DPR King Candidates 2.0

1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
I like the idea of submitting different classes, even if the DPR doesn't measure up to par with rangers or charger builds. It gives a baseline for what to expect from a class. Here is a first go, at a level 6 sorcerer.

18.95 DPR Halfling Basic Sorcerer (6), by Mengu74 ()

DPR Relevant bits:

Halfling (Storm or Chaos) Sorcerer 6

Dex 18, Cha 20

Feats:
Implement Expertise Light Blade
Weapon Focus Light Blade
Two -Weapon Fighting
Dual Implement Spellcaster

Powers:
Acid Orb

Items:
Goblin Totem Dagger +2
Magic Dagger +2
Bracers of the Perfect Shot
Eagle Eye Goggles

Assumption: You are attacking a medium or larger creature.

Acid Orb
+12 vs Reflex (+5 charisma +3 level +1 expertise +2 enhancement +1 item)
1d10+19 damage (+5 charisma +4 dexterity +2 enhancement +2 dual implement +1 feat +1 two-weapon fighting +2 item)

DPR = 0.7*24.5+0.05*36 = 18.95

if we find a good way to sort hybrids and MCs, then I join the "sort by class" camp.
without it, I think "sort by role" is a much safer bet. if you need some help, I'm also offering that, though I don't really know what I could do...

I think role is a bad sorting principle and here's why:

A lot of these characters are not operating in their classes's wotc assigned role and make significant sacrifices that prevent them from performing their WotC assigned role as well as most characters in that role would do. If you are consider the palavenger for instance, I think he is better considered as a (nova oriented) striker than as a defender despite starting with the paladin class. The same might be true for some DPR wizard builds--they are properly seen as competitors to the sorcerer rather than the orbizard.

A lot of these characters are not operating in their classes's wotc assigned role and make significant sacrifices that prevent them from performing their WotC assigned role as well as most characters in that role would do. If you are consider the palavenger for instance, I think he is better considered as a (nova oriented) striker than as a defender despite starting with the paladin class. The same might be true for some DPR wizard builds--they are properly seen as competitors to the sorcerer rather than the orbizard.

hmm, how about for defender builds they get one triggered mark  (for combat challenge and the like)

and for leader builds... tricker we need a way to measure the damage they add with buffs and granted attacks.

hmm, how about for defender builds they get one triggered mark  (for combat challenge and the like)

and for leader builds... tricker we need a way to measure the damage they add with buffs and granted attacks.

Marks don't trigger nearly as often as rogues get CA, at least lot with average builds.  Unless a true catch-22 is set up, assuming that your target will violate the mark is a bit much.

I don't think that would work because the mark punishment mechanic generally sees less play the more effective it is. Thus, if you assumed one triggered mark, the balanced paladin with mighty challenge would look like the highest DPR defender, but when his player actually sat down to play in a game, he would notice that the Str/Wis Straladin dealt far more damage than he did--possibly even including triggered marks (because you can afford to trigger a weak mark more often than a strong one).

Leaders is actually easier. You can measure the damage they add to the party with their at-will powers fairly easily; the challenge is figuring out the right set of assumptions about the party. A barbarian (perhaps the one from the DPR champions) entry making a single at-will attack under the influence of a buff (righteous brand, furious smash, inevitable wave, etc) or receiving a single extra attack (commander's strike, etc) is probably the easiest way to do it without giving undue advantage to any particular leader, but different leaders would benefit from different characters (for instance, an avenger is ideal for commander's strike or inevitable wave, an artful dodger is probably ideal for furious smash, a two weapon ranger is ideal for righteous brand, and four archer rangers are ideal for magic weapon).
a build that is optimized for charge DPR and little less; it assumes you've been bloodied and are using Shifting. I think we could afford 1 Blood Fury weapon to become bloodied 1st thing every encounter

Longtooth Shifter Avenger 6
Str 20
Feats:
Gorebrute Charge, Powerful Charge, Avenging Resolution, Invigorating Pursuit
Items:
Avalanche Maul +2, Horned Helm

MBA
Attack: +13 vs AC
Hit: 2d6x2 + 1d6 + 15.755 (with 1s & 2s considered 3s)        
breakdown
3 (lvl) + 5 (Str) + 2 (Ench) + 2 (prof) + 1 (charge)
5 (Str) + 2 (Ench) + 2 (Shifting) + 3 (Gorebrute) + 2 (Powerful) + 1.755 (Pursuit)

the odds of me hitting previous round are 0.8775, so Invigorating Pursuit should, on average, contribute 1.755 damage

DPR ~ 34.64305 (Ch)

((1-(1-0.7)^2)-(1-(1-0.05)^2))*35.755 + (1-(1-0.05)^2)*57.355 = 34.64305

Melee Dragonborn Warlock; DPR 34.15
my level 1 warlock leveled; we still need to be bloodied

