DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post

Show
I am not sure on how to format this correctly so forgive me.

Notes:
This is a work in progress, he is only level 7 so I just randomly picked his powers.
The concept is a suicide bomber Tiefling Hybrid Wizard|Warlock who wants to watch the infidels burn. 
I wanted a character to have the option to hurt crowds of enemy's and do massive single target DPR. 
I burrowed 2 ideas from this thread (Gloves of ice and  Subtle Incendiary dagger +4 over Staff of Ruin and gauntlets of blood) so props to Landsknecht73!
I just wanted to test his potential and see what you gentlemen think.  

Concept/Tactics:
Mode 1 Solo Slayer:
He is to be played very aggressively with no care for personal well being. Every turn he draws an attacks of opportunity to reuse white lotus riposte. He keeps his AC as low as possible  to try and guarantee him being hit.
Flaming sphere - Minor action set it up and let it wreath in about 42 fire damage a round

Mode 2 All kids out of the pool:
Scorching blast and other encounters to keep the hordes of infidels in check.

To Hit
Hellish Rebuke + 21
+6(con) +8(level) +4(enhancement) +1(superior implement) +2(CA) [+1 if bloodied]

(I don't know what to add into the secondary hellish rebuke damage so i am going to arbitrarily drop 4 damage off of it. Nor do I know the average reflex of a level 16 mob so i am going to say i have an 80% hit chance)(So basically help me correct this math with the crit damage)

DRP = 109.2 ~ ???

First Shot Hellish Retort White Lotus Riposte
1d6+2d6+41 1d6 + 37 1d6 + 41

51.5(.8) +40.5(.8) +44.5(.8) = 109.2 DPR Pre Crit

Break Down
+6Con
+4Enhance
+4Enhance Off Hand
+3 Pact of Cania
+4 Hellfire Arcanist
+3 Fundamental mastery
+3 Khyber Shard
+3 Superior Implement
(+4 Subtle property)
(+5 Vulnerable Cold)
(+2 Gloves of Ice)
+41

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Azazel, level 16 
Tiefling, Wizard|Warlock, Academy Master
Infernal Pact (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Reflex
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Arcane Admixture Power: Hellish Rebuke
Background: Durpar (Durpar Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORESStr 9, Con 22, Dex 14, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14.
STARTING ABILITY SCORESStr 8, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 22 Fort: 24 Reflex: 23 Will: 21HP: 93 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Thievery +15, Bluff +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +14, Heal +8, History +12, Insight +8, Intimidate +10, Nature +8, Perception +10, Religion +12, Stealth +12, Streetwise +10, Athletics +7

FEATS
Level 1: Hellfire Arcanist
Level 2: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 4: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 6: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 8: Destructive Wizardry (retrained to Blood Pact of Cania at Level 15)
Level 10: White Lotus Riposte
Level 11: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 12: Arcane Admixture
Level 14: Arcane Fire
Level 16: Wintertouched

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Scorching Burst
Hybrid at-will 1: Hellish Rebuke
Hybrid encounter 1: Cursebite
Hybrid daily 1: Flaming Sphere
Hybrid utility 2: Memory to Mist (retrained to Devil's Trade at Level 5)
Hybrid encounter 3: Fire Shroud
Hybrid daily 5: Hellsworn Blessing
Hybrid utility 6: Fire Shield
Hybrid encounter 7: Fire Burst
Hybrid daily 9: Mordenkainen's Sword
Hybrid utility 10: Darkest Mirror
Hybrid encounter 13: Frostburn (replaces Fire Burst)
Hybrid daily 15: Prismatic Beams (replaces Mordenkainen's Sword)
Hybrid utility 16: Stoneskin

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Summoned Layered Plate Armor +2, Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +4, Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +4

