DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
A charging Warlock build eh?

I will give it a look. Like the rebuke build, I think Revenant Tiefling might be the way to go, they get some beautiful feat support.
Aside from feat intensity and PP, there's a lot of wiggle room for happy optimization.
do you milticlass fighter or rogue and haw 17 dex for the Surprising Charge feat
I thought this had been done already, but apparently not:

Warlock (MC Ranger)/Lyrander Windrider/demigod

As a "use this in a real game" matter, prefer Half-Elf.  The lightning mark is for them (not a rules issue, but a bitter-DM issue)

Did you really not take Expertise?  Also, since you've already chosen a spear, grab the paragon "targets ref" feat for your basic attack (Eldritch strike)

I don't think you need ranger.  You want the "Primed Curse" feat, which works for warlocks.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I knew I was missing something...
What does primed curse net us?

I like...I am still working on clarifying what damage carries over to the rebuke...I am not sure on the lasting frost (power says fire damage and I am not sure if the cold damage type remains) or subtle since the rebuke damage is not dependent on CA.  There is another thread in the Rules forum onging about this very thing.

I can see why subtle might be contentious, but if we consider that the rebuke damage receives enhancement bonuses then there is no reason why it shouldn't apply. If it gets enhancement bonuses, then you are clearly 'making a damage roll with this weapon', the combat advantage is no issue at all since Shadow Warlock armour means that the curse target always grants combat advantage, thus satisfying the 'damage roll... against an enemy granting combat advantage'.

The rebuke damage should become fire and cold damage as Arcane Admixture clearly states 'The power now deals that damage type in addition to its normal damage type', this is cannot be exclusive to the initial damage, as otherwise arcane admixture would not work on zones or summons.

Can you think of any other tweaks? I would like to see this think take top place at level 16. (Ok, you can replace Bloodied Boon with Two-Weapon Fighting, or completely tank AC to get Kensai as a paragon path to get above 90 DPR, but the build needs to be at least semi-playable... (or does it?))

On an off note, Two-Weapon Fighting increases the DPR to 91.48...

Laz

Only had a couple of minutes to check out the build...but my number comes out to 81.7

Initial Damage:  .9*(1d6+35+2d6) = 41
Initial Crit Damage:  .05*(7+35+12+24) = 3.9

Rebuke Damage:  .9*(1d6+35) = 34.7
Rebuke Crit Damager:  .05(6+35) = 2.1

DPR = 81.7

But I might be missing something...you have given me a couple of ideas though....might be worth adding Weapon Focus as well (+2 damage).  I prefer subtle, but the cost was higher (18th level for +4) than Prime Shot.  BUT...since this a DPR topic, I may review my items to see if I can fit it in.
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
I knew I was missing something...
What does primed curse net us?

It's the "Prime Shot is +2 to hit" feat you were looking for, Warlock Edition.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Warlock (MC Ranger)/Lyrander Windrider/demigod
Eldritch Strike
Arcane admixture: Thunder(Taken care of by thundergod weapon), Cold
Permafrost
Thundergod Weapon
Horned Helm
Prime Punisher
Called Shot
Prime whatever that gives you an extra to-hit
Greatspear
Surprising Charge
Primed Curse
Greatspear Prof.
Impaling Spear
Versatile Expertise

To-Hit: Eldritch Strike v. Reflex
15 -half level
10 -Con
1 -Lyrander Windrider
3 -Proficiency
6 -enh
2 - CA
2 -Primed Curse
1 -Charge
3 -Expertise

+43 v Ref, Ref@30=30+12=42, crit 19-20
Crit Rate= 10%
Hit-Rate=85%
Miss= 5%         (the higher to-hit is still helpful against +level creatures, soldiers, solos etc.)

Damage:
10 -Con
10 -Lyrander Windrider
5 - Cold Vuln
5 - Called Shot
6 - IAoP
5 - Dragon Shard
4 - Gloves of Ice
+3d6 Curse
+3d6 Helm
+2d6 Thundergod
+2d10 Weapon
+1d10 Surprising Charge
Hit=84
Crit=113+6d12 (excludes rings and +crit junk)=152

DPR=(.5*0)+(.85*84)+(.1*152)=86.6

The attack bonus if through the roof at this point, so anything that we can tweak to add damage would be gravy. Also worth noting, this build would make a stellar Battlemind|Warlock/Lyrander/**. The only thing it really needs from warlock is primed curse, but seeing as it's already hitting even level standards on a 2, the hybrid talent feat may be better off taking battlemind armor prof.
Last reply, I promise...

Getting mastery is gonna be a trick (19Str&Dex).  Sorry.  But getting Surprising charge should be easy enough, as you now have your MC free.

(Edit: Gives up a touch of DPR, but gives a feat back, which may end up with more DPR: swap out the Gloves of Ice for those gloves that type your Warlock Curse damage, use that for permafrost, and take back the Admixture feat.

Also: if you can't miss, but want more damage?  Power Attack.  Str 15 required for spear mastery anyway)

Topped 93.9 DPR for the Level 16 Infernal Warlock Build(Landsknecht73)...as usual, always open to criticism.
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
I had a bit of a play with a Warlock Charger. Still room for improvement, but I am getting some nice numbers... The key trick is using polearm momentum to knock prone, which, combined with Kulkor Arms Master, gives a second Eldritch Strike as a free action. The build can charge every turn thanks to Ethereal Sidestep and Eladrin chain giving at-will teleport 4. The build relies upon isolating enemies in order to take advantage of prime punisher and called shot, so make sure your party knows about that.

Level 24 Revenant Charger
Cheese: @

DPR: 126.50

Using the gp value of items of level +1, level, 2x level -1 as available gp.

[spoiler DPR calcs]
Chance to have hit last round: 0.94 (1- (0.05 +(0.05 x 0.15)))

To-Hit: +30(36) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+2 Combat Advantage - applies 94% of the time due to Deadly Draw)
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)
(+1 Charging)

Charge Damage: 2d10 (3d10 with CA) + 2d6 + 2d6 + 38 thunder and cold damage (73.5 / 79)
Crit: 5d12 + 82 (92 with CA) thunder and cold damage (114.5 / 124.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
+4 Iron Armbands of Power
+2d6 Thundergod's
+2d6 Horned Helm
(+1d10 Surprising Charge)
(+5 Called Shot)

Cold Vulnerability - 5 (applies 94% of the time and to every secondary attack)

Curse: 3d6 (11.5)
Crit: 18

Secondary Attack:
To-Hit: +30(35) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)

Damage: 2d10 + 38 cold damage (49)
Crit: 5d6 + 58 cold and thunder damage (75.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
(+5 Called Shot)

Secondary Attack DPR:
= 0.8 x (44 + 5) + 0.05 x (75.5 + 5)
= 47.23

Total DPR:
0.94 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (124.5+ 18 + 5 + 47.23)) + 0.06 x (0.8 x (73.5 + 10.5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (114.5 + 18 + 47.23))
=126.50
[/spoiler]

[spoiler Build]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Warlock Charger, level 24
Revenant, Warlock, Kulkor Arms Master, Demigod
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Spear)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Constitution
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Wisdom
Choose your Race in Life: Tiefling
Arcane Admixture Power: Eldritch Strike

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 27, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 22, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 37 Fort: 35 Reflex: 32 Will: 35
HP: 154 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Thievery +21, Insight +23, History +17, Endurance +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Streetwise +13, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 2: Battle Awareness
Level 4: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 6: Versatile Expertise
Level 8: Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
Level 10: Bloodhunter's Flank (retrained to Surprising Charge at Level 11)
Level 11: Polearm Momentum
Level 12: Weapon Focus (Spear)
Level 14: Prime Punisher
Level 16: Called Shot
Level 18: Primed Curse
Level 20: Arcane Admixture
Level 21: Lasting Frost
Level 22: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 24: Deadly Draw

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Strike
Infernal Pact: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep

ITEMS
Thundergod Greatspear +5, Eladrin Weavemail Armor +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Badge of the Berserker +5, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
Remaining gp: 182,000 ish
[/spoiler] 
Topped 93.9 DPR for the Level 16 Infernal Warlock Build(Landsknecht73)...as usual, always open to criticism.

