Wizards' Interactive Character Sheet for Gamma World

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK one quick set of bug fixes.

- Shapeshifter now properly applies +2 bonus to reflex.
- Radioactive now properly applies +2 bonus to Fortitude.
- Wheeled now properly applies +2 bonus to reflex.
- Simian now properly applies +1 bonus to reflex.
- Prescient now properly applies +1 bonus to will.
- Cryokinetic and Ectoplasmic now have their proper data.
- Origin initiative bonuses should now be applying correctly.
- Giant now properly ignores speed penalty for heavy armor.
- Heavy 2 handed gun now has proper damage listed (2d10).

* Added the ability to select Engineered Human as either origin. However you may not select Engineered Human for both origins. This option is at the top of the list rather than alphabetically.

=M=

Thank you mark!  Three cheers!!! 
OK one quick set of bug fixes.

- Shapeshifter now properly applies +2 bonus to reflex.
- Radioactive now properly applies +2 bonus to Fortitude.
- Wheeled now properly applies +2 bonus to reflex.
- Simian now properly applies +1 bonus to reflex.
- Prescient now properly applies +1 bonus to will.
- Cryokinetic and Ectoplasmic now have their proper data.
- Origin initiative bonuses should now be applying correctly.
- Giant now properly ignores speed penalty for heavy armor.
- Heavy 2 handed gun now has proper damage listed (2d10).

* Added the ability to select Engineered Human as either origin. However you may not select Engineered Human for both origins. This option is at the top of the list rather than alphabetically.

=M=

Awesome!  Thank you! Laughing
Thanks very much for this awesome Christmas Present!!!!!!!! And thank you very, very, very much for making this character sheet iPad friendly!!!!!!!! It was so nice to be able to role up and print a new character right from the iPad!!! I was so disappointed when the new D&D character generator would not work on the iPad, this Gamma world version came as a pleasant surprise. Just needed a bow! You rock Mark!

My radioactive/felinoid is coming up with faulty bonuses to defenses. 

With an 18 Con and a 16 Dex, the Fort/Reflex at level 1 should be 17/16.  17 is 4 from Con + 1 from level + 2 from Radioactive.  16 is 3 from Dex + 1 from level + 2 from Felinoid.

Instead it is 16/16. Further, the bonuses don't match the calculations listed on the sheet.  Fortitude makes no reference to the radioactive bonus, and the Reflex makes reference to a +1 from Radioactive that does not seem to be factored in at all.

D&D & Boardgames If I have everything I need to run great games for many years without repeating stuff, why do I need to buy anything right now?

My radioactive/felinoid is coming up with faulty bonuses to defenses. 

With an 18 Con and a 16 Dex, the Fort/Reflex at level 1 should be 17/16.  17 is 4 from Con + 1 from level + 2 from Radioactive.  16 is 3 from Dex + 1 from level + 2 from Felinoid.

Instead it is 16/16. Further, the bonuses don't match the calculations listed on the sheet.  Fortitude makes no reference to the radioactive bonus, and the Reflex makes reference to a +1 from Radioactive that does not seem to be factored in at all.

Thanx I will look at that this evening =)

=M=
Wotc_Mark-  I just want to say thank you for coming by the Gamma World boards. I've made some complaints lately about the lack of official involvement in supporting Gamma World material, but it's clear that you are the exception to the rule. Thank you for the support you've given the GW community!
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
I'd like to echo the sentiments of the rest of the folk here Mark, thanks for showing such great support.  I'd also like to add a thanks to the GW community for being so welcoming to an official poster, maybe it will help encourage other official types to stop by and address fan concerns.
Indeed, thank you Mark for your work on the interactive sheet, and for your responses here. It's greatly appreciated.
Just an FYI. Additions to the character sheet for Legion of Gold support are in testing as are a few bug fixes. I don't yet have an eta on the update but I wanted to let everyone know its coming =)

=M=
Thank you!  Looking forward to it.  :D
Wow! Great!

Mark, will we be able to enter values for our non-origin assigned stats? I still would like to be able to roll (real) dice on that.
Wow! Great!

Mark, will we be able to enter values for our non-origin assigned stats? I still would like to be able to roll (real) dice on that.

Yes although it will limit you to 3-18. It will also let you set the skill that gets the random +4 bonus. A notification that a stat or skill has been modified will appear on the sheet to let you and yor DM know that a change has been made although what the change was is not tracked. The update will also include a few bug fixes, addition of the level 10 uber feature in a drop down, and new origins & vocations from legion of gold. I will post a nice bulleted list when the update is live. =)

Great news! Looking forward to it.
A notification that a stat or skill has been modified will appear on the sheet to let you and yor DM know that a change has been made although what the change was is not tracked.

Is it a Big Chicken?  Tell us it's a Big Chicken!

I am truly digging this.

I have my own Excel sheet that I built, but the auto-generator is perfect for a one-shot game or an ad hoc adventure opportunity.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Any chance we can save/upload characters to the sheet to modify them for when they level up and the like?
Yeah, that would be cool.
Many thanks, Mark 

Off Topic: Any plans on doing Mind's Eye Articles for 4e Psionnics????  Laughing
Off Topic: Any plans on doing Mind's Eye Articles for 4e Psionnics???? 