RITUALS
Knock, Disenchant Magic Item, Hand of Fate, Seek Rumor, Transfer Enchantment====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Reflex of a level 16 monster is 28 on average, so your hit chance is lower than 80%.
Hellfire Arcanist gives a +3 bonus in paragon, the bonus that shows up on your powers in the CB is wrong, read the text of the feat.
When creating a level 16 PC, you get items of level -1, level, and level +1, and gold equal to level -1 (160000 gold total if you take gold instead of the items), so you would not be able to get all of those items at level 16.
Enemies will know that you can attack them from white lotus riposte/master riposte, so they can choose to not attack you.  You have no way to enforce the riposte, so you should not count it for DPR, or apply a percentage to it that it will be triggered (not 100%).  Also, you cannot use master riposte when you provoke an OA on your turn, it is an immediate action and cannot be used on your own turn.
Some of your damage (subtle, cold vulnerability, shadowrift triggering rebuke damage) requires you to hit with a previous attack, so you need to reduce that damage by your miss percentage from the previous attack.
CA requres you to have hit with a previous attack, so you need to reduce the CA attack bonus by your miss percentage from the previous attack.
Drop the shadowrift blade to a lower one so you take less damage and so you can actually afford one.
A monster's reflex is going to be 12+level = 12+16 = 28.  If you ignore crit dice what are your chances of hitting him. If you're going to assume the monster is going to attack you by provoking why do you need the shadowrift blade?  They'll be hitting you as well as the rest of the DM's angry mob.  You'll last, I think, 2 rounds before you drop.  Provoking the DM both with cheese and Attacks of Opportunity is not a good idea.  You'll quickly be surrounded and 1 OA = lots = death.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Drop the shadowrift blade to a lower one so you take less damage and so you can actually afford one.
A monster's reflex is going to be 12+level = 12+16 = 28.  If you ignore crit dice what are your chances of hitting him. If you're going to assume the monster is going to attack you by provoking why do you need the shadowrift blade?  They'll be hitting you as well as the rest of the DM's angry mob.  You'll last, I think, 2 rounds before you drop.  Provoking the DM both with cheese and Attacks of Opportunity is not a good idea.  You'll quickly be surrounded and 1 OA = lots = death.

Yeah I had not slept in 2 days when i wrote this lol so i know it needs work. So like I said it needs tweaking. 

1) The shadow rift blade is for when you do go up against controller/solder style solo's who don't always take AoO's. So i will drop it to the +3 deal your self 5 like you suggested.

2)I will probably drop damage to increase my chance to hit. To increase chance to hit and because I was miss calculating White lotus riposte, It should do 3 Hellish Rebuke damages followed by 4 every round so 3/4/3/4/3/4.

3)The Tactic is going to be just on solos and elites so im figuring about 15-35 damage a round when he gets hit, no sweat really if your doing over +100 DPR (Our party is almost all strikers and our leader gets bored anyway lol)

4) Thinking about getting surrounded. What do you think about his  items focus around teleport/invisibility?

As is, at level 7 Every time he is surrounded and in a pinch his tactic is to pull up a firesheild/flaming sphere actionpoint/Fireshroud and minor activate his summoned full plate then will use a cape of the montebank to get out of dodge after they move up to claim their squishy prize.

Thanks for the armor values for the mobs, what DON'T you get to add into the second hellish rebuke?

Also, you cannot use master riposte when you provoke an OA on your turn, it is an immediate action and cannot be used on your own turn.
Some of your damage (subtle, cold vulnerability, shadowrift triggering rebuke damage) requires you to hit with a previous attack, so you need to reduce that damage by your miss percentage from the previous attack.
CA requres you to have hit with a previous attack, so you need to reduce the CA attack bonus by your miss percentage from the previous attack.

Yikes looks like the build needs a major overhaul if you cant white lotus riposte on your turn. I thought you only get one imme interrupt a round, i didn't know it could not be used on your turn. So scratch the 3/4/3/4 above.

