DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yeah, but not at-will.
Staff of the War Mage will make it 11x11 (A-B5) at the cost of a daily item use.
For this thread I have asked that you calculate single target DPR and then show the area you're hitting.  46 DPR(3x3)  Area and single target are 2 very different numbers and I feel a conversion is unacceptable and highly biased.

Ah, I see the notation now. I didn't catch it when I was looking before.

I agree that party-friendly or not does make a difference, so long as there's a notation. I feel DPR60 (9x9) is worse than DPR40 (5x5) if the 9x9 is party-unfriendly, as you won't be able to use it as much.
@Borg
I just noticed you updated your Baseline DPR section.  Nice analysis.

I didn't really follow what you meant by "150 DPR at 30th" though.  Was that for an optimized striker and not a baseline striker?

The analysis also helps to explain why combats in Heroic seem to usually take longer than those in Paragon.  Your average striker doesn't really hit 2*lvl+6 in Heroic, but by Paragon that seems easier.  

It also helps to explain why AoE DPR has always seemed so under-valued to me.  When AoE strikers (wizards and sorcerers for example) are doing 100+ DPR per round around 13th level, which falls into your "nerfbat" category (since it means combats only last 1 round), it's easy to see why single-target DPR becomes less relevant.  Whether monsters get 1 round or 2 rounds to attack you doesn't really matter as much when combats are so short

Also, very minor nitpick: You mention "The controler takes care of the hoards".  I believe that should be "The controller takes care of the horde" (or plural "hordes", your choice). :P
@borg285 btw, shift slasher and arcane slasher were hit by the july update, they work anymore currently...

I also think we should establish some rule of thumb, like 2 enemies in a 3x3, 3 in a 5x5, 4 in a 7x7 etc ?  Btw, what's the current maximum for at-will blasting, 9x9 scorching burst or did someone find a 11x11 at-will by now ?

If we are talking level 30, a Swordmage/Master of Flame/Arcane Sword can get a burst 3 at-will (Thundering Vortex), then it can be increased by 2 for a 11x11.

There are also level 30 builds that can reuse daily/encounter powers every turn, so basically equivalent to at-will.  Legion's Hold or Hail of Arrows can be used to cover a very large area.
@borg285 btw, shift slasher and arcane slasher were hit by the july update, they work anymore currently...

Thank you.  I'm still swamped at work and will get to this next week.  Sorry for the delay.

@Corwynn: 150 DPR at 30th was when I saw the stormwarden as an acclaimed uber striker yet was drowned in the horde of other DPR king candidates.  I viewed 150 as easy at level 30, due to how much cheese you could pull (2 rings of free time + level 30 feature) and broke the mold of 4*level + 12 a bit.

Concerning the 2*lvl + 6 baseline for heroic and its achievableness, I think you'll find that if you spend enough time doing optimization in heroic you'll find that it's not that hard.  Look at the stereotypical section and go from there.   They already start off above the 8 DPR point and they may need to dip into other areas(charging, longtooth...) to maintain it, but with more material I feel safe in saying that it won't be that hard.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
I'd like to add a not-that-tweaked fighter as sort of a baseline "should beat this"

Beatstick.  Level 30 Longtooth Shifter Fighter/Son of Mercy/Demigod.  Sorry for the lack of a summary.
[sblock build]
16/14/14 array.  16 in Str, 14 in Con and Wis.  Boost Str & Con ever level.

Feats: Versatile Expertise, Weapon Focus, Ogremight Student, Power Attack, Lasting Frost, Marked Scourge, Wintertouched, Robust Defenses, Reckless Attacker, Defender of the Wild, Crippling Crust, Bludgeon Mastery, Weapon Proficiency (Mordencrad), 5 feats to be determined.

Equipment: The usual permafrost suspects, +6 Frost Mordencrad, 5 +1 Master's Blade Daggers.  War Ring, Ring of Giants
[/sblock]

Cheese: Permafrost.  Using Daily Item uses: a large collection of +1 Master's Blade Daggers.
DPR: 95.37 (1?)

[sblock Calculation]
Assuming Battlefury Stance, and Martial Supremacy (both encounter stances.  Using the daily power from a Master's Blade to use both).  Attack with Brash Strike

To Hit: +15(level)+9(str)+6(magic)+3(expertise)+2(proficiency)+2(Brash Strike)+2(Combat Advantage)+1(fighter)+1(ogremight student)-2(Power Attacking)

To Hit: +39 vs. AC of 44.  Reroll misses from Martial Supremacy
Hit Chance: 96%.  Crit Chance: 12% (10% chance of critting on the first roll, 20% chance of missing, and a 10% chance of critting on the second roll)

Damage: 4d6b1(weapon)+9(str)+9(power attack+7(Con: Brash Strike)+7(Con: Crippling Crush)+6(Battle Fury Stance)+6(IAoP)+5(cold dragon shard)+5(Lasting Frost)+4(Wis: Son of Mercy)+3(Weapon Focus)+2(Ice Gloves)
Damage: 79 averge.
Crit Damage: +6d6+2d6b2(War Ring)+12(Ring of Giants) + Basic Attack
Crit Damage: 128 + Basic Attack.

Basic Attack DPR (for inclusion later via Reckless Attacker)
BA: 0.96 * 79 + 0.12 * (128-79) = 81.72

DPR:
BS: 0.96 * (79 + 4) + 0.12 * (128-79+81.72) = 95.3664
[/sblock]

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

@Corwynn: 150 DPR at 30th was when I saw the stormwarden as an acclaimed uber striker yet was drowned in the horde of other DPR king candidates.  I viewed 150 as easy at level 30, due to how much cheese you could pull (2 rings of free time + level 30 feature) and broke the mold of 4*level + 12 a bit.

