Wizards of the Coast announcement

There have been several questions lately regarding the future of the Star Wars Miniatures and Roleplaying Game and until now I haven’t had definitive answers to give you.  After a lengthy evaluation, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to renew the Star Wars license with Lucasfilm. We’ve had a long and fantastic run, but with the economic downturn, we have made the tough decision to discontinue our Star Wars lines.

The license officially ends in May this year, with WotC product available through August. In the meantime, we have awesome new products still coming your way. This week, we released The Dark Times minis and Galaxy of Intrigue RPG. We’ll have more coming with Masters of the Force minis in April, which will have some of your most favorite characters along with rare creatures from the Dejarik Holochess game that have never appeared in our game. We’ll also release The Unknown Regions RPG in April, which includes entirely new planets and mini-adventures for each world.

We are finishing the line with a bang so look for special programs at your local game store to stock up on favorite sets before they go into the vault. We will continue to support our Star Wars forums on the Wizards Community site so you can reach out and chat with us and other fans.

While I know the news is disappointing, we wanted to make this announcement as soon as possible and thank you for being such great fans. It’s been a fantastic ride with the Star Wars community and working with Lucasfilm. We hope you enjoy the next several months of great products. You never know when we may circle back again!

Greg Yahn

Director of Marketing, Wizards of the Coast

Oh well, at least i'm still getting one more Windu out of the deal.
My old signatures are gone!!

When has WotC ever done anything that made good business sense?

Perhaps WotC knows that this "renaissance" in general SW terms has not improved sales of SWM? Perhaps they know that tie-ins, while worthwhile in some sense have not led to a level of sales that supports an expensive license like the SW license? The reason SWM will end soon seems pretty obvious to me.

But it seems the theories that require some sort of malice or negligence are more interesting to most than the simple admission that there aren't enough of us left that love the game to support its continuation and this likely would have been true around now regardless of what WotC had done. The sales just aren't what they need to be nor are they moving in the right direction.

I am really hoping by April/May time sw.com has made an announcement that there will be a continuance of the miniatures line.

Keep checking StarWars.com for announcements regarding future products in this area in the coming months.

You may get what you wish for.

If you want an interesting read the link goes to Hasbro’s 3rd quarter 10-Q:

www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/46080/00...

A few tidbits:

Management philosophy under the heading “HASBRO, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES

Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (continued) (Thousands of Dollars and Shares Except Per Share Data)”

The Company seeks to make its brands relevant in all areas important to its consumers. Brand awareness is amplified through immersive traditional play, digital applications, publishing and lifestyle licensing and entertainment experiences presented for consumers’ enjoyment. The Company’s focus remains on growing core owned and controlled brands, developing new and innovative products which respond to market insights and optimizing efficiencies within the Company to reduce costs, increase operating profits and strengthen its balance sheet. The Company’s core brands represent Company-owned or Company-controlled brands, such as TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP, MONOPOLY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, PLAYSKOOL, G.I. JOE, NERF and TONKA, which have been successful over the long term. The Company has a large portfolio of owned and controlled brands, which can be introduced in new formats and platforms over time. These brands may also be further extended by pairing a licensed concept with a core brand. By focusing on core brands, the Company is working to build a more consistent revenue stream and basis for future growth. During the first nine months of 2009 the Company had significant sales of core brand products, namely TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, G.I. JOE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING. The Company’s strategy of reimagining, reinventing and reigniting its brands has proved instrumental to achieving its overall long-term growth objectives.

(Bold added)

Later in the next section:

While gross profits of theatrical entertainment-based products are generally higher than many of the Company’s other products, sales from these products, including Company owned or controlled brands based on a movie release, also incur royalty expense. Such royalties reduce the impact of these higher gross margins. In certain instances, such as with Lucasfilm’s STAR WARS, the Company may also incur amortization expense on property right-based assets acquired from the licensor of such properties, further impacting operating profits earned on these products.

In the section “HASBRO, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (continued) (Thousands of Dollars and Shares Except Per Share Data)”

In May 2009, the Company amended its license agreement with Lucas Licensing, Ltd. (“Lucas”) related to the STAR WARS brand.  The amendment included the extension of the term of the license for an additional two years, from the end of 2018 to the end of 2020. The fair value of the extension of the license rights, totaling $45,000, was paid to Lucas and recorded as an intangible asset during the second quarter of 2009, and will be amortized over the term of the extension. The amendment also provided for a $30,000 payment related to the settlement of certain royalty audit issues, primarily related to contractual interpretations associated with the computation of royalties dating back to 1999, and the clarification of certain terms and interpretations of the agreement on a prospective basis through the end of the term, including the scope of licensed rights to future developed properties by Lucas. This amount was paid during the second quarter of 2009.

