DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Second attack, rather. Either way, my point still stands
I will cross out the thief's paragon entries till he meets the reqs and recalculates
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
He could hold a Mage's Weapon Khopesh in his other hand.
I'm not really sure that works.

I built a monk in the old character builder and a thief in the new character builder since both are proficient in specific weapons, including daggers. I made both multiclass fighters and gave them +1 Mage's Weapon Khopeshes. In both the original character builder and the online builder, neither gave me the option to take Kulkor Battlearm Student until I gave the character a proficiency in Khopesh.
I'm not really sure that works.

I built a monk in the old character builder and a thief in the new character builder since both are proficient in specific weapons, including daggers. I made both multiclass fighters and gave them +1 Mage's Weapon Khopeshes. In both the original character builder and the online builder, neither gave me the option to take Kulkor Battlearm Student until I gave the character a proficiency in Khopesh.

KULKOR BATTLEARM STUDENT [LESSER STYLE] Prerequisite: Fighter, ranger, rogue, or warlord; proficiency with any axe, hammer, or mace that has the versatile property

Emphasis mine
I believe that a mage's kopesh works here.

DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

AT-WILL DPR:
Main Hand dpr 16.575 = (.85 x 17.5) + (.05 x 34)
Dual Weapon dpr 13.475 = .9((.8 x 15.5) + (.05 x 21.5))
At-Will DPR = 30.05

Bravo at will DPR: (+2 to hit and damage "prey" until end of next turn as a minor)
main hand DPR 19.35 = (.9 x 19.5) + (.05 x 36)
DWA DPR 16.07875 = .95((.9 x 17.5) + (.05 x 23.5))
AT-will Bravo DPR = 35.42875

Bravo Nova with Action point (can be followed with Bravo AT-will DPR next round if target is not dead):
At-will Bravo DPR + Bravo Main Hand DPR (AP) = 54.77875

nova candidate added without complaint due to the small number of candidates.
Your at-will candidate I feel needs more defense for why he can get Combat Advantage to count it as at-will.  I see an encounter power, which will last possibly 2 rounds(shift remains in darkness, move provokes MBA), and a daily power.  If Superior reflexes does anything please remind me, as I'm away from my books.  If you don't explain why you can get CA, then the (CA) marker on your DPR will remain to signify that you are assuming you'll work like a dog to get CA to achieve this accuracy.

Superior Reflexes is +2 Reflex defense and Combat advantage for the first turn. Requires Dex or Int 15.
Posting from phone so I cannot quote your post, Borg.

I know what the feat says. I read it three times, along with Mage Weapon. However, I tried two different tools - one we know to be very buggy and another that posters on this board seem to praise. Neither allowed access to the feat to the two classes that have proficiency in Daggers (monk mc with fighter in the old builder and thief in the new) but not Simple weapons until I gave the character proficiency with khopesh. This was true even with a Mage weapon Khopesh equipped.

I would suggest asking CS whether or not a Mage weapon khopesh qualifies for access to the feat assuming for thieves and mc monks.
MAge's weapon does not grant you a proficiency, it just alters the enchanted weapon to be useable with dagger proficiency. You are implying every character in the game qualifies for kulkor feats and pp, they do not.
I will cross out the thief's paragon entries till he meets the reqs and recalculates

He's been absent for quite a while, so i'll suggest an easy switch that doesn't change much of the numbers:

• loose Power Attack (-4 damage, +2 to hit), gain adept power: battle fury stance (+4 damage, -2 AC)

• loose nimble blade (-1 to to hit), gain rapier proficiency

total: +1 to hit, -2 AC  (and all prereqs met) -> DPR increases slightly (by 1.97) due to better to-hit on second attack

L16 Human Thief

24 Dex
-- Gritty Sergeant Background: kopesh prof, +1 init
-- Feats: Light Blade Expertise, Surprising Charge, Backstabber, Deft Blade, Silvery Glow, Cyclone Warrior, Kulkor Arms Student, Wintertouched, Lasting Frost, Rapier Proficiency, Adept Power: Battle Fury Stance
-- Paragon Path: Kulkor Arms Master
-- Items: +3 Frost Rapier, Horned Helmet (Paragon), Syberis Shard of Merciless Cold (Paragon), Gloves of Ice (Paragon), Bracers of Mighty Striking (Paragon)

