Attn: Organizers - Package contents

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Did I get this right?  There's one tab which I wasn't sure what to do with so I folded it inside.  This appears to be a Fortune Card box.  Is that what everyone else thinks?  Click for larger size if desired.

Did I get this right?  There's one tab which I wasn't sure what to do with so I folded it inside.  This appears to be a Fortune Card box.  Is that what everyone else thinks?  Click for larger size if desired.

It is a fortune card box.
Who can we talk to if those boxes weren't included in our pack?
The store should contact the WPN representative or use the WPN customer support.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Contact your WPN Rep.  However, it is important to note that not all stores may receive the POP kit.  In previous public events POP kits were determined by store WPN level, or previous participation.  Our store didn't receive the Crayons & Dice from one of the recent events and were told that not all stores would receive them.
Advanced Level TO
I do hope that the store that I frequent is able to get thier hands on a few of the dispare decks for the current season.  Did any one get them shipped in with their event package?  I ask because it seems, to me, stupid to run a season with an option with out including material to allow the DM's to reason if they want to run with the option
I doubt that they shipped decks to stores since the deck is part of a larger product release.

They have done stranger things but I dont see this happening. 
I should know more later...  Had Rob (Our Store Rep) Contact the Wizard Rep about getting those decks.  I mean there are spots where the adventure wants you to draw the cards.  Logic would dictate that we get atleast 1 or 2 decks to try out the option, but I have seen stranger things....
I doubt that Wizards will send out Despair Decks for Encounters, as the Shadowfell box comes out right before Session 2. It makes more sense to me that Wizards would try to encourage DMs to buy the product and use their own instead of handing out free product that they would rather have you pay for.
I'll have to see if my organizer got any deck boxes.  Mine's about the size that it needs one of those....

Also, Pixel, I believe that's what's called a supplemental option.  It's there if you want to use it.  It also serves as incentive for people running this season to buy the Shadowfell box, as it's a pretty interesting and unique mechanic.
I'll have to see if my organizer got any deck boxes.  Mine's about the size that it needs one of those....

Also, Pixel, I believe that's what's called a supplemental option.  It's there if you want to use it.  It also serves as incentive for people running this season to buy the Shadowfell box, as it's a pretty interesting and unique mechanic.

This may be true, (I hate marketing ploys) but at the same time I'm unemployed and would rather have a deck on hand at an Offical Wizards Event like this to see if I even want to spend the cash on the supplemental option.  I think it stands to reason to allow these decks at events like this as the store I frequent gives demos of any game in the store.  If some one heard about the supplement, I think the store reps would like to be able to describe it from experience rather than a marketing description.

I see what your saying though and see a corperation going this route even though I may hope that they do ship a few decks for the Encounter program.  Just makes more sence to me, If I can see a product in action I am more willing to buy the product.  Not hear about it and be "Well that would be cool if...." 

I'm terrible at these things. I tried to put one together, but what does the inside look like?
I didn't know what to do with the five panel, black piece that folds down on the front.
Much appreciated if you could show a photo of that too, please.

I can't wait to give these out at Encounters!
It is pretty easy, Fold it into a box form by connecting the ends together, tuck in the bottom and the left over flap at the front of the box.  You fold that inside the box so it wraps around the sides.  I would give a photo by photo/ step by step instructions for you but the Boxes are at the store and I'm 20 Miles from it at home.
It is pretty easy, Fold it into a box form by connecting the ends together, tuck in the bottom and the left over flap at the front of the box.  You fold that inside the box so it wraps around the sides.  I would give a photo by photo/ step by step instructions for you but the Boxes are at the store and I'm 20 Miles from it at home.

Ok.  I think I understand.
Was just confused, since it is folded or scored so many times.  It didn't look like it just fits inside.
Also, when folded inside, the graphic (of the top of the tower) is upside down and inside.. if I'm doing it right...  
Yeah, I think that five panel bit is there to help the box stay in a box shape.

Are you sure that's correct? I did the same thing, but the small flaps don't quite fit the back corners and it leaves two extrea score marks that just sit flat in the front.

Come check out and add to the LFR Wiki, part of the Forgotten Realms Wiki.

Are you sure that's correct? I did the same thing, but the small flaps don't quite fit the back corners and it leaves two extrea score marks that just sit flat in the front.

I think it is correct.  It is the only logical thing to do with that flap as you don't want to fold it outside the box as it would hide the artwork and stop the lid/flap from tucking into the slot that locks the lid closed.  unless there is another way to fold it the logic holds up
My Store owner got them in, and he gives them out to all the players.  I'm not really getting my share of swag as the DM ;(