Custom Origins Compilation

300 posts / 0 new
Last post

Update: Main Post updated with list of all origins up to here.

Thanks for the reply! I had this idea that the Savage expert power wasn't good enough. I thought about increasing the damage before, but it would look to simple, so the idea of knocking people prone seemed pretty good.
I'm finishing other classes, gonna post them here when I'm done. Sorry about the giant posts, btw, I don't really know how to work my way around on forums.

< Nerd >
Yeah, that's exactly what you are. What? You're playing a roleplaying game in a friday night with your friends instead of meeting chicks, getting wasted and puking all over youself... You know what? Good for us. Anyway, you're not some skinny (or fat) freak addicted to comics, games and computers. Well, maybe you are, but in this God-forsaken future you also enjoy the presence of every freaking kind of knowledge the wastelands can offer. Did I mention you understand it? In case not, there you go.

Mutant Type: Intelligence
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Science checks.
Mr. Widescreen (Level 1): You can take passive Science checks to repair objects at any time.
MP 3000 (Level 1): You have access to an animal-like robot, wich you can use to fight side-by-side.
Nerd Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, all your allies in a Close Burst 5 gains
one of the two following benefits (chosen by you): +2 bonus to AC or +2 bonus to attack rolls until the start of your next turn.

Tag Time (Nerd Novice)
You might wanna hit the Nerd right in the face, but you should be careful for who's behind him.
At-Will Physical, Companion
Standard Action
Melee 1 Companion
Target:
One creature
Attack: Companion attack bonus + Level vs. AC
Hit: 1[C] + STR or DEX + twice the companion's Level

Tech-Assist (Nerd Utility)
Equiping your Pet-Boy with a "Quick-Fix Device" must have been expensive, but you realize it was worth the price. And the pain going away.
Encounter
Minor Action
Melee 1 Companion
Target:
You or an ally adjacent to the companion
Effect: The target recovers his Bloodied value in Hit Points.

Power Tackle (Nerd Expert)
Some could call it a feral rage, others would point as a serious adrenaline rush, but you're the only one that actually knows this is just a simple, although devastating, overcharge of the Pet's capacity.
Encounter Physical, Companion
Standard Action Melee Companion
Target: One creature
Attack: Companion attack bonus + companion's Level vs. AC
Special: Your companion moves it's speed before the attack. The movement ends when the attack hits or misses.
Hit: 3[C] + companion's Level
Effect: The target is pushed a number of squares equal to 1 + your companions Strength modifier and knocked prone.

- Metal-Pet 3000 -
Long time ago, in the old world, a company initiaded a project of to build mechanical animals. Why? It seemed to be a good way of making money. If you think about it, having a Tiger as a domestical (heavily trained) pet is something everybody gave at least a thought about, but the resources for that were just to much of a headache, but what if suddendly, with an affordable price in the technological market, you could buy, program and have in your house a totally functional, harmless and usefull robot with the appearence of a Tiger? People buy what TV tell's them to buy and that's what happened. All over the world people started buying those really incredible pets, showing to their neighbors and friends and family and... the world came to an end, or a transaction of Era. Files, documents and other stuff were lost, people who survived were more concerned with their survival than toying around with a big robotic bear or something else. Until someone reactivated then, reprogrammed and turned the remainings into really useful war-machines when used by the right brains. At the beginning, finding one of those was a hard and expensive kind of trade, but nowadays, everyone with a brain to understand the mechanics and programming of such a tool can find a really good use for it, especially keeping their owners alive.

The Metal-Pet 3000 comes in a variety of types of animals, being those: Bear, Boar, Lizard, Wolf (based in Strength), Cat, Raptor, Serpent and Spider (based in Dexterity).

=============

My first concern is about the powers, not sure if they're ok.

Made a huge change on this pet thing. Giving another "fully functional" humanoid to a player seemed to be a little bit overpowered, so I changed it to "mechanical animals", so they function exactly like the Rangers beast companion found in "Martial Power I". My concern now is if I should leave the stats exactly as they are shown in the book or make any changes, some increasing on the stats, considering that Gamma World is way more dangerous than the "classic" D&D.

Changed the expert power into a more suitable flavor and etc. based on the new pets.

Added a little flavor to the Pets, just for RPing.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/9.jpg)

Regarding Oraibi's ideas:

Unseen Hand has been corrected. Thank you!

I'm going to rewrite the critical thusly: "When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 damage and you become invisible to the target until the beginning of your next turn."

I didn't have my rulebook out in front of me when I was writing Invisible, and for some reason I was under the impression that actually being invisible was not a "thing" in Gamma World. Having just read over the rules for the Cloud Blight, I now know this to be untrue.

Regarding Disappearing Act:

This is astoundingly powerful.

That's because I originally wrote it as a Daily power, then realized that Gamma World doesn't really have Daily powers. At that point, it was approximately one in the morning and I was lazy, so I just changed one word rather than think about how poor that solution was. Definitely my bad.

I'd suggest two changes: 1st, that you make it immobilized ...

Immobilized doesn't really fit what I was going for ... and now that I look at it again, neither does stunned. The idea is that the enemies are confused and distracted by the sudden lack of an opponent. For my purposes, I think dazed is the right call on this one. On the other hand, I think I have a better idea.... please see the rewrite, below.

On the technical side, The real issue is that essentially anything you let this power tack onto Unseen Hand is a part of the Unseen Hand Power at all times. There is no real reason NOT to open with this power if you can hit at least 2 enemies with it at the start of combat as it stands ...

That is definitely the main problem with the original version. Unfortunately this didn't occur to me until I was on my way to work this morning (bleh). As a Daily power, it made a lot more sense.

