Hall of Fame Nominations 2010

It is that time of year again. It is time for the community to nominate the Hall of Fame Class of 2010. This process will go on until at least December.

The process is simple but let me remind everyone. Each member of the community will nominate 5 people for Induction in to the Hall of Fame. The members of the Hall of Fame then vote on the nominees the community gives to them.
The top 3 nominees get a community vote to go into the Hall of Fame thus reducing the number of votes they need for induction into the Hall of Fame. Each Hall of Fame member only has 3 votes.

Remember threads are up at SWM Gamers, Bloomilk and Wizards. You may only nominate 5. You may only do this once. Any nominations with more than 5 or less than 5 will be invalidated. Any user that does this multiple times will have their nominations invalidated. So please just pay attention when making your nominations.

This is an exciting opprtunity to honor some folks that have given so much to the game we all love.

team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network

Reserved for Results

team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network

Shinja (Aaron Shockley): For creating and maintaining an additionally awsome site: BLOOMILK

sathenus For continuing with SWMM.

Mapmaker (Chris West) For creating great maps, he's really become a part of our community

Hothie For work on the orphan list

jedispyder (Chris Neal) an excellent and honorable player, generous and active trader and forgiving and an integrial part of our Cincinnati group

Trades: http://www.bloomilk.com/collection/viewtrades.aspx?id=221 I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Lackey - Bryan Creehan: A great guy doing different Star Wars RPGs and created some incredible customs to raffle off at release events and help working on the shirts as well.

Mapmaker - Chris West: What needs to be said about him. he has some great maps and has been a big contributor

Dvader831 - Ray Becker: Great guy and does a lot of work with gamers and the hall of fame website

The Madman - Bryan Moore: He taught me the how to play the game by brutally beating me into the ground and i know he has help start 2 of the dci areas around here for SWM

Jew3 - James Wyszynski: Great guy and have the pleasure of playing RPG with him over vassel and of course his minature record speaks for its self

Lacky:  A great guy doing diffrent Star Wars RPGs and created some incrediable customs to raffel off at release events and help working on the shirts as well. 

you got to do 4 more Re...
Trades: http://www.bloomilk.com/collection/viewtrades.aspx?id=221 I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.

Chuck Chauvin for his work at Atlanta Gamers

Hothie for his work with orphans and developing interesting custom scenarios

Lady Hothie for her efforts as a VCL, commitment to the game, and work on custom scenarios

Mapmaker for not only his maps, but his efforts to listen to fan feedback on his work

Shinja for his work on Bloomilk

Unfortunately, I'm only limited to 5, so maybe I'll talk to my better half about nominating some others...;)

In no particular order:
Klecser-for Strategy Showcases, and for growing the game in the NE area.
Knightswhosayni-for being the best player I've ever played against, and for doing well at big tourneys
Thereisnotry-for being the nicest guy in SWM (props to Dumbbell51974 for being a VERY close second, and for DVader831 for being an even closer 3rd in that aspect)
Mapmaker-for making great maps, listening to criticism, and being a great member of the community
Shinja-for Bloomilk

Here is a link to the Orphans list I maintain: http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm Life-sized Tile Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXn5ZwopPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64M5_J1JHs Geoncon08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srArBLLHYBQ

***************Votes updated*************

Lacky:  A great guy doing diffrent Star Wars RPGs and created some incrediable customs to raffel off at release events and help working on the shirts as well. 

you got to do 4 more Re...

yea i was told.  never really got into the hall of fame stuff till now becasue I think bryan really deservies it so I voted for him.  I updated my votes on gamers so i will do it here too
Here's my nominations:

Evotrooper:  Extremely generous player.  Has donated a huge amount of minis to my school club encouraging new and young players to get into the game and learn how to play honourably.  I haven't even met the guy, but he's sent me two boxes of stuff (half a country away) at his own expense.  If he ever makes it to Toronto, I will definitely invite him to have a beer and play a game.

Shinja:  Bloomilk.  I drink it up every day.

R5Don4:  Living astromech because he does everything.  Knows everything about the game, helps organize tournaments in my area, organizes and distributes custom maps, mentors other players on their game, donated a ton of pieces to my school club. 

Mapmaker:  I love the custom maps.

Bene:  Why do I nominate myself?  I don't know anyone else really well
Not on here much but here is my pair of dimes ^_^

* James Wyszynski ~ This guy, as well as a couple of others ^_^, was the main force behind teaching me how to play.  If it wasn't for him and Jake Schuler, i woudn't be playing, much less vice-president of my college's mini's club.

* Jake Schuler ~ See above for James ^_^

* Cathy G. ~ Don't know her personally, but if even half of the stories i hear are true than this lady deserves it!

* Darth Ted ~ Gotta have the fun vote in there somewhere, and to be honest...i don't think i know any more fun guys that i could vote for (Not to mention, he'll probably laugh when he sees this).

