DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post

Finally remembered to do my average calcs... gah. Also added Dancing Dagger to build. And then removed it. *sigh*

264.20 DPR(CA) Tiefling Sorcerer, Morninglord, Radiant One (30th), by Wolf_in_the_Meadow (124578@) (Frost, Fire and Radiant)

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Wolf

Where is the "When hit" line coming from? Is this White Lotus Master Riposte? If it is, then that damage will never trigger because the enemy would be foolish to attack you. If you have a way of ensuring the enemy hits you, then I don't really know where the rest of the numbers are coming from. I'm guessing the 24 and 25.5 are secondary damage from Hellfire Rebuke (which assumes the enemy hits, and that's not guaranteed) and riposte, but those numbers need to be recalculated I think since you can't apply quarry damage more than once per round. I'm guessing 5 is riposte, 5*3 is the 3 vulnerabilities (against hellish rebuke secondary, riposte, and master riposte). What's the 20?

24 is the white lotus master reposte itself and 25.5 is the hellfire rebuke secondary, and 20 is the expected damage from 5 ongoing damage + 5 fire vulnerability from master riposte hitting a fire vulnerable target.  The 5s are the fire vulnerability being triggered.

The caveat I gave in my initial build that this build makes the (big) assumption that the enemy will attempt to attack you.  In actuality, depending on your DM, you could expect to get this off 1/fight (if your DM isn't metagaming) before the enemies wise up.  If they are mindless, you might get it off for a full fight.  I suppose a better assumption would be that this is a suicide/chicken-lock, going in solo and hoping the enemy dies before he does.

On the plus side, you will tend to have either relative invulnerability(enemies avoid you) or massive DPR.  With his defenses, same-level enemies hit his AC on a 5, so if they do attack, they'll probably hit...

In previous calculations, I only applied the curse damage in the initial attack for Hellfire Rebuke, but I see I made a mistake and left it in on this one.  I'll edit that as soon as I finish posting this.  It'll drop Hellfire Rebuke's DPR by 3-4 probably.  Edit: I changed it, new DPR for Hellish Rebuke is 83.05(97.65 bloodied).

Again, I'm not sure why the "when hit" line would ever trigger.

Also most people seem to add their vulnerability as damage assuming they hit the target the previous round, so to make a fair comparison, you might want to add that to the primary attack damage.

Sometime when I have more time available, I'll break down its DPR into ignored, attacked, and hit DPR so people can get an assessment of what its DPR capabilities are depending on how the enemies (DM) react to it.  I'll also do as you suggest, and assume I've already hit the enemies the previous round to give them fire vulnerability.

I was so focused on the fire theme that I forgot about Academy Master.  I'll change to that too.  In the future, I'll also edit the last one I updated to keep it easier for you.
My fantasy novel: Continent in the Clouds
With three daily magic item uses before milestones and using two per fight, you can actually only sustain that for the first fight, then again during the third (and seventh, if it goes that far), as you get the milestone when you complete the second encounter. I think you need to be able to sustain the dpr for the first encounters (3? 5? I have a feeling it was written somewhere but I can't find it) for this thread.

Also, (and for Ironsky's build too, as Mengu pointed out) I don't see how you are ensuring you are getting hit. Normally, damage conditional on being hit is only included in dpr if you have something like a mark, which punishes them for not hitting you (and then it is the lower of the mark and the riposte; you assume the enemy takes the best choice).

By the way Borg, great job keeping this thread up to date. It's a very useful resource, and has lasted  much better then most.

Edit: Somewhat ninja'd by Ironsky. I guess that's true; that dpr works in a solo fight, or makes you invincible to one enemy if they want to avoid letting you have it in a regular fight. Maybe the assumption of being hit needs an abbreviation, similar to dpr (Ch)?
I'm going to have to agree here.  I'm going to have to put your DPR as "Unorthodox" because the rest of us here assume the monsters choose the least damaging path, and not attacking you is that path.  This is why swordmage + nice MBA is so favorable.  It imposes a catch 22.  Because it's unfair to the other candidates to have their DPR values compared to yours (them being held to certian assumptions, and you assuming different) which has a direct impact on DPR(more than CA or Ch due to WLR + WLMR) do you think it fair if I put "unorthodox" next to your DPR.  The fact I'm allowing it is saying quite a bit.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Unorthodox sounds appropriate.  I'll rebuild it again and split up its DPRs as soon as I have time.

I'm going to have to agree here.  I'm going to have to put your DPR as "Unorthodox" because the rest of us here assume the monsters choose the least damaging path, and not attacking you is that path.  This is why swordmage + nice MBA is so favorable.  It imposes a catch 22.  Because it's unfair to the other candidates to have their DPR values compared to yours (them being held to certian assumptions, and you assuming different) which has a direct impact on DPR(more than CA or Ch due to WLR + WLMR) do you think it fair if I put "unorthodox" next to your DPR.  The fact I'm allowing it is saying quite a bit.

Thanks, Borg. I don't mind that at all. Laughing

I can honestly say though I've never been in a fight in which I haven't been hit. Defenders and Catch22s are there to stop monsters going after leaders/strikers/controllers. As a striker who is literally going to be blasting away in their faces, I don't know how I can assume they won't attack me. It basically means I can't die unless they have auto-damage or my entire party is already dead.

If you were a DM and your choice was to allow me blast away at all your monsters for the entire fight, or hit me and probably take me out quite quickly, which would you choose?

Also, updated build. Again.

365.30(CA, Unorthodox) Tiefling, Sorcerer|Warlock, Morninglord, Radiant One (30th), by Wolf_in_the_Meadow (124578@) (Frost, Fire and Radiant)

Please don't be offended but I feel that your build needs some more inspection from others. I'm busy at the moment, but I think there are some things that are wrong.  It just feels off, don't know why.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
If you were a DM and your choice was to allow me blast away at all your monsters for the entire fight, or hit me and probably take me out quite quickly, which would you choose?

Honestly, I'd probably attack you with monsters that you missed or weren't able to include in your at-will to avoid white lotus and still attack you.  Same thing I'd do against my build.  Some DMs aren't that tactically savvy and some play monsters at the monster's intelligence instead of the DMS so it might work well against them, but on the other end, you might be up against a metagaming DM that sees it in action in one fight and doesn't let you get away with it ever again...

Please don't be offended but I feel that your build needs some more inspection from others. I'm busy at the moment, but I think there are some things that are wrong.  It just feels off, don't know why.

lol, I don't get offended.

One small error has been pointed out, but it doesn't lower the DPR, as another point by the same chap has increased it, lol.

I'm gong to re-calculate DPR with the changes when I get home, I'll re-do all the various DPRs to make sure it works.

