Custom Origins Compilation

300 posts / 0 new
Last post
This was on the second page, and I'd really like to get some feedback, so my apologies all around, but...

Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
Is it just me or is the Serpentine origin missing from PDF 2?

It might be under a different name - I changed the name several times after initially writing it...

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Umm, wow. I cant believe nobody ever noticed that. Serpentine is indeed missing. There's 20 origins in the pdf, but one if Extraterrestrial, which was included as an optional variant. I guess when counting up to make sure I did them all, I didnt even notice, and nobody pointed it out :P Which is kinda amusing, because tony is still credited for it in the pdf.

Good thing someone pointed it out before i finished this next pdf. Ill add it next time i can work on this.

I really need a proofreader ;P

As a side note... I am very, very sick with flu this week, and have been mostly bedridden since sunday. It would be a huge help for me if someone could go through and copy/paste posts with the class-like origins and send it to me as a basic text file or something. Thatd save me some time, and all id need to do is the formatting.
For those with plenty of experience making these origins, have any of you figured out guidelines for what a standard level of power is for each ability level?
I'm working on about 9 new origins for my game, and I'm having trouble figuring out how far each Utility and Expert power should go. About what level powers do you think they would be equivalent to in D&D 4e?
I think the best I can do is reverse engineer the origins to figure out average damage or the spread of power between origins. 
I kinda do it by feel.  Gamma World isn't as balanced as 4e, it errs on the side of mayhem.  But you get a general idea of what's what by becoming familiar with the existing origins.

For at-wills, they should be noticeably better than D&D at-wills, for the most part.  In general, if they hit multiple targets and have fun riders, they do a d6.  If they put a rider on just one target, they do a d8, or weapon damage.  If they just hit hard, they do d10 to 2d8 damage.

Utilities... I guess about equivalent to a high Heroic utility in D&D?  Messing with the way cards or drawn, a teeny bit of healing, saves, and movement effects are all suitable things to do with a utility.

Expert powers should be comparable to D&D dailies, IMHO.  Two or three times the dice of a basic attack +2*level damage, for starters.  Miss or Effect lines aren't unreasonable.

The spread in power among existing origins is pretty broad.  There are origins with a not-too-special-seeming Novice Power, that's 1/encounter and others with crazy-powerful ones that are at will (even a minor action, in one case).  There's a lot of us who just push novice powers into some kind of more consistent 'box' - I generally go with all Novice Powers are at-will & standard actions. 

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Minor News update: Finally mostly over the flu, but sick enough to not have any responsibilities yet, so taking today to work on the compilation. The first 2 compilations have been gone over/typed up, Serpentine is added, and I'm now finally working on enitrely new stuff. I'll be doing that all today, and thanks to Tony sending me a text of his class-based origins, I'll have a leg up on those as well. So should make some major progress today. I'll keep people updated as I go along
Only a week later than promised, but here they are: SIX new origins, based on the classes available in the "low-tech" MMORPG, Kingdom of Loathing!

Thrust-Smack (At-Will, Standard) Melee weapon +1: Str + Level + [W] VS. AC =
[W] + Str + 2xLevel damage. If you are wielding a 2-handed melee weapon, deal
double damage.

Effin' nice.  Oh, KoL, how I loved you.  

Great Chandrak! :D 
Another minor update: finished up most of the origins that aren't in the class group today; We're apparently short a few from 20 since we never heard back on balance changes from the person who posted Displacer / Lepidoptoid / Etc - I've got 17 so far added in to the compilation (speak up if theres one ive missed (Not including the Kingdom of Loathing ones in the general group. As amusing as they are, they'll go in the 'extras' section since theyre a bit wacky).

1. Vampire - RPJesus
2. Chelonian - RPJesus
3. Koopa Troopa - Dudesock
4. Infected - Deadworld
5. Fey - Tony_Vargas
6. Invisible - ChaoticGood
7. Puppeteer - Chandrak
8. Tyrannosaur - Glimmthegnome
9. Rabbit - Oraibi
10, Solar - Sol_Lich
11. Ocular - Oraibi
12. Toxin - Sol_Lich
13. Brute - Foigofwar
14. Hemokinetic - Chandrak
15 Blue Mage - Chandrak
16 Tauric - Chandrak
17 Animated - Oraibe
Another minor update: finished up most of the origins that aren't in the class group today; We're apparently short a few from 20 since we never heard back on balance changes from the person who posted Displacer / Lepidoptoid / Etc - I've got 17 so far added in to the compilation (speak up if theres one ive missed

There's also the "Mathemagic" origin that I posted a couple of weeks ago (see page 24 of this thread, or go to http://thiel-a-vision.com/downloads/gw-origin-mathemagic.pdf).