-- CA from Frostcheese
-- Charge from Shift 2 with Unbalancing Trick
-- Prone from Unbalancing Trick

To-Hit: 8 lvl + 7 dex + 3 prof + 3 enh + 2 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge + 1 WT = +27 vs Ref 28 = 5% miss // 90% hit // 5% crit
Charge: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 2d8 rapier + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 2d6 HH + 4 item + 3d8 SA + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] = 66.5 normal // 99.5 crit
MBA: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 1d8 rapier + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 4 item + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] = 41.5 normal // 55.5 crit
=> 0.9 * 66.5 + 0.05 * 99.5 + 0.95 * (0.9 * 41.5 + 0.05 * 55.5) = 102.94 DPR
does downgrading to shortswords and something done with the newly opened feat do any better?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
does downgrading to shortswords and something done with the newly opened feat do any better?

Shortsword and Rapier Prof -> Power Atttack only leads to a 99.83 DPR, Net Loss.  
DPR King Candidates 3.0

He's been absent for quite a while, so i'll suggest an easy switch that doesn't change much of the numbers:

• loose Power Attack (-4 damage, +2 to hit), gain adept power: battle fury stance (+4 damage, -2 AC)

• loose nimble blade (-1 to to hit), gain rapier proficiency

total: +1 to hit, -2 AC  (and all prereqs met) -> DPR increases slightly (by 1.97) due to better to-hit on second attack

L16 Human Thief

24 Dex
-- Gritty Sergeant Background: kopesh prof, +1 init
-- Feats: Light Blade Expertise, Surprising Charge, Backstabber, Deft Blade, Silvery Glow, Cyclone Warrior, Kulkor Arms Student, Wintertouched, Lasting Frost, Rapier Proficiency, Adept Power: Battle Fury Stance
-- Paragon Path: Kulkor Arms Master
-- Items: +3 Frost Rapier, Horned Helmet (Paragon), Syberis Shard of Merciless Cold (Paragon), Gloves of Ice (Paragon), Bracers of Mighty Striking (Paragon)

-- CA from Frostcheese
-- Charge from Shift 2 with Unbalancing Trick
-- Prone from Unbalancing Trick

To-Hit: 8 lvl + 7 dex + 3 prof + 3 enh + 2 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge + 1 WT = +27 vs Ref 28 = 5% miss // 90% hit // 5% crit
Charge: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 2d8 rapier + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 2d6 HH + 4 item + 3d8 SA + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] = 66.5 normal // 99.5 crit
MBA: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 1d8 rapier + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 4 item + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] = 41.5 normal // 55.5 crit
=> 0.9 * 66.5 + 0.05 * 99.5 + 0.95 * (0.9 * 41.5 + 0.05 * 55.5) = 102.94 DPR

I think I got you beat here Song
Drop Rapier Prof for Mounted Combat and get a Blade Spider

To-Hit: 8 lvl + 7 dex + 3 prof + 3 enh + 2 exp + 2 CA + 1 charge + 1 WT = +27 vs Ref 28 = 5% miss // 90% hit // 5% critCharge:  7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 2d6 Shortsword + 5 vul + 3  Shard + 2 GoI + 2d6 HH + 4 item + 3d8 SA + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] = 64.5  normal // 95.5 critMBA: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat +  1d6 rapier + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 4 item + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] =  40.5 normal // 53.5 crit=> 0.9 * 64.5 + 0.05 * 95.5 + 0.95 * (0.9 * 40.5 + 0.05 * 53.5) = 99.99
Blade Spider
Hit
+13 vs 28 AC  // 70% miss, 25% chance hit, 5% chance crit
+15 vs 28 AC due to CA from prone// 60% miss, 35% chance hit, 5% crit
Damage
1d8 + 5 = 9.5 // 13

crit chance to do poison = 1 - miss both times
(1-.6*.7)*(5) = 2.9

.25*(1d8 + 5) + .05*(13)  +.95*(.35*(1d8 + 5) + .05*(13))  +(1-.6*.7)*(5) = 7.66 DPR

Total DPR
100 + 7.66 = 107.66 + 58% weakened

I tried a celestial charger, and while it looks cool, reduces attack time (simple +2d6 on charges instead of 2 separate low accuracy claw attacks) the climb speed and weakened won out, as well as the slightly higher DPR 106(charger) vs. 107.7(blade spider).  I'm sure that you'll be wanting to upgrade to a charger once the blade spider becomes too inaccurate.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

... lvl 16 Thief ...