One this was a "new" level 1 DPR king: Goliath Fighter 1 (Weapon Talent: Two-Handed) with 20 Str/16 Con and Brash Strike, Goliath Greatweapon Proficiency and a Maul.

+10 (+5 Str, +2 Proficiency, +1 Weapon Talent, +2 Brash Strike) to hit for 2d6 + 10 (5 (Str) + 3 (Con) +2 Feat) damage.  Against AC 15, that's 0.75 chance to hit for 17 average damage, and 0.05 chance to crit for 22 damage, which equals 13.85 DPR.  With combat advantage, damage goes up to 15.55.  Defenses: 17/17/10/11.

If you can assume 66% or higher combat advantage (I'm assuming that for any build, you just assume a set % of the time it has combat advantage), the above build is replaced as damage king by a Human Brutal Scoundrel Rogue with Backstabber/Weapon Focus, 20 Dex/14 Str, and a dagger, using Piercing Strke (vs. Reflex 13).  To-hit is +9: +5 Dex, +3 Proficiency, +1 Weapon Talent (and maybe +2 CA).  With CA, on a hit damage is 1d4 + 2d8 + 5 Dex + 2 Str + 1 feat.

DPR for the Rogue build is 18.95 with combat advantage, or 7.3 without.  Defenses: 17/13/18/11.
I would like to submit Mr. Reliable to the DPR King thread. He's sitting at 152.66 DPR specced as a tank build. With Master of Moments, a many fingered glove and a 3rd ring of free time, the DPR would go up by 38.83 to 191.49 DPR.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
I would like to point out that Mr. Reliable relies on a faulty interpretation of Hammer Rhythm (which goes out of its way to say that it doesn't get any effects from your weapon, yet this build applies them anyway), so that may affect its DPR value.
Please replace my "Brutal Dwarf of Mercy" entry with Achilles.
The latter is a BM build that in fact is a full Defender and Striker, and as such is a much better demonstration of what a BM / Brutal Barrage can do.
Updated DPR Numbers: 70.6 DPR @ L16; 179.3 DPR pre-MS / 210.8 DPR post-MS @ L30
I'm adding a new key element and mass marking all post-1st level builds with the tag:

& Rare/Uncommon item usage

From the article where they released this ...stuff. I quote the reason I'm turning it into a key element instead of requiring all further builds to be item power free.
"As the release of the Dungeons & Dragons Essentials products draws near, we’re showing off the rules updates and new options available in these products." (emphasis mine)
Thus I will continue this thread as though it didn't exist except for the little note of requiring all of you to most likely need this extra symbol, like the @ is used for dragon material, which we all use anyways.

I've blindly added this key on all builds (except level 1).  If you disagree, check your build and see if it relies on an item which happens to have a daily item power then be sad because you can no longer get it of your own accord. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
I'm adding a new key element and mass marking all post-1st level builds with the tag:

From the article where they released this ...stuff. I quote the reason I'm turning it into a key element instead of requiring all further builds to be item power free.
"As the release of the Dungeons & Dragons Essentials products draws near, we’re showing off the rules updates and new options available in these products." (emphasis mine)
Thus I will continue this thread as though it didn't exist except for the little note of requiring all of you to most likely need this extra symbol, like the @ is used for dragon material, which we all use anyways.

I've blindly added this key on all builds (except level 1).  If you disagree, check your build and see if it relies on an item which happens to have a daily item power then be sad because you can no longer get it of your own accord. 

Another option is to waive the flag if the build only uses 1 rare or uncommon item per tier, since the article states that "the rules assume that the DM hands out one rare item per character per tier."  It would still be up to people to check their characters to see if they're using more than 1/tier.

Another option is to waive the flag if the build only uses 1 rare or uncommon item per tier, since the article states that "the rules assume that the DM hands out one rare item per character per tier."  It would still be up to people to check their characters to see if they're using more than 1/tier.

