DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tiefling Battlemind (268 DPR) 

Warning, uses multiple vulnerabilities (fire, frost, radiant, psychic) . Btw, i also created a slide based Battlemind with 600 DPR here (relies on specific mark of storm interpretation however).  

Edit: Now 306 DPR (added TWO). Still no damage calcs for headmans chop...

Tiefling Battlemind

Revenant(Tiefling)

Battlemind/Morninglord/Radiant One

Str 21
Con 26
Dex 13
Int 16

Relevant Feats:
Wintertouched (CA)
Lasting Frost (frost 5)
Psychic Corruption of Malbolge  (fire + psychic 6)
Axe Mastery + high crit axe etc
TWF + TWO

Relevant Items:
Battlecrazed Weapon (+3d6)
5x frost gauntlets lvl 17 = 1x lvl 23  (+3 cold / +4 cold on milestone)
iron armbands
ring of giants
Shard of Ice
pelors boon

Attack Bonus Sources:
+15 (Level)
+8 (Constitution)
+6 enhancement (+6 Weapon)
+3 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+3 (Proficiency)
Total: +37  

Damage Bonus Sources (brutal barrage):
3d6 (battlecrazed)
8 (con)
3 (radiant one)
3 (cold gauntlets)
10 (radiant vuln morninglord)
6 (fire vuln malbolge)
5 (cold vuln frostcheese)
8 (pelor's boon)
Total: 53.5  

additional sources for damage rolls (brilliant recovery):
+4 (feat)
+6 (enh)
+6 (item)
+5 (shard)

DPR (1PP expended): 4*0.6*(53.5) + 4*0.1*(106.5) + (1-(0.9⁴))*(0.6*81+0.1*149.5) + (1-(0.7⁴))*2*(0.6*81 + 0.1*149.5) + (1-(0.7⁴))*(1-(0.9⁴))*(0.6*81+0.1*149.5) = 306 DPR

(brutal barrage hit+ crit + TWO , BB miss + 2x brilliant recovery + TWO chance for them)

Nice ! That's the over 300 I once estimated full radiant abuse at if you calc with three attacks after the Milestone.
Good call with Battlecrazed - see above for more cheese options. But you definately forgot Headman's Chop... And you could also dual-wield to switch enhancements mid-sequence and trigger TWO. You don't need big Ws (1W on BR, no W on BB).

Can you folks get it past 400 after my sleep (-> now Laughing) and work tomorrow ? ;)

How's the stance on using consumables on a round to round basis ?
Is it feasable to assume that if I can pay for 100 rounds (10 encounters with 10 rounds each; harder encounter have more rounds but lead to quicker leveling) well enough within my per-level GP, I can use those ?
How's the stance on using consumables on a round to round basis ?
Is it feasable to assume that if I can pay for 100 rounds (10 encounters with 10 rounds each; harder encounter have more rounds but lead to quicker leveling) well enough within my per-level GP, I can use those ?

the discussion on that starts on post 807.  832 is Nelphine's conclusion on the matter.  Please contact him to get his analysis on using ammunition.  If you can afford 160 rounds worth then go for it.  if the consumable scales and you need the higher level one then the ammunition discussion would be helpful.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Thanks - 160 is easy.
The hack I'm working on is so totally cheese (and just proof of concept anyway) that some extra cheese ain't matter.
Thanks - 160 is easy.
The hack I'm working on is so totally cheese (and just proof of concept anyway) that some extra cheese ain't matter.

remember that reagents can't be used on at-wills.
Right, check the updates... always check the updates... Foot in mouth

As what would an 1 PP augmented Brutal Barrage count then. PHB3 p216 at least strongly suggests that it's not an at-will power anymore. Thoughts ?
Because if it counts as an at-will, it closes this one door but certainly opens a few others (how promising I'll have to check).
Oh right - I forgot to post my conclusion on ammunition; when I went through my level by level analysis of using ammuntion I find that for about 3/5 of your life you use ammo with an enhancement bonus of typical -2 (so if you would normally have a +5 weapon, your ammo will be +3 from level 21-23, and +4 from level 24-25).  However this is not a hard and fast rule; and low-mid paragon suffers rather badly from not being able to keep up with ammo costs.

But in order to have ammo of even that calibre, you generally have to leave your armour and neck enhancements one point behind where you would normally be; you have 0 miscellaneous equipment, aside from the basic must-haves from a DPR point of view (you get bracers, gloves and shard; literally, you can't afford anything else), and your neck and armour are completely mundane; you can't afford a level 13 item instead of +3 magic armour, or a level 24 item instead of +5 magic amulet (note: in fact, at level 13 you'll probably have +2 magic armour, and level 24 you'd have a +4 magic amulet due to the reduced enhancement bonus).

All that being said, if you do use ammunition without regard to any other equipment, then your DPR can increase by a very large margin (even with only +5 Frost Bolts, the level 30 character hits 180 DPR; without the ammunition, the level 30 character has 129 DPR.)
Updated the thread.  Please tell me if I missed your candidate.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
At level 30, LDB's and my Battlemind are effectively the same - LDB just made an error and gave Brilliant Recovery 2Ws, when it's in fact only a 1W power unaugmented.

But would you mind deciding if - just for this thread - you want to count an augmented Psionic power as at-will or not. The former let's me use feats like Impending Victory, the latter instead opens Reagents.
At level 30, LDB's and my Battlemind are effectively the same - LDB just made an error and gave Brilliant Recovery 2Ws, when it's in fact only a 1W power unaugmented.

But would you mind deciding if - just for this thread - you want to count an augmented Psionic power as at-will or not. The former let's me use feats like Impending Victory, the latter instead opens Reagents.

Lemme check with CS.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'm surprised there's no Essentials builds here yet.

Lvl 1 Half-Orc Slayer
20 Dex

Beserker's Charge stance
Feat: Melee Training Dex
Weapon: Greatsword

Assuming you charge
[sblock Attack:12]
5 (Dex)
3 (Proficiency)
2 (Berserker's Charge)
1 (Weapon Talent)
1 (Charge)
[/sblock]

[sblock Damage 15.5]
5.5 = Greatsword
5 (dex)
5 (heroic slayer)
[/sblock]

DRP
15.5 * .8 = 12.4

The rogue could probably do better.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Get two level 2, and grab an Avalanche Hammer along w/ Weapon Prof: Mordencrad?  (Avalanche Hammer is a level 4 item, so you might not be able to justify until level 3.. )

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I got my response from CS saying that even fully augmented at-wills do count as neither encounter nor daily powers.  That leaves me to believe that they are always at-will with all forms of augmentation.  As such an augmented Brutal barrage gets the crit range from that psionic PP, and whatnot.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Warning, uses multiple vulnerabilities (fire, frost, radiant, psychic) . Btw, i also created a slide based Battlemind with 600 DPR here (relies on specific mark of storm interpretation however).  

