Destiny of the Force the new set on Kickstarter

Ok so the Virtual set of Destiny of the Force is up at Kickstarter. This will be for the entire set of cards 1-60 and will be tournament legal for use.

We are 20% of the way to being fully funded after 18 hours. So if you are wanting to donate to it follow the link. Anyone who donates $20 will recieve a set of cards. Once we are done with the printing folks who did not donate will be able to order their sets normally.

The reason for doing the kickstarter to fund the printing is so that we can also give away sets to smaller playgroups or to playgroups that are mostly kids without jobs. So if you wish to donate here is the link:

kck.st/9vqmEA

Please understand I am not going to reveal the entire set if you donate that has been asked and it wont be happening.
team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network
I'm in.
Christopher West, Cartographer Maps of Mastery
Already donated!

I'm really looking forward to this set.
do you have any of the finished product pictures?
Yes.. but its still a secret!

I pledged!
I'm in
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
Have not been following this closely, so forgive me for asking, are these all uniques, or are any pieces grunts I'd want multiples of?
Photobucket
It's a 60 figure card based set.  It has uniques and non-uniques.  It follows the standard 60 fig set style. (Or is fairly close to it).  And like with standard rules you will really only need one card even to run multiple non-uniques, but if you want additional cards Dean and the others have made it clear it will be possible to get them.
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
And worse case scenario, you can print out additional copies of a card if you need more than one to keep track of.
Friendly bump.  Less than 60 days away now; can't wait. Smile

Any chance we can another preview (some stats, even if for a figure we already know about)... like on of the YV?
Friendly bump.  Less than 60 days away now; can't wait. Smile

Any chance we can another preview (some stats, even if for a figure we already know about)... like on of the YV?

???????????????
look around bud there are threads on such things Wink
I know, I've been following that thread with great interest (and thanks for maintaining it).  But, while there have been some additions in terms of figures, we've not gotten any new stats in quite a while (and no YV stats at all).  I was just hoping we might get at least 1-2 more per month until it comes out.  I'm not asking for a lot, just a couple of more teasers. Smile
can I buy 3 sets of cards on Kickstarter if I pledge $60? Or do I need to place 3 separate orders?

You don't have to. Dnemiller explained it pretty well to me on his online talkshow a few weeks ago. You can ask for a few more sets when you donate. The purpose of the the Kickstarter is primarly to get the of 400/500? sets printed. If you want more sets beyond the one gift, contact Dnemiller.

I know, I've been following that thread with great interest (and thanks for maintaining it).  But, while there have been some additions in terms of figures, we've not gotten any new stats in quite a while (and no YV stats at all).  I was just hoping we might get at least 1-2 more per month until it comes out.  I'm not asking for a lot, just a couple of more teasers. Smile

SWMgamers is really into hint dropping mode, head over there there are lots of threads devoted to V-Set talk.
What exactly does the $20 pledge get you?  A set of cardboard cards, an uncut sheet, the right to print them?

You don't have to. Dnemiller explained it pretty well to me on his online talkshow a few weeks ago. You can ask for a few more sets when you donate. The purpose of the the Kickstarter is primarly to get the of 400/500? sets printed. If you want more sets beyond the one gift, contact Dnemiller.

well, i haven't heard back from him yet, but it looks like they hit the goal, should i still buy them through kickstarter?

I know, I've been following that thread with great interest (and thanks for maintaining it).  But, while there have been some additions in terms of figures, we've not gotten any new stats in quite a while (and no YV stats at all).  I was just hoping we might get at least 1-2 more per month until it comes out.  I'm not asking for a lot, just a couple of more teasers.

I know, I've been following that thread with great interest (and thanks for maintaining it).  But, while there have been some additions in terms of figures, we've not gotten any new stats in quite a while (and no YV stats at all).  I was just hoping we might get at least 1-2 more per month until it comes out.  I'm not asking for a lot, just a couple of more teasers.

So what are you trying to say Dreadtech?

@DalsianDon
Sorry lads for some reason every now and again when i post here using a quote by another person my own words just somehow disappear. Do not know why? Had the same happen in PM's as well.