Another minor update: finished up most of the origins that aren't in the class group today; We're apparently short a few from 20 since we never heard back on balance changes from the person who posted Displacer / Lepidoptoid / Etc - I've got 17 so far added in to the compilation (speak up if theres one ive missed (Not including the Kingdom of Loathing ones in the general group. As amusing as they are, they'll go in the 'extras' section since theyre a bit wacky).

Can't we edit those few ourselves if the outhor doesn't?
Did you get my Expert origin? (It's more in like with the "skilled" / "profession" origins, mind you.)

All of mine are here: boldpueblo.com/dazed/tag/origins/

I keep threatening a Muppet origin but I probably won't do that one after all.

I've got a couple I might pump out this weekend -- I'm basically going to do one last push on my Gamma World content and then step down from doing it. I've got a couple adventures I'm working on plus maybe those origins, plus a few more surprises then I'm out. (It'll still be on my site in perpetuity of course!)

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Shadoweaver

Shadoweaver 

You don't control light, exactly.  You don't control or generate darkness, exactly.  But the interplay of light and darkness - shadow - that's your plaything.   As long as you're not in total darkness or circumradiant light, the shadows are yours to command.

Appearance:   You may be fearsome or magnetic, depending on your personality.  You tend to favor dark clothes, and may be very dark (or pale) yourself.  Or maybe you just look that way as the shadows you love flock about you.

Mutant Type: CHA; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge. 
Shadowrap (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Stealth and Perception checks.  Unless you are in an area completely devoid of shadows, you have concealment at all times.
Shadoward (Level 1): Gain a +1 to AC, REF and WILL.  
Shadoweave (Level 1):  You can control the shape and movement of shadows within 5 squares of you.  It can be fun or kinda creepy, and is generally no more difficult than speaking (Free Action).  You can also, as a minor action, either eliminate concealment due to dim light or shadows in a square, or render a square completely dark by flooding it with shadows.  The effects last until the end of your next turn, though you can renew them on your turn if you wish.
Shadowrack Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you inflict 1d6 extra force & necrotic damage with that attack, and you gain total concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.

Shadoweapon (Shadoweaver Novice)
You strike at an opponent's shadow with the shadow cast by our own weapon. 
At-Will • Dark, Weapon
Standard Action                     Melee weapon
Target:  One creature.
Attack:  CHA + Acc + level vs REF
Hit:  1[W] + CHA + level.  

Shadowalk (Shadoweaver Utility)
You step into a shadow - and out of a different shadow.
Encounter • Dark
Move Action      Personal
Effect:   In combat, you can teleport your speed and, if the square you teleport to is dimly illuminated or grants concealment normally, you have total concealment, and can make a Stealth check to become Hidden as part of the move action.  If you are not in combat, you and any willing allies can travel 'through the shadows' up to 20 miles in a single minute.  At the end of the travel, you take 1 cold damage per mile traveled, are weakened for one round per mile traveled, and cannot Shadowalk again until you have taken an extended rest.  Any allies accompanying you take 5 more cold damage than you did, are weakened twice as long, and are also stunned (save ends) upon arrival.

Shadowrithe (Shadoweaver Expert)
You bring shadows to life in a vortex around you, directing them to attack your enemies and shield your friends.
Encounter • Dark, Necrotic, Force, Illusion
Standard Action             Close Burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Attack: CHA + your level vs. REF
Hit:  2d8 + CHA + 2*level force & necrotic damage and the target is restrained and all enemies have concealment from it (save ends both).
Effect:  You can slide any of your allies in the burst up to your CHA mod in squares, and you and each ally you slide gains temporary hps equal to your CHA mod + your level.