Regarding Photon Manipulation:

Photon Manipulation (Level 1): You are considered 2 levels higher for the purpose of salvaging Ishtar Omega tech.

I was thinking of replacing Photon Manipulation with this:

Like You're Not Even There (Level 1): If you are not surprised at the beginning of an encounter, enemies can not include you as the target of any attack or power until the beginning of your first turn.

Would this replacement ability be too powerful?

Invisible Origin

Note: Not the current version!

Invisible
People tend to look right through you.

Appearance: Huh? What? Who said that?
Mutant Type: Dexterity; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge
Sneaky (Level 1): You get a +4 bonus to Stealth checks.
Shimmer (Level 1): You gain +2 to AC and Reflex against melee and ranged attacks.
Photon Manipulation (Level 1): You are considered 2 levels higher for the purpose of salvaging Ishtar Omega tech.
I
nvisible Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you deal an extra 1d10 damage and you become invisible to the target until the beginning of your next turn. While you are invisible to an enemy, the enemy can not target you as part of any attack or power. If you attack an enemy to whom you are invisible, the enemy grants you combat advantage, but the invisible effect ends.

Unseen Hand - Invisible Novice
At-Will * Dark, Weapon
Standard Action    Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: DEX + your level + weapon accuracy vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + your level physical damage and the target grants combat advantage to you and your allies
until the end of your next turn.

Where'd You Go? - Invisible Utility
Encounter * Dark
Immediate Interrupt
Trigger:
 You are hit by an attack.
Effect:
The attack misses you. You may teleport up to 1 + Dex squares.

Disappearing Act - Invisible Expert
Encounter * Dark
Standard Action    Close Burst 3
Effect:  You may immediately use Unseen Hand against each enemy in the burst. You become invisible to each enemy that you hit with this attack (save ends). While you are invisible to an enemy, the enemy can not target you as part of any attack or power. If you attack an enemy to whom you are invisible, the enemy grants you combat advantage, but the invisible effect ends.

Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
< Scout >
You roam the wastelands in search of anything that anyone drops a bounty upon, even though some targets are better to be left alone for God-knows-why bunch of reasons. The point is: they leave tracks, you can track those anywhere, anytime. Finding objects and people around the desert might seen kind of an easy task, until those unprepared folks meet a couple of Yexil and do not remember to take some extra clothing to trade with. You would know that.

Mutant Type: Wisdom
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Nature checks.
Keen Senses (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Reflex.
Helluva Tracker (Level 1): Make a Nature check to track someone or something even in difficult climate and/or terrain situations. DC is based on the situation and determined by the DM. You always know wich way is North.
Born to be Wild (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Perception and Athletics checks related to the wilderness.
Scout Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage and you gain combat advantage against the target until the end of your next turn.

Straight Shot/Throw (Scout Novice)
Sometimes you can't aim. Just point and shoot. Point and shoot.
At-Will Weapon
Standard Action
Ranged weapon
Target:
One creature
Attack: WIS + Level + Weapon accuracy + 2 vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + WIS + twice your Level

Wasteland Rush (Scout Utility)
Sometimes the best way to win a battle is to run away. You see no logic? Try to kill that Eradicator in close combat, then!
Encounter
Minor Action
Target:
Personal
Effect: You move your speed. You may pass through enemy squares during this move. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Shot to the Heart (Scout Expert)
Who said there's no time to aim? Take a deep breath, relax and send that bastard down to Hell!
Encounter Weapon
Standard Action
Ranged weapon
Target:
One creautre
Attack: WIS + Level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + WIS + 2x Level.
Miss: Half damage.

- Fixed -
Added attack bonus to the novice power.
Changed the effect description of the utility power. 

< Raider >
Ain't that a bitch? People are trying to survive at any cost. Why do you point your stinky finger at me when I try to survive? That senhor was clearly with more cash in his pocket than he was going to expend. Why, and I want you to give me at least five damn good reasons, I couldn't take some of all that cash? C'mon, man! I'll give you half profit the next pocket you allow me to pick.

Mutant Type: Dexterity
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Stealth checks.
Avoid Eye Contact (Level 1): Gain a +2 bonus to Reflex.
Underhand Strike (Level 1): If you miss all targets on your turn, you may choose an adjacent enemy as a free action. The enemy takes damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
Raider Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage and the target takes a -2 to penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Slice n' Dice (Raider Novice)
You hit once so they realize you're not joking. You hit twice because you really like to see them bleed out.
At-Will Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding at least two light weapons.
Target: One or two creatures
Attack: DEX + Level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1[W] + Level
Effect: If you hit at least one target, choose one of the targets. That  target takes additional damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Smoke Bomb (Raider Utility)
Don't let them get to close. If they do, blow pepper right into their eyes!
Encounter
Minor Action
Close Burst 3
Target:
Each creature in burst
Effect: All the targets are blinded until the end of your next turn, except you.

Hidden Strike (Raider Expert)
Fast striking is something you can do kinda good. Nobody knows where the third blow came from.
Encounter Weapon
Requirements: You must be wielding at least two light weapons.
Target: One, two or three creatures.
Attack: DEX + Level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC, three attacks.
Miss: The target takes damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
Effect: If you hit at least one target, choose one of the targets. That target takes additional damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
Effect: If you attacked a single target more than once, that target is dazed until the start of your next turn.

- Fixed -
Made some changes here with Chandrak's comments, pretty better than mine, lol.
I left the requirement for Light weapon, just kinda wanting the raider to look a little like the classic rogue, using only small razors and some other simple weapons.