Tiefling Battlemind

Revenant(Tiefling)

Str 21
Con 26
Dex 13
Int 16

Relevant Feats:
Wintertouched (CA)
Lasting Frost (frost 5)
TWF + TWO

Relevant Items:
iron armbands
ring of giants
Shard of Ice
pelors boon

Attack Bonus Sources:
+15 (Level)
+8 (Constitution)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+3 (Proficiency)

3d6 (battlecrazed)
8 (con)
3 (radiant one)
3 (cold gauntlets)
6 (fire vuln malbolge)
8 (pelor's boon)

+4 (feat)
+6 (enh)
+6 (item)
+5 (shard)

DPR (1PP expended): 4*0.6*(53.5) + 4*0.1*(106.5) + (1-(0.9⁴))*(0.6*81+0.1*149.5) + (1-(0.7⁴))*2*(0.6*81 + 0.1*149.5) + (1-(0.7⁴))*(1-(0.9⁴))*(0.6*81+0.1*149.5) = 306 DPR

(brutal barrage hit+ crit + TWO , BB miss + 2x brilliant recovery + TWO chance for them)

Question. How are you dealing fire damage with your powers? Only your Tiefling can take advantage of the Fire/Psychic vul. granted by PCoM, so unless you can deal fire/psychic damage consistantly or an ally is adding one or both damage types to your weapon somehow, I would put that damage aside or listed as "conditional".

Tiefling Battlemind

Revenant(Tiefling)

Str 21
Con 26
Dex 13
Int 16

Relevant Feats:
Wintertouched (CA)
Lasting Frost (frost 5)
TWF + TWO

Relevant Items:
iron armbands
ring of giants
Shard of Ice
pelors boon

Attack Bonus Sources:
+15 (Level)
+8 (Constitution)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+3 (Proficiency)

3d6 (battlecrazed)
8 (con)
3 (radiant one)
3 (cold gauntlets)
6 (fire vuln malbolge)
8 (pelor's boon)

+4 (feat)
+6 (enh)
+6 (item)
+5 (shard)

Um, Where's the fire damage coming from? all i can find is fire vulnerability.

Infernis
Radiant One, L21 feature: add Int Fire & Randiant with CA to all damage
Got another Godslayer nova for you, Borg: Psionic Power gave the Ranger a new toy in the Master of Moments, and the resulting fireworks bring back memories of the Lord of the Pits. Here's the link.
Finally finished my BM Twink:
-- Level 16: 128.9 DPR // 276.2 AP Nova DMG
-- Level 30: 1012.4 DPR (1435.7 DPR post MS) // 2141.0 AP Nova DMG
An improvement on langeweile's Murderous Mind at level 16: The Blender (2,8). DPR: 190 (255 with PP)

The non-item specific version of the same (simply dropping all items and replacing the longsword with a generic +4) does 62 DPR (83 with PP)

The build's encounter nova (510 Damage) is simply 2 1PP Brutal Barrages:

Also, my previous level 16 nova candidate should be in the daily, rather than the encounter section.

Thanks.

edit: updated damage after realizing I can't take telekinetic savant.

edit 2-3: added nova round damage, then realized it wasn't nearly as high as I thought. still high, though.

edit4: Level 30 version with 1095 DPR is here

It's not the top o' the pile, but Dark Sun Muls and the new Essentials Dwarfs have an interesting Level 1 build.

Fighter (2-Hand talent)
Str 20, Con 16
Dwarven Weapon Training

Brash Strike with Mordenkrad:
+5 Str, +2 prof, +1 weapon talent, +2 Brash Strike = +10 vs AC
2d6 Brutal 1, +2 DWT, +5 Str, +3 Con = 18 average damage, 22 crit

(0.75 * 18) + (0.05 * 22) = 14.60 DPR 
Having seen LDB and Langweile posting awesome Daily Nova's, I decided to try my hand at it.

In order to set this bar as high as possible, I deliberately did one thing which is definitely grey at best.  (And really, RAI, simply doesn't work.  But as you could very easily have an ally with the same ability, and daily nova's often assume ally help, this doesn't actually seem a big problem.)  The gold budget is also a little high (perhaps 3 million over budget); but again, in actual party play, if you wanted to do this kind of nova, someone might be willing to lend you a Ring of Free Time for 2 rounds.  As such, this is a rather theoretical Daily Nova, but not as theoretical as it initially seems.

The Final Number: 3154.986537 damage in one Nova round with one Prep Round.
Guestimated Real Number: 3800

The Build:  'Massacre of the Gods'
Show

Half-Orc Avenger/Ardent Champion/Eternal Seeker
Str 18->28, Con 13->20, Dex 10->14, Int 8->10, Wis 13->16, Cha 10->12
Feats (In no particular order)
Urgrosh Proficiency, Expertise, Silvery Glow, Epic Resurgence, Anger Unleashed, Skill Power (Insight Riposte), Overwhelming Critical, Deadly Axe, Headman's Chop, Strength from Pain, Power Attack, Black Hood Student, Black Hood Executioner, Lasting Frost, Vistani Heritage, Vistani Foresight, Student of Battle, Ferocious Critical

Powers
Encounter:
23 Nonchalant Collapse
17 Storm of Blades
27 Hurricane of Blades

Utility:
Oath of Enmity (Prep)
16 Skill Insightful Riposte
16 Vorpal Weapon (Prep)
22 Time Stop (Prep -2)
26 Haste 12 Battle Rapture (Prep)
2 Eldritch Speed (Prep -1)
10 Sigil of Luck (Prep)
6 Winged Weapon (Prep)
30 Shock and Awe (Warmaster)

Daily:
29 Ultimate Confrontation (Prep)
25 Summon Imp (Prep)
19 Blade Cascade
20 Irrestistible Ardor

Item:
Belt of Titan Strength (Nova)
+6 Battlecrazed Urgrosh
+1 Battle Fury Battle Axe
Gloves of Ice (Epic)
Iron Armbands of Power
Ring of Free Time (Prep -1)
Crown of Victory
Ring of Free Time (Prep -1)
+6 Torc of Power Preservation
+5 Starweave Battle Harness
Frozen Whetstone (Epic)

The Prep Round and Nova Round: (Using 3/4 encounter powers, 4/4 daily powers, 7/7 utility powers, 1 item encounter power and 3/3 item daily powers)
Show