I've got a couple I might pump out this weekend -- I'm basically going to do one last push on my Gamma World content and then step down from doing it. I've got a couple adventures I'm working on plus maybe those origins, plus a few more surprises then I'm out. (It'll still be on my site in perpetuity of course!)

Sorry to hear that; the content you've put out so far has all been wonderful!

Oraibi, I would be very happy if Hasbro/WotC sold you the rights to Gamma World whole cloth.

Just sayin'.
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
Oraibi, I would be very happy if Hasbro/WotC sold you the rights to Gamma World whole cloth.

Just sayin'.

I'm unemployed and broke. I have no ability to be "sold" much of anything.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Help Wanted
3. Flavor Text - Could use someone who's feeling creative and wacky to go through the pdf and make flavor text suggestions: some authors have come up with thier own, but others have not, and a few origins have some flavor text but isnt complete. We dont have any sort of requirement for flavor, but hey, this is Gamma World. . . the sillier the flavor text, the better :P

OK, here goes:  PDF1:

Goatfolk:    No, you're not a devil or a satyr, you're just an antropomorphised mutated goat.  Sometimes, though, it's more fun to let others jump to conclusions.

Illusionist:   You channel dark energy into light and shadow to form quasi-real images.  OK, not as deadly as balls of fire and bolts of lightning, but useful if you're clever.

Squidling:   With the exception of some really kinky japanese chicks, the only people who like you, like you deep-fried.

PDF2:

Acidic (appears to have the flavor text of the amphibian):   You secrete acid.  If you are otherwise a vertebrate, it may be that mutation has everted portions of your digestive tract or evolved a novel defense adaptation.  Or, you could be a blob of protoplasm.

Hoofed:  You are a hexapoid quadropedal ungulate.  OK, you're a centaur. 
 - Trample:  You always have the right of way.
 - Gallop:  One advantage of the quadropedal gait is speed.
 - Back Kick:  Your enemies should think twice about flanking you.

Inspiring:
 - Warcry:  "Remember the Alamogordo!"

- Ride of the Valkyries:  Dum-da-da-dum-DUM Dum-da-da-DA-dum ...

Prehistoric:   Just because you're hunched and muscular and have a supra-orbital torus, that doesn't make you some kind of primitive unthinkingly violent brute.  No, it's the way that you casually bash people's skulls in that does that.
 - Club, Smash!  Making things you don't like go splat for 3 million years.
 - Thick Skull, Tiny Brain:  "Ha! You missed all my vital spots!"
 - Let There Be Fire!  When Og pushed his rival Korg into the fire, he realized he had invented something much more than just a way to cook mamoth.

PDF3:

Infected
 - Bloody Feast:  Your victim is paralyzed by the sheer horror of being eaten alive.
 - Fast Zombie:  Always first in line at the buffet.
 - Ivigorating Meal:  You partake of the strength of you enemy.

Invisible:
 - Unseen Hand:  Wasn't me.
 - Where'd You Go:  You can't hit what you can't see.
 - Disapearing Act:  Great at parties.

Tauric (BTW, how is this different from Hoofed?)
 - Kick:  Go ahead, say it: 'like a mule.'
 - Quick Dash:  One advantage of the quadropedal gait is speed.
 - Trample:  You always have the right of way.

I'm using Gamma World for a Superheroes game, and to round out the Origins and make it more 4-color I've added a few origins to my tables. This gives me three sets for 20 Origins. In addition to the ones below, I'm using Animated, Expert, Blue Mage, Illusionist; and adding them to the origins from Legion of Gold. I'm working on a Mutator origin as well, but still having trouble coming up with thematic abilities that aren't too similar to the Blue Mage.

Here's my new origins. Looking forward to constructive feedback.

Guardian

Guardian
Like the knight in shining armor of old, you stand between the darkness and the innocent. Whether the innocent be your fellow heroes, or the peasantry running for cover as you and your dastardly opponent demolish the city.

Appearance: An imposing figure, some Guardians exude an aura of quiet confidence, while others are loud mouthed braggarts. Either way, enemies trying to hurt their friends are in for a bad day.