Dragonborn Warlock|Fighter 6
Str 18, Cha 20
Feats:
Curse of Io's Blood, Mindbite Scorn, Hybrid Talent: Weapon Talent, WE
Items:
Avalanche Maul +2, Horned Helm

Battle Fury Stance

Maul Eldritch Strike:
Attack: +16 vs AC
Hit: 2d6x2 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 16        
breakdown
3 (lvl) + 5 (Cha) + 2 (Ench) + 2 (prof) + 1 (Dragonborn Fury) + 1 (class) + 1 (charge) + 1 (WE)
5 (Cha) + 2 (Ench) + 5 (Io's Blood) + 2 (stance)

DPR = 0.8*38.5+0.05*67 = 34.15 (Ch)

longtooth shifters, while shifting, make awesome chargers with Gorebrute Charge;
brightbane's druid can also be improved if we go that way
Show
more or less same assumptions as before
Longtooth Shifter Druid 6
Wis 20
Feats:
Gorebrute Charge, Ferocious Tiger Form, Enraged Boar Form, Powerful Charge
Items:
Staff of the Serpent +2, Claw Gloves, Iron Armbands of Power, Horned Helm

Pounce
Attack: +14 vs Ref
Hit: 1d8 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d10 + 20        
breakdown
 3 (lvl) + 5 (Wis) + 2 (Ench) + 1 (Form) + 1 (charge) + 2 (CA)
5 (Wis) + 2 (Ench) + 2 (Shifting) + 3 (Gorebrute) + 2 (Enraged) + 2 (Ferocious) + 2 (Powerful) + 2 (Armbands)

DPR = 0.8*37+0.05*59 = 32.55 (CA, Ch)

DPR = 32.55 (CA, Ch)

and the discussion:
I think we're overthinking this. it's a DPR competition (compilation). more or less any entry will venture outside it's role into strikers (unless it's posted here only for comparison). what are leaders and defenders doing in DPR Kings thread, anyway?

I would also request separation by level back.
I too think that giving controller candidates a DPR boost or the like for doing their job, leaders for buffing, defenders for defending is counterproductive to the purpose of the thread.  This is a DPR thread.  While I do like to avoid pure focus on DPR at the sacrifice to all else(Defenses, durability, versatility...) let's not stray from the topic.  If controllers... want to compete with us he had better be prepared to measure apples to apples, namely Damage.  
That being said I feel to propose that we revert again to a level categorization instead of a role or class categorization.  If you feel it's unfair comparing your sorcerer bombarding blazing starfalls and feeling underpar compared with the charging barbarian then tough luck.  I originally prepared for area strikers (sorcerers and blaster wizards) by making you state your DPR(5x5) with the area.  No fair conversion can be done, only exceptions can be made.  This is a DPR competition in search for a DPR King.  The barbarian can't compare to the sorcerer at area blastage nor typed damage.  
If you want compare leader sticks I'd be happy to start a "Who's best in the buff" thread for at-will buff, party buff, nova buff comparisons.  This is not that thread. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
apples to apples, namely Damage. 

Not all damage is equally effective, burning down single targets is a very effective strategy.

And leader buffs shouldn't be overly discounted, only overall DPR really matters.

Borg, thanks for your service and trying to get this organized. It's complicated. One thing I'd recommend is to simply ignore anything hybrid. It's playtest, has been dumped on the community without any support, updates, additions, and is most likely going to change significantly. In fact, I'm pretty sure that most of the overpowered combos you still see popping up multiple times a day will be history once PHB 3 comes out. And that's not too far in the future. Until then, I'd recommend to simply ignore them altogether.
And now to beat the ranger with a somewhat odd charger build.

26.97 DPR Githzerai Avenger Charger (6), by Mengu74 ()

DPR Relevant bits:

Githzerai Avenger 6

Str 15, Wis 20

Feats:
Githzerai Weapon Training
Power of Skill
Powerful Charge
Power Attack

Powers:
Overwhelming Strike

Items:
Vanguard Fullblade +1
Horned Helm
Iron Armbands

Assumption: You are able to charge your Oath of Enmity target, and use power attack.

Overwhelming Strike
+11 vs AC (+5 wisdom +3 level +3 proficiency +1 enhancement +1 charge -2 power attack)
1d12+15+1d6+1d8 damage (+5 wisdom +1 enhancement +2 feat +2 item +2 powerful charge +3 power attack +1d6 horned helm +1d8 vanguard)

DPR = (0.0975x52)+(0.7425x29.5) = 26.97375

Power Attack can be replaced with Avenging Resolution (Dra382) for a DPR bump.

+13 vs AC (+5 wis +3 level +3 prof + 1 enh + 1 charge)
1d12 + 12 + 1d6 + 1d8 (reroll 1s and 2s)

DPR = (.91-.0975)x29.5 + .0975x51 = 23.96875 + 4.9725 = 28.94125
Power Attack can be replaced with Avenging Resolution (Dra382) for a DPR bump.