Total DPR
100 + 7.66 = 107.66 + 58% weakened

I tried a celestial charger, and while it looks cool, reduces attack time (simple +2d6 on charges instead of 2 separate low accuracy claw attacks) the climb speed and weakened won out, as well as the slightly higher DPR 106(charger) vs. 107.7(blade spider).  I'm sure that you'll be wanting to upgrade to a charger once the blade spider becomes too inaccurate.

Nice addition ! The spider has the 1 free action attack/turn limit however, so he only gets an attack once:

.25*(1d8 + 5) + .05*(13) + .3*(5) = 4.525

so the total would be 104.525 + 30% weakened

Re Striking Blasters in the other thread:
It would be great if you impose a guideline for #targets in burst 3x3, 5x5 and 7x7 bursts. That way, we could look at actual numbers and builds. E.g. 3x3 = 2 targets, 5x5 = 3 targets, 7x7 = 4 targets...

@Song: Would monsters also be held to the 1 Immediate action / round limit also?

I'm putting this out there to my viewers:  
For AoE strikers does this work?
AoE DPR: 3x3 = 2 targets, 5x5 = 3 targets, 7x7 = 4 targets, +1 if AoE targets enemies only.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Kill Blade Spider if DM enforces 1 free action attack / round on mount
Get Celestial Charger(+2d6 on charges) for same price

Charge:  7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat + 2d6 Shortsword + 5 vul + 3  Shard + 2 GoI + 2d6 HH + 4 item + 3d8 SA + 4 BF +2d6 Charger [+ 3d6 crit] = 71.5  normal // 107.5 crit
MBA: 7 dex + 4 finesse + 2 exp + 3 enh + 3 feat +  1d6 shortsword + 5 vul + 3 Shard + 2 GoI + 4 item + 4 BF [+ 3d6 crit] =  40.5 normal // 53.5 crit
=>
0.9 * 71.5 + 0.05 * 107.5 + 0.95 * (0.9 * 40.5 + 0.05 * 53.5) = 106.9
DPR King Candidates 3.0
The blade spiders free attack is once per encounter now. 

Update (2/8/2010)
In the spider’s combined attack power, replace “at-will” with “encounter.” In addition, add the following line to the end of the power’s text. “If the claw attack hits, instead of its normal effect, the attack deals ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).” This change limits the power of this trait when used by player characters.

Daniel. 
The blade spiders free attack is once per encounter now. 

Update (2/8/2010)
In the spider’s combined attack power, replace “at-will” with “encounter.” In addition, add the following line to the end of the power’s text. “If the claw attack hits, instead of its normal effect, the attack deals ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).” This change limits the power of this trait when used by player characters.

Daniel. 

I feel sheepish.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
It was awesome once. Wink

Daniel.

@Song: Would monsters also be held to the 1 Immediate action / round limit also?

I'm putting this out there to my viewers:  
For AoE strikers does this work?
AoE DPR: 3x3 = 2 targets, 5x5 = 3 targets, 7x7 = 4 targets, +1 if AoE targets enemies only.

I think that works.  Also don't forget to include War Wizardry with that +1. 

I feel I need more input from thinkers.

There has been a proposal for a conversion table .
I'd like to get some thoughts on the incorporation of Sorcerous Flux, War Wizardry, and Friendly vs. Non-Friendly penalty. 
I just feel like I need some more discussion for me to feel comfortable instantiating a rule.
I propose that Sorcerous Flux is worth the same as Storm sorcerers being able to do donut attacks
DPR King Candidates 3.0

I'd like to get some thoughts on the incorporation of Sorcerous Flux, War Wizardry, and Friendly vs. Non-Friendly penalty. 
I just feel like I need some more discussion for me to feel comfortable instantiating a rule.
I propose that Sorcerous Flux is worth the same as Storm sorcerers being able to do donut attacks

The table sounds just about right IMO. However, I think war wizardry and sorcerous flux shouldn't really  modify the penalty, here is why:

Sorcerous Flux: DPR characters will be optimized to a good to hit ratio - i'd think about 90% to 95% chance to hit a NAD of 42. So if a PC is in the burst, he has a very good chance to get hit, no matter how you switch the rolls.