< Strategist >
Some people would like better to throw themselves into battle and hack-n'-slash their way yo victory. Sometimes that's just not the good way to battle, that's why you plan first before throwing punches or swing cleavers all around. Maybe in your life you have being playing to much chess or listening to histories about great wars that took place all over the world and now that there's just not enough people, you bring your knowledge and skills of leadership into every brawl that come's around.

Mutant Type: Charisma
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 bonus to Interaction checks.
Placing the Pieces (Level 1): As a minor action, you can command an ally once per round. This ally can shift a number of squares equal to your Intelligence modifier as a free action.
Put Him Down! (Level 1): As a standard action, you can command an ally once per round. This ally can make a basic attack against one creature as a free action.
Strategist Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage and you or one of your allies gains a +2 bonus to attack roll for the next attack or shift half the Speed (rounded down).

Focused Strike (Strategist Novice)
You're not a great killer as you are a strategist. You don't hit hard, but you hit more often.
At-Will Physical, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged Weapon/Gun
Target:
One creature
Attack: Level + 2 + Weapon accuracy vs. AC

Kill Command (Strategist Utility)
With a brave cry, you command one of your allies to finish your enemies.
Encounter
Minor Action
Target:
One ally
Effect: The chosen ally can make an attack as a free action. He/She receives a damage bonus equal to your Charisma modifier.

Master Combo (Strategist Expert)
There are times that no allies are nearby to fight at your side. You gotta take the enemy down on your own.
Encounter Physical, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged Weapon/Gun
Target:
One creautre
Attack: Level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + 2x Level.
Effect: You knock the target prone.

- Fixed -
Removed the +4 attack bonus from the Master Combo. I realized it was already hitting pretty hard, plus the effect.
Changed the +4 attack bonus from Focused Strike to +2. I wasn't counting the Ability bonus for those ones, totally forgot. A good Str/Con or Dex/Int would make this attack hit a lot and hurt quite more than enough.

Invisible

Much better on the power balance, I like the new Disappearing Act, and I think the alternate suggestion for the passive ability is a good one as well - we already have something like that for Squamous.

A few technical (I think) notes, basically about how WotC usually words things (which I strive for when I make the compilations):

1. No need to repeat the rules that already exist for invisible. (I think theyre already defined in GW). Part of your text is redundant, and part of it is an exception to the rules for invisibility - In 4E, you can TRY to hit an invisible creature, if you know where it is, but it has total concealment against you. Also, area of effect spells should be able to catch an invisible creature, assuming its standing in the area. Also, stating that an invisible creature gains Combat Advantage is redundant, because the rules for invisible already state that.

So, that being said, all you would need to say is 'and you are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn. If you attack the target before the start of your next turn, the effect ends.' - that's wording taken directly from 4E powers. Disappearing Act would be something similar, like 'if you attack a creature you are invisible, you become visible to that target' or something.

2. The effect line of Where'd You Go should read 'The triggering attack misses you, and you teleport a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier +1' -- does the same thing, just how the folks at wotc like to word powers like that.

3. Dissapearing Act's save should be (save ends each) - to clarify that each creature saves individually, instead of you saving once for all enemies on your own turn.

4. Haha. . . I almost suggested that you make your suggested passive read 'Cannot be the target of spells or abilities' . . . and then realized that was Magic The Gathering's rules wording, not 4E >.>

5. Dont list Unseen Hand's damage as physical damage if you are using a weapon with it. Not all weapons use physical damage . . . for instance, a laser sword used with Unseen Hand would still deal laser (fire) damage. The way you wrote it, it wouldnt.
*Bolded for emphasis, so other people will notice it. I corrected a large number of this mistake in the last compilation, and some people may not have seen the post about it at this point, as it was over a month ago.
*TL/DR: Dont label weapon powers as dealing physical damage if the damage comes from the weapon itself.

As a side note. . . we've started using enough terms that arent in GW's rules, plus the ones that arent in Famine / GW itself, that I might just ask people to look through the compilation and find terms we've used that arent defined, and make a pdf of term definitions (like an expanded conditions / actions table). I'm sure WotC won't object to that, as long as I'm brief.
@ Bolare - I'm intruiged by the idea of trying to port over the Beastmaster Ranger into Gamma World, though I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to delve more deeply into the mechnicas to see how it holds up to other origins. My gut instinct tells me though that it should be passable, as really what the Ranger gets is a sort of extention of his arm in terms of actual effect. However, I'll skip over that one til Ive had a chance to look in detail.

Scout

First off, the scout's passive ability, Helluva Tracker, is minor enough to warrent another minor ability. Cant think off the top of my head what to suggest, but maybe another skill-related ability would be good.

Straight Shot works well - its essentially a basic attack, but uses your origin stat and deals extra damage equal to level. I might actually suggest giving it an accuracy boost or +2 as its so simple.

Wasteland Rush - just fine. Wording should be 'Effect: You move your speed. You may pass through enemy squares during this move.'  - and possibly add to the end 'This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.' because normally, moving into an enemy's square provokes, since it requires moving out of a square he threatens. But that depends on whether you had it in mind that the power should provoke or not.

Shot to the Heart looks good - just a simple high-damage dealer.

A technical note - just list them as required "Ranged weapon" on the action type line. 1 and 2 handed ranged weapons and guns is all options, so thats all you need to put there. It also includes thrown melee weapons.

So (using the Straight Shot Suggestion):
Straight Shot (Scout Novice)
Sometimes you can't aim. Just point and shoot. Point and shoot.
At-Will Physical, Weapon
Standard Action
Ranged weapon
Target:
One creature
Attack: WIS + Level + Weapon accuracy +2 vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + WIS + twice your level damage.

Raider

Raider needs a few major changes in my opinion. The core idea (i.e. a Dual-Wield Striker) works just fine, but it needs fine-tuning to fit into Gamma World.