Looks really good now. Just be aware that you cannot always rely on Prime Shot, especially if you are trying to focus fire with your party. You may want to work out DPR numbers for when you cannot take advantage of Prime and Called Shot, just to give a better impression of the build in less than perfectly optimal conditions. Then again, with the damage that Rebuke warlocks are capable of, the build may work fine hunting down and two-shotting all the artillery which is pestering your party, thus always be able to get prime shot.
I had a bit of a play with a Warlock Charger. Still room for improvement, but I am getting some nice numbers... The key trick is using polearm momentum to knock prone, which, combined with Kulkor Arms Master, gives a second Eldritch Strike as a free action. The build can charge every turn thanks to Ethereal Sidestep and Eladrin chain giving at-will teleport 4. The build relies upon isolating enemies in order to take advantage of prime punisher and called shot, so make sure your party knows about that.

Level 24 Revenant Charger
Cheese: @

DPR: 126.50

Using the gp value of items of level +1, level, 2x level -1 as available gp.

[spoiler DPR calcs]
Chance to have hit last round: 0.94 (1- (0.05 +(0.05 x 0.15)))

To-Hit: +30(36) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)
(+1 Charging)

Charge Damage: 2d10 (3d10 with CA) + 2d6 + 2d6 + 38 thunder and cold damage (73.5 / 79)
Crit: 5d12 + 82 (92 with CA) thunder and cold damage (114.5 / 124.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
+2d6 Thundergod's
+2d6 Horned Helm
(+1d10 Surprising Charge)
(+5 Called Shot)

Cold Vulnerability - 5 (applies 94% of the time and to every secondary attack)

Curse: 3d6 (11.5)
Crit: 18

Secondary Attack:
To-Hit: +30(35) to hit AC 38

+8 Constitution
+12 Half-level
+5 Enhancement
+2 Expertise
+3 Proficiency
(+1 Prime Shot)
(+2 Primed Curse)

Damage: 2d10 + 38 cold damage (49)
Crit: 5d6 + 58 cold and thunder damage (75.5)
+8 Constitution
+5 Enhancement
+3 Weapon Focus
+4 Blood Pact of Cania
+5 Dragonshard
+4 Gloves of Ice
(+5 Called Shot)

Secondary Attack DPR:
= 0.8 x (44 + 5) + 0.05 x (75.5 + 5)
= 47.23

Total DPR:
0.94 x (0.9 x (79 + 10.5 + 5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (124.5+ 18 + 5 + 47.23)) + 0.06 x (0.8 x (73.5 + 10.5 + 47.23) + 0.05 x (114.5 + 18 + 47.23))
=126.50
[/spoiler]

[spoiler Build]
Warlock Charger, level 24
Revenant, Warlock, Kulkor Arms Master, Demigod
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Spear)
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Constitution
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Wisdom
Choose your Race in Life: Tiefling
Arcane Admixture Power: Eldritch Strike

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 27, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 22, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 37 Fort: 35 Reflex: 32 Will: 35
HP: 154 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +20, Thievery +21, Insight +23, History +17, Endurance +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +12, Stealth +16, Streetwise +13, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 2: Battle Awareness
Level 4: Kulkor Battlearm Student
Level 8: Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
Level 10: Bloodhunter's Flank (retrained to Surprising Charge at Level 11)
Level 11: Polearm Momentum
Level 12: Weapon Focus (Spear)
Level 14: Prime Punisher
Level 18: Primed Curse
Level 20: Arcane Admixture
Level 21: Lasting Frost
Level 22: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 24: Deadly Draw

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Strike
Warlock utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep

ITEMS
Thundergod Greatspear +5, Eladrin Weavemail Armor +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Badge of the Berserker +5, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier)
Remaining gp: 182,000 ish
[/spoiler] 

Now THAT is a sexy warlock charger. *tips hat*
Charge optimization+Kulkor is a winner.
Added Level 12 to my (Landsknecht73) Infernal Warlock-Hellish Rebuke build...DPR at 69.8
Added Level 12 to my (Landsknecht73) Infernal Warlock-Hellish Rebuke build...DPR at 69.8

slight nit pick, you forgot to select a paragon path for your level 12 summary.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

Tis acadamy master, Arcane underpinning is used in the dpr calc.

Tis acadamy master, Arcane underpinning is used in the dpr calc.

No offense taken on the nit pickEmbarassed..thanks for the catch..I updated the build.
nevermind what this post said before, i misread storm pillar.

I'm trying to calculate DPR for a warlock build that uses Destiny Inversion, Hellish Rebuke, and the new tiefling Lost Soul paragon path. For that damage the level 11 feature adds, would it be safe to base the incoming damage you would take based off the new updated DM tables (post July Update)?

For instance, Example one would be Warlock@Lvl12 has At Will DPR of 42 (random example number), increasing to 52.25 upon being damaged in combat? The table indicates a solo target would take on average 3D6+10, giving a 10.25 DPR increase after Destiny Inversion changes that one hit into ongoing damage.

Is there a better way to differentiate damage generated from the Infernal Retribution class feature, or a better way to calculate it?

Stuff
Insert Stuff Here
Before attaching to the orginal Infernal Warlock post (level 12 and 16 builds there)...I thought I would post the 24 and 30 here for review.  The builds are based off the recent CS ruling that the Rebuke damage from Hellish Rebuke is triggered everytime the caster takes damage.

***Warning - the following 2 builds are meant to take advantage of the recent CS ruling that stipulates that the Rebuke damage is triggered every time caster takes damage.  Please check with your DM, your parents, your second cousin, and your accountant before using in a game...while legal, it may cost your your friends***Innocent
To reliably trigger the damage three times, I am using a +3 Shadowrift Dagger (free action on hit - 5 damage) and Boots of Caiphon (Minor to shift 1sq*2)...taking a total of 9 damage (as long as I can kill an enemy in 3 hits, I can absorb all the damage with Temp HP from Dark Ones Blessing).

*****Edited 7/30 to account for Hellish Blast not properly retrained to Weapon Focus****

Level 24 DPR:  225.5
Level 30 DPR:  257.9

Level 24 Stats

Attack Bonus:  28 (32) vs Reflex
7 Con
12 ½ Level
5 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(2 Combat Advantage-Shadow Warlock Armor)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 2d6+64+3d8=84.5  (Crit:  12+64+24+30=133)   /   Rebuke:  7+52=59   (Crit:  12+52=64)
7 Con
5 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
4 Blood Pact of Cania
1 Hellfire Blood
3 Fundamental Mastery
4 Superior Implement Bonus
3 Weapon Focus
(3 Siberys Shard of the Mage)*
(5 Called Shot)
(5 Subtle)*
(7 Teleport)
(5 Starborn)*
(5 Lasting Frost)*
(4 Gloves of Ice)*

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.80*84.5)+(0.05*133) = 74.3
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.80*59)+(.05*64) = 50.4
DPR = 225.5

Level 24 Build
24 DRP Build, level 24
Tiefling, Warlock, Academy Master, Radiant One
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Arcane Admixture Power: Hellish Rebuke
Background: Imbuer (Imbuer Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 25, Dex 14, Int 21, Wis 10, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 11.

