Sunderpeak Temple standees?

29 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just curious is anyone making a set of this? Old School from the original AD&D monster manual art would be extra nice.

I'm second from the left in the picture.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Kendrith,

My FLGS doesn't have the module/kit yet. As soon as I get my copy, I will be more than happy to kick out a set.

Thanks for the reminder to use the older artwork for the monster images. Keep your eye on this thread.

Regards,

DDTWilson
DDT - that'd be awesome if you could help us out!
KJordan continues to deliver. I was going to see if Trevor created a forum just for Gamedays first, but here are paper fold-up minis for both PCs and monsters. The coolest part: They are in both new 4E and classic Original D&D looks!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Very nice KJordan thanks very much. Waiting with anticpation to see what other standees get posted.

@KJordan: You have outdone yourself with making 2 full sets! Thanks so much for all your time and effort.

@Alphastream1: Thanks for posting KJordan's work for the rest of us.

@Anyone who has a received their copy of the Module: My FLGS still has not received their copy of the module for September 11th's game. If someone could post a list of the monsters by encounter like ...

Encounter 1: Fur and Snow
2 x Rabid Dogs (D)
4 x Melting Snowmen (S)

(Please remember to post in an SBlock.)

... I will start working on a set of Figure Flats of my own, as well as making Lore Sheets for each encounter, and will post them as soon as I can get them done.

Thanks in advance,

DDTWilson

Show
Encounter 1: Guard Dogs
2 x Orc Archers with longbow,handaxe and leather armor
2x guard drakes
2x Common bandits with mace, leather armor and daggers for ranged attacks (optional 3rd common bandit for stronge group)

Encounter 2:Kobolds!
14x Kobold Tunnelers Javelins and leather armor (yeah thats fourteen!)
2x Kobold Slingers with sling leather armor and dagger(3rd optional slinger)
1x Battletested Orc with Scale armor, heavy sheild, battleaxe and handaxes

Encounter 3: Runic Defense
1x Orc Archer (as encounter one and optional extra for strong group)
2x Town Guards with Halberd, crossbow and chainmail
6x Orc Savages with Hide armor and Handaxes

Encounter 4: Vault of Fallen Heroes
1x Skeleton with Longsword (second skeleton optional)
6x Decrepit Skeletons with Shortbow and longsword
5x Grasping Zombies (no equipment)

Encounter 5: The Dragon's Lair
1x Blightborn a Fledgling Black dragon (its still a large creature)
2x Hobgoblin Battle Guards with Chainmail, heavy shield and flail
6x Orc Savages (with two extra as optional otherwise as encounter 3)

If you have any more questions reply or IM me.

@KJordan: You have outdone yourself with making 2 full sets! Thanks so much for all your time and effort.

@Alphastream1: Thanks for posting KJordan's work for the rest of us.

@Anyone who has a received their copy of the Module: My FLGS still has not received their copy of the module for September 11th's game. If someone could post a list of the monsters by encounter like ...

Encounter 1: Fur and Snow
2 x Rabid Dogs (D)
4 x Melting Snowmen (S)

(Please remember to post in an SBlock.)

... I will start working on a set of Figure Flats of my own, as well as making Lore Sheets for each encounter, and will post them as soon as I can get them done.

Thanks in advance,

DDTWilson

I'm working on lore handouts.... got'em typed, just need to format them.

You'd need lore for:

adventure spoilers

Orcs, kobolds, guard drakes, human bandits (=common bandit from MM1), decrepit skeletons, skeletons, zombies, and a black dragon

I don't think I missed anything, but I could be wrong.

@Kedrith: Thanks for taking the time to type all that information so quickly. Due to work and family issues, I won't have time to create the Figure Flats for the Module. I will be using the fine figures from KJordan. I was able to get the Lore Sheet done.

Sunderpeak Temple Lore Sheet

I have made a sheet containing all the Lore for the Module:

www.4shared.com/document/B2uzvC8_/Sunder...

Enjoy!

DDTWilson

Those standees are so cool.  Thanks!

Are folks planning to use the modern graphics or "classic" graphics?  I'm torn!
I'm Using the "classic" ones

KJordan sent me some more cool stuff. A pdf with Magic Item cards and Monster Lore!

Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Because I'm specifically targeting my run of the event at brand-new players, I'll use the new ones.
KJordan sent me some more cool stuff. A pdf with Magic Item cards and Monster Lore!

These are neat - but don't you get the magic armor/weapon after the final encounter?  I guess I don't understand the point.  (Not a complaint.  Just confusion.)
Technically, they may return to a skipped encounter after the conclusion. Even if they don't, the eye candy may be cool for new players. I know my 6th-grade-self would have wanted it because I would probably keep playing the PC.