Mutant Type: Strength; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Built like a Linebacker (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Athletics skill checks.
Don’t Count Him Out (level 1): You start with 2 extra hit points. At levels 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 you gain an additional 1 hit point.
Guardian Aura (Level 1): Enemies adjacent to the Guardian take a -2 to attacks that do not include the Guardian as a target.
Guardian Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional 1d10 damage, and the target is Immobilized until the start of your next turn.

Defender’s Strike                                           Guardian Novice
You’re in for a bad day, son.
At-Will • Bio, Physical
Opportunity Action     Melee 1
Target: One enemy adjacent to you that either shifts or makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
Effect: You make a melee basic attack against the triggering enemy. If the attack misses the enemy still takes damage equal to your Strength modifier.

Glowering Threat                                              Guardian Utility
If you want to hurt them, you’ll have to get through me first.
Encounter • Bio
Minor Action                   Close burst 2
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, each target takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls against any creature other than you.

Brazen Assault                                                   Guardian Expert
To protect your allies, you put yourself in danger, knowing you can rely on your own resilience to maneuver yourself for a better attack position.
Encounter • Bio
Standard Action      Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier + twice your level damage, and the target is pushed 2 squares.
Effect: You gain resist 5 to all damage, but grant combat advantage to all attacks. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or until you end it as a free action on your turn.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Mutant Type: Dexterity; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Chow-Yun Fat ain’t got Nothin’ on You (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Acrobatics skill checks.
Gun-Kata (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Reflex.
Spare Mag: When you use a gun more than once in an encounter you can roll twice to when you roll for remaining ammunition, and keep the better result.
Gunslinger Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional +1[W] damage, and you can shift a number of squares equal to your Dexterity Mod.

Two-Gun Woo                                                                                 Gunslinger Novice
“Give the guy a gun he’s Superman, give him two guns, he thinks he’s God!”

At-Will • Bio
Standard Action     Ranged Weapon
Prerequisite: You must be wielding a one-handed ranged weapon in each hand.
Attack: Roll two attacks, Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC
Hit (one attack): 1[W] + Dexterity modifier + your level damage.
Hit (two attacks): 2[W] + Dexterity modifier + your level damage. 
Effect: You can shift 2 squares before or after the attack, even if you are prone.

Covering Fire                                                Gunslinger Utility
Get down!
Encounter
Move Action                   Close Blast 5
Target: Each creature in blast.
Effect: Allies in burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex.
Overcharge: 10+ Make an attack against all enemies in burst. Dexterity + your level vs Reflex. Hit: Dexterity modifier damage.
9 or less: You grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Special: This power counts towards one use of ammunition.

One Eye Shut                                                                         Gunslinger Expert
Centering yourself, you know you’ll make this last shot count..
Encounter • Bio
Standard Action     Ranged weapon
Attack: Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. Reflex
Hit: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier + twice your level damage, and you grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

Healer
Healer

Mutant Type: Wisdom; Psi; +2 to Psi overcharge.
Psych Training (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Insight skill checks.
Never give up! (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Will.
Bedside Manner (Level 1): You may make a Science check to trigger a dying ally’s Second Wind as a minor action.
Healer Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional +1d10 damage, and an ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier + your level.

Hope Strikes Eternal                                      Healer Novice
A flash of bright light sprouts forth from your hands to envelope your allies, filling them with hope, and sears your enemies. 

At-Will • Psi
Standard Action     Close burst 5
Target: One enemy
 in burst.
Attack: Wisdom + your level vs. Will
Hit: 1d8+ Wisdom modifier + twice your level psychic damage.
Effect: One ally in burst gains your Wisdom modifier + your level temporary hit points.

Get up!                                                            Healer Utility
You’re too important to me to die!
Encounter • Psi
Minor Action                   Melee 1
Target: One adjacent ally.
Effect: The target regains the use of their Second Wind.

Surgical Accuracy                                            Healer Expert
With lightning quickness you strike at your foe’s vital areas.
Encounter • Psi
Standard Action     Ranged 5
Target: One enemy.
Attack: Wisdom + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 3d8 + Wisdom Modifier + twice your level, and the enemy is dazed, save ends.
Effect: Any bloodied ally adjacent to the enemy heals your Wisdom modifier + your level hit points. 