I would encourage anyone interested in reading the original document in context.

One thought I have is how does the WotC license run out in May if Hasbro, its parent company, holds the license until 2020?  It may mean WotC has a separate agreement with LFL or it pays internally to Hasbro for the license as part of some internal accounting policy.

In any case, SWM and Saga, has caused me to spend enough to fund a good portion of the LFL contract extension on my own.  I especially liked collecting the miniatures and they are great for running Saga.

I will predict that if The Clone Wars and live action television franchises maintain their plan popularity it is likely we will see a reboot of one or both of the WotC lines.

YMMV

You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo, blah, blah, something about Space. --Toph Bei Fong Think "can do" not "can't do". Not all character concepts are equally cool. Not all house rules are equally cool. If you are spending time making a house rule, ask yourself why you aren't putting the time into making cool encounters instead?
What the?!...................

(sighs heavily)

Well, at least we have a heads up on this issue with I suppose the possibility that another company might pick the game up.  Regardless, this is indeed very depressing news.  I've played since clone strike and enjoyed the game greatly.  Good game with good memories; except of course this memory right now, this one is not so good..........
Gosh.....what a crushing blow! I really didn't see that coming Cry. Well, I guess I'll now get to go back and try to get the minis I'm missing from previous sets. But will they be outrageously priced now that the whole line will be discontinued? Or will they become cheaper because collecting/playing will die down? Does anybody have a prediction? If no new ones are being made, and prices skyrocket.......then....my collection may not get any bigger....ever....
Not at all sarcastic. I saw photo mock ups (which have been taken down now) just this week. Word is we'll see something at Toy Fair. I think the series you're thinking of is the Attactix line that had some early success but ran out of steam quickly. The images I saw were the standard 3.75" figures with special stands. It looks like they're trying to merge three markets: kids, adult collectors, and gamers.

Actually I was talking about these (link), though Attacktix is another good example.

Anyway,while I'm open to the concept that Hasbro might start packing game stat cards with their 3.75" line I'm inclined to say "prove it or it doesn't exist".  I saw photo mock ups which have been taken down now, is hardly the most corroborating evidence.

Like I said the photo was taken down, but here's a link to the forum post which is the best I can do until more pics resurface. Embarassed

I also have confirmation that these were seen at the UK Toy Fair this week. So it's not just me! Wink Here's the jist of the report:
- The card game/figure stand concept was on display, but no new figures were shown, except for what looks like an updated new General Veers...thought to be included with the BAT-AT.

Not much, but it's something. If I come across anything new I'll post it in this forum.

Perhaps WotC knows that this "renaissance" in general SW terms has not improved sales of SWM? Perhaps they know that tie-ins, while worthwhile in some sense have not led to a level of sales that supports an expensive license like the SW license? The reason SWM will end soon seems pretty obvious to me.

I think that might only be part of it. If it was just the price of the license, hasbro would be looking for the door too. 
  Put simply, a gaming company takes its imagination, puts it in print, and sells it. But it is different for licensed products. The licensed products need to match the source material and other licensed products. This requires research on your companies part and oversight by LFL. You also have LFL making demands regarding content and marketing tie ins. 

So licensed products are harder to make, and cost you money on the license.

As for the future of SWM, if another company picks up the license, SWM is is dead except for fan content. The new company would not make any money by letting us use WotC mini's. Worse they would need to pay WotC for using their game design. 

The only way I see SWM/RPG coming back is if thecomunity stays active and the license stays open for a few years while the economy recovers.

Gosh.....what a crushing blow! I really didn't see that coming . Well, I guess I'll now get to go back and try to get the minis I'm missing from previous sets. But will they be outrageously priced now that the whole line will be discontinued? Or will they become cheaper because collecting/playing will die down? Does anybody have a prediction? If no new ones are being made, and prices skyrocket.......then....my collection may not get any bigger....ever....

I'd say it'll drop a bit, then rise back to close to current prices. My reasoning is that it will be because of a good chunk of the "the sky is falling!" players will choose to abandon the game and dump their collections, making it a buyer's market until their stocks are depleted.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
Who's going to pick it up now? 