War Wizardry: -5 is nice, but it's still a 70% chance to hit. Half damage is also nice, but due to the hitpoint difference between PCs and Monsters this is still very problematic (even more so if the attack has additional effects attached of course).

Those points are more valid for heavily optimized characters. If your chance to hit is only 60% anyway, and your damage only 30, then sorcerous flux + war wizardy is probably a safe bet. However, if your chance to hit is 95% and you do 70+ damage on a hit, sorcerous flux + war wizardry are not enough.

The table sounds just about right IMO. However, I think war wizardry and sorcerous flux shouldn't really  modify the penalty, here is why:

Sorcerous Flux: DPR characters will be optimized to a good to hit ratio - i'd think about 90% to 95% chance to hit a NAD of 42. So if a PC is in the burst, he has a very good chance to get hit, no matter how you switch the rolls.

War Wizardry: -5 is nice, but it's still a 70% chance to hit. Half damage is also nice, but due to the hitpoint difference between PCs and Monsters this is still very problematic (even more so if the attack has additional effects attached of course).

Those points are more valid for heavily optimized characters. If your chance to hit is only 60% anyway, and your damage only 30, then sorcerous flux + war wizardy is probably a safe bet. However, if your chance to hit is 95% and you do 70+ damage on a hit, sorcerous flux + war wizardry are not enough.

Perhaps we could calculate what our AC and defenses should be, as well as our HP, and have the submitter calculate what percentage of their ally's HP each hit is doing, and use that percentage as a penalty to the Ratio multiplier.  For example if you did 10% of an average PC's HP in expected damage (calculating in average reflex) then you would take your ratio, let's say 1.45, and take a .1 penalty, so 1.35 would be your final reduction.  
A 3x3 has no allies in it
a 5x5 has 1 ally
a 7x7 has 2 allies in it, and so forth.

Thoughts? 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Shameful plug for an android DnD app I'm wanting to make.  If there are any android developers out there please contact me so we can put our brains together.  
If you think there are other features you'd like please tell me or post a comment on that thread. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Perhaps we could calculate what our AC and defenses should be, as well as our HP, and have the submitter calculate what percentage of their ally's HP each hit is doing, and use that percentage as a penalty to the Ratio multiplier.  For example if you did 10% of an average PC's HP in expected damage (calculating in average reflex) then you would take your ratio, let's say 1.45, and take a .1 penalty, so 1.35 would be your final reduction.  
A 3x3 has no allies in it
a 5x5 has 1 ally
a 7x7 has 2 allies in it, and so forth.

Thoughts? 

Well, for ease of comparion i'd avoid anything more complicated than looking up a modifier from a max 2 row table like the one linked in your previous post. Everything else is too specific: Many parties i played with are not OK with powers damaging allies, no matter how much damage. Some parties might optimize their NADs, others might be ok with only 36. You'd have to give special penalties for status effects, depending how problematic it is - which is again not a problem with an easy answer. Some PCs might have party members that put up an effort to evacuate the squares surrounding enemies before your turn, others might hate you screwing with their tactical options. Etc.

---

Thief of Thunder - keeps both focus damage (84 DPR prime target) and friendly burst 2 damage (62 DPR secondary targets) at the same time.