Prep: 
Ring of Free Time: Time Stop: Battle Rapture, Battle Fury
Free: Drop Battle Axe, Draw Urgrosh
Ring of Free Time: Summon Imp
AP 1: Winged Weapon (triggers Shock and Awe on Imp who is really me, granting me a standard action on my next turn; also triggering Eternal Action granting me a second action on my next turn)
Standard: Sigil of Luck
Move: Oath of Enmity
Minor: Frozen Whetstone (Epic)
Eldritch Speed: Vorpal Weapon
AP 2: Ultimate Confrontation (triggers Shock and Awe on Imp who is really me, granting me a standard action on my next turn; also triggering Eternal Action granting me a second action on my next turn)

Nova:
Free: Belt of Titan Strength
Minor: Haste: Hurricane of Blades
Free: Torc of Power Preservation (Hurricane of Blades)
Minor: Nonchalant Collapse
AP 2a: Hurricane of Blades
AP 2b: Blade Cascade
AP 1a: Irresistible Ardor
AP 1b: Hurricane of Blades
Standard: Hurricane of Blades via Epic Resurgence

The DPR Math (which is horribly inaccurate, but at what I believe to be an acceptable level):
Show

To Hit (Rolling Twice Oath of Enmity):
+15 lvl +9 str +6 enh +2 prof +3 feat +1 power +2 bloodied = +38 vs Fort 47 (Nonchalant Collapse) 
= 16% miss, 30% crit, 54% hit
+15 lvl +3 wis +6 enh +2 prof +3 feat +2 CA (prone) +1 power +2 bloodied +3 Insightful Riposte +4 Ferocious Critical (99%)
= +41 vs AC 49 (Irresistible Ardor) = 12.25% miss, 30.25% crit, 57.5% hit
+15 lvl +9 str +6 enh +2 prof +3 feat +2 CA (prone) +1 power -2 Power Attack +2 bloodied = +38 vs AC 49 (all others) 
= 25% miss, 29.5% crit, 45.5% hit

Assuming Nonchalant Hits, ignoring Ultimate Confrontation, assuming at least 1 critical before Irresistible Ardor, assuming 1 critical on the first attack of any action before the final Hurricane of Blades, assuming Irresistible Ardor hits/crits, assuming the first 3 attacks of Blade Cascade hit, assuming Torc of Power Preservation works.

# Attacks:4+1+4+3+1+4+4+1 = 22

Damage:
Discounting Prone, Discounting Ferocious Critical, Discounting Ultimate Confrontation

Hurricane of Blades + 2 Blade Cascade + MBA:
2d12 +6 enh +9 str +4 feat +6 whetstone +5 lasting frost +1d10 +15 battle rapture +5 sigil of luck +10 power +5 bloodied +3d6 battlecrazed +4 gloves of ice +6 item +1d6 imp +9 power attack
= 13 +5.5 +10.5 +3.5 +84 = 116.5
Crit: 24 + 10 +18 +6 +84 +3d12 +6d6 +9 = 151 +19.5 +21 = 191.5
Total: 19 * (0.455 * 116.5 + 0.295*191.5) = 18 * (53.0075 + 56.4925) = 19 * 109.5 = 2080.5

Nonchalant Collapse:
2d6 +6 enh +9 str +4 feat +6 whetstone +1d10 +15 battle rapture +5 sigil of luck +10 power +5 bloodied +3d6 battlecrazed +4 gloves of ice +6 item +1d6 imp 
= 7 + 5.5 + 10.5 + 3.5 + 70 = 96.5
Crit:12 + 10 + 18 + 6 + 70 +6d6 +9 = 125 + 21 = 146
Total: 0.54*96.5 + 0.3*146 = 52.11 + 43.8 = 95.91 

Offhand Blade Cascade:
2d6 +6 enh +9 str +4 feat +6 whetstone +5 lasting frost +1d10 +15 battle rapture +5 sigil of luck +10 power +5 bloodied +3d6 battlecrazed +4 gloves of ice +6 item +1d6 imp +6 power attack= 7 + 5.5 + 10.5 + 3.5 + 81 = 107.5
Crit:12 + 10 + 18 + 6 + 81 +6d6 +9 = 136 + 21 = 157
Total: 0.455*107.5 + 0.295*157 = 48.9125 + 46.315 = 95.2275

Irresistible Ardor:
2d12 +6 enh +3 wis +4 feat +6 whetstone +5 lasting frost +1d10 +15 battle rapture +5 sigil of luck +10 power +5 bloodied +3d6 battlecrazed +4 gloves of ice +6 item +1d6 imp 
= 13 +5.5 +10.5 +3.5 +69 = 101.5
Crit: 24 + 10 +18 +6 +69 +3d12 +6d6 +9 = 136 +19.5 +21 = 176.5
Total: 0.455*101.5 + 0.295*176.5 = 46.1825 + 52.0675 = 98.25
Total 'Easy' DPR: 2369.8875

Headman's Chop:
15% Ultimate Confrontation critting = 0.15*5*22 + (0.85* 84% nonchalant hitting/critting = 0.714)*5*21 + (0.136*29.5% first Hurricane critting = 0.04012)*5*20 + (0.09588*29.5% second Hurricane critting = 0.0282846)*5*19 + a tiny little thing I won't bother doing but rather will guestimate until the number is small enough to not bother with.  By this point, there is a very good chance the enemy is prone.
= 16.5 + 74.97 + 4.012 + 2.687037 + 1.4 + 0.9 + 0.6 + 0.4 + 0.2 + 0.1 = 101.769037

Ferocious Critical:  When do we have a 99% chance of having had at least one crit? After the 3rd attack of the initial Hurricane of Blades.  Therefore, we will simply assuming 18 attacks benefit from Ferocious Critical.17 of these attacks get +4 to hit (Irresistible Ardor already assumes it), increasing their hit chance by 15% and their crit chance by 1%.
This results in the +4 damage adding a total of:
17*0.91*4 + 1*0.8775*4 = 61.88 + 3.51 = 65.39 and the extra +4 to hit = 17*0.15*116.5 + 17*0.01*191.5= 297.075 + 32.555 = 329.63

This also adds extra damage from Headman's Chop = 14.2 or so.  

Total: 343.83

Ultimate Confrontation:
Rather difficult to calculate truly accurately.  I'll arbitrarily assume I miss on the 3rd, 9th, 10th and 13th attacks.  
This results in: +1W +1W +2W +3W +4W +1W (offhand) +1W +2W +3W +4W +5W +5W +5W +5W= +41d12 +1d6.  30% are crits (all d12s) and 70% are hits. = 3.5 + 12.6*12 + 28.4*6.5 = 339.3

Total Damage: 2369.8875 + 339.3 + 343.83 + 101.769037 = 3154.986537

Please note:  There are a LOT of finnicky little calculations I have arbitrarily not included.  There should in fact be quite a bit more damage from Ferocious Critical, and from Ultimate Confrontation.  