Unfortunatly there's little chance of anyone picking it up.  Current economic climate aside, a miniatures game is awfuly close to toys, so Hasbro might be able to put a stop to anyone putting out a new product line.  Best hope at this point is that hasbro might see some value in collectible mini-figs and put out their own product line, but the minis-game is likely dead.

How right you are! Hasbro is coming out with stat cards for their 3.75" figures--it's their way of turning the action figures into a game. I'm surprised the RPG is being cancelled too though.

LOL well this really sucks given that I just got into this in December, having bought all but 2 Minis sets and all the RPG books. I am a collector but was really hoping to play Minis and RPG before the game was cancelled.

Do you know if there are 3.75 figures for every Minis figure out there? I really like all the EU characters.
Do you know if there are 3.75 figures for every Minis figure out there? I really like all the EU characters.

I don't, I'm sorry. This information is coming from reports at trade shows where retailers get peeks of products months in advance. This one happens to be in the UK this week. The products have not reached shelves--in fact it sounds like something for the fall. Keep in mind Hasbro could delay these or pull the plug entirely. At this point it's only safe to treat as a rumor.

BTW, there's no reason you couldn't keep playing--you've got all the game material you need and WotC said these forums will stay up to support players. I know of a few people who still play the West End Games version of the Star Wars RPG from the 80s--so you should be fine! Laughing

If I find out more, I'll post in this forum.

Honestly, this sounds like a pack-in gimmick along the lines of Transformers tech-specs. A little card gives some bio, source, and an abstract assessment of a particular set of skills, but I wouldn't expect any of that information to translate into an actual game. Maybe ties into some sort of online content in the way that Avatar pack-in material did. Maybe that online content includes a game, but probably not the same sort of game SWM is.

Most likely this is what's replacing the Build-A-Droid part that's currently packed with new figures. 

BTW, there are 3.75" figures that have been made which haven't appeared in the game, and there are characters that have appeared in the game which have no corresponding 3.75" figure. 

LFL has individual licenses for every sort of Star Wars item imaginable. Hasbro has a license, or multiple licenses bundled together, but those licenses are going to be strict about what Hasbro can and can't make. Those licenses are also apparently separate from whatever licenses Wizards had. It's unfortunate that they didn't in some way coordinate to try and bundle those licenses together or do any other sort of cooperation across product lines. For instance, could you imagine if, as a pack-in with the 3.75" action figures, you got a SWM version of the same figure with a stat card? I'm sure that would have driven some sales on both sides. 

i don't think anybody i play with know this yet, i'll have to break the news. but oh well, it's been a good run and i really enjoyed it but i geuss that nothing lasts forever.
personally, i think some of US who actaully READ the comics and/or actaully DO our research ont he SW figs could (or more like should) oversee SWM move forward. obviously theres other stuff to it, but i think thats the main base of creating minis. The game is officially closing down sure, but the game isnt dying. THATS the main reason WHY WotC SYHOULDNT cut off SWM. it would still get supported, and maybe increase.

overall though, keeping my fingers crossed for another company to take up SWM

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

My trade thread: MY TRADE THREAD - PLZ PLZ PLZ TAKE A LOOK! (ILL ADD THE LINK SOON AS SOON AS I CAN FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT! ) My top 5 minis: 1. Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter 2. Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander 3. Darth Bane + Darth Caedus *rule of two!* 4. Darth Sidious Hologram 5. 3 out of the 4 Force Spirits -- Yoda, Obi, and Ani! (missing Luke! will trade to get him) Me Sith Lords: Darth Bane, Darth Caedus, Darth Malak DLotS, Darth Talon, Darth Krayt, Darth Sidious Hologram BOBA BH BIG D's: (CS) Mace Windu Hello all! This is creme_brule... Some riddles: Spoiler 1) If 0 + 0 = 0, 2 + 2 = a fish, and 3 + 3 = 8, what does 1 + 1 = ? Answer a window. think about that one 2) 3 birds were sitting on a table. 1 got shot. How many are left? Answer 1 (the shot one). The others flew away. Anyways lmk if u liked my siggy! GTs WITH: Spoiler good trades with: BossNass++, Kenred2, TK-1138 x2+, MandaloreTheFirst+, urbanjedi, CaptainZuli, Kael_Dronna (2)+, Rogueleader17, CJK, Sith_Slayer+, Lily_Wan, buttcabbge*, Admiral_Bossk+, Talisker55+, leshippy+, lestiff416+, darthkraft, Gorworr+, dojimaster+, StartideCruiser, C3PO1971, Ephant_Mon, darthhannah+, scourgeofthenewrepublic+, Virlin+, Darth_Mauler+, gold34+, thesahdowreaper, RoqueSaber+, bagman22 x2+, Reysan_Aura, Darth_Percocet+++, jedicartographer, dreadtech+, darthsmith+, Docgeo, rattousai x2+, Trackrtar+, Jaing_Skirata+, Fett-87*, elcollector* * = never left ref! ( ) nothing = good trade + = GREAT trade pending: TheAwesomeSlapstick, lukey84, PatonPawic, headache62, Phlash007, JediPartisan, Waylander311, xxCarna6exx if u aren't on my list plz lmk and ill be happy to add u! Hey guys! if you have anything i might remotely want, just se
Maybe ties into some sort of online content in the way that Avatar pack-in material did. Maybe that online content includes a game, but probably not the same sort of game SWM is.

