Wizards of the Coast announcement

There have been several questions lately regarding the future of the Star Wars Miniatures and Roleplaying Game and until now I haven’t had definitive answers to give you.  After a lengthy evaluation, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to renew the Star Wars license with Lucasfilm. We’ve had a long and fantastic run, but with the economic downturn, we have made the tough decision to discontinue our Star Wars lines.

The license officially ends in May this year, with WotC product available through August. In the meantime, we have awesome new products still coming your way. This week, we released The Dark Times minis and Galaxy of Intrigue RPG. We’ll have more coming with Masters of the Force minis in April, which will have some of your most favorite characters along with rare creatures from the Dejarik Holochess game that have never appeared in our game. We’ll also release The Unknown Regions RPG in April, which includes entirely new planets and mini-adventures for each world.

We are finishing the line with a bang so look for special programs at your local game store to stock up on favorite sets before they go into the vault. We will continue to support our Star Wars forums on the Wizards Community site so you can reach out and chat with us and other fans.

While I know the news is disappointing, we wanted to make this announcement as soon as possible and thank you for being such great fans. It’s been a fantastic ride with the Star Wars community and working with Lucasfilm. We hope you enjoy the next several months of great products. You never know when we may circle back again!

Greg Yahn

Director of Marketing, Wizards of the Coast

SW fan / collector first and foremost.

I'm hoping that the extension thorugh August has something to do with C5 and GenCon both being in that month.  If the license is up in May, that gives the company a few months for something to "go out with a bang" as BigGuy put it at the big events in August.  Not sure what it will be, but I would be surprised if another company did pick up the game to announce anything before these events.

Also, I know quite a few people are angered now knowing the future, but I hope you can put some of that behind you a bit.  We have lots of great pieces and a solid game mechanic for various point levels and styles.  There are even solid game play styles created by fans (TileWars, DD, etc).  There are plenty of things to reflect on which we DO have in a positive light without focusing so hard on what we DON'T have.  Please, vent your frustration and then try to enjoy.  It's a great game and great COMmunity - I would hate to see things end on a sour note all around.

EDIT:  without quoting the whole thing, well put Boris in the thread above!
Star Wars fanatic - the only games I play are because they are movie tie-ins (first LOTR combat hex, then SWM). 

Me and my dad are really "mad" beacause it was fun doing the tournaments especially the sealed and now we wont be able to do that. they really screwed it up when it turned to a 40 piece set because then you could get the whole set in about two cases instead of 4 or 5 when it was 60 pieces. it also messed up at sealed tournaments because if you get 1 certain piece then you basically win for ex. grand master luke. maybe at least for the last set they can make it 60 pieces and include an awesome anakin since theres so many awesome lukes and anakin was supposed to be one of the most powerful jedis. they should of a new plaugius in this new set and maybe even bane since its masters of the force. but if its a 40 piece set theyre gonna miss out on alot of pieces that shouldve been in but wont. another reason for a 60 piece set see if you still get the same outcome that you did when you used to have 60 piece sets and if you do go ahead and take maybe a few months off but bring it back because im sure youd make almost double your money with 60 piece sets.

Well, to be frank, I am not too surprised to read this piece of news...

But even if they stop producing new minis, I think I'll keep playing...

The way Hasbro Malaysia handles things, it's almost like we don't receive the new sets, anyway :/
I have to agree with Ctsc1.  When the sets dropped from 60 to 40 pieces it was easier to complete a set and the chase pieces became less valuable creating a lower demand.  I went from spending an average of $400-$500 to collect a set to $200.  Now I'm a star wars fan more than a gamer;  I collect the pieces and use them for RPG about 2-3 a month.  I will always use my collection one way or another but it is unfortunate to only see one more set coming out. 

However, on a positive note, if Starwars.com pursues the line or licenses it to another company, we can only hope for a better quality product because lets be honest, the last few sets have seen a steady decrease in quality and from a collectors standpoint, I'm embarrased to even to display some of the pieces. 