1. Better From Behind is VERY overpowered for Gamma World, especially combined with Dual-Wielding, High Damage powers. See the explanation of suggestions later on why.

2. Second, while dual-wielding is acceptable, WotC went out of its way to avoid the issue of stacking modifiers when making Felinoid. So any dual-wield power you try to use should probably reflect that, dealing 1[W] + modifiers if one attack hits, 2[W] + modifiers if both attacks hit. Here's my suggestion:

You hit once so they realize you're not joking. You hit twice because you really like to see them bleed out.
At-Will  * Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding at least two weapons.
Target: One creature.
Attack: DEX + Level + Accuracy vs. AC (Roll the attack twice)
Hit (One Attack): 1[W] + DEX + twice your level damage.
Hit: (Both Attacks): 2[W] + DEX + twice your level damage.
Special: Use the highest value for [W] and Accuracy of the weapons you are wielding.

Now, even I'll admit there are a few issues this brings up - like what constitutes wielding (which while defined by WotC, is often debated by rules lawers), and it removes your ability to attack multiple targets. If you wanted to leave that in, you could change things to:

Attack: DEX + Level + Accuracy vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1[W] + your level damage.
Effect: If you hit at least one target, choose one of the targets hit. That target takes additional damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.
Special: Use the highest value for [W] and Accuracy of the weapons you are wielding.

The reason for this caution is simply a matter of potential - if you use the ability like how twin strike works, with doubling modifiers, you have a potential 2d10 + 10 + 1 (+2d6 if you include the passive ability) damage to a single target as an at-will, which is FAR greater than any other at will novice power. That comes to an average 27 damage, max of 43. . more than enough to instantly kill most level 1 and 2 creatures, and seriously injure things level 3-5. And that's when you're a lowly first level character.

With my suggestions, that potenial is nearly halved - a max of 27 for both, allowing either only one target, or two targets, depending on what you want. You could even (making it more mechincally interesting, make it work like Cleave as well as Dual Strike, and say "If hit at least one target, choose one of the targets. That target takes. . ."

I'll leave it to you to see why the Expert power would be needed to be altered accordingly.
The utility, on the other hand, is just fine as is

[/spoiler]

Strategist
You're right in that a +6 is too strong. Generally, a +2 represents an unusually accurate attack, or a +4 to a +6 is only used on a high-level attack that is NOT tied to a characters primary ability scores (For instance, Dragonbreath in 4E uses a higher number as tier increases, because caster Dragonborn will not have a high physical score)

Master Combo could probably lose the +4 to attack as well; it's already quite strong without it.

Other than that, Strategist looks pretty good to me. A strong choice, but not overpowered at all.
Personal, completely biased comment: On raider, I'd love to see you take the Double Strike + Cleave route, making the Raider into a character who is a melee striker in terms of AoE damage like a Sorceror: You move in, make 2-3 attacks (Novice or Expert) against different or small targets, and one or two of them take some minor extra damage nearby. The following is a completely biased suggestion:

Raider Passive: Underhand Strike - If you miss all targets on your turn, you may choose an adjacenet enemy as a free action. The enemy takes damage equal to your dexterity modifier.

At-Will  * Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Target: One ot two creatures.

Attack: DEX + Level + Accuracy vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1[W] + your level damage.
Effect: If you hit at least one target, choose one of the targets. That target takes additional damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Hidden Strike (Raider Expert)
Fast striking is something you can do kinda good. Nobody knows where the third blow came from.
Encounter * Weapon

Target:
One, two or three creatures.
Attack: DEX + Level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC, three attacks
Hit: 1[W] + your level damage.
Miss: The target takes damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
Effect: If you hit at least one target, choose one of the targets. That target takes additional damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
Effect: If you attacked a single target more than once, that target is dazed until the start of your next turn.
Chandrak - All suggestions implemented. Thank you for the editing help!

As far as the rules for Invisible, I wrote out what I did because I could not find rules for Invisible in the Rulebook. However, I forgot the Golden Rule of Gamma World: If it's not in the GW rules, use the standard 4E rules.

Also, funny thing about the M:TG wording ... that was actually how I started to write it the first time before I caught myself. Smile

I am also going to go with the alternate ability, "Like You're Not Even There." The reason for this is that I've decided to save Photon Manipulation for another origin... a set, actually: Area 52, Ishtar, and Xi origins.

Current version:

Invisible Origin

Invisible

Appearance: Huh? What? Who said that?
Mutant Type: Dexterity; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge
Sneaky (Level 1): You get a +4 bonus to Stealth checks.
Shimmer (Level 1): You gain +2 to AC and Reflex against melee and ranged attacks.
Like You're Not Even There (Level 1): If you are not surprised at the beginning of an encounter, you can not be included as the target of an attack or power until the beginning of your first turn.
Invisible Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you deal an extra 1d10 damage and you become invisible to the target until the beginning of your next turn. If you attack the target before the start of your next turn, the effect ends.

Unseen Hand - Invisible Novice
At-Will * Dark, Weapon
Standard Action    Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: DEX + your level + weapon accuracy vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + your level damage and the target grants combat advantage to you and your allies
until the end of your next turn.

Where'd You Go? - Invisible Utility
Encounter * Dark
Immediate Interrupt
Trigger:
 You are hit by an attack.
Effect:
The triggering attack misses you, and you teleport a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier +1.

Disappearing Act - Invisible Expert
Encounter * Dark
Standard Action    Close Burst 3
Effect: You may immediately use Unseen Hand against each enemy in the burst. You become invisible to each enemy that you hit with this attack (save ends each). If you attack a target to which you are invisible, the effect ends for that target.
Capricious Attack (Fey Novice)

Your strange fey combat style confuses your foe.