Since WotC is most likely going to mass mark all items with powers on them as uncommon, which will be equally unavailable as rares, and that most of the builds rely on items that happen to have powers simply "using" only 1 powers is insufficient.  If you can somehow have only items, one of which has a power then I'll remove the key.  In the future when they label uncommon items, I feel they should be easy enough to get through twisting your DM's arm, but RAW we technically cant.  I guess RAW we shouldn't be able to liquidate the L+1, L, 2*(L-1) items and go on a shopping spree but we do anyways.  I guess you will need to be able to do exactly that but with commons.  
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I wouldn't raise the alarm flag on uncommons just yet, my friend. The description says "few people in the world can craft them". Given the previous statements that uncommons would be available for PC's to make (which were also on the WotC site), a PC ritual caster might just be one of those few.
Please replace my "Brutal Dwarf of Mercy" entry with Achilles.
The latter is a BM build that in fact is a full Defender and Striker, and as such is a much better demonstration of what a BM / Brutal Barrage can do.
Updated DPR Numbers: 70.6 DPR @ L16; 179.3 DPR pre-MS / 210.8 DPR post-MS @ L30

*push*

My build uses battlecrazed, which has a daily, i'm not using the power, so i don't know if it counts.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

My build uses battlecrazed, which has a daily, i'm not using the power, so i don't know if it counts.

This.
How many builds actually use the daily power of items equiped?
Sorry for the off topic but it would be a good indication to show that the new uncommon/rare system uses a wrong criterion to classify items.
All the build affecting items are good for their constant properties, some also have a daily power and some do not.
Some builds will not be possible without DMs approval while others will, not because they are overpowered but because they where unlucky to use items for their property that also have daily powers.
There is a high probability that they will mark all items with daily power as uncommon at least.  Therefore any, even if you don't use the daily power, you'll probably be based on an uncommon item.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
There is a high probability that they will mark all items with daily power as uncommon at least.  Therefore any, even if you don't use the daily power, you'll probably be based on an uncommon item.

Agreed.  I think they pretty explicitly stated that items with daily powers are at least uncommon.  Whether you use the daily power or not doesn't change that it's an uncommon item.

I'll reiterate my earier suggestion (which I don't think I made myself clear on), which is that since the rules assume that players have 1 rare per tier, then there doesn't seem to be any over-reliance on magic items if an epic level build uses a total of 3 or fewer uncommon/rare items.  If your 30th level build uses 4 or more uncommon/rare items, then the "& Rare/Uncommon item usage" tag would be appropriate.  That's a pretty conservative estimate as well, so when the actual rules appear you might be able to go a little easier than that.

Even if we don't yet know the rarity of all the items, it looks like you'll at least get 1 item per tier that could be any of the existing items without an over-reliance on rare/uncommon magic items.

Agreed.  I think they pretty explicitly stated that items with daily powers are at least uncommon.  Whether you use the daily power or not doesn't change that it's an uncommon item.

I'll reiterate my earier suggestion (which I don't think I made myself clear on), which is that since the rules assume that players have 1 rare per tier, then there doesn't seem to be any over-reliance on magic items if an epic level build uses a total of 3 or fewer uncommon/rare items.  If your 30th level build uses 4 or more uncommon/rare items, then the "& Rare/Uncommon item usage" tag would be appropriate.  That's a pretty conservative estimate as well, so when the actual rules appear you might be able to go a little easier than that.

Even if we don't yet know the rarity of all the items, it looks like you might at least get 1 desired item per tier that could be any of the existing items without an over-reliance on rare/uncommon magic items.

fify.  DMs are encouraged to obey the wish list, but RAW you are not guaranteed the items spelled out in the build.  Depending on how pervasive the uncommonizing beast will tear through AV and AV2 I may just separate the 2, rare/uncommon, for those that don't use the system at all, although I may get alot of hate mail saying they don't like builds that use 9 rares.  We'll see.  If you're trying to better your build and the one you're using as a guide and you already have your rare and the build relies on 3 then you're out of luck.