1d12 + 12 + 1d6 + 1d8 (reroll 1s and 2s)

DPR = (.91-.0975)x29.5 + .0975x51 = 23.96875 + 4.9725 = 28.94125

Actually it treats 1's and 2's as 3's slightly different deal. Let me run the numbers...

dice: 1d12 + 12 + 1d6 + 1d8 (1s and 2s are 3)
average on hit: 6.75 + 12 + 4 + 4.875 = 27.625
average on crit: 38 + 6.75 + 4.875 = 49.625
DPR = (.91-.0975)*27.625 + .0975*49.625 = 27.2838

It does indeed seem to be an improvement. Nice catch. So as not to create headaches, I'll just edit that post and make a separate note for the increase.
EDIT: Never mind, nothing to see here. This build doesn't quite work as I thought it did...
Unless I'm mistaken, The blood pulse+bolstering blood combo was ruled to be a single damage roll per instance of movement. If someone is pushed 14 squares, it suffers 14d6+mods, not 14d6+14*mods. I can't for the life of me tell where that ruling's from, though.
Well, I'll keep it in mind, but until I see that ruling, the damage stands.
am i the only one that thinks doing over 1K dmg in one rund (minus setup) is just nuts?  and LordDuskblade can you post the entire build for that bloodlock? i'd like to see the look on my DM's face when i pull that one out.
There's a slight issue with Elder_basilisk's Palavenger level 6 Nova.  It uses Ardent Vow twice in the second turn, which is not permitted by the power.

This build is based on the (perhaps loose) premise that when someone attacks with Twin Strike with a Radiant and a Frost weapon that the power gains both keywords and hence triggers both Frost and Radiant vulnerabilities for the next turn.

It is a partial rip-off of LDB's Stormwarden so apologies for the plagiarism.

level 16 Storminglord - DPR 90.83
Cheese Factor: (16@) 

Longtooth Shifter, Ranger, Morninglord
Build

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Norman, level 16
Longtooth Shifter, Ranger, Morninglord
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 24, Con 13, Dex 15, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 26 Fort: 27 Reflex: 21 Will: 21
HP: 110 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 28

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +16, Stealth +14, Perception +16, Acrobatics +14, Athletics +21, Religion +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Endurance +10, Heal +11, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +7, Nature +11, Streetwise +7, Thievery +9

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 2: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 8: Disciple of Divine Wrath
Level 10: Wintertouched
Level 11: Lasting Frost
Level 12: Prime Punisher
Level 14: Prime Quarry
Level 16: Pervasive Light

POWERS
Ranger at-will 1: Hit and Run
Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Ranger encounter 1: Off-Hand Strike
Ranger daily 1: Jaws of the Wolf
Ranger utility 2: Yield Ground
Ranger encounter 3: Disruptive Strike
Ranger daily 5: Frenzied Skirmish
Ranger utility 6: Serpentine Dodge
Ranger encounter 7: Lashing Leaves
Ranger daily 9: Attacks on the Run
Ranger utility 10: Blood of the Fallen
Ranger daily 15: Blade Cascade (replaces Jaws of the Wolf)
Ranger utility 16: Evade the Blow

ITEMS
Radiant Bastard sword +3, Frost Bastard sword +3, Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier), Siberys Shard of Radiance (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), Symbol of Divine Light +4, Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) (10), Belt of Vigor (heroic tier), Summoned Earthhide Armor +3, Blood Fury Bastard sword +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Matrices

statlevelprofenhanceexpertiseprimetotal hit

to hitcamisshitboth misseither hitca

dice2wfshiftingfocuscoldradiantarmshandsenhancementshardtotal
M7.151224.9517.82223344.92
MC26.51224.9517.82223364.27
S7.15226.9917.82223345.96
SC26.5226.9917.82223365.31

MainSecondChanceQuarryMain DamSec DamTotal DExpectation

CC0.00251264.2765.31141.570.35

CH0.04251264.2745.96122.225.19

CM0.00511264.2776.270.39

HC0.0425744.9265.31117.224.98

HH0.7208744.9245.9697.8770.55

HM0.0857744.9251.924.45

MC0.00511265.3177.310.39

MH0.0857745.9652.964.54

MM0.0102

Is it just me or does using Boons (Pelor's sun blessing I believe) a bad thing to do.  Aren't boons there for when the DM doesn't want magic items yet wants to hand out controlled effectively items.
Do I have something wrong here? 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Actually it treats 1's and 2's as 3's slightly different deal. Let me run the numbers...

That'll teach me doing reading and math when I am sleepy. :P
I don't see a sorcerer build in the first post, but I seem to remember a few of them putting out at least 150 DPR.  I can't find a link, but if anyone knows where it is please post.  Otherwise maybe I'll try to recreate a similar build quick.
I don't see a sorcerer build in the first post, but I seem to remember a few of them putting out at least 150 DPR.  I can't find a link, but if anyone knows where it is please post.  Otherwise maybe I'll try to recreate a similar build quick.