Okay, so it seems like it's not intended as a "baseline"?  It's possible to break, but nothing a regular striker would be normally doing (since the Stormwarden build is on the upper end of the optimization range).  Instead, it's what an optimized striker should be striving for?

Concerning the 2*lvl + 6 baseline for heroic and its achievableness, I think you'll find that if you spend enough time doing optimization in heroic you'll find that it's not that hard.

Agreed.  But then this wouldn't be "baseline", correct?  Especially if they have to dip into stuff like needing to be a specific race (Githzerai, Longtooth Shifter, etc...).

I ask because I play LFR and I meet a lot of different players (and see a lot of PCs).  The strikers in heroic don't seem to put out that kind of damage, on average.  Some PCs are higher of course, and some poorly built ones are worse.

I've personally always thought that 20/40/60 was on the money.  Though even then I know some people thought it should actually be closer to 15/40/60.
I'd like to add a not-that-tweaked fighter as sort of a baseline "should beat this"

Beatstick.  Level 30 Longtooth Shifter Fighter/Son of Mercy/Demigod.  Sorry for the lack of a summary.

I personally would not consider abusing +1 Master's Blade Daggers as "beatstick" (aka, your average fighter).  Ditto for using anything that reduces your defenses.
is cold as hell still functional after the errata?
Are there any others that I missed.  So many didn't put a key to help me out.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Wanted to drop off the Gravedigger for school.  I don't think he's a candidate for anything but the Daily Nova category, but he does have functionaing nigh infinite damage.

I've been tinkering with a DPR build for him, but we'll see how it pans out (Brutal Barrage + Brilliant Recovery + 2XRing of Free Time is a really nice combo)
Wanted to drop off the Gravedigger for school.  I don't think he's a candidate for anything but the Daily Nova category, but he does have functionaing nigh infinite damage.

I've been tinkering with a DPR build for him, but we'll see how it pans out (Brutal Barrage + Brilliant Recovery + 2XRing of Free Time is a really nice combo)

done
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I updated my earlier post of Wil to get rid of Windrise Ports (just moved from Spiked Chain to DoubleAxe)

Level 16: 57.109 (26).

[...]

Level 30: 112.3(26)

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

cold as hell still works.

DPR affected by errata:

using a combination of two or more of the following: subtle weapon/iron armbands/symbol of divine light/bracers of the perfect shot, these are all item bonuses now.  Also, you have to be attacking with subtle weapon/symbol of divine light to get the bonus.

147.7(CA) DPR Monk/Morninglord/Radiant One (30th)
381 DPR Marilith Summoner(30th)
133 DPR(Ch,CA) Wendigo(Rogue Charger)(30th)
152.41 DPR Storminglord(24th)
77 DPR Striker of Pelor (16th)
67.87 DPR Cosmic Sorcerer MC Paladin/Morninglord(16th)

using two free action attacks on a crit (Two-Weapon Opening, Ardent Fury)  also has symbol of divine light + iron armbands:
~140 DPR Human (Pursuit) Avenger/Ardent Champion/Sage of Ages(30th)

novas:

using too many free action attack powers:
1700 Ranger/Pit Fighter/Demigod(30th), by LordDuskBlade(6;@)

doesnt work anymore, Threatening Strike effect was changed to an OA:
? average damage Hand of the Raven Queen(30th)

using symbol of divine light + staff of ruin. 
195.80 avg. dam.(7x7) Wizard Nova(20th)
Just finished a rather complicated analysis of Vorpal+Ancient Forbear's Rage+Free Soul+Ring of the Radiant Storm.

Assumptions used:
1. 2[W] per attack (standard at-will)
2. 2d4 weapon
3. Ring of the Radiant Storm only affects the initial roll, not the exploding dice.
4. Free Soul rerolls include both the Ring of the Radiant Storm rerolling, and the added vorpal dice.
5. Ring of the Radiant Storm counts the 1->4 and 2->4 rolls as 4s for deciding which roll was higher.  So rolling 2,3,4,2 changes to 4,3,4,4 and counts higher than 3,3,4,4.

I came out to 246.4 expected damage.

My process went like this:
Calculations
1. Extrapolate the different possible states on the entire die roll.  In this case, all permutations of (Four 3s, Zero 4s)=(4,0),(Three 3s, One 4)=(3,1),(Two 3s, Two 4s)=(2,2),(One 3, Three 4s)=(1,3),(Zero 3s, Four 4s)=(0,4).

2. Calculate the probability of each state.  In this case,
P(4,0)=p(a)=1/256
P(3,1)=p(b)=12/256
P(2,2)=p(c)=54/256
P(1,3)=p(d)=108/256
P(0,4)=p(e)=81/256

3.  Roll three times (Ring+Free Soul), take the best.  That's relatively simple:
p(e)=1-(175/256)^3
p(d)=1-p(e)-(67/256)^3
p(c)=1-p(e)-p(d)-(13/256)^3
p(b)=1-p(e)-p(d)-p(c)-(1/256)^3
p(a)=(1/256)^3

4.  Expected damage per 3 is 3, Expected damage per 4 is an infinite series that converges to 67.

5.  Multiply each state by the expected damage from the state.

The final sum is 246.4 expected damage on 2[W]. 
Wait explain some of this. I understand vorpal and ring of radiant storm. I don't understand what Ancient Forbear's Rage or Free Soul does.
Just finished a rather complicated analysis of Vorpal+Ancient Forbear's Rage+Free Soul+Ring of the Radiant Storm.

