DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
[Well in that case, i'll have to put together a revenant avenger with soul of the world and twinstrike

"I suck I suck I suck I suck I AM THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS".

Although you're so feat constrained I'm not sure a straight build will actually beat the straight living half-elf avenger (~160, using some of the tricks Auspex7 showed me)

aaaaahhhhh....

You got me?! I figured that you or LDB would edge me out before the end of the day today. Had a hunch you'd have it hammered out by the end of the day yesterday, even. Did I miss the post in here already?

160, too... you even beat out what I'd have gotten by hammering out all of the slush DPR that I left on the table, you jerk! I was hoping to have one more "gotcha!" left if someone beat me by 3-5 points, but... it looks like I've been crushed.

Well played, sir

/me gives kilpatds a flying high 5!
Not posted anywhere.  Just a generic Valenar Half-Elf Morninglord Eternal Seeker.  TO material, only good against tofu.  The main trick I'd missed is the Queen's Gift item set, and the ring.  (160.65 at 30th, 65.97 at 16th, 269@)

Show

Half-Elf Avenger(/Fighter)/Morninglord/Eternal Seeker

Str 16 (+1+1+1+1+1+1 +1+1) = 24
Con 11+2 ( +1 +1 ) = 15
Dex 13 ( +1 +1 ) = 15
Int 8 ( +1 +1 ) = 10
Wis 16 (+1+1+1+1+1+1 +1+1) = 24
Cha 10+2 ( +1 +1 ) = 14

Feats 1 Versatile Expertise
2 Valenar Weapon Training
4 Power Attack
6 Battle Awareness
8 Unarmored Agility (retrained to Armor Prof: Leather at 14)
10 IaoF (retrained to Painful Oath at level 11)
11 Versatile Master
12 MC Util Swap (battlefury) (Retrained to Armor Spec(Scale) @ 24)
14 Armor Prof(Chainmail)
16 Pervasive Light
18 TBD (Retrained to TWF @ 26)
20 TBD (Retrained to Slashing Storm at 20)
21 Hand of Divine Guidance
22 Punishing Radiance
24 Armor Prof(scale)
26 TWO
28 Font of Radiance
30 NAD Booster

Equipment
+6 Bloodiron Double Scimitar
Radiant Dragonshard (Epic)
Ring of the Radiant Storm (Gifts for the Queen)
Crown of the Brilliant Sun
Spark Slippers
Epic IAoP
Ring of Giants x2
Manyfingered Glove

Rules notes:
Gifts of the Queen's damage bonus triggers (clearly) on radiant damage
rolls from Radiant POWERS. Thanks to Painful Oath, Twin Strike has
the radiant keyword, even though only one attack will do radiant damage.
Same for the Radiant Dragonshard (but less clear there).

------------------------------------
--
-- Level 30 (160.65)
--
Ring of Radiant Storm:
2d6 = 8.37
6d10 = 42.16
6d10+3d6 = 55.16

To Hit:
+15 Level
+ 7 Str
+ 6 Magic
+ 3 Expertise
+ 2 Prof
- 2 Power Attack
--------
+31 (target 44)
64% chance w/ oath.
19% chance to crit

Damage
+ 9 Power Attack (stout double weapon)
+ 6 Enhancement
+ 6 Iron Armbands (Item)
+ 6 Battlefury Stance
+ 5 Radiant Dragonshard
+ 4 Valenar Weapon Training
+ 3 Gifts of the Queen
--------
+39

Every Crit
+6d10 (Bloodiron)
+6d10 (Next round, pulled out as a separate damage roll)
+3d6 (High Crit)
+12 (Ring of Giants)
+12 (Ring of Giants)
-----------
=(+6d10+3d6+24)+6d10
=79.16 + 42.16
-----------
=121.32

BA (with vulnerability)
0.64 * (8.37 + 39 + 10 + 7) + 0.19*(12-8.37+121.32)
=64.9373

Crit (1/turn)
+10+10 (Font of Radiance and Vulnerability)
+64.9373 (Basic Attack)
--------

Twin Strike, starting cold
2*(0.64 * (8.37 + 39) + 0.19*(12-8.37+121.32))

Twin Strike, starting hot
2*(0.64 * (8.37 + 39 + 10) + 0.19*(12-8.37+121.32))

Chance of hitting at all on the last round: 1-0.6^4 = 87.04%

Twin Strike DPR
0.8704 * 120.9147 + 0.1296 * 108.1145

Chance of critting at all on this round: 1-0.9^4: 34.39%
Crit 1/round damage
.3439 * 84.9373

Chance of hitting at all on this round: 87.04%
+7 (Painful Oath. Attack already pinged Vulnerability)
+7 (Slashing Storm)
0.8704 * 14 = 12.1856

DPR:
119.25579408 + 29.20993747 + 12.1856

--
-- Level 16 (65.97)
--
Equipment
+3 Jagged Double Scimitar
Radiant Dragonshard (Paragon)
Paragon IAoP
Ring of Giants x1

Ring of Radiant Storm:
1d6 = 4.47
2d6 = 8.37

To Hit:
+ 8 Level
+ 5 Str
+ 3 Magic
+ 2 Expertise
+ 2 Prof
- 2 Power Attack
--------
+18 (target 30)
69.75% chance w/ oath.
19% chance to crit

Damage
+ 6 Power Attack (stout double weapon)
+ 3 Enhancement
+ 4 Iron Armbands (Item)
+ 4 Battlefury Stance
+ 3 Radiant Dragonshard
+ 3 Valenar Weapon Training
--------
+23