Oh! Ok well first off, I see I misread a little - it did indeed have a 50% penalty. However, what I think bugs me most is that it seems fairly easy to force a creature to not be able to attack you. . . namely, attack at range, then move away.

Good point.  I really pictured it as more of a swordplay & footwork kind of power.  I'll change it to Melee: Weapon.  That should sort it out.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Good point.  I really pictured it as more of a swordplay & footwork kind of power.  I'll change it to Melee: Weapon.  That should sort it out.

Yeah, I think it will. It might combo nastily with some like say, Doppelganger, but practically everything combos nastily with that origins, so thats not really something to consider.
Chandrak - All suggestions implemented. Thank you for the editing help!

Welcome And looking forward to see what you come up with for the other two origins!

Not a bad idea, though perhaps difficult to do. Single species don't fit gamma world - it would have to be a fey origin of some kind that could be combined with pretty much anything else. So you probably wouldnt find something like elves, fairies, etc, except as monsters. A generalized fey origin might work - like Feytouched from the list of monster templates in 4E though. Darkling is one in a similar vein - its a general 'shadowfell-like' origin that doesnt represent anything specific.

OK, I gues I have to do it then:

Fey

Fey

One of the myriad 'world-lines' merged into this one by the Big Mistake was what once was called 'The Otherworld' or 'Feywild' or 'Faerie' or even 'Fairy-land.'  You were an inhabbitant of that magical (rich in Dark-energy) realm. 

Apearance:   There are many sorts of Fey, some are slim, elegant humanoid 'elves,' others twisted giants or goblins, there are even swarms of fire-fly-like fairies.  Your second origin will help you decide what sort of Fey you are.  If Fey is your second origin, you are a half-fey, born of a 'mortal'-Fey union after the Big Mistake.

Mutant Type: CHA; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Interaction and Intuition checks.
Fey Quickness (Level 1): Gain a +1 to REF, AC, and Speed when not wearing heavy armor. 
Immortal (Level 1):  You do not age, and resist 10 necrotic.  When your home dimension was separate, you could re-incarnate if slain in the mortal realm, but no longer.  You can die by violence like everyone else - it's humilating.
Fey Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you do an extra 1d10 psychic damage with that attack, and gain total concealment against the target until the end of it's next turn. 

Capricious Attack (Fey Novice)
Your strange fey combat style confuses your foe.
At-Will • Dark, Psychic, Weapon
Standard Action    Melee weapon
Requirement:  You must be using a light weapon that is not a gun, omega tech, or made of iron.
Attack: CHA + your level vs. Will  (the accuracy of your weapon is not added to this attack).
Hit: 1[W] physical damage and extra psychic damage equal to your CHA mod + your level.  Roll 1d6 to determine how the confused target reacts:

1.  Target must make a basic attack against you on it's next turn if it is able, otherwise it is dazed on it's turn.
2.  The target will attack you on it's turn if it can.  If it can't, it is suffers a -2 to hit on it's attacks that round.
3.  The target suffers a -2 to hit enemies other than you until the end of it's next turn.
4.  The target is slowed until the end of its next turn.
5.  The target is dazed until the end of it's next turn.
6.  The target makes a basic attack against one of its allies on it's next turn, if it cannot, it is stunned on its next turn.

Fey Glamour (Fey Utility)
Those around you see you as you wish to be seen.
Encounter • Dark, Illusion
Minor Action   Personal
Effect:   Creatures who have not seen you before percieve you as pleasant, attractive, or important and will tend not to be suspicious of your presence or motivations (-4 intution vs you) until a combat begins or you use a different Fey power.  You gain a +4 bonus to all Interaction checks until the end of the current encounter.  If you activate this power in combat, you may pick one enemy you can see: that enemy is -2 to attack you for the rest of the encounter.

Fey Magic (Fey Expert)
You conjure up remnants of ancient Fey power (Dark energy) and shape them into deadly forms.
Encounter • Dark, Illusion, Psychic
Standard Action       Close Burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Attack: CHA + your level vs. REF
Hit:  2d12 + CHA mod + 2x your level damage.  The type of damage and any other effects are randomly determined for each target you hit.

1. Acid damage and the target takes ongoing 5 Acid damage (save ends).
2. Cold damage and the target is immobilized until the end of your next urn.
3. Electricity damage and the target suffers a -2 attack roll penalty until the end of your next turn.
4. Fire damage and the target takes ongoing 5 Fire damage (save ends).
5. Sonic damage and the target is deafened until the end of your next turn.
6. Force damage and you push the target 3 squares.

Awsome! I love it. Combined with other origins this can go through all the types of Fae easily
And I love the Fae and Swarm combo, you could play a swarm of Sprites., haha!

Thank you! 
You could play a swarm of Sprites., haha!

Haha, Speaking of M:tG, you could play a swarm of Scrib Sprites!
So, the origins I started working on as classes in the Origins as Classes thread and also have quoted here in post #126 are finally all prettymuch done (I've been slowly plugging away at for over 2 months, aparently).  And, I keep getting more ideas:

Ascetic

Ascetic

Explorers and Examiners scour the blasted landscape of Gamma Terra looking for the tools of survival, wisdom of the Ancients, or weapons of power.  You pity them, for true wisdom and power come from within. 

Appearance:
   You are supremely fit and radiate calm determination.  You eschew most material possessions, prefering hand-to-hand combat over weapons. 