However, there should be a reduction in damage from the possibility of the first 2 or 3 Hurricane of Blades not having CA from Prone.  I would guess the final total to actually be somewhere near 3300.

Additionally:  If anyone can figure out any single freaking power that would give a say.. +4 power bonus to hit until end of next turn that I could use in the prep round, I would increase my chance to hit by +3.. which would increase my damage dramatically (as seen with Ferocious Critical).  If I assume a leader adding something like +8 to hit, it would go up even higher.

Therefore, in actual play (although this build would be uber not good from level 1-21), this build would probably do closer to 3800 damage on it's nova round.  And since all numbers assume a level 35 monster, that is enough to kill 2 level 35 solo Gods, if your controller can just put them next to each other and prevent them from doing anything nasty to you on your turn.

This then is the vision for the Massacre of the Gods. 
I had a bit of a play with a Warlock Charger. Still room for improvement, but I am getting some nice numbers... The key trick is using polearm momentum to knock prone, which, combined with Kulkor Arms Master, gives a second Eldritch Strike as a free action. The build can charge every turn thanks to Ethereal Sidestep and Eladrin chain giving at-will teleport 4. The build relies upon isolating enemies in order to take advantage of prime punisher and called shot, so make sure your party knows about that.

Level 24 Revenant Charger
Cheese: @

DPR: 126.50

Using the gp value of items of level +1, level, 2x level -1 as available gp.

[spoiler DPR calcs]
Chance to have hit last round: 0.94 (1- (0.05 +(0.05 x 0.15)))

To-Hit: +30(36) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage - applies 94% of the time due to Deadly Draw)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)
(+1 Charging)

Charge Damage: 2d10 (3d10 with CA) + 2d6 + 2d6 + 38 thunder and cold damage (73.5 / 79)
Crit: 5d12 + 82 (92 with CA) thunder and cold damage (114.5 / 124.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
+4 Iron Armbands of Power
+2d6 Thundergod's
+2d6 Horned Helm
(+1d10 Surprising Charge)
(+5 Called Shot)

Cold Vulnerability - 5 (applies 94% of the time and to every secondary attack)

Curse: 3d6 (11.5)
Crit: 18

Secondary Attack:
To-Hit: +30(35) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage - applies 94% of the time due to Deadly Draw)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)

Damage: 2d10 + 38 cold damage (49)
Crit: 5d6 + 58 cold and thunder damage (75.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
(+5 Called Shot)

Secondary Attack DPR:
= 0.8 x (44 + 5) + 0.05 x (75.5 + 5)
= 47.23

Total DPR:
0.94 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (124.5+ 18 + 5 + 47.23)) + 0.06 x (0.8 x (73.5 + 10.5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (114.5 + 18 + 47.23))
=126.50
[/spoiler]

[spoiler Build]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Warlock Charger, level 24
Revenant, Warlock, Kulkor Arms Master, Demigod
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Spear)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Constitution
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Wisdom
Choose your Race in Life: Tiefling
Arcane Admixture Power: Eldritch Strike

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 27, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 22, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 37 Fort: 35 Reflex: 32 Will: 35
HP: 154 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Thievery +21, Insight +23, History +17, Endurance +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Streetwise +13, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 2: Battle Awareness
Level 4: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 6: Versatile Expertise
Level 8: Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
Level 10: Bloodhunter's Flank (retrained to Surprising Charge at Level 11)
Level 11: Polearm Momentum
Level 12: Weapon Focus (Spear)
Level 14: Prime Punisher
Level 16: Called Shot
Level 18: Primed Curse
Level 20: Arcane Admixture
Level 21: Lasting Frost
Level 22: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 24: Deadly Draw

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Strike
Infernal Pact: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep

ITEMS
Thundergod Greatspear +5, Eladrin Weavemail Armor +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Badge of the Berserker +5, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
Remaining gp: 182,000 ish
[/spoiler] 

I have a few questions about this build:

1.  Is there a reason why you're not taking Impaling Spear in order to target Reflex instead of AC?  Eldritch Strike counts as a MBA and you already have to MC into a martial class for the PP.

2.  Am I correct in thinking that this build actually lacks an Implement for all the Warlock powers besides Eldritch Strike?  If so, is there any way to fix that drawback?  All the ways I can think of would require another class (Warlord, Assassin, Monk) or going Hybrid.

3.  Why is Wisdom pumped up so high?  I seem to be missing the advantage of it beyond what's needed for Polearm Momentum.

Edit - 4.  Would it be worth it to make room in the build for White Lotus Riposte and Master Riposte?  If the enemy starts its turn prone and adjacent to you, then it looks like it's likely to draw yet another attack - either by attacking you or by drawing an OA by charging or making a ranged attack while you're adjacent.  Another MBA would outdamage a few of the feats already in the build.
As per white lotus riposte, I can see no other option for the monster.  It is indeed a catch 22 with a few exceptional exceptions (teleport is all I can think of).  If you can hit them and prone them then by all means assume the catch 22.  Love it.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Borg: I think you accidentally changed the DPR on Langeweile's build, rather than adding mine. 

Thanks for running this thread, btw. 
check.

Edit: I'm just happy that I could make a format that allows so many people to collaborate easily.  My first iteration of this had so many battles of "That shouldn't be in tier 1, it's cheap and I don't like it.  It makes my candidates look worse"  I love the levels for competition.  I love to do level 1 optimization but only saw the king optimizers doing L30 builds and no love for L1.  Here we can see people's love for level 1 optimization.  Never before have I seen such a focus on getting that extra +.2 DPR, or that many variations on the same theme (longtooth charging) but with such a wide array of classes.  To think that the errata team looks at this thread, I can't help but feel I've contributed to the game somehow.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
As per white lotus riposte, I can see no other option for the monster.  It is indeed a catch 22 with a few exceptional exceptions (teleport is all I can think of).  If you can hit them and prone them then by all means assume the catch 22.  Love it.

Here's my version of the Warlock charger - this is a level 30 build and a Hybrid Assassin and Warlock (so that I can use Greatspear as my main weapon and as an implement for my Warlock powers).  The DPR consists of 3 attacks - the initial charge attack which prones, the follow-up MBA from Kulkor Arms Master, and a catch-22 situation where I can follow up with another Eldritich Strike if the enemy attacks me or an OA if it attacks someone else.  All the attacks use Eldritich Strike, result in slide 2 + prone, and the enemy should always end up prone and adjacent to me.