Every Crit
+2d6 (High Crit)
+6 (Ring of Giants)
-----------
= 8.37 + 6 = 14.37
= 14.37

Crit (1/turn)
+10 (Jagged, assume makes first save)
--------
=10

Twin Strike, starting cold
2*(0.6975 * (4.47 + 23) + 0.19*(6-4.47+14.37))
= 44.36265

Twin Strike, starting hot
2*(0.6975 * (4.47 + 23 + 10) + 0.19*(6-4.47+14.37))
= 58.31265

Chance of hitting at all on the last round: 1-0.45^4 = 95.899375/4.100625

Twin Strike DPR
0.95899375 * 58.31265 + .04100625 * 44.36265
= 57.740612813

Chance of critting at all on this round: 1-0.9^4: 34.39%
Crit 1/round damage
.3439 * 10
=3.439

Chance of hitting at all on this round: 97.44%
+5 (Painful Oath)
.95899375 * 5 = 4.79496875

DPR:
= 57.740612813 + 3.439 + 4.79496875
= 65.974581563

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

The Executioner works again (now 211 DPR, otherwise same). It's probably weaker than the standard morninglord twin strike avenger, but also less likely to get hit by the next update.

Edit: Added a improved DPR version for 232 DPR (using Auspex7's, mellored's and kilpad's suggestions, thanx guys )
211 > 160.65 (Ok, I'm not using a dancing weapon, and 153 < 160.65, but still.  And since you're swinging a radiant double axe, you can do the same trick of a mummified hand, Ring of Radiant Storm, and a couple of other items from the item set.)  I think that's called "stronger" in most places.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Here ya go.

[sblock Auspex7's Emnity]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 30
Revenant, Avenger, Ardent Champion, Soul of the World
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Crossbow)
Knowledge of Ancient Lives: Knowledge of Ancient Lives (Ranger)
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Minotaur)
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Githzerai)
Choose your Race in Life: Deva

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 26, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 12, Wis 24, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 30 Fort: 40 Reflex: 34 Will: 39
HP: 202 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 50

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +21, Perception +27, Stealth +22, Acrobatics +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +16, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +22, Endurance +19, Heal +22, History +16, Insight +22, Intimidate +18, Nature +22, Streetwise +16, Thievery +17, Athletics +23

FEATS
Level 1: Versatile Expertise
Level 2: Potent Rebirth
Level 4: Restless Dead
Level 6: Melee Training (Wisdom)
Level 8: Avenging Resolution
Level 10: Power Attack
Level 11: Painful Oath
Level 12: Two-Blade Warrior
Level 14: Prime Strike
Level 16: Critical Targeting
Level 18: Devastating Critical
Level 20: Agile Stand (retrained to Slashing Storm at Level 21)
Level 21: Ghostly Vitality
Level 22: Heavy Blade Opportunity
Level 24: Githzerai Blade Master
Level 26: Beast Within
Level 28: Hand of Divine Guidance
Level 30: Prime Hunter

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike (retrained to Twin Strike at Level 24)

ITEMS
Battlecrazed Bastard sword +6 (2), Life Charm +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier) (3), Many-Fingered Gloves (paragon tier), Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (epic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock] Assumption: You enter battle below 0 (No save is needed due to life charm, and you have resist 30).  You have crit the target at least once (for critical targeting).

Damage Calc Twin-strike

To hit: 40, roll twice
35 (base)
1 (beast within)
2 (potent rebirth)
2 (restless dead)
1 (prime strike)
1 (prime hunter)
-2 (power attack)

Hit Damage: 50.6
2d10 (base + avenging resolution) = 11.6
Enchantment = 6
3d6 (battlecrazed + avenging resolution) = 12
GBM = 4
Iron Armbands = 6
Potent Rebirth = 2
Beast Within = 1
Power Attack = 6
Critical Targeting = 2

Crit Damage: 130.8
Base = 65
6d6 (weapon + avenging resolution) = 24
1d10 (devistaint criticals + avenging resolution) = 5.8
12*3 (Ring of Giants) = 36
+MBA (1/round) = ??

Chance to miss = 1- (.15 * .15) = 2.25% * 0 = 0
Chance to hit = (.7775 * 50.6) * 2  = 78.43
Chance to crit = .2 * 145.8 * 2 = 52.35
+13.685 (painfull oath and slashing storm)

Crits are higher the .20%, but i don't know how much.

144.465 DRP, but that's a bit low, since i didn't calculate the true crit-rate.  Also at least a 36% chance for a free MBA, that isn't added.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

211 > 160.65 (Ok, I'm not using a dancing weapon, and 153 < 160.65, but still.  And since you're swinging a radiant double axe, you can do the same trick of a mummified hand, Ring of Radiant Storm, and a couple of other items from the item set.)  I think that's called "stronger" in most places.

You have to hold a Mummified Hand to get the ring's benefit.  I don't think you can hold it while attacking with a double weapon.  Two Ring of Giants do not stack anymore, so you could replace one with the Ring of the Radiant Storm.

You have to hold a Mummified Hand to get the ring's benefit.  I don't think you can hold it while attacking with a double weapon.  Two Ring of Giants do not stack anymore, so you could replace one with the Ring of the Radiant Storm.

I think he meant Many-Fingered Gloves, which would allow Ring of the Radiant Storm, War Ring, and Ring of Giants.
I knew there was an item, I just found the wrong one in my quick search.  (The 3.5 mummified hand could be hung around you neck.  I combined that with "wonderous items take no slots", and assumed "hold" was being used to mean "carried")

But Dielzen pointed out a bigger problem: I used the wrong syntax on anydice to get my Ring of Radiant Storm numbers.  The real DRP for that build is 155.08.  I have to pick a level 30 feature (Godlike Stature) to get back to 160.