I disagree with your interpretation of Ring of Radiant Storm.
it's says
"Property: When you hit an enemy with a lightning or radiant power and deal damage to it, you can roll the damage twice and use either result."
I see no other way to interpret that other then it to mean "make 2 damage rolls, picking the better total", as it uses singular for damage, and it is clear which damage this applies to (the one from the power). so, if I hit with a radiant power doing 2d8 damage, I roll 2d8 twice, picking the higher total, I don't roll each die twice, picking the higher one each time (the second being advantageous).

what you mean by number 4 is that Free Soul rerolls apply to both Radiant Storm double rolls at the beginning and to Vorpal additional damage, correct? I found it a bit unclear. (I disagree with this too, since Ring makes you reroll nothing, it just gives you 2 rolls, but I find the first issue more important).

also, a question: why analyzing 4d4? I believe that if done correctly, 4 times 1d4 average should provide the same result with lot less possibilities. am I missing something?
edit: [spoiler=tried it with one die]first you roll 1d4 three times (normal, ring, soul). 1s and 2s are 4s. pick highest. only way that comes anything other the 4 is if all three rolls are 3, chances for which are (1/4)^3 = 1/64.

1/64*3 +  63/64*(4 + ?...
now that ring is out of the picture, we roll twice. again, only chance anything other then 4 comes up is if both are three (1/4)^2 = 1/16

1/64*3 +  63/64*(4 + 1/16*3 + 15/16*(4 + 1/16*3 + 15/16*(4 + ... =
3/64 + 63/64*(67/16 + 15/16*(67/64 + 15/16*(67/64 + ... = 
3/64 + 63/64*(67/16 * (1 + 15/16 + (15/16)^2 + ... = 
3/64 + 63/64*(67/16 * 16) ~=

four times that is 264. I believe your .4 is rounding error.

I still don't think this is how it works though.[/sblock]
@dragon: Ancient's Forbearer's Rage is a barbarian 29 daily that makes all 1s and 2s on you weapon dice count as maximum. Free Soul is a Revenant only ED that allows you to roll twice on each reroll.
Actually, Free Soul only works on forced rerolls and if you choose to accept a forced reroll, roll it twice and take the higher number. This works well with brutal 2 but as of now, there are no weapons of any size which have Brutal 2 and a 2d4 damage die. I suppose if you were to somehow get a character able to wield a weapon so large you had to push past gargantuan to find a suitable weapon, the next logical progression from 2d12 would be 4d6 but that is still not what we want in this scenario.

Striker of Pelor

King of Lvl 16, 75.02 DPR

Submission: King of Lvl 16
Revision: 1.2
Class/Race: Hybrid Longtooth Shifter Avenger/Invoker MC Fighter PP Kensei
Final Ability Scores: Str 14, Con 11, Dex 18, Int 11, Wis 24, Cha 9
Powers: Sun Strike
Feats: Weapon Focus (Staff), Versatile Expertise, Power of the Sun, Distant Vengeance, Wintertouched, Battle Awareness, Painful Oath, Lasting Frost, Two-Weapon Fighting, Pervasive Light
Items: Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), The Raven Queen's Shroud (level 3), Frost Quarterstaff +3, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Battle Harness Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Blood Fury Handaxe +1, Eagle Eye Goggles (paragon tier), Bracers of the Perfect Shot (paragon tier), Symbol of Divine Light +4, Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) (10)
Setup: Have Kensei Focus for the Quarterstaff. Get Longtooth Shifting with Bloodfury Handaxe. Hit to get +17 damage with Power of the Sun (and Symbol of Divine Light) and Pelor's Sun Blessing, and to get +5 damage with Lasting Frost and CA with Wintertouched. Have enough Frozen Whetstones.
Attack: Sun Strike vs Oath of Enmity with Distant Vengeance and Frost Quarterstaff
Intention: Use Ranged Basic Attack of a Hybrid Class with Distant Vengeance.
Based on: -

Revisions

1.1 Added The Raven Queen's Shroud Boon to get an reroll on one damage die per turn against the marked oath of enmity. It could be seen like a brutal 4 property for the 1d8 dice of the Sun Strike.
1.2 Pit Fighter replaced with Kensei Paragon Path.

Math

Sun Strike:
Hit (+25 vs Reflex 28, two rolls): 7 (Wisdom) + 8 (1/2 level) + 3 (Enhancement) + 2 (versatile Expertise) + 2 (Item, Eagle Eye Goggles) + 2 (CA, Wintertouched) + 1 (Kensei Focus) = 89.3% crit 9.7%
DPH: 4.5 crit 8 (Sun Strike) + 1 (Brutal 4, The Raven Queen's Shroud) + 7 (Wisdom) + 3 (Enhancement) + 2 (Weapon Focus) + 4 (Item, Bracers of the Perfect Shot, Heroic) + 5 (Lasting Frost Vulnerability) + 7 (Pelor's Sun Blessing) + 10 (Power of the Sun Vulnerability, Paragon & Symbol of Divine Light) + 7 (Pain of Oath) + 10 (Pervasive Light & Symbol of Divine Light) + 3 (Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold, Paragon) + 2 (Gloves of Ice) + 2 (Frozen Whetstone) + 2 (Longtooth Shifting) + 1 (Two-Weapon Fighting) + 4 (Kensei Mastery) + 0 crit 10.5 (Frost Quarterstaff) = 74.5 crit 87.5
DPR: (.893)(74.5) + (.097)(87.5) = 75.02