First Attack: Charge with Combat Advantage and Prime Shot:

Attack: +39
Damage: 3d10 + 6d6 + 47 = 84.5
Critical: 30 + 36 + 47 + 6d6 = 134

Target Reflex = 42 (Monster NAD: 12+level)
Initial DPR = (.10 * 0) + (.85 * 84.5) + (.05 * 134) = 78.525 + Prone

Details:
Show

Attack:
+9 Constitution
+15 Level
+3 Proficiency
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+2 Combat Advantage
+2 Prime Shot
+1 Charge
-2 Power Attack

Damage:
2d10 Eldritch Strike with Greatspear
+9 Constitution
+6 Enhancement
+3 Focus
+6 Bracers
+5 Called Shot
+4 Gloves of Ice
+5 Shard
+9 Power Attack
+1d10 Surprising Charge
+3d6 Curse
+3d6 Charge - Horned Helm

Second Attack - MBA via Kulkor Arms Master:

Attack: +38
Damage: 2d10 + 52 = 63
Critical: 20 + 52 + 6d6 = 93

Initial DPR = (.15 * 0) + (.80 * 63) + (.05 * 93) = 55.05 * .9 (Initial Attack hit %) = 49.545

Details:
Show

Attack:
+9 Constitution
+15 Level
+3 Proficiency
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+2 Combat Advantage
+2 Prime Shot
-2 Power Attack

Damage:
+9 Constitution
+6 Enhancement
+3 Focus
+6 Bracers
+5 Called Shot
+4 Gloves of Ice
+5 Shard
+5 Lasting Frost
+9 Power Attack

Third Attack - Catch-22 from enemy being prone and adjacent to me:

Initial DPR = (.15 * 0) + (.80 * 63) + (.05 * 93) = 55.05 * .9 (Initial Attack hit %) = 49.545

The catch-22 atttack will result in the same damage as the second attack - unless the enemy attacks me, in which case White Lotus Riposte will also trigger for +9 Con damage.   Otherwise the enemy will have to attack someone else and in the process draw an OA (either from using a ranged attack or from trying to charge after standing up).

So the final DPR total should be (if I've done this all correctly):

Total DPR = 177.615 + Prone ( or 185.265 if WLR triggered)

I should also mention that defensively with the Raven Knight ED, I gain Insubstantial and Phasing whenever I charge, and any enemy adjacent to me takes a -2 penatly to attack rolls against me.  Defense too!

Here's the build itself:
Revenant - Assassin & Warlock - Kulkor Arms Master - Raven Knight
Show

AW-KAM, level 30
Revenant, Warlock|Assassin, Kulkor Arms Master, Raven Knight
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Reflex
Hybrid Assassin: Hybrid Assassin Will
Hybrid Talent: Prime Shot
Background: Stargazer (Star) (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 28, Dex 26, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 43 Fort: 42 Reflex: 42 Will: 41
HP: 155 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +31

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +23, Arcana +16, Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, History +16, Insight +18, Intimidate +17, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +16, Stealth +23, Streetwise +15, Thievery +23, Athletics +19

FEATS
Level 1: Wrathful Warrior
Level 2: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 4: White Lotus Riposte
Level 8: Hybrid Talent
Level 10: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 11: Impaling Spear
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Weapon Focus (Spear)
Level 16: Prime Punisher
Level 20: Polearm Momentum
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Surprising Charge
Level 24: Called Shot
Level 26: Power Attack
Level 28: Lasting Frost
Level 30: Robust Defenses

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Eldritch Strike
Hybrid utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Starleather Armor +6, Badge of the Berserker +6, Bracers of Mighty Striking (epic tier), Horned Helm (epic tier), Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Eladrin Ring of Passage (paragon tier), Frost Greatspear +6, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier)

Let me know if I made any mistakes in the calculations!

Edit - There was a mistake, pointed out in post #912, but the calculations have been fixed.

awesome stuff

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need to spend your level 10 utility on a teleport, extend it to 2 squares, use a move action to get far enough away to charge the foe every round?  You obviously can't curse another foe as the one adjacent to you is closer to you and you must curse the one closest.

NM, that's exactly what you do 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I can't help but feel I've contributed to the game somehow.

I'm sure you have.  So thanks for making a fun compition, as well as helping make a better game.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I can't help but feel I've contributed to the game somehow.

I'm sure you have.  So thanks for making a fun compition, as well as helping make a better game.

Agreed.  This thread has definitely pushed me towards much better builds than I was originally creating.  I know the game isn't all about DPR, but the damage part matters quite a bit and threads like this help in optimizing that aspect of the game.  Thanks!

Here's my version of the Warlock charger - this is a level 30 build and a Hybrid Assassin and Warlock (so that I can use Greatspear as my main weapon and as an implement for my Warlock powers).  The DPR consists of 3 attacks - the initial charge attack which prones, the follow-up MBA from Kulkor Arms Master, and a catch-22 situation where I can follow up with another Eldritich Strike if the enemy attacks me or an OA if it attacks someone else.  All the attacks use Eldritich Strike, result in slide 2 + prone, and the enemy should always end up prone and adjacent to me.

First Attack: Charge with Combat Advantage and Prime Shot:

Attack: +39
Damage: 3d10 + 6d6 + 47 = 84.5
Critical: 30 + 36 + 47 + 6d6 = 134

Initial DPR = (.10 * 0) + (.85 * 84.5) + (.05 * 134) = 78.525 + Prone

Details:
Show

Attack:
+9 Constitution
+15 Level
+3 Proficiency
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+2 Combat Advantage
+2 Prime Shot
+1 Charge
-2 Power Attack

Damage:
+9 Constitution
+6 Enhancement
+3 Focus
+6 Bracers
+5 Called Shot
+4 Gloves of Ice
+5 Shard
+9 Power Attack
+1d10 Surprising Charge
+3d6 Curse
+3d6 Charge - Horned Helm

Second Attack - MBA via Kulkor Arms Master:

Initial DPR = (.15 * 0) + (.80 * 63) + (.05 * 93) = 55.05

Details:
Show

Attack:
+9 Constitution
+15 Level
+3 Proficiency
+6 Enhancement
+3 Expertise
+2 Combat Advantage
+2 Prime Shot
-2 Power Attack

Damage:
+9 Constitution
+6 Enhancement
+3 Focus
+6 Bracers
+5 Called Shot
+4 Gloves of Ice
+5 Shard
+5 Lasting Frost
+9 Power Attack

Third Attack - Catch-22 from enemy being prone and adjacent to me:

Initial DPR = (.15 * 0) + (.80 * 63) + (.05 * 93) = 55.05

The catch-22 atttack will result in the same damage as the second attack - unless the enemy attacks me, in which case White Lotus Riposte will also trigger for +9 Con damage.   Otherwise the enemy will have to attack someone else and in the process draw an OA (either from using a ranged attack or from trying to charge after standing up).