In my opinion personally as well as from a business owner's perspective, Wizards made the simple mistake of just assuming the Star Wars license would be a cash cow just because it was Star Wars.  While their assumption is partially correct, I think they forgot the cardinal rule of wholesale and manufacturing and neglected to spend money on marketing dollars and quality control and I believe that has more than helped to lead them to the position they are in; and the sad thing is they probably wouldn't have had to spend a whole lot in these areas to see a significant return in investment.
Maybe WOTC just wanted to get out of the licensed game business. Speculating as to why is rather pointless, as LFL apparently is enthusiastic about these type of products. We can hope that what comes next is somewhat comparable to this great game.

Of course LFL is "enthusiastic, licensing basically equals free money.

What are you first a gamer or a Star Wars fan?

Fan first, gamer second.

Also, I mostly only ever collected as an RPG accessory, so the death of the minis-game barely phases me, and while the lose of the RPG hits a bit harder the books that have been released cover most everything I can imagine wanting (short of revising to a more D&D 4e like game).  For me, the biggest disappointment as far as no more minis goes is that there are still various minis I will never see (I'd still like more Dark Forces and some Infinities), but now that I no longer have the hope of potential future releases holding me back maybe I'll get off my lazy rear and mod them myself.
I'm a Stars Wars fan first and formost.  If SWM had not been Star Wars, I would have never started to collect or play it.
My trade thread http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94961/22314269/MandaloreTheFirsts_Armory._Buy,_Sell,_and_Trade. +66 Good Trades "Look Ma, I'm a Jedi Knight!" Trades in progress: none Good Trades: C3P01971 x6, Kenred2 x5, dojimaster x4, urbanjedi x4, Chiech x2, mandaloreresurrector x2, crapface x2, JamesWys x2, Jason1977 x2, ChuckaFett x2, barzillai x2, sw_rebel_storm_miniatures x2, RogueThirteen x2, Silocan x2, creme_brule, dinofs1, PhoenixDarksider, bradu, Lily_Wan, suki_jedi_apprentice, Vilrin, pastordamon, Darth_Onus, scourgeofthenewrepublic, Vaun_Kale, username, wampafang, vlad9969, lestiff416, james_douglas77, Lt_Murgen, starwiz, Kael_Dronna, DARTH_TED, MandoMerc, Boss Nass, moboley, Evil_Eater_of_Dream, darthtyree67, Bo_Master, Bohica, ------------------------------------------------------------ Bloomilk Trade refrences: +4 Good Trades Good Trades: SquelchDog, ChuckaFett, engineer, TimmerB123 Bad Trades: 0
Yeah, the time has come for me, to start modding as well. I have done a couple in the past, and I think I will have fun doing it. Sadly there is only so much talent in me, so certain things like Toydarians will never see my game board. I am already looking at DDM miniatures that closely match cetain star wars miniatures for modding purposes. Some of the DDM troglodytes will make great passing Barabels. Well I have between now and whenever we get the MOTF set list to do research and come up with a list of customs I am going to want. Too bad we never got At-St drivers or A-wing pilots or some other generics like Spacetroopers. As far as Uniques go, a Lowbacca is a must, and Merumeru is a great start, though his arms must go as a start.
Yeah, the time has come for me, to start modding as well. I have done a couple in the past, and I think I will have fun doing it. Sadly there is only so much talent in me, so certain things like Toydarians will never see my game board. I am already looking at DDM miniatures that closely match cetain star wars miniatures for modding purposes. Some of the DDM troglodytes will make great passing Barabels. Well I have between now and whenever we get the MOTF set list to do research and come up with a list of customs I am going to want. Too bad we never got At-St drivers or A-wing pilots or some other generics like Spacetroopers. As far as Uniques go, a Lowbacca is a must, and Merumeru is a great start, though his arms must go as a start.

Dark Trooper Phase II make great Spacetroopers, I've begun modding a handful, all they really need is a paint job, but I'm trying to give them wrist mounted blasters and shoulder-mounted grenade launchers.