There has been a request to add an cheese element key:
= : spam daily item power or limited(X consecutive times / day) recharging of a daily power somehow

The purpose of this key element is to flag builds that only work for 3/5/7 encounters / day, or in the case of the level 30 archmage feature and arcane mastery.  There is no question if these things work, but neither is there a question of dragon material nor frostcheese.  They serve as flags for lurkers.

Thoughts?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Posting my reply here...

I want a key for Daily Item Use.  Beatstick (the longthooth shifter) uses them for about 6 DPR of about 90.

I think a key for recycling dailies is a good idea, but I don't think it should be the same key.  I don't think a power that explicitly allows for reclying daily powers will bring the same "gosh-darm munchkins" response as a sack-full-of-+1-item will.

I agree about daily recharge/recycling.  And I believe they should both be mentioned, as I personally think that Arcane Mastery is the biggest reason why Blaster Wizards compete with Sorcerers at their own game.  I think any method of recharging dailies is ridiculously strong - and 1 feat that allows you to recharge 3 dailies (or more) per day, is simply the best possible feat out there.  (Yes I realize you sacrifice action points.. but encounter long minor attacks are simply better than action points.)  Level 30 features on the other hand.. well.. they're level 30 features and I'm not particularly concerned about them, although they should probably be mentioned.
Updated the Warlock 16 Infernal Warlock to DPR of 85.5 and added a level 12 version with DPR of 62.2.
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
Updated the Warlock 16 Infernal Warlock to DPR of 85.5 and added a level 12 version with DPR of 62.2.

Congradulations.  The warlock has been proven to be quite a striker if built right.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
I took tl's bugbear ranger/fighter 1 build and replaced shortswords with scourges. Lost attack bonus and gained damage bonus, which at level 1 is slightly better.

Bugbear Ranger|Tempest Fighter 1, DPR~14.3

Bugbear Ranger|Tempest Fighter 1
Str 20
Hybrid Talent: Tempest Technique
Scourge / Scourge  Twin Strike
Attack: +8 vs AC, two attacks
Hit 1d10 + 2 / 1d10 + 2
Hunter's Quarry: 1d6

DPR: (0.65
* 7.5) + (0.05 * 12) + (0.65 * 7.5) + (0.05 * 12) + (1 - (1 - 0.65)^2 - (1 - (1 - 0.05)^2)) * 3.5 + (1 - (1 - 0.05)^2) * 6 = 14.31

Edit: oops, flail doesn't work with tempest technique... replaced it with another scourge

Edit:
(thanks for the sblock tip!)
[ s b l o c k = something]
something hidden
[ / s b l o c k ] 
no spaces in the "sblock" tag stuff but obviously inside it's ok.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Can Painful Oath can cause the Morninglord vulnerability to be applied?  Painful Oath says you deal radiant damage the first time you hit.   To me it looks like the radiant keyword is not actually there yet at the time you hit since it is triggered to be added by the hit.
Can Painful Oath can cause the Morninglord vulnerability to be applied?  Painful Oath says you deal radiant damage the first time you hit.   To me it looks like the radiant keyword is not actually there yet at the time you hit since it is triggered to be added by the hit.

I would say no.  Morninglord's trigger is "you hit with a radiant power"  and Painful Oath turns it into a radiant power after the attack roll makes it a hit.  It's questionable, and you could lawyer your way into it, but safe to say no.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
According to CS (for what that's worth), as well as my own opinion and general precedent....

Yes, Painful Oath adds the radiant and necrotic keywords to the attack.  It's no different than something like Icy Sigil (the artificer one) that makes you do extra cold damage on a hit, or a Weapon of Summer, or anything else that adds typed elemental damage on a hit; they all confer the keyword(s).
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
am i right im new at this but i thout of a build please excuse my spelling
tel mee if im corect

43.025 DPR (Ch, Mount)]Longtooth Shifter Charging Rogue lv6
Str 20, Dex 17

Feature:
Brutal scaundrel (Str Mod on Sneak Attack)
Feats:

Weapon Proficiency (Rapier), Backstabber, Surprising Charge, Mounted Combat
Items:
Vanguard Rapier +1 (Book AV1), Horned Helm (Book PH1), Dire Boar (Book AV1),  Bracers of Mighty Striking (Book PH1), Talon Amulet (RPGA Treasure of Talon Pass)

Charge whit combat advantage
Attack: +15 vs AC
Hit: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 2d8 + 1d6 + 16      
Breakdown:
Attack: 3 (lvl) + 5  (Str) + 1 (Ench) + 3 (prof) + 2 (combat advantage) + 1 (charge)

Damage:1d8 (Weapon) + 1d8 (Surprising Charge) + 1d8 (Vanguard) + 2d8 (Backstabber Sneak Attack) + 1d6 (Horned Helm) + 5 (Str) + 5 (Str on Sneak Attack) + 1 (Ench) + 2 (Shifting) + 2 (Bracers of Mighty Striking) + 1(Talon Amulet)

DPR  =  0.75*42+0.05*66.5 = 34.825 (Ch)
with Boar's 8.2 total is 43.025  DPR  (Ch, Mount)

if you use vanguard in of hand and get mage´s weapon rapier (Book AV1) you can get Gorebrute Charge feat insted of Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
then
when blodied
DPR  =  0.75*45+0.05*68.5 = 37.175 (Ch)
with Boar's 8.2 total is 45.375  DPR  (Ch, Mount)

hard to play unless you get a combat advantage feat like getting vicious advantage and tagteaming with player that slows enemies