AC: 35 Fort: 35 Reflex: 36 Will: 36
HP: 152 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +22, History +22, Intimidate +19, Bluff +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +14, Arcana +19, Diplomacy +14, Dungeoneering +12, Endurance +19, Heal +12, Insight +12, Nature +12, Perception +12, Stealth +16, Streetwise +14, Thievery +14, Athletics +13

FEATS
Level 1: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 2: Hellish Blast (retrained to Weapon Focus (Light Blade) at Level 8)
Level 4: Superior Implement Training (Ashen rod) (retrained to Arcane Implement Proficiency at Level 7)
Level 6: Hellfire Blood
Level 8: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 12: Lasting Frost
Level 14: Arcane Admixture
Level 18: White Lotus Riposte
Level 20: Warlock's Wrath
Level 21: Robust Defenses
Level 22: Hellfire Teleport
Level 24: Epic Will

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
Warlock encounter 1: Chains of Levistus
Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock daily 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock utility 6: Shadowslip
Warlock encounter 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock daily 9: Feast of Souls
Warlock utility 10: Accursed Souls
Warlock encounter 13: Killing Flames (replaces Chains of Levistus)
Warlock daily 15: Caution of Dispater (replaces Flames of Phlegethos)
Warlock utility 16: Hero's Defense
Warlock encounter 17: Warlock's Bargain (replaces Fiery Bolt)
Warlock daily 19: Hellfire Eruption (replaces Feast of Souls)
Warlock utility 22: Wings of the Fiend
Warlock encounter 23: Spiteful Darts (replaces Warlock's Bargain)

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Razordark Bracers (paragon tier), Circlet of Indomitability (paragon tier), Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +5, Shadow Warlock Anathema Armor +5, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +3, Boots of Caiphon (epic tier), Siberys Shard of the Mage (paragon tier), Cloak of Translocation +3

Level 30 Stats

Attack Bonus:  34 (38) vs Reflex
8 Con
15 ½ Level
6 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
3 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 2d6+78+3d8=98.5  (Crit: 12+78+24+36= 150)  /   Rebuke:  7+60=67  (Crit=12+60=72)
8 Con
6 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Blood Pact of Cania
5 Fundamental Mastery
3 Weapon Focus
(5 Siberys Shard of the Mage)*
(5 Called Shot)
(6 Sublte Dagger)*
(6 Cursed Spells)
(7 Teleport)
(6 Starborn)*
(5 Lasting Frost)*
(4 Gloves of Ice)*

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.80*98.5)+(0.05*150) = 86.3
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.80*67)+(.05*72) = 57.2
DPR = 257.9

Level 30 Build
30 DPR Build, level 30

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 26, Dex 14, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 41 Fort: 43 Reflex: 42 Will: 42
HP: 183 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 45

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +26, History +26, Intimidate +22, Bluff +24

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Arcana +23, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +15, Endurance +23, Heal +15, Insight +15, Nature +15, Perception +15, Stealth +19, Streetwise +17, Thievery +17, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 2: Hellish Blast (retrained to Weapon Focus (Light Blade) at Level 8)
Level 4: Superior Implement Training (Ashen rod) (retrained to Arcane Implement Proficiency at Level 7)
Level 26: Warding Curse
Level 28: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 30: Cursed Spells

POWERS
Warlock daily 25: Infernal Chains (replaces Caution of Dispater)
Warlock encounter 27: Hellfire Curse (replaces Infernal Moon Curse)
Warlock daily 29: Hurl Through Hell (replaces Avernian Eruption)

ITEMS
Razordark Bracers (paragon tier), Shadow Warlock Starleather Armor +6, Siberys Shard of the Mage (epic tier), Eye of Awareness (epic tier), Diamond Cincture (paragon tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +6, Cloak of Translocation +6, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Boots of Caiphon (epic tier), Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +3
I can see why you'd loose some friends on this.  While RAW, I believe that this is going to get erratted quick.  I'll post it, but I'm pretty sure it's only going to last for 6 months max.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
"I'd rather rule in Cheese Hell (until errata) than serve in RAI Heaven".
John Milton - "Paradise Lost" Smile
John Milton - "Paradise Lost"

check
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I guess that does technically work, if you interpret hellish rebuke in a specific way...

Never mind, I thought I fixed Radiant Flurry but I missed the obvious windrise ports problem.

John Milton - "Paradise Lost"

check

hmm that quote is also in the Dragon 372 under the Prince of Hell article
John Milton - "Paradise Lost" Smile

This made my day.
Before attaching to the orginal Infernal Warlock post (level 12 and 16 builds there)...I thought I would post the 24 and 30 here for review.  The builds are based off the recent CS ruling that the Rebuke damage from Hellish Rebuke is triggered everytime the caster takes damage.

***Warning - the following 2 builds are meant to take advantage of the recent CS ruling that stipulates that the Rebuke damage is triggered every time caster takes damage.  Please check with your DM, your parents, your second cousin, and your accountant before using in a game...while legal, it may cost your your friends***
To reliably trigger the damage three times, I am using a +3 Shadowrift Dagger (free action on hit - 5 damage) and Boots of Caiphon (Minor to shift 1sq*2)...taking a total of 9 damage (as long as I can kill an enemy in 3 hits, I can absorb all the damage with Temp HP from Dark Ones Blessing).

Level 24 DPR:  215.4
Level 30 DPR:  246.2

Level 24 Stats

Attack Bonus:  28 (32) vs Reflex
7 Con
12 ½ Level
5 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 2d6+61+3d8=81.5  (Crit:  12+61+24+30=129)   /   Rebuke:  7+49=56   (Crit:  12+49=61)
7 Con
5 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
4 Blood Pact of Cania
1 Hellfire Blood
3 Fundamental Mastery
(3 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Called Shot)
(5 Subtle)
(7 Teleport)
(5 Starborn)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(4 Gloves of Ice)

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.80*81.5)+(0.05*129) = 71.7
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.80*56)+(.05*63) = 47.9
DPR = 215.4

Level 24 Build
24 DRP Build, level 24

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 25, Dex 14, Int 21, Wis 10, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 35 Fort: 35 Reflex: 36 Will: 36
HP: 152 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 38

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +22, History +22, Intimidate +19, Bluff +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +14, Arcana +19, Diplomacy +14, Dungeoneering +12, Endurance +19, Heal +12, Insight +12, Nature +12, Perception +12, Stealth +16, Streetwise +14, Thievery +14, Athletics +13

FEATS
Level 2: Hellish Blast

POWERS

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Razordark Bracers (paragon tier), Circlet of Indomitability (paragon tier), Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +5, Shadow Warlock Anathema Armor +5, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +3, Boots of Caiphon (epic tier), Siberys Shard of the Mage (paragon tier), Cloak of Translocation +3