Aside from the assuming I will/won't be attacked, which is due to the vagaries of the DM and how they choose to interpret their role, there only seems to be one point of potential contention brought forward so far - if I'm proven wrong about it, it will not drop the DPR below the current one, at any stage. Regardless, the DPR will have increased very slightly after I recalculate tonight.

Thanks for humoring me.

Wolf.

Actually, I just posted some problems on your thread. Unfortionately, they might not be the easiest changes to make. I think if you fix those, though, you'll be done.

Thanks, Paultimatum.

I've done what I can, but the Whetstone/Dancing is a pain... It may be a bust as far as none-slasher DPR king goes, but it's a quite damaging build all the same, if I do say myself.

I don't suppose I can really ask for more... lol

Wolf.

I updated my build with Academy Master with the assumption I hit in the previous round(as suggested) and split apart my DPRs.   I'm debating whether the "If enemy hit attacks / hits" for the second and third numbers is a more useful assumption or not.  If the assumption is changed to "If enemy attacks / hits", the DPR increases from base (below) drop 20-25%. 

I'd guess it would make more sense to go with the lower number?  I don't know right now, my math hurts...

Hellfire Rebuke
Base DPR: 46.63
If enemy hit attacks: 82.76
If enemy hit hits: 113.26

Bloodied numbers: 51.25, 90.65, 125.5

Scorching Burst
Base DPR(3x3): 41.13
If enemy hit attacks: 77.26

Bloodied numbers: 45.4, 84.8
For the rebuke, can't you force the retribution by damaging yourself somehow?  
Even then there are quite a few numbers to report and no reduction I can see. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I revised Wendigo (Rogue Charger) to get 138 DPR, but it requires Warforged Tactics. Is that too situational for a DPR king candidate? I like that it can get close to 140 (I think it could break 140, but it needs more work), but without Warforged Tactics it is completely self reliant. 

Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.

Okay, so I'm updating my build, hopefully for the last time:

384.79532 DPR (CA, Unorthodox) Tiefling, Sorcerer|Warlock, Morninglord, Radiant One (30th), by Wolf_in_the_Meadow (124578@) (Frost, Fire and Radiant - Triple-Cheese)

Triple-Cheese

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this guy - he's been a pain in my posterior but hopefully he's finished...

Again, thank you.

Wolf.

Ok, here's my first serious build for this (and, incidentally, my first ever epic build).

265.3 DPR Radiant Flurry (30th), by Paultimatum (2456+@)

Basically, this build combines the Blurred Strike Ki focus (allowing a second Flurry of Blows with another attack) with twin strike through dilettante, and puts radiant on all of it with Radiant One. The slashing storm feat and dancing weapons add another application of radiant each. Free action item swapping with battle harness and tying things to yourself also comes up (as in the Arcane Slasher).

Build

(modified from character builder export)

level 30
Revenant, Monk, Morninglord, Radiant One
Monastic Tradition: Stone Fist
Past Life: Half-Elf
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 26, Dex 17, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 34 Fort: 39 Reflex: 37 Will: 36
HP: 183 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 45

FEATS
Level 1: Restless Dead
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Unarmed)
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Unarmed)
Level 6: Adept Dilettante (Constitution)
Level 8: Skill Training (retrained to Initiate of the Faith at Level 11)
Level 10: Skill Training (retrained to Ghostly Vitality at Level 21)
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 12: Brutal Flurry
Level 14: Deft Blade
Level 16: Fierce Vitality
Level 18: Weapon Master
Level 20: Melee Training (Constitution)
Level 21: Slashing Storm
Level 22: Radiant Advantage
Level 24: Rending Tempest
Level 26: Font of Radiance
Level 28: Unarmed Mastery
Level 30: Improved Monk Unarmed Strike

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Blurred Strike Ki Focus +6, Adventurer's Kit, Battle Harness Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Life Charm +5, Ki Dagger +1 (2), Symbol of Divine Light +4, Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Ring of the Radiant Storm (paragon tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Gauntlets of Destruction (paragon tier),  Dancing Dagger +4 (5), Siberys Shard of Radiance (epic tier), Spark Slippers (paragon tier), Crown of the Brilliant Sun (paragon tier), Queen's Staff +3,

5 249 120 gp remaining

DPR

Attack

Twin Strike:
15 (lvl) + 8 (con.) + 6 (enh.) + 3 (prof.) + 3 (expertise) + 2 (CA) +2 (restless dead)

= (2x) 39 vs. AC 44, 19-20 crit         (10% crit, 70% hit, 20% miss)

Dancing Weapon MBA:
15 (lvl) + 8 (con.) + 6 (enh.) + 3 (prof.) + 3 (expertise) + 2 (CA) +2 (restless dead)

=39 vs. Ref 42                                 (5% crit, 85% hit, 10% miss)

Flurry of Blows:

First: ~100%

Second: 1 – (0.2*0.2 + 0.2*0.1 + 0.2*0.1) = 92%

One of the flurries is almost guaranteed to trigger (if at least one attack hits, less then half a percent chance of not happening). The second one I think has a chance of 1- (chances of each pair missing combined).

Damage

Twin Strike: (main hand): ~14.1 (2d10 roll twice b1) + 3 (w. focus) +6 (enh.) + 6 (armbands) + 6 (starborn) + 10 (vunerability) + 8 (Pelor's) + 4 (Gifts for the Queen set bonus)
= 57.1

Crit: 62.1 + 5.9 (max dice) + ~26.  (7d6 roll twice b1) + 12 (ring of giants)

= ~101

Twin Strike: (off hand): 57.1 + 0.8*7.5 (Rending Tempest-- hit chance of first attack*1d10 roll twice b1)
= 63.1

Crit: 106 + 0.8*10 (Rending tempest maxed)

= ~109

Dancing MBA: ~6.6 (2d4 roll twice b1) + 43 (TS - 20.1) + 5 (dragonshard) + {1- 0.2*0.2}*3.4 (Rending Tempest-- chance of a TS hit*1d4 roll twice b1)
= ~57.9

Crit: 59.6 + 1.4 (max dice) + 3.84 (RT maxed) + ~26 + 12

= ~97.84

Flurry of Blows: 3 (base) + 2 (str) + 4 (Brutal Flurry) + 2 (Ki Weapon) + 6 (starborn) + 10 (vulnerability) + 8 (Pelor's)
= 35

Slashing Storm: 2 (wis) + 6 (starborn) + 10 (vulnerability) + 8 (Pelor's)
= 26

Font of Radiance: ~12.1 (3d8 roll twice) + 6 + 10 + 8

= 36.1

DPR

Hits: 0.7*57.1 + 0.7*63.1 + 0.85*57.9

= ~133.4

Flurry of Blows: 35 + 0.92*35

= 67.2

Slashing Storm: 26

= 26

Like FOB #1, slashing storm is almost guaranteed.