Thinking of some of the old Reaper's Touch builds?
Probably, though you can replicate some of it if you MC Primal and grab Reincarnate Champion so you can get Reaper's Touch again.

As for the build itself, I need to have confirmation that Blood Pulse's extra damage works the way I think it works. Apart from that, my write-ups take a long time to make.

Thinking of some of the old Reaper's Touch builds?

Ya I think that was part of it.  I think there was crit fishing involved, with daggermaster and either Sage of Ages or Sorcerous Flux (or both).   I remember Storm Magic offering a huge boost compared to the early builds thanks to Fury of the Storm maximizing extra crit damage.

One thing I didn't like was that the most successful build used bloodiron daggers to repeat extra crit damage the following round, but personally I don't like using second round damages in DPR calculations.  Anyone have other weapon recommendations for such a build?
I have corrected a mistake on my Storminlord build.  I was adding Quarry damage to both attacks.

I've removed this and jiggled the stats around as Wisdom contributes more than Dex in this build.

The result is a slightly lower total of 79.52 
Unless I'm mistaken, The blood pulse+bolstering blood combo was ruled to be a single damage roll per instance of movement. If someone is pushed 14 squares, it suffers 14d6+mods, not 14d6+14*mods. I can't for the life of me tell where that ruling's from, though.

Might be thinking of this CS response.

Incidentally: Virtuous Strike IS an arcane power, via the feat Power of Arcana (which SongNSilence most certainly uses), thus the echoes of thunder.

With Power of Arcana, it is only arcane when you use the power.  It is not always arcane and does not qualify for Arcane Admixture's "Choose one arcane power that you know", unless there is a rule I missed that makes selecting feats a free action so it can be done during the use of a power.

Link to the old DPR king candidates thread.  I'll add this to the first post
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Nice builds everyone.

Ok, my turn

Cold as Hell

Cold as Hell (L12 Revenant Infernal Warlock/Hexer)
Con 23, Dex 13+

Feats:
Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Versatile Expertise (Light Blade - Rods/Implement of your choice)
Weapon Focus (Dagger)
Dual Implement Spellcaster
Durable (retrained to Called Shot at Level 11)
Killing Curse
Arcane Admixture (Hellish Rebuke : Cold)
Lasting Frost

Items:
Shadow Warlock Leather Armor
Shadowrift Blade Dagger +3
Dagger/Rod/Implement +3 (off hand) ideally Frost Dagger but not totally necessary
Gloves of Ice (paragon tier)
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold / of the Mage (paragon tier)

At-will: Hellish Rebuke now keywords Fire & Cold doing Fire Cold damage.

To-hit: +19 (6 con + 6 level + 3 enhancement + 1 expertise + 2 CA +1 prime shot) vs Reflex 24 = 0.65 (Hit on 5+)
To-crit: on 20 = 0.05
Damage on Hit: 1d6 base +6 stat +3 enh +5 called shot +3 shard +2 gloves +3 DIS +2 WF +2d8 curse   => 1d6+2d8+24

As a free action, if I hit, I activate the Shadowrift Blade, taking 5 dmg thus activating Hellish Rebuke.
1d6 base +6 stat +3 enh +5 cold +3 shard +2 gloves +3 DIS +2 WF => 1d6+24

So 2d6+2d8+48, ~64

Damage on Crit: 12+16+48 +3d6 (crit bonus)
= 3d6+76, ~86.5

DPR: 0.30 * 0 + 0.65 * 64 + 0.05 * 86.5 = 45.9

Voilà. You can also take nice cold-themed powers in your arsenal, like Chains of Levistus, Armor of Agathys, or Feast of Souls. Maybe Frigid Darkness if you go Two-Fold Pact (Star).

Edited for March and May updates
Ah, well. That makes it official that the build doesn't work as I thought it did.

Disregard that last build, borg285, old pal; it's not quite done yet.
Hey guys,

Netarious already beat mine even though I posted mine before his and got it here before I did ...Good job man. I don't care about the glory, but since I made it for the thread, I might as well link it here

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Calcs (using Acid Orb)
Attack Bonus= 8 lvl+6 Charisma+3 Enhancement+2 Weapon Expertise+2 eagle eye goggles+2 draconic spellcaster= 23 vs. reflex
Damage= 6 Char +8 Str +3 Enhancement +2 Weapon Focus +2 Astral Fire +3 Radiant Weapon Bonus +4 Dual Implement Spellcaster +3 Syberis shard of the mage +15 Morninglord with Symbol of Divine Light +4 Bracers of the perfect shot=50 + Phase of the Sun 6 + Vulnerable 15 for 21 Automatic Damage

Feel free to use whichever numbers of these you want borg285:
Plugging those numbers in to the Dnd 4E DPR comparifier vs. an average lvl 16 monster (MM Values) I get a DPR of 67.87. Ring of the Radiant Storm might add a bit of damage, but I have no idea how to calculate how much that would be, and it only gets better at lvl 21. On a charge, the DPR goes up to 70.65, and depending on you allowing off-hand properties on a charge, can go up to 73.9 with a vanguard dagger. A charge with combat advantage yields a ridonkulous 77.98 damage. Regular combat advantage yields 73.42 damage. If your interpretation of Rod of the Dragonborn allows you to add keywords based on your breath type and you take the arcane implement proficiency, wintertouched, lasting frost, gloves of ice and the great cat armor for the shifting tricks, your DPR goes up to 79.94, which is just silly considering you're not charging.