Level 30 Stats

Attack Bonus:  34 (38) vs Reflex
8 Con
15 ½ Level
6 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
3 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 2d6+73+3d8=93.5  (Crit: 12+73+24+36= 145)  /   Rebuke:  7+57=64  (Crit=12+57=69)
8 Con
6 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Blood Pact of Cania
5 Fundamental Mastery
(5 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Called Shot)
(6 Sublte Dagger)
(6 Cursed Spells)
(7 Teleport)
(6 Starborn)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(4 Gloves of Ice)

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.80*93.5)+(0.05*145) = 82.1
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.80*64)+(.05*69) = 54.7
DPR = 246.2

Level 30 Build
30 DPR Build, level 30

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 26, Dex 14, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 41 Fort: 43 Reflex: 42 Will: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +26, History +26, Intimidate +22, Bluff +24

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Arcana +23, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +15, Endurance +23, Heal +15, Insight +15, Nature +15, Perception +15, Stealth +19, Streetwise +17, Thievery +17, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 2: Hellish Blast
Level 26: Warding Curse
Level 28: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 30: Cursed Spells

POWERS
Warlock daily 25: Infernal Chains (replaces Caution of Dispater)
Warlock encounter 27: Hellfire Curse (replaces Infernal Moon Curse)
Warlock daily 29: Forbiddance of the Ninth (replaces Avernian Eruption)

ITEMS
Razordark Bracers (paragon tier), Shadow Warlock Starleather Armor +6, Siberys Shard of the Mage (epic tier), Eye of Awareness (epic tier), Diamond Cincture (paragon tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +6, Cloak of Translocation +6, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Boots of Caiphon (epic tier), Shadowrift Blade Incendiary dagger +3

What's the purpose of the feat Hellish Blast if you're just gonna use Hellish rebuke?

Infernis

What's the purpose of the feat Hellish Blast if you're just gonna use Hellish rebuke?

Infernis

Errrr...that was just a test to see if folks were really paying attention, yeah, that's it!

Actually, I have no idea what happened...it was retrained properly at level 16 Embarassed...but then - a miracle occured.  There is no value to keep Hellish Blast at these levels...it was used earlier Heroic Tier.

So, the new values for damage are:

Level 24 DPR:  225.5
Level 30 DPR:  257.9

(Original build updated as well)
Well, it looks like my previous Warlock submission will have to be taken down a notch.  Previously I had included Curse damage as part of the secondary damage from Hellish Rebuke, but that shouldn't happen due to the limitation on curse damage being applied once per round.  To compensate a bit for the DPR loss, I added Reckless Curse and invested in a better off-hand implement.

Attack: +37
Damage: 7d6+44 (71.05 with Ring of the Radiant Storm)
Critical: 42+44+12+9d6 (132.39 with Ring of the Radiant Storm)

Target Reflex = 42 (Monster NAD: 12+level)
Initial DPR = (.20 * 0) + (.65 * 71.05) + (.15 * 132.39) = 66.041

I can automatically trigger the secondary damage of Hellish Rebuke with the off-hand Shadowrift Blade.  I get all the same modifiers on the secondary damage except for my Curse damage, so:

Damage: 2d6+37 (45.37 with Ring of the Radiant Storm)
Critical: 12+37+12+9d6 (95.39 with Ring of the Radiant Storm)

Secondary DPR = (.20 * 0) + (.65 * 45.37) + (.15 * 95.39) = 43.799

Final DPR = 109.84

That doesn't include any potential damage from White Lotus Riposte and Master Riposte.  I wasn't sure how to calculate that, and with the damage dealt above I doubt an enemy would choose to incur another shot.

Attack, Damage, and Critical details:
Show

+8 Con, +15 Level, +6 Enhancement, +3 Expertise, +1 Superior, +2 Combat Advantage, +1 Nimble Blade, +1 Reckless Curse

2d6 Hellish Rebuke, +8 Con, +6 Enhancement, +5 Dual, +3 Focus, +3d6+7 Curse, +7 CA (Radiant One), +6 Radiant Weapon, +2d6 Curse and CA (Hands of Hadar), +2 Radiant Set

Critical 18-20 Range, Radiant Dagger +6d6, Executioner's Bracers +3d6, Ring of Giants +12

*Note - I used someone's suggestion in this thread regarding anydice.com to calculate the effects of the Ring of the Radiant Storm on damage (since it allows you to roll the damage dice twice and keep the higher result).

Here's the build itself - Human Warlock, Student of Caiphon, Radiant One:
Show

HW, level 30
Human, Warlock, Student of Caiphon, Radiant One
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Pact: Star Pact
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (light blade group)
Twofold Pact: Vestige Pact
Quickened Spellcasting: Hellish Rebuke
Background: Buried Alive (Dark) (Endurance class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 26, Dex 15, Int 24, Wis 12, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 11.

AC: 42 Fort: 42 Reflex: 42 Will: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +28, Religion +27, Insight +21, History +27, Arcana +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, Intimidate +16, Nature +16,

Perception +16, Stealth +17, Streetwise +16, Thievery +17, Athletics +15

FEATS
Human: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
Level 1: Reckless Curse
Level 2: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 4: White Lotus Riposte
Level 8: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 10: Superior Implement Training (Accurate dagger)
Level 11: Reserve Maneuver
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Relentless Curse
Level 16: Twofold Curse
Level 18: Twofold Pact
Level 20: Paragon Defenses (retrained to Robust Defenses at Level 21)
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Warding Curse
Level 24: Nimble Blade
Level 26: Student of the Athanaeum
Level 28: Cursed Spells
Level 30: Quickened Spellcasting

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Eyes of the Vestige (retrained to Hellish Rebuke at Level 12)
Reserve Maneuver: Fortune Binding
Warlock encounter 3: Frigid Darkness
Warlock daily 5: Vestige of Ugar
Warlock utility 6: Grit and Spittle
Warlock encounter 7: Mordant Rains of Dis
Warlock daily 9: Feast of Souls (retrained to Vestige of the Onyx Queen at Level 13)
Warlock utility 10: Reactive Surge
Warlock daily 15: Tendrils of Thuban (replaces Flames of Phlegethos)
Warlock utility 16: Insightful Riposte
Warlock encounter 17: Life Force Reclaimed (replaces Frigid Darkness)
Warlock daily 19: Vestige of Kronata (replaces Vestige of Ugar)
Warlock utility 22: Painful Transference
Warlock encounter 23: Starless Void (replaces Mordant Rains of Dis)
Warlock daily 25: Thirteen Baleful Stars (replaces Vestige of the Onyx Queen)
Warlock encounter 27: Shattering of the Sword (replaces Killing Flames)
Warlock daily 29: Doom of Delban (replaces Tendrils of Thuban)

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Starleather Armor +6, Hands of Hadar (epic tier), Ring of the Radiant Storm (paragon tier),

Cloak of Distortion +6, Radiant Accurate dagger +6, Executioner's Bracers (epic tier), Spark Slippers

(paragon tier), Eye of Awareness (epic tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Shadowrift Blade Accurate

dagger +5, Belt of Breaching (paragon tier), Eager Hero's Tattoo (heroic tier)
This isn't a full 1st-30th build (I think someone else is already taking that on with mods to this build to try it as a hybrid paladin/warlock), but give this a go:

L16 infernal cha'lock, generates 60-80 reliably per round, with a nova of 131.

Happy Endings warlock

Thoughts?

Unfortunately it isn't incredibly play-worthy, since one encounter will pretty much shoot his wad, but for a single-encounter playing piece, it feels pretty fun ).