Crits: 0.1*101 + 0.1*19 + 0.05*97.84

= ~25.89

Font of Radiance:

Chance of a crit in a given round: 1- 0.9*0.9*0.95 = ~0.23

Chances of there not being one in two: ~0.59

0.23*(1 + (0.45*0.77) + (0.2*0.59))*36.1

= ~12.16

I think I get how to calculate font of radiance. You can calculate it to arbitrary precision because of it's ongoing component; I stopped at two turns because after that it would only be adding around 0.2 to damage. I'm assuming only one font of radiance can work at a time. If that's wasn't the case for some reason, this would be simpler and would go in the crits damage.

DPR: 133.4 + 67.8 + 26 + 25.89 + 12.16

= ~265.3

Wow, some of that math took a while. Now I really get what a pain it would be to redo it all because of some mix up somewhere (and likely I'll have to, though I tried to be careful).

I couldn't decide between light blades and unarmed for quite a while, but in the end the 21 dex for mastery took too much off int and con, which are added a lot.

Also, I chose half-elf/dilettante before I thought of using the dancing weapon through the ki focus to help apply Flurry of Blows; with the fire keyword from Radiant One and all the fire cheese tieflings just got, there might be a better version possible with a monk at-will (the one that knocks prone for those damage bonuses?). They are implement powers though, so that changes a lot.

One more note: this build only has things related to offence (really; +1 armour), but with lots of gold left over. Since you stay up below 0, with +2 to defences and insubstantial, you could actually survive quite well (belt that gives resist all 30 below 0 hp anyone? With insubstatial cuts effectivly 60). It is, however, unplayable in heroic, and probably not all that special in paragon, although it might be decent. The feats are in arbitrary order.

Oh yeah, and for all your xdx roll twice needs, I recommend AnyDice. A free, browser based program that can do pretty much any dice which I found with google when I gave up on 7d6.

-Edit: Removed Punishing Radiance because it requires divine attack powers, as dragon4e pointed out. I replaced it with Improved Monk Unarmed Strike, and also switched gloves to gauntlets of destruction at the same time.

-Edit: Removed Subtle on dancing MB because it probably doesn't work. Used the gold for a mummified hand and a war ring.

Edited for july errata (symbol of divine light and subtle), and removed the mummified hand because you have to hold it (although I guess you technically could still for the dancing, but it's gone now).

...and yet missed windrise ports. D'oh.

Punishing radiance only apply to a divine attack power. Starborn is radiant but it isn't a divine power. Now the Morninglord got 2 divine attack powers. I don't think your odds of getting a crit on those are very high. Maybe select another feat? Since your con is so high you might consider Deva Heritage and Radiant Recovery. You'll be putting out 8 temp from everything you put starborn damage on and also getting hit by a radiant attack.

Ok, here's my first serious build for this (and, incidentally, my first ever epic build).

332.9 DPR Radiant Flurry (30th), by Paultimatum (2456+@)

Basically, this build combines the Blurred Strike Ki focus (allowing a second Flurry of Blows with another attack) with twin strike through dilettante, and puts radiant on all of it with Radiant One. Also, the slashing storm feat and dancing weapons add another application of radiant each. Free action item swapping with battle harness and tying things to yourself also comes up (as in the Arcane Slasher).

Build

(modified from character builder export)

level 30
Revenant, Monk, Morninglord, Radiant One
Monastic Tradition: Stone Fist
Past Life: Half-Elf
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 26, Dex 17, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 34 Fort: 39 Reflex: 37 Will: 36
HP: 183 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 45

FEATS
Level 1: Restless Dead
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Unarmed)
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Unarmed)
Level 6: Adept Dilettante (Constitution)
Level 8: Skill Training (retrained to Initiate of the Faith at Level 11)
Level 10: Skill Training (retrained to Ghostly Vitality at Level 21)
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 12: Brutal Flurry
Level 14: Deft Blade
Level 16: Fierce Vitality
Level 18: Weapon Master
Level 20: Melee Training (Constitution)
Level 21: Slashing Storm
Level 22: Radiant Advantage
Level 24: Rending Tempest
Level 26: Font of Radiance
Level 28: Unarmed Mastery
Level 30: Punishing Radiance

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Blurred Strike Ki Focus +6, Adventurer's Kit, Battle Harness Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Life Charm +5, Ki Dagger +1 (2), Symbol of Divine Light +4, Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Ring of the Radiant Storm (paragon tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), War Ring (Paragon), Many-Fingered Gloves (paragon tier), Subtle Dagger +6, Subtle Dagger +6, Dancing Dagger +4 (5), Siberys Shard of Radiance (epic tier), Spark Slippers (paragon tier), Crown of the Brilliant Sun (paragon tier), Queen's Staff +3

914 120gp remaining

DPR

Attack

Twin Strike:

= (2x) 39 vs. AC 44, 19-20 crit         (10% crit, 70% hit, 20% miss)

Dancing Weapon MBA:

=39 vs. Ref 42                                 (5% crit, 85% hit, 10% miss)

Flurry of Blows:

First: ~100%

Second: 1 – (0.2*0.2 + 0.2*0.1 + 0.2*0.1) = 92%

One of the flurries is almost guaranteed to trigger (if at least one attack hits, less then half a percent chance of not happening). The second one I think has a chance of 1- (chances of each pair missing combined).

Damage

Twin Strike: (main hand): ~12 (2d8 roll twice) + 3 (w. focus) +6 (enh.) + 6 (armbands) + 6 (offhand subtle) + 6 (starborn) + 15 (vunerability) + 8 (Pelor's) + 4 (Gifts for the Queen set bonus)
= 66

Crit: 66 + 4 (max dice) + 27.05  (7d6 roll twice) + 12 (ring of giants) + 10*{1 + 0.8*3 + 0.9*2 + 4 + 0.92 + 0.98} (Punishing Radiance)

= ~220

Punishing radiance adds 10  per damage effect until the end of the next turn, so 10*hit chance of attacks + flurry of blows off this attack, the one assumed to hit next turn, and the slashing storms +  the other flurries (0.98 is chance of one triggering on the other two attacks this turn).

Twin Strike: (off hand): 66 + 0.8*6 (Rending Tempest-- hit chance of first attack*1d8 roll twice)
= 70.8
Crit: 66 + 0.8*8 (Rending tempest maxed) + 27.05 + 12 + 10*{1 + 0.8*2 + 0.9*2 + 4 + 0.92 + (0.2*0.9)}

= 209.1

The odd one is the chance of there being a flurry left for the dancing, and it hitting.