Edit

43.425 DPR (Ch, Mount)]Human Charging Rogue lv6
Str 20, Dex 17

Feature:
Brutal scaundrel (Str Mod on Sneak Attack)
Feats:

Weapon Proficiency (Rapier), Backstabber, Surprising Charge, Mounted Combat, Nimble Blade
Items:
Vanguard Rapier +1 (Book AV1), Horned Helm (Book PH1), Dire Boar (Book AV1),  Bracers of Mighty Striking (Book PH1), Talon Amulet (RPGA Treasure of Talon Pass)

Charge whit combat advantage
Attack: +16 vs AC
Hit: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 2d8 + 1d6 + 14     
Breakdown:
Attack: 3 (lvl) + 5  (Str) + 1 (Ench) + 3 (prof) + 2 (combat advantage) + 1 (charge)

Damage:1d8 (Weapon) + 1d8 (Surprising Charge) + 1d8 (Vanguard) + 2d8 (Backstabber Sneak Attack) + 1d6 (Horned Helm) + 5 (Str) + 5 (Str on Sneak Attack) + 1 (Ench) + 2 (Bracers of Mighty Striking) + 1(Talon Amulet)

DPR  =  0.8*40+0.05*64.5 = 35.225 (Ch)
with Boar's 8.2 total is 43.425  DPR  (Ch, Mount)

I think IronSky's Wizard|warlock(Hellfire  Rebuke) and Wizard|warlock(Scorching  Burst) is out now due to the change to Hellfire of Mephistopheles (although with a few mods the damage can almost be the same)

I'm all ears on how to do that.  I'll see if I can touch it up this weekend.

****Updated 7/22******

Updated includes some minor changes (including Called Shot) and a Level 12 Build

Much of the build stolen shamelessly from IronSky - just needed an updated version for a game with Hellfire of Meph... removed

Here is a build I had  been working on...at 16 it comes pretty close with Hellish Rebuke on a pure Infernal Warlock.  Revnent Tiefling would have been easier, but I left it straight up tiefling for flavor...I also have not factored in the numbers for Bloodied.  The 85.5 DPR I can guarantee with the Shadowrift Dagger.  I could also switch around some feats to get WLMR...but left it out since I cannot always count of the damage.  I also added in Eldritch Admixture gloves (Cold) to help punch through fire resistance.

The Numbers at Level 16 - 85.5

Attack Bonus:  22 (26) vs Reflex
6 Con
8 ½ Level
4 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(2 Combat Advantage-Shadow Warlock Armor)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+42+2d6  3.5+42+7=52.5   /     3.5+30=33.5
6 Con
4 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Hellfire Arcanist
3 Blood Pact of Cania
3 Fundamental Mastery
3 Superior Implement Bonus
(3 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(5 Called Shot)
(2 Prime shot Dagger)

DPR:
 (.90*52.5)+(0.05*94.5) = 52 + 33.5 when your Rebuke goes off from an attack or Shadowrift Dagger = 85.5

Build Level 16
Fire and Brimstone 16, level 16
Tiefling, Warlock, Academy Master
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Background: Imbuer (Imbuer Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 22, Dex 13, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 11, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 24 Will: 21
HP: 109 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +17, History +17, Intimidate +15, Bluff +17, Arcana +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +14, Heal +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +11, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9, Athletics +8

FEATS
Level 1: Hellfire Blood
Level 2: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 4: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 6: Arcane Initiate
Level 8: Hellfire Arcanist
Level 10: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 11: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 12: Called Shot
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Versatile Expertise

POWERS
Arcane Initiate: Scorching Burst
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
Infernal Pact: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock encounter 1: Chains of Levistus
Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock daily 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock utility 6: Shadowslip
Warlock encounter 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock daily 9: Feast of Souls
Warlock utility 10: Accursed Souls
Warlock encounter 13: Killing Flames (replaces Chains of Levistus)
Warlock daily 15: Caution of Dispater (replaces Flames of Phlegethos)
Warlock utility 16: Hero's Defense

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Shadow Warlock Drowmesh +3, Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier), Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier), Prime Shot Incendiary dagger +4

The Numbers at Level 12 - DPR 62.2

Attack Bonus:  16 (20) vs Reflex
5 Con
6 ½ Level
3 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+30+2d6  3.5+30+7=40.5   /     3.5+23=26.5
5 Con
3 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Hellfire Arcanist
3 Blood Pact of Cania
(1 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Called Shot)
(2 Prime shot Dagger)

DPR:
 (.80*40.5)+(0.05*66) = 35.7 + 26.5 when your Rebuke goes off from an attack or Shadowrift Dagger = 62.2

Build Level 12
Fire and Brimstone 12, level 12

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 21, Dex 13, Int 17, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 23 Fort: 21 Reflex: 20 Will: 19
HP: 88 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +14, History +14, Intimidate +13, Bluff +15, Arcana +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +11, Heal +5, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth +9, Streetwise +8, Thievery +7, Athletics +6

FEATS

POWERS

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Leather Armor +2, Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Prime Shot Incendiary dagger +3, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of the Mage (heroic tier)

Just so I know, What is Arcane Underpinning?

Infernis
Can Painful Oath can cause the Morninglord vulnerability to be applied?

It's questionable, and you could lawyer your way into it, but safe to say no.