Anyway I was trying to say that the Jedi Seers full stats are now in post 1. and Nen Yim full stats are in post 2  in the V set Discussion list (Spoilers)

I think a lot will like the jedi seer.
Might want to hit up Gamers main page Dread
Good stuff over there
Thanks Bill, did not see that as i usally go state to the forum section.

OK thanks to bill 2 more full stats are now posted in the spoiler section. Cool
3 more previews are out there in cyberspace, see if you can be the first to find them all
Will the set still be available online to print off?  I'm assuming these ordered cards are more for the tourney scene?
Will the set still be available online to print off?  I'm assuming these ordered cards are more for the tourney scene?

yes they will.  The kickstarter was a community effort to print off professional cards for our own use.  I highly recommend getting a set, whether you plan to play in tournaments or not, considering the price is next to nothing
I'm in!
Or, if you don't want to BUY nonsanctioned copyrighted material from a commercial website that ought to know better, you could just download them from the spoiler thread. Probably safer.
And it's kind of in the spirit of the scores of downloadable maps you can find on the Holocron and elsewhere, where they were presented as just a gift for the love of the game. I kinda like that.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
I think they have stated a downloadable PDF would also be available.

They are not selling them. Now that that the initial price of printing is covered, the only cost is shipping. If anyone would just listen to them over the past month.
If that is so, then why the frenzied, manic attempts at suppression? No one is trying to "steal" the project or take credit. Printing costs are covered? Good. Ship 'em out! Eh, if you dare. People who want the actual cards will execute. But for those who want a look? Or even a download? Just exactly WHAT RIGHT does anyone have to get snippy when you put "Darth Revan" or "Mandalorian" on an amateur, unlicensed Star Wars product and then someone downloads it instead of letting you process it through a commercial website? Eh?
Biiiig difference between a map that happens to resemble a Star Wars theme, and with taking money - don't CARE if it's for "printing costs" - for products with licensed, patented material all over it. Better wake up and smell the juma, buckos. Seriously. You tread on thin ice indeed.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
I believe the whole point of getting the "official" cards was to make sure that everyone had the same card and nobody had one with "altered" stats.  For instance why did WOTC require the "official" card?  Same reason the Organized Play will require it (to ensure fair play).  Does it matter who sanctions organized play?  Since the same person runs it now as who ran it under WOTC I really don't see why people are so against a V-set and a continuation of the game we all love.  I know that I will continue to support organized play as once that is gone I am not sure what will keep the game alive cuz I sure don't see whoever bought the liscense out there producing anything that is compatible.

I am also fairly certain that if LFL had a problem with any of the proceedings they would have acted long before now as certain community members have been trying to undermine this project for as long as it has been an idea. 

I also know that SWCCG has continued on for quite some time since it was discontinued and LFL has no problem with that. 
In fact, SWCCG had a similar project with high quality V slip printouts. Didn't get shut down. Just because these cards are being made, doesn't mean the stats will not be available. They will. Just because they won't be in minimanager or bloomilk (at least soon), doesn't mean the stats won't be available online. This issue is far more than just leaking and spreading stats.
You make some good points, urbanjedi, and there is merit to the "hardcopy" thing. Perhaps a lot of tournaments will require one - IF, that is, they accept the cards at all. And that's really my boggle with the whole issue: it's NOT an "official" set, Hell it's not even licensed. It's FUN, but "fun" doesn't require a card. Just an image. Pretty easy to control tweaked cards, if the initial images are available.
And I also think... with the WotC license gone, boosters on Clearance everywhere you go, something like this is kind of... "a mote in God's eye." Even if noticed, not worth the trouble.
UNLESS, that is, it becomes a visible issue. Look at that idiotic Lightsaber/laserlight lawsuit. THAT had less merit than this!! But it went out for cash money. Lucas doesn't like cash money, unless he's getting part of it.
And that's where I'm coming from. Don't be a big enough bug to squash, and you'll probably be okay.
Now that I have the images, what if I professionally print my own cards?  Would they be legal in tournmant play?  What if I make a few changes to some of the images or artwork (not the stats), would they still be legal?

