Mixing Orgins from different list

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Seen the list of Orgins from Famine in Fargo and the method for rolling it was roll 1d6 (1-3 main list 4-6 Famine in Fargo List) to see what list you would roll your Orgins from. Not sure if maybe I miss read something but should that be roll 1d6 for each Orgin and not both on the same list. That way you could have Orgins from both list.

I think their idea probably is to have you roll both on the same list so as to preserve the 1-in-20 chance of Engineered Human.

But your way is probably how everyone's gonna do it.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
I think their idea probably is to have you roll both on the same list so as to preserve the 1-in-20 chance of Engineered Human.

Where did you see the list? I was thinking of creating a bunch of my own from some ideas I had, might as well take a look and make sure I'm not duplicating things that will be out next month. I hadnt seen anything about the content of the other sets; I wasnt even sure if they'd have origins and stuff.
Here's the list, in the "October and beyond" preview post:

www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.

Well, either way, the chance of rolling an engineered human is always the same as rolling any given secondary origin.

If you d6 once and roll on the same table, each secondary origin is 1/20.  If you d6 twice and roll on whatever table, each secondary origin is 1/40. 
Easy way to maintain the 1 in 20. If the d20 is the same, you can have Engineered Human, regardless of which table you're rolling on.

You roll d6 and d20, and get 2-14, so pyrokinetic.
You roll again and get 6-14, which is plastic.

Since you got 14 both times, you can choose Plastic or Engineered.

Pretty simple.
AlexandraErin: If last season was any indication, I think Encounters is pretty much the elemental opposite of "organized" play!
While that does keep the 1/20 for Engineered Human, it also makes it twice as common as any other combo.  Not implying that is inherently a bad thing...
Origins are one thing where a card mechanic would have been cool.  If you're drawing origins from a hat, as it were, you'd have no duplicates in the party (everyone has two origins that no one else has), and you can just toss in Engineered Human. 

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Origins are one thing where a card mechanic would have been cool.  If you're drawing origins from a hat, as it were, you'd have no duplicates in the party (everyone has two origins that no one else has), and you can just toss in Engineered Human. 

Or you can just houserule that if someone rolls something another player has, they're allowed a reroll if they want. Thats what we did in my game this past weekend.

While I disagree with most of your feelings on GW, I do agree with this one partially. I DO think a set of origin cards would've been a good idea, but only because its a pain managing multiple random tables across books.