Martial Artist
Martial Artist

Mutant Type: Strength or Dexterity (choose one at character creation, this determines which ability you use for all Martial Artist powers); Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Way of the Shadows (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Acrobatics or Stealth skill checks (pick one).
Way of the Fist (Level 1): When you make an unarmed attack, increase the damage die by one step. Quick attack becomes 1d6, Powerful attack becomes 1d10.
Martial Artist Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional +1d10 damage, and you can use Shadow Strike as a free action. 

Shadow Strike                                                         Martial Artist Novice
Whaa-tah!
At-Will • Bio, Physical
Standard Action     Melee 1
Attack: Strength or Dexterity + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength or Dexterity + twice your level, and slide the target 1 square to another square adjacent to you, you also knock the target prone.

Tumble                                                            Martial Artist Utility
You dodge and tumble past your foes with such speed and precision that they are unable to react.
Encounter • Bio
Move Action                   Personal
Effect: You shift your speed.

Quivering Palm                                                Martial Artist Expert
Your vicious blow causes extreme agony to your foe.
Encounter • Bio, Physical
Attack: Strength or Dexterity + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 2d10 + Strength or Dexterity + twice your level damage, and an Ongoing 5 physical damage (save ends).
Miss: Half damage.

Mighty

Mighty
Your torso and arms ripple with mighty thews.
Mutant Type: Stength; Meta; +2 to all overcharges.
I don’t go to the gym, I’m just naturally this way. (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Athletics skill checks.
I’m Not With Them (Level 1): Gain a +1 bonus to AC.
Super Strength (Level 1): When determining how much weight you can lift, double your strength score.
Mighty Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional +1d10 damage, and pushes the target 3 squares.

Falcon … Punch!                                             Mighty Novice
Sometimes I feel like I live in a world of Cardboard.
At-Will • Meta, Physical
Attack: Strength + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 2d8 + Strength modifier + your level physical damage, and you push the target 3 squares. If the forced movement is stopped by blocking terrain they smash through until they have moved the full forced movement. For each square of blocking terrain they smash through they take your Strength modifier damage.

In a Single Bound                                    Mighty Utility
Faster than a speeding bullet!
Encounter • Meta
Free Action                   Personal
Effect: You make an Athletics check to jump with a +10 bonus. You are considered to have a running start and the distance you leap is not limited by your speed.

Astounding Throw                                     Mighty Expert
Captain Hammer threw a car at my head.
Encounter • Meta, Physcial
Standard Action     Area burst 1 within 10
Requirement: You lift a piece of terrain, such as a mailbox or car, and throw it at your foes.
Target: Every creature in burst
Attack: Strength + your level vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Strength modifer + twice your level damage.
Miss: Half damage.

Nigh-Invulnerable

Nigh-Invulnerable
Mutant Type: Constituition; Meta; +2 to all overcharges.
I like leaping between tall buildings: You gain a +4 bonus to Athletics skill checks.
Unstoppable (Level 1): At the beginning of your turn you can make a saving throw as a free action.
I Can Take It (Level 1): You start with 3 extra hit points. At levels 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 you gain an additional 2 hit points.
I’m Nigh-Invulnerable, that’s almost like Invulnerability (Level 1): You gain Resist 5 to all damage, except one type (your Kryptonite), pick one damage type (Acid, Electricity, Fire, Force, Laser, Poison, Psychic, Radiation, Sonic (Thunder)); you gain vulnerable 5 to that type, and whenever you take damage of that type you are weakened until the end of your next turn.
Nigh-Invulnerable Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and you knock the target prone and they are slowed until the end of their next turn.

SPOON!                                                                                 Nigh-Invulnerable Novice
You shout your battle cry and leap into the thick of battle. With the sound of your voice ringing through your enemies ears, nothing can stop you!
At-Will • Meta, Physical
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 1d8 + Constituition Modifier + your twice your level physical damage.
Effect: When you use this power you are immediately no longer slowed (allowing you to charge as the same action), and you cannot be slowed until the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use this power in place of a melee basic during a charge.