* Tim B. ~ Played against this guy multiple times, and i have yet to walk away dissapointed. 
  1. Chris West

2. Kecsler

3. Shinja

4. Nivuahc

5. Lady Hothie

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Aaron Shokley
Mike Fryda
Tim Ballard
Jason Bell
Jason Alvey
  1. Wedge Smith

2. James Wyszynski

3. Michael Fryda

4. Michael Head

5. Jonnyb815

1) Shinja (Aaron Shockley) - For creating Bloomilk, allowing SWM community to flourish using good/effective tool like Squad Building and open boosters.
2) Hothie - For maintaining the Orphan's list and generally a very helpful person
3) Mapmaker (Chris West) - His work is recognized by the community... the commitment of his work is his dedication towards the fans, players of SWM.
4) Admiral_Bossk - GREAT trader, but not only that, he's a very helpful and generous person to provide extra pieces for a new player at my LGS
5) klecser - For his helpful response when I've T.O'ed and judged my 1st sanctioned DCI tournament at my LGS

My Trade thread can be found here: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1142814 Proud creator of the myspace group, dedicated to SWM: http://groups.myspace.com/starwarsminiature Trading references earned, over 60+ WOTC refs in GTL: Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (1.0) / Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (2.0) / Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (2.1) Great traders: Admiral_Bossk (3x), eMouse, MandaloreTheFirst (5x), Vilrin (3x), swinefeld (2x), Phlash007 (2x), skilanky64 (2x), nuksaa (2x), Sith_Slayer (2x), Vlad9969, Darth Omron, Garc, Boba_The_Hunter, lordofnitril, ChuckaFett, darthkraft, AlexB1001, creme_brule, Chiech, RocWrangler, Phenix, hunter73, Markedman247, xwingmaster529, TenEyedMan, Bantha_Rawk, wampafang, monni316, Evil_Eater_of_Dream, thunderchunky11, lestiff416, DefenseRules, armoredgear7, Darth_Telson, Trey22, jafo17, Jedi_Tarja, Jankyplay18, TB5628, Banesbane, hothie, Revandarth, bandersnee, Chargers, Sejanus, Neifi Great dealers: Bo_Mastar, mandaloreresurrector, Madslaust, barzillai, Lone__Gunman, DaMegaFish, Dark_Jedi_21, Lambalazar, Max_Rebo, Leif_G Very helpful people: Trey22, Capin_ahab
Alright, updated once again. Thank you to everyone putting in your ideas for this next class! We have already surpassed the amount of nominations from last time, and we still have almost two weeks to go! Wonderful job!

Anyone else going to put in Nominations.  We are close to the deadline, and I hope everyone gets their opinions heard!
I nominate the following;
Biggsy (for great trading and helping me out with the forums)
Lord_Ball (for his constructive critique of my custom minis and stats and his own custom work)
Dendrite (for some great creative help)
Roquesaber (for his tireless assistance with custom stats, and great innovative pieces)
and finally,
Boss Nass (for his strength and determined attitude to complete a trade with me through his recent hardship. If that doesnt qualify for dedication to this game and its community members, i dont know what does!

Good luck to those i nominated and indeed to all prospective Hall of Fame candidates. I will eagerly await the results! Laughing
Kobayashimaru
I'll nominate later today if I have a chance.
I've been thinking about this a lot, and here are my nominations:

1.  Shinja (Aaron Shockley)--for all his work with Bloomilk, which is a fantastic resource for the SWM community, and also incredibly reliable.  It's pretty much daily use for me, and I think for a lot of people.

2.  Timmerb (Tim Ballard)--For winning the Jedi Challenge at GenCon and also for proving, in the wake of GOWK, tha Speedy Cannon is NOT a dead squad.

3.  Nivuahc (Chuck Chauvin)--For building up Atlanta SWM Gamers into the involved, known group that it is.

4.  JamesWys (James Wyszinski (jew3 on swmgamers))--For being the first ever to win two regionals, master of the mobile force push, and a heck of a nice guy

5.  Urbanjedi (Jason Kiernan)--For the tremendous amount of work he does as our shop's TO with scenario creation and growing the game in our area.
I'm nominating the "nice guy" squad:
Ray (DVader831)
Jason Bell
Boba52
Klecser
Jim Blakely

All of these guys are awesome, and they represent what should be the true nature of the game: fun.  I have enjoyed every game and interaction with all of them
Here are my nominations:
Klecser, (Mr Fryda) -for Strategy Showcases, and for growing the game in the NE area.
Knightswhosayni-(Mr Hansen) - Outstanding sportsmanship and outstanding player
Mapmaker- Obviously
Shinja-for Bloomilk
Hothie -

thought they don't count

Honorable Mentions
Ironlightsaber - puts more effort in VCL than I've seen since Lady Hothie and enriches the boards with pure awesomeness.
Lady Hothie - She used to do that, now she just does it on other forums.
dnmiller- fierce but fair player (I got to play him at gencon and the experience was humbling.)
Here are my nominations (hope these are still in time):

Jameswys :  Only 2-time regional champ and a nice guy.

TimmerB123 : Great player.  Won the most difficult regional (Chicago) in the presence of many HOF members with a professed "dead" squad (speedy cannon)

Jake Shuler :  Makes some great customs (even if I am still waiting for my 181st pilots) and really works to grow the game in the central michigan area

Headache : Always working the rules forums trying to teach people how to find the rules rather than just telling them the rule

Matt hanson : great player who has contributed much to the SW community
The nomination process will end at 9 pm CST on this coming Thursday, Dec. 3.  Thank you to everyone who has let their voices be heard!
Here are my votes
 Shinja-- For a great website in BLOOMILK
Mapmaker- His awesome maps
Klecster- All he's done for the community
James Wys---  same
Headache---Although sometimes he comes off a little rough, his knowledge of the game and willingness to help others has been impressive.... Most Impressive
Alright, thanks to everyone! The results have been sent to Dean, and now the final steps are in the hands of the current Hall of Fame members.