So the final DPR total should be (if I've done this all correctly):

Total DPR = 188.625 + Prone ( or 196.275 if WLR triggered)

I should also mention that defensively with the Raven Knight ED, I gain Insubstantial and Phasing whenever I charge, and any enemy adjacent to me takes a -2 penatly to attack rolls against me.  Defense too!

Here's the build itself:
Revenant - Assassin & Warlock - Kulkor Arms Master - Raven Knight
Show

AW-KAM, level 30
Revenant, Warlock|Assassin, Kulkor Arms Master, Raven Knight
Hybrid Assassin: Hybrid Assassin Will
Hybrid Talent: Prime Shot
Background: Stargazer (Star) (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 28, Dex 26, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 43 Fort: 42 Reflex: 42 Will: 41
HP: 155 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +31

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +23, Arcana +16, Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, History +16, Insight +18, Intimidate +17, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +16, Stealth +23, Streetwise +15, Thievery +23, Athletics +19

FEATS
Level 1: Wrathful Warrior
Level 2: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 4: White Lotus Riposte
Level 8: Hybrid Talent
Level 10: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 11: Impaling Spear
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Weapon Focus (Spear)
Level 16: Prime Punisher
Level 20: Polearm Momentum
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Surprising Charge
Level 24: Called Shot
Level 26: Power Attack
Level 28: Lasting Frost
Level 30: Robust Defenses

POWERS

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Starleather Armor +6, Badge of the Berserker +6, Bracers of Mighty Striking (epic tier), Horned Helm (epic tier), Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Eladrin Ring of Passage (paragon tier), Frost Greatspear +6, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier)

I may have found a mistake in my DPR calculations.  My numbers for the 2nd and 3rd attack seem to assume a 100% hit rate with the initial attack, rather than the 90% hit rate.  If so, then the damage is a bit lower on the second and third attacks:

MBA via Kulkor Arms Master and follow up OA or WLMR:

Assuming I've now calculated it correctly, the final DPR is 177.615 + Prone.

Is that how the damage should be calculated?
Here's my attempt at Warlock charger build.  He's a Warforged Warden|Warlock/Fighter who gets 89.725 at-will DPR at 24th level without multiattacks of any kind.  His Eldritch Strike charge attack pushes 1, slides 1, lowers AC by 1, slows, and grants CA and cold vulnerability.  Basically, I stacked up all the usual Warforged charger bits plus frostcheese, Crippling Crush, and Draconic Arrogance.

WarWarWarFight
level 24
Warforged, Warden|Warlock, Warforged Juggernaut, Reincarnate Champion
Hybrid Warden: Hybrid Warden Will
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid): Infernal Pact (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent: Warden's Armored Might
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Hammer)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Wand)
Epic Vitality: Epic Vitality Constitution
Student of the Sword: Student of One-Handed Weapons
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Longtooth Shifter)
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Dragonborn)
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Constitution
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Acid
Background: Chessenta (Chessenta Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 24, Con 28, Dex 12, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 17, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 41 Fort: 37 Reflex: 32 Will: 32
HP: 180 Surges: 16 Surge Value: 45

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +27, Thievery +15, Athletics +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +15, Bluff +14, Diplomacy +14, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, History +15, Insight +16, Intimidate +16, Nature +16, Perception +16, Religion +15, Stealth +10, Streetwise +14

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Versatile Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
Level 6: Deadly Draw
Level 8: White Lotus Enervation
Level 10: Student of the Sword
Level 11: Hindering Shield
Level 12: Crippling Crush
Level 14: Weapon Focus (Hammer)
Level 16: Killing Curse
Level 18: Arcane Admixture
Level 20: Lasting Frost
Level 21: Gorebrute Charge
Level 22: Bludgeon Mastery
Level 24: Draconic Arrogance

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Past Spirit (Dragonborn): Dragon Breath
Hybrid encounter 1: Roots of Stone
Hybrid daily 1: Armor of Agathys
Hybrid utility 2: Fast Hands
Hybrid encounter 3: Cloud of Flies
Hybrid daily 5: Thunder Step
Hybrid utility 6: Treacherous Ice
Hybrid encounter 7: Mordant Rains of Dis
Hybrid daily 9: Form of the Vengeful Storm
Hybrid encounter 13: Creeper's Grasp (replaces Cloud of Flies)
Hybrid daily 15: Form of the Crushing Mountain (replaces Thunder Step)
Hybrid utility 16: Caiphon's Disquieting Liberty
Hybrid encounter 17: Rough Advantage (replaces Roots of Stone)
Hybrid daily 19: Form of the Avalanche Unleashed (replaces Form of the Vengeful Storm)
Hybrid utility 22: Eagle's Wings
Hybrid encounter 23: Arrow of Arcane Light (replaces Creeper's Grasp)

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Cloak of Translocation +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Boots of Quickness (paragon tier), Ring of Retreat (paragon tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Breakchain Tattoo (paragon tier), Thundergod Craghammer +5, Blood Fury Longsword +1, Adventurer's Kit, Crowbar, Climber's Kit, Dagger, Magic Wand +4, Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Bracers of Mighty Striking (epic tier), Battle Harness Darkhide Armor +4, Diamond Cincture (heroic tier)

My DPR calculations assume that WarWarWarFight is under the effects of Longtooth Shifting and has hit with Eldritch Strike the previous round.  He can charge every round by Ethereal Sidestepping two squares back and then charging back in (unless he's immobilized, of course, but he has ways of dealing with that).  He can activate Longtooth Shifting even when he's not bloodied by using his Blood Fury weapon.

DPR calculations
Against a target that he's hit the previous round with Eldritch Strike, his charge is at +33 against AC 37 (thanks to the White Lotus Enervation AC penalty), hitting on a 4, doing 2d10 brutal 2 + 3d8 + 6d6 + 51 on a normal hit (average 96.5), or 5d12 + 141 on a crit (average 173.5).
Expected value DPR is thus (.75 * 96.5) + (.10 * 173.5) = 89.725.

Against a fresh target, his charge is at +31 against AC 38, hitting on a 7, doing an average of 91.5 on a normal hit or 168.5 on a crit.
Expected value DPR is thus (.60 * 91.5) + (.10 * 168.5) = 71.75.

Note that this isn't really a practical build.  In a real game, I would put more of his feats into improving defenses and control rather than raw DPR.  In particular, I would probably retrain Crippling Crush into Overwhelming Impact to give him an at-will daze.  And drop the frostcheese for some defensive feats.

1.  Is there a reason why you're not taking Impaling Spear in order to target Reflex instead of AC?  Eldritch Strike counts as a MBA and you already have to MC into a martial class for the PP.