CS has been rather consistent on this, actually, since the first few times I asked.  Here's the answer I got from them (link points to the Conslidated CS responses thread in rules)

Since I double asked with as cheesy a combo as I felt I could get across cleanly, and their answer is as clear as can be, I feel justified in it.  That said, it's an answer that will be subject to table variation, and when I address it in the Handbook, I always sprinkle in qualifiers.

(In my damage calculation, I assumed that the vulnerability would NOT apply to the second hit, even though I had pervasive light.  If it does, that adds a whopping 1 DPR)

Can Painful Oath can cause the Morninglord vulnerability to be applied?

It's questionable, and you could lawyer your way into it, but safe to say no.

CS has been rather consistent on this, actually, since the first few times I asked.  Here's the answer I got from them (link points to the Conslidated CS responses thread in rules)

Since I double asked with as cheesy a combo as I felt I could get across cleanly, and their answer is as clear as can be, I feel justified in it.  That said, it's an answer that will be subject to table variation, and when I address it in the Handbook, I always sprinkle in qualifiers.

(In my damage calculation, I assumed that the vulnerability would NOT apply to the second hit, even though I had pervasive light.  If it does, that adds a whopping 1 DPR)

I believe, brother.  Looks like the hint of a doubt in my mind was washed away by this.  Best of luck getting the most out of it, sounds fun.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I think IronSky's Wizard|warlock(Hellfire  Rebuke) and Wizard|warlock(Scorching  Burst) is out now due to the change to Hellfire of Mephistopheles (although with a few mods the damage can almost be the same)

I'm all ears on how to do that.  I'll see if I can touch it up this weekend.

****Updated 7/22******

Updated includes some minor changes (including Called Shot) and a Level 12 Build

Much of the build stolen shamelessly from IronSky - just needed an updated version for a game with Hellfire of Meph... removed

Here is a build I had  been working on...at 16 it comes pretty close with Hellish Rebuke on a pure Infernal Warlock.  Revnent Tiefling would have been easier, but I left it straight up tiefling for flavor...I also have not factored in the numbers for Bloodied.  The 85.5 DPR I can guarantee with the Shadowrift Dagger.  I could also switch around some feats to get WLMR...but left it out since I cannot always count of the damage.  I also added in Eldritch Admixture gloves (Cold) to help punch through fire resistance.

The Numbers at Level 16 - 85.5

Attack Bonus:  22 (26) vs Reflex
6 Con
8 ½ Level
4 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+42+2d6  3.5+42+7=52.5   /     3.5+30=33.5
6 Con
4 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Hellfire Arcanist
3 Blood Pact of Cania
3 Fundamental Mastery
(3 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(5 Called Shot)
(2 Prime shot Dagger)

DPR:
 (.90*52.5)+(0.05*94.5) = 52 + 33.5 when your Rebuke goes off from an attack or Shadowrift Dagger = 85.5

Build Level 16
Fire and Brimstone 16, level 16

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 22, Dex 13, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 24 Will: 21
HP: 109 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +17, History +17, Intimidate +15, Bluff +17, Arcana +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +14, Heal +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +11, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9, Athletics +8

FEATS
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Versatile Expertise

POWERS
Warlock encounter 13: Killing Flames (replaces Chains of Levistus)
Warlock daily 15: Caution of Dispater (replaces Flames of Phlegethos)
Warlock utility 16: Hero's Defense

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Shadow Warlock Drowmesh +3, Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier), Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier), Prime Shot Incendiary dagger +4

The Numbers at Level 12 - DPR 62.2

Attack Bonus:  16 (20) vs Reflex
5 Con
6 ½ Level
3 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+30+2d6  3.5+30+7=40.5   /     3.5+23=26.5
5 Con
3 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
4 Hellfire Arcanist
3 Blood Pact of Cania
(1 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Called Shot)
(2 Prime shot Dagger)

DPR:
 (.80*40.5)+(0.05*66) = 35.7 + 26.5 when your Rebuke goes off from an attack or Shadowrift Dagger = 62.2

Build Level 12
Fire and Brimstone 12, level 12

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 21, Dex 13, Int 17, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 23 Fort: 21 Reflex: 20 Will: 19
HP: 88 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +14, History +14, Intimidate +13, Bluff +15, Arcana +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +11, Heal +5, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth +9, Streetwise +8, Thievery +7, Athletics +6

FEATS

POWERS

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Leather Armor +2, Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Prime Shot Incendiary dagger +3, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of the Mage (heroic tier)

Just so I know, What is Arcane Underpinning?

Infernis

11 level feature of the Academy Master PP - When you hit a target with an arcane at-will attack power, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with an arcane attack power you use against that target before the end of your next turn.
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
So this is not only my first attempt at optimization, but my first non Encounters character. Please let me know if and where I have flaws in this build. Character builder says it's legal so it must be! right? lol /sarcasm

UPDATE #2
19.825 DPR(CA)

Level 1 Bugbear Rogue
20 Dex 16 Str
Brutal Scoundrel
Versatile Duelist
Piercing Strike

Longsword(Large)
   Attack: +8(+10 CA) vs reflex

With CA 1d10 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.85 x ((12+31)/2)  + (.05 x 31) = 19.825

NO CA  1d10 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.75 x ((7+16)/2)  + (.05 x 16) = 9.425

BroadSword(Large)
   Attack: +7(+9 CA) vs Reflex

With CA 1d12 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.8 x ((12+33)/2) + (.05 x 33) = 19.65

NO CA  1d12 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.7 x ((7+18)/2)  + (.05 x 18) =  9.65