Mutant Type: 
STR or DEX; none; +1 to Bio overcharge (stacks with primary origin).
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Athletics or Accrobatics skill checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  +1 to all non-AC defenses
Iron-Skin Protection (Level 1):   When wearing no armor, you gain an AC bonus of 3.   If your STR is higher than both your DEX and INT, you increase this bonus to 5.
Unlocked Potential (Level 4 or 8, instead of an additional Alpha mutation):   You gain an additional Alpha Mutation.  When you ready this mutation, draw until you get a Bio mutation.  If you experience Alpha Flux, you discard this mutation only if the new mutation you draw is Bio, if it is not, you discard the new mutation.     
Dim-Mak Critical (Level 2 or 6):  When you score a critical hit the target of the attack gains ongoing damage equal to your level, plus the higher of your STR or DEX (save ends).

Kata (Ascetic Novice)
Your smooth, practiced motions appear deceptively slow.
At-Will 
Bio, Weapon
Minor Action                            Melee 1
Trigger:  You resolve a Quick Attack or Powerful Attack.
Target:  You or the target of the triggering attack.
Effect:  If the triggering attack hit, in addition to the usual damage, pick one of the following effects:  you inflict an additional +1d6 + your level force damage on the target; you slide the target 1 & shift 1; you knock the target prone; you push the target 2; you change places with the target.  If the triggering attack missed, choose one of the following effects:  you gain temporary hps equal to your WIS or CHA mod; you gain a +2 to AC and REF until the start of your next turn; you shift half your speed.   

Defensive Throw (Ascetic Utility - level 3 or 7)
You don't really want to hit me, you just need a little rest.  Lie down for a moment.  Isn't that better?
Encounter • Bio
Immediate Interrupt                            Melee 1
Trigger:  
An adjacent enemy attacks you.
Effect: 
 The attack fails and the enemy falls prone.  If it became adjacent to you on it's turn, it takes 1d10 physical damage +1 more physical damage for each square closer to you it moved before attacking you.

Whirlwind Flurry (Ascetic Expert - level 5 or 9)
One opponent or many, you are serene in the heart of the maelstrom.
Encounter 
• Bio, Weapon
Standard Action                            Close Burst 1
Requirement:  You must be using the Quick Attack or Powerful Attack 'weapon.'
Target: 
Each enemy in Burst.
Attack: 
 STR or DEX + level + Acc. vs REF.
Hit:  2[W]+ STR or DEX + 2xlevel damage, and you may choose to either knock the target prone or slide the target 2 squares (make the choice for each target you hit). 
Miss:  You push the target 1 and he is immobilized until the start of your next turn.
Effect:  You gain Regneration 3 a +2 bonus to all defenses until you leave your current square.

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Here's a nice simple origin for ya:

boldpueblo.com/downloads/gammaworld/GW-o...

BUNNIES!
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Hi, I'm new to the forums and as a welcome present to you, here is a new origin:

Solar By Sol_Lich

You have learned to harness the unchecked power of the our sun

You are the ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, the kind that incinerates anything it falls upon. You always try to bring some joy but can take it too far.

Appearance: Your head is an orb of fiery plasma, with sunspots that shape into a face. Your mouth radiates heat when speaking.

Mutant Type: Strength; Dark; +2 to dark overcharge

Skill Bonus: (Level 1): Gain +4 to Nature

Sun Bather: (Level 1): Gain Resist 10 Fire

Sunny Side Up: (Level 1):  +2 bonus to saves against being dazed or blinded

Solar Critical: (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, you inflict an extra 1d10damage and all allies around you gain Resist 5 fire until the end of your next turn.

Sun Stare (Solar Novice)

You launch two beams of white hot solar energy at you target

At Will-Dark, Fire

Standard Action Range 20

Effect: 1d10 + Strength modifier + twice your level and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Bright Out (Solar Utility)

You flare out your radiance to sear your enemies eyeballs.

Encounter-Dark

Standard Action     Close Burst 2

Effect: Any enemies in the burst are blinded until the end of your next turn.

Solar Winds (Solar Expert)

You let loose with an immolating blast of charge particles and heat.

Encounter-Dark, Fire, Radiation

Standard Action Close Burst

Target: Each Creature in burst

Effect: 2d10 + Str Mod + twice your level fire and radiation damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Hi, I'm new to the forums and as a welcome present to you, here is a new origin

Hi Sol_Lich! Welcome to the forum!

I like your concept, but numerically I think this origin is a bit underpowered. For example:

Sun Bather: (Level 1): Gain Resist 5 Fire

Pyrokinetic, Cryokinetic, and Entropic all get Resist 15 to their respective elements. Some other origins gain Resist 10 and a bonus ability. I'd suggest bumping this up to at least Resist 10 with a bonus ability. (How about a +2 bonus to saves against being dazed or blinded?)

Solar Critical: (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, all allies around you gain Resist 5 fire until the end of the turn.

Pretty much all criticals should include "the attack deals and extra 1d10 damage and..." I really do like the idea of a buffing critical, but it still needs the extra damage! (And as was pointed out to me by others, the bonus damage should be +1d10 for simplicity's sake.)

The powers are all themed really well, but they also suffer from a lack of "oomph."

The damage equation for Sun Stare (3+twice your level damage) is really weak. On the one hand, it's a guaranteed 5 damage at 1st level, but on the other hand, that damage is low, even for a Novice power. I'd make the damage read "1d10 + Strength modifier + twice your level and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn." (IIRC, dazed is generally used as "not quite blinded.")

Bright Out is overkill for a fairly underpowered ability. (What kind of action is this anyway? I'll assume Minor.) Auto-blinding all enemies on the board is a little crazy. However, blinding them until the end of the turn in which they were blinded means that this is really only useful for giving yourself a bonus to a single attack. It should really be written as a Close Burst 2 or 3, and last until the end of your next turn  - that way your allies can get in on the action!