DPR King Candidates 3.0
Hey Borg; on page 91 I posted up a daily nova aimed at killing 2 level 35 solo's in one round, which, although it has a lot of not completely worked through math, has specifically erred on the low side for it's final damage number.  I also know it's got some other assumptions in it, but I was wondering if it might qualify for your nova section, primarily as an idea for other people to work with.  If not, might anyone point me towards the primary problems with the build, and I'll see if I can adjust them to a workable level?
Hey Borg; on page 91 I posted up a daily nova aimed at killing 2 level 35 solo's in one round, which, although it has a lot of not completely worked through math, has specifically erred on the low side for it's final damage number.  I also know it's got some other assumptions in it, but I was wondering if it might qualify for your nova section, primarily as an idea for other people to work with.  If not, might anyone point me towards the primary problems with the build, and I'll see if I can adjust them to a workable level?

Could you right click on the post number and copy the address and paste it as a reply.  My page numbers don't coincide with yours.  Sorry for not getting to it.  I'm used to discussion then a final "ok" from people as most builds that have amazying results often do.  I'll add it in and hope that others will give it a look over.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
It's post 903 - I'm on my mac right now... and .. I suck with macs, so I don't know how to right click with it.  *shame face*

Anyway, I don't completely mind if it doesn't get posted - it certainly has a lot of unorthodox assumptions.  I was mostly hoping for more discussion - most of the daily nova's seem to simply take average damage, and disregard miss/crits, whereas I prefer one that still includes those two numbers - that way, you know the baseline, and you know that a leader will increase it.  

So here's to hoping someone will take note.

Incidentally, I have determined that a Half-Orc Avenger has the single best MBA in the game, getting 130 DPR at level 30 (which, due to crit free attack, means that if he charges he gets over 225 DPR off of a single attack.)

Given this, I have decided that, for pure damage output, the Ranger is no longer the king.  Half-Orc Avengers are simply better.  Of course.. the Half-Orc Avenger has much worse durability than the Ranger, perhaps prohibitively so (especially if you are of LDB's mindset on defenses).  I'll post up the complete MBA build tomorrow in a seperate thread (32 DPR at level 6, 63 at level 16; the earlier levels simply show that the 228 at level 30 isn't the only thing the build can do).

(Note: This claim also assumes that something will happen to brutal barrage, and that hellish rebuking is not something everyone will want to do.  The Marilith Summoner simply doesn't work at lower levels, nor does it have any nova ability to speak of, so it doesn't count as an overall DPR king.) 

(Also note:  I'm specifically making this claim reasonably contentious so that I might get some discussion with it.) 
My MBA build, One Stroke To Kill Them All:

And post 903, my unorthodox daily nova:

Okay, this is a tweak of my original completely none item Dependant build, MacGuyver.

Any generic +6 weapon will work.

I'm using a falchion (Two-handed).

MacGuyver

MacGuyver, level 30
Revenant, Ranger, Stormwarden, Radiant One
Build: Two-Blade Ranger
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style
Ranger: Prime Shot
Choose your Race in Life: Half-Elf
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 15, Dex 15, Int 24, Wis 24, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 8.

AC: 44 Fort: 34 Reflex: 39 Will: 38
HP: 196 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 49

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 4: Melee Training (Intelligence)
Level 6: Weapon Master
Level 8: Half-Elf Soul
Level 10: Adept Dilettante
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 12: Prime Punisher
Level 14: Power of the Sun
Level 16: Hobbling Strike
Level 18: Vicious Advantage
Level 20: Called Shot
Level 21: Slashing Storm
Level 22: Lethal Hunter
Level 24: Prime Quarry
Level 26: Font of Radiance
Level 28: Armor Specialization (Hide)
Level 30: Devastating Critical

POWERS
Dilettante: Virtuous Strike

ITEMS
Elderhide Armor, Magic Falchion +6

Initial To-hit

+7 Wis
+15 Half Level
+3 Prof
+6 Enh
+3 Expertise
+2 Prime Shot

= 53 (60%)

The damage is... pitiful until you've already hit them, so I'll skip it.