Man of Steel                                                             Nigh-Invulnerable Utility
You must have a Chest of Steel! An Upper Lip of Steel! An Inner Elbow of Steel! My God! A (Hey! Watch it!) of Steel!
Encounter • Meta
Immediate Reaction                  Personal
Trigger: You are damaged by an attack.
Effect: The triggering enemy becomes dazed by your resistance until the end of your next turn. You become Immobilized, and until the end of your next turn, you cannot take any actions, gain a +2 bonus to all defenses and all damage you take is halved.

Stand Aside!                                                              Nigh-Invulnerable Expert
Bouncing off your fist hurts!
Encounter • Dark
Attack: Constitution + your level vs. Fort
Hit: 3d10 + Constiution Modifier + twice your level physical damage.

Super-Sleuth

Super-Sleuth

Mutant Type: Intelligence; Psi; +2 to Psi overcharge.
Elementary my dear Watson (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to any Conspiracy skill checks. When rolling a monster knowledge skill check, you gain an additional bonus equal to half your Intelligence modifier.
I Never Give Up, That’s My Superpower (Level 1): +2 to Will defense.
Utility Belt (Level 1): Once per round you may draw an item or weapon as a free action.
Super-Sleuth Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an additional +1d10 damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

Exploit Weakness                                                 Super-Sleuth Novice
At-Will • Psi, Physical
Standard Action     Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: Intelligence + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence Modifier + your level physical damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

Adaptive Strategy                                                Super-Sleuth Utility
Something about the Supervillain’s movements strikes a chord; you know just how to fight it.
Encounter
Minor Action      Close burst 5
Target: One creature you can see in the burst
Effect: You make a monster knowledge check to determine the target’s resistances and vulnerabilities (Hard DC). If the check succeeds, you or one ally who can hear you gains a +4 power bonus to his or her next attack roll against the target before the end of your next turn.

I Always Have a Plan                                           Super-Sleuth Expert
Encounter • Psi
Standard Action     Melee or Ranged Weapon
Attack: Intelligence + your level + Weapon Accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Intelligence modifier + twice your level physical damage, and one ally you can see can make a basic attack against the target.

@ dodonna - I havent forgotten Mathemagician I'm just on the fence whether or not I should put it with regular origins, or the non-mutation origins. I'm open to persuasion one way or the other though!

@ jubjubird - Sure, I dont see why we can't do our own versions of the Displacer / Lepidoptoid origins, since the OP hasnt come back to post again. I'll give him credit still, of course. I'd really love to include the Lepidoptoid for sure, mostly because I love Toho Kaiju, and because there were some hilarious moth-people in a few shows I've liked over time.

@ Tony_Vargas - Haha nice. Thanks for the flavor texts. We've had way too many that have been blank. I particularly liked the squidling one ;P Oh, and nice work with Shadowweaver too - I think my only nitpick is that the novice could be a bit stronger. I realize its Weapon Acc vs NAD, which certainly makes it very accurate, but I think the damage could maybe use a slight boost if you don't want to add an effect to it. Or maybe add reach 1 or something to it since youre stabbing a guys shadow? I dunno. Something minor, anyway.

@Kelvor - I havent gotten to go over most of the non-mutation stuff in general, but I though some of yours seemed pretty funny. I'll be starting in on going over all those class origins shortly though, and will be taking some in-depth looks at em all.

Gamma World as a supers game is a whole'nuther thing.  Those origins are pretty cool, though, I especially like the Tick-inspired nigh-invulnerable.  ;)

Chandrak: Yeah, just because a lot of novice powers are over- or under-powered doesn't mean I don't still like the idea of mine being balanced.  Acc vs nACD is plenty, and it makes weapon attacks worthwhile for a WIS origin.  Maybe make it 'useable as a basic attack?'

Here's my take on Lepidoptoid. I took the Mothra-like route because I thought it was funny ;P

Lepidoptoid

You have antennae, possibly bristle-like hair or soft fur, and a huge pair of bright, multicolored butterfly wings. You know Mothra? Yeah, its like that.

Mutant Type: Charisma; Bio; +2 to bio overcharge.

Skill Bonus (Level 1): You gain a +4 to Interaction checks

Shifting Patterns (Level 1): You gain resist 10 to a type you specify at the start of each encounter.

Pollen Release (Level 1): When you become bloodied, all enemies in close burst 3 take ongoing poison damage equal to your level (save ends).