Solar Winds has three problems. First, it needs a burst size - I'm going to assume 3, that seems reasonable. Secondly, the damage equation is not quite right for an Expert power. Compare this to other burst powers like Nuclear Option or Magnetic Field, which deal 2 dice of damage + ability mod + twice your level AND provide a bonus ability. Finally, if the power is going to have both the Fire and Radiation keywords, then both damage types should be represented.

To bring this up to par, I'd suggest you make the damage "2d10 + Str Mod + twice your level fire and radiation damage, and the target is knocked prone." (Knocked prone comes from this being a wind-based power.)

Hopefully these suggestions are helpful to you. As I stated, I like the origin concept. It is a creative alternative to Pyrokinetic and I can see this being a lot of fun to play. All it needs is some number tweaking and I think it will be great. Smile

Tweaked up Puppetteer slightly - it needed a limitation on how often you could use Trickster.

I reworked the Solar origin to be more balanced.

Thanks ChaoticGood for the advice.

No comments on my bunny rabbit origin?

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
Hey everyone! :D I've been working on four GW origins for my custom setting - what do you guys think? (BTW, I think I need help with balance and snappy headings X3)

They are all here: docs.google.com/document/d/1KwuHzBLM6oP8...

I have to say, it'll definately be making it onto my origins list when my group plays. It's just too good to pass up, and it totally fits into the feel of the game - I really hope one of my players ends up with it!

I hadnt had a chance to look at it :P Been swamped between helping my current D&D group with optimizing, and with setting up a second regular group (Finally!) with some of the people who I've been playing GW with on and off.

The bunny origin is pretty amusing Nicely balanced, too.
Hey everyone! :D I've been working on four GW origins for my custom setting - what do you guys think? (BTW, I think I need help with balance and snappy headings X3)

They are all here: docs.google.com/document/d/1KwuHzBLM6oP8...

"Hate Expert" made me lol.

I gave it a quick look - don't have time right now to do a full critique, but I can tell you there's a few balance issues. Displacer in particular is very overbalanced in the healing department - very few (what, like 2? 3?) official origins have healing, and those are usually encounter powers, and for small amounts.
Hater seemed pretty good. You do mention spending healing surges though in at least two of the origins - those don't exist in GW, just second wind 1/combat.
Yo, fellas, any of you knows where I can find that "template" people use for their custom origins or the specifications to make like it? Font and etc

Yo, fellas, any of you knows where I can find that "template" people use for their custom origins or the specifications to make like it? Font and etc

I'm not aware of a template, so I think everyone has just been putting together custom formatting.  If you have a particular custom origin that you want to match, maybe whoever wrote that one could share their formatting.  

Very well done and it is so in character for the flavor of the game where previous editions had rabbits riding rabbits...

I honestly totally missed it in the masses of posts.

I love it, its a great little Origin that fits right in. Its right up there alongside the cute fluffy white kitten swarm. You'll totally adore it...untill its to late... :D  

Depends on what you mean. If its font, I think each of us just use whatever. Quite a few people just write thier origins directly onto the forums, so it uses that font. When typing the compilations into pdfs, I just used whichever font I feel like at the time (For #2, that was Times New Roman).

If on the other hand you mean the origin layout we use in the Compilation, that isn't a template or anything. I'm pretty sure most of use just copy/paste and fill in, or just type from scratch. The layout we're using now just happens to the one that I posted it in when I made up the first ones for the thread, and several others picked it up, so it stuck.

I don't actually use templates at all for Word Processing, and when it comes to the origins, I prefer to type from scratch so I catch all the little details (like consitent acronyms and wording) that I or others might have been lazy about.

It's beautifully formatted. 

I think there thread just speeded up at that point.  There were no comments on my new class-orgin (or the others I'd been doing), either.

So, the origins I started working on as classes in the Origins as Classes thread and also have quoted here in post #126 are finally all prettymuch done (I've been slowly plugging away at for over 2 months, aparently).  And, I keep getting more ideas:

Ascetic

Ascetic

Explorers and Examiners scour the blasted landscape of Gamma Terra looking for the tools of survival, wisdom of the Ancients, or weapons of power.  You pity them, for true wisdom and power come from within. 

Appearance:
   You are supremely fit and radiate calm determination.  You eschew most material possessions, prefering hand-to-hand combat over weapons. 

Mutant Type: 
STR or DEX; none; +1 to Bio overcharge (stacks with primary origin).
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Athletics or Accrobatics skill checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  +1 to all non-AC defenses
Iron-Skin Protection (Level 1):   When wearing no armor, you gain an AC bonus of 3.   If your STR is higher than both your DEX and INT, you increase this bonus to 5.
Unlocked Potential (Level 4 or 8, instead of an additional Alpha mutation):   You gain an additional Alpha Mutation.  When you ready this mutation, draw until you get a Bio mutation.  If you experience Alpha Flux, you discard this mutation only if the new mutation you draw is Bio, if it is not, you discard the new mutation.     
Dim-Mak Critical (Level 2 or 6):  When you score a critical hit the target of the attack gains ongoing damage equal to your level, plus the higher of your STR or DEX (save ends).

Kata (Ascetic Novice)
Your smooth, practiced motions appear deceptively slow.
At-Will 
Bio, Weapon
Minor Action                            Melee 1
Trigger:  You resolve a Quick Attack or Powerful Attack.
Target:  You or the target of the triggering attack.
Effect:  If the triggering attack hit, in addition to the usual damage, pick one of the following effects:  you inflict an additional +1d6 + your level force damage on the target; you slide the target 1 & shift 1; you knock the target prone; you push the target 2; you change places with the target.  If the triggering attack missed, choose one of the following effects:  you gain temporary hps equal to your WIS or CHA mod; you gain a +2 to AC and REF until the start of your next turn; you shift half your speed.   