To-Hit and Damage after initial hit, and until I miss.

+7 Wis
+15 Half Level
+3 Prof
+6 Enh
+3 Expertise
+2 Prime Shot (Prime Quarry)
+2 CA (Hobbling Strike)(Viscious Advantage)

= 37 (75%)

5% chance to crit and do:

+6d6 Magic Weapon
+3d6 Font of Radiance
+6d4 High Crit
+1d10 Devastating Crit

Damage:

4d4
+7 Wis
+6 Enh
+3 Focus
+5 Called Shot
+7 Radiant One
+8 Power of Sun Vuln
+1 Versatile

+2d8 Quarry

=37 On-Hit (+ 2d8)

Blade Storm: 2 (dex) + 7 (radiant one) + 8 (Power of Sun Vuln) = 17 Regardless of hit

Twin-Blade Storm: 2 (dex) + 7 (radiant one) + 8 (Power of Sun Vuln) = 17 Regardless of hit

Slashing Storm: 7 (wis) + 7 (radiant one) +8 (Power of Sun Vuln) = 22 provided I hit last turn (Assumed)

=56 Regardless of hit.

So, including crit damage, hit damage and RoH: DPR: - 101.20, with no item dependency at all, (other than weapon being magic.)

Wolf.

Being able to only use 1 attack power throughout your career, and it only comes online at paragon is quite a big sacrafice.  You tried to go straight ranger and couldn't do better?  Loosing all daily powers and encounter powers is quite painful.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

This build isn't actually meant to be played (Like so many of my builds... lol). It's just an exercise is Theorycraft.

And besides, I can use basic attacks too Wink

I can't remember exactly why I went in the direction I went with this, it was a few months ago - this is just a tweak (Adding about 26 DPR).

If anyone can beat the damage with no item dependency using nothing but Ranger powers... awesome! Laughing

Wolf.

This is a build i'm working on doing the damage calcs for on my Dark sun campaign, premise is a half-elf gladiator monk, using heavy blades and ranger multiclass and adept dilletante our at will is based on con, we add con mod to damage, and con mod flurry of blows can trigger twice a round easily.  The build i'm posting here is made specifically for level 16 with only the next few levels in mind, I'd like to find some way to work crit mastery in for an epic version, and if needed to play below paragon you'd have to suit up with slightly closer con/dex scores for lower level play.

This Version uses inherent bonuses so has +3 weapon/armor

This is just bare bones, all the encounter powers are picked for movement modes, most of the dailys are stances or the gladiator daily bloody blades, this character has great mobility as well as decent at will damage and a ton of healing surges.

Gladiator Monk/Ranger, Soaring Blade lvl 16, 68.2 DPR

hypaflurry, level 16
Half-Elf, Monk, Soaring Blade
Monastic Tradition: Iron Soul
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Ki Focuses)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 24, Dex 18, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 18, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 30 Fort: 29 Reflex: 26 Will: 24
HP: 111 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 27

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 2: Melee Training (Constitution)
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Versatile Expertise
Level 8: Unarmored Agility
Level 10: Action Surge (retrained to Two-Blade Warrior at Level 11)
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 12: Adept Dilettante
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Wintertouched

POWERS
Dilettante: Twin Strike
Power User Choice: Iron Soul Flurry of Blows

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Blurred Strike Ki Focus +1, Ki Bastard sword +1, Farbond Spellblade Bastard sword +1, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Deep-Pocket Cloak +2, Flowform Githweave Armor +3, Gloves of Ice, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold x2 (+3 cold damage, not used in my dark sun but here for optimization purposes)