DPR burst 2, friendly, 5x5 *2.24) = 161
DPR burst 3, friendly, 7x7 *3.45) = 221

thief of thunder

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Thief
PP: Lyrandar Wind Rider

Stats:
str 13->15  (+2)
dex 14->16  (+3)
con 14-16->26   (+8)
wis 16-18->28   (+9)

Feats:
Adept Dilettante
Weapon Training (Wisdom)
Arcane Implement Proficiency (light blade)
Superior Implement Training (Resonating Dagger +4 dam/+1 slide) 
Arcane Admixture (Thunder)
Resounding Thunder
Enlarge Spell
Chainmail Proficiency
Backstabber
Dual Implement Spellcaster
Mark of Storm
Raging Storm (feat bonus to damage)
Focused Expertise
Destructive Wizardry
Lasting Frost
Versatile Master
Nimble Blade
Devastating Critical

Items:
Jagged Resonating Dagger+6
Magic Dagger+6
Resplendent Gloves (+5 untyped with will attacks)
executioners Bracers (+3d6 on crit)
agile chainmail+6
frozen whetstone
ring of giants

to hit
15(lvl)+9(cha)+6(enh)+3(exp)+3(CA)+1(WT)+1(PP)+1(ED)+1(item) = +40 vs Will 42

damage base
normal: 2d6+7(con)+6(enh)+3(feat)+6(DIS)+4(Resonating)+5(Finesse)+5(shard)+5(gloves)+4(destructive)+2(whetstone)+5(cold vuln) = 2d6+52 = 59
crit: ongoing 20 + 3d6 + 1d10 (dcrit) + 12 (ring giants) + 5 (maxed 2d6) = 37+16+59 = 112

0.85*(59)+0.1*(112) = 62

prime target = 2d6+5d8+52 (7+22.5+52) = 81.5
crit: ongoing 20 + 3d6 + 1d10 (ring) + 12 (ring giants) + 5 (maxed 2d6) + 17.5 = 70.5 + 81.5 = 152

0.85*(81.5)+0.1*(152) = 84

burst 2 (friendly), assuming 2.25 targets

1*(84) + 1.25*(62) = 161.5

burst 3 (friendly), assuming 3.45 targets
1*(80) + 2.45*(58) = 222.1

Genasi Blaster (normal Wizard|Swordmage build)

DPR burst 2 (friendly, 5x5 *2.25) = 164

DPR burst 3 (friendly, 7x7 *3.45) = 229

Genasi Blaster Wizard

Genasi, Wizard|Swordmage, Malec-Keth Janissary, Sage of Ages
Arcane Implement Mastery: Staff of Defense
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul
Janissary:  1d4 cold added to all attacks.

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 24, Con 12, Dex 15, Int 26, Wis 16, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 8.

FEATS
Hybrid Talent(Swordmage Warding)
Elemental Empowerment
Elemental Echo
Implement Expertise (Staff)
Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff)
Enlarge Spell
Resounding Thunder
Destructive Wizardry
Weapon Focus (staff)
Armor Proficiency (leather)
Arcane Admixture (cold, Winged Horde)
Hidden Sniper
Wintertouched
Improved Defenses
Epic Will
Quickened Spellcasting
Wizard Implement Expertise

ITEMS
Accurate Staff of Ruin +6, Rhythm Blade Dagger+6, Battle Harness Leather +6, Neck+6, Resplendent Gloves(epic), Ring of Giants, War Ring, Syberis Shard of the Mage(paragon tier), Executioner's Bracers,

AB: 15 +8(int) +2 (exp) +6(enh) +1(accurate) +2(ring) +2(CA) +2(ED) +1(echo) = +38 vs NAD [+39 with enc genasi power]

damage: +7(str) +6(enh) +6(item) +6(dis) +5(shard) +3(focus) +4(destructive) +3(echoThunder) +5(resplendent) +4(tempest whetstone) +5(cold) +1d4Janissary [+3d8Promise +6(echo)] = base(W+int) + 1d4 + 54 [+3d8+6]

Winged Horde: rounds 1+2  +39 vs Wil 42
normal: 2d6+1d4+3d8+60 (83)
critical: 12+4+24+60+12+3d6+7d10 (161)

Winged Horde:
normal: 2d6+1d4+60 (69.5)
critical: 12+4+24+60+12+3d6+7d10 (137)

The damage is kinda hard to calculate due to the extra roll from Sage of Ages. For simplicity, i'll assume first target gets roll twice, take better - but the extra roll can substitute any bad roll...