King of Lvl 12, 52.55 DPR

Submission: King of Lvl 12, 52.55 DPR
Revision: 1.4
Class/Race: Hybrid Human Avenger/Invoker MC Seeker PP Crimson Hunter
Final Ability Scores: Str 14, Con 11, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 20, Cha 9
Feats: Primal Sharpshooter, Weapon Focus (Staff) (retrained to Primal Eye), Versatile Expertise, Power of the Sun, Distant Vengeance, Wintertouched, Alertness (retrained to Pervasive Light), Painful Oath, Lasting Frost
Items: Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), The Raven Queen's Shroud (level 3), Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic tier), Frost Quarterstaff +3, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier)
Setup: Minor Action to focus Oath of Enmity, Minor to mark the oath as the mark of the Raven Queen, Standard Action to Hit to get +11 damage with Power of the Sun and Pelor's Sun Blessing, and to get +5 damage with Lasting Frost and CA with Wintertouched.
Attack: Sun Strike vs Oath of Enmity with Distant Vengeance and Frost Quarterstaff

Revisions

1.1 Nice side-effect, thx to the fix SongNSilence made (Pervasive Light), we get a higher DPR 48.89
1.2 Race changed to Longtooth Shifter, added Battle Harness and Blood Fury Handaxe, loosing Human Bonus Feat Hybrid Talent (Armor of Faith), now DPR 50.81
1.3 Race changed back to Human, Human Feat now Primal Sharpshooter, Weapon Focus retrained to Primal Eye, no need for Battle Harness and Blood Fury Handaxe, now 51.71 DPR
1.4 Added The Raven Queen's Shroud Boon to get an reroll on one damage die per turn against the marked oath of enmity. It could be seen like a brutal 4 property for the 1d8 dice of the Sun Strike.

Math

Sun Strike:
Hit (+20 vs Reflex 24, two rolls): 6 (Wisdom) + 6 (1/2 level) + 3 (Enhancement) + 1 (Focused Expertise) + 1 (Item, Eagle Eye Goggles) + 1 (Accurate Arrow) + 2 (CA, Wintertouched) = 88% crit 9.7%
DPH: 4.5 crit 8 (Sun Strike) + 1 (Brutal 4, The Raven Queen's Shroud) + 6 (Wisdom) + 3 (Enhancement) + 4 (Primal Eye) + 2 (Item, Bracers of the Perfect Shot, Heroic) + 5 (Lasting Frost Vulnerability) + 6 (Pelor's Sun Blessing) + 5 (Power of the Sun Vulnerability, Paragon) + 6 (Pain of Oath) + 5 (Pervasive Light) + 3 (Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold, Paragon) + 2 (Gloves of Ice) + 0 crit 10.5 (Frost Quarterstaff) = 52.5 crit 65.5
DPR: (.88)(52.5) + (.097)(65.5) = 52.5535

King of Lvl 6, 26.79 DPR

Submission: King of Lvl 6
Revision: 1.0
Class/Race: Hybrid Longtooth Shifter Avenger/Invoker
Final Ability Scores: Str 15, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 8
Feats: Distant Vengeance, Power of the Sun, Superior Implement Training (Defiant rod), Versatile Expertise
Items: Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), The Raven Queen's Shroud (level 3), Magic Defiant rod +2, Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic tier), Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Blood Fury Handaxe +1, Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier)
Setup: Get Longtooth Shifting with Bloodfury Handaxe. Hit to get additional damage with Power of the Sun and Pelor's Sun Blessing.
Attack: Sun Strike vs Oath of Enmity with Distant Vengeance

Math

Sun Strike:
Hit (+12 vs Reflex 18, two rolls): 5 (Wisdom) + 3 (1/2 level) + 2 (Enhancement) + 1 (Versatile Expertise) + 1 (Item, Eagle Eye Goggles) = 84% crit 9.7%
DPH: 4.5 crit 8 (Sun Strike) + 1 (Brutal 4, The Raven Queen's Shroud) + 5 (Wisdom) + 2 (Enhancement) + 2 (Item, Bracers of the Perfect Shot, Heroic) + 5 (Pelor's Sun Blessing) + 3 (Power of the Sun Vulnerability) + 2 (Longtooth Shifting) + 2 crit 9 (Defiant Rod) + 1 (Gauntlets of Blood, Heroic, 50% in battle target is bloodied) = 27.5 crit 38
DPR: (.84)(27.5) + (.097)(38) = 26.786

Striker of Pelor Lvl 16 revised. Pit Fighter replaced with Kensei PP.

DPR affected by errata:

using a combination of two or more of the following: subtle weapon/iron armbands/symbol of divine light/bracers of the perfect shot, these are all item bonuses now.  Also, you have to be attacking with subtle weapon/symbol of divine light to get the bonus.

using two free action attacks on a crit (Two-Weapon Opening, Ardent Fury)  also has symbol of divine light + iron armbands:

novas:

Thank you so much.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Submission: King of Lvl 16
Setup: Have Kensei Focus for the Quarterstaff. Get Longtooth Shifting with Bloodfury Handaxe. Hit to get +17 damage with Power of the Sun (and Symbol of Divine Light) and Pelor's Sun Blessing, and to get +5 damage with Lasting Frost and CA with Wintertouched. Have enough Frozen Whetstones.