But yeah, I definitely see myself doing more modding (been on a break recently), so that's good. Money permitting, I'd like to snag as many good retail deals as I can find when they start clearing out SWM.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Frith, Watership Down

9.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

SW fan first, collector second and gamer third is how I came into this game in 2005. I have made several friends and plan to continue gaming as a result. No other WOTC game interests me now and I see several of us from Team Texas moving toward investing and playing Warlord from Reaper Minis. Good luck everyone!

DB
A guy at the Lgs decided to sell his stuff after hearing the game was ending. I picked up roughly 500 ucommons/commons for $50. While I want a couple of the to further fill out my vast collection, I am going to use the vast majority for future customs.
Too bad we never got At-St drivers or A-wing pilots or some other generics like Spacetroopers.

Hmm... I'd think an A&E Death Star Trooper would make a good starting piece for an AT-ST driver (mostly just a repaint).  As for A-wing pilots, Dark Hellion Gangsters are already kind of close when only glancing, though the vest is wrong and they'd need some molded tubing.  Maybe a repainted rebel pilot with hellion head swap (add in a some minor sculpting for the details if you're feeling ambitious.
Well...

Just when I was hoping I could get all the party members from the Knights of the Old Republic games.

There have been several questions lately regarding the future of the Star Wars Miniatures and Roleplaying Game and until now I haven’t had definitive answers to give you.  After a lengthy evaluation, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to renew the Star Wars license with Lucasfilm. We’ve had a long and fantastic run, but with the economic downturn, we have made the tough decision to discontinue our Star Wars lines.

The license officially ends in May this year, with WotC product available through August. In the meantime, we have awesome new products still coming your way. This week, we released The Dark Times minis and Galaxy of Intrigue RPG. We’ll have more coming with Masters of the Force minis in April, which will have some of your most favorite characters along with rare creatures from the Dejarik Holochess game that have never appeared in our game. We’ll also release The Unknown Regions RPG in April, which includes entirely new planets and mini-adventures for each world.

We are finishing the line with a bang so look for special programs at your local game store to stock up on favorite sets before they go into the vault. We will continue to support our Star Wars forums on the Wizards Community site so you can reach out and chat with us and other fans.

While I know the news is disappointing, we wanted to make this announcement as soon as possible and thank you for being such great fans. It’s been a fantastic ride with the Star Wars community and working with Lucasfilm. We hope you enjoy the next several months of great products. You never know when we may circle back again!

Greg Yahn

Director of Marketing, Wizards of the Coast

so sad... i just have one request before you go. could you make an ultimate equipment guide to save time and resources, simlar to the ulimate alien anthology (btw great help and really opened up our options in play) . that would be great to have and convenient too.
-CE-
Well...

Just when I was hoping I could get all the party members from the Knights of the Old Republic games.

Masters of the Force might help you there.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Very disapointing for me. I just got the Saga players handbook and have been trying to find a game to join, now this?
I've been playing since March of last year. I've started a kinda renaissance where I live. Now this. I'll still play. Probably still buy. PO'd that I won't get any more Unique Yuuzhan Vong though.

As for what I am: Star Wars fan First and formost, M:tG player second. SWM Third. I
We still don't know all 40 pieces that are to appear in Masters of the Force. While doubtful, there may be some more Vong unique and non in the last set.
I'm a Stars Wars fan first and formost.  If SWM had not been Star Wars, I would have never started to collect or play it.

I'm too - and for me all games like SW CCG, SW TCG, SW Pocketmodels and SW Miniatures never ends, because I continue create new staff by myself (mostly cards and stat cards). ;)
OK, I really hesitate to say this, but to me, this announcement is more of a relief than anything. For months now there has been specualtion about what would happen. This announcement just makes it official. I'm not mad at wotc, they run a business, and it was their business decision. No, there are far worse sins for us to be mad at them about, right Boris? (agreeing with you here about wotc's, how shall I say, customer relations...