Just playing devil's advocate.

Smile
Photobucket
Even though I know you're just kidding around, I'll still say that regardless of how I feel about the conduct of some of these folks, I also think that modifying or mass-producing a project created by someone else would be morally wrong. Could someone get away with it? Mebbe. But "can" and "should" are two different things. I certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it.
"My jaw hurts and my mouth is starting to draw flies!"
Time for bed. Early one tomorrow.
You make some good points, urbanjedi, and there is merit to the "hardcopy" thing. Perhaps a lot of tournaments will require one - IF, that is, they accept the cards at all. And that's really my boggle with the whole issue: it's NOT an "official" set, Hell it's not even licensed. It's FUN, but "fun" doesn't require a card. Just an image. Pretty easy to control tweaked cards, if the initial images are available.
And I also think... with the WotC license gone, boosters on Clearance everywhere you go, something like this is kind of... "a mote in God's eye." Even if noticed, not worth the trouble.
UNLESS, that is, it becomes a visible issue. Look at that idiotic Lightsaber/laserlight lawsuit. THAT had less merit than this!! But it went out for cash money. Lucas doesn't like cash money, unless he's getting part of it.
And that's where I'm coming from. Don't be a big enough bug to squash, and you'll probably be okay.

It really depends on the playgroup. There are still groups that play without V cards for SWCCG, 8 years later. As I think Dean has said, it will mainly be an issue at Regionals and Gencon, which Gamers will be supporting.
Even though I know you're just kidding around, I'll still say that regardless of how I feel about the conduct of some of these folks, I also think that modifying or mass-producing a project created by someone else would be morally wrong. Could someone get away with it? Mebbe. But "can" and "should" are two different things. I certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it.

What are these morales you speak of...LOL!

Seriously, I was just thinking about somebody who knows how to professionally print cards.  I have an old friend who works in a print shop.  So if my friend professionally printed a single set of the stat cards would they be tournament legal?  I'm not going to do that, but it's a legit question.

Smile

Photobucket

What are these morales you speak of...LOL!

Seriously, I was just thinking about somebody who knows how to professionally print cards.  I have an old friend who works in a print shop.  So if my friend professionally printed a single set of the stat cards would they be tournament legal?  I'm not going to do that, but it's a legit question.

I would think that as long as judge deemed such a card to be the correct up-to-date final version, that it would be useable. Several of those cards are not correct, though.

@Imperator58: For someone who thinks its best to stay off Lucas' radar you sure do seem to be taking the opposite approach about it. Constantly railing on the community project in a way that draws attention to it - and especially given you have no real stake in it - well, I just find that baffling.

And you're not wrong about it being "amateur." But I will say this, I bought everything WotC put out for SWM. And before we did this set, I felt like most of my money was wasted. I loved the game and loved supporting it, but figs like Bastila and Revan and even Geonosian Drones set collecting dust in my EBoD (the Eternal Bin of Darkness), and have for a long time. That is all about to change... and its a very good thing.

The best thing to come out of the V-Set for me personally is the demonstration of what WotC could have done, what this game COULD have been, if they had made some slightly different decisions (ie the Yammosk instead of the Knobby White Spider, or the Darth Revan we designed instead of an 88-point unplayable figure).
Now that I have the images, what if I professionally print my own cards?  Would they be legal in tournmant play?  What if I make a few changes to some of the images or artwork (not the stats), would they still be legal?

Just playing devil's advocate.

I suppose that as long as the stats are the same it shouldn't matter. I mean.. if you colour with crayons all over the WotC cards, would they still be usuable? Yes, of course.

I would like to say that Les has done a huge amount of work on the graphics of the cards, and they do look great. If you want to replace some of the artwork (perhaps with a picture of your cusotm instead of the RM), then that would be up to you.

And yes, as said before, the cards will be free to download.. so you can go and print your own when they are released.
Sign In to post comments