Dancing MBA: ~6 (2d4 roll twice) + 54 (TS - 12) + 5 (dragonshard) + 6 (mainhand subtle) + {1- 0.2*0.2}*3.1 (Rending Tempest-- chance of a TS hit*1d4 roll twice)
= ~74
Crit: 71 + 2 (max dice) + 3.84 (RT maxed) + 27.05 + 12 + 10*{1 + 0.8*2 +  0.9 + 3 + 0.92 + 0.36}

= ~193.7

Flurry of Blows: 3 (base) + 2 (str) + 4 (Brutal Flurry) + 2 (Ki Weapon) + 6 (starborn) + 15 (vulnerability) + 8 (Pelor's)
= 40

Slashing Storm: 2 (wis) + 6 (starborn) + 15 (vulnerability) + 8 (Pelor's)
= 31

Font of Radiance: ~12.1 (3d8 roll twice) + 6 + 15 + 8

= 41.1

DPR

Hits: 0.7*66 + 0.7*70.8 + 0.85*74

= 158.66

Flurry of Blows: 40 + 0.92*40

= 76.8

Slashing Storm: 31

= 31

Like FOB #1, slashing storm is almost guaranteed.

Crits: 0.1*220 + 0.1*209.1 + 0.05*193.7

= 52.6

Font of Radiance:

Chance of a crit in a given round: 1- 0.9*0.9*0.95 = ~0.23

Chances of there not being one in two: ~0.59

0.23*(1 + (0.45*0.77) + (0.2*0.59))*41.1

= ~13.84

I think I get how to calculate font of radiance. You can calculate it to arbitrary precision because of it's ongoing component; I stopped at two turns because after that it would only be adding around 0.2 to damage. I'm assuming only one font of radiance can work at a time. If that's wasn't the case for some reason, this would be simpler and would go in the crits damage.

DPR: 158.66 + 76.8 + 31 + 52.6 + 13.84

= 332.9

Wow, some of that math took a while. Now I really get what a pain it would be to redo it all because of some mix up somewhere (and likely I'll have to, though I tried to be careful).

I couldn't decide between light blades and unarmed for quite a while, but in the end the 21 dex for mastery took too much off int and con, which are added a lot.

Also, I chose half-elf/dilettante before I thought of using the dancing weapon through the ki focus to help apply Flurry of Blows; with the fire keyword from Radiant One and all the fire cheese tieflings just got, there might be a better version possible with a monk at-will (the one that knocks prone for those damage bonuses?). They are implement powers though, so that changes a lot.

One more note: this build only has things related to offence (really; +1 armour), but with lots of gold left over. Since you stay up below 0, with +2 to defences and insubstantial, you could actually survive quite well (belt that gives resist all 30 below 0 hp anyone? With insubstatial cuts effectivly 60). It is, however, unplayable in heroic, and probably not all that special in paragon, although it might be decent. The feats are in arbitrary order.

Oh yeah, and for all your xdx roll twice needs, I recommend AnyDice. A free, browser based program that can do pretty much any dice which I found with google when I gave up on 7d6.

-Edit: There minor formatting glitches for some reason. Oh well.

Apart from what dragon4e said, all seems to check out, apart form one small thing... Why do you have 2 subtle daggers?

lol, Nice build, Paultimatum  - although if you got all the math done first time I may hate you :p I've had like, 10 revisions now, lol.

Wolf.

Apart from what dragon4e said, all seems to check out, apart form one small thing... Why do you have 2 subtle daggers?

lol, Nice build, Paultimatum  - although if you got all the math done first time I may hate you :p I've had like, 10 revisions now, lol.

Wolf.

SUbtle has the property that it can be used off-hand and still stack with itself due to it not being a bonus but extra damage.  Very cheesy but true.  I have to accomodate for technically true but cheesy.  Frostcheese started as cheesy anc technically works, and then ended up as a standard and accepted way to do things.  I doubt any DM would allow it but it's possible and RAW.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Dang, I totally missed the divine attack power part. With a couple of minor adjustments, that drops DPR by about 19. Oh well, I''m just happy to still be over 300. I updated the build.

@dragon4e: Radiant Recovery would be nice, but this build is designed purely for DPR. In actual play, you would want some modifications, and that could be a good one.

Also, a just a random thought that occured to me: for the exeptional assumptions, like charge, CA and unorthodox (or maybe even in the key for other cheese) you could use color coding, to make it more obvious what uses what. I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it could be too much work, but it might be worth considering.
Dang, I totally missed the divine attack power part. With a couple of minor adjustments, that drops DPR by about 19. Oh well, I''m just happy to still be over 300. I updated the build.

@dragon4e: Radiant Recovery would be nice, but this build is designed purely for DPR. In actual play, you would want some modifications, and that could be a good one.

Also, a just a random thought that occured to me: for the exeptional assumptions, like charge, CA and unorthodox (or maybe even in the key for other cheese) you could use color coding, to make it more obvious what uses what. I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it could be too much work, but it might be worth considering.

I think it's possible.  It'd be a simple search for a number with chrome and then highlight it and color them.  I'll look into it.  I'd have to recolor each candidates as they come in, but seeing that most only have 3-4 cheese elements I think it's be fine
DPR King Candidates 3.0

Wolf.

SUbtle has the property that it can be used off-hand and still stack with itself due to it not being a bonus but extra damage.  Very cheesy but true.  I have to accomodate for technically true but cheesy.  Frostcheese started as cheesy anc technically works, and then ended up as a standard and accepted way to do things.  I doubt any DM would allow it but it's possible and RAW.

I know... I use it myself.

What I mean is, if he's tying it to his armor ala Slasher, he only really needs one and his Blurred Strike Unarmed, as he can drop it as a free action and just swap them over again for free due to Battle Harness. DPR stays the same as he is only ever benefiting from one, but he saves Gp3,125,000.

Also, can Dancing Weapon trigger a second flurry? Can you channel Blurred Strike Ki through the dancing weapon attack when the attack is only caused by the dancing enchantment, which is over-written by the ki focus?

Sorry to be a hassle!

Wolf.

The second subtle is just for the dancing weapon attack, holding one in each hand. It's a lot of gold for a small bonus, particularly the last +, but this build has gold to spare.

I think you can use the ki focus on the blurred stike melee basic, because it says to make an MB as if you were wielding the weapon. The ki focus overriding the properties, powers, and enhancements for the attack only applies to the attack itself, as far as I can tell. So, you don't get the benefits of its powers during the attack, but by then you don't need them; you're already making the attack.

You have to make the Dancing basic attack as if you were wielding it, so you can only hold 1 subtle weapon. I think? I could very well be wrong.

As to the dancing weapon/ki focus, I think it could easily go either way, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Wolf.

