Origin Cards?

141 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anarchy: Great work!  Those cards will speed up the process so much when creating characters instead of passing around the singular book to have people write things down... plus they look amazing and are in a farmiliar format.

Battles: The link you posted has been down all day.  Donno if its a permanent thing with Mediafire, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanksto all the work that you guys have put in to make the game that much better for the rest of us!
These sheets are absolutely invaluable.  Thanks a lot Anarchy and Battles I get the same issue as PacificDnD, not able to download as of yet.

I finally got around to rolling character with the kids and my nephew.  We have a Android Pyrokinetic, Empath Felinoid and an Empath Seismic.  I ended up Hypercognitive Human.
My Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets are finished and can be downloaded via the following link:

www.mediafire.com/?79zm3f307mq1ljv

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Is this the extent of the fluff for each origin? I was looking to create handouts for players (assuming my playtest of this on Saturday goes well) to give my players that has all the fluff they need (I was considering using Anarchy's cards so repeating the novice, utility and expert info wouldn't be necessary. Although if that's all the fluff available on each origin I may just hand those out to my players and e-mail them Anarchy's awesome cards).

Ideally my players will spend $0 on Gamma World (I'll be running DM decks only as a house-rule. Given some of the players I'll be playing with, building their own deck would only cause them to spend a lot of time pouring over all the options and trying to build the optimal and perfect deck. From what I've seen that would defeat the whole purpose of Gamma World. Character creation should take 10-15 mins MAX and if people are spending hours trying to build perfect decks, then that's a lot longer then the 10-15 mins). So if I can get all the rules into the players hands easily then that will make me very happy. I've been going through the excerpts and previews to jot down as many of the rules as I can find. My "Player's Guide to Gamma World" is currently 5 pages long. 1 cover page, 2 pages for setting fluff (with one of those pages being a "Map of the Known World") and then 2 pages of mechanics I've discovered so far.
Is this the extent of the fluff for each origin?

No. Most origins also have an "Appearance" entry that gives some hints as to what your character would look like. In the end, I had to leave them off to save space.

Gamma World Origins Half-Sheets: Horizontal (FiFG) Vertical (GW) FiFG coming soon
Most origins also have an "Appearance" entry that gives some hints as to what your character would look like. In the end, I had to leave them off to save space.

Good call: In a system where a Seismic/Yeti could very well end up being declared as "Bobo the Dancing Bear" any sort of set appearance entry is really kind of silly.
... I played a Yeti / Gravity Controller named Bobo the Circus Bear. He juggled (ranged weapons), rolled around on a ball, wore a fez, and carried the door of his cage to hit people with.

He was an homage to Shelly Mazzanoble's Oso de la Fez.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Is this the extent of the fluff for each origin? I was looking to create handouts for players (assuming my playtest of this on Saturday goes well) to give my players that has all the fluff they need (I was considering using Anarchy's cards so repeating the novice, utility and expert info wouldn't be necessary. Although if that's all the fluff available on each origin I may just hand those out to my players and e-mail them Anarchy's awesome cards).

If what you are asking is information on what each origin is about, looks like, or functions, then the answer is more or less "Yes, that is all." There IS an appearance entry, but all that really is is a general suggestion on what you probably look like. Gamma World is extremely fluff-light, and actively encourages players to make up things in terms of how their characters look and function.

As an example, to paraphrase a number of sidebars, origins like Rat Swarm could be interpreted in the following ways:

1. A swarm of tiny humanoid mutated rats, each armed with thier own armor/weapons.
2. A writhing mass of rodents crammed into a humanoid shape.
3. As #1, but could be say, cats, or birds, or anything else related to your other origin.
4. As #2, but again related to your other origin.

Thus, an Android Rat Swarm could be:
1. A swarm of robotic rats armed with micro lasers.
2. A mass of robot rats that transform Voltron-style into a single humanoid.
3. Replicators from Stargate, or something similar as a nanite.
4. A single giant robot rat that can fragment into smaller pieces.

Really, theres no need to include fluff for your players - let them make it up!
If what you are asking is information on what each origin is about, looks like, or functions, then the answer is more or less "Yes, that is all." There IS an appearance entry, but all that really is is a general suggestion on what you probably look like. Gamma World is extremely fluff-light, and actively encourages players to make up things in terms of how their characters look and function.

As an example, to paraphrase a number of sidebars, origins like Rat Swarm could be interpreted in the following ways:

1. A swarm of tiny humanoid mutated rats, each armed with thier own armor/weapons.
2. A writhing mass of rodents crammed into a humanoid shape.
3. As #1, but could be say, cats, or birds, or anything else related to your other origin.
4. As #2, but again related to your other origin.

Thus, an Android Rat Swarm could be:
1. A swarm of robotic rats armed with micro lasers.
2. A mass of robot rats that transform Voltron-style into a single humanoid.
3. Replicators from Stargate, or something similar as a nanite.
4. A single giant robot rat that can fragment into smaller pieces.

Really, theres no need to include fluff for your players - let them make it up!

Thanks I've been talking to one of my players about the possibility of some Gamma World adventures (I want to play it myself first to see whether or not I like it, but based on what I've read I think its just the ticket for me). One of the things he mentioned was he didn't even know what some of the origins looked like. So I came looking for some more fluff for him, but I wanted to see if there was anything more then what the PDF had.

Thanks a lot to everyone for their hardwork here. Its certainly made my job easier ;)
Has anybody thought to do critical hit cards?