Flight: You have limited powers of flight. You gain a flight speed equal to your level, but you cannot make attacks while flying. If you are attacked while flying, you must make a saving throw or fall.

Lepidoptoid Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you push the target 3 squares and knock it prone.

Wing Pollen (Lepidoptoid Novice)
You flap your wings and release a spray of pollen.
At-Will • Bio, Poison
Standard Action Close blast 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier + your level poison damage, and the target is grants combat advantage (save ends).

Blinding Lights (Lepidoptoid Utility)

Bright multicolored lights flash from your wings, deflecting damage.
Encounter • Bio

Immediate Interrupt Personal

Trigger: You would take damage.

Effect: You gain resist 5 All until the start of your next turn.

Nuclear Pollen (Lepidoptoid Expert)

You begin to produce glowing, radioactive pollen that progressively weakens you opponents. It gets on your hands, your weapons, everything. . . all it needs is delivery.
Encounter • Bio, Poison

Minor Action Personal

Effect: The damage from your next attack becomes ongoing poison damage (save ends).

Ok, so its not finished yet - I'm still working on the Class Origins - but heres whats done so far, so people can stop PMing me asking when the next set of 20 is finally done ;P

As a note, I didnt include Mathemagic, I decided to put that in with class lists, though of course itll be in the full list and theres nothing stopping people from using class origins with the others

You can find the partially-done pdf with 3 sets of 20 HERE

Let me know if the link doesnt work for you.
@Chandrak

The link doesnt work for me. It says what I'm looking for doesnt exist. 
Ok try the following one - apparently for some reason googledocs doesnt like me using the defaut listed one on the pdf's page, i have to actually click the 'share' button. . . which does the same thing. Who knows.

tinyurl.com/4946nff
Hey, you added an extra 'w' to Shadoweaver.  That was part of the whole schtick with that origin...

Hey, you added an extra 'w' to Shadoweaver.  That was part of the whole schtick with that origin...

Really? I thought I got em all so there wasnt an extra. I noticed you left one out of every power name. I'll check and correct my text so when i release the full update, itll be correct.

Edit: Oh haha, yep, in the tables, I see it. Fixed on my text.
Thanks.    I don't know shadowhat made me think that shadowas a good idea, but I'm sticking shadowith it. 

Also, I updated my flavor text post, above.

That one works

Very nice work so far. I saw some flavor texts missing, but I take it you are aware of that.

I have an idea for another Origin. I think it doesnt exist yet, I'm not sure.

Mark of Death
Your time is up!
You mark a target who's time has come. (minusses on attack rolls and skill checks + damage?)

Ethereal flutter
How do you defeat something that is not there?
Basically a teleporting effect in which the Banshee fades out moves to another spot her speed and fades in.

Scream of the Banshee
For whom the bell toles.
The Banshee's scream effects everyone in a burst area damaging them and striking them with utter terror.

Something like that, what do you think? is there one like that allready?
Nice. Updated those too

Tauric did turn out pretty much the same as Hoofed. Initially, Hoofed just represented having hooves - not neccesarily being quadrupedal. So I made Tauric, which represent any kind of Quadrupedal creature + humanoid torso. There's quite a few in D&D, like the Dracotaur, or the Hobogoblin-Gryphon whos name I forget, for instance. But I can see how Hoofed could represent quadrupeds.

Edit: Cool, and no, nobody's done a Banshee one yet. Theres a Siren, but thats different.
Flavor text ought to be "Let our enemies despair, for the Banshee howls their doom!" from Dawn of War ;P (j/k)
Nice. Updated those too

Tauric did turn out pretty much the same as Hoofed. Initially, Hoofed just represented having hooves - not neccesarily being quadrupedal.

Really?  I was wondering that when I read 'Hoofed' to do flavor text, and the 'back kick' power really said 'quadruped' to me, because, y'know, bipeds don't have hind legs, exactly.  Of course, if Hoofed were bipdal, they'd be a lot like goatfolk. 

I guess the overlap is inevitable with multiple contributors.

Here's my take on Lepidoptoid. I took the Mothra-like route because I thought it was funny ;P

Lepidoptoid

You have antennae, possibly bristle-like hair or soft fur, and a huge pair of bright, multicolored butterfly wings. You know Mothra? Yeah, its like that.

www.neomonsterisland.com/daikaijuacadamy...