T
Yeah. I did just kill your BBEG with a vorpal frisbee. Problem?
This isn't a full 1st-30th build (I think someone else is already taking that on with mods to this build to try it as a hybrid paladin/warlock), but give this a go:

L16 infernal cha'lock, generates 60-80 reliably per round, with a nova of 131.

Happy Endings warlock

Thoughts?

Unfortunately it isn't incredibly play-worthy, since one encounter will pretty much shoot his wad, but for a single-encounter playing piece, it feels pretty fun ).

T

Please do a DPR analysis.  Calculate your attack bonus, damage bonus and see what your expected damage is versus an average Level 16 monster(AC:30, Fort:28, Ref:28, Will:28).  A ballpark damage you've observed just doesn't do it for me.  For submission in the Nova section please limit yourself to 1 round with spending an action point.  Either have everything reproducible for every encounter thus I'll put you in the Encounter Nova, otherwise it'll compete with the Daily candidates.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Please do a DPR analysis.  Calculate your attack bonus, damage bonus and see what your expected damage is versus an average Level 16 monster(AC:30, Fort:28, Ref:28, Will:28).  A ballpark damage you've observed just doesn't do it for me.  For submission in the Nova section please limit yourself to 1 round with spending an action point.  Either have everything reproducible for every encounter thus I'll put you in the Encounter Nova, otherwise it'll compete with the Daily candidates.

My apologies if I gave the impression I was asking you to do the calcs for me - I included a DPR calc in the original post using 30s across the board.  This will have to be a "Daily" candidate, since it relies on the use of Crown of Stars for around half its damage, and that's a Daily (albeit a L1).  

Here's a revised one at 30/28/28/28 (also revised to use at-will Gift to Avernus, includes re-roll odds for that, rather than go into encounter powers):

Show

Turn 1:  
Minor: retrieve whetstone
Move: forgo move for minor, tap dagger with whetstone
Standard: forgo standard for minor, delay action until party is assembled around me - Wrath of the Gods, grant +6 to my and party member's damage rolls for entire encounter.

Turn 2:
Minor: curse Target A
Move: keep distance, set up Shadow Walk, establish CA against A
Standard: Crown of Stars...   
  +22 to hit versus Reflex (6cha, 8hl, 3enh, 2feat - versatile exp, 2CA, 1prime) = hit on 6+ = 75% total hits (65% normal 10% crit - jagged wpn)
  Damage: 2d12 std +6 cha+3 enh+2d6 curse-fire+6 WoG+5 called shot+3 Hellfire Arcanist+2 ongoing acid whetstone+5 ongoing fire Hellfire Hex + 22 Hellfire Master 2x, once for ongoing cold, once for ongoing fire + 22 Icy Clutch of Stygia 2x, once for ongoing cold, once for ongoing fire
  Standard hit=(13+6+3+7+6+5+3+2+5+22+22) * .65 = 94 * .65 = 61.1
  Crit will max the base and curse dice, add 10 ongoing untyped and add 11 for Hellfire Master and 11 for Icy Clutch of Stygia
  Crit hit=(24+6+3+12+6+5+3+2+5+22+22+10+11+11) * .1 = 142 * .1 = 14.2
  Total DPR, Turn 2:  75.3

Turn 3 (sustainable at-will version, doable every round):
Move: Establish Shadow Walk, CA via Shadow Warlock armor (alternate rounds of move for CA and curse something new, or spend minor on some other activity)
Minor: sustain CoS against A or B (assuming one has saved against both now)
  +22 to hit v Will = hit on 6+ (65%std/10%crit)
  Damage: 69 * .65 = 44.85 standard, 10.6 crit = 55.45 CoS
Standard: Gift to Avernus against target
  +22 to hit (65%/10%, remaining 25% with reroll becomes 16.25%/2.5% extra, total 81.25%std/12.5%crit)
  Damage: 2d10 + 6cha + 3 enh + 5 called + 6 Wrath + 2 ong acid + 11 IC  = 44 * .8125 = 35.75
  Crit:  20+6+3+5+6+2+11+10+11 = 74 * .125 = 9.25
  Total damage Gift: 45
  Total damage Turn 4: 100.45

Alternate Turn 3 (nova version - conceivably Turn 2 if curse is established, but let's say turn 3 to get CA out of the deal):
Minor: Sustain CoS, *no curse damage on this one*
   +22 v Will (hit on 6+, 65%std/10%crit)
   Damage = 6 +5 called + 2 ong acid + 11 ic = 24 * .65 = 15.6
   Crit = 6 + 5 + 2 + 11 + 10 + 11 = 45 * .1 = 4.5
   Total = 20.1
Standard: Curse of the Black Frost
  +22 to hit v Reflex (hit on 6+, 65%/10%)
  Damage: 2d8 + 6cha + 2d6 curse-fire + 3enh + 5called + 6 wrath + 2 ong acid + 11 ic + 11 hm + 5 ong fire + 11 ic + 11 hm
  = 9+6+7+3+5+6+2+11+11+5+11+11 * .65 = 87 * .65 = 56.55
  Crit: 16+6+12+3+5+6+2+11+11+5+11+11+10+11+11 * .1 = 131 * .1 = 13.1
  Inherent Effect of the power: save ends, yields 11 from Hellfire Master
  Total CotBF at time of application=80.65
Move: close to melee with target
Action Point: Standard action - Eldritch Strike
  +24 to hit v AC (extra +2 comes from proficiency), hit on 6+ (65%/10%)
  Damage: 1d4 dagger + 6cha + 3enh + 5called (prime punisher) + 6 wrath + 2 ong acid + 11 ic + 10 untyp ong (Blood Mage AP) + 11 ic
  = 2.5+6+3+5+6+2+11+10+11 * .65 = 56.5 * .65 = 36.725
  Crit: 4+6+3+5+6+2+11+10+11 * .1 = 58 * .1 = 5.8 (if your DM allows "separate sources" for ongoing damage, this crit adds an additional 10 untyped + 11 ic which would otherwise go wasted since this was your AP, these calcs assume it is lost)
  Total: 42.525
  PLUS slide the target 1 (Eldritch Strike effect) - forcing movement and causing the Effect of Curse of the Black Frost to kick in
  CotBF Move Damage: 1d8+6cha+3enh+5called+6wrath (ongoing acid and its aftermath have been dealt already, not applicable as "statics", see if your DM allows separate sources, this assumes not)
  =4.5+6+3+5+6 *.75 (hit chance with Eldritch Strike) = 24.5 * .65 = 18.375
  (note that anyone in your party can now make this target move to generate additional damage)
  Total for Turn 4 - Nova: 20.1 + 80.65 + 42.525 + 18.375 = 161.65

Turn 1, setup
Turn 2 damage:  75.3
Turn 3, sustainable damage:  100.45
Nova round damage:  161.65 

I will point out that I am using very modest equipment on this PC, I used a budget of 25,000 gp to purchase gear.  With L+1, L, and L-1 items there would be significant boosts across the board, but I'll leave them out for now while the mechanic is validated.  

Edit:  realized my CA lasts to end my next turn, have corrected for this.

Hope you like it ).

T

Yeah. I did just kill your BBEG with a vorpal frisbee. Problem?
***Warning - the following 2 builds are meant to take advantage  of the recent CS ruling that stipulates that the Rebuke damage is  triggered every time caster takes damage.  Please check with your DM,  your parents, your second cousin, and your accountant before using in a  game...while ..