2.  Am I correct in thinking that this build actually lacks an Implement for all the Warlock powers besides Eldritch Strike?  If so, is there any way to fix that drawback?  All the ways I can think of would require another class (Warlord, Assassin, Monk) or going Hybrid.

3.  Why is Wisdom pumped up so high?  I seem to be missing the advantage of it beyond what's needed for Polearm Momentum.

Edit - 4.  Would it be worth it to make room in the build for White Lotus Riposte and Master Riposte?  If the enemy starts its turn prone and adjacent to you, then it looks like it's likely to draw yet another attack - either by attacking you or by drawing an OA by charging or making a ranged attack while you're adjacent.  Another MBA would outdamage a few of the feats already in the build.

Thanks for the critique. There is lots of good things there.
1. Impaling spear is not used as the build already hits on a 2.
2. Yeps... no implement. I mean, it can use powers fairly well if you found yourself an implement, but if it is not charging it is not getting anywhere near regular damage.
3. Wisdom was simply pumped to get an ok Will defence. Armour Prof chainmail was mainly taken to get a teleport distance of 3 (via Eladrin Armour), so Dex and Int were less useful. Wis can be sacrificed (and I do so below)

4. Awesome idea.

Rebuild (with massive thanks to Squad):

I dropped Armour Proficiency Chain and replaced it was 2x Eladrin Rings of Passage to make up the teleport distance. This allowed me to use Shadow Warlock Armour, which allowed me to drop Deadly draw, as teleporting will now give me combat advantage. Two feats makes White Lotus fit in beautifully. Defenses take a bit of a hit though (-1 AC, -4 Will, but +3 Ref).

The build assumes combat advantage thanks to Shadow Walk and teleporting 3 squares at will. Badge of the Berserker,  in combination with they teleport should allow the character to charge an isolated enemy every turn.

New DPR: 180.07

[spoiler New Build]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Warlock Charger (WL), level 24
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Dexterity

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 27, Dex 24, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 36 Fort: 35 Reflex: 35 Will: 31

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Thievery +23, Insight +21, History +17, Endurance +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, Nature +16, Perception +16, Religion +12, Stealth +18, Streetwise +13, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 8: White Lotus Riposte
Level 18: Impaling Spear
Level 24: White Lotus Master Riposte

POWERS

ITEMS
Thundergod Greatspear +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Badge of the Berserker +5, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier), Eladrin Ring of Passage (paragon tier) (2), Shadow Warlock Feyleather Armor +4
[/spoiler]

[spoiler DPR calcs]
Chance to have hit last round (equals the chance to hit): 0.95

To-Hit: +30(34) to hit Ref 36

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage - applies all the time due to Shadow Warlock Armour)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+1 Charging)

Charge Damage: 2d10 (3d10 with CA) + 2d6 + 2d6 + 38 thunder and cold damage (73.5 / 79)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
+2d6 Thundergod's
+2d6 Horned Helm
(+5 Called Shot)

Cold Vulnerability - 5 (applies 95% of the time and to every secondary attack)

Curse: 3d6 (10.5)

Secondary and Tertiary Attack:
To-Hit: +30(33) to hit Ref 35

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage)
(+1 Prime Shot)

+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
(+5 Called Shot)

Secondary Attack and Tertiary DPR:
= 0.85 x (44 + 5) + 0.05 x (75.5 + 5)
= 49.93

Total DPR:
0.95 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 5 + 49.93 + 49.93) + 0.05 x (124.5+ 18 + 5 + 49.93)) + 0.05 x (0.9 x (74 + 10.5 + 49.93 + 49.93) + 0.05 x (119.5 + 18 + 49.93 + 49.93))
=180.07
[/spoiler]

I updated two warlocks with Mindbite Scorn, the new feat from Dark Sun and found a math error in current level 6 king. 

43.32 DPR (CA, Ch, Mount) Longtooth Shifter Brutal Rogue (6th) by tl ()
38.97 DPR (Ch, Mount) Dragonborn Warlock (6th), by tl ()
34.15 DPR (Ch) Dragonborn Melee Warlock (6th) by tl ()

and I'll chime in with all others about the great work you did with/on this thread, borg. excellent job.

Great thread everyone, some really great designs have been contributed!  I was looking for a playable build that didn’t rely on too many unrealistic assumptions.  In my experience our rogues (and generally any melee class at low level) usually had CA about 60% of the time and chargers have been able to charge about 50% of the time.

Using the above percentages I wanted to find a build that about to produce 15+ dpr at level 1.  Looking at the top level 1 Kings:

1. The Assault Swordmage|Warlock dpr requires you hit your enemy with eyebite in the previous round, every round – how is that possible?

2. Bugbear Rogue|Swordmage riposte has a non-PHB race requires combat advantage, and getting attacked by creature while it’s mark deterrent can only occur once per creature.

3. Gnoll Rogue|Swordmage requires a level 3 weapon, Combat advantage, and the same deal with requiring the enemy to hit you with a mark deterrent attack that only works once per creature

4. The Bugbear Brutal Rogue is great, but it uses a non-PHB race and the difference between having CA and not is 10dpr! (avg. 15.93 dpr using the 60/40 assumption)

5. The Suicide Bomber is a very innovative build, but the drawback of course is that you damage yourself as well

6. And again the Wizard|Warlock rebuke build suffers without the ability to enforce any attack on itself

So the first high DPR build that caught my attention was the Githzerai Assassin (which is a great build), but I really wanted one with a MBA focus.

So I’ve created a Paladin|Warlock for a mid-range DPR (but playable and with few assumptions) level 1 candidate.  The idea to charge when able, otherwise a standard MBA with Eldritch Strike and then put the enemy in an unlimited catch-22 where it will take automatic damage if it attacks another player, or automatic damage if it attacks you (as long as you hit it first).

