Custom Origins Compilation

300 posts / 0 new
Last post
During the first round of combat, any creature that can see you is weakened until the end of their turn.

I'm not sure anyone would want you on their team.

Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
During the first round of combat, any creature that can see you is weakened until the end of their turn.

I'm not sure anyone would want you on their team.

edit: just take up the rear of the group and tell your party members not to look behind you.
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
Whoops. It's supposed to represent new people being horrified by your appearnace. I'll rectify it.
So, who's in a game that allows these homebrew ones? We've been using them in my game with great success, and I'd like to hear about what people are playing!

My current group has:
Telekinetic Doppleganger
Sharkoid Squidling
Wolfen Plant
Gamma Felinoid
Darkling Mind-Deciever
Saurian Goatfolk
Hypercognitive Weather Witch

Prehistoric

Prehistoric: Constitution, +2 Bio

Skill Bonus (Level 1): +4 Nature

Defense Bonus (Level 1): +2 Fortitude

Zug, Zug (Level 1): You suffer a -2 penalty to Omega Tech Charging, but double your level when calculating Salvaging Omega Tech cards.

Prehistoric Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the target is dazed (save ends).

Club, Smash! (Prehistoric Novice)

At-Will Bio, Physical

Standard Action                       Melee 1

Target: One creature

Attack: Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier physical damage + your level and each creature adjacent to target suffers your Constitution modifier physical damage.

Thick Skull, Tiny Brain (Prehistoric Utility)

Encounter         Bio, Stance

Free Action                  Personal

Effect: You gain Resist 5 Physical, but suffer a -2 to Will and Reflex Defenses.

Sustain Minor: The effect continues

Let There Be Fire! (Prehistoric Expert)

Encounter         Bio, Fire

Standard Action                       Close Burst 1

Target: Each creature in burst

Attack: Constitution + your level + 2 vs. AC

Hit: 1d10 + Constitution + your level fire and physical damage.

Effect: Push each creature in burst 1 square and you deal +2 fire damage on your melee attacks for the encounter.

Inspiring

Inspiring: Charisma, +2 Psi, +4 Interaction

Rally (Level 1): Each ally adjacent to you gains +1 to all Defenses

Rub some dirt in it! (Level 1): You can make healing type actions with Interaction instead of Science.

Inspiring Critical: When you score a critical hit, the attack deals and 1d10 extra damage and each ally within 10 squares gains +2 Attack until the end of you next turn.

War Cry (Inspiring Novice)

At-Will Psi, Weapon

Standard Action           Melee or Ranged weapon

Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier + your level

Effect: One ally within 5 squares gains +1 to a chosen Defense or +1 Attack against the target.

Motivational Word (Inspiring Utility)

Encounter         Psi, Healing

Minor Action                Close Burst 10

Target: You or one ally within burst

Effect: The target regains 10 Hit Points and can make an immediate saving throw.

Ride of the Valkyries (Inspiring Expert)

Encounter         Psi, Weapon

Effect: Each ally within 10 can shift 3 squares.

Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier + your level and each adjacent ally can make a basic attack against the target

Acidic

Acidic: Dexterity, +2 Bio, +4 Mechanics

Acidic Resistance (Level 1): Resist 10 Acid 

Corrosive (Level 1): When attacking items you gain +5 damage

Acidic Critical Hit (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra acid damage and the target suffers -2 Armor Class until the end of your next turn.

Acid Spit (Acidic Novice)

Encounter         Bio, Acid

Minor Action                Range 5

Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Reflex

Hit:  1d10 + your Dexterity modifier + your level in acid damage and blinded (save ends).

Dripping Defense (Acidic Utility)

Minor Action                Personal

Effect: You gain Resist 5 Physical and any creature that hits you with a melee attack suffers 5 Acid Damage, until the end of you next turn.

Noxious Fumes (Acidic Expert)

Encounter         Bio, Acid, Zone

Standard Action           Area burst 1 within 10 squares

Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Fortitude

Hit: 1d10 damage + Dexterity modifier + your level acid damage

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. Any creature ending their turn in the zone takes 5 Acid damage.

Cosmic

You are a being of pure energy, but more commonly as light.

You know those clouds of hallucinogenic superior beings on Star Trek... yeah its kind of like that. 

Cosmic: Intelligence, +2 Dark, +4 Science

Star Child (Level 1): You do not breath, can exist in a vacuum, and ignores difficult terrain when you shift because you slightly float.

Cosmic Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the target is blinded (save ends).

Starburst (Cosmic Novice)
With a large blast of solar radiation you can temporarily blind your opponents. 

At-Will Dark, Radiation

Standard Action           Area Burst 1 within 10 squares

Target: Each target in burst

Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Fortitude

Hit: Intelligence modifier + your level radiation damage and the creature cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of your next turn.

Flashy Light Form (Cosmic Utility)
 You show your true form of pure energy.

Encounter         Dark

Standard Action           Personal

Effect: You gain Insubstantial and Phasing, but you cannot attack until the end of your next turn.

Sustain Standard: The effect continues.

Supernova (Cosmic Expert)
You inner power source is ruptured, causing a small nuclear blast. 

Encounter         Dark, Radiation

Immediate Interrupt                  Close Burst 2

Trigger: You are bloodied or fall unconscious

Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d10 + Intelligence modifier + your level radiation damage and push the target 2 squares.