Striker of Pelor Lvl 16 revised. Pit Fighter replaced with Kensei PP.

The Symbol of Divine Light was changed to be an item bonus to damage that you get when attacking with it.  You would not get its bonus when attacking with the quarterstaff.
Been a little lazy, but I've basically had this one done since a half hour after I saw the July Errata. As a general rule, I try to respond to errata by finding something better (Avenger/SoC/Sage dies, Avenger/Ardent Champion/Sage of Ages is born... that one dies... this happens...). So, here it is:

Slap Chop, Githzerai Avenger/Ardent Champion/Demigod, pimped out for max At-Will DPR.

L30 CB Summary
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
SlapChop, level 30
Githzerai, Avenger, Ardent Champion, Demigod
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Dexterity
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Wisdom

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 15, Dex 26, Int 12, Wis 28, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 46 Fort: 36 Reflex: 41 Will: 42
HP: 203 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 50

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +22, Athletics +28, Perception +30, Stealth +29

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +25, Arcana +16, Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +24, Endurance +17, Heal +24, History +16, Insight +24, Intimidate +15, Nature +24, Streetwise +15, Thievery +23

FEATS
Level 1: Githzerai Blade Master
Level 2: Unarmored Agility
Level 4: Versatile Expertise
Level 6: Power of Skill
Level 8: Battle Awareness
Level 10: Power of Strength
Level 11: Painful Oath
Level 12: Deadly Draw
Level 14: Paragon Defenses
Level 16: Power Attack
Level 18: Devastating Critical
Level 20: Pervasive Light
Level 21: Hand of Divine Guidance
Level 22: Slashing Storm
Level 24: Font of Radiance
Level 26: Punishing Radiance
Level 28: Triumphant Attack
Level 30: Enmity Shared

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
Avenger at-will 1: Avenging Shackles
Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
Avenger daily 1: Aspect of Might
Avenger utility 2: Distracting Flare
Avenger encounter 3: Fury's Advance
Avenger daily 5: Bond of Foresight
Avenger utility 6: Aspect of Agility
Avenger encounter 7: Relentless Stride
Avenger daily 9: Temple of Shadow
Avenger utility 10: Wings of Vengeance
Avenger encounter 13: Avenger's Demand (replaces Angelic Alacrity)
Avenger daily 15: Aspect of Fury (replaces Temple of Shadow)
Avenger utility 16: Astral Cloak
Avenger encounter 17: Vengeful Parry (replaces Avenger's Demand)
Avenger daily 19: Oath of the Inevitable Blade (replaces Aspect of Might)
Avenger utility 22: Twin Step
Avenger daily 25: Aspect of Death (replaces Bond of Foresight)
Avenger daily 29: Final Oath (replaces Aspect of Fury)

ITEMS
Siberys Shard of Radiance (epic tier), Bloodiron Fullblade +6, Flowform Starweave Armor +6, Timeless Locket +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Many-Fingered Gloves (paragon tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier) (2), Ring of the Radiant Storm (paragon tier), Crown of the Brilliant Sun (paragon tier), Spark Slippers (paragon tier), Symbol of Victory +2
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Important Information
633686494015134310-slapchop.jpg

YOU'RE STILL GONNA LOVE MY NUTS!!!

Attack & Damage Breakdown

Go-To At-Will: Overwhelming Strike
Base: +36 vs AC, 2d12+29
Actual: +36 vs AC, 2d12+55, from a cold start.

Attack Breakdown:
+9, Wis
+15, 1/2 Level
+3, Proficiency
+6, Enhancement
+3, Expertise/feat bonus

Total base: +36

+2, Combat Advantage-- applicable on first attack via Enmity Shared, sustained via Deadly Draw.
-2, Power Attack

Total actual: +36

Damage Breakdown:
+9, Wis
+6, item-Iron Armbands of Power
+6, Enhancement
+4, Power of Strength
+4, Githzerai Blademaster

Total Base: +29

+5, Siberys Shard of Radiance
+3, set bonus, Gifts for the Queen set-- 3 pieces: Ring of the Radiant Storm, Crown, Slippers.
+9, Wis- Painful Oath
+9, Power Attack

Total Actual: +55

Extra damage considerations

On-Crit:
-- Target gains vuln: 10 Radiant UENT (factored here as +10 damage UENT)
-- Target gains -2 to all defenses and -2 to hit (Factored here as +2 to hit)
-- Font of Radiance + Punishing Radiance = 3d6 (save ends) +10 UENT. Factored here as: 3d6+10, assuming the target always saves on first attempt. Note: actual average from this is higher.
-- Bloodiron carry-over
-- 2 x Ring of Giants =+24 damage

-- 1/turn Overwhelming Strike, via Ardent Fury + Power of Skill. +38 vs AC, 2d12+44
Attack & Damage Breakdown

Attack:
+9, Wis
+15, 1/2 Level
+3, Proficiency
+3, Expertise
+6, Enchantment
+2, Combat Advantage
+2, Triumphant Attack
-2, Power Attack

Damage:
+9, Wis
+9, Power Attack
+4, Githzerai Blademaster
+6, item- Iron Armbands of Power
+6, Enchantment
+10, vuln: Radiant + Pervasive Light

Slashing Storm: +9 damage, applied 89.3% of the time (as per hit %)
-- Alternative: The target shifts, teleports, or moves away. If this happens, the Avenger charges, and gains +14 damage UENT from Censure of Pursuit. The charge is made at: +37 vs AC, 2d12+65 damage.