Where does the game go from here? Honestly, I don't care. The meta gamers are running around like crazy making sure the meta game doesn't become stale by re-costing old figs, etc. Knock yourselves out. Meta games aren't fun, so I could care less about that. I doubt another company will take over production, but if they do, more power to them. Our gaming group has already moved on to other games, in fact,we have been since August. This game may cease production, but we'll still occasionally play it for fun, because it is still fun. But it's not the end of the world, people. Relax, and be happy that in this economy you will now have more money to help cover the coming inflation.
Here is a link to the Orphans list I maintain: http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm Life-sized Tile Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXn5ZwopPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64M5_J1JHs Geoncon08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srArBLLHYBQ
Well...

Masters of the Force might help you there.

We can but hope. I remember reading on here someone thought it possibly would turn into a Jedi Academy 2 - if this is the case, I'd hope at least 10% of the set were OR. I just hope it doesn't turn out to have re-dos of Luke, Leia, etc again...

As a SW fan (first, for those who asked earlier) and a gamer, I am sorry to see the game go. I'm not angry about the decision, but there are so many more characters who could be made, I am sorry that we won't get to see them in mini form.

On a side note, I guess the fact that they have probably known for a while that they are discontinuing the game explains why the quality of the stat cards have declined in the past few sets.
Good M:TG trades with m00se, jakeh
Thanks for ending it! Those recent collections had such a bad quality (comparing with the first ones), only focusing on metagame (which I hate and it's no fun at all) so it's a favour for true Star Wars fans that Wizards is discontinuing its production.

Recently, we had a strategy game torn apart from the REAL Star Wars Universe. Somes stats were ridiculous and  unbalanced. So again, THANK YOU A LOT for putting an end on it!

It's better to be ended than to be bad continued.

Yeah, I think this game has great fan support.  So maybe a few stat redos? :P

I would like to see the last set come out, get a complete evaluation of all pieces from the start, and then get a list of all the proposed changes/corrections to the figs and rules of the entire game and then see the community create a master book of all the rules with errata and corrections, all the powers, abilities and CEs with corrections, and then maybe key revampings of certain pieces to bring them to the same level as the rest of the pieces. Just an idea.

I'd have to agree with hothie and some of the others that although dissappointing to see the game discontinued, it is also a relief.  I can take a big sigh from the micro-bubble this game has created and move on as a star wars fan and casual gamer.

Given all the variables, this is probably the best decision for Wizards AND the players/collectors.  What would have been worse is a prolonged death where no clear message signalling the end of the game was ever offered.  This way, players and collectors can react as they want.

DCI support for this game was relatively scattered and incohesive at the best of times and we have all seen how the board migrations have disrupted the relatively fragile fabric of the extended community.

Either way, I'll finish up the last two sets and be happy that I have a game which I can hang onto for as long as I have friends who are willing to play.

Ironlightsaber,  if you need help with anything let me know.  I think it's a great idea to create an aggregated compendium of everything and host it somewhere (swgamers probably the best) so those that will keep playing the game beyond it's discontinuation will have a resource and I'd be glad to help in that if it's needed.

Cheers to a fun few years and looking forward to a lighter strain on my wallet Money mouth!
I'm not mad at WotC because of the simple reason that it is better to have had this much of a minis game and the best Star Wars RPG system ever, than to never of had them at all. It will be nice to collect the last two sets and get the last books and be able to say as a Star Wars fan and collector that I was finally able to collect the entirety of both games. It will be a relief to my checking account as well.

A guy at the Lgs decided to sell his stuff after hearing the game was ending. I picked up roughly 500 ucommons/commons for $50. While I want a couple of the to further fill out my vast collection, I am going to use the vast majority for future customs.

Another example of why I am looking forward to the future of this game. It will be easy to get whatever commons and uncommons you want now for customs or the rpg or the minis game. As a collector maybe the chase pieces will continue to go up in price after all their are SW fans out there who will want minis of their favorite figs in the future.

CLICK ON THE ICONS TO GET MORE INFORMATION

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The future is very bright from where I'm sitting. There are some great times ahead!

Well said Dennis.  

This had to happen sometime and I'm glad we know early.  Its not likethe miniatures suddenly become useless and less fun when they stop making sets. 

The future is very bright from where I'm sitting. There are some great times ahead!

Well said Dennis.  