Dimensional

Your kind has transcended beyond the concept of dimension. You now control all four or five, but who is counting?

Dimensional: Intelligence, +2 Dark, +4 Conspiracy

2nd Dimension (Level 1): +2 Reflex

Dimensional Door (Level 1): Gains Teleport 4

Dimensional Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit teleport you or the target 6 squares.

Dimensional Blade (Dimensional Novice)
You make your weapon so thin it slices between energy, allowing you to ignore physical armor. 

Encounter         Dark, Weapon

Standard Action           Melee Weapon

Attack: Intelligence + your level + weapon accuracy + 10 vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier + your level physical damage, but ignores Resist or Immune Physical damage.

1st Dimension (Dimensional Utility)
You've mastered location and can control n=1 

Encounter         Dark

Minor Action    Personal

Effect: Invisible and gains Phasing until the end of you next turn.

4th Dimension (Dimensional Expert)
Time and space are your weapons as you leave this plane to return only to use it on your enemies as well. 

Encounter         Dark

Effect: Remove yourself from the board until the start of your next turn. When you return make the following attack & place yourself adjacent to one of your targets:

Target: One, two, or three creatures

Hit: 1d10 damage + your Intelligence modifier + your level and teleport the target 5 squares. If you attack one creature triple your level for damage and if you attack two creatures your double your level for damage.

And I wrote this up quick after being inspired by the Gamma Music thread:

Cydonian

Cydonian

You stand for yourself and others while making your own destiny because no one messes with the stash, the hat, and cowboy-fu!

Mutant Type: Charisma, +2 Dark

Tiger Style: +4 Athletics

Snake Style: +2 Reflex

Shaolin Bear Strike: You can use Charisma for Quick Attack and Powerful attack and increase their weapon accuracies by one.

Cydonian Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals an extra 1d10 damage and knock the target prone. 

Flying Eagle

At-Will Dark, Physical

Standard          Melee 1

Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d6 damage + your Charisma modifier + your level and push the target 1 square.

Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

Circle of Death

Encounter         Dark

Immediate Interrupt      Personal

Trigger: You are missed by an attack

Effect: The attacker makes the same attack against itself.

Flaming Energy Ball

Encounter         Dark, Fire

Standard Action           Range 10

Attack: Charisma + your level vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d10 damage + Charisma modifier + double your level fire damage.

Miss: Half Damage

Special: You may delay the attack by using it on your next turn's standard action to gain an extra 2d10 damage.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sBOsh-vyI
I'd like to see a scorpion origin. I figure it won't be covered under "arachnoid."
Scorpinoid

Scorpinoid

Scorpions have a bad reputation as ill-tempered, vicious, and liable to sting for the sheer joy of stinging.   You'd like to prove that reputation is undeserved.  You'd like to, but stinging is so much more fun.

Appearance:
  While mutated from arthropod stock, you may not have as chitinous an apearance as a cockroach or arachnoid.  You do retain at least one defining feature of your heritage, though: a poisonous stinger at the end of a curled, segmented, tail. 

Mutant Type: 
Dexterity; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Stealth checks.
Save Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to FORT.  
Ambush Predator (Level 1):  You can take a Move and a Standard Action on a surprise round in which you are able to act.  If you hit an enemy on a Surprise round you inflict an extra 1d12 damage.   
Vicious Critical (Level 2 or 6):
When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.

Sting!  (Scorpinoid Novice)
It's your nature...
At-Will •
Bio, Physical, Poison
Standard Action                            Melee: 1
Target: One creature.
Attack: DEX + your level vs AC.
Hit: 1d6 + your DEX mod + level physcial damage.  If the target takes any damage from the attack, make a secondary attack:
Attack: DEX + your level vs FORT.
Hit: 1d8 + level poison damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.  

Revel In It (Scorpinoid Utility)
As you sting your enemies, you are energized by the sheer joy of it.
Encounter • Bio
Free Action                          Melee 1
Trigger: 
You hit with your Sting! power's secondary attack, or score a critical hit in melee.
Effect:   The triggering target takes ongoing poison damage equal to your level (save ends).   You  can choose to gain 10 temporary hps or make a saving throw against an effect that a save can end.

Hate's Poison (Scorpiniod Expert)
Your hatred for you foe concentrates in your venom .
Encounter 
• Bio, Phychic, Poison
Free Action                            Melee 1
Trigger: 
You hit an enemy with your Sting! novice power.
Effect:  You make the following attack against the target you just hit, instead of the usual secondary attack of the Sting! power.
Hit: 3d8 + 2xlevel poison & psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends), first failed save: immobilized (save ends), second failed save: stunned (save ends), third failed save: reduced to zero hps.  
Miss:  1d8 + level poison damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I'll try to fill in with narrations in all of my Origins.
Tony_Vargas has some great ones, so it will be hard to follow. 
I love your Two-Headed. Well done!

Whoever compiles this should note that Pay Attention doesn't work. You can't take Immediate Reactions onces dazed, stunned, or dominated. It has to be an interrupt and worded differently.

Thanks,  I'll update the wording to make it an Interrupt.

Major Update 11/10/10
Second post updated with new origins that can be found in various places. Most of them can be found here in the thread, with a few found in people's public blogs. We're about 2/3 of the way through another full batch of 20. I'll work up a second pdf once we reach it.