At-Will DPR: 141.18*, assuming the target remains adjacent.
-- Alternative/assuming target moves away to avoid Slashing Storm: 144.41.
Note: Actual At-Will DPR is higher than listed. These numbers do not include Ring of the Radiant Storm calcs, do not carry over Punishing Radiance to subsequent turns, they assume that Font of Radiance is saved against on the first attempt, etc. If I had to guess, I would assume that the actual DPR is above 150. RotRS alone should bump it up by about 3 points, I think.
*Edited to add... Note: Factoring in the Ring of the Radiant Storm (but none of the other elements I left on the table), the DPR for this comes out to.... 144

In conclusion...

Don't fight him, or this happens...
b1.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I added the keys of Bloodiron and dragon material. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Hope you don't mind but I added the keys of Bloodiron and dragon material. 

I don't mind at all. Makes sense to note those elements.
snip

So given that the Ring of the Radiant Storm is an optional reroll, I redid my work with only one damage reroll.

The simplified explanation of what's happening:
1. Roll [W].
2. Turn 1s and 2s into 4s.
3. Roll [W] again, convert to 4s again.
4. Take the better result, in this case the highest number also corresponds to the most 4s(6,7,8 are the only possible results).  Thank heaven.
5. Explode 4s.
6. Turn explode 1s,2s into 4s.
7. Roll explode dice twice, take the better result.

The calculation is as follows:
1.  There are 3 possible states: 6(2 threes), 7(1 three, 1 four), 8(2 fours).
2.  Multiply the probability of each state by the expected result of each state.
3.  Sum the states for the expected damage

Calculation 1

p(#3s,#4s)=x/256

p(2,0)=1/256

p(1,1)=48/256

p(0,2)=207/256
Expected damage for a three is just 3.

Expected Damage for a Four:

4+(1/16)*3+(15/16)(4+(1/16)*3+(15/16)*(4+…=

(67/16)+(15/16)((67/16)+(15/16)((67/16)+…=

(67/16)+(15/16)(67/16)+(15/16)(15/16)(67/16)+…=

(67/16)(1+(15/16)+(15/16)^2+…)=

(67/16)(sum((15/16)^n))=

(67/16)*(1/(1/16))=

(67/16)*(16)=67

p(2,0)*(3+3)+p(1,1)*(3+67)+p(0,2)*(67+67)=
 (1/256)*6+(48/256)*70+(207/256)*(134)=121.5
Expected damage per die: 60.75

I am confident in these results, though they took some irritating handwork to come up with the right probabilities for each state.

Compare that to your calculation, adjusted for rolling twice instead of three times on the first roll:
Calculation 2

(1/16)*3+(15/16)*(4+?...

3/16+(15/16)*(4+3/16+(15/16)*(4+…

3/16+(15/16)*(67/16+(15/16)*(67/16+…

3/16+(15/16)*(67/16(1+15/16+(15/16)^2+…

3/16+(15/16)*(67/16*16)

3/16+67*(15/16)=63 per die

63*2=126 damage total

Your estimates are overstating the contribution of each die, though obviously not by much.

The issue as I see it is that rolling damage twice isn't rolling each die separately, it's rolling the entire bundle twice.  If you roll 1[W] you are rolling 2 d4s and then rolling them both again, but you can't pick the better d4 from the 1st and put it with the better d4 from the second.
Likewise, when you roll 2[W] you are rolling 4 d4s and then rolling them all again...but you have to keep the first pool together with the second pool.

On a similar strain, suppose the Ring of the Radiant Storm reroll DOES include vorpal's added dice.

It's a mistake to say that you roll your base damage, then reroll your vorpal dice as you get them.  Rather, you roll your dice, roll all exploding dice until you get no more max results, and then do the whole process over again.

In this case, suppose that you roll 1[W], and get
Then you roll
Your result is 3+4+4+4+3=18
Now you reroll with the ring, and get
Your result is 3+4+4+4+4+3=22
That's an 4-point result, but there was a 15/16 chance that the second roll would be larger than the first.

In fact, due to the nature of the rerolling probabilities, you will almost always find that one of your two rolls is noticably higher than the other.  On any given vorpal roll, you only have a 1/16 chance of failing to get another, so the point at which any given attempt "drops out" will vary greatly.
I don't really know how to calculate the expected value of that, but it's going to be far less than the several thousand you were predicting. 

DPR affected by errata:

novas:

Thank you so much.

I think IronSky's Wizard|warlock(Hellfire Rebuke) and Wizard|warlock(Scorching Burst) is out now due to the change to Hellfire of Mephistopheles (although with a few mods the damage can almost be the same)
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
I think IronSky's Wizard|warlock(Hellfire  Rebuke) and Wizard|warlock(Scorching  Burst) is out now due to the change to Hellfire of Mephistopheles (although with a few mods the damage can almost be the same)

I'm all ears on how to do that.  I'll see if I can touch it up this weekend.
My fantasy novel: Continent in the Clouds
snip

first, I have to say it's been a while since I agreed with somebody's non-trivial post so completely. the explanation, the explanation on the issue of rerolling (I can see what I screwed up, now), and even the strain about Ring including Vorpal explosions. very well written.

perhaps I indicated this unclearly, but the thousands I came up with were a deliberate misinterpretation of the item for the sake of super high number. allowing rerolls to be... dedicated, for the lack of a better term, would be totally broken.

the only part I'm having doubts about is your number 4 (again); I believe that in picking the higher damage for Radiant Storm we have to include all the exploded dice. and I, too, have no idea how to calculate that... perhaps with an approximation, say, we take the average for dice in Nth generation and above for a relatively small N (=6?) and take the bigger from there... what do you think?