Kopesh(Large) Brutal 1

(.8 x ((13+31)/2)  + (.05 x 31) = 19.15

(.7 x ((8+16)/2)  + (.05 x 16) = 9.2

Again, as far as I know this might not be legal due to rules or erratas that I missed. I'm still learning D&D from the ground up!
So this is not only my first attempt at optimization, but my first non Encounters character. Please let me know if and where I have flaws in this build. Character builder says it's legal so it must be! right? lol /sarcasm

24.925 DPR(CA)

Level 1 Bugbear Rogue
20 Dex 16 Str
Brutal Scoundrel
Versatile Duelist
Piercing Strike

Longsword(Large)

With CA 1d10 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.85 x ((12+31/2) ) + (.05 x 31) = 24.925

NO CA  1d10 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.75 x ((7+16/2) ) + (.05 x 16) = 12.05

BroadSword(Large)

With CA 1d12 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.8 x ((12+33/2) ) + (.05 x 33) = 24.45

NO CA  1d12 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.7 x ((7+18/2) ) + (.05 x 18) = 12.1

Kopesh(Large) Brutal 1

With CA 1d10 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.8 x ((13+31/2) ) + (.05 x 31) = 24.35

NO CA  1d10 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.7 x ((8+16/2) ) + (.05 x 16) = 12

Again, as far as I know this might not be legal due to rules or erratas that I missed. I'm still learning D&D from the ground up!

For the longsword entry please do a breakdown of your attack bonus and damage bonus.  I'm not seeing where you are getting the 12 static and 31 rolled.  I see 9(5 dex + 3 str + 1 two handed),  static
DPR King Candidates 3.0

For the longsword entry please do a breakdown of your attack bonus and damage bonus.  I'm not seeing where you are getting the 12 static and 31 rolled.  I see 9(5 dex + 3 str + 1 two handed),  static

I missed a critical parenthesis in my calculations I'll be redoing them shortly  

Min damage:
1 (1d10 Longsword ) + 2 (2d6 SA) + 5(Dex) + 3(STR) + 1(Two-Handed) = 12 

Max damage:
10 (1d10 Longsword ) + 12 (2d6 SA) + 5(Dex) + 3(STR) + 1(Two-Handed) = 31

Average damage:
Min+max/2 = 21.5

Is this the correct way to calculate it? 

UPDATE #2
19.825 DPR(CA)

Level 1 Bugbear Rogue
20 Dex 16 Str
Brutal Scoundrel
Versatile Duelist
Piercing Strike

Longsword(Large)

(.85 x ((12+31)/2)  + (.05 x 31) = 19.825

(.75 x ((7+16)/2)  + (.05 x 16) = 9.425

BroadSword(Large)

With CA 1d12 + 2d6 + 5(Dex) + 3(SA) + 1(Two-Handed)
   (.8 x ((12+33)/2) + (.05 x 33) = 19.65

NO CA  1d12 + 5(Dex) + 1(Two-handed)
   (.7 x ((7+18)/2)  + (.05 x 18) =  9.65

Kopesh(Large) Brutal 1

(.8 x ((13+31)/2)  + (.05 x 31) = 19.15

(.7 x ((8+16)/2)  + (.05 x 16) = 9.2

Fixes are in bold. This pushes him below the current Dagger Bugbear build by a smidgen.
Lastwish, do you wish to continue to have your build be a candidate, or do you wish to retract?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'll retract it since another Bugbear Rogue is edging it out. I'll continue to see if I can whip up something else. Thanks
I'll retract it since another Bugbear Rogue is edging it out. I'll continue to see if I can whip up something else. Thanks

no problem, and welcome to CharOp.  I remember my first post for a 3.5 edition germlaine swordmage.  I mistakenly added BAB to both attack and damage.  Good times, good times.  Post was so long it took 2 days for someone to carefully read it over and find my mistakes.  Funny thing is that I still would play him.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Okay, here's my first shot at calculating something like this . . .

Longtooth Shifter Druid Blightbeast:
Show

level 16
Longtooth Shifter, Druid, Blightbeast
Build: Guardian Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Guardian
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Staff)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Totem)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 20, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 22, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 29 Fort: 26 Reflex: 23 Will: 27
HP: 107 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 26

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Arcana +8, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +14, Endurance +14, Heal +14, History +8, Insight +14, Intimidate +7, Perception +14, Religion +8, Stealth +9, Streetwise +7, Thievery +9, Athletics +11

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Enraged Boar Form
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff)
Level 4: Versatile Expertise
Level 6: Vicious Advantage
Level 8: Gorebrute Charge
Level 10: Ferocious Tiger Form
Level 11: Powerful Charge
Level 12: Weapon Focus (Staff)
Level 14: Opportunistic Withdrawal
Level 16: Ruthless Killer

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Claws

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Accurate staff of the Serpent +4, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Marauder's Earthhide Armor +3, Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier), Aversion Accurate staff +1, Badge of the Berserker +2, Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Blood Fury Scythe +1, Baldric of Tactical Positioning (heroic tier), Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger

If I Charge a target with Combat Advantage using Grasping Claws:
Attack +25 versus Reflex
Damage 1d8+1d10+3d6+37 + Immobilization

Attack & Damage details:
Show

+ 6 Wisdom, +8 Level, +4 Enhancement, +2 Versatile, +1 Accurate Staff, +1 Charge, +1 Enraged Boar Form, +2 Combat Advantage

1d8 Grasping Claws, +1d10 Claw Gloves, +2d6 Horned Helm, +1d6 Staff of the Serpent (+4d8 on critical), +6 Wisdom, +4 Enhancement, +2 Weapon Focus, +4 Bracers of Mighty Striking, +2 Enraged Boar Form, +2 Powerful Charge, +3 Gorebrute Charge, +2 Longtooth Shifting, +2 Ferocious Tiger Form, +5 Blightbeast, +5 if target doesn't have necrotic resistance

Opportunistic Withdrawal & Badge of the Berserker aid in charging every round.  Grasping Claws & Vicious Advantage aid in getting combat advantage every round.  The Blightbeast PP adds necrotic damage = Con, ignores necrotic resistance, and inflicts Vulnerability 5 on any target that lacks necrotic resistance.  The Blood Fury weapon is there so that I can trigger Longtooth Shifting at the start of each encounter.