rounds 1+2 (onc. storm):
first target: 0.19*(161)+0.8*(83) = 97
sec targets: 0.1*(161)+0.8*(83) = 83

other rounds:
first target: 0.19*(137)+0.7875*(69.5) =  81
sec targets: 0.1*(137)+0.75*(69.5) = 66

non onc storm DPR:
DPR burst 2 (friendly, *2.25) = 164

DPR burst 3 (friendly, *3.45) = 229

Precise Genasi Blaster
DPR burst 2 (friendly, 5x5 *2.25) = 172

DPR burst 3 (friendly, 7x7 *3.45) = 247

Precise Genasi Blaster Wizard

Genasi, Wizard|Swordmage, Divine Oracle, Sage of Ages
Arcane Implement Mastery: Staff of Defense
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 24, Con 12, Dex 15, Int 26, Wis 16, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 8.

FEATS
Hybrid Talent(Swordmage Warding)
Elemental Empowerment
Elemental Echo
Implement Expertise (Staff)
Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff)
Enlarge Spell
Resounding Thunder
Destructive Wizardry
Weapon Focus (staff)
Armor Proficiency (leather)
Arcane Admixture (thunder, Winged Horde)
Hidden Sniper
Improved Defenses
MC Cleric
Epic Will
Quickened Spellcasting
Wizard Implement Expertise

ITEMS
Accurate Staff of Ruin +6, Rhythm Blade Dagger+6, Battle Harness Leather +6, Neck+6, Resplendent Gloves(epic), Ring of Giants, War Ring, Syberis Shard of the Mage(paragon tier), Executioner's Bracers

AB: 15 +8(int) +2 (exp) +6(enh) +1(accurate) +2(ring) +2(CA) +2(ED) +1(echo) = +38 vs NAD [+39 with enc genasi power]

damage: +7(str) +6(enh) +6(item) +6(dis) +5(shard) +3(focus) +4(destructive) +3(echoThunder) +5(resplendent) +4(tempest whetstone) [+3d8Promise +6(echo)] = base(W+int) + 54 [+3d8+6]

Winged Horde: rounds 1+2  +39 vs Wil 42
normal: 2d6+3d8+55 (75.5)
critical: 12+24+55+12+3d6+7d10 (152)

Winged Horde:
normal: 2d6+55 (62)
critical: 12+24+55+12+3d6+7d10 (128)

The damage is kinda hard to calculate due to the extra roll from Sage of Ages. For simplicity, i'll assume first target gets roll thrice, take better - but the extra roll can substitute any bad roll...

rounds 1+2 (onc. storm):
first target: 0.271*(152)+0.728*(75.5) = 96.156
sec targets: 0.19*(152)+0.8*(75.5) = 89.28

other rounds:
first target: 0.271*(128)+0.728*(62) =  79.824
sec targets: 0.19*(128)+0.8*(62) = 73.92

non onc storm DPR:
DPR burst 2 (friendly, *2.25) = 172

DPR burst 3 (friendly, *3.45) = 247
The only thing I feel about the AOE table is that friendly burst should be capped @ 5, and unfriendly @ say... 2.5-3

A burst 21 wouldn't really get 6 more enemies then a burst 20.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Here is a Con Based Infernal Hexblade charger I put together who is pulling some pretty hot At-Will DPR at level 16.
( I could use some help with the math but I clocked it at around 109 DPR with my poor math)

I just figured I'd apply the toys available to the regular Infernal Warlock and see what happened. I am assuming the character can charge each round with an at will teleport 3 as a move action and a Badge of the Berzerker. I am also assuming Combat Advantage with Permafrost built in. 

Simply Teleport out of Melee, Charge The target with Eldritch Strike and then when you hit slide it 2 squares knocking it prone adjacent to you and follow up with a second Eldritch Strike Thanks to the Level 16 PP feature.
On the enemy's turn they will be prone adjacent to you so they can stand taking their move action, then they can either try to move away provoking an OA or Face WLR and WLMR damage then being slid 2 squares away and possibly out of reach to complete the attack.