Attack: Twin Strike, Two Attacks
 + 23 (25 with CA) vs AC ( +7 Con, +8 Lvl, +3 Prof, +2 Exp, +3 Enh) (5% Crit, 75% hit, 20% miss)

Damage - 1d10 + 26 ( +7 Con, + 2 Feat, +3 enh, +4 Item, +5 Vuln, +5 Gloves of ice and dragonshard)

Crit Damage - 3d8 + 36

Iron Soul Flurry of Blows for each hit -  +9 Damage (+11 on first attack)
Damage calcs done with an app i downloaded, not positive if it was all run right, was run assuming cold vuln

EDIT - It occurs to me now that i spoofed and have two blade warrior without 13 str, in any case i think you can main approx the same single target dpr with a double sword and brutal flurry, just carry the farblade longsword in the cloak.

Hybrid Fighter/Ranger Charge maunt

lv: 6

Race: Bugbear +2 Str +2 Dex

Str  20, Dex 17

Feature: Hunters Quarry(Hybrid)

Feats:
Surprising  Charge, Mounted Combat, Weapon Proficiency (Gouge [DSCS]), Weapon Expertise  (Axe)

Items:
Vanguard Gouge +1 (Book AV1), Horned Helm (Book PH1), Dire Boar  (Book AV1),
 Iron Armband of Power (Book AV1),

Charge whit   combat advantage
Attack: +15 vs AC
Hit: 2d8(Brutal1) + 2d8(Brutal1) +  1d8 +  1d6 + 1d6 + 10     
Breakdown:
Attack: 3 (lvl) + 5   (Str) + 1  (Ench)  + 2 (prof) + 2 (combat advantage) + 1  (charge) +1 (Weapon Expertise Axe)

Damage: 2d8 (Weapon) + 2d8 (Surprising Charge) + 1d8 (Vanguard) + 1d6 (Horned Helm) + 1d6 (Qarry) + 5 (Str) + 2 (Wis) +  1  (Ench) + 2 (Iron Armband of Power)

15/20=0,75

Charge  0,75*41,5=31,125
Crit on Charge 0,05*66,5=3,375
Boar on  charge make gore, +9 vs AC, 1d10 + 9, push 2 and  knock prone (= 8.2 DPR  (Ch)

31,125+3,375+8,2=42,7

[DSCS]= Dark Sun Campaign Seting

tight budgetbut in dark sun you get a set enhansment bonus optional roule but i dont think dark sun  got a boar so i dont know if its valid as a top dpr

if no armband it dos 41,05

Coments please
Coments please

why assume CA? it's usually omitted from all non-SAing builds.
non-SAing builds?
non-SAing builds?

Sneak Attacking.  Typically Combat Advantage is assumed only for rogues, Charging is assumed for dedicated chargers.  I accept anyone to post a build with CA even if they can't always guarantee it for the sake of helping Rogues to compete, knowing I will put (CA) with your DPR to flag your dependence.  If you can achieve high DPR without it doing so is advisable.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
ok then i know but its hard +2 to attack at hard to beat i can build things that can haw a plase on the list but it feals not woeth puting them upp if they arent top 5
ok then i know but its hard +2 to attack at hard to beat i can build things that can haw a plase on the list but it feals not woeth puting them upp if they arent top 5

Don't really worry about place on the list. You will find the top spots are all full of very very broken and exploitive builds (also, rangers). If you can get decent DPR as say, a Druid or Seeker, then go for it, I am sure others will be interested.
what is decent dpr
so far i dot a seeker lv6 that dos 17,7175 dpr if i calculate corectly
Borg285's signature has some good guidelines
Baseline Striker DPR : 2*level+6 (4 round striker)
Highly Optimized DPR: 4*level+12(2 round striker)
Nerfbat please          : 8*level+24(1 round striker)

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I found a nice new arena feat in DSCS, and put it to use on this rogue. no mounts, no charges, just catch 22.