Where is the Nov 10 Update? The link above just takes me to Oct 28th

Note that it says the 2nd post is what was updated. All I did was update the list of origins posted in thread, not the pdf :P

I've been busy lately; should have time to do a new pdf this weekend though, so keep tuned

Note that it says the 2nd post is what was updated. All I did was update the list of origins posted in thread, not the pdf :P

I've been busy lately; should have time to do a new pdf this weekend though, so keep tuned

Sorry,  I did not understand. 

Am I correct in assuming that anything in the second post that is not listed with a link is contained within this discussion? 

Is there a way to mark the list of Origins to indicate which ones are documented in PDF?

Thanks for compiling all of this.  I am looking forward to reading the document.

---
Scott Stewart

Am I correct in assuming that anything in the second post that is not listed with a link is contained within this discussion?

Correct.

Is there a way to mark the list of Origins to indicate which ones are documented in PDF?

'Fraid not. Not a bad idea though, maybe I ought to organize it a bit more when I can.

---
Scott Stewart

Clone is a special origin, like Engineered Human.  You are a Clone if you roll a secondary origin identical to your primary origin.  Well, or if you choose to be a Clone using the chicken method. 

Clone

Clone

You had no mother or father, just a test tube and an eye-dropper and a womb with a view.  You are a copy of another being that had a life before you.  Sometimes you think you can remember the lives of your prior selves.

Appearance:
  You look exactly like the creature you are a clone of.  Well, unless you mutated in vitro.  You may have clone 'brothers' who share that appearance.   Your other origin should help you decide who or what you are a clone of.

Mutant Type: 
Same as other origin; Same as other origin; Same as other origin.
Skill Bonus (Level 1):   Same as other origin.
Save Bonus (Level 1):  Same as other origin.  
Gene Correction (Level 1):   When you fail an Overcharge roll you can choose to discard the Alpha mutation instead of suffering the failed Overcharge effect.  If you do, you have one less readied Alpha mutation for the rest of the encounter.    
Clone Critical (Level 2 or 6):
When you score a critical hit you can make a basic attack as a free action.  You cannot score a critical hit with the free attack.

Vat-trained  (Clone Novice)
While you were growing to maturity your muscle-memories were programmed with fighting skills.
At-Will • Physical, Weapon
Standard Action                            Melee or Ranged: Weapon
Attack: STAT (Your highest stat) + your level vs AC.
Hit:  1[W]+STAT+1xlevel and you gain a +2 bonus to AC and REF until the end of your next turn.

Deja You (Clone Utility)
You draw on gene-memories of your past incarnations' experiences.
Encounter •
Free Action                          Personal
Trigger: 
You fail a skill check or attack roll.  
Effect:   You roll 1d6 and add it to the check.  You use the new result.

The Backup (Clone Expert)
The best thing about being you... There are so many "you"s.
Encounter
• 
Not An Action                            Personal
Trigger: 
You fail a death save.
Effect:  You teleport to the edge of the map, regain hps equal to your bloodied value, discard and re-draw your Alpha Mutations, and draw one Omega Tech card from your player deck.  The rest of your Omega Tech and any other gear you had, along with a dead body that looks just like you, remain in the square you were in.  You are standing, equipped with an explorers kit, two weapons and armor of your choice (and the one Omega Tech card you drew) and have a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

@Tony_Vargas
The Clone is great.

With so many wonderful new origins I'm really tempted to TPK my whole party and start anew

BTW soon we'll be rolling d100 for origins I guess. 

EDIT: The following is obsolete, and has been revised later in the thread. Original post retained so that critisisms make sense in the context of the thread.

The undead origin. It has a heavy emphasis on zombie like resilience (Basically all of its powers and traits increase survivability). I'm happy for any suggestions if its reslience should be chopped down, or its damage/control increased.

Undead

UNDEAD

You were dead. But then, by lazarus virus, detroid cyber police force program, or the worcester sauce inadvisably used as embalming fluid, you got better.Are you bitter that you'll never lead a normal life, or chuffed that you don't have to pay taxes, and count anything that doesn't pulp the brain as a "flesh wound".

Apearance:   You're neck deep in the uncanny valley. You look like what your other origin looks like floating down a river with kids prodding it with sticks.

Mutant Type: Con; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Athletics checks.
Can't hit what aint there (Level 1): Gain a +2 to WILL. 
Play Dead (Level 1): Any time you take damage, you may go prone as a free action. Before attacking you while prone, enemies must hit with the following attack to penetrate your deceit: Their wisdom + their level vs your will. If this prelude attack misses, they may attack another target. If the attack hits, they may use a minor action to allow one of their allies who can hear them to attack you without making this attack.
Undead Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and the horrified target may not attack you until the end of your next turn. 

Nom Nom Nom (Undead Novice)
It's weird, you don't need food, but you've always got the munchies.
At will • Dark
Standard Action/Free action while dead                     Melee weapon
Attack: Constitution + Your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit: 1 [W] + your level physical damage, and the target is restrained until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You gain 5 temporary hitpoints
Special: You may make this attack as a free action on your turn if you're on 0 hit points or fewer. If you were on 0 hitpoints or fewer, you gain combat advantage for this attack. If the attack hits, you gain one hitpoint (and 5 temporary) and your turn ends.