Kudos on updating the thread btw. Keep it fun and keep gaming
If you guys could check my math that'd be awesome, but I think it's correct.

Level: 11
DPR: 45.73
Cheese Used: 618@

Build

level 11
Half-Orc, Fighter|Ranger, Kensei
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Hybrid Talent: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent: Tempest Technique
Kensei Focus: Kensei Focus Short sword
Background: Occupation - Mariner (+2 to Acrobatics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 23, Con 12, Dex 19, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 25 Fort: 25 Reflex: 23 Will: 17
HP: 75 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +15, Endurance +12, Perception +10, Acrobatics +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +5, Insight +5, Intimidate +6, Nature +5, Religion +5, Stealth +8, Streetwise +4, Thievery +8

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
Level 4: Weapon Expertise (Light Blade)
Level 6: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 8: Swift Blade Style

POWERS
Hybrid Fighter at-will 1: Dual Strike
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Two-Fanged Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Villain's Menace
Hybrid utility 2: Hunter's Privilege
Hybrid encounter 3: Parry and Riposte
Hybrid daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Hybrid utility 6: Battle Awareness
Hybrid encounter 7: Claws of the Griffon
Hybrid daily 9: Dire Bear Maul
Hybrid utility 10: Strength From Pain

ITEMS
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (heroic tier) (2), Frost Short sword +2 (2), Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Predator's Hide Hide Armor +2, Cloak of Resistance +2, Belt of Vim (heroic tier), Casque of Tactics (heroic tier), Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier)

Twin Strike: 2 Attacks, +21 vs AC with CA (85% vs AC 25)
Attack Bonus Breakdown

+6 Strength Modifier
+5 half your level
+3 proficiency bonus
+2 enhancement bonus
+1 bonus - Tempest Technique
+1 bonus - Weapon Expertise (Light Blade)
+1 bonus - Kensei focus Short Sword
+2 bonus - Combat Advanatage (from Wintertouched)

Main Hand: 1d6+17 Cold Damage (20.5 Avg)
Damage Bonus Breakdown

+2 Enhancement Bonus
+2 Bonus - Tempest Technique
+2 Feat Bonus - Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
+1 Bonus - Two-Weapon Fighting
+2 Item Bonus - Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier)
+1 Bonus - Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold
+2 Bonus - Gloves of Ice
+5 Vulnerable 5 cold - Lasting Frost

Main Hand Critical: 2d6+23 Cold Damage (30 avg)
Off Hand: 1d6+16 Cold Damage (19.5 Avg)
Damage Bonus Breakdown

+2 Enhancement Bonus
+2 Bonus - Tempest Technique
+2 Feat Bonus - Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
+2 Item Bonus - Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier)
+1 Bonus - Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold
+2 Bonus - Gloves of Ice

Off Hand Critical: 2d6+22 Cold Damage (29 avg)
Hunter's Quarry: 2d6 cold damage (7 avg, 1 attack must hit)
Swift Blade Style: 4 damage (Both attacks must hit)

Main hand + Off Hand + Main Crit + Off Crit + Swift Blade Style + Quarry + Quarry Crit

(0.80)*(20.5) + (0.80)*(19.5) + (0.05)*(30) + (0.05)*(29) + (0.85)*(0.85)*(4) + (0.96)*(7) + (0.0975)*(12) = 45.73
Netarious already beat mine even though I posted mine before his and got it here before I did ...Good job man. I don't care about the glory, but since I made it for the thread, I might as well link it here

I said on your thread at the time that I was playing around with Morninglord builds.  I then had the idea of stacking radiant vulnerability onto LDB's Stormwarden build.  I didn't take anything from your build although I was impressed.

I posted what I think is the correct calculation over on your other thread. But can you bump this guy up to 12th level so we are not comparing apples to oranges? Paragon Levels we're comparing are 12 and 16.

Level 12 gives a better reflection because it allows for 2 more paragon feats, and the item accounting is less wonky. 

DPR King Candidates 3.0

I've managed to build improved versions of the level 6 Gith Charging Avenger by Mengu74 and Longtooth Shifter Charging Avenger by tl, mostly by using the Invigorating Pursuit feat.