40.19 DPR (CA) Bugbear Brutal Rogue|Swordmage (6th) by tl (8@&)

forum is acting weird today, and links don't work normally, so if that one doesn't work, this one should
Based on 40.19 DPR (CA) Bugbear Brutal Rogue|Swordmage (6th) by tl (8@&), this

Githzerai Brutal Rogue

Dex 20, Str 16
feats:
Versatile Duelist (Dragon Magazine 381), Urikite Staff Practice (DSCS), Weapon Expertise (PH2), Githzerai Blade master (Dragon Magazine 378)

gear:

Battlecrazed Bastard Sword +2 (AV1), Iron Armbands of Power (AV1)

Longsword Riposte Strike
Attack: +16 vs AC
Hit: 1d10 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 15
   secondary attack: +12 vs AC
   hit: 1d10 + 1d6 + 14       
Breakdown

First Attack
Attack:    3 (lvl) + 5 (Dex) + 2 (Ench) + 3 (prof) + 1 (feat) + 2 (CA)
Damage: 5 (Dex) + 2 (Ench) + 3 (Str on SA) + 1 (versatile) + 2 (Bracers) + 2 (feat)

Secondary Attack
Attack:    3 (lvl) + 4 (Str) + 2 (Ench) + 3 (prof) + 1 (feat)
Damage: 4 (Str) + 2 (Ench) + 1 (versatile) + 2 (Bracers) + 3 (Urikite) + 2 (feat)

DPR (CA): 0.8*(31+0.85*0.3*3) + 0.05*(50+0.85*0.3*3) + 0.85*(0.6*23+ 0.05*37) = 41.25275 (CA)       

Urikite
if we hit with the riposte strike, next attack before EoNT that hits same target gets 3 to damage. all nice and dandy if actual riposte hits, but there's a chance Riposte Strike hit (0.85) and interrupt didn't (0.3), meaning we'd get +3 to damage with the next round's Riposte Strike

Riposte Strike is from DSCS
what is so good about Urikite Staff Practice, doesn´t backstabber or weapon focus grant more dpr in this case
It seems a Warlock|Paladin is better at Eldritch Striking at level 1 than a pure Warlock:

Level 1 Human Warlock|Paladin
20 Charisma or Constitution
Mindbite Scorn
Crimson Fire
Eldritch Strike
Greatsword (It actually does more damage than a maul due to the high curse damage)

Hit %: (7+8-1)/20 = 70% = .65 + .05 crit
Damage: 3d10 [1d10 greatsword 2d10 curse] +5 = 33/2 + 5 = 21.5
Critical: 35

DPS (MBA): 21.5(.65) + 35(.05) = 15.725
DPS (Ch): 21.5(.70) + 35(.05) = 16.8
DPS (CA): 21.5(.75) + 35(.05) = 17.875
DPS (Ch+CA): 21.5(.80) + 35(.05) = 18.95

And that's without trying to figure in Divine Challenge or other reactive effects.
Githzerai Brutal Rogue
feats:
Versatile Duelist, Urikite Staff Practice, Weapon Expertise, Githzerai Blade master

you don't have Brutal Scoundrel class feature (missing Hybrid Talent), so you don't get Str to damage.
what is so good about Urikite Staff Practice, doesn´t backstabber or weapon focus grant more dpr in this case

Backstabber gives you 2 to damage (4 on crit) when you hit with riposte strike.
Weapon Focus gives you 1 to damage whenever you hit. obviously Backstabber > WF.

Urikite gives you 3 to damage if one of next two attacks hit (0.7 + 0.3*0.85 = 0.955) after you hit with riposte strike.
0.955*3 = 2.865, obviously better then Backstabber. (since both rely on hitting with 1st Riposte Strike)
the rouge i built is pure rouge no Swordmage

way ar yours a Rogue|Swordmage

ok then it is beter
Sign In to post comments