I'd like to know, re online content, will WotC still retain the Star Wars online-exclusive portions of their website, like at least the Archives, Downloads, and Database sections? If not, it would be nice if, before the license actually expires, they'd publish a print edition of these materials. Anyone know about anything like this?
Interesting side note to all this gloom and doom ... seems everybody and his mother has emerged from the shadows/silent majority and spoken up ..... not sure what it could do to help but at least its heartening to know people who don't otherwise Are willing to speak up.
You're correct surf_rider56.  So allow me to make my one and only post in over 5 years of being on these boards.  Adieu y'all.

But it seems the theories that require some sort of malice or negligence are more interesting to most than the simple admission that there aren't enough of us left that love the game to support its continuation and this likely would have been true around now regardless of what WotC had done. The sales just aren't what they need to be nor are they moving in the right direction.

Hardly a theory, c'mon Tanner, you know better than that. That is what I would refer to as "selective memory." We told them UP FRONT that 40-piece sets would hurt overall sales, but they did it anyway. And when the game first came out, the marketeers told the distributors not to bother trying to sell too much to game stores, it was more just a collector's product. (More than one game store owner told me that without me directly bringing it up.)

The product was mishandled pretty much from day 1 and almost every attempt to help grow the game, which in turn improved sales and put money in WotC's pocket, was met with resistance, malice, and just this side of contempt.

An accountant told me a long time ago, "The numbers don't lie, but I can make them say whatever I want them to." And the numbers in this case were made to present the product line as a failure almost a year ago. We can argue the theories behind it til we are blue in the face, but let's not sugarcoat this or pretend it's something it's not. At a time when WotC claims it is cutting back, they have hired two, possibly three, new Magic people and are bring in more D&D playtesters.

I stand by my assessment. WotC is such a failure that it can't even be bothered to get support from Hasbro -you know, its parent company that has a license with the same LFL through 2020 - in order to keep the LFL license going for the gaming product.

What's done is done, though. This is all I will say on this subject. I'm heading out now to figure out what non-WotC created game hobby I will be spending the 600-1000 dollars that would have been coming WotC's way this year.

Hardly a theory, c'mon Tanner, you know better than that. That is what I would refer to as "selective memory." We told them UP FRONT that 40-piece sets would hurt overall sales, but they did it anyway. And when the game first came out, the marketeers told the distributors not to bother trying to sell too much to game stores, it was more just a collector's product. (More than one game store owner told me that without me directly bringing it up.)

The product was mishandled pretty much from day 1 and almost every attempt to help grow the game, which in turn improved sales and put money in WotC's pocket, was met with resistance, malice, and just this side of contempt.

An accountant told me a long time ago, "The numbers don't lie, but I can make them say whatever I want them to." And the numbers in this case were made to present the product line as a failure almost a year ago. We can argue the theories behind it til we are blue in the face, but let's not sugarcoat this or pretend it's something it's not. At a time when WotC claims it is cutting back, they have hired two, possibly three, new Magic people and are bring in more D&D playtesters.

I stand by my assessment. WotC is such a failure that it can't even be bothered to get support from Hasbro -you know, its parent company that has a license with the same LFL through 2020 - in order to keep the LFL license going for the gaming product.

What's done is done, though. This is all I will say on this subject. I'm heading out now to figure out what non-WotC created game hobby I will be spending the 600-1000 dollars that would have been coming WotC's way this year.

Who are the "we" that told them up front 40 figure sets wouldn't sell, and what credentials do "they" have that WotC should listen to them?   And is there a report somewhere that shows the numbers were made to show the product as a failure?  No offense, but there are a lot of claims here, andI don't know what to believe.  

Monsterpocalypse. Privateer Press knows how to treat their customers...