This had to happen sometime and I'm glad we know early.  Its not likethe miniatures suddenly become useless and less fun when they stop making sets. 

What?  ANd I thought it was just the opposite!!  Dagnabit!  Well that's a relief.  ANd i thought after april this was just gonna be more trash...

just kidding.  It's a prize to have played this game to this point, and beyond will be even nicer. 
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
Just for info a Star Wars fan then gamer. I still believe the great E-bay sale may not be as great as some would think as I maintain it was the Star Wars fans who were the major consumers of the product.

Our gaming group has already moved on to other games, in fact,we have been since August. This game may cease production, but we'll still occasionally play it for fun.

To be honest I lost it when A&E came out and got into some other game i.e. Last Night On Earth, Okko, Combat Commander, TOI, Tannhauser & Space Hulk. They are all good in their own way but I do have a soft spot for LNOE & Space Hulk. What has your group been playing Hothie.

I do hope another company picks up the SW license. I also hope they produce higher quality miniatures. The guys who make the minis for Tannhauser would be a good choice for pre paints but sculpt wise GW would do an awesome job. In a way I would love it if a company went with SW but produce a game that wasn't collectible but maybe along the lines of the games above where they were expanded (apart from SH as GW said it was one off). A big box Death Star would be awesome. If they could capture the fun of LNOE, the character building of Tannhauser and the tension of Space Hulk it would be a winner.

Anyway I don't blame WOTC as it's business and a company has to be commercial minded. As mentioned previously there are plenty of games to fill the void & just head over to Board Game Geek if you want find out about other games out there. I came across it a couple of years back and it's a great resource if you weren't aware of it.

Good luck to those taking SW minis forward. I will check Gamers occasionally and in truth I cannot see any other site being jacked up better than Gamers to take the game forward. It will be interesting to see some of the new stat cards down the line. In some ways it would make sense to merge Gamers and Bloomilk to make an all singing all dancing site but that's one for their owners. I think pooling resources going forward can only strengthen the chances of making something meaningful happen.

Lastly! Hopefully the last SWM manager will get the final update. ChuckM himself may do it as it least he knows there is only another set to go Thanks for starting that resource by the way ChuckM. Anyway onwards & upwards.
Well, it is a dark day indeed. I felt this was coming but couldn't bring myself to admit it. I'm really dissapointed in WotC.

I was really hoping to see some minis that will never be made to include the AAT.

All i can hope (hope?) for now that another compant will pick up the line, but sadly, i feel this to will not happen.

So, in conclusion. After MotF i will part way with Wizards, unless they decide to open up the SWM factory again, but lets face it. I'll probably forget about them after a great length of time.

Farewell fellow SWM players, collectors, and everything else.

May the Force be with you!
What has your group been playing Hothie?

We've been playing Dominion. Got a great deal on it at GenCon, and almost everyone we've taught it to absolutely loves it. Won many awards, including Game of the Year last year, etc. I'd highly recommend it. We've also been playing some other silly card games (Great Dalmoody, etc), but Dominion is by far the one we play most.
Here is a link to the Orphans list I maintain: http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm Life-sized Tile Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXn5ZwopPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64M5_J1JHs Geoncon08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srArBLLHYBQ
Well, it is a dark day indeed. I felt this was coming but couldn't bring myself to admit it. I'm really dissapointed in WotC.

I was really hoping to see some minis that will never be made to include the AAT.

All i can hope (hope?) for now that another compant will pick up the line, but sadly, i feel this to will not happen.

So, in conclusion. After MotF i will part way with Wizards, unless they decide to open up the SWM factory again, but lets face it. I'll probably forget about them after a great length of time.

Farewell fellow SWM players, collectors, and everything else.

May the Force be with you!

i am the same way with parting ways. This is the 4th game that i played that wizzards has stopped supporting. D&d 3.5, star wars revised core edition, star wars saga editon, and now star wars minis. i think wizzards has comepletely lost my as a customer after masters.

