Twin and Jar Jar

After reading this from the DT preview thread it got me thinking

Jedi Counseling #102
=====================================================

Q:What if your target ceases to be a legal target between the two attacks produced by Twin Attack?

A: If, for some reason, the target ceases to be a legal target after the first attack, the second attack is lost, just as it would be if the target were defeated.

=====================================================

www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/a... - it's the very last question.

What if the target was never legal in the first place?  If bombad gungan makes you target someone you normally couldn't target would you still get the twin attack on that target?

Yes, as Jar allows you to do stuff you normally wouldn't be able to anyway.  Bombad Gungan essentially makes that fig a legal target, so you would be able to Twin.

Now, the question is, if Jar Jar makes you target a fig subject to Veer's CE or Leia, HC's CE, and they are move out of position, would Bombad Gungan still allow Twin?
Yes, as Jar allows you to do stuff you normally wouldn't be able to anyway.  Bombad Gungan essentially makes that fig a legal target, so you would be able to Twin.

Now, the question is, if Jar Jar makes you target a fig subject to Veer's CE or Leia, HC's CE, and they are move out of position, would Bombad Gungan still allow Twin?

I would say yes, since the "legal target" business never really applied anyway.
Do you want to help advance the game when Wizards pulls the plug? Go Here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/22337613/Minis_YOU_want_to_see:_The_first_step - - -
i dont think you would be able to attack the target from jarjar again if it is no longer within 6 of jarjar, but i would be wrong.
With all of the other Rules that Jar Jar just ignores, why could we not add this into the mix??
Considering that JC has been known to be blatently wrong before I could chalk it up to that, especially since according to the resolving effects thing Twin occurs well after targeting so you don't retarget.  That would imply that you would get the Twin even if the mini had moved (ala Leia HC or the new Veers) although then the question would be whether you added in any cover bonuses (ie recalculate everything) or just made the exact same attack.  If you have to recalculate everything then it would lead back to the legal target type question of how a melee figure could attack someone who wasn't adjacent and whether it would be evadable, etc.

Just thought I could bring this up in a currently answerable question with Jar Jar as opposed to having to wait for the release of DT and Veers.

Bombad Gungan allows you to make a variety of attacks that are otherwise illegal and this would be a similar case.

So is JC still correct that you lose the twin if the target is no longer legal (ie Leia HC)?
In the Leia case without Bombad Gungan involved, yes. Should be in the FAQ?
and it is in the FAQ thanks