Elf

Elf

7’, <140YO, Tribal nomads, Herders

Half-Elf

Half-Elf

Taller from the elf side

Half-Giant

Goliath

11’, 2000 lb., “Most translations to the common tongue make the speech of half-giants sound dull and redundant.  Many humans joke that this is because half-giants have trouble understanding any concept, whether giant, human, or otherwise.”, once intentionally bred, now their own species

Halfling

Halfling

Feral, strict carnivores, forest dwellers, <140YO

Human

Human

Deserts are harsh

Mul

*Mul*

½ Human ½ Dwarf, Hairless, Sterile, Bred for combat

Pterran

-

Reptiloids, stubs where tails and wings used to be, revere the “EarthMother”

Thri-Kreen

*Thri-Kreen*

“Mantis Warriors”, 4 arms, Don’t sleep, Loyal, have a taste for elves

Dray

Dragonborn

“long, whiplike tails”, 2nd generation are exclusive to New Giustenal, 1st generation were exiled to Kragmorta

Eladrin

?

*Tiefling*

Tiefling

?

Deva

?

-----

Gnome

Extinct

? Tarek ?

Half-Orc

Hairless, strong musky odor, guard the hills and mountains from the gith

Shifters

?

Bladeling

?

Bugbear

?

Doppelganger

?

Drow

?

? Ruvoka ?

Genasi

Non-crystaline, elementals, communicate to other species using "a limited form of telepathy", very-rare

Gith

Gith

Nominal divergence

Gnoll

?

------

Goblin

Extinct

Hobgoblin

Possibly extinct

------

Kobold

Extinct

Minotaur

?

---

Orc

Extinct

Shadar-Kai

?

? Golem ?

Warforged

Ash/Chitin/Obsidian/Rock/Sand/Wood, Unable to use psionics, immune to psionic affects except telekinesis and psychoportation

Nice table. I'm looking forward to see what they will do with the races that did not exist before.

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Isnt Thiefling some sort of demonic/devilish part and part human?

If this is so, it can't be on athas no? 
The Siltskimmer Page - www.siltskimmer.org
I'm beginning to suspect we're going to see the new Dark Sun roll back *all* the way to the original Boxed Set and Dragon Kings - meaning Athas won't be as segregated from the planes as it was around the launch of the revised setting.
I believe the Gith of Athas aren't quite like the Githzerai or Githyanki. If memory serves, the Gith of Athas are seriously "de-evolved" versions of the Githyanki, a direct result of the "Mind Bomb" that the Githzerai used against the Githyanki on Athas way back when, which also had the side-effect of infusing Psionics into the world... The Athasian Gith are more reptillian and not too bright.

ɯ1ǝɥʞɹɐp dǝɹo1x -- ".sɹouɹɹǝ buı1ǝ1ds s,ɹǝʇnɯoɔ ʎɯ ɹǝɟ 1ǝqɐɔuodsǝɹ ʇou 1ǝʇs ɯ,ı"

My Top Albums

"I'm stel not responcabel fer my comuter's spleling errnors." -- Xlorep DarkHelm

It has been stated the Creature Catalog uses the Brom full color drawing of a gith as the basis for the canon appearance of a gith. So, no githzerai or githyanki appearance.

Don't know why. Tanari and Baatezu are mentioned in the revised box set. Crimson Monolith section. If worse comes to worse, the tieflings could have a connection to the planar gate and dregoth, or the crimson monolith or other possibilities we don't know about yet.

4e DS will probably include as much of the core 4e universe as possible. We simply don't know how it will work out yet. Whether this is a good or bad thing, is yet to be seen.
Long Live Dragonlance and the Nexus! I still want an athasian nightmare beast and a warforged dragon mini! "Look, Meat, I'll tear your face off, rip your throat out and eat what's left-because that's what I do to food like you." ~Thrikreen Intimidation Tactic.
My Custom 4th edition Content (New Content:0)
* My Personal 4e Darksun Material found below: Currently updating.
I'm pretty certain the Crimson Monolith entry does not mention demons and devils. It mentions beings rumored to pass through its stone. It suggests druids or primal beings.

That's what I thought, unitl the previews of the characters for this Summer's Fury of the Wastewalker D&D Encounters Adventure were posted: dungeonsmaster.com/2010/05/dark-sun-char...

Jarvix the Tiefling has one horn, which is rare, presumably meaning there are more Tieflings ... ones with multiple horns.
I'm pretty certain the Crimson Monolith entry does not mention demons and devils. It mentions beings rumored to pass through its stone. It suggests druids or primal beings.

Baatazus and Tanar'ris are actually mentionned as a possibible origine for the creatures that come from the monolith.

Yup, but the use of the words Tanari and Baatezu in a darksun product means that those things are known. Otherwise, they wouldn't use those specific names. It could have been an error, but it's in the book, regardless. The crimson monolith is a perfect way for a DM to include demons and devils in a game, since we really know nothing about it beyond what they wrote. At least, I don't, and I don't think I'm alone.
Long Live Dragonlance and the Nexus! I still want an athasian nightmare beast and a warforged dragon mini! "Look, Meat, I'll tear your face off, rip your throat out and eat what's left-because that's what I do to food like you." ~Thrikreen Intimidation Tactic.
My Custom 4th edition Content (New Content:0)
* My Personal 4e Darksun Material found below: Currently updating.
As I wrote here, the DDE adventure has some info on races that is very interesting.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

As I wrote here, the DDE adventure has some info on races that is very interesting.

Thank you Alphastream No.1 . A little difficult to decipher much from the one-liners... and doesn't really answer most of the questions we've been having. I think I'll wait for the campaign setting release before deciding whether I like the DS Eladrin and Tiefling concepts.

I wonder if there's any information in the Tiefling handbook about Dark Sun Tieflings (or the Dragonborn handbook about Dray).