[sblock Mathy Stuffs]

Power: Eldritch Strike
Attack Bonus:
+8half level
+2expertise
+3enhancement
+6con
+2proficiency
+2 CA (granted by permafrost)
Total: +23 vs reflex (+24 on a charge)

Damage:
+6 Con mod
+3 Enhancement
+4 Bracers of Mighty Striking
+10 Infernal Pact Reward
+3 Syberis Shard of Cold
+5 Lasting Frost
+2 Spear Expertise (1st attack)
+2d6 Horned Helm (1st attack)
+2d6 Surprising Charge (1st attack) 

Charge Damage 6d6 +32
Smite The Fallen Attack 2d6 + 30
White Lotus Riposte +11
White lotus Master's Riposte Attack 2d6 + 30

[/sblock]

[sblock Level 16]
level 16Human,
Hexblade, Kulkor Arms Master
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Warlock Pact: Infernal Pact Hexblade
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power

FINAL ABILITY SCORESStr 14, Con 22, Dex 18, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORESStr 13, Con 16, Dex 15, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 28 Reflex: 25 Will: 24
HP: 109 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLSArcana +12, Thievery +17, Stealth +17, Insight +15, Intimidate +13, Athletics +17

UNTRAINED SKILLSAcrobatics +12, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +14, Heal +10, History +7, Nature +10, Perception +10, Religion +7, Streetwise +8

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Gouge)
Level 1: Spear Expertise
Level 2: White Lotus Riposte
Level 4: Battle Awareness
Level 6: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 8: Surprising Charge
Level 10: Wintertouched
Level 11: Impaling Spear
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Polearm Momentum
Level 16: Lasting Frost

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Eldritch Strike

ITEMSBlade of Annihilation, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier), Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Badge of the Berserker +2, Frost Gouge +3, Eladrin Finemail +2, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier)
[/sblock]

The main strength of the Hexblade is that it's Pact Reward applies to each attack so adding in a second and third triggered attack has a greater increase on DPR. This build is a bit of a glass cannon with lower defenses than I would normally play but several of the damage packages can be traded out for better defenses easy enough for actual play.

OK, I'm pretty much a newbie, but Hexblades use all Cha attacks, and don't have Eldritch Strike at all.  What am I missing?
OK, I'm pretty much a newbie, but Hexblades use all Cha attacks, and don't have Eldritch Strike at all.  What am I missing?

Human's get an extra at-will from the class.  Which is eldritch strike.

I doupt it was intentional, but that's how it is.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Human gives you a 3rd at-will from the base class, so they take Eldtritch Strike.
so to make the character slightly more than a 1 trick pony you get to choose some of your encounter and daily powers so I took all con based powers. For added fun, Armor of Agathys level 1 daily adds in nicely to proning your enemies adjacent to you as you get you con mod and the bonus con/striker effect for a nice auto damage boost. this is once per day so I did not factor it into my calculations.

Updated and a new table has been added.  If you disagree, good, we'll get  some discussion on it.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Updated and a new table has been added.  If you disagree, good, we'll get  some discussion on it.

WOO! My table's graduated .  I'm so proud of it !

guides
Power
my builds

WOO! My table's graduated .  I'm so proud!

DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'm surprised there's no Essentials builds here yet.

Lvl 1 Half-Orc Slayer
20 Dex

Beserker's Charge stance
Feat: Melee Training Dex
Weapon: Greatsword

Assuming you charge
[sblock Attack:12]
5 (Dex)
3 (Proficiency)
2 (Berserker's Charge)
1 (Weapon Talent)
1 (Charge)
[/sblock]

[sblock Damage 15.5]
5.5 = Greatsword
5 (dex)
5 (heroic slayer)
[/sblock]

DRP
15.5 * .8 = 12.4

The rogue could probably do better.

Not sure if this was made before the Melee training nerf but it is still listed so I feel the need to mention the damage math should be

5.5 Greatsword
2 (dex) [melee training halves the attribute bonus for damage]
5 (heroic slayer)

DPR (12.5 *..75) + (15 *.05) = 10.75

I'm surprised there's no Essentials builds here yet.