Target Reflex = 28 (Monster NAD: 12+level)
= (.10 * 0) + (.85 * 57.5) + (.05 * 91) = 53.425 + Immobilization

I don't know if I calculated that correctly, so please let me know if I made any mistakes.  Also, I don't know if that DPR value is high enough to make the list, but it's not too shabby for a Controller (especially a fairly durable one).

Edit - I should have stated explicitly that this is a Level 16 build.

A little bump in the hopes of being added to the 16th level group for the above build.

Also, here's a 24th level version that takes advantage of the Slashing Storm feat:

If I Charge a target with Combat Advantage using Grasping Claws:
Attack +32 versus Reflex
Damage 2d8+1d10+3d6+52 + Immobilization

Target Reflex = 36 (Monster NAD: 12+level)
= (.20 * 0) + (.75 * 77) + (.05 * 121) = 63.8 + Immobilization

Details:
Show

+ 8 Wisdom, +12 Level, +5 Enhancement, +2 Versatile, +1 Accurate Staff, +1 Charge, +1 Enraged Boar Form, +2 Combat Advantage

2d8 Grasping Claws, +1d10 Claw Gloves, +2d6 Horned Helm, +1d6 Staff of Corrosion (+5d8 critical), +8 Wisdom, +5 Enhancement, +3 Weapon Focus, +6 Bracers of Mighty Striking, +2 Enraged Boar Form, +2 Powerful Charge, +3 Gorebrute Charge, +2 Longtooth Shifting, +2 Ferocious Tiger Form, +6 Blightbeast, +5 if target doesn't have necrotic resistance, +8 Slashing Storm

Druid Striker:
Show

level 24
Longtooth Shifter, Druid, Blightbeast, Reincarnate Champion
Build: Guardian Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Guardian
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Staff)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Totem)
Epic Vitality: Epic Vitality Wisdom
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Razorclaw Shifter)
Past Spirit: Past Spirit (Githzerai)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 23, Dex 14, Int 12, Wis 27, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 39 Fort: 37 Reflex: 33 Will: 37
HP: 150 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 37

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +27, Perception +27, Insight +27, Endurance +25

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +14, Arcana +15, Bluff +14, Diplomacy +14, Dungeoneering +22, Heal +22, History +15, Intimidate +14, Religion +15, Stealth +14, Streetwise +14, Thievery +14, Athletics +17

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Enraged Boar Form
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff)
Level 4: Versatile Expertise
Level 6: Vicious Advantage
Level 8: Gorebrute Charge
Level 10: Ferocious Tiger Form
Level 11: Powerful Charge
Level 12: Weapon Focus (Staff)
Level 14: Opportunistic Withdrawal (retrained to Githzerai Mobility at Level 24)
Level 16: Ruthless Killer
Level 18: Quick Wild Shape
Level 20: Battle Awareness
Level 21: Slashing Storm
Level 22: Second Skin
Level 24: Robust Defenses

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Claws

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Accurate staff of Corrosion +5, Horned Helm (paragon tier), Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Marauder's Stalkerhide Armor +5, Periapt of Cascading Health +4, Bracers of Mighty Striking (epic tier), Aversion Accurate staff +1, Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Boots of Quickness (paragon tier), Belt of Vim (paragon tier), Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (paragon tier), Ring of Many Forms (paragon tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger

Thank you for the reminder.

Does anyone have a problem with me not including the (CA) due to his stuff enabling him to always get it.  The Badge of the berzerker, while it does help in being able to charge each round, it does not help in charging the same target, thus I'll have to put the (Ch) modifier on your DPR.

Could you also tell me if there are any cheese elements, namely dragon material?  I'm not that familiar with druids to know what comes from the magazines.

I also have your candidate link to your latest post, thus if you are doing any edits to either your 16th or 24th level versions please do so in this latest post.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Does anyone have a problem with me not including the (CA) due to his stuff enabling him to always get it.  The Badge of the berzerker, while it does help in being able to charge each round, it does not help in charging the same target, thus I'll have to put the (Ch) modifier on your DPR.

Could you also tell me if there are any cheese elements, namely dragon material?  I'm not that familiar with druids to know what comes from the magazines.

I also have your candidate link to your latest post, thus if you are doing any edits to either your 16th or 24th level versions please do so in this latest post.

In regards to charging the same target, the feat Opportunistic Withdrawal allows you to move away from an enemy granting CA without provoking any opportunity attacks.  Thus you can move 2 away from the immobilized enemy you charged last round and then charge again! 

The 24th level build retrains Opportunisitc Withdrawal out for Githzerai Mobility (thanks to the reincarnate champion ED) which gives this character +9 to all defenses against opportunity attacks.  At that point, I'm really not concerned with moving away from any adjacent target to set myself up for a charge, since the chances of being hit are so minimal.  I even trade out the Badge of the Berserker at 24th for the Periapt of Cascading Health.

