Melee Reach 3

Ok people! I have been searching in the FAQs and haven't found satisfactory answers to this question. I understand that Melee Reach 3 means that even though my Lumiya is 3 squares away she counts as adjacent.

I would just like to clarify if that means she still takes damage from the Kel Dor Bounty Hunter's self destruct. I was planning on using her against my brother's Nom Anor Super Stealth squad, but he claimed she would still take the damage, so  am rethinking this.

So yeah, would she still take the damage from self destruct despite being 3 squares away?!
Yes, as when a character is utilizing Melee Reach, they are adjacent for all purposes, not just attacks.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
Aww crap. I guess I'll have to go for my "it's a trap" squad insteaad then.
Ok, Another melee reach 3 question:

Can Lumiya the Dark Lady attack characters that are three squares away diagonally?

000L000

Would this be her range of attack then? L obviously being Lumiya.
That looks correct. Diagonals count as 2 when counting range, as normal.
That looks correct. Diagonals count as 2 when counting range, as normal.

Does that include normal melee reach?
It applies to anything that counts range.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
It applies to anything that counts range.

So can GOWK attack anyone in the 8 squares surrounding him? Or do those in the 4 corner squares count as being 2 squares away from him?

Sorry for asking all these noobish questions, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. :-)

So can GOWK attack anyone in the 8 squares surrounding him? Or do those in the 4 corner squares count as being 2 squares away from him?

Sorry for asking all these noobish questions, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. :-)

All eight squares around a character count as "adjacent" even though the corner squares are technically two squares distance away.
Adjacent is slightly different than Range 1. All eight squares around a fig are adjacent, though there are 2 different ranges. What Melee Reach does, is expand it to certain ranges, than based on the actual base.
Thanks you guys. I really appreciate the knowledge bestowal. I'm pretty sure that is the end of my melee questions.