through your enemies, knocking them to the ground and stomping them into it.
EncounterBio, Physical
Standard ActionPersonal
Effect: You shift up to your speed and can enter enemies' spaces.  When you enter another creature's space, you make the following attack against it.
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Constitution modifier + your level physical damage, and the target falls prone.

Crocodilian
Crocodilian

Crocodilian Traits
Mutant Type: Strength; Bio; +2 to bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Stealth checks.
Scaly Hide (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Fortitude.  While not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Strength modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.
Ambush Predator (Level 1): You inflict 1d8 extra damage against surprised enemies.
Natural Swimmer (Level 1): Gain a swim speed equal to your speed.
Crocodilian Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you until the end of the encounter.

Crocodilian Powers

Tenecious Bite (Crocodilian Novice)
When you bite something, it stays bitten.
At-WillBio, Physical
Standard ActionMelee 1
Attack: Strength + your level vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Strength modifier + twice your level physical damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of your next turn, or until you are no longer adjacent to the target.  You gain a +2 bonus to attack the target again with tenacious bite at the beginning of your next turn.
Special: You can only have one target immobilized by this power at a time.

Tail Thrash (Crocodilian Utility)
If some fool creeps up on you while you're busy chewing on someone else, they get a face full of tail.
EncounterBio
Immediate ReactionMelee 1
Trigger: A creature moves into a space where it flanks you
Target: The triggering creature
Effect: You push the target 1 square and it falls prone.

Tearing Bite (Crocodilian Expert)
With a brutal twist of your head, you rip a chunk off of your latest meal.
EncounterBio, Physical
Standard ActionMelee 1
Target: One creature which you hit with tenacious bite on your previous turn
Attack: Strength + your level vs. Fortitude
Hit: 3d10 + Strength modifier + twice your level physical damage, and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.

Diminutive
Diminutive

Diminutive Traits
Mutant Type: Dexterity; Bio; +2 to bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Athletics checks.
Small Target (Level 1): Gain a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex.
Low Profile (Level 1): You are size Small.  You can make a Stealth check to become hidden if you have any cover or concealment.  Creatures against which you have partial cover or concealment suffer a -3 penalty to attack rolls when making ranged attack rolls against you, instead of the usual -2.
Short Legs (Level 1): Take a -1 penalty to speed.
Diminutive Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and the target falls prone.

Diminutive Powers

Ankle Biter (Diminutive Novice)
You dodge between your target's feet, daring your other enemies to take a shot at you with him in the way.
At-WillBio, Physical, Weapon
Effect: You can shift 2 squares before or after the attack.
Attack: Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier + your level physical damage, and you gain a +2 to all defenses against attacks by the target's allies until the end of your next turn, or until you are no longer adjacent to the target.

Down to Size (Diminutive Utility)
You're quick to take advantage when the big people get knocked down to your level.
At-WillBio
Immediate ReactionPersonal
Trigger: A creature falls prone adjacent to you
Effect: You can make a melee basic attack on the triggering creature.

Fastball Special (Diminutive Expert)
You let your biggest friend turn you into a projectile of stabbing, slashing fury.
EncounterBio, Physical, Weapon
Requirement: You must be adjacent to an ally who isn't prone or unable to take actions
Target: One creature within 5 squares
Effect: Before the attack, you fly to a square adjacent to your target.  This movement does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier + twice your level + twice your ally's Strength modifier + physical damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Quadruped
Quadruped

Quadruped Traits
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Athletics checks.
Survival Instinct (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Reflex.
No Thumbs (Level 1): You can't use weapons or shields.  You can manipulate objects with your front paws, but not well, and not while walking.  Fortunately, your unarmed quick attack does 2d6 damage and counts as a weapon.
Savage Speed (Level 1): You gain a +1 bonus to speed while wearing light armor or no armor.
Structural Superiority (Level 1): When subjected to a pull, push, or slide, you can move 1 square fewer than the effect specifies.  When subjected to an effect that would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Quadruped Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you can shift 2 squares. While shifting, you can move through enemy-occupied spaces.