Okay... so I have a new candidate:

408.42(CA) The Wracker Tiefling, Swordmage|Ranger, Morninglord, Radiant One (30th), by Wolf_in_the_Meadow (124578@) (Frost, Fire and Radiant)

Wolf

Here is both the original Marilith Summoner, and the Optimized Marilith Summoner.  There are 3 reasons I totally love this build:  
First: Mariliths are my favorite demons ever, and demons are my favorite monsters ever, and I love that I get to use them now.
Second: High crit has always appealed to me, even though it's not really optimized.  Lightning has also always been my favorite damage type.  Lancing Dagger therefore has always screamed at me to be used, but I had a hard time justifying it. Similarly, Ball Lightning is super awesome.  Every time I look at the Sorcerer class I say 'Why would I ever play them, when they can't get Ball Lightning??!?!'.  Yes I realize it's not actually that fantastic.  But I loves it dearly.
Third: I've managed to avoid the Radiant Mafia! (Which, given my half-elf radiant twin-striking mafia, I'm quite proud of.)

The only thing that shows up due to the key is the Summon Marilith power which is from the Dragon magazine, and the fact that Shocking Flame confers the lightning keyword.

Defensive Marilith Summoner, 209.55(@9)
Show

Only the Important Info

Voidsoul Genasi Wizard/Rimetongue Caller/Radiant One, Level 30
Str 14->24, Con 10->12, Dex 13->15, Int 16->26, Wis 14->16, Cha 8->10

+6 Accurate Staff of Ruin, +6 Summoner's Tome, Epic Siberys Shard of Cold, Gloves of Ice, Ring of Giants, Ring of Giants, Opal Ring of Remembrance, +6 Dawn Warrior Starleather, +6 Cloak of Arachnidia, 291k gold

Resist: 15 Psychic/Poison, 10 Lightning/Fire/Cold/Acid
AC: 43, Fort: 44, Ref: 45, Will: 42

Arcane Admix (Summon Marilith, Cold), Wintertouched, Lasting Frost, Versatile Expertise (Staff), Staff Focus, Elemental Empowerment
Dual Implement Spellcaster, Wizard Implement Mastery, Arcane Mastery, Vistani Heritage, Vistani Foresight, Leather Proficiency
Superior Implement, Robust Defenses, Elemental Warrior, Epic Will, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes

Power: Summon Marilith (Use once, Use once from AP, Use once from Vistani AP, Use once from Tome, Use once from first milestone AP, Use once from second milestone AP, Use once from third milestone AP, total 7 encounters without problem)

+15 lvl +8 int +6 enh +3 feat +1 accurate +2 CA +2 item = +37 vs Ref 42
 = 20% miss chance, 10% crit, 70% hit

Damage: 2d10 base +8 int +6 enh +6 item +6 DIS +5 vuln +8 CA +7 str +5 shard +1d6 PP +3 feat +4 gloves = 14.5 + 58 = 72.5 * 0.7 = 50.75 average hit damage per attack
 +
Crit = 6d10 + 26 + 58 + 24 rings = 33 + 108 = 141 * 0.1 = 14.1 average crit damage per attack

DPA = 64.85

DPR = DPA * 3 + Aura = 194.55 +15 = 209.55

Offensive Marilith Summoner (379.055, @)
Show

Stormsoul Genasi Wizard|Fighter/Bloodmage/Archspell
Str 14->24, Con 10->12, Dex 11->13, Int 18->28, Wis 10->12, Cha 8->10

+6 Jagged Lancing Dagger w/ Epic Siberys Shard of Cold, +6 Magic Dagger, Gloves of Ice (Epic), Ring of Giants, Opal Ring of Remembrance, Iron Armbands of Power (Epic), 5 +4 Dancing Rapiers, +6 Runic Starweave, +5 Magic Neck, Ring of Free Time, 2235000 gp  (Mummified Hand costs 1.625 if your DM wil allow you to simply wear the Mummified Hand instead of holding it in order to get the benefits.  This allows you to wear all 3 rings at once.)

Superior Implement (Lancing Dagger), Wintertouched, Lasting Frost, Light Blade Expertise, Silvery Glow, Elemental Empowerment
Dual Implement Spellcaster, Hybrid: Tempest Technique, Arcane Mastery, Vistani Heritage, Vistani Foresight, Leather Proficiency
Intelligent Melee Training, Improved Defenses, Light Blade Arcane Implement, Arcane Admix (Ball Lightning, Cold), Arcane Admix (Summon Marilith, Cold), Shocking Flame

Powers: Summon Marilith (Signature Spell, usable 1/encounter) + Bolstering Blood), Ball Lightning (Arcane Mastery useable 5 encounters/day (4th encounter uses AP from Vistani Foresight) + Bolstering Blood)), Martial Supremacy

AC: 44, Fort: 43, Ref: 43, Will: 36

Marilith DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +9 int +6 enh +3 feat +2 CA +2 item +1 Talent +2 signature spell = +40 vs Ref 42 = 5% miss chance, 10% crit, 85% hit
Damage: 2d10 base +2d10 bolstering blood +9 int +6 enh +6 item +6 DIS +5 vuln +7 str +5 shard +4 feat +4 gloves +4 shocking flame +4 energized +2 tempest +3 expertise = 22 + 65 = 87 * 0.85 = 73.95
Crit = 20 ongoing + 40 + 65 +3d10 high crit +12 giants = 29 + 117 + 16.5 = 162.5 * 0.1 = 16.25
DPA = 90.2
DPR = DPA * 3 = 270.6

Dancing DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +9 int +4 enh +3 prof +3 feat +2 item +2 CA roll twice Martial Supremacy= +38 vs AC 44 = 6.25% miss, 9.75% crit, 84% hit
Damage: 2d8 +9 int +4 enh +4 shocking flame +6 item +3 expertise = 9 + 26 = 35 * 0.84 = 29.4
Crit: 16 +26 +12 +4d6 = 54 + 14 = 68 * *0.0975 = 6.63
Total = 36.03

Ball Lightning DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +9 int +6 enh +3 feat +2 item +2 CA +1 talent = +38 vs Ref 42 = 15% miss chance, 10% crit, 75% hit
Damage: 3d6 base +2d10 bolstering blood +9 int +6 enh +6 DIS +5 vuln +7 str +5 shard +4 feat +4 gloves +4 energized +2 tempest +3 expertise = 10.5 +11 + 55 = 76.5 * 0.75 = 57.375
Crit: 38 + 55 +12 giants + 20 ongoing + 3d10 = 29 + 105 + 16.5 = 150.5 * 0.1 = 15.05
Total = 72.425

Total DPR: 379.055 (343.025 without Dancing)

Additional Note:  You could get 2 Marilith's out in one encounter due to the Bloodmage level 12 Utility ability.  This means that for the most part you don't have to worry about the Marilith dying.

And now for a mediocre Marilith Summoner on an Avenger Chassis - due to needing to use Oath too often, and trying to keep myself as well as the Marilith adjacent to enemies, the action economy on this chassis simply doesn't work without large party cooperation.