Where is this rule? cant find it.. ty
***Warning - the following 2 builds are meant to take advantage  of the recent CS ruling that stipulates that the Rebuke damage is  triggered every time caster takes damage.  Please check with your DM,  your parents, your second cousin, and your accountant before using in a  game...while ..

Where is this rule? cant find it.. ty

Posted a couple of place...usually the best place to find CS answers is over in the Rules formum under Consolidated Customer service Answers thread...here is the response from them however.

Here is the CS response to whether or not Hellish Rebuke is triggered the first time you take damage or everytime...the answer is every time.

Subject
Hellish Rebuke Frequency

Discussion Thread
 Response (Support Agent)07/28/2010 11:33 AM
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us. Here are the answers to your questions:

1.  Does the extra damage trigger every time the caster takes damage before  the end of his turn or only the first time he takes damage?
A: Each time you are damaged is a separate 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage to the target.

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Jamie
Online Response Crew
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
Saturday
-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

Hmm
 i see now, but u are sure u can add all that damage?   cuz is just a extra damage of ur attack, not a secundary attack or hit,  cuz lot of things on the build says that u need to attack or hit the enemy.. like called shot and stuff... so how u get all that damage on the extra damage?   ty
Hmm
 i see now, but u are sure u can add all that damage?   cuz is just a extra damage of ur attack, not a secundary attack or hit,  cuz lot of things on the build says that u need to attack or hit the enemy.. like called shot and stuff... so how u get all that damage on the extra damage?   ty

The Rebuke damage is not an attack (so if the damage requires a hit, can't use it...but it considered a damage roll.

So not all the damage for sure...most of the damage I am applying was by result of concesus from various theads.  I added the standard (Con, Weapon, DIS, etc) and then where the conditions still applies added (Starborn, Subtle, Lasting Frost, Gloves of Ice, Shard).  Since it considered a damage roll, then any modifires that can affect the roll apply (unless otherwise stated in the power).  I did not add on Called shot, Cursed Spells, Hellfire Teleport.

Hey, Borg, got some updated Stormwarden numbers for ya.

Level 1

Attack Bonus Sources:
+4 (Strength)
+3 (Proficiency)
TOTAL: +7

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +7 vs. AC
Main Hand: 2d4 damage
Main Hand, Critical: 8 damage
Off Hand: 2d4 damage
Off Hand, Critical: 8 damage
Hunter's Quarry: +1d6 damage

DPR: (0.60)*(2)*(5) + (0.05)*(2)*(8) + ([0.60]2 + 2*[0.35]*[0.60])*(3.5) + (1-[1-0.05]2)*(6) = 10.12 DPR

Level 6

Attack Bonus Sources:
+4 (Strength)
+3 (Level)
+3 (Proficiency)
+1 enhancement (+1 Weapon)
+1 feat (Weapon Expertise)
TOTAL: +12

Damage Bonus Sources:
+2 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+1 enhancement (+1 Weapon)
+1 feat (Weapon Focus)
+1 (Siberys Shard)
+1 (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +12 vs. AC
Main Hand, Hit: 2d4+6 cold damage
Main Hand, Critical:
1d6+14 cold damage
Off Hand, Hit:
2d4+5 cold damage
Off Hand, Critical:
1d6+13 cold damage
Hunter's Quarry:
+1d6 cold damage

DPR: (0.60)*(11) + (0.05)*(17.5) + (0.60)*(10) + (0.05)*(16.5) + ([0.60]2 + [2]*[0.35]*[0.60])*(3.5) + (1-[1-0.05]2)*(6) = 17.62 DPR

Level 12

Attack Bonus Sources:
+6 (Level)
+5 (Strength)
+3 (Proficiency)
+3 enhancement (+3 Weapon)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+1 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+1 (Prime Shot)
TOTAL: +21

Damage Bonus Sources:
+5 (Lasting Frost)
+2 feat (Weapon Focus)
+2 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+2 (Gloves of Ice)
+1 (Siberys Shard)
+1 (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +21 vs. AC with CA when no allies are adjacent
Main Hand, Hit: 2d4+16 cold damage
Main Hand, Critical: 3d6+24 cold damage
Off Hand, Hit: 2d4+15 cold damage
Off Hand, Critical: 3d6+23 cold damage
Hunter's Quarry: +2d6 cold damage
Swift Blade Style: 5 cold damage
Blade Storm: 5 damage

DPR: (0.75)*(21) + (0.05)*(34.5) + (0.75)*(20) + (0.05)*(33.5) + ([0.75]2 + [2]*[0.20]*[0.75])*(7) + (1-[1-0.05]2)*(12) + (0.80)*(0.80)*(5) + (5) = 49.56 DPR

Level 16

Attack Bonus Sources:
+8 (Level)
+6 (Strength)
+3 (Proficiency)
+2 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+1 (Nimble Blade)
+1 (Prime Shot)
TOTAL: +26

Damage Bonus Sources:
+5 (Called Shot)
+5 (Lasting Frost)
+4 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+3 (Siberys Shard)
+2 feat (Weapon Focus)
+2 (Gloves of Ice)
+1 (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +26 vs. AC with CA when no allies are adjacent
Main Hand, Hit: 2d4+25 cold damage
Main Hand, Critical: 3d6+33 cold damage
Off Hand, Hit: 2d4+24 cold damage
Off Hand, Critical: 3d6+32 cold damage
Hunter's Quarry: +2d6 cold damage
Swift Blade Style: 6 cold damage
Blade Storm: 6 damage
Twin-Blade Storm: 6 lightning damage to two targets

DPR: (0.80)*(30) + (0.05)*(43.5) + (0.80)*(29) + (0.05)*(42.5) + ([0.80]2 + [2]*[0.15]*[0.80])*(7) + (1-[1-0.05]2)*(12) + (0.85)*(0.85)*(6) + (6) + (6) = 75.17 DPR

Level 24

Attack Bonus Sources:
+12 (Level)
+8 (Strength)
+5 enhancement (+5 Weapon)
+3 (Proficiency)
+2 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+2 (Prime Shot)
+1 (Nimble Blade)
+1 (Prime Hunter)
TOTAL: +36

Damage Bonus Sources:
+5 enhancement (+5 Weapon)
+5 (Called Shot)
+5 (Lasting Frost)
+4 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+4 (Gloves of Ice)
+3 feat (Weapon Focus)
+3 (Siberys Shard)
+1 (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +36 vs. AC with CA when no creatures are adjacent
Main Hand, Hit: 4d4+30 cold damage
Main Hand, Critical: 5d6+56 cold damage
Off Hand, Hit: 4d4+29 cold damage
Off Hand, Critical: 5d6+55 cold damage
Hunter's Quarry: +3d6 cold damage
Swift Blade Style: 8 cold damage
Blade Storm: 8 damage
Twin-Blade Storm: 8 lightning damage to two targets

DPR: (0.85)*(40) + (0.10)*(73.5) + (0.85)*(39) + (0.10)*(72.5) + ([0.85]2 + [2]*[0.05]*[0.85])*(10.5) + (1-[1-0.10]2)*(18) + (0.95)*(0.95)*(8) + (8) + (8) = 116.87 DPR

Level 30

Attack Bonus Sources:
+15 (Level)
+9 (Strength)
+6 enhancement (+6 Weapon)
+3 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+3 (Proficiency)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+2 (Prime Shot)
+1 (Nimble Blade)
+1 (Prime Hunter)
TOTAL: +42