What Boris is saying is fairly logical. Sometime, somewhere, someone obviously made the arguement that SWM was not profitable enough (this may very well be the key, since everything I have heard is that it sells well) to continue. We will not really know the true details. Was the game truly tanking in their eyes? Maybe WOTC just wanted to get out of the licensed game business. Speculating as to why is rather pointless, as LFL apparently is enthusiastic about these type of products. We can hope that what comes next is somewhat comparable to this great game.
Cry ... Cry ... Cry ... Cry ... Cry ...
I am Red/White

Needs a silver lineing.

I'd like to see a tie in with Heroscape like they are doing with d&d battle for the underdark.

Maps have been the biggest weakness. 2D has been a cop out. I mean why bother with a 3D figure? Any counter would do the same thing.

Expantion in to a new dimension.

Not an end... but a new begining.

Keep checking StarWars.com for announcements regarding future products in this area in the coming months.

You may get what you wish for.

This is taken from this article, which gives hope to us all...

www.starwars.com/games/othergames/news20...

I don't, I'm sorry. This information is coming from reports at trade shows where retailers get peeks of products months in advance. This one happens to be in the UK this week. The products have not reached shelves--in fact it sounds like something for the fall. Keep in mind Hasbro could delay these or pull the plug entirely. At this point it's only safe to treat as a rumor.

BTW, there's no reason you couldn't keep playing--you've got all the game material you need and WotC said these forums will stay up to support players. I know of a few people who still play the West End Games version of the Star Wars RPG from the 80s--so you should be fine!

If I find out more, I'll post in this forum.

Yeah, just a bit of a damper on my excitement level. Here I thought I was getting caught up and ready to go with the community moving forward. But yeah, I also bought the WEG and WOTC SW 1 books too. I'll just add Saga to RPGs that have ceased production on my book shelf.
now heres a question :

What are you first a gamer or a Star Wars fan?

Personally I am a gamer and then Star Wars fan,I'll keep playing the other games that WotC makes because that i am a gamer frist and formost.

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Star Wars fan...
Star Wars fan.

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

I'm a Star Wars fan who happens to be a gamer.
Gamer.

I used to spend $2000+/year on WotC products, but the only thing WotC has left that I have vague interest in is D&D miniatures - and that line is in trouble. The last 4 sets failed to sell (and can be purchased at a 50-66% discount now). 2010 will see only one set released (retooled with Very Rares and back to completely blind boosters) with no plans for 2011. If the 2010 set fails, the line may end and WotC will be getting $0/year from me.

I'm really sad to see the game go as well. 

But -and I know some people are going to disagree with me- I think the game (it's META) is at least ending at a relatively balanced stage. Most of the factions have gotten new characters and commander effects that have given most of the factions a competitive edge, and have made older characters playable again (any character is better with evade or twin for example). My only real disapointment will be if the OR doesn't get one last boost.

I intend to keep playing for a long time to come. Frankly, I have dozens of characters and combos that I've not even had a chance to play 'cause WOTC has put out so much SWM stuff this past year. 

ZJ

So, am I correct in understanding that all minis will be off the shelves come May? I guess I'm not sure what "going into the vault" means.

I have to say I'm bummed, maybe not on the level of a SWM player with thousands invested, but bummed as an RP'er with no new sourcebooks to look forward to, or minis to have on the table.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to Seattle the last few days... I fear I brought bad mojo to the region.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Frith, Watership Down

9.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

Oh I don't think everything will be pulled off the SHELVES; you can still get WEG Star Wars in some stores! But it won't be supported. And I do think the Boards will eventually cease to exist, too. No license, no WotC Star Wars forums. If I recall bigGuy's comment's a'right, I think August looks to be the drop-dead month.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
Oh I don't think everything will be pulled off the SHELVES; you can still get WEG Star Wars in some stores! But it won't be supported. And I do think the Boards will eventually cease to exist, too. No license, no WotC Star Wars forums. If I recall bigGuy's comment's a'right, I think August looks to be the drop-dead month.

I'm gonna disargee with you about the boards going away,because of my exprince in keep the d20 modern forums still around,all it takes is a vocal group to fight for thire right to exist,which we all know the SW community here is very vocal,so for keeping the SW boards here past the point that WotC wants them,it will depend on the community itself.

But i'm not sure if the agreement with Lucas means that boards have to go or not....

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls

I’ve removed content from this thread because baiting and off topic disruption is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here: wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, and on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.