Dark Paladin
Human Paladin|Warlock
Cha 20
Crimson Fire, White Lotus Riposte
Maul, Eldritch Strike

Charge Attack with Eldritch Strike: +7 vs AC or +8 vs AC (Ch)
Hit: 2d6+5 (13)
Curse: 1d10 (5.5)
White Lotus Riposte: Cha (5)
Divine Challenge: Cha (5)

For the DPR King submission:

Assumption of 100% Charge and 50% chance the enemy will attack us back:
(0.65*18.5 + 0.5*27) + (0.7*5 +5)/2
DPR = 16.975 (Ch)

More realistic approach:
Assumption of 50% Charge and 100% chance the enemy will attack us back:
(0.625*18.5 + 0.5*27) + 0.675*5
DPR = 15.66

Thanks for the critique. There is lots of good things there.
1. Impaling spear is not used as the build already hits on a 2.
2. Yeps... no implement. I mean, it can use powers fairly well if you found yourself an implement, but if it is not charging it is not getting anywhere near regular damage.
3. Wisdom was simply pumped to get an ok Will defence. Armour Prof chainmail was mainly taken to get a teleport distance of 3 (via Eladrin Armour), so Dex and Int were less useful. Wis can be sacrificed (and I do so below)

4. Awesome idea.

Rebuild (with massive thanks to Squad):

I dropped Armour Proficiency Chain and replaced it was 2x Eladrin Rings of Passage to make up the teleport distance. This allowed me to use Shadow Warlock Armour, which allowed me to drop Deadly draw, as teleporting will now give me combat advantage. Two feats makes White Lotus fit in beautifully. Defenses take a bit of a hit though (-1 AC, -4 Will, but +3 Ref).

New DPR: 180.07

[spoiler New Build]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Warlock Charger (WL), level 24
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Dexterity

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 27, Dex 24, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 36 Fort: 35 Reflex: 35 Will: 31

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Thievery +23, Insight +21, History +17, Endurance +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, Nature +16, Perception +16, Religion +12, Stealth +18, Streetwise +13, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 8: White Lotus Riposte
Level 24: White Lotus Master Riposte

POWERS

ITEMS
Thundergod Greatspear +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Badge of the Berserker +5, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier), Eladrin Ring of Passage (paragon tier) (2), Shadow Warlock Feyleather Armor +4
[/spoiler]

[spoiler DPR calcs]
Chance to have hit last round (equals the chance to hit): 0.95

To-Hit: +30(36) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage - applies all the time due to Shadow Warlock Armour)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)
(+1 Charging)

+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
+2d6 Thundergod's
+2d6 Horned Helm
(+5 Called Shot)

Cold Vulnerability - 5 (applies 95% of the time and to every secondary attack)

Curse: 3d6 (10.5)

Secondary and Tertiary Attack:
To-Hit: +30(35) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)

+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
(+5 Called Shot)

Secondary Attack and Tertiary DPR:
= 0.85 x (44 + 5) + 0.05 x (75.5 + 5)
= 49.93

Total DPR:
0.95 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 5 + 49.93 + 49.93) + 0.05 x (124.5+ 18 + 5 + 49.93)) + 0.05 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 49.93 + 49.93) + 0.05 x (119.5 + 18 + 49.93 + 49.93))
=180.07
[/spoiler]

Glad to help.  One question about your DPR calculations though.  You have both (+1 Prime Shot) and (+2 Primed Curse), but I thought Primed Curse just bumps your Prime Shot bonus from +1 to +2, rather than adding an additional +2.
That is correct. So you'd only receive a +2 to hit.
You guys are right. Swapping out Primed Curse for Impaling Spear gives the same overall result.
Updated
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I am not sure on how to format this correctly so forgive me.

Notes:
This is a work in progress, he is only level 7 so I just randomly picked his powers.
The concept is a suicide bomber Tiefling Hybrid Wizard|Warlock who wants to watch the infidels burn. 
I wanted a character to have the option to hurt crowds of enemy's and do massive single target DPR. 
I burrowed 2 ideas from this thread (Gloves of ice and  Subtle Incendiary dagger +4 over Staff of Ruin and gauntlets of blood) so props to Landsknecht73!
I just wanted to test his potential and see what you gentlemen think.  

Concept/Tactics:
Mode 1 Solo Slayer:
He is to be played very aggressively with no care for personal well being. Every turn he draws an attacks of opportunity to reuse white lotus riposte. He keeps his AC as low as possible  to try and guarantee him being hit.
Flaming sphere - Minor action set it up and let it wreath in about 42 fire damage a round

Mode 2 All kids out of the pool:
Scorching blast and other encounters to keep the hordes of infidels in check.

To Hit
Hellish Rebuke + 21
+6(con) +8(level) +4(enhancement) +1(superior implement) +2(CA) [+1 if bloodied]

(I don't know what to add into the secondary hellish rebuke damage so i am going to arbitrarily drop 4 damage off of it. Nor do I know the average reflex of a level 16 mob so i am going to say i have an 80% hit chance)(So basically help me correct this math with the crit damage)

DRP = 109.2 ~ ???

First Shot Hellish Retort White Lotus Riposte
1d6+2d6+41 1d6 + 37 1d6 + 41

51.5(.8) +40.5(.8) +44.5(.8) = 109.2 DPR Pre Crit

Break Down
+6Con
+4Enhance
+4Enhance Off Hand
+3 Pact of Cania
+4 Hellfire Arcanist
+3 Fundamental mastery
+3 Khyber Shard
+3 Superior Implement
(+4 Subtle property)
(+5 Vulnerable Cold)
(+2 Gloves of Ice)
+41

Azazel, level 16 
Tiefling, Wizard|Warlock, Academy Master
Infernal Pact (Hybrid)
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Arcane Admixture Power: Hellish Rebuke
Background: Durpar (Durpar Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORESStr 9, Con 22, Dex 14, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14.
STARTING ABILITY SCORESStr 8, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 22 Fort: 24 Reflex: 23 Will: 21HP: 93 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Thievery +15, Bluff +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +14, Heal +8, History +12, Insight +8, Intimidate +10, Nature +8, Perception +10, Religion +12, Stealth +12, Streetwise +10, Athletics +7

FEATS
Level 1: Hellfire Arcanist
Level 2: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 4: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 6: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 8: Destructive Wizardry (retrained to Blood Pact of Cania at Level 15)
Level 10: White Lotus Riposte
Level 11: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 12: Arcane Admixture
Level 14: Arcane Fire
Level 16: Wintertouched

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Scorching Burst
Hybrid at-will 1: Hellish Rebuke
Hybrid encounter 1: Cursebite
Hybrid daily 1: Flaming Sphere
Hybrid utility 2: Memory to Mist (retrained to Devil's Trade at Level 5)
Hybrid encounter 3: Fire Shroud
Hybrid daily 5: Hellsworn Blessing
Hybrid utility 6: Fire Shield
Hybrid encounter 7: Fire Burst
Hybrid daily 9: Mordenkainen's Sword
Hybrid utility 10: Darkest Mirror
Hybrid encounter 13: Frostburn (replaces Fire Burst)
Hybrid daily 15: Prismatic Beams (replaces Mordenkainen's Sword)
Hybrid utility 16: Stoneskin

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Summoned Layered Plate Armor +2, Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +4, Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +4

RITUALS
Knock, Disenchant Magic Item, Hand of Fate, Seek Rumor, Transfer Enchantment====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Sign In to post comments