Un-un undead (Undead Utility)
They want to un your undead, making you just regular dead. It's time to un their un undeading.
Encounter • Dark
Free action      Personal
Trigger:  You would make a death save
Effect:   You return to life with 10 hitpoints, prone, with all the effects of Playing Dead.

He's right behind you! (Undead Expert)

Why do people find it so hard to tell if you're dead, or just sleeping? They get the biggest shocks when you turn up RIGHT BEHIND THEM!!!
Encounter • Undead, Teleportation
Standard Action             Melee weapon w/in 10
Attack: CON + your level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit:  3 [W] + Contsitution modifier + twice your level physical damage
Effect:  Gain 20 temporary hitpoints.
Special: You may make this attack as a free action on your turn if you're on 0 hit points of fewer. If you were on 0 hitpoints or fewer, you gain combat advantage for this attack. If the attack hits, you gain one hitpoint (and 20 temporary hitpoints) and your turn ends.

Undead just seems way overpowered.

"Play dead" should be a utility power and the Wis Attack vs your Will is too weird.

It could be a Utility. Drop Prone, cannot be attacked (way more simpler). Gain combat advantage to all creatures at start of your next turn.

Then make Un-un Undead your trait: When you pass a death save, you are conscious and start at HP equal to your level.

Plus Nom- Nom way too good to be At-Will, with THP effect, and restrained.
And why is it a weapon?

Make it a Minor At-Will only against grappled targets.
Hit: Con mod + your level in damage and gain 5 temporary hit points. 
I'll agree with GuestX

Its a good start on Undead, but Play Dead is wonky and broken.

Plus I'd just rename it Zombie... who wouldn't want to be a Zombie Yeti... 

On a sidetrack: I'd love to get some critique on my Origins as well.
Then I can sleep easy at night. 

Improved with respect to feedback.

Zombie

Zombie

You were dead. But then, by lazarus virus, detroit cyber police force program, or the worcester sauce inadvisably used as embalming fluid, you got better. Are you bitter that you'll never lead a normal life, or chuffed that you don't have to pay taxes, and count anything that doesn't pulp the brain as a "flesh wound".

Apearance:   You're neck deep in the uncanny valley. You look like what your other origin looks like floating down a river with kids prodding it with sticks.

Mutant Type: Con; Dark; +2 to Dark overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Athletics checks.
Can't hit what aint there (Level 1): Gain a +2 to WILL. 
Un-un undead (Level 1): They want to un your undead, making you just regular dead. It's time to un their un undeading. When you pass a death save, return to life with hitpoints equal to your level.

Undead Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra damage, and the horrified target may not attack or damage you until the end of your next turn. 

Nom Nom Nom (Zombie Novice)
It's weird, you don't need food, but you've always got the munchies.
At will • Dark
Standard Action/Free action while dead                     Melee
Attack: Constitution + Your level vs Reflex
Hit: Your level physical damage, and the target is restrained until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You gain 5 temporary hitpoints
Special: You may make this attack as a free action on your turn if you're on 0 hit points or fewer. If you were on 0 hitpoints or fewer, you gain combat advantage for this attack. If the attack hits, you gain one hitpoint (and 5 temporary) and your turn ends.

Play Dead (Zombie Utility)
For some reason, it's easy for you to pass as a corpse. They get a hell of a suprise when you're not.
Encounter • Dark, Stance
Immediate Interupt      Personal
Trigger: You would take damage
Effect:   Stance: You take no damage and go prone. You cannot move, attack, or be attacked until you end this stance as a minor action, or until an enemy sees through your deceit. You may still be hit by burst/blast/aura that you are collaterally caught in (GM's discretion). As a minor action an adjacent enemy may make an attack of their wisdom + their level vs your will to end this stance. If they fail this check you may stand and make a basic melee attack with combat advantage as a free action and end this stance.

He's right behind you! (Zombie Expert)

Why do people find it so hard to tell if you're dead, or just sleeping? They get the biggest shocks when you turn up RIGHT BEHIND THEM!!!
Encounter • Undead, Teleportation
Standard Action             Melee weapon w/in 10
Attack: CON + your level + Weapon accuracy vs. AC
Hit:  3 [W] + Contsitution modifier + twice your level physical damage. Gain 20 temporary hit points.
Effect:  Teleport adjacent to the target, ignoring line of sight requirements.
Special: You may make this attack as a free action on your turn if you're on 0 hit points of fewer. If you are on 0 hitpoints or fewer, you gain combat advantage for this attack. If the attack hits, you gain one hitpoint (and 20 temporary hitpoints) and your turn ends.

Prehistoric

Prehistoric: Constitution, +2 Bio

Skill Bonus (Level 1): +4 Nature

Zug, Zug (Level 1): You suffer a -2 penalty to Omega Tech Charging, but double your level when calculating Salvaging Omega Tech cards.

Prehistoric Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the target is dazed (save ends).

Club, Smash! (Prehistoric Novice)

At-Will Bio, Physical

Standard Action                       Melee 1

Attack: Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier physical damage + your level and each creature adjacent to target suffers your Constitution modifier physical damage.

Thick Skull, Tiny Brain (Prehistoric Utility)

Encounter         Bio, Stance

Free Action                  Personal

Effect: You gain Resist 5 Physical, but suffer a -2 to Will and Reflex Defenses.