I think this is a good idea.  It would be great if someone made them.  I lack the skills or I'd do it myself.
Any chance of Famine in Far-go getting the B&W Origin Cards treatment?

Any chance of Famine in Far-go getting the B&W Origin Cards treatment?

Probably, but I haven't picked up Famine yet, and won't until after Christmas (and it might be a little longer than that, we sorta blew through our gaming budget a couple times over this month).
Anarchy, if I had the money and I knew where you lived, I'd buy the expansion for you. :D (Sadly, the first is more limiting than the second, broke right now.)

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Oraibi... ^_^ Happy Holidays!
Another set of power cards here:

www.myrpgame.com/2010/12/20/x-mas-comes-...

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Wow, Oraibi those are ludicrous.  Looks like something my brother would do. 
Yeah, those cards are pretty amazingly done...
Wow, Oraibi those are ludicrous.  Looks like something my brother would do. 

They're not mine of course, I am just linking to them now that I found them. :D

Caoimhe Ora Snow

AH_Anarchy said:
Any chance of Famine in Far-go
getting the B&W Origin Cards
treatment?

Probably, but I haven't picked up Famine yet, and won't until after Christmas (and it might be a little longer than that, we sorta blew through our gaming budget a couple times over this month).

Please tell me that you got Famine in Far-Go for Christmas. I just played with the new character origins on Wednesday night and Ryder my Wheeled Electrokinetic motorcycle centaur who seems to think he's in an action movie is the greatest character I have ever played.
I don't want to face the future in a world where your awesome character origin cards don't cover the new ones that come out. You know what you've done, don't you? You're created gamers dependent on your next creation.
PS:
PS: Is there any way to get links up on the Zero Radius Games page to your origin cards? I've only found them because of links someone has sent to me. Also, could you post the link to the back side of the cards?
You have done an awesome job.
Thank you.
PPS: Is there a way for you to make fillable cards as pdf's? I just ordered the Gamma World boxed set and Famine in Far-Go from Amazon (today was my final day to use my Amazon employee discount), so I'd be willing to type in the new powers in order to get them made...
Thanks for the kind comments. I traded for Famine in Far-Go and will be working on the new origin cards very soon.

The backs are here:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_pow...

This is a good thread with links to most everything:

rpggeek.com/thread/575196/power-cards

One link missing from that thread is a blank template file:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_bla...

In theory it's possible to release fillable cards, but I've never done it. 
Just create a PDF with form elements... though that would be limiting in text, you'd have your fillable cards...
Thanks for the kind comments. I traded for Famine in Far-Go and will be working on the new origin cards very soon.

That's fantastic.  Really, your cards are the best thing I've seen for Gamma World yet.  They are so incredibly helpful during the game.  I'm surprised WotC hasn't offered you a job yet.

- Rebis

AH_Anarchy, love your cards. Looking forward to the Famine ones. I printed out 2 sets and placed them in black card sleeves, then I hand out whatever cards go with each players origins.

They lay them out with their Alpha's (which I have in Green card sleeves). Omega Tech are in Purple sleeves.
AH Anarchy, I love your cards and would love to get a set of Famine in Fargo ones! Awesome.
I agree, Anarchy. I'm excited to see your FiFG origin cards. What a great help during a game.
Thanks for all the nice comments. Made my day! ^_^

Here are the Famine in Far-Go power cards:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_fam...

Thanks to ExcalibursZone and privateer4hire (BGG) for major help. Please let me know if you find any errors or typos. Once these pass muster, I'll do the B&W versions, but it's a pain to maintain multiple versions, so I don't want to make those until these are certified as good. Cheers!
And here are Origin trait cards for the base set:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_ori...

Working on the Famine trait cards, but they are not ready yet.
@AH_Anarchy

Is LoadStone Lure the magnetic novice power supposed to be a minor action?
@AH_Anarchy

According to the book it is a minor action.

@AH_Anarchy

Great work once again!
Thanks a ton, AH_Anarchy!
And here are Origin trait cards for the base set:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_ori...

Working on the Famine trait cards, but they are not ready yet.

You are a god at this!

Maybe WotC should sit up and take notice of the talent out here when it comes to producing material for games!

Either way, looking forward to seeing the Origin Cards for Famine when completed.

I know you've heard it before ... but ... thx!
GMT +10 (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ....)
Thanks!

Here's the trait cards for the origins in Famine in Far-Go:

www.zeroradiusgames.com/BGG_files/gw_fam...
Thanks, Anarchy! You're my hero.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

First of thanks, second, the famine far go ones, they have the same description text for the gelatinous thing in the simian
First of thanks, second, the famine far go ones, they have the same description text for the gelatinous thing in the simian

I think all Gamma World characters should be told, at some point in their lives, something that starts with "You might be an unsightly gooey lump..."

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Ha! Good catch. I'll fix that tonight.

I think all Gamma World characters should be told, at some point in their lives, something that starts with "You might be an unsightly gooey lump..."

I agree though insulting the simian will not do wonders, unless you rolled a simian and a gelatinous in which case that would be correct
@AH_Anarchy

According to the book it is a minor action.

There has been no eratta for GW, as yet.  I can only assume that it's a mistake, though, otherwise it's absurd, there's just not reason for it (the Yeti's, at least, being encounter, as well as minor, made a little sense).  

I have decided to rule that all Novice powers are standard-action, at-wills, period.  Just think it works better that way.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Sign In to post comments