Oraibi's Gamma World Content (Master Post)

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Master Post of Gamma World Articles
An index to the D&D Gamma World posts on Dazed (Save Ends). If you appreciate these free resources, why not add a little something to my tip jar?

Adventures

Campaigns

Character Sheets

Equipment

GM Advice

Monsters

Origins and Character Options

Miscellaneous

• Rules Index - current as of Famine in Far-Go Legion of Gold

• GM Screen - print on 11 x 17 cardstock and trim; fits in box when folded

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Will the Gamma World VL Lead please get this one stickied? Thank you!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Amazing stuff.  Thanks for sharing!
Totally agreement with Seeker, this needs to be stickyed and pronto.
Totally agreement with Seeker, this needs to be stickyed and pronto.

If not Ill just keep saying "nice job" everyday to keep it on top...
Why did the hoop cross the road?
 If you appreciate these free resources, why not add a little something to my tip jar?

Done!
If you appreciate these free resources, why not add a little something to my tip jar?

Done, and well-deserved.  Thanks for all your hard work!
I just updated the rules index to include Legion of Gold.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

The download link for Gamma Delve F1 points to delve A1.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

The download link for Gamma Delve F1 points to delve A1.

Thanks for the catch! It should be fixed now.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Now that's customer service!

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Nice Job!
Really nice job...
Really, really nice job...
Hop, hop, hop...
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
Hop, hop, hop...

Easters on its way... better watch out for the Easter Hoop... if you see small, round, colorful things in your yard... dont pick em up... might be a painted grenade.
Please sticky this.
Please sticky this.

I don't believe the admins neccesarily read the threads. It took me several tries contacting custserv to get the FAQ stickied.

fwiw: I did at least put a link to this thread in the FAQ (in a few places even... including right at the top), just in case your efforts with custserv don't eventually pay out.

Couldn't find the customer service email, went to the faq which told me that if I wanted to contact them I needed to click the email us tab, there was no email us tab, so I clicked ask a question and asked them for the email, and if this was indeed the spot to ask the question, went ahead and asked my question.

Yes I can be a bit wordy for no real reason at times.

Anyways this is the message I wanted to email them.

Don't know how often you all visit your boards, but one of you members, Oraibi, has created an amazing plethora of using fan material.  Some of us were wondering if her thread that was a master list of all the things she's come up with could be stickied.

Here is a link for the thread in question

While many of us appreciate what you have offered for Gamma World some of us wanted more, and Oraibi has been amazing at coming up with all sorts of add ons.  

Speaking for myself if I were in WOTC HR that would be a person I would look to as a future employer. Creativity and talent to spare.

BTW, just to confirm I am not Oraibi, my name on the boards is MiniatureGeek as well.

Sincerely, 

David

So here's hoping someone who can do something gets this email. 
Keep up the excellent work Oraibi.
Really, really, really nice job...
Wow, amazing! Looks like it could have come from WotC. I had a lot of fun playing this game and look forward to finishing our current campaign in the setting. I've wondered if it was worth owning my own box set but I made the decision to buy it and create my own content. I probably still will but I'm glad to see community support for this setting!

Thanks! Looking forward to using these resources!

Added a link to the death machine.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Awesome, do you think its even possible to beat?

Probably not, but you shouldn't underestimate players with a plan.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Probably not, but you shouldn't underestimate players with a plan.

Good point.
Brilliant!  If I run Gamma World soon, I will be using a lot of this material.  I downloaded the Animated and Ocular backgrounds to spring on my current judge...
I ran A1 of "Scales and Scalpels" with some brand new players (never played an RPG before) on Friday. We started at 10:30 p.m. By the end of character generation, my friend's wife was vocal about how bored she was.

I went with option A) for getting them into the university, the MK300 Robot attack. They actually tried to tackle it on their own, and I let them, although I went a lot easier on them than I could have. Within a few "plays" they figured out that it was futile.

The biggest challenge I had with running this campaign was trying to piece the different sections together. I on-the-fly added a piece of paper to the pocket of the researcher in the first encounter that they could barely translate to the main points (looking for technology, computers, etc.).

Overall, great use of the existing assets. My wife and my friend's wife felt under-powered so I'll be using the Weapons Shoppe pdf to design them some ranged/reach attacks based on their powers.

Addendum: Everone had a great time and we didn't stop until 2:00 a.m. I think I've decided that I prefer Gamma World over the Red Box for introducing players to 4th ed. and RPGs in general. 

Oraibi,

Any guidelines for scaling the Famine in Far-go encounters? I've got six players, and they tend to breeze through the standard encounters...

Thanks,
-Thvor 
The simple answer is add a standard creature of equal level of the players to the encounter. For other options, in the GW book should have a chapter/section on building encounters, and you can use that to modify the encounters in Far-Go.
Namaste:
I just wanted to say thank yuo.  I've been reading your stuff for a while, and just used your Vehicle house rules for comical and awesome effect this past week in my "Liches 'n B*tches" Gamma World game.  (It's sort of a dark send off of gangsta rap videos, with necromancy.)  Also love the energy weapon house rules.

Your stuff is awesome, and I'm planning to use a few more things as the game progresses.  I shall let you know how it goes.