Sustain Minor: The effect continues

Let There Be Fire! (Prehistoric Expert)

Encounter         Bio, Fire

Standard Action                       Close Burst 1

Attack: Constitution + your level + 2 vs. AC

Hit: 1d10 + Constitution + your level fire and physical damage.

Effect: Push each creature in burst 1 square and you deal +2 fire damage on your melee attacks for the encounter.

Inspiring

Inspiring: Charisma, +2 Psi, +4 Interaction

Rally (Level 1): Each ally adjacent to you gains +1 to all Defenses

Rub some dirt in it! (Level 1): You can make healing type actions with Interaction instead of Science.

Inspiring Critical: When you score a critical hit, the attack deals and 1d10 extra damage and each ally within 10 squares gains +2 Attack until the end of you next turn.

War Cry (Inspiring Novice)

At-Will Psi, Weapon

Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier + your level

Effect: One ally within 5 squares gains +1 to a chosen Defense or +1 Attack against the target.

Motivational Word (Inspiring Utility)

Encounter         Psi, Healing

Minor Action                Close Burst 10

Target: You or one ally within burst

Effect: The target regains 10 Hit Points and can make an immediate saving throw.

Ride of the Valkyries (Inspiring Expert)

Encounter         Psi, Weapon

Effect: Each ally within 10 can shift 3 squares.

Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier + your level and each adjacent ally can make a basic attack against the target

Acidic

Acidic: Dexterity, +2 Bio, +4 Mechanics

Acidic Resistance (Level 1): Resist 10 Acid 

Corrosive (Level 1): When attacking items you gain +5 damage

Acidic Critical Hit (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the attack deals 1d10 extra acid damage and the target suffers -2 Armor Class until the end of your next turn.

Acid Spit (Acidic Novice)

Minor Action                Range 5

Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Reflex

Hit:  1d10 + your Dexterity modifier + your level in acid damage and blinded (save ends).

Dripping Defense (Acidic Utility)

Minor Action                Personal

Effect: You gain Resist 5 Physical and any creature that hits you with a melee attack suffers 5 Acid Damage, until the end of you next turn.

Noxious Fumes (Acidic Expert)

Encounter         Bio, Acid, Zone

Standard Action           Area burst 1 within 10 squares

Attack: Dexterity + your level vs. Fortitude

Hit: 1d10 damage + Dexterity modifier + your level acid damage

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. Any creature ending their turn in the zone takes 5 Acid damage.

Cosmic

You are a being of pure energy, but more commonly as light.

You know those clouds of hallucinogenic superior beings on Star Trek... yeah its kind of like that. 

Cosmic: Intelligence, +2 Dark, +4 Science

Star Child (Level 1): You do not breath, can exist in a vacuum, and ignores difficult terrain when you shift because you slightly float.

Cosmic Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit, the target is blinded (save ends).

Starburst (Cosmic Novice)
With a large blast of solar radiation you can temporarily blind your opponents. 

At-Will Dark, Radiation

Standard Action           Area Burst 1 within 10 squares

Target: Each target in burst

Hit: Intelligence modifier + your level radiation damage and the creature cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of your next turn.

Flashy Light Form (Cosmic Utility)
 You show your true form of pure energy.

Encounter         Dark

Effect: You gain Insubstantial and Phasing, but you cannot attack until the end of your next turn.

Sustain Standard: The effect continues.

Supernova (Cosmic Expert)
You inner power source is ruptured, causing a small nuclear blast. 

Encounter         Dark, Radiation

Immediate Interrupt                  Close Burst 2

Trigger: You are bloodied or fall unconscious

Attack: Intelligence + your level vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d10 + Intelligence modifier + your level radiation damage and push the target 2 squares.

Dimensional

Your kind has transcended beyond the concept of dimension. You now control all four or five, but who is counting?

Dimensional: Intelligence, +2 Dark, +4 Conspiracy

2nd Dimension (Level 1): +2 Reflex

Dimensional Door (Level 1): Gains Teleport 4

Dimensional Critical (Level 2 or 6): When you score a critical hit teleport you or the target 6 squares.

Dimensional Blade (Dimensional Novice)
You make your weapon so thin it slices between energy, allowing you to ignore physical armor. 

Encounter         Dark, Weapon

Standard Action           Melee Weapon

Attack: Intelligence + your level + weapon accuracy + 10 vs AC

Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier + your level physical damage, but ignores Resist or Immune Physical damage.

1st Dimension (Dimensional Utility)
You've mastered location and can control n=1 

Encounter         Dark

Minor Action    Personal

Effect: Invisible and gains Phasing until the end of you next turn.

4th Dimension (Dimensional Expert)
Time and space are your weapons as you leave this plane to return only to use it on your enemies as well. 

Encounter         Dark

Effect: Remove yourself from the board until the start of your next turn. When you return make the following attack & place yourself adjacent to one of your targets:

Target: One, two, or three creatures

Hit: 1d10 damage + your Intelligence modifier + your level and teleport the target 5 squares. If you attack one creature triple your level for damage and if you attack two creatures your double your level for damage.

Prehistoric: Awesome, flavoursome, good mechanics, my favourite of your origins. But: this write up needs more flavour text to do the rest of your good work justice. The mechanics are good, but Gamma World is tongue in cheek funny!