I'm probably going to actually make a thread based on this version, although sadly he no longer uses a Lancing Dagger OR Ball Lightning..
Show

Deva Unity Avenger/Morninglord/Radiant One

Str 10->12, Con 13->15, Dex 11->13, Int 16->26, Wis 16->26, Cha 8->10

Vistani Heritage, Wizard MC, Light Blade Expertise, Light Blade Focus, Wintertouched, TWF
TWO, Lasting Frost, Adept Power, Intelligent Melee, Improved Defenses, Light Blade Implement
Arcane Mastery, Vistani Foresight, Hand of Divine Guidance, Arcane Admix (Cold), Punishing Radiance, Dual Implement Spellcaster

Desired DPR Feats that were dropped for defenses: Incendiary Dagger Proficiency

+6 Vicious Incendiary Dagger w/ Epic Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth, +6 Frost Rapier w/ Paragon Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth, Opal Ring of Remembrance, Ring of Giants, Iron Armbands of Power (Epic), Gloves of Ice (Epic), 5 +4 Dancing Rapiers w/ Paragon Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth, +6 Runic Starweave, +6 Magic Neck

Powers: Summon Marilith (Arcane Mastery useable 5 encounters/day (4th encounter uses AP from Vistani Foresight)), Oath of Enmity

Quick Note:  
4 attacks per turn, 19% crit rate = 57% chance of at least 1 crit/turn
3 attacks per turn with main hand weapon, 19% crit rate = 47% chance of crit spawning TWO attack per turn
We assume Wintertouched/Lasting Frost for all Marilith and Dancing Attacks, and never for TWO attacks, although technically, that isn't quite the right break down.

Marilith DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +8 int +6 enh +3 feat +2 CA +2 item = +36 vs Ref 42 = 6.25% miss chance, 19% crit, 74.75% hit
Damage: 2d10 base +8 int +6 enh +6 item +6 DIS +5 vuln +8 ED +5 shard +3 feat +4 gloves +3 expertise +5.7 punishing radiance +10 morninglord +3 unity  = 11 + 72.7 = 83.7 * 0.7475 = 62.56575
Crit = 20 +72.7 maxed base +12 giants +6d12 vicious = 104.7 +39 = 143.7 * 0.19 = 27.303
DPA = 89.86875
DPR = DPA * 3 = 269.60625 

Dancing DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +8 int +4 enh +3 prof +3 feat +2 item +2 CA = +37 vs AC 44 = 9% miss, 19% crit, 72% hit
Damage: 2d8 roll +4 int +4 enh +8 ED +5 shard +3 feat +3 expertise +5.7 punishing radiance +10 morninglord +3 unity +6 item = 9 +51.7 = 60.7 * 0.72 = 43.704
Crit: 16 +51.7 +4d6 +8 = 89.7 * 0.19 = 17.043
Total = 60.747

TWO MBA DPR:
Hit: +15 lvl +8 int +6 enh +3 prof +3 feat +2 item = +37 vs AC 44 = 9% miss, 19% crit, 72% hit
Damage: 2d8 roll +4 int +6 enh +8 ED +5 shard +3 feat +5.7 punishing radiance +10 morninglord +3 unity +4 gloves +6 item= 9 +54.7 = 63.7 * 0.72 = 45.864
Crit: 20 +57.7 +6d6 +12 = 110.7 * 0.19 = 21.033
Total = 66.897

Total DPR: 269.60625 + 60.747 + (0.47*(66.897) = 31.44159)
= 361.79484

Incendiary Dagger: +1 to hit (+2.25% hit), +4 to damage for Marilith attacks 
= +3*(0.0225*83.7 + 0.96*4) = 3*(1.88325 + 3.84) = 17.16975

Total DPR with pure DPR feats: 378.96459

And now for something completely different.  I wanted to start work on this before I post a proper thread, so I'm just doing it here for convenience.

Show

Goliath Barbarian/PMC Fighter/Martial Archetype
Str 18->28, Con 11->15, Dex 14->22, Int 8->10, Wis 10->12, Cha 10->12

Gouge Prof, Spear Expertise, Student of the Sword, Novice Power, Acolyte Power, Adept Power
Silvery Glow, Deadly Axe, Power Attack, Impaling Spear, Improved Defenses, Goliath Double Attack
Spear Mastery, Martial Mastery, Epic Resurgence,  Epic Will, Overwhelming Critical, Toughness

Hurricane DPR:
4 attacks: 
To Hit: +15 lvl +9str +6 enh + 3 feat + 2 prof +2 CA -2 PA = +35 vs AC 44 = 

AUGH THESE PERCENTAGES ARE STILL WRONG! AUGH!

Round 1:
Hurricane of Blades
Round 2:
Hurricane (19%), Rain of Blows (81%)
Round 3:
Hurricane (8.1%), Rain (28.20366%), Storm of Blades (63.69634%)
Round 4:
Hurricane (7.29%), Rain (25.910777%), Storm (3.102883%), Howl (63.69634%)
Round 5:
Hurricane (6.561%), Rain (15.809834%), Storm (12.806366%), Howl (64.8228%)
Round 6: 
Hurricane (5.9049%), Rain (14.663367%), Storm (10.104012%), Howl (69.327721%)

Rain = Hurricane(n-1)*(Hurricane(n-1)*HurricaneCrit + Rain(n-2)*RainCrit +Storm(n-2)*StormCrit + Howl(n-2)*HowlCrit) + Rain(n-1)*RainCrit + Storm(n-1)*StormCrit + Howl(n-1)*HowlCrit

Storm = 1 - Hurricane(n)- Rain(n) - Storm (n-1) - Storm (n-2) - Storm (n-3) + Storm(n-1)*Storm(n-2) + Storm(n-1)*Storm(n-3) + Storm(n-2)*Storm(n-3) - Storm(n-1)*Storm(n-2)*Storm(n-3)

Howl = 1 - Hurricane(n)- Rain(n) - Storm(n)

Hurricane Crit: 0.1*4 - 0.01*6 +0.001*3 - 0.0001
= 0.3429
Rain Crit: 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.96*0.1 - 0.1*0.1 - 0.1*0.96*0.1 - 0.1*0.96*0.1 +0.1*0.1*0.96*0.1
= 0.26776
Storm Crit: 0.1 + 0.8*0.1 + 0.64*0.1 - 0.1*0.8*0.1 - 0.1*0.64*0.1 - 0.8*0.1*0.64*0.1 + 0.1*0.8*0.1*0.64*0.1
= 0.224992
Howl Crit:
= 0.1

Avenger Kulkor (289 DPR at 30)
Show

Bugbear Avenger|Artificer/Kulkor Arms Master/Lorekeeper

Str 13->17, Con 12->18, Dex 11->17, Int 8->10, Wis 18->26, Cha 10->12

Arcana, Religion, Nature

Power of Skill, Surprising Charge, Gouge Proficiency, Polearm Momentum, Battle Awareness, Spear Expertise
Axe Focus, Impaling Spear, Deadly Axe, Arcane Admix (Sigil of Luck, Cold), Acolyte Power, Painful Oath
Kulkor Battlearm Student, Lasting Frost, Devastating Critical, Wintertouched, Slashing Storm, Power Attack