These are neat - but don't you get the magic armor/weapon after the final encounter?  I guess I don't understand the point.  (Not a complaint.  Just confusion.)

Basically, it is just for those who might expand the adventure or have new players who might get a kick out of seeing the treasure. I haven't decided if I am going to use them myself or not...

Kerry
Am I alone in having no PC cards in my pack, or am I missing something?

I still need to verify I have enough, but I'm currently planning on using miniatures.

I think the "classic" would be pretty cool with a group containing mostly old 1st ed. guys, but I suspect new players just wouldn't be impressed.

Kerry

PC cards should have been included. You can download the characters from www.wizards.com/rpga/downloads/Red_Box_G....

Kerry
Technically, they may return to a skipped encounter after the conclusion. Even if they don't, the eye candy may be cool for new players. I know my 6th-grade-self would have wanted it because I would probably keep playing the PC.

Good point about the skipped encounter.  I don't think I'm going to go that direction, but some DMs might want to keep going if the players can't get enough.

PC cards should have been included. You can download the characters from www.wizards.com/rpga/downloads/Red_Box_G....

Kerry

Thanks for that. That's potentially a lot of printing for the day, I'll try giving the UK Wizards' office a bell in the morning, and see if they can get them out to me.
Thanks for that. That's potentially a lot of printing for the day, I'll try giving the UK Wizards' office a bell in the morning, and see if they can get them out to me.

WotC UK seem to have stopped including the character cards in the kits. Whether it's deliberate or a mistake, I'm not sure, but they weren't in the Dark Sun Game Day kit either. 

Not sure how well yellow-backed character sheets will print - I might end up doing something different with them, if I get time.

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

Not sure how well yellow-backed character sheets will print - I might end up doing something different with them, if I get time.

pedr, willfuqua has created a white-backed set here for easier B&W printing.
Chatting with the UK office this morning; the kits apparently now arrive here pre-packed with three maps, one adventure, and no character cards. These are sent separately via e-mail. And whilst the office is trying to get this changed (to obtain an electronic copy of the adventure at least), the same applies throughout Europe.

So much for "Just for participating you’ll take home the pregenerated character sheet of the character you played." (D&D Events - D&D Gamesday page) They'll get one of the limited number of B&W copies that I'll print off at my own expense before Saturday...
Chatting with the UK office this morning; the kits apparently now arrive here pre-packed with three maps, one adventure, and no character cards. These are sent separately via e-mail. And whilst the office is trying to get this changed (to obtain an electronic copy of the adventure at least), the same applies throughout Europe.

So much for "Just for participating you’ll take home the pregenerated character sheet of the character you played." (D&D Events - D&D Gamesday page) They'll get one of the limited number of B&W copies that I'll print off at my own expense before Saturday...

That is absolutely nuts! Three maps and one adventure?

I suspect you may need to look into scanning and re-printing the adventure (as much as I hate to advocate that). There is just no way to prep and run more than one table otherwise. Of course, they could send you one kit per table you have, and then you could give away the extra maps to players or other judges. Still, very strange.

Alpha, do you know who to ask to create a new forum (under the same D&D group) for gameday discussions like this?  It seems like it would be a nice improvement.  (On the same topic, seems like we need an encounters season 3 forum set up as well.)  I just don't know who to ask.  Thanks!
Alpha, do you know who to ask to create a new forum (under the same D&D group) for gameday discussions like this?  It seems like it would be a nice improvement.  (On the same topic, seems like we need an encounters season 3 forum set up as well.)  I just don't know who to ask.  Thanks!

Great minds think alike, or in this case, your great mind and my mind....

I actually raised with Trevor the idea of having a separate Gameday forum folder yesterday. We will see what happens (I haven't heard any response). I also asked for the season 3 folder to come up in preparation for the fun.

I will be taking a step (way) back this upcoming season. I am going to focus on my Dark Sun home campaign and will not be running or playing the upcoming Encounters season. It pains me to do that, but the break will also keep me from burning out. I am sure others will fill my shoes when it comes to encounter prep and advice for newer DMs. I note that the gameday adventure is very friendly to new DMs, so perhaps the upcoming season will be as well. Have no fear, it is nearly impossible to keep me quiet for long...

LOL is just sent Trevor a message asking him to open a Worldwide Game Day discussion area.

"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not let my mind wander. It's too small to go off by itself"

Danilo Thann

Hey, the more, the merrier!

Sign In to post comments