Errata - Keep on the Borderlands (May Contain Spoilers)

18 posts / 0 new
Last post

Anyone who knows an error should state it here, then, if not already corrected, it shall be asked and errata made.

Anyone who has the power the wants to help keep this post up to date, please do.

Towards the end of the post is a section on how to read the errata if you are confused, but otherwise, here is the collected errata:

Session 1/Encounter 1-1 |No Current Errata|

Session 2/Encounter 1-2 |1 Current Errata|

Page 14; Paragraph Replacement

Tactics|Paragraph #2| Sal surrenders as soon as the characters are clearly gaining the upper hand. Choose an exciting moment. The other thugs try to flee.

Errata: Choose an exciting moment. As soon as the characters are clearly gaining the upper hand, the thugs try to flee.

Source: Author; Ask_the_Author- Post #2

Session 3/Encounter 1-3 |No Current Errata|

Session 4/Encounter 1-4 |No Current Errata|

Session 5/Encounter 2-5 |No Current Errata|

Session 6/Encounter 2-6 |No Current Errata|

Session 7/Encounter 2-7 |No Current Errata|

Session 8/Encounter 2-8 |No Current Errata|

HOW TO READ AN ERRATA IN THIS POST

Session and Encounter Numbers |Number of Errata Listed; Errors without Errata|

Page Number1; Type of Change2

Name of Section3|Number/Name of Paragraph/Stat Changed4|: Text containing Error(s)

Errata: Complete rewrite of the text with error(s)

Source: Where the error was turned into errata

1. This should be rather self-explanatory, but this is in the chapter booklet.

2. This is only for ease, and not completely necessary, but this is how the text containing errors is changed. If you must replace a paragraph to correct the error(s), it would say Paragraph Replacement. 

3. This can be trickier to explain, but it would be the larger, bold text that precedes the text containing errors. This may also be the name of a Creature Stat Block containing error(s).

4. This is the exact location of the text with error(s). This can be a Paragraph number(located by counting from the Name of Section, or the name of a monster's stat, or ability.

With this, you should be able to understand every part of my errata blocks. This is my first time doing this, so if you have any suggestions on how to improve this post, please help me.

It's a bird!  It's a plane!

No. . .

It's a Tanglefoot Bag!
(this thread is now made sticky). 
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Can I get a way to contact those who can make decisions based on this season as the Talk with the Author thread isn't being responded anymore. This week(passed) had a major missing element: the Armor Square, and without it, DM's had to either improvise, or I am sure in some cases, looked over/ignored it. I would like to update this thread as much as necessary, but with the current lack of support, eratta is very difficult.
There was another error as well:

Encounter 2-5

The Oozes had an immediate Reaction power that was usable when they took damage on their turn.  Since you can't use Immediate Actions during your turn it was useless...  I played it instead as a free action.

Always a GM, never a player (not really but sometimes feels like it).

Hex Grid UserPopcorn InitiativeAndroid UserD&DMapTools

DungeonScape

and without it, DM's had to either improvise, or I am sure in some cases, looked over/ignored it.

Our DM ignored it. He mentioned that it was supposed to be somewhere, but he couldn't figure it out.
- Rico
he ignored giving the party a level 5 magic suit of armor that was in the adventure as treasure for this encounter?  if so, that's a pretty **** thing to do.
honestly, since it was really just the location of where the treasure was, did the specific location REALLY matter? Just pick the middle of one of the larger pool areas. done!

but yeah, the immediate on their turn was a little off. we just crossed off the "on its turn" part. But then, I've decided this season I'm pretty much gonna run the mod as I feel anyway since that's what last seasons author kept saying "Make it your own". Treat the adventures as an outline to build on, not handcuffs to stick to.
There actually is a treasure square on the map, but it's just inside the next area (it's the big `T' on the map).  Clearly, the treasure was moved between editing and the cartography step.  I had no trouble putting it in a different water square (since I liked the description given in the encounter); I had the PCs roll Perception to see who spotted it first (but there was no chance that it wouldn't be found by *someone*).

This season's author has also said ``Make it your own'' (more or less) several times, and I've found that generally my tables are responding well to that idea.  One thing that I didn't do (but planned to, and forgot) was to get from everyone what type of armor they were wearing before the adventure, so that when they rolled to see who got the item, I could describe what they found appropriately.  I'm sure most of the players knew exactly what I was doing, but I think it helps the narrative flow anyway.

actually, the T is from the other map for the next encounter, and it's where the T monsters is. Its not the treasure square.
actually, the T is from the other map for the next encounter, and it's where the T monsters is. Its not the treasure square.

