D&D Encounters Season Two - Player's Journal

22 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi all,

I had so much fun during D&D season one that I started a journal for season two.  I'm playing Barcan (human sorcerer) but the journal is third person and I'm trying to capture the flavor of all the players/characters at the table.  

This journal might be useful if someone misses a session or two and wants to catch up.  Our DM mentioned that he created a little extra backstory, so if something doesn't look familiar it's probably just his creative mind at work.

Enjoy!

adayinthelifeofanadventurer.blogspot.com... 

Bumpage for an excellent blog.
I'm second from the left in the picture.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Very good blog, i will certainly will try to follow it as much as i will try to remember.
Entry for session #2 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #3 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #4 has been posted.  Now featuring a picture, too.  Enjoy!

These are very cool. You should post a link to this thread or the relevant blog in each of the weekly reports.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Good idea Alpha.  I'll do that.
Entry for session #5 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Awsome write up as usual Tasmin.
I'm second from the left in the picture.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Entry for session #6 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #7 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #8 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #9 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #10 has been posted. Enjoy!

Entry for session #11 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #12 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Entry for session #13 has been posted.  Enjoy!

Hi - thanks so much for posting this!  It is a great read, and obviously your DM really prepares for and understands each encounter and appears to be adding nice touches, plus managing the encounters like a true artiste.

It feels like you have the same or almost the same players running the characters week to week, which is a huge advantage in consistency.  At the store I DM for, and I suspect many other places, there is a lot of inconsistency in how many players come and which characters will be in that week's adventure, such that there is only a vague retention of the pre-gen party and the ongoing story flow.  Plus there are often brand new players to D&D in the mix, it's the nature of the program, so you are lucky to be at a "VIP" table I think. Smile

Hi - thanks so much for posting this!  It is a great read, and obviously your DM really prepares for and understands each encounter and appears to be adding nice touches, plus managing the encounters like a true artiste.

It feels like you have the same or almost the same players running the characters week to week, which is a huge advantage in consistency.  At the store I DM for, and I suspect many other places, there is a lot of inconsistency in how many players come and which characters will be in that week's adventure, such that there is only a vague retention of the pre-gen party and the ongoing story flow.  Plus there are often brand new players to D&D in the mix, it's the nature of the program, so you are lucky to be at a "VIP" table I think.

Thanks for the kind words, Shaadow.  You are very perceptive about a couple things!  Our Encounters group has been blessed with almost zero turnover.  You are correct that makes a huge difference.  We have a great time and feel like a group.  Our store typically has 4+ tables going, but returning players who register and pay a nominal fee get priority seating.  Those fees then go to purchase gift certificates for DMs.  It's a great model.

You're also correct the DM does a fantastic job.  (He posts on these boards under the name "Kedrith.")  He is always prepared and is good at adjusting the difficulty level to make things challenging but not overwhelming.  He's also very welcoming and fun.

Our group decided to stick with the pregens because changing characters so far into the adventure seemed really distracting.  We never really had a problem with the pregens and we've been having fun all along.  

Maybe your store can think about a pre-registered table for next season?  If you can run more than one table, I think it's great to have one table for anyone who shows up and another for those willing to make a commitment to be present for the majority of sessions.

Happy Gaming!

Entry for session #14 has been posted. 

Can you believe we're almost there?  Enjoy!

Entry for session #15 has been posted. 

Thanks to all our organizers, DMs, hosting stores, and players. 

Special thanks to our DM, Jeff ("Kedrith") for doing such a great job.

Sign In to post comments