Damage Bonus Sources:
+6 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+5 (Called Shot)
+5 (Lasting Frost)
+5 (Siberys Shard)
+4 (Ferocious Critical)
+4 (Gloves of Ice)
+3 feat (Weapon Focus)
+1 (Two-Weapon Fighting)

Twin Strike: 2 attacks, +39 vs. AC with CA (+42 vs. AC with CA if no other creatures are adjacent to the target)
Main Hand: 4d4+35 cold damage

Main Hand, Critical: 6d6+63 cold damage
Off Hand: 4d4+34 cold damage
Off Hand, Critical: 6d6+62 cold damage
MBA, Two-Weapon Opening, Hit: 6d4+47 cold damage

MBA, Two-Weapon Opening, Critical: 6d6+83 cold damage

Quarry: +3d6 cold damage
Rending Tempest: +2d4 cold damage

Swift Blade Style: 9 damage
Blade Storm: 9 damage

Twin-Blade Storm: 9 lightning damage to two targets

Ferocious Critical Not Active, Lasting Frost Active: {0.8075}*{(0.85)*(45) + (0.10)*(84) + (0.10)*(0.85)*(62) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(104) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.85)*(65) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.10)*(107) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.85)*(62) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.10)*(104) + (0.85)*(0.85)*(58) + (0.85)*(0.10)*(100) + (0.05)*(0.85)*(44) + (0.05)*(0.10)*(83)}

Ferocious Critical Active, Lasting Frost Active: {0.19}*{(0.85)*(49) + (0.10)*(88) + (0.10)*(0.85)*(66) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(108) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.85)*(69) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.10)*(111) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.85)*(66) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.10)*(108) + (0.85)*(0.85)*(62) + (0.85)*(0.10)*(104) + (0.05)*(0.85)*(48) + (0.05)*(0.10)*(87)}

No Lasting Frost: {0.0025}*{(0.70)*(40) + (0.10)*(84) + (0.10)*(0.85)*(62) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(104) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.85)*(65) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(0.10)*(107) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.85)*(62) + (0.10)*(0.90)*(0.10)*(104) + (0.70)*(0.85)*(58) + (0.70)*(0.10)*(100) + (0.20)*(0.70)*(39) + (0.20)*(0.10)*(78)}

Universal: (0.9975)*([0.85]2 + [2]*[0.05]*[0.85])*(10.5) + (0.0025)*([0.70*0.85] + [0.15*0.70] +[0.70*0.05])*(10.5) + (1-[1-0.10]2)*(18) + (9) + (9)

Total DPR: 143.38 DPR
Just as a nod to the fact that Battleminds can play among the absolute top tiers of damage and still be a fully capable Defender...

Level 16: 72.3 DPR (plus target is prone and slowed)
build
Race: Dwarf
Con 22, Wis 20, Str 15
PP: Son of Mercy
Relevant Feats: Defender of the Wild, Dwarfen Weapon Training, Crippling Crush, Lasting Frost, Wintertouched, Hammer Rhythm, Expertise, [Melee Training (Con), Sudden Roots]
Powers: Brutal Barrage, [Lightning Rush, one other]
Items: Frost Craghammer +3, Heavy Shield, Ring of Giants, [Gloves of Ice, Siberys Shard of Mercieless Cold, Iron Armbands of Power, the usual rest]

damage
Attack:
+8 level +6 Con +3 enhancement +2 proficiency +2 CA +2 expertise = +23 vs AC 30 => 30% miss, 65% hit, 5% crit

Brutal Barrage (aug1 @ 7 PP total, more with Cognizance Crystals): 4 attacks, each:
-- miss: 6 dmg (Hammer Rhythm)
-- hit:  6 Con + 6 Con (Crippling Crush) + 5 Wis (Son of Mercy) + 5 (vulnarebility cold) = 22 dmg
-- crit: 22 (regular) + 6 (Ring of Giants) + 3d6 (crit bonus) = 39,5 dmg

DPR:
4 * (0,3 * 6 + 0,65 * 22 + 0,05 * 39,5) = 72,3 DPR

Level 30: 175.5 / 211.1 DPR before / after MS (plus target is prone and slowed)
build
Race: Dwarf
Con 28, Wis 26, Str 16
PP: Son of Mercy
ED: Demigod
Relevant Feats: Defender of the Wild, Dwarfen Weapon Training, Crippling Crush, Lasting Frost, Wintertouched, Hammer Rhythm, Expertise, [Melee Training (Con), Sudden Roots] (same as level 16)
Powers: Brutal Barrage, Brilliant Recovery, [Lightning Rush]
Items: Frost Craghammer +6, Heavy Shield, Ring of Giants, Ring of Free Time, Gloves of Ice +4, Siberys Shard of Mercieless Cold +5, Iron Armbands of Power +6, [the usual rest]

damage
Attack:
+15 level +9 Con +6 enhancement +2 proficiency +2 CA +3 expertise = +37 vs AC 44 => 30% miss, 65% hit, 5% crit

Brutal Barrage (aug1 @ 15 PP total, more with Cognizance Crystals): 4 attacks, each:
-- miss: 9 dmg (Hammer Rhythm)
-- hit: 9 Con + 9 Con (Crippling Crush) + 8 Wis (Son of Mercy) + 5 (vulnarebility cold) = 31 dmg
-- crit: 31 (regular) + 12 (Ring of Giants) + 6d6 (crit bonus) = 64 dmg

if missed at least one BB attack -> trigger Brilliant Recovery: 2 times before / 3 times after Milestone (Ring of Free Time); change targets with Lightning Rush
-- miss: 9 dmg (Hammer Rhythm)
-- hit: 9 Con + 9 Con (Crippling Crush) + 8 Wis (Son of Mercy) + 5 (vulnarebility cold) + 4 (Glovs of Ice) + 5 (Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold) + 2 feat + 6 item + 6 enhancement + 1d10b2 = 60,5 dmg
-- crit: 64 (maxed regular) + 12 (Ring of Giants) + 6d6 (crit bonus) = 97 dmg

DPR:
before MS: 4 * (0,3 * 9 + 0,65 * 31 + 0,05 * 64) + 0,76 * 2 * (0,3 * 9 + 0,65 * 60,5 + 0,05 * 97) = 175,5 DPR
after MS: 4 * (0,3 * 9 + 0,65 * 31 + 0,05 * 64) + 0,76 * 3 * (0,3 * 9 + 0,65 * 60,5 + 0,05 * 97) =211,1 DPR

Note that you still run around in full heavy armor and heavy shield and have oodles of HP and surges, you still have all marks and punishment open and you leave your target prone and slowed on the ground. Furthermore the damage is very consistent even against higher AC, because we have Hammer Rhythm and at 30 more misses trigger Brilliant Recovery more consistently.

And you can easily squeeze out much more if you go two TWF / TWO, abuse radiant damage and maybe switch weapon types (Axes for Headman's Chop / Rending / Jagged, Heavy Blades for higher precision Headman's Chop / Jagged).
I actually threw a quick build together with your guidelines in mind, langeweile, and I think you may have sold it a bit short: I'm coming up with a bit more damage.