Good catch.  Quite possible that the wrong `T' was removed from the map during an editing step, then; I hadn't noticed that there was a `T' monster in the next encounter.   (The treasure square is supposed to be marked with a T, in case it wasn't obvious).

My point with this post is not to ridicule anyone, but mainly to point out that all of you were making assumptions. While this is okay at your table, this is an errata thread: not a thread where errors are assumed corrected, but officially corrected.

honestly, since it was really just the location of where the treasure was, did the specific location REALLY matter? Just pick the middle of one of the larger pool areas. done!

but yeah, the immediate on their turn was a little off. we just crossed off the "on its turn" part. But then, I've decided this season I'm pretty much gonna run the mod as I feel anyway since that's what last seasons author kept saying "Make it your own". Treat the adventures as an outline to build on, not handcuffs to stick to.

It does matter, as this is the ERRATA thread, not the WING IT thread. (No hostility intended)

There actually is a treasure square on the map, but it's just inside the next area (it's the big `T' on the map).  Clearly, the treasure was moved between editing and the cartography step.  I had no trouble putting it in a different water square (since I liked the description given in the encounter); I had the PCs roll Perception to see who spotted it first (but there was no chance that it wouldn't be found by *someone*).

This season's author has also said ``Make it your own'' (more or less) several times, and I've found that generally my tables are responding well to that idea.  One thing that I didn't do (but planned to, and forgot) was to get from everyone what type of armor they were wearing before the adventure, so that when they rolled to see who got the item, I could describe what they found appropriately.  I'm sure most of the players knew exactly what I was doing, but I think it helps the narrative flow anyway.

(Again, no hostility intended, though I have the tendency to sound--) You should notice it is a creature icon if it is a letter surrounded by a circle. That is why the ropes were marked with an "X".

Good catch.  Quite possible that the wrong `T' was removed from the map during an editing step, then; I hadn't noticed that there was a `T' monster in the next encounter.   (The treasure square is supposed to be marked with a T, in case it wasn't obvious).

Probably not, Wizards didn't even remove the part of tthe map hanging at the top, why would they try to remove a creature square? And if they did, like I stated before, I think they would use a different kind of mark than the creature squares, like for instance the ropes' "X"s.

Interestingly, I don't see anything ``official'' about any of your errata, and I'm wondering why you do?

The head of the program (Title:  D&D Organized Play Content Developer) told me that the `T' square was the intended location of the Treasure square, and that it was probably a mistake, and that we should put it whereever we felt was appropriate.  Is that `official' enough for you?
Interestingly, I don't see anything ``official'' about any of your errata, and I'm wondering why you do?

The head of the program (Title:  D&D Organized Play Content Developer) told me that the `T' square was the intended location of the Treasure square, and that it was probably a mistake, and that we should put it whereever we felt was appropriate.  Is that `official' enough for you?

Note the one errata does have a source. The author. Give me a source, and an EXACT location, and you have made an "Official" errata. So long as the source isn't full of it, that is.
As I said, I did not `assume' anything; I asked the head of the program, and reported what he said. 

Given that you don't have `official' errata for anything, and that the question concerns a session in the past, I doubt you'll find anything more official, but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to find something.
Please keep your posts polite, respectful, on-topic, and refrain from personal attacks and flaming, these are violations of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code here: wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg... . You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

Please return discussion to the topic of the thread, or it may need to be closed.

You are welcome to contact Customer Support at any time with questions and concerns that have not been addressed.

wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...

From the Email Us tab at the top use the dropdowns to select  Roleplaying Games>Dungeons & Dragons

Fill in the other information as applicable and let us know your thoughts!

As I said, I did not `assume' anything; I asked the head of the program, and reported what he said. 

Given that you don't have `official' errata for anything, and that the question concerns a session in the past, I doubt you'll find anything more official, but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to find something.

And given how there has been pretty much no (or very very seldom) "official" errata for ANY of the seasons, pretty much everything is going to be just suggestions and 'wing-it'. The best you can hope for really is semi-sanctioned 'wing-it' from the author or director, but even that isn't actually "official" most of the time.

Just sayin'
Can a mod please empty the irrelevant posts from this thread including this one?