EDIT: upon rereading Vorpal, I checked PHB for a "weapon's damage die". per explanation on p.219, this is 1[W], or what is listed in the table. Vorpal Falchion would therefor explode only 8s on 2d4, and not each d4 separately.

@genjin: what are you trying to say? that Free Soul does not interact with Vorpal? 'cause Vorpal forces you to roll additional damage die, later calling this a reroll, therefor forcing you to reroll. although you are not rerolling any roll per se... I think you might be right...

EDIT2: I think I got it. way to brain dead to explain, but I think it's correct. P(m) is probability for exactly m dice to explode in generation 0.
1.png
why is the picture so small?
The Marilith Summoner has been updated to remove the offending subtle blade.  The new DPR is 354.
I think IronSky's Wizard|warlock(Hellfire  Rebuke) and Wizard|warlock(Scorching  Burst) is out now due to the change to Hellfire of Mephistopheles (although with a few mods the damage can almost be the same)

I'm all ears on how to do that.  I'll see if I can touch it up this weekend.

****Updated 7/22******
Updated includes some minor changes (including Called Shot) and a Level 12 Build

****Updated 7/27******
- Updated to add Arcane Admixture Cold to take advantage of Gloves of Ice and added Subtle Weapon
- Removed level 12 for now...will update with new stuff...just wanted to get feedback on the level 16 first.

****Updated 7/28******
- Added Level 12 Build

Much of the build stolen shamelessly from IronSky - just needed an updated version for a game with Hellfire of Meph... removed

Here is a build I had  been working on...at 16 it comes pretty close with Hellish Rebuke on a pure Infernal Warlock.  Revnent Tiefling would have been easier, but I left it straight up tiefling for flavor...I also have not factored in the numbers for Bloodied.  The 85.5 DPR I can guarantee with the Shadowrift Dagger.  I could also switch around some feats to get WLMR...but left it out since I cannot always count of the damage.  I also added in Eldritch Admixture gloves (Cold) to help punch through fire resistance.

The Numbers at Level 16 - DPR: 93.9

Attack Bonus:  22 (26) vs Reflex
6 Con
8 ½ Level
4 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Versatile Expertise
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(2 Combat Advantage-Shadow Warlock Armor)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+44+2d6  3.5+44+7=54.5   /     Rebuke 3.5+39=42.5
6 Con
4 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Weapon Focus
3 Blood Pact of Cania
3 Fundamental Mastery
3 Superior Implement Bonus
(3 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Called Shot)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(4 Subtle Weapon - Dagger)
(2 Gloves of Ice)

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.90*54.5)+(0.05*86) = 53.4
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.90*42.5)+(.05*45) = 40.5
DPR = 93.9

Build Level 16
Alt 16, level 16
Tiefling, Warlock, Academy Master
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Arcane Admixture Power: Hellish Rebuke
Background: Imbuer (Imbuer Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 22, Dex 13, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 11.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 24 Will: 21
HP: 109 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +17, History +17, Intimidate +15, Bluff +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Arcana +14, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +14, Heal +7, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Stealth +11, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9, Athletics +8

FEATS
Level 1: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 2: Hellish Blast (retrained to Weapon Focus (Light Blade) at Level 8)
Level 4: Superior Implement Training (Ashen rod) (retrained to Arcane Implement Proficiency at Level 7)
Level 6: Hellfire Blood
Level 8: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 12: Called Shot
Level 14: Arcane Admixture
Level 16: Lasting Frost

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
Infernal Pact: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock encounter 1: Chains of Levistus
Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock daily 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock utility 6: Shadowslip
Warlock encounter 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock daily 9: Feast of Souls
Warlock utility 10: Accursed Souls
Warlock encounter 13: Killing Flames (replaces Chains of Levistus)
Warlock daily 15: Caution of Dispater (replaces Flames of Phlegethos)
Warlock utility 16: Hero's Defense

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Shadow Warlock Drowmesh +3, Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Circlet of Indomitability (heroic tier), Razordark Bracers (paragon tier), Subtle Incendiary dagger +4

The Numbers at Level 12 - DPR: 69.8
Attack Bonus:  17 (21) vs Reflex
5 Con
6 ½ Level
3 Enhancement
1 Hellfire Blood
1 Superior Implement
(1 Prime Shot)
(2 Combat Advantage-Shadow Warlock Armor)
(1 Arcane Underpinning)

Damage Bonus: 1d6+29+2d6 =39.5  (Crit:  6+29+12+18=65) /    Rebuke 1d6+29=32.5 (Crit:  6+29=35)
5 Con
3 Enhancement
3 Off-Hand Enhancement
3 Blood Pact of Cania
1 Hellfire Blood
2 Weapon Focus
3 Superior Implement Bonus
(1 Siberys Shard of the Mage)
(5 Lasting Frost)
(3 Sublte Weapon)

DPR:
Inital Damage/Crit (.90*39.5)+(0.05*65) = 38.8
Rebuke Damage/Crit (.90*32.5)+(.05*35) =  31
DPR = 69.8

Level 12 Build
12 DRP Build, level 12
Tiefling, Warlock, Academy Master
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)
Background: Imbuer (Imbuer Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 21, Dex 13, Int 17, Wis 9, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 11.