Edit: Cool, and no, nobody's done a Banshee one yet. Theres a Siren, but thats different.
Flavor text ought to be "Let our enemies despair, for the Banshee howls their doom!" from Dawn of War ;P (j/k)

I'll try and see how far i get in working the banshee as a good origin :D

And I will definitly use that flavor text! :D

www.neomonsterisland.com/daikaijuacadamy...

Hahaha, that comic is so wierd. I check it out occassionally, and some of the artwork pieces are pretty good. But yeah, that pic is about right Tongue out
That one works

Mark of Death
Your time is up!
You mark a target who's time has come. (minusses on attack rolls and skill checks + damage?)

Ethereal flutter
How do you defeat something that is not there?
Basically a teleporting effect in which the Banshee fades out moves to another spot her speed and fades in.

Scream of the Banshee
For whom the bell toles.
The Banshee's scream effects everyone in a burst area damaging them and striking them with utter terror.

Some good ideas here. Definitely like the sound of the novice power, and certainly makes sense to have the expert power as it is - though if you want to go with D&D type, its usually called "Wail of the Banshee" I think. Though Scream works too I would suggest something other than Ethereal Flutter for the At-Will, simply because the sort of battlefield movement utilities are getting really common. A fair number of the compilation origins have them, and some of the official ones too. You could do some sort of nasty debuff (with a nod to Warcraft 3 maybe), or maybe add some sort of attack/debuff effect to the Ethereal flutter to spice it up, like maybe a short teleport + burst effect.

This is what I have so far.

Banshee

Let our enemies despair, for the Banshee howls their doom!

You are an omen of death and a messenger from the other world. Maybe you are what's left of an ancient deity or immortal blood runs through your veins. You have trouble getting friends and people liking meeting you, something to do with the death omen maybe?

Appearance: Your appearance is both beautiful and unsettling. You complexion is pale and your eyes are reddish as if you've been crying.

Mutant type: Charisma; Psy; +2 to Psy overcharge.
Skill bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Stealth checks.
The end is neigh(Level 1): You can detect which enemies and allies are bloodied and which are near death. All you need is to be able to see them.
Hoover (Level 1):Not exactly flying but you can hover your speed over any surface (including water)
Not of this world(Level 1): Gain damage reduction 10 necrotic.
Banshee critical: When you score a critical hit the attack deals 1d10 extra damage and the target is weakened until then end  of your next turn.

Banshee's call (Banshee Novice)
"For whom the bell tolls"
You mark a target who's time has come. (minuses on attack rolls and skill checks + damage?)

Wraith of The Banshee (Banshee Utility)
"flavor text"
The Banshee becomes incorporeal and moves her speed then becomes corporeal again. Obstacles have no effect on this move as long as you don't end up inside one. Any creatures in the path of the movement are attacked by The Banshee as she moves through them. (Weakening them or stun?)

Wail of the Banshee (Banshee Expert)
"flavor text"

Banshee

Ok, so I was a tad off on the quote; played some DOW2 today, and its actually 'Let our enemies forgo all hope, for the Banshee howls thier doom'. So I had it almost correct.

Traits section looks perfect, good job there.

Banshee's Call could be interesting, if maybe you turned it into a nasty debuff with only like modifier + lvl damage or something, and gave it some hefty riders, like -2 to attack and defenses or something like that.

Wraith (is that supposed to be Wrath?) should be good, though I dont think it should be an automatic weaken or stun. Maybe have them make a save or be weakened for a turn.
Utilities can set up attacks, but they don't usually include attacks.

You might want to have 'Wraith' just give phasing & insubstantial (assuming they're even in Gamma World) for a turn.

Right I made The Banshee Origin the way I think works.

Here is a link to it: PDF 

Any comments to it are welcome.
I see there is no Ninja Origin yet... thats my next project. Laughing
I think it looks good now Immobilize is not a particularly strong condition, so the fact that the utility can inflict it is not so big of a deal. Doesn't seem too powerful to me. Overall, I think it'll work pretty well, beyond a few typos which don't really matter ;P