29.04 DPR Githzerai Avenger Charger (6), by The1Darklord

Githzerai Avenger 6 - Wis 20

Feats: Githzerai Weapon Training, Power of Skill, Powerful Charge, Invigorating Pursuit

Powers: Overwhelming Strike

Items: Vicious Bastard Sword + 2, Vanguard Handaxe +1, Horned Helm, Bracers of Mighty Striking

Assumption: You are able to charge your Oath of Enmity target.

Attack: +14 vs AC (+5 wisdom +3 level +3 proficiency +2 enhancement +1 charge)

Damage: 1d10+15+1d6+1d8 damage (+5 wisdom +2 enhancement +2 feat +2 item +2 powerful charge +2 Invigorating Pursuit +1d6 horned helm +1d8 vanguard )

by dndcalculator.blogspot.com/ it's 29.04 DPR 

32.20 DPR Longtooth Shifter Avenger Charger (6), by The1Darklord

Longtooth Shifter Avenger 6 - STR 20

Feats: Weapon Focus Heavy Blade, Gorebrute Charge, Powerful Charge, Invigorating Pursuit

Powers: Basic Melee

Items: Mage’s Bastard Sword + 2, Vanguard Handaxe +1, Horned Helm, Bracers of Mighty Striking, Blood Fury Weapon + 1

Assumption: You are able to charge your Oath of Enmity target, and you’ve you've been bloodied and are using Shifting. Using the Blood Fury weapon to become bloodied 1st thing every encounter does the job nicely.

Attack: +14 vs AC (+5 wisdom +3 level +3 proficiency +2 enhancement +1 charge)

Damage: 1d10+19+1d6+1d8 damage (+5 strength +2 enhancement +2 Shifting +2 item +3 Gorebrute Charge +2 powerful charge +2 Invigorating Pursuit +1 Weapon Focus +1d6 horned helm +1d8 vanguard )

by dndcalculator.blogspot.com/ it's 32.20 DPR 

Note I have used a Bastard Sword as the Mage’s weapon can only be light or heavy blades (tl’s build incorrectly applies it to a Waraxe)

I quite enjoyed working on these it’s surprisingly good fun! Laughing

Daniel.

I posted what I think is the correct calculation over on your other thread. But can you bump this guy up to 12th level so we are not comparing apples to oranges? Paragon Levels we're comparing are 12 and 16.

Level 12 gives a better reflection because it allows for 2 more paragon feats, and the item accounting is less wonky. 

Mostly because the build I was comparing it against was listed as a level 11 build, and this was to prove that specific point to somebody who went all offensive at me for daring to contradict him.  To further prove my point, I'll calculate for levels 12 and 16 later tonight.
Mostly because the build I was comparing it against was listed as a level 11 build, and this was to prove that specific point to somebody who went all offensive at me for daring to contradict him.  To further prove my point, I'll calculate for levels 12 and 16 later tonight.

Sorry, didn't realize there was history. Let me know if you need help with the calculation. I find the break down I posted in the other thread to be the least mistake-prone way to calculate twin strike DPR (I have some excel formulas that make it a little easier), though it's not the quickest.

Alright guys, I've refined my hybrid, and optimized it for level 24.  (I'm now reasonably sure my math is correct, but feel free to double check me.) and I do believe it is awesome.  The difference between automatic damage and hit damage fades a bit with a 95% hit rate.

EDIT: Update.  Corrected an error in the attack rate: total attack bonus is actually 35, not 36 (oh noes, 90% to hit instead of 95%!) and added battle fury stance (level 2 utility, dragon 382)  I also swapped out the old tattoo for a Tattoo of the Wolverine, not that it matters for our purposes.  Net gain of ~6 points of damage.

EDIT 2: I was right the first time, attack bonus should be 36 (forgot to increase expertise to 2)  Correcting now.

Level: 24
DPR: 136.57375
Cheese Used: 168@ (Windrise Ports is selected, but not used yet at level 24)

Build
INYOURFACEDPR, level 24
Longtooth Shifter, Fighter|Ranger, Kensei, Eternal Defender
Kensei Focus: Kensei Focus Katar
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 28, Con 13, Dex 21, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 11.

AC: 36 Fort: 36 Reflex: 33 Will: 31
HP: 141 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 35

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +27, Endurance +19, Perception +20, Acrobatics +21, Insight +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Dungeoneering +15, Heal +15,

History +12, Intimidate +15, Nature +15, Religion +12, Stealth +16,

Streetwise +13, Thievery +16

FEATS
Level 12: Agile Tempest
Level 14: Marked Scourge
Level 16: Two-Weapon Opening
Level 18: Weapon Proficiency (Katar)
Level 20: Lethal Hunter
Level 21: Soldier of the Faith
Level 22: Nimble Blade
Level 24: Light Blade Mastery