Rushing Cleats, +6 Carnage Gouge, Iron Armbands, Gloves of Ice, War Ring, Ring of Giants, Frost Shard, Horned Helm

Overwhelming Strike, Martial Supremacy, Vorpal Weapon, Sigil of Luck 

To Hit:
+15 level +8 wis +6 enh +3 feat +2 prof +2 CA +1 power -2 PA +1 charge = +36 vs Ref 42 
= 0.045 miss, 0.478 crit, 0.477 hit (on charge) 
= 0.065 miss, 0.478 crit, 0.457 hit (kulkor attack)

Damage:
4d7+4 base +8 wis +2 lorekeeper +3 feat +2d7+2 surprising charge +3 expertise +8 oath +5 vuln +8 slashing storm +9 power attack +6 enh +6.6 carnage +6 item +4 gloves +5 shard +3d6 helm +4 sigil = 24+10.5+83.6
= 118.1 (on charge)
= 81 (kulkor)

Crit: 
42+18+77 max base +12 giants +6.6 carnage +6d7+6 high crit +6d12 carnage +1d12 war +1d10 devastating
= 236.6 (on charge)
= 183.6 (kulkor)

DPR:
0.477*118.1 + 0.478*236.6 + 0.955*(0.457*81 + 0.478*183.6)  
= 288.6

Avenger Kulkor level 16 (87 DPR)
Show

Longtooth

Str 13->16, Con 10->11, Dex 13->17, Int 8->10, Wis 18->24, Cha 10->12 

Gouge Proficiency, Surprising Charge, Power of Skill, Battle Awareness, Kulkor Battlearm Student, Polearm Momentum
Wintertouched, Lasting Frost, Painful Oath, Spear Expertise

To Hit:
+8 lvl +7 wis +3 enh +2 feat +2 ca +2 prof +1 charge = +25 vs AC 30
= 9.75% crit, 86.25% hit (charge)
= 9.75% crit, 84% hit (kulkor)

Damage:
2d5+2 base +7 wis +2d5+2 surprising charge +5 vuln +7 oath +2 expertise +3 enh +4 item +3 shard +2 gloves +2d6 helm = 12+7+37 
= 56 (charge)
= 32 (kulkor)

Crit:
20+12+37+3d6+6
= 85.5 (charge)
= 52.5 (kulkor)

DPR: 0.8625*56 + 0.0975*85.5 + 0.96*(0.84*32 + 0.0975*52.5) 
= 87.35505

Half-Elf Avenger/Kulkor/Thief of Legend (271 DPR)
Show

Str 13->16, Con 10->12, Dex 13->22, Wis 18->30

Polearm Momentum, Adept Diletante, Kulkor Battlearm Student, Heavy Blade Expertise, Power of Skill, Heavy Blade Focus
Versatile Master, Heavy Blade Opportunity, Heavy Blade High Crit MBA, Acolyte Power, Lasting Frost, Deadly Draw
Hand of Divine Guidance, Thievery Training, Painful Oath, Slashing Storm, Power Attack, Reckless Attacker

+6 Frost Glaive, +6 Piwafwi, +6 Shadowflow Starweave, Rushing Cleats, Iron Armbands, Gloves of Ice, Frost Shard, War Ring, Ring of Giants, Horned Helm

Stealth: +38

Overwhelming Strike, Brash Strike, Oath of Enmity, Martial Supremacy

To Hit:
+15 lvl +10 wis +6 enh +3 feat +3 prof +2 CA +1 charge -2 power attack = +38 vs AC 44
= 0.050625 miss, 0.3439 crit, 0.605475 hit (charge)
= 0.0729 miss, 0.3439 crit, 0.5832 hit (MBA, no charge)
= 0.0324 miss, 0.3439 crit, 0.6237 hit (brash, no charge)

Damage
4d4 base +10 wis +6 enh +6 item +5 shard +4 gloves +5 vuln +3 feat +9 power attack +3d6 helm +10 oath +10 storm = 10+10.5+68
= 88.5 (charge)
= 58 (MBA)
= 68 (Brash)

Crit:
16+18+68+6d6 frost +1d6 war +6d4 high crit +12 giants
= 143.5 (charge)
= 105.5 (MBA)
= 100.5 (Brash)

DPR: 0.605475*88.5 + 0.3439*143.5 + 0.949375*(0.5832*58 + 0.3439*105.5) + 0.6237*68 + 0.3439*100.5 + 0.3439*(0.5832*58 + 0.3439*105.5)
= 270.575433
That's really nice.  Being reliant on a power from dragon woud constitute the @.  Imagine if someone wanted to play your build but the DM said no dragon magizine.  Seeing the @ would tell him your build is off limits.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Based on the Winning Races: Wilden article, I've gone ahead and done the silliness that is the Treeborn.

Avenging Plant! (16@) DPR: 166.385559375, 207.724621875 with Dancing Weapons
Show

Important Info Only:

Wilden Avenger/Treeborn/Reincarnate Champion (Revenant, Fire Genasi)
Str 12, Con 13, Dex 24, Int 12, Wis 30, Cha 10

Shaman MC, Double Axe Prof, Axe Expertise, Axe Focus, Two-Weapon Fighting, Wintertouched
Two-Weapon Opening, Lasting Frost, Deadly Axe, Devastating Critical, Versatile Master, Slashing Storm
Improved Armor of Faith, Half-Elf Soul, Shocking Flame, Godsworn Fatalist, Adept Diletante, Painful Oath

+6 Frost Doubleaxe w/ Siberys Shard of Frost (Epic), Iron Armbands of Power (Epic), Ring of Giants, War Ring, Gloves of Ice, +6 Skybound Starweave, +6 Periapt of Cascading Health, Paragon Diamond Cincture, Fey Warrior Boots, Eye of Awareness, 5 +5 Dancing Khopesh

AC: 46, Fort: 35, Ref: 42, Will: 44, Speed 6, Init +27

To hit: +15 lvl, +6 enh, +10 wis, +2 prof, +3 feat, +2 CA = +38 vs AC 44 = 6.25% miss, 27.25% crit, 66.5% hit

Damage: 2d10 base +6 enh +5 shard +4 gloves +5 vuln +6 item +3 feat +4 Shocking flame +1 TWF = 45 average hit
Crit = 54 + 6d6 magic crit + 3d10 high crit + 1d10 devastating crit + 10 Godsworn +12 Giants +5.5 War Ring = 124.5 average crit
Twin Strike DPR:
0.665 * 45 + 0.665 * 44 + 0.2725 * 124.5 + 0.2725 * 123.5 + 0.2725 * 0.665 * 54 + 0.2725 * 0.2725 * 133.5 = 29.925 + 29.26 + 33.92625 + 33.65375 + (7.97335) 9.785475 + (9.170646875) 9.913209375  = 146.463684375