Defensive Throw (Ascetic Utility - level 3 or 7)
You don't really want to hit me, you just need a little rest.  Lie down for a moment.  Isn't that better?
Encounter • Bio
Immediate Interrupt                            Melee 1
Trigger:  
An adjacent enemy attacks you.
Effect: 
 The attack fails and the enemy falls prone.  If it became adjacent to you on it's turn, it takes 1d10 physical damage +1 more physical damage for each square closer to you it moved before attacking you.

Whirlwind Flurry (Ascetic Expert - level 5 or 9)
One opponent or many, you are serene in the heart of the maelstrom.
Encounter 
• Bio, Weapon
Standard Action                            Close Burst 1
Requirement:  You must be using the Quick Attack or Powerful Attack 'weapon.'
Target: 
Each enemy in Burst.
Attack: 
 STR or DEX + level + Acc. vs REF.
Hit:  2[W]+ STR or DEX + 2xlevel damage, and you may choose to either knock the target prone or slide the target 2 squares (make the choice for each target you hit). 
Miss:  You push the target 1 and he is immobilized until the start of your next turn.
Effect:  You gain Regneration 3 and a +2 bonus to all defenses until you leave your current square.

here's what I use:

origin template

name

flavor text.

Appearance:

Mutant Type: 
STAT ; Bio/Psi/Dark; +2 Bio/Dark/Psi overcharge bonus.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to skill checks.
Defense Bonus (Level 1):  + to defense
(Level 1):  .
(Level 1):  .   
Critical (Level 2 or 6): .

(name Novice)
At-Will 
keywords
Standard Action                            AttackType: Range
Target: .
Attack: .
Hit:  .  

(name Utility)
?
Encounter •
Action                            Personal
Effect:  .

(name Expert)
Encounter 
• keywords
Standard Action                            AttackType: Range
Target:  .
Attack: 
  + level vs defense .
Hit:  []+ + 2xlevel, . 
Miss: .

When I use a word processor offline, I prefer Arial, with the name 18, flavor text 12, and the rest 10.   Colors are standard black, Dark Red, Orange, Green, Blue & Violet.

Inspired by a picture by cogspa, by the D&D beholder, and by Cyclops of the X-Men, here's another new origin for D&D Gamma World:

OCULAR

You've got eyes on the back of your head.

And eyes on the sides of your head. And your shoulders and your arms and your back and your chest and your legs and your hands and … Appearance: You've got a multitude of eyes over your whole body. They could be on tentacled eyestalks, on the ends of your fingers, wrapped around your head like a crown, or arranged in even stranger configurations.

Download the Ocular origin now!

(Oh, and a nod to the Ten-Eyed Man from DC Comics in the flavor text.)

I like it! The Expert power is especially fun, never knowing exactly what kind of damage you'll be doing.
I hope you enjoy this next origin:

Toxin By Sol_Lich

Your body is a cocktail of every poison unknown to man.

Your body produces various toxins, both liquid and gaseous making you a hazard to every living thing. You tend to be not very physical because of your condition, and you put some weak poison in your food because you say it adds flavor. Just don’t share with others.

Appearance:
Your skin is a series of green and purple strips along with small tentacles coming from your chin.

Mutant Type: 
Intelligence; Bio; +2 Bio overcharge bonus.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Science
Antivenom (Level 1): Gain Resist 15 Poison
Slick Skin (Level 1):
+2 bonus to saves against being Restrained
Toxin Critical (Level 2 or 6): ): When you score a critical hit, you inflict an extra 1d6 ongoing damage. (Save ends all)

Sludge Puke (Toxin Novice)
You bleach out a wad of toxic gunk at an enemy
At-Will  Bio, Poison
Standard Action
                   Ranged 2
Hit: 1d8+Will Modifier+ your level poison damage

Gas Attack  (Toxin Utility)
You exhale a cloud of poison fumes over an area
Encounter • Bio, Poison, Zone
Standard Action
                           Close Blast 3
Effect: The blast creates a zone of poison gas that lasts until your next turn. Any enemies inside the zone take 5 damage.

(
Lethal Dose Expert)
Your touch injects five deadly poisons into an enemy’s body
Encounter • Bio, Poison
Standard Action
                         Melee 1
Target: One creature
Attack: 
 Intelligence + your level vs Reflex.
Hit:  [2d8] +Intelligence Modifier + 2xlevel poison damage and the target takes 5 ongoing damage (save ends all)
I'm loving your origin cards, Oraibi Must see about getting you to make some for the thread >.> They look way better than my pdf, hehe.

Like the flavor of Ocular too

And nice job with Toxin as well. Nice and balanced, different flavor/powers from Plaguebearer.
I didn't make any origin cards, you must have me confused with someone else! (e.g. AH_Anarchy)
As the father of a lapine son, I love the rabbit origin.
I was a little surprised you went with Str instead of Dex though.

Also, I have a few possible ideas for new origins but I'm not entirely sure how to go about making them:

Hemokinetic: Blood control. Either Wis or Cha-based. Powers would consist of being able to close up wounds and heal your allies, but also maybe some blood-draining or poisonous blood attacks. I'm open to suggestions.

Nessie: Bigfoot is represented in GW, so I figure the lake monster deserves a place there too. Probably Con-based. Maybe saurian will cover Nessie, but I doubt they will have a swim speed. One of Nessie's powers should be a melee 2 either bite or headbutt, utilizing that lengthy neck for striking enemies with reach.

Equine: I've just been thinking about horses lately. Str-based. NOT a centaur. I like the idea of a man-horse riding a giant, quadrapedal human. It's creepy.

I would love some help on these.

Fanks.