A Request for Gencon

Ok guys so pre registration for tickets is now open.

At this point it is very important that if you are going and can buy these tickets.

Space is at a premium this year for miniatures and strong numbers will help us get space.  So if you are reading this and thinking of prebuying tickets by all means please do.

Also Judges:

Some of you should have gotten your email notification of your badge being ready.  If you are one of my judges and have not been notified you have a badge guess what you still have not given me your information.  so get it to me.

team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network
Jake and I bought our tickets if you want to see what events we are planning on playing in.
We bought our tix for the mystery map and the champs.
check
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
There's still gencon for SWM?

good luck guys....Innocent

Whatever's left of SWM.
SWM will still be strong this GC!
Dean has been awesome about arranging events, getting judges, booking it all etc, and even lining up prize support. Think that this year there will be the most events ever. Something between 15 and 20.

I've got my tickets pre-ordered this year!

good luck guys....

Whatever's left of SWM.

I'm sure this was meant as a joke or something, but it's kind of inappropriate and mean.  There will most certainly still be Gencon events for SWMs this year, and likely for many years into the future.  I guess if you think WotC was necessary for any of that in the past, your comments might make sense, but it's been player led and supported for quite some time now.  WotC had very little involvement in anything Gencon for SWMs, and even then it was primarily player and volunteer led.  Talk to Jim Fraiser about it.

This year, Gamers and Miniatures Market are replacing Passtimes.  The only differences the players will notice are a slight increase in cost for events, much better efficiency in pairings, and that there are in fact more events.  This should actually be the best year to be at Gencon for SWMs we have ever had. 

good luck guys....

Whatever's left of SWM.

I'm sure this was meant as a joke or something, but it's kind of inappropriate and mean.  There will most certainly still be Gencon events for SWMs this year, and likely for many years into the future.  I guess if you think WotC was necessary for any of that in the past, your comments might make sense, but it's been player led and supported for quite some time now.  WotC had very little involvement in anything Gencon for SWMs, and even then it was primarily player and volunteer led.  Talk to Jim Fraiser about it.

This year, Gamers and Miniatures Market are replacing Passtimes.  The only differences the players will notice are a slight increase in cost for events, much better efficiency in pairings, and that there are in fact more events.  This should actually be the best year to be at Gencon for SWMs we have ever had. 

+1

Seriously, this year's SWM events have lost NOTHING from last year...other than the impossibly long wait-times between rounds.   

And more than that, we've gained some good ground too, such as a better schedule and a very exciting Mystery Map tournament.  The very popular Team Tournament will be back again from last year, as well as DD and TW events (not midnight start times this year!), multiple Mass Battles events, the Jedi Challenge (a combination of 3 tournaments: 100 and 150 and 200pts) and the Championship.  Plus the RPG (there are rumors of a 20th level schenario being run!) on Wednesday night.  I've been to Gencon for the last two years and absolutely loved it both times, but as I look at it, there's more to be excited about for SWM at Gencon this year than either of the past two.  Seriously, this will be the best year for SWM at Gencon yet!

>@dnemiller

t's just tough to justify an outlay of funds ($120 for the SWM schedule I'd like to play) if we don't know what deadlines GenCon is imposing on you.  What cut-off is there?

In general, while we're talking about event costs: What drives the cost of the events, anyway?  They seem much higher than they were 1-2 years ago.  Is the new convention center hitting GenCon for higher fees?  Will you guys be buying product whereas in the past WotC provided support?

>@billiv15

This is a typical reaction at the end of a game's run from a manufacturer.  There'll probably be a drop-off in attendance this year, but the drop-off will be because of the game's production end, not because of the way things have been run.

>@dnemiller

t's just tough to justify an outlay of funds ($120 for the SWM schedule I'd like to play) if we don't know what deadlines GenCon is imposing on you.  What cut-off is there?

In general, while we're talking about event costs: What drives the cost of the events, anyway?  They seem much higher than they were 1-2 years ago.  Is the new convention center hitting GenCon for higher fees?  Will you guys be buying product whereas in the past WotC provided support?

>@billiv15

This is a typical reaction at the end of a game's run from a manufacturer.  There'll probably be a drop-off in attendance this year, but the drop-off will be because of the game's production end, not because of the way things have been run.

Well for my part.

Gencon has no deadline but they are basing space allotment on how many people are buying tickets.  Since there is no support from Wizos then we are fighting for a space that we stay in the whole weekend versus moving room to room. 

The prices are a little higher than before but not significantly.  Yes Gencon cut has become more than before.  I also am spending money and lining up as much prize support as possible.

team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network
i would like to thank you dean for all the work and money you are putting fourth to help the game along.

I personally have already registered for at least most of my events( for swM) It was approximatly $100 but to me it is well worth it. And i havnt decided weather or not to do the LEague yet.

i do have one Question about the LEague though. WIll it be like years past with support?
What i mean is will every 3 matches you get to roll to gain an additional figure that you can play?

Also Will it from masters of the FOrce or will it be a mix of different sets(WHich would be awsome)?
Thank you in advance for the answers you can give.