Painful Oath DPR:1-(0.0625*0.0625)*10 = 9.9609375
Slashing Storm DPR:1-(0.0625*0.0625)*10 = 9.9609375 

DPR: 166.385559375

Dancing DPR:
To hit: -1 (+5 enh instead of +6) -2 (no CA) = +35 to hit vs AC 44 = 9% miss, 9% crit, 82% hit
Damage: 2d8 base +10 wis +5 enh +6 item +3 feat +4 Shocking flame = 37 average hit
Crit: 44 base +6d6 magic crit +3d10 high crit +1d10 devastating crit +1d10 war ring +12 ring of giants +10 godsworn +5 cold vuln +4 gloves of ice = 121.5
Painful Oath/Slashing Storm = 0.0625*0.0625*0.82*20 = 0.0640625
DPR = 0.82*37 + 0.09*121.5 + 0.0640625 = 30.4040625 + 10.935 = 41.3390625

DPR With Dancing = 207.724621875

Level 16 DPR: 58.008046875
Show

Wis 24
Double Axe Prof, Expertise, Focus, Painful Oath, Wintertouched, Two-Weapon Fighting
Deadly Axe, Lasting Frost, Two-Weapon Opening
+4 Frost Double Axe, Paragon Iron Armbands, Paragon Siberys Shard, Heroic Gloves of Ice, Ring of Giants
To hit: +8 lvl, +4 enh, +7 wis, +2 prof, +3 feat, +2 CA = +26 vs AC 30 = 2.25% miss, 27.25% crit, 70.5% hit
Damage: 1d10 base +7 wis +7 oath +4 enh +3 shard +2 gloves +5 vuln +4 item +2 feat +1 TWF = 40.5 average hit
Crit = 45 + 4d6 magic crit + 2d10 high crit +8 Giants = 78 average crit
Overwhelming Strike DPR:0.705 * 40.5 + 0.2725 * 78 + 0.2725*0.4775*26.5 + 0.2725*0.2725*64 = 28.5525 + 21.255 + 3.448146875 + 4.7524
= 58.008046875

for nova, is it acceptable to use becoming bloodied as part of your setup round, since any striker can easily assume that he will be bloodied if the party doesn't try to stop it?
for nova, is it acceptable to use becoming bloodied as part of your setup round, since any striker can easily assume that he will be bloodied if the party doesn't try to stop it?

You are granted a round of preperation before you bust open the door.  SUre.
DPR King Candidates 3.0

SUbtle has the property that it can be used off-hand and still stack with itself due to it not being a bonus but extra damage.  Very cheesy but true. 

It works, but only for implement attacks.  It works on implement attacks since there is nothing that prevents an off-hand implement property from applying to attacks with the main hand.  Also, there is a FAQ answer saying that a warlock can apply the properties from two rods, so that has been taken to work for all implement attacks.  For weapon attacks, an off-hand subtle weapon does not work due to the AV page 56 rule saying that a property from your off-hand weapon does not apply to attacks made with the main hand.  It would not work for the MBA from a dancing weapon, since you have to make the attack using the dancing weapon.
Based on the Winning Races: Wilden article, I've gone ahead and done the silliness that is the Treeborn.

+6 Frost Doubleaxe w/ Siberys Shard of Frost (Epic), Iron Armbands of Power (Epic), Ring of Giants, Ring of Giants,

Damage: 2d10 base +6 enh +5 shard +4 gloves +5 vuln +6 item +3 feat +1 TWF = 41 average hit
Crit = 50 + 6d6 magic crit + 3d10 high crit + 1d10 devastating crit + 10 Godsworn +24 rings

Two Ring of Giants do not stack anymore since they changed the rules for untyped bonuses. 

The Ring of Giants wording seems to indicate that you are getting a separate +2 bonus for each +1 of your weapon. Without those bonuses being able to stack, a single ring might now only give a +2 bonus no matter what the enhancement bonus of your weapon is.

+6 Frost Doubleaxe w/ Siberys Shard of Frost (Epic), Iron Armbands of Power (Epic), Ring of Giants, Ring of Giants,

Damage: 2d10 base +6 enh +5 shard +4 gloves +5 vuln +6 item +3 feat +1 TWF = 41 average hit
Crit = 50 + 6d6 magic crit + 3d10 high crit + 1d10 devastating crit + 10 Godsworn +24 rings

Two Ring of Giants do not stack anymore since they changed the rules for untyped bonuses. 

The Ring of Giants wording seems to indicate that you are getting a separate +2 bonus for each +1 of your weapon. Without those bonuses being able to stack, a single ring might now only give a +2 bonus no matter what the enhancement bonus of your weapon is.

The next best is a ring of giants and a war ring.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'll go ahead and change that to Ring of Giants and a War Ring.  I'm going to assume that since the wording on Ring of Giants is extremely similar to the wording on a weapon's critical die damage (+1dx per enhancement bonus), that I get the full +12 from the Ring of Giants.  I'll also  note that it's a 16@ for the key.

They changed the rule for all bonuses. The same named game element never stacks with itself.

They changed the rule for all bonuses. The same named game element never stacks with itself.

Would that extend to Symbol of divine light?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I don't think so, because that's not a 'bonus'.

I guess it does seem like an offhand subtle weapon won't work, although it's not entirely clear what is supposed to be happening there, since several enhancements do nothing at all if their bonus applies only to the weapon (as discussed on the wracker thread). Should I remove it from my build borg?

Also, I just noticed there are a few more builds that got nerfed. At 30, Wil, an avenger/pit fighter and one that has feycharger in the name (it doesn't seem to be using eladrin swordmage advance, but fey gambit which it does use also no longer triggers). 16 and 11 both have twin striking daggermasters.

Would that extend to Symbol of divine light?

I don't understand. When would you try to stack Symbol of Divine Light with itself?

Paultimatum; Off hand Subtle still works if your main hand isn't Subtle, as long as you are capable of using the Subtle weapon (and thus wielding it).

I think Borg means if eveyrone in the party has one. It's a Radiant Mafia schtick.

Wolf.

Paultimatum; Off hand Subtle still works if your main hand isn't Subtle, as long as you are capable of using the Subtle weapon (and thus wielding it).

You need to deliver the attack with the weapon in order to apply the property. I don't think off-hand subtle works for weapon attacks. It might work with powers that say "you must be wielding two weapons", and with dual implement, I'm not sure. Ultimately, it needs the same clarification that staff of ruin got.

Sign In to post comments