We've been playing Dominion. Got a great deal on it at GenCon, and almost everyone we've taught it to absolutely loves it. Won many awards, including Game of the Year last year, etc. I'd highly recommend it. We've also been playing some other silly card games (Great Dalmoody, etc), but Dominion is by far the one we play most.

Aaaah I was looking at Dominion but it had no minis which we do like. I can see it's number 6 on BGG. If you play as a group you could do a lot worse than Last Night On Earth. Heroes running around fending off Zombies is just such a winner. Space Hulk 3rd Edition was actually in BGG's top 10 until GW got a bit unhappy with some IP infringements in the support section which in turn caused BGG to remove almost everything (bits slowly returning). The game then dropped to 210 (now rising) as some Geek members changed their previous ratings of 9 or 10 to a 1 as a protest at GW interference. Anyway it's a great game but it only plays 2. Just like here the mob can be fickle.
Thank you to all who answered my question,I asked it partly out of my own curiousity and to reinforce a point i made in another thread. that as Star Wars fans we (generic we) fall into three groupings:

1.Those who will buy anything thats Star Wars
2.Those who will consider buying something because its Star Wars
3.Those who will show it to another fan who will buy it

Its already been mentioned that some posters will if and when a Star Wars themed miniture game is made again that they will get the starter for it. I think that a high percentage will at least look into it and decided from there if and when it ever happens again. And its also been mentioned that this is the last Star Wars prodcut that some will buy.

And also remember that the target age for Star Wars is ever changing,currently we are already hooked,those of us who grew up pre episode 1 and currently IMO the new target is those who have only ever known Star Wars thanks to the Clone Wars cartoon.

And yes i do also blame WotC on how they handled the game,they could have and should have done much more than the bare minium.

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Wow! Official announcement!
Ive been along for the SWM ride right from the very beginning! Laughing
Its sad that it had to end without a gunship being made (very disappointing).
oh well.

I will continue to make custom minis. And it is re-assuring to know that the Greats (you guys know who you are Laughing) will still be around making stuff.

I am probably not going to pick up any minis from The Dark Times or Masters of The Force. They are simply not appealing. And i wonder what will happen to the competitive scene now that the game has ended?...

I hope WotC is generous and gives either Hothie or Ironlightsaber enough boosters to ensure contests will be run well into the future!
Laughing

I look forward to adding what i can to peoples RPG experiences and games with whatever customs i make in the future.

Kobayashimaru

I weep for the Star Wars Role Playing Game. If only $$ wasn't an issue. And after I bought all those karking books.

I was looking into the AAT I think the closest you can get is the Ertl model which is about 1:32 i.e about 50% to big, but I am personally going to get one just to have a look how they look on the battlefield. They are also pretty cheap on ebay around $12 (or 8 GBP). 

I havent found anything though for a gunship which I thought would at least add atmospherically to the battlefield.
@simongoodwin
there is a revell snap together kit that is a fraction smaller than a to-scale gunship would be, but it wont be released for a while (may, i think...)

This would be a great addition to my collection! Only trouble is, Slave 1 (see my gallery at devart) is so huge! The gunship looks out of scale next to my slave 1. Laughing

Lets hope Revell continues to make star wars stuff, that way i can keep making vehicles Laughing
Kobayashimaru
I have the revell falcon kit, and will be making a hangar bay from star wars anh for it

Aaaah I was looking at Dominion but it had no minis which we do like. I can see it's number 6 on BGG. If you play as a group you could do a lot worse than Last Night On Earth. Heroes running around fending off Zombies is just such a winner. Space Hulk 3rd Edition was actually in BGG's top 10 ...

All three of those games sell really well at my store, and I am often found around the table on our Board Game Night (Tuesday) playing Dominion for far too long..
Man, I take a break from the board for a few days and all of a sudden the game is ending?

While it will be a huge relief for my wallet, I'm still a bit saddened by the news. So Masters of the Force is going to be the last set? When is that due to be released and is it the only one we'll get before they stop entirely?

I'll continue to keep playing, as I've mentioned before. I still have a ton of figures that I haven't even tried yet that are just waiting to see the tabletop.

So it's a sad day indeed, but hardly the end of the world.