Lvl 1 Half-Orc Slayer
20 Dex

Beserker's Charge stance
Feat: Melee Training Dex
Weapon: Greatsword

Assuming you charge
[sblock Attack:12]
5 (Dex)
3 (Proficiency)
2 (Berserker's Charge)
1 (Weapon Talent)
1 (Charge)
[/sblock]

[sblock Damage 15.5]
5.5 = Greatsword
5 (dex)
5 (heroic slayer)
[/sblock]

DRP
15.5 * .8 = 12.4

The rogue could probably do better.

Not sure if this was made before the Melee training nerf but it is still listed so I feel the need to mention the damage math should be

5.5 Greatsword
2 (dex) [melee training halves the attribute bonus for damage]
5 (heroic slayer)

DPR (12.5 *..75) + (15 *.05) = 10.75

Yes, it was.  Now it's really a waste of a feat (lowering DPR at lvl 1).  It's also missing crit's.

guides
Power
my builds

Interesting tid-bit:  w/o Pelor's boon the DPR of the L16 version of Murderous Mind drops down to 108.72.  Below the thief.  Fascinating
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Please forgive the possibility that this is a novice's question...
It seems Murderous Mind's DPR benefits from both the Lightning and Radiant Keywords. Wouldn't it only have one or the other?

Edit to add: Sorry, the question is apparently only relevant to the Lvl 16 numbers.

On a completely unrelated topic, the numbers listed for Landsknecht73's Hellish Cheese are not accurate. Whether this was due to an expectation of errata or simply error or oversight, I don't know. Regardless, I have done the math to correct the numbers but I'm not sure how to proceed with them. What would you advise?
Please forgive the possibility that this is a novice's question...
It seems Murderous Mind's DPR benefits from both the Lightning and Radiant Keywords. Wouldn't it only have one or the other?

Edit to add: Sorry, the question is apparently only relevant to the Lvl 16 numbers.

On a completely unrelated topic, the numbers listed for Landsknecht73's Hellish Cheese are not accurate. Whether this was due to an expectation of errata or simply error or oversight, I don't know. Regardless, I have done the math to correct the numbers but I'm not sure how to proceed with them. What would you advise?

Good question on the lightning and radiant problem.

Crown of the Brilliant Sun says: When yo hit an enemy with a lightning power and deal damage to it, you can deal radiant damage instead
Burning Radiance (16th level): Whenever you hit with a power that has the radiant keyword, the target gains vulnerability 10 to radiant damage until the end of your next turn.   
The vulnerability isn't administered till after the first hit with a radiant power, and it doesn't gain the radiant power till after you deal damage, thus it's too late for Burning Radiance to come into effect.
Mark of Storm slides only on the hit.  

Other thoughts?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Aha! In the dedicated thread there is quite a debate that follows the build regarding exactly this topic. Apparently the initial attack never loses the lightning keyword, because the Brutal Barrage isn't dealing Lightning Damage. The key is found in the Tempest Whetstone wording

Tempest Whetstone:

Power (Consumable • Lightning): Minor Action. Touch this whetstone to a melee or ranged weapon you hold. Until the end of the encounter, any successful attack with the weapon deals an extra 2 lightning damage to each enemy within 2 squares of the target; the target of the attack does not take this damage.

The Whetstone bestows the Lightning Keyword without doing Lightning Damage to the primary target. The Crown does not specify that Lightning Damage is changed, only that the power has the Lightning Keyword. Thus the target is hit with an attack which has the lightning keyword (Mark of Storm justified), and the damage becomes Radiant (via the Crown) which justifies Burning Radiance.

In the aforementioned thread Melos also brings up the issue of timing, to which langeweille only responds with "that's simply not how it works." Not the best argument, but langeweille cites the Arcane Slasher build (which I'm not really familiar with, except as a basic concept) as a specific example among many from this forum. While I think there may be a valid issue with timing, my question was never one for a stand for or against the build, rather simply a request for clarification, so...

In the end, I'd be willing to allow it, I believe, in a game I were running, even if it is a little shady. There are issues with it's admission as DPR goes (namely the use of Power Points, which was brought up in the original thread, and the use of the Whetstone itself, which constitutes the use of a Daily item power unless that has been changed) however the numbers are reasonable figures for at least the first 3 encounters of the day at 16th.
Double post. There was a problem in another forum with the first post of a new page not showing up, but I had not seen evidence of the same error here until just now...