POWERS
Hybrid utility 2: Battle Fury Stance
Hybrid utility 6: Weave Through the Fray
Hybrid utility 10: Shed the Mark
Hybrid encounter 13: Armor Splinter (replaces Two-Fanged Strike)
Hybrid daily 15: Blade Cascade (replaces Two-Wolf Pounce)
Hybrid utility 16: Mirror of Steel
Hybrid encounter 17: Two-Weapon Eviscerate (replaces Claws of the Griffon)
Hybrid daily 19: Cruel Cage of Steel (replaces Dire Bear Maul)
Hybrid utility 22: Battle Furor
Hybrid encounter 23: Fangs of Steel (replaces Parry and Riposte)

ITEMS
Battle Harness Darkhide Armor +4, Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier) (2), Boots of Eagerness (heroic tier), Deep-Pocket Cloak +4, Circlet of Indomitability (paragon tier), Blood Fury Longsword +1, Sash of Ensnarement (heroic tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Frost Katar (Large) +5 (2)

Assumptions

Combat Advantage/Cold Resistance: This character should be able to land at least one hit every turn, imposing 5 cold vulnerability and thus granting combat advanage.  There is a very small chance both atacks will miss (.25%) but it's not statisticlly signifigant.
Marked: Marked Scourge requires the target to be marked, and ranger powers can't mark for a hybrid.  However, Divine Challenge (granted through the Soldier of the Faith multiclass feat) lasts as long as I can engage the target each turn, though I cannot recast it.
Longtooth Shifting: Longtooth Shifting is activated using the Blood Fury Longsword, which has an encounter power which makes you count as bloodied for one round.  Once active, the damage bonus lasts an entire encounter, meaning this bonus is available at all times.

Twin Strike: 2 Attacks, +36 vs AC with CA (95% vs AC 38)
Show

+9 Strength Modifier
+12 half your level
+3 proficiency bonus
+5 enhancement bonus
+2 bonus - Weapon Expertise (Light Blade)
+1 bonus - Kensei focus Katar
+1 bonus - Nimble Blade

Main Hand: 2d8+43 Cold Damage (52 average)
Show

+5 Enhancement Bonus
+4 Bonus - Tempest Technique (with Agile Tempest)
+3 Feat Bonus - Weapon Focus (Light Blade)
+4 bonus - Kensei Focus Katar
+4 Item Bonus - Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier)
+6 Power Bonus - Battle Fury stance
+2 Bonus - Longtooth Shifting
+5 Bonus - Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice

Main Hand Critical: 5d6+3d8+69 Cold Damage (100 avg)
Show

5d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+43 Damage Bonus
+10 Ring of Giants

Off Hand: 2d8+42 Cold Damage (51 average)
Show

+5 Enhancement Bonus
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice

Off Hand Critical: 5d6+3d8+64 Cold Damage (99 avg)
Show

5d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+42 Damage Bonus
+10 Ring of Giants

Bonus Melee Basic (Two-Weapon Opening): 2d8+51 Cold Damage (60 average)
Show

+9 Strength Modifier
+5 Enhancement Bonus
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice

Bonus Melee Basic Critical: 5d6+3d8+73 Cold Damage (108 avg)
Show

5d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+51 Damage Bonus
+10 Ring of Giants

Hunter's Quarry: 3d8 cold damage (13.5 avg, 1 attack must hit)
Swift Blade Style: 5 damage (Both attacks must hit)
Marked Scourge: 3 damage (One attack must hit)

Main hand + Off Hand + Main Crit + Off Crit + TWO Bonus Attack + TWO Bonus Crit + Swift Blade Style + Marked Scourge + Quarry + Quarry Crit

(0.85)*(52) + (0.85)*(51) + (0.10)*(100) + (0.10)*(99) + (0.10)*(0.85)*(60) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(108) + (0.95)*(0.95)*(5) + (0.99)*(3) + (0.9975)*(13.5) + (0.19)*(10.5) = 136.57375
Level 30-

These are not different levels of the same build, by the way, you might notice the starting stats are different.

Level: 30
DPR: 164.07625
Cheese Used: 1468@

Build

Hybrids Can PWN, level 30
Longtooth Shifter, Fighter|Ranger, Kensei, Eternal Defender
Kensei Focus: Kensei Focus Katar
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 30, Con 12, Dex 21, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 11.