Dwarf Battlemind

Dwarf Battlemind/Son of Mercy/Demigod:
L1 – Str 14, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 10
L4 – Str 14, Con 19, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 17, Cha 10
L8 – Str 14, Con 20, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 10
L11 – Str 15, Con 21, Dex 14, Int 9, Wis 19, Cha 11
L14 – Str 15, Con 22, Dex 14, Int 9, Wis 20, Cha 11
L18 – Str 15, Con 23, Dex 14, Int 9, Wis 21, Cha 11
L21 – Str 16, Con 26, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 24, Cha 12
L24 – Str 16, Con 27, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 25, Cha 12
L28 – Str 16, Con 28, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 26, Cha 12

Feats:
L1 – Melee Training (Constitution)
L2 – Dwarven Weapon Training
L4 – Weapon Expertise (Hammers)
L6 – Defender of the Wild (Perception)
L8 – Crippling Crush
L10 – Wintertouched
L11 – Lasting Frost
L12 – Hammer Rhythm
L14 – Armor Proficiency (Plate)
L16 – Dwarven Durability
L18 – Improved Initiative
L20 – Paragon Defenses
L21 – Devouring Demand
L21 – Robust Defenses (replaces Paragon Defenses)
L22 – Armor Specialization (Plate)
L22 – Superior Initiative (replaces Improved Initiative)
L24 – Rapid Mind Spike
L26 – Prescient Retaliation
L28 – Epic Reflexes
L30 – Epic Fortitude

AC: 48 --> 10 base, +15 levels, +14 armor, +6 enhancement, +2 shield, +1 feat
Fort: 48 --> 10 base, +15 levels, +9 ability (Constitution), +6 enhancement, +4 Epic Fortitude, +2 feat, +2 item
Ref: 41 --> 10 base, +15 levels, +2 ability (Dexterity), +6 enhancement, +2 feat, +2 shield, +4 Epic Reflexes
Will: 45 --> 10 base, +15 levels, +8 ability (Wisdom), +6 enhancement, +2 class, +2 feat, +2 item

HP: 217 --> 15 base, +174 levels, +28 ability (Constitution)
Bloodied: 108 HP or less
Healing Surges: 20 --> 9 base, +9 ability (Constitution), +2 Dwarven Durability
Healing Surge Value: 63 HP

Initiative: +30 --> +2 ability (Dexterity), +15 levels, +8 feat, +5 item

Magic Items (Expected GP = 14,625,000):
L29 (2,625,000 gp): Ring of Free Time (AV 2)
L28 (2,125,000 gp):
+6 Frost Craghammer (PHB)
L28 (2,125,000 gp):
+6 Frost Throwing Hammer (PHB)
L28 (2,125,000 gp):
+6 Steadfast Amulet (AV)
L27 (1,625,000 gp):
+6 Dwarven Godplate Armor (PHB)
L26 (1,125,000 gp):
Iron Armbands of Power (Epic Tier) (AV)
L23 (425,000 gp):
Eye of Awareness (AV)
L22 (325,000 gp):
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (Epic Tier) (EPG)
L22 (325,000 gp):
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (Epic Tier) (EPG)
L21 (225,000 gp): Gloves of Ice (Epic Tier) (AV 2)
L20 (125,000 gp):
Diamond Cincture (Paragon Tier) (AV 2)
L18 (85,000 gp):
Planestrider Boots (MOTP)
L13 (17,000 gp):
Ring of Giants (D 378)
L9 (4,200 gp):
Backlash Tattoo (AV 2)
Nonmagical:
Heavy Shield (PHB)
TOTAL:
13,271,200 gp

Attack Bonus Sources:
+15 (Level)
+9 (Constitution)
+3 feat (Weapon Expertise)
+2 (Combat Advantage)
+2 (Proficiency)
Total: +37

Damage Bonus Sources:
+9 (Constitution)
+9 (Crippling Crush)
+8 (Lawbreaker’s Doom)
+6 item (Iron Armbands of Power)
+5 (Lasting Frost)
+5 (Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold)
+4 (Gloves of Ice)
+2 feat (Dwarven Weapon Training)

Brutal Barrage: +37 vs. AC with CA
Hit: 31 cold damage
Critical: 6d6+43 cold damage
Miss: 9 damage

Brilliant Recovery: +37 vs. AC with CA
Hit: 2d10 (brutal 2) + 54 cold damage
Critical: 6d6+86 cold damage
Miss: 9 damage

DPR: (3)*(0.65)*(31) + (3)*(0.05)*(64) + (3)*(0.30)*(9) + (1-[1-0.30]3)*(2)*([0.65]*[67] + [0.05]*[107] + [0.30]*[9]) = 145.95 DPR

DPR (1 PP expended): (4)*(0.65)*(31) + (4)*(0.05)*(64) + (4)*(0.30)*(9) + (1-[1-0.30]4)*(2)*([0.65]*[67] + [0.05]*[107] + [0.30]*[9]) = 182.62 DPR

DPR (1 PP expended, after milestone): (4)*(0.65)*(31) + (4)*(0.05)*(64) + (4)*(0.30)*(9) + (1-[1-0.30]4)*(3)*([0.65]*[67] + [0.05]*[107] + [0.30]*[9]) = 221.83 DPR

Suffice to say, very impressive, and likely worthy of its own thread, wouldn't you agree?

As for Radiant, I don't think it'll generate much more single target oomph this will; going for Morninglord and Radiant Advantage results in less damage than this (though it is markedly less feat-intensive, there's not all that many damage options for something that doesn't have a damage roll), and Headsman's Chop is kind of situational here (two or more BB attacks have to hit for that to happen, and giving up on Hammer Rhythm means you're likely treading water or worse on the DPR front).
You made Brilliant Recovery 2W, but it's only a 1W power if unaugmented - I think that's the error.
And I'd probably slip in Sudden Roots somewhere, as OAs (and not Mind Spike) is your main punishment, and Sudden Roots both adds Con as damage and stops melee mobs from reaching your allies.

Impressive - yeah, maybe... But not really any different from what I've been suggesting since the BM came out - just added the numbers here.
And really, it's just damage in a Defenber-Tinbox. I think tactically Ronin will change how encounters are played much more. (If you don't like the low-ish damage there's plenty of way to improve that, if you're willing to dial a bit back on control or status resilience. I'll see when I can write down the variations from my notepad.)

Concerning radiant the trick is that there are so many ways to boost the vulnarebility to ridicolous amounts (Pelor's Sun Blessing, Punishing Radiance, Font of Radiance, Ring of Radiant Storm, ? some Holy Symbol I forgot ? || Pervasive Light).
And if you play a Tiefling (18 Con, 16 Int, 13 Cha, MC Paladin) and go Radiant One you can exploit Frost (full vul + gloves + shard) and 10 radiant vul and 5 fire vul (Hell's Burning Mark) at epic. That would roughly be [8 Con + 5 vul cold + 7 Int Radiant One + 10 vul rad + 5 vul fire + 8 Con boon = 43 base dmg] on BB (and of course more dmg on BR). If I could now find a way to increase my crit-range to trigger consistent Punishing Radiance (more vul and either a free OA or more radiant dmg thanks to Font of Radiance) and get TWO (or rending) that would hit even harder - at the moment I only get it on AP turns... If you keep Hammers and Hammer Rhythm the dmg from Radiant One (plus two vuls) would even trigger on a miss (discussable with Frostcheese, definate once the target is prone), kicking damage even higher and making missing more interesting to ensure getting BR.
At last if you manage 13 Wis and pick the Avenger MC you'll get redicolous novas...
Sign In to post comments