I do not have any plans to write any. I am not privy to what is coming for the site sorry. 

=M= 

OK Legion of Gold is now available in the character sheet.

Enjoy

=M=

======================================================

Bug Fixes
- fortitude bonus for radioactive origin now properly applied +2 to fortitude.
- added level 10 uber feature selector box.
- minor bugs in "other" gear have been squashed.

Legion of Gold Additions
- legion of gold toggle added to interface
- added origins from legion of gold
- added vocations from legion of gold.
- vocation feats that have passive changes to skills, HP and initiative properly modify them when selected.
- vocation feats that are conditional do not automatically change the form.

Changes/Additions
- simplified the set toggles by removing bullet points that detailed what was changed when the set was toggled. Cryptic Alliance box will be added to the sheet when you have Famine at far-go turned on. Vocations will be added to the sheet when Legion of Gold is turned on.
- ability scores can now be manually changed. They may not be set outside of the range rollable by 3d6 (3-18). You may not change the primary ability scores of your origins. A notification will appear on the sheet that you have manually entered your scores. Simply click the score on the sheet to get a drop down.
- the random skill bonus may now be selected rather than random. A notification will appear on the sheet that you haaltered your skill selectionur random skill. Click the skill name to switch the random value to that skill.
- "other" gear now selects from base set gear and junk chart regardless of which sets are selected. However famine at far-go will only be added to the list of available equipment if it is toggled "on".

Any chance we can save/upload characters to the sheet to modify them for when they level up and the like?

I have been working on adding save/load from a cookie as well as a way to share/bookmark characters via a url. I also have some ideas I want to implement to make the sheet usable from your laptop or mobile device durring play. You may see something added in the future however I do not have an estimate as to when.

=M=

Love the sheet! Thanks for providing it. A few suggestions/comments.

- It took me a while to figure out to enable background images so I could print the sheet in full glory. Since this is a primary function it was kind of discouraging. I wonder if others might have the same problem and turned away from the sheet because it wouldn't print for them. Can you add hint text somewhere to the sheet? It would help newbies like me a lot!

- I also would love a way to save the information. Cookies would be cool, but a save file would be preferable so I could transfer the characters to the computer I print from.

- I also would like to see the "other gear" block become editable. I can live without hand picking each item, but I would really like an editable text box. Being able to enter my own flavor text to describe my gear would be really good, espcially for gamma world.

Once again, thanks for all the work. Looking at the posts, you have been wonderfully responsive. But I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

One more thought. Any feedback on the copyright? I would love to be able to use these sheets in public play. For example a convention or at our local gaming store. It would seem counter-productive to restrict the sheets use from these events.
One more thought. Any feedback on the copyright? I would love to be able to use these sheets in public play. For example a convention or at our local gaming store. It would seem counter-productive to restrict the sheets use from these events.

I will ask the organized play folks =)

M
Great work, THANKS!
Great update, but noticed two things:

1) It's misspelled as "Leigon of Gold"

2) The toggle for Legion of Gold doesn't work properly -- I still get origins from Legion even with it turned off.

Update: A quick look at the drop-down indicates that the Legion of Gold origins were accidentally added to the previous sets, as well as being included in their own.
Quick bump, so my bug report isn't lost to the mists of time, forever.

EDIT: I know I should be patient, but the latter thing is a sheet-breaking bug and it's been nearly two weeks without so much as an acknowledgement that they know it exists. As it is, the sheet is effectively useless for anything but Legion of Gold, since it's impossible to roll up a character without including the Legion of Gold origins.
Sorry, Was busy getting married and honeymooning and I havn't checked the thread in a while. I will see what I can do about that legion of gold bug.

=M=
Congrats! 
Congratulations, and I apologize for my impatience.
Congratulations!
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Sorry, Was busy getting married and honeymooning...

Oh, THAT old excuse. Pfft. Some people will do anything to get out of work.

Kidding!

Congratulations, and I hope your honeymoon was somewhere really nice with hardly any mutants, monsters, or radioactive wastelands.
Legion of Gold should now be spelled correctly and the toggle for Legion of Gold should now properly toggle that set.

=)

=M=

Sorry to be late saying this, but you've been doing just awesome work for this little offshoot of the main product. It's highly appreciated.
Me personally, I think that "undercharges" are more fun.

And I'm not the only who agrees with that.

I'm a bit slow to respond on this but YES! Failing overcharge is often hilarious...Like the time one of the players in my campaign failed his and literally wiped out half the party ( something like 5d8 damage and they were onl;y 3rd level) luckily they were the only ones who hadn't had to roll new characters in this campaign yet.  But Everybody jokes about it now because we all know that if Veela can overcharge, Veela will try...and fail.
Sorry, Was busy getting married and honeymooning and I havn't checked the thread in a while. I will see what I can do about that legion of gold bug.

=M=

Mark,

Congratulations. and let me add one more voice to the many thanks for all the work you've put into this. It's a fun product and deserves a decent tool like this.

Sign In to post comments