Inspiring: Suffers the same problem that every psi origin does (in my opinion). Psi fire, Psi inspiration, Psi illusion, psi movement....none of them are as cool as rat swarm yeti cat. Psi seems to be the dud origin, claiming a third of the game design space, but having far less than that in terms of interesting concepts. I've written an entire "Dead mind" origin based on Frye from futurama, but can't post it because of how gyped I'd feel if I drew it as an origin. I didn't examine the powers very closely because of my stigma against psi.
Rename and refluff this origin to "Ancestral memory" and you've got me hooked. 'You want to lead your own life in a menial job, but the memory of the overwhelming 99.9% versions of you who were great military or cultural leaders before the accident hammer at your mind.'
Giant Hitler? Seismic Lincoln? Hell yeah.

Acidic: Entirely functional. Solid powers. Solid fluff. Neither as cool as speedster, nor as lame as mind breaker. What you see is what you get.

Dimensional: Generic astro dude. Neither the powers nor the fluff unique enough for me to get a good handle on. I think the more niche you go with origins, the more fun they will be in combination with their randomly determined partner.

I like your cosmic dude, but think he could be tighter in terms of concept and powers. Do you mind if I reflavour your Cosmic to include in its spectrum Hardlight Holograms ala Red Dwarf? I was going to write a hologram, but then saw that the utility and broad concept you used for your cosmic was identical. I'm not sure Gamma World has enough brain space to encompass photonics, cosmics, and holograms.

Rename and refluff this origin to "Ancestral memory" and you've got me hooked. 'You want to lead your own life in a menial job, but the memory of the overwhelming 99.9% versions of you who were great military or cultural leaders before the accident hammer at your mind.'
Giant Hitler? Seismic Lincoln? Hell yeah.

I think there's a forthcoming origin in Famine in Far-Go - 'Mythic,' perhaps - that's been hinted at that might be something like that, too.  Or not.  I definitely like the concept.

Ancestral Memory could be Psi, if you're re-incarnated or retrocognitive, or Bio, if it's race-memories carried in your DNA. 

Do you mind if I reflavour your Cosmic to include in its spectrum Hardlight Holograms ala Red Dwarf? I was going to write a hologram, but then saw that the utility and broad concept you used for your cosmic was identical. I'm not sure Gamma World has enough brain space to encompass photonics, cosmics, and holograms.

Hardlight Hologram would be a very cool origin. 

Scorpinoid

Scorpinoid

Scorpions have a bad reputation as ill-tempered, vicious, and liable to sting for the sheer joy of stinging.   You'd like to prove that reputation is undeserved.  You'd like to, but stinging is so much more fun.

Appearance:
  While mutated from arthropod stock, you may not have as chitinous an apearance as a cockroach or arachnoid.  You do retain at least one defining feature of your heritage, though: a poisonous stinger at the end of a curled, segmented, tail. 

Mutant Type: 
Dexterity; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Stealth checks.
Save Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to WILL.  
Ambush Predator (Level 1):  You can take a Move and a Standard Action on a surprise round in which you are able to act.  If you hit an enemy on a Surprise round you inflict an extra 1d12 damage.   
Vicious Critical (Level 2 or 6):
When you score a critical hit you deal 1d10 extra damage on that attack and the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.

Sting!  (Scorpinoid Novice)
It's your nature...
Encounter 
Bio, Physical, Poison
Standard Action                            Melee: 1
Attack: DEX + your level vs AC.
Hit: 1d6 + your DEX mod + level physcial damage.  If the target takes any damage from the attack, make a secondary attack:
Hit: 1d8 + level poison damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.  

Revel In It (Scorpinoid Utility)
As you sting your enemies, you are energized by the sheer joy of it.
Encounter • Bio
Free Action                          Melee 1
Trigger: 
You hit with your Sting! power's secondary attack, or score a critical hit in melee.
Effect:   The triggering target takes ongoing poison damage equal to your level (save ends).   You  can choose to gain 10 temporary hps or make a saving throw against an effect that a save can end.

Hate's Poison (Scorpiniod Expert)
Your hatred for you foe concentrates in your venom .
At Will 
• Bio, Phychic, Poison
Free Action                            Melee 1
Trigger: 
You hit an enemy with your Sting! novice power.
Effect:  You make the following attack against the target you just hit, instead of the usual secondary attack of the Sting! power.
Hit: 3d8 + 2xlevel poison & psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends), first failed save: immobilized (save ends), second failed save: stunned (save ends), third failed save: reduced to zero hps.  
Miss:  1d8 + level poison damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).

BULLY!

I like this one a lot. Having said that, the only thing I would change would be either making Con its primary stat or grant it the +4 bonus to Fort instead of Ref. After all, scorpions are extremely hardy. They can go for weeks without food and they can survive for several days underwater.
I really want to play an Earthworm Jim-esque character.
Anneloid origin, anyone?
Partial Update - making the compilation right now. There's a few balance issues I think might need to be addressed from the sound of some of the comments in the thread. I'll do my best to address those as long as it doesn't make any big changes.

Im free the rest of the evening, so it'll be finished sometime tonight
2nd Partial Update: Taking a bit longer than anticpated. This first compilation I used MSOffice2010 beta, which is now ended, so I had to switch to open office, which apparently hates the code used by the boards here - copy/pasting from peoples posts looks so horrendous that I'm typing everything in myself and formatting it.

However, it is proceeding little by little. I'm done up to Inspiring, which is #12, so only 8 more to go.
BULLY!