AC: 23 Fort: 24 Reflex: 22 Will: 22
HP: 88 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +14, History +14, Intimidate +13, Bluff +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Arcana +11, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +11, Heal +5, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth +9, Streetwise +8, Thievery +7, Athletics +6

FEATS
Level 1: Blood Pact of Cania
Level 2: Hellish Blast (retrained to Weapon Focus (Light Blade) at Level 8)
Level 4: Superior Implement Training (Ashen rod) (retrained to Arcane Implement Proficiency at Level 7)
Level 6: Hellfire Blood
Level 8: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 12: Lasting Frost

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
Infernal Pact: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock encounter 1: Chains of Levistus
Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock daily 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock utility 6: Shadowslip
Warlock encounter 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock daily 9: Feast of Souls
Warlock utility 10: Accursed Souls

ITEMS
Shadow Warlock Leather Armor +2, Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier), Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier), Siberys Shard of the Mage (heroic tier), Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Circlet of Indomitability (heroic tier), Cloak of Translocation +2, Subtle Incendiary dagger +3

Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. Psalm 141:5 Let the Righteous smite me...Infernal Warlock Build Red Sun Legionnaire...Paladin/Warlock Hybrid Build
check and check.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Been a little lazy, but I've basically had this one done since a half hour after I saw the July Errata. As a general rule, I try to respond to errata by finding something better (Avenger/SoC/Sage dies, Avenger/Ardent Champion/Sage of Ages is born... that one dies... this happens...). So, here it is:

Might i suggest changing your race to revenant (deva), picking up potent rebirth (and a life charm, walking around at below 0), taking soul of the world, and regaining Githzerai at lvl 21.

Should end up being +1 to hit and +1 damage, and -1 Dex over your current build.

Edit: also, battlecrazed might help alot too.

Edit2: also, restless dead for another +2 to hit, which also replaces your defense feats

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Just wanted to point out that the lvl 24 dpr king InYourFace(Fighter|Ranger) by Damon_Tor has a few modifiers that it's assuming in its twin strike calculations that it wouldn't get.

The build assumes it gets a power bonus from both battlefury stance (+6) and the longtooth shifting bonus (+3 with a feat) when it would only get one or the other because both are power bonuses.

Additionally the build assumes it can gain both the kensei and longtooth shifting bonuses while using a bloodfury weapon which is not the weapon type selected for the kensei weapon which might cause the lvl 16 kensei feature to stop working when the bloodfury weapon is "used" depending on what the strict RAW interpretation of the word used is. I'm not sure if used means used to make an attack roll or whether activating a magic weapon encounter power while being held would qualify.
Just wanted to point out that the lvl 24 dpr king InYourFace(Fighter|Ranger) by Damon_Tor has a few modifiers that it's assuming in its twin strike calculations that it wouldn't get.

The build assumes it gets a power bonus from both battlefury stance (+6) and the longtooth shifting bonus (+3 with a feat) when it would only get one or the other because both are power bonuses.

Additionally the build assumes it can gain both the kensei and longtooth shifting bonuses while using a bloodfury weapon which is not the weapon type selected for the kensei weapon which might cause the lvl 16 kensei feature to stop working when the bloodfury weapon is "used" depending on what the strict RAW interpretation of the word used is. I'm not sure if used means used to make an attack roll or whether activating a magic weapon encounter power while being held would qualify.

For the record, I wasn't aware that build was still even legal with all the errata that's been going on since I made that.  Good catch with Battlefury+Shifting.
You'd need to remove one of your two multiclass feats but other than that it is.

Might i suggest changing your race to revenant (deva), picking up potent rebirth (and a life charm, walking around at below 0), taking soul of the world, and regaining Githzerai at lvl 21.

Should end up being +1 to hit and +1 damage, and -1 Dex over your current build.

Edit: also, battlecrazed might help alot too.

Edit2: also, restless dead for another +2 to hit, which also replaces your defense feats

You can certainly put that one together if you'd like. I'm not the type to be offended by people reworking or reposting variants of my builds, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

One of my personal rules is to avoid certain elements when I'm putting builds together. As it happens, Soul of the World and Revenant kinks are two things that I don't object to seeing other people use, but have a personal distaste for. A lot of my personal rules wind up limiting me somewhat (example: you will never, ever see the day when I build a Half Elf Avenger with Twin Strike Dilettante-- though, again, I don't object to other people doing so), but... in the end, I'm happier doing things this way. May not make sense, I suppose, but it's how I am.
You can certainly put that one together if you'd like. I'm not the type to be offended by people reworking or reposting variants of my builds, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

One of my personal rules is to avoid certain elements when I'm putting builds together. As it happens, Soul of the World and Revenant kinks are two things that I don't object to seeing other people use, but have a personal distaste for. A lot of my personal rules wind up limiting me somewhat (example: you will never, ever see the day when I build a Half Elf Avenger with Twin Strike Dilettante-- though, again, I don't object to other people doing so), but... in the end, I'm happier doing things this way. May not make sense, I suppose, but it's how I am.

Well in that case, i'll have to put together a revenant avenger with soul of the world and twinstrike Tongue out

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Well in that case, i'll have to put together a revenant avenger with soul of the world and twinstrike

Have a ball, man

Longtooth Shifting is an untyped bonus.
[Well in that case, i'll have to put together a revenant avenger with soul of the world and twinstrike

"I suck I suck I suck I suck I AM THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS".

Although you're so feat constrained I'm not sure a straight build will actually beat the straight living half-elf avenger (~160, using some of the tricks Auspex7 showed me)

Sign In to post comments