Rodian Brute: The New Uggie?

Well, it seems that the Rodian Brute is a Medium sized piece with stable footing that costs 3 points. How much will they take over, in your opinion, the position of the Demo in many squads? It's nice to have an extra Ugnaught to blow doors, but with lobot, the R7, and even T3 and Artoo, there are other ways to control doors, not to mention from a safer distance. I don't know the full stats yet, but I think I would probably be using the Rodians over uggies once I have door control covered, unless I'm doing my Uggie swarm, of course.
Do you want to help advance the game when Wizards pulls the plug? Go Here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/22337613/Minis_YOU_want_to_see:_The_first_step - - -
The good news is people might actually get that piece as opposed to a Uggie, so for 3 points it's great filler when you have 3-10 points left to help with activations.  The stats will show how usefull it will actually be but I am looking forward to giveing it a try.
I have no ugnaught demolitionists and am having trouble getting hold of them. IT seems everyone wants a stash of them for filling out a squad. I am pretty excited about the Rodian Brute because I will probably get some.
I have no ugnaught demolitionists and am having trouble getting hold of them. IT seems everyone wants a stash of them for filling out a squad. I am pretty excited about the Rodian Brute because I will probably get some.

I think that uggies are more useful than rodians in a swarm squad, with the Self-Destruct and all. I am a bit of a culprit in the uggie shortage; I have between 30-35, depending on when I find good deals on them and then trading them away, but 30 is the right number for me in swarm squads, like Gen. Skywalker + Gree + Uggie Boss. I have always liked swarms (Tuskens, Kazdan, Uggies, Stormies, and now even Wat TUF can get involved with San hill; 25% of reinforcements). Now since I see nothing (and I mean it, 6 or 7 games in a row) but Yobuck and Lancers the game is losing it's apeal; I don't like having mon mothma in every squad just to have chance.
Do you want to help advance the game when Wizards pulls the plug? Go Here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/22337613/Minis_YOU_want_to_see:_The_first_step - - -
Ha we should have a game as I have no Yobuck or Lancer Droid!!!! Ha, Although I want to get a yobuck so I can try that out.
Well I think a lot of people will still use Uggie just cause door demolition is handy. However, i think the swap teams will have a field day with the Brute
Quotes: "A Commander who would send untested troops against a man such as Kano is indeed foolish--But to also defy me, he'd have to have a Death Wish!" -Carnor Jax to General Wessel "Yub,yub Commander" -Wes Janson after pulling yet another ridiculous Ewok prank on Wedge Antilles "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!", -Admiral Ackbar, CEO of Admiral Ackbar's cereal and fishsticks And some movie quotes! "Half of everything is luck James." "And the other half?" "Fate" -Sean Bean to Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye "Did you bring a horse for me?" (three gunslingers laugh) "Well it seems we're one horse short." "No. you brought two horses too many." -Charles Bronson in Once Upon A Time in The West
The Rodian is a MEDIUM base? 

In terms of squad-building, for a 3pt utility piece, you're looking at the Ugnaught (door control) or the Mouse Droid (for non-Mas Amedda factions, and also mobile cover).  The Rodian is useless to you as a stand-alone 3pt utility piece.  But for swapping, on the other hand, the 3pt Rodian Brute is outstanding!  The Gran Raider will still be useful because he has Stealth for 1 pt more.  But I think most people don't yet see quite how much a 3pt swap piece will be...nor how useful that piece will be with Stable Footing on top of that!  This piece will affect the meta, no question of that [IF it is, indeed, on a medium-sized base.]
The Rodian is a MEDIUM base? 

In terms of squad-building, for a 3pt utility piece, you're looking at the Ugnaught (door control) or the Mouse Droid (for non-Mas Amedda factions, and also mobile cover).  The Rodian is useless to you as a stand-alone 3pt utility piece.  But for swapping, on the other hand, the 3pt Rodian Brute is outstanding!  The Gran Raider will still be useful because he has Stealth for 1 pt more.  But I think most people don't yet see quite how much a 3pt swap piece will be...nor how useful that piece will be with Stable Footing on top of that!  This piece will affect the meta, no question of that [IF it is, indeed, on a medium-sized base.]

Yeah, swap just got really deadly. Grans have always been good, but these guys are quite a bit faster.
Stable Footing comes and goes, but Satchel Charge is forever.

I think that uggies are more useful than rodians in a swarm squad, with the Self-Destruct and all. I am a bit of a culprit in the uggie shortage; I have between 30-35,

I don't feel so bad about my 15 after reading this 
I see myself playing the rodian brute over the ugnaught in rebel teams, rebel already have plenty of override don't see myself going for the ug over the rodian if I already have 1-2 overrides on the team.

Still see the ugnaught being played on my other teams though. 
Sign In to post comments