I dont' think there are any cheese elements in either build.  The only dragon content I'm relying on is the Blightbeast PP and the Ruthless Killer feat.

In regards to charging the same target, the feat Opportunistic Withdrawal allows you to move away from an enemy granting CA without provoking any opportunity attacks.  Thus you can move 2 away from the immobilized enemy you charged last round and then charge again! 

The 24th level build retrains Opportunisitc Withdrawal out for Githzerai Mobility (thanks to the reincarnate champion ED) which gives this character +9 to all defenses against opportunity attacks.  At that point, I'm really not concerned with moving away from any adjacent target to set myself up for a charge, since the chances of being hit are so minimal.  I even trade out the Badge of the Berserker at 24th for the Periapt of Cascading Health.

I dont' think there are any cheese elements in either build.  The only dragon content I'm relying on is the Blightbeast PP and the Ruthless Killer feat.

Perfect.  A wonderful defense for avoiding the flags.  Congratulation on making a druid do superb damage.  Being able to dual major is a sign of a well rounded optimizer.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Question to all:  I know that for various reasons, using magical ammunition is generally frowned upon by COers.  However, given that they do exist, and they are reasonably easy to add to a build; and they can only be used by ranged builds (which are generally weaker than melee builds, mostly for lack of extra options), I wonder whether using ammunition for a DPR king would be a reasonable thing (always assuming that one uses them correctly, with the ammo's enhancement bonus); it would probably be fine to add a key for magic ammunition use, if it were to be allowed.

Question to all:  I know that for various reasons, using magical ammunition is generally frowned upon by COers.  However, given that they do exist, and they are reasonably easy to add to a build; and they can only be used by ranged builds (which are generally weaker than melee builds, mostly for lack of extra options), I wonder whether using ammunition for a DPR king would be a reasonable thing (always assuming that one uses them correctly, with the ammo's enhancement bonus); it would probably be fine to add a key for magic ammunition use, if it were to be allowed.

The only problem I see with it is the cost of it.  For example spamming +2 dual arrows is chump change for level 18 candidates, mediocre for level 14 and almost unfeasible for level 10 character.  How much can you afford vs. how often do you get to a town to cash in and restock?  How early you can assume depends on how available they are.  

Does anyone have a rule to propose with support from intended average battle revenue or something like that so we can make a rule for ammunition.  What ammunition did you have in mind.  If there's only 1 in question that directly relates to DPR we may be able to make a simple allowance, mostly because I"d love to see more ranged candidates. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'm pretty sure spamming dual arrows is the way to go.
I'm pretty sure spamming dual arrows is the way to go.

For Level 16 I'd say, sure spam dual arrows, but I'd like to get some more discussion on weather or not a level 12 character could feasably do it.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'm not generally one to quibble over a couple points (thus, leaving some things on the table when I did DPR calcs for SlapChop), but I felt obligated to show the results of factoring in Ring of the Radiant Storm on SlapChop's DPR, since it means keeping pace with "Auspex7's Enmity".

Incidentally, Mellored-- seeing that name had me laughing like you wouldn't believe. Well played, sir.

/tip hat
I'll be going with Freezing Bolts and Surprising Bolts, as I haven't figured out any way to really optimize crit fishing with a crossbow yet.  If I do, I might swap to Dual Bolts.

Anyway, looking at cost of:  +5 Freezing Bolts, I can get 183 of them instead of my +6 Frost X-Bow.  Even buying a +5 Swiftshot Superior Crossbow, I can still get 157 Freezing Bolts.  Since I doubt I'll average more than 5 attacks per round (Triple Shot + Snap Shot + Disruptive Strike), that means at minimum I get 31 rounds of combat; which, at epic, is a reasonable 5 encounters, and hopefully I can replenish some of them with loot from those 5 encounters.

Looking at level 6 with +1 Surprising Bolts, I give up my +2 Vicious Superior Crossbow and I end up with a +1 Magic Superior Crossbow and 74 Surprising Bolts.  At this level, I average less than two attacks per round; so at least 37 rounds of combat, which is still 5 encounters + recovered ones from loot.

I don't think cost is particularly a problem for using ammunition, as long as you are reducing your weapon to match the new enhancement.

The only real problem is that if I use ammuntion over my entire career, I'm going to actually 'lose' a significant chunk of change.  (For instance, during my entire life as a level 6 character, I could potentially use up 100 Surprising Bolts although I've never kept actual track, so I have no idea how accurate this is; but 100 bolts is 3000 gold lost.) Roughly the equivalent of a level 7 item.. which at level 6 is significant.  In theory, I would probably 'use' the same ratio every level, which would mean 'losing' a level +1 item every level, which would be expensive in the long term, even if it is reasonable at any given level.  
It's still not prohibitive, as the re-sale value of such an item eventually becomes insignificant; but it would cause the most problems somewhere around 2 levels after you started using ammunition.  So if I started at level 6, around level 8 I would probably find myself wondering where all my share of the loot was, even though if I magically jumped to level 16, I wouldn't notice the loss (although I would notice the loss from the ammo used at level 14.)  

If anyone cares to actually figure out a formula for all that, I'd love to see use it.

That being said, I'm going to post a new thread for my namesake build (which needs an actual name, since even though my character's name is Nelphine, no one else will particularly relate to that as a build name.)  For benchmarks, she hits roughly (I haven't calculated ammunition + actually using feat slots on expertise/focus yet) 29 DPR at level 6, 63 DPR at level 12, 88 DPR at level 16, 138 DPR at level 21, maxing out at 170 DPR at level 28 - note that it decreases to 167 at level 30.