Pro Tour-Amsterdam 2010

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sound off here about Pro Tour-Amsterdam, which starts Friday, September 3.

The Top 8 webcast is Sunday, September 5 at 10:45 a.m. Amsterdam time.

Here's a handy time zone guide to figure out when the webcast starts in your neighborhood:

• Los Angeles: 1:45 a.m.

• Chicago: 3:45 a.m.

• New York: 4:45 a.m.

• Rio de Janeiro: 5:45 a.m.

• London: 9:45 a.m.

• Rome/Berlin: 10:45 a.m.

• Moscow: 12:45 p.m.

• Tokyo: 5:45 p.m.

• Sydney: 6:45 p.m.

Having a hard time reading the feature match recaps because some of the pictures are covering large blocks of text. If someone could fix that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MTG Rules Advisor Autocarding helps a lot -> [c]Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas[/c] = Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas "But keep in mind when the internet dies with the electrical system in 2012, you can still play paper magic, while digital cards will have gone the way of the dodo. In the post apocalyptic world, magic cards will be our currency!" - Samot, explaining to someone the ramifications of switching to MTGO!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Came to report I am having the same problem. Using IE if it matters.

Coverage is unreadable due to the pictures.  I give up.

If you guys are running IE8 take it out of "Compatability View".  If you're running IE7 or earlier, get a real browser.  (I recommend Opera.)

If you want a quicker but clumsier answer, Go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced.  Scroll down to where it says "Show Pictures" and uncheck that.  Then you'll be viewing pages with no images loaded.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

"Vampire Hexmage and Dark Depths lost the legendary land portion of the combo as Coldsnap rotated." -- Bill Stark

Extended didn't rotate, it was gutted.

I have liked the Punishing Fire + Grove of the Burnwillows combo since Kibler used it in his Zoo deck. It does keep the battlefield clean!

Interested to see if any Pyromancer Ascention decks get into the top 8 or if Ad Nauseum is just better.

Hope Conley Woods makes a good showing this PT.

On the draft viewer, is there a reason you don't show the deck that each of the pros built?

"Vampire Hexmage and Dark Depths lost the legendary land portion of the combo as Coldsnap rotated." -- Bill Stark

Extended didn't rotate, it was gutted.

Indeed. Let's just hope they actually get the result they are looking for with this move.

The good news is they have the Pro Tour thread where everyone can actually find it again. Hopefully we'll see some good participation now that it is not in a secret location.  I'll be able to catch some of the first round due to my current night-owl shift. Used to be lucky to get up in time to see the end.
What's the hold up on round 7? Was there a break?
2 of my favorite Magic players are Undefeated Conley and Brad. Can Brad Nelson run ANY better? Jesus
first he got Nantuko Shade, which traded with the attacking Infantry Veteran
I hope they never change the intro to the videos. It is the greatest thing ever!
I might actually watch the podcast at 445 am.  Go Brad!
Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa not playing Faeries or a blue control deck? Oh, my! I actually hope he does well this time.
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
Standings from round 11 to 13 and pairing for round 14 show round 1 information. Please fix.
Budde playing on Sunday would be so awesome.
I'm only up to round three in reading recaps, but Conley's choice of maindeck Meddling Mage looks brilliant for this format.
Wow, half the last chance qualifier decks were nearly identical Mythic decks.

*boring*
Pretty incredible Top 8, Thomas Ma is the only "no name" player (at least to me he is).
I hope they have good coverage of Brad vs Kai.  Sounds pretty epic right there :P
That is one sick top8
our new, happy life
Two similar control decks ("Teferi's Last Stand") could conceivably make it to the top table. Chances are not good for it, but I personally would enjoy it over the creature features littering the rest of the field.
I hope they have good coverage of Brad vs Kai.  Sounds pretty epic right there :P

Well, they're going to start with that match.. no doubt about it.

When Finkel did his big comeback we didn't miss a second, I hope they'll do same with Budde.
How were the Limited and Constructed results pooled? It seems to me that it was the draft performance what gave those players a top8 spot with the actual Extended results being somewhat irrelevant, which is quite disappointing.
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
How were the Limited and Constructed results pooled? It seems to me that it was the draft performance what gave those players a top8 spot with the actual Extended results being somewhat irrelevant, which is quite disappointing.

The results are pooled like in any swiss event (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). There were 6 rounds of draft and 10 rounds of extended. Nobody in the top 8 lost more then two rounds of constructed. You had to not be terrible at draft to top 8, but the 10 rounds of constructed weren't in any way irrelevant.

There were MORE rounds of Constructed than Limited, so quite the opposite is true: the Constructed portion mattered more than the Limited portion.

In fact, Kai went 3-3 in Draft and 9-1 in Extended. So, Extended ended up being super-relavent for him.
Hi all.

My name is David Lyford-Smith, and I'm the judge that'll be running the push tool today.

This means that the little card window that appears on the coverage button, as well as the match scores, will be determined by my hand today!

I'll also be keeping an eye on the forum for today's power-packed Top 8, so let me know what you are thinking and what you are seeing.

The best way to get through to the commentary team is by hitting up their Twitter, and tagging your post #ptams is the way to get it picked up.

Looking forward to it!

P.S.: Don't forget that we have some awesome Scars of Mirrodin preview cards to talk about today! 
im rooting for kai. best magic player of all time.
that new rule sounds really dumb
Richard Hagon, it was worth waking up at 4:30 am to see your stunning suspenders.  Thanks for always bringing such class to the Magic Pro Tour.
that new rule sounds really dumb

What's the new rule?
At Amsterdam, the top seed on the Swiss rounds can choose the Play/Draw on each of their first games.
I couldn't quite hear - was the conceding contest in the last round of Swiss  between Nelson and Lybaert (so one wouldn't have to face Budde in Top 8) a joke?
No, that actually happened.
Kai Budde - the MtG terror since forever Tongue out
I really wish we could go back to the Kai/Nelson game.
I really wish we could go back to the Kai/Nelson game.

This.

Feels strange to be disappointed for seeing Wafo-Tapa or Kibler play, but compared to Kai Budde it is.
Only 3 ppl got in HoF?

Quite disappointing, especially Jonsson should have got in.

I liked that moment where Rich wants to plug the new cards a little and BDM's politely like "uh, no, maybe we should watch the match that's about to finish instead."

Also, I'm too distracted by the fact that it's prerecorded to really absorb the HoF announcement.  But certainly that's all the people who should have been locks.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Kinda disapointing matches, but oh well. I was rooting for Fffreak so he could use the prizemoney to buy a new shaving apparatus.
our new, happy life
Sign In to post comments