AC: 42 Fort: 42 Reflex: 38 Will: 37
HP: 170 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +31, Endurance +22, Perception +23, Acrobatics +24, Insight +23, Nature +23

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +15, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +18, Heal +18, History +15, Intimidate +18, Religion +15, Stealth +19, Streetwise +16, Thievery +19

FEATS
Level 12: Agile Tempest
Level 14: Marked Scourge
Level 16: Two-Weapon Opening
Level 18: Weapon Proficiency (Katar)
Level 20: Lethal Hunter
Level 21: Soldier of the Faith
Level 22: Nimble Blade
Level 24: Rending Tempest
Level 26: Defender of the Wild
Level 28: Light Blade Mastery
Level 30: Longtooth Vengeance

POWERS
Hybrid utility 2: Pass Forward
Hybrid utility 6: Weave Through the Fray
Hybrid utility 10: Shed the Mark
Hybrid encounter 13: Armor Splinter (replaces Two-Fanged Strike)
Hybrid daily 15: Blade Cascade (replaces Two-Wolf Pounce)
Hybrid utility 16: Mirror of Steel
Hybrid encounter 17: Two-Weapon Eviscerate (replaces Claws of the Griffon)
Hybrid daily 19: Cruel Cage of Steel (replaces Dire Bear Maul)
Hybrid utility 22: Battle Furor
Hybrid encounter 23: Fangs of Steel (replaces Parry and Riposte)
Hybrid daily 25: Storm's Fury Strike (replaces Villain's Menace)
Hybrid encounter 27: Death Rend (replaces Armor Splinter)
Hybrid daily 29: Follow-up Blow (replaces Cruel Cage of Steel)

ITEMS
Gloves of Ice (epic tier), Ring of Giants (paragon tier), Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (epic tier) (2), Boots of Eagerness (heroic tier), Blood Fury Longsword +1, Waistband of the Grappler (paragon tier), Ring of Fury (paragon tier), Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Frost Katar (Large) +6 (2), Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Battle Harness Elderhide Armor +6, Deep-Pocket Cloak +6, Circlet of Indomitability (epic tier), Grasping Javelin (Large) +6

Assumptions

Combat Advantage/Cold Resistance: This character should be able to land at least one hit every turn, imposing 5 cold vulnerability and thus granting combat advanage.  There is a very small chance both atacks will miss (.25%) but it's not statisticlly signifigant.
Marked: Marked Scourge requires the target to be marked, and ranger powers can't mark for a hybrid.  However, Divine Challenge (granted through the Soldier of the Faith multiclass feat) lasts as long as I can engage the target each turn, though I cannot recast it.
Longtooth Shifting: Longtooth Shifting is activated using the Blood Fury Longsword, which has an encounter power which makes you count as bloodied for one round.  Once active, the damage bonus lasts an entire encounter, meaning this bonus is available at all times.

Twin Strike: 2 Attacks, +42 vs AC with CA (95% vs AC 44)
Show

+10 Strength Modifier
+15 half your level
+3 proficiency bonus
+6 enhancement bonus
+3 bonus - Weapon Expertise (Light Blade)
+1 bonus - Kensei focus Katar
+1 bonus - Nimble Blade

Main Hand: 2d8+47 Cold Damage (56 average)
Show

+6 Enhancement Bonus
+6 Item Bonus - Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier)
+3 Bonus - Longtooth Shifting
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice

Main Hand Critical: 6d6+3d8+75 Cold Damage (132 avg)
Show

6d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+47 Damage Bonus
+12 Ring of Giants

Off Hand: 2d8+46 Cold Damage (55 average)
Show

+6 Enhancement Bonus
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice
+1d8 (if 1st attack hits) - Rending Tempest
+1d8 (if TWO melee basic hits) - Rending Tempest

Off Hand Critical: 6d6+3d8+74 Cold Damage (131 avg)
Show

6d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+46 Damage Bonus
+12 Ring of Giants
+8 (if 1st attack hits) - Rending Tempest
+8 (if TWO melee basic hits) - Rending Tempest

Melee Basic (Two-Weapon Opening): 3d8+56 Cold Damage (69.5 average)
Show

+10 Strength Modifier
+6 Enhancement Bonus
+4 Bonus - Gloves of Ice
+1d8 - Rending Tempest

Melee Basic Critical: 6d6+3d8+84 Cold Damage (149 avg)
Show

6d6 Enhancement
3d8 High Crit
+16 Max Damage
+56 Damage Bonus
+12 Ring of Giants
+8 - Rending Tempest

Hunter's Quarry: 3d8 cold damage (13.5 avg, 1 attack must hit)
Swift Blade Style: 5 damage (Both attacks must hit)
Marked Scourge: 3 damage (One attack must hit)

Main hand + Off Hand (+Rending Tempest) + Main Crit + Off Crit (+Rending Tempest) + TWO Bonus Attack + TWO Bonus Crit + Swift Blade Style + Marked Scourge + Quarry + Quarry Crit

(0.85)*(56) + (0.85)*(55) + (0.95)*(4.5) + (0.10)*(0.95)*(4.5) + (0.10)*(132) + (0.10)*(131) + (0.95)*(8) + (0.10)*(0.95)*(8) + (0.10)*(0.85)*(69.5) + (0.10)*(0.10)*(149) + (0.95)*(0.95)*(5) + (0.9975)*(3) + (0.9975)*(13.5) + (0.19)*(10.5) = 164.07625
Sorry, but I forgot to add my cheese for my lvl 16 cosmic sorc build: 0@?
Sign In to post comments