Legion of Gold Question...

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
SO, I just got this expansion and I have only flipped through it. Love the vocation feats, pretty awesome!

Anyway, I flipped through it like a 100 times and I could not find the stats for the badass on the cover. Who is riding the dog with the gas mask and energized hockey stick.

Is there stats? If so, where? If not, anyone homebrew it?
Any energy-related character (electrokinetic, naturally, but some others might qualify) riding a podog?
First I want to see stats for the awesome tentacles chick on the cover of the original game book. Laughing

What? Sometimes tentacles just work!
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
Hi guys, can someone tell me if legion of gold is out yet?

I ask because so far I have been able to order it on release day everytime. But right now the store i order it from still doesn't have it and the wizards site says it's supposed to be released on the 15th ?

So I'm confused... Has the expansion still not reached The Netherlands or is the release delayed?
Hi guys, can someone tell me if legion of gold is out yet?

I ask because so far I have been able to order it on release day everytime. But right now the store i order it from still doesn't have it and the wizards site says it's supposed to be released on the 15th ?

So I'm confused... Has the expansion still not reached The Netherlands or is the release delayed?

Legion of Gold is out now in the US for most hobby shops (I've seen it on shelves).  However, Amazon has a release date of March 1st. So I'm not sure if overseas shipments would see a similar delay. 

Hmm okay.. Maybe that's the same date then... Gues I'll wait that out and see.. I really want to have that expansion..
From what I've heard at my FLGS (in Utrecht, NL), the shipment containing Legion of Gold, the Deluxe DM screen, and the fortune cards is horribly cursed and has already been delayed like, 3 weeks.

Latest news is it should be out next wednesday.
They're releasing a deluxe DM screen for Gamma World Laughing
Anybody notice that the covers for the rulebook and LoG seem the other way around...

The rulebook cover has an Octopoid and the 3-eyed rat which is the symbol on the 10 new cards, both in LoG...

and the LoG cover has a Hawkoid fighting an Electrokinetic, which are both in the rulebook... with the exception of the Podog.

FiF has the Gallus gallus', which seems to fit...
Why did the hoop cross the road?
They're releasing a deluxe DM screen for Gamma World 

Is it online somewhere where we can see it?
They're releasing a deluxe DM screen for Gamma World Laughing

If this was in response to my post, I would hate to disappoint but I was simply referring to the other items in the same shipment as Legion of Gold - the D&D4 Deluxe DM Screen, and the D&D4 Shadows over Nentir Vale fortune cards. Curiously though, the Wrath of Ashardalon board game did arrive in time.
The GM screen that came out recently is part of the 4e Essentials Line.
Sorry DubmasterC my statement was in response to Biaxident's post.  I was merely hoping they would be releasing an official screen.  However the download charts that someone came up with on this site and a large piece of cardboard will be fine for me.

Sorry DubmasterC my statement was in response to Biaxident's post.  I was merely hoping they would be releasing an official screen.  However the download charts that someone came up with on this site and a large piece of cardboard will be fine for me.

Once again... bummer.
From what I've heard at my FLGS (in Utrecht, NL), the shipment containing Legion of Gold, the Deluxe DM screen, and the fortune cards is horribly cursed and has already been delayed like, 3 weeks.

Latest news is it should be out next wednesday.

Thanks! since I live in The Netherlands too (Rotterdam) Thats the shipment I'm wiating for too then :| Lets hope it comes soon!

Coreyhaim8mydog allready posted one thats pretty sweet, but Im still hoping for an official DM screen/mini-module... since theyve seemed to redo all the other 1st edition titles...

It seems the Legion of GOld shipment finally made it to Europe. I just placed my order at bol.com and it will arive within 5-7 days. Can't wait till I have the final book
First I want to see stats for the awesome tentacles chick on the cover of the original game book.

you could use octopoid from LoG combined with photonic or pyrokinetic.
First I want to see stats for the awesome tentacles chick on the cover of the original game book.

I told my wife of 10 years that if we had a world-shattering nuclear reality apocalypse, I'd want her to look that that, and that I wanted to be a monster truck that walked like a man. 

She didn't get the jokes.  
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT

I told my wife of 10 years that if we had a world-shattering nuclear reality apocalypse, I'd want her to look that that, and that I wanted to be a monster truck that walked like a man. 

She didn't get the jokes.  

You have a 10 year old wife?.... Tongue out
Wife of ten years = been married 10 years. 

Do I look like a member of Westboro Babptist Church to you?

Or, due to my calc exam today, my joke/sarcasm detectors are dead...  
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT

Winning!

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Wife of ten years = been married 10 years. 

Do I look like a member of Westboro Babptist Church to you?

Hehe yeah, sorry. I'll add a *joke* marker to it next time ;)

Don't take offense, it just looked funny. :D 
How does "wife of 10 years" equate to "10-year-old wife" in any form of proper English?

And glad you guys across the pond have gotten the expansion!
Yes we did, it took a while but its here

I really think I will be adding more vocations and feats in the future though. It would just calls for more. Maybe they can do it as a web enhancement/article or something. 
I say if the player can't find a vocation they love by level 4 you should make one for him, zany as you please. We've got enough examples and crunch to make whatever we need.
True, its pretty easy to build new ones
I will probably redo the woefully inadequate Spice Trader as "Regurgitator," as a special gift to one of my players.  I would say it's a long story, but he really just made a habit of licking up stuff and regurgitating it later.
are there rules for cars and stuff in it?

Mike
are there rules for cars and stuff in it?

Mike

The vehicle rules are free on the WotC website and you can download them here:

www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

There are however rules for mounts and mounted combat, which would fall under the perview of "and stuff"