I like this one a lot. Having said that, the only thing I would change would be either making Con its primary stat or grant it the +4 bonus to Fort instead of Ref. After all, scorpions are extremely hardy. They can go for weeks without food and they can survive for several days underwater.

Yeah, I considered CON primary.  I wanted it to be good at Stealth and have an Initiative bonus, so went with DEX.  I could have gone with CON, made 'Ambush Predator' a simple Init bonus.   I was also trying to make it different from Serpent, which was also poisonous and hardy.    The WILL bonus was a veiled reference to astrology.  ;)    I'll change it to FORT.

I'd prettymuch run out of my own ideas, but I can do requests...

I really want to play an Earthworm Jim-esque character.
Anneloid origin, anyone?

Anneloid

Anneloid

The word 'worm' is derived from the anglo-saxon 'vyrm' which meant 'worm' but also meant 'dragon.'  You're not a dragon.

Appearance:
  You are soft-bodied, slimy, invertebrate.  You're most likely dull earth-colored or sickly white, but could have some more dramatic color. 

Mutant Type: 
CON; Bio; +2 to Bio overcharge.
Skill Bonus (Level 1): Gain a +4 to Nature checks.  You also have a +4 bonus to athletics or accrobatics checks to escape from a grab (or +2 bonus to saves against immobilization, I suppose, since there's no Grab in GW).
Save Bonus (Level 1):  +2 to FORT.  
Rectilinear Motion (Level 1):  You can tunnel through soft earth, sand, or mud at half your speed (you do not leave an open tunnel behind you), and can squeeze through narrow openings as if you were two size classes smaller.  You can shift  while Prone and do not grant combat advantage for being prone. 
Conqueror Worm Critical (Level 2 or 6): 
When you score a critical hit, you inflict an extra 1d6 damage, and the target is confronted with the inevitability of its own death (if alive) and is stunned until the start of your next turn.  Creatures that are immortal or not alive (like Androids and Robots) are not stunned.

Flexible Attack  (Anneloid Novice)
Your boneless limbs allow you to strike from odd angles with surprising force.
Encounter 
Bio, Physical, Weapon
Standard Action                            Melee: 2
Attack: CON + your level vs AC.  You have Combat Advantage for this attack if an ally is adjacent to the target.
Hit: 1[W] + your CON mod + level physcial damage.

Regeneration (Anneloid Utility)

Ever cut a worm in half?  :smack: "that's for abusing my relatives you sick ****!."
Encounter • Bio
Not an Action                          Personal
Trigger: 
You succeed on a Death Save.
Effect:   You use your second wind.  If you have already used your second wind this encounter, you regain 10+ your level hps. 

Worm Food (Anneloid Expert)
They all will be, one day.
At Will 
• Bio
Standard Action                            Melee 1
Target:
  One bloodied creature.
Attack:  CON + your level vs FORT.
Hit: 3d6 + CON + 2xlevel damage, and the target is weakened (save ends).  You regain hps equal to twice your level.   If the target is still adjacent to you, and still weakened at the start of your turn, you have Regeneration equal to your CON bonus.

Ok, sorry it took a bit longer than expected, but the new one is up now. As a note, I did end up tweaking things a bit here and there - most things were small adjustments to damage or attack rolls to bring them in line with other powers. (One for instance had a +10 to the attack roll, which basically means you'd never miss since it counters the base +10 to defenses - itd be your roll veruses thier defense' ability modifier).

One thing I *did* mess with in a big way was Scorpionoid - I noticed Tony, that your Sting! power was actually almost identical to the Felinoid's power, assuming both hits. It boiled down to 1d6+1d8 (instead of 2d6), Ability Modifier, and 2x Level damage, plus a status effect of some kind. Yours was slow, which is better than CA, but yours also deals less damage on a single hit than the felinoid (1x level instead of 2x). So, I bounced Sting! up to an at-will power, and bounced Hate's Poison down to an encounter power, which basically accomplishes the same thing in terms of how often you could use Hate's Poison. I'm hoping you won't mind - this would give players an opportunity to use thier stinger as a typical weapon, and limits the Expert Power in case WotC releases anything that'd let people use novice encounters a second time.

Another change I made was that in a few cases, there were at-will powers that caused the dazed condition, which is extremely powerful. Daze and stun (and weakened), should not be at-will powers. Even in normal 4E there is nothing that powerful. The only 'At-Will' powers that do that are psionic powers, and its only augmented so its not technically at-will anyway.

I did notice a tendency to label weapon powers as dealing physical damage - don't do this, because many Omega Tech salvage weapons actually deal other types of damage such as laser, or force. 'Physical' is a damage type in GW, and by specifying that the damage is physical in the power entry, you're changing the kind of damage such weapons would normally do. Physical damage should be specified for things like natural weapon-like attacks, like claws, bites, thrown rocks, headbutts, and so on, but not for weapon attacks. (Unless you're actually blungeoning them with a weapon and not using it, like a pistol whip or something, of course)

I kept the Zombie origin's original name of Undead, simply because I like it better. Not an objective choice, I realize, so if you want me to change it I will I just felt 'undead' allows a player more descriptive freedom in determining what exactly thier character is, since 'Zombie' tends to carry alot more context than just 'Undead'.