Quadruped Powers

Low Blow (Quadruped Novice)
Running around on all fours, your can mostly only reach other folks' legs.  But that just makes it easy to yank them down to your level.
At-WillBio, Physical
Standard ActionMelee 1
Attack: Dexterity + your level + 3 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + Dexterity modifier + your level physical damage, plus 1d6 extra damage if the target is prone.  If you have combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.
Effect: You can shift 4 squares.

Wild Dash (Quadruped Utility)
You move like the wind, a blur racing through the thick of battle.
EncounterBio
Minor Action
Effect: You take a move action, and gain +4 to AC against opportunity attacks until the start of your next turn.

Death Pounce (Quadruped Expert)
You jump on your enemy and pin it to the ground, raking and tearing with your claws.
EncounterBio, Physical
Standard ActionClose burst 3
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You shift up to 2 squares to the nearest space adjacent to the target.  While shifting, you can move through enemy-occupied spaces.  Once there, you use Low Blow twice.  If both attacks hit, the target is restrained until the end of your next turn, or until you are no longer adjacent to it.

Spiked
Spiked

Spiked Traits
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus on Perception checks.
Spiny Armor (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to AC and Fortitude.
No Thumbs (Level 1): You can't use weapons or shields.  You can manipulate objects with your front paws, but not well, and not while walking.  Fortunately, your unarmed quick attack does 2d6 damage and counts as a weapon.
Pincushion Punishment (Level 1): Any creature that hits you with a melee attack without using a weapon suffers 5 physical damage.
Wardrobe Malfunction (Level 1): You can't wear armor.  You can use a shield, though.
Quadruped Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you can inflict physical damage equal to your Dexterity modifier + your level on a creature adjacent to you as a free action.

Spiked Powers

Bloody Barbs (Spiked Novice)
You rake your enemy with a thorny fist, opening ragged wounds.
At-WillBio, Physical
Standard ActionMelee 1
Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier + your level physical damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 physical damage (save ends).

Sword Breaker (Spiked Utility)
Instead of hurting you, your attacker just shatters its own weapon against your spikes.  Idiot.
EncounterBio
Immediate ReactionMelee 1
Trigger: A creature misses you with a melee attack with the weapon keyword
Target: Triggering creature
Effect: The triggering creature's weapon is destroyed.

Spikesplosion (Spiked Expert)
Your spikes explode from your hide like shrapnel.  Don't worry; they'll grow back.
EncounterBio, Physical
Standard ActionClose burst 2
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Dexterity + your level + 3 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier + twice your level physical damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of spikes that lasts until the end of your next turn.  Any creature other than you that enters enters the zone takes 5 physical damage.  You take a -2 penalty to AC until the end of your next turn.

I really intended to keep fairly orthodox when I started out, but all kinds of ful mechanical possibilities kept suggesting themselves, and then next thing I knew, I had origins that couldn't use armor, origins that couldn't use weapons, origins that destroyed weapons, origins that did damage depending on other characters' stats, origins with at-will utility powers . . . so, yeah, I realize how far outside the Gamma World design space a lot of this stuff is.  But, all the same, please criticize it.  I've definitely got some balance concerns with this stuff.
I posted an updated pdf version of the Scientist origin based on the one written and posted by Paulos. Let us know what you think of the updated version.

glimmsworkshop.com/2011/05/20/archetype-...
If anyone is interested, I've uploaded a Word document with the styles that I've used for my custom origins.

glimmsworkshop.com/2011/06/13/origin-and...
If anyone is interested, I've uploaded a Word document with the styles that I've used for my custom origins.

glimmsworkshop.com/2011/06/13/origin-and...

tis is rally good, though the utility block is structured like an attack power. also the radiation trifoild are replaced by + sighns. thought you might want to know.
Thanks, the utility block being structured as an attack was an accident on my part, but it should still be enough to serve as a basis for the formatting.

To get a radiation symbol rather than the "+", you'd just need to find a font with the symbol in it then use that in place of the "+".
Thanks, the utility block being structured as an attack was an accident on my part, but it should still be enough to serve as a basis for the formatting.