Method Actor 100% Storyteller 100% Butt Kicker 50% Tactician 50% Power Gamer 25% Specialist 25% Casual Gamer 25% The Code of Conduct is: http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1916 To contact Customer Service: http://wizards.custhelp.com
now heres a question :

Personally I am a gamer and then Star Wars fan,I'll keep playing the other games that WotC makes because that i am a gamer frist and formost.

*shrug*  I'm more a gamer, but Star Wars fan is up there too.  Even so, after SWMs is done, I don't think I'll be bothering with WotC in the future.  After the whole D&Dminis 1.0-to-2.0 debacle, and now Star Wars minis getting canned, and with Heroscape probably next,  they'll have nothing left to offer me.

I certainly won't be wasting any time or money on Magic:tG.  Yuch.
I used to spend $2000+/year on WotC products, but the only thing WotC has left that I have vague interest in is D&D miniatures - and that line is in trouble. The last 4 sets failed to sell (and can be purchased at a 50-66% discount now). 2010 will see only one set released (retooled with Very Rares and back to completely blind boosters) with no plans for 2011. If the 2010 set fails, the line may end and WotC will be getting $0/year from me.

Pretty much the same here.
The four big games I spent money on were SWM, Star Wars RPG, D&D3.5 and D&D minis.  And I've not bought DDM since they changed the rules.    All in all WOTC have nothing I am interested in buying now.  I'd say that's nearly £800 a year I spend on gaming which I will probably spend with another company now.  I'll keep playing SWM & the RPG with what I have, but my money will get spent on Pathfinder, Hackmaster, Doctor Who and possibly Warhammer 40K.

now heres a question :

I was a Star Wars fan first, but now I'm probably more of a Gamer.  I play SWM once a week and RPGs 3 nights a week.  Gaming is my life at the moment.

now heres a question :

I'm definately a Star Wars fan more than a gamer. I just enjoy playing some collectible games. I started off collecting the Whizkids Star Wars Pocket Models, but all the cards are in German so I don't really have much chance to play it anymore, and this is why I got into SWM.

BUT I do like gaming, and will continue to play SWM as long as I can find people to battle.
I'm a star wars fan first and foremost, and swm is the only game I currently play. It'll always have an appeal for me from a collector's pov, if nothing else.

That's not stopping me working out a solo variant for this game, in preparation for when everyone around me has abandoned it...
Wow, so sad to see this game go. I guess Wizards don't want my money anymore. I'm a big SW fan and love gaming so this was the perfect fit for me. I'll still keep playing, and look forward to seeing what will happen next. I guess a committee of some sort will rise from the ashes and start a project of restatting or recosting old unused figures to bring them back into the game. And with some luck, maybe someone will take over where WotC leaves. I hope so! Until then, looking forward to Masters of the Force Smile

Star Wars Miniatures, may the force be with you always!
now heres a question :

Gamer. I am a passing Star Wars fan at worst, and a fledgling Star Wars fan at best. My interest in the Star Wars universe definitely increased as a result of my time with this game. The same is true of my wife's interest in the genre.

That said, the only games WotC really has left are Magic and D&D 4th Edition. I'm not interested in either one of those. And if they were to make a new game - which won't be happening any time soon - the painful lesson I have learned over the last five years is that the company can't be trusted to adequately support such a game. So I won't be taking any more risks with them. Most of their games are simply not interesting enough to buy and just enjoy playing til the day I die.

I may not agree with the decision to end the SW game license, but I'm not angry with them as some others are. They've done far worse by me, and even then my attitude was the same as it is now - WotC is free to behave as it chooses, to its own demise. A set that company employees once claimed "sold itself" and sold out multiple sets is no longer a viable product for them. Well, I have a hard time believing its strictly a money issue if the game was doing that well. But that is neither here nor there.

As I look around my basement, I have no complaints about the last five years. If I never spend another dollar on gaming, I have plenty down here to keep me busy for 20 years. Every complete set of SWM up through Galaxy at War (hoping to add Dark Times to that collection today), tons of DDM, Axis and Allies minis, and D&D 3.5 material, and just about every Avalon Hill board game the company has put out between 2004 and 2008. I will look back on the time and energy I contributed to WotC with fondness, humor, and a small amount of pride. Like someone else here said, this is the first set of games that has ever been cancelled while I was still playing. In fact, this is the first set of games that has ever been cancelled while there was still a strong and active national community that I know of, except perhaps the Decipher CCG.

The future is very bright from where I'm sitting. There are some great times ahead!