Also on the subject of Zombie, the way Nom Nom is written you can't actually use the power while unconscious (since you cant take actions, even free actions), so I had to make some alterations. I kept the function of the power intact though. Play Dead makes a little more sense if you play dead after actually getting hit with an attack: Seeing a guy get chunks blown out of him, then dropping to the ground is more likely to convince someone than seeing a laser go right past him ;P

On a completely unrelated note, I love how OpenOffice's auto-spellcheck knows the word "Squamous" but not "Shaolin" or "Interdimensional", which I would consider much more common than "Squamous" >.>

File will be up on the main post in a minute or two - just adding in credits now.
D'oh, last minute changes. Curse you Tony ;P

Actually, I'll put Anneloid in too. Since Famine will have an Extraterrestrial Origin, I'll replace that one. I'll keep Extraterrestrial in the file though, but add it in as a note, like a variant people might want if they dont have the Famine set or something.
Second PDF is officially up!

tinyurl.com/2atd68v
I'd like to make a suggestion for anyone interested in making them - Glimm had an interesting idea in his blog for origins that are essentially intended for non-mutants, and his post game the idea for a set of themed origins.

Essentially, we could design some origins around various 'class' concepts, intended to be used with things like Clone or Engineered Human. He mentioned some things like Gearhead, Medic, Survivor, and some others - things that aren't necessarily mutations, but represent something that your character is particularly good at. Essentially, skill- or occupation- centric origins.

Arcanist and Illusionist somewhat reflected this when I made them, and I've seen some threads asking about ways to transfer 4E classes into GW. I don't think that would work directly, but we probably could create a list of origins vaguely related to that with a more sci-fi feel to them. Likewise, Dr.Comics Age-based origins fit in with that theme as well - things that represent origins other than just mutations / strange circumstances.

Anyone have any suggestions? Before we start making origins for such a thing, it would be prudent to come up with a system/theme, and maybe a list, for people to try thier hand at.
I can't access the file. Wrong link?
Wierd. Yeah I set the file such that supposedly anyone with a link could get it without signing in, but its taking me to the sign in page.

Gimme a min or two to try and fix.
Ok, fixed. Im not entirely sure what caused the problem; I suspects that its because I uploaded the file and changed the security settings afterwards. Maybe that affected the link somehow (even though I linked to it AFTER changing settings.

*Shrug* I can see it now while not logged into google, so it should work.
Great! Now everything works quite good.
Thanks for all the hard work.
BTW my MS Office 2010 if fully functional, so if I can help with anything just drop me a line. 
Great! Now everything works quite good.
Thanks for all the hard work.
BTW my MS Office 2010 if fully functional, so if I can help with anything just drop me a line. 

I might do that, actually ;P The biggest issue is two things . . . namely, for some reason when I use OpenOffice to open the MSOffice text used to create pdf #1, maybe 1/4 of the spaces are replaced with an odd vertical grey bar, and also that for some reason it double or triple spaces everything at wierd intervals.

I'm honestly not sure what causes it, and don't know OpenOffice's menus well enough yet to know how to fix the spacing issues without just resorting to selecting everything and flagging 'default formatting' - which does fix the spacing, but removes bold/italics/coloring/sizing/etc. I know how to go into the settings and change distances between carriage returns / paragraphs, and how to tell it to double/triple space things, but apparently that's not what the issue is, because changing those doesn't fix it.

It's got me stumped, so atm I'd have to go through everything line-by-line anyway, so I might as well just retype it into my template in the first place. At least then I don't have to format things.
Only 1 mistake I noticed (other then a few extra commas)

Canine- Bite Hold has Ranged weapon listed

Love the Cydonian!!!!! Can't have enough !!!! for that one.

How many more until the next one? Tongue out

I'd like to make a suggestion for anyone interested in making them - Glimm had an interesting idea in his blog for origins that are essentially intended for non-mutants, and his post game the idea for a set of themed origins.

Essentially, we could design some origins around various 'class' concepts, intended to be used with things like Clone or Engineered Human. He mentioned some things like Gearhead, Medic, Survivor, and some others - things that aren't necessarily mutations, but represent something that your character is particularly good at. Essentially, skill- or occupation- centric origins.

Arcanist and Illusionist somewhat reflected this when I made them, and I've seen some threads asking about ways to transfer 4E classes into GW. I don't think that would work directly, but we probably could create a list of origins vaguely related to that with a more sci-fi feel to them. Likewise, Dr.Comics Age-based origins fit in with that theme as well - things that represent origins other than just mutations / strange circumstances.

Anyone have any suggestions? Before we start making origins for such a thing, it would be prudent to come up with a system/theme, and maybe a list, for people to try thier hand at.

I'm planning to continue that series of origins after Thanksgiving (got sidetracked doing a dinosaur origin, and too busy this week with work and the holiday).  Gearhead is likely to be the next I post, but no guarantees on that.  I know another person (@atminn on twitter) has been working on a Scientist origin motivated by that post, but I'm not sure if he has it publicly available anywhere.  I'd love to see other people's interpretations of the ideas.

The Tyrannosaur origin I posted last week is here (it also includes a reskinned version for use as a Sharkoid origin but since they are mostly the same, only one version should be on a given random table):  glimmthegnome.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/j... 

EDIT:  And now, I realize that Saurian and Sharkoid have already shown up on the thread.  Mine could be used as a different take on either theme.