To get a radiation symbol rather than the "+", you'd just need to find a font with the symbol in it then use that in place of the "+".

the radiation symbol is included in MS word. you have to open the insert symbol menu. it should be there somewhere.

a single origin, made for fun. +5 xp if you know where its from.

Spoiler: ..."if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Close'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Open'; }" type="button" />

Deadman

You see, there's no escaping reality... or Deadman Wonderland

The Nameless Worm has permeated your body, giving you to power to control a Branch of Sin. This power will help you survive, but won’t protect you from the madness.

Appearance:  you look normal. This belies your true abilities, which make themselves apparent when you activate your branch of sin, weapons formed from your own blood.

Deadman Traits

Mutant Type:  Constitution; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.

Skill Bonus (Level 1):  Gain a +4 bonus to Conspiracy checks.

Carnival Corpse Training (Level 1):  Gain a +2 bonus to all defenses.

Sacrifice of Sin (Level 1):  Each time you use a Deadman power, you lose 1 hit point.

Deadman Critical (Level 2 or 6):  When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage and you gain 10 temporary hit points.

Deadman Powers

Ganta gun

Deadman Novice

It’s a stupid name, but it sure packs a hell of a punch.

At-Will > Bio

Standard Action

Range 10

Target:  one creature

Attack:  Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs. Reflex

Hit:  1d12 + constitution + twice your level physical damage.

Armor of Blood

Deadman Utility

You manipulate your Branch of Sin into an armor of sorts, protecting yourself from all but the strongest attacks.

Encounter > Bio

Minor Action

Personal

Effect:  You gain a +4 bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.

Sustain Minor: The bonus persists.

Invisible Black

Deadman Expert

This branch of sin manifests into a blade faster than the speed of sound,

Encounter > Bio

Standard Action

Melee 2

Target:  One creature stupid enough to pick a fight with you

Attack:  Constitution + twice your level + 4 vs. AC

Hit:  3d12 + constitution + your level. This attack ignores any resistances possessed by the target.

Effect: until the end of the encounter you can use Invisible Black as a Heavy one handed melee weapon; str/con; +4 accuracy; 1d12 damage.

[battlemaster95] – [June 22, 2011]

Gamma WorldTM is property of Wizards of the Coast

Deadman Wonderland is property of Kadokawa Shoten

Put Your Script,HTML code and text here

a link for the PDF virsion of the Deadman origin: LINK
here are a set of twenty origins. i think i went a bit on the damage heavy side so please P.E.A.C.H. if you want to.

www.4shared.com/document/y4f1F33S/gamma_...
Hey, does anybody think that a Fist of the North Star/Riki-Oh/Dragonball inspired Martial Artist Origin (using psychic powers to enhance said Martial arts) would be a good idea? Because I think I might wanna make one.
Hey, does anybody think that a Fist of the North Star/Riki-Oh/Dragonball inspired Martial Artist Origin (using psychic powers to enhance said Martial arts) would be a good idea? Because I think I might wanna make one.

Being such an ubernerd, *I* would surely pull that one day... 
I am so excited I came across this forum!
I am getting readyt o start my own Gamma World Campaign and find this information extremely valuable! Laughing

IMAGE(http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/image.php?u=10029&type=sigpic&dateline=1288645812)
Glad you like it The pdf is a bit outdated, as I havent worked on it for some time due to not having a current D&D group (sadly , it went the way of all groups. .. peoples jobs got in the way awhile). But theres been quite a few posts of content here since I last updated the overall pdf, so feel free to look around
Hey Chandrak, some folks have posted some good Ideas for origins that seem like they should make it into the next Pdf (vol 4). Battlemaster has some good ideas as well as the guy (i cant remember his name right now who did spiked, armored, centaur, quadriped, ect. Everyone should take some time to look at them and then try to give back any possitive feedback. I am more than willing to help out with some of the grind work and have already put together some ordered files of origins collected from folks around. Also I am willing to help out with geting the professions origins up and running. Let me know. Also anyone looking for game in the Seattle area (or online) with a srtong focus on homebrew ideas and mechanics? (wrong thread I know....)
Sign In to post comments