Mos Eisley Meltdown

Jedicartographer's next adventure will be 4 double sided maps that will be sold exclusively at Miniature Market.

There will be 4 double sided maps for a total of 8 maps.  Here is the lineup-

Mos Eisley Docking Bay 93/Yavin Ruins(AG7)
Mos Eisley Government Building/Yavin Ruined Temple(AG7)
Mos Eisley Market Place/ Outer Rim Fueling Station
Mos Eisley Residential Area and Cantina/ Star Forge

The Yavin Ruins by AG7 and the Star Forge are added maps outside of the Mos Eisley theme to round out the counts. 

As we draw close to the official start of preorders, It is time to reveal the first of the 4 Mos Eisley maps.

This map represents a neighborhood with houses, a cantina, and a few other buildings. The official title is "Cantina and Houses"

54d9d57e4e485892110a27160fc213c6.jpg?v=232800

Government Building

a65cda81c14758893df49c3891916852.jpg?v=232800

Marketplace

02df7847e982e5583ebff01d13c616f9.jpg?v=232800

Here is a look at the Outer Rim Fueling Station

Photobucket

Starforge

12cc2f23318e85af27a6b50d43ad2838.jpg?v=232800

Yavin Ruins

498569fe11115abb57e84a9227227bba.jpg?v=234000

Here is a look at one possible combination of all 4 Mos Eisley maps combined-

aca0bad7caecd96a5e477f01cb746ac5.jpg?v=232800

Stay tuned for pre-order information and map picture updates.

boba52-sig.gif; Get Map Pack 3 Here; Get Map Pack 4 Here

Nice maps!

How close are the sand tones on these maps to the official WotC-produced Mos Eisley maps?  Do they fit together pretty well?

Patryn of Elvenshae Want a character sheet for your starship? Download! Discuss!

Very nice!  Looking forward to the preorder.

Cool

Photobucket

Looks very cool...anxious to put my pre-order in too.

First pictures of Marketplace.  As you can start to see, all the Mos Eisley maps will connect very easily to each other to make larger maps.

Here is a early pic of AG7's Yavin Ruins.  As you can see, this will also easily attach to his earlier Yavin work.

Here is a very early look at JC's Star Forge map.  I am very excited about this one.  I got 8 bacta tanks JUST for this map! lol

They're gonna be so sweet. And SO many RPG opportunities. All the maps are great, but I personally am looking forward to a mongasso Tatooine play area.

Well, it's just the waiting, as far as I'm concerned! Like with any minis set - love the previews, but I'm just waiting to see these on the block so as to open the ol' wallet.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.

beauties... every single one of 'em ... can't wait to order!   I feel honored to have had a hands-on preview of the Outer Rim Fueling Station.

If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.

They all look great as usual.  I am looking forward to a massive Mos Eisley battle in the near future.  Nice variety of locales on the flip sides as well.

HI,

I just wanted to pop in while I had a chance and answer some questions. I have veryl limited access these days to the wizard forums so the best way to get hold of me is thought my work email. Matt.Francella@med.navy.mil

Do the sand textures match well with Wizards mos eisle map? marginally, yes. I had the map in front of me when I did the sand texture, but I'd say its pretty different. I's say good enough, but thats about it.

Hi back!

Why do you now have "limited access" to the Forums, and why has your avatar changed from Borg to looking remarkably like billiv15 with a dog?

I know that's kinda direct; but that's how I roll.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.

I got 8 bacta tanks JUST for this map! lol

Looks like you'll need to rebase them to make them fit...

Lovely map, though.

Preview of the Townhall!

And the crowd goes wild.  Very, very awesome!

Here's a look at one possible combination of the maps-

Surprised

And a loud, awed "ooooooooooooooooh!" rises from the crowd.

Definitely looking forward to these.

After seeing all of the maps together, all I can bring myself to say is "(a big) Wow!".

If there is a "Docking Bay 94" out there, will it fit with the maps as a whole?  If so, that would be awesome.

nice work!

If there is a "Docking Bay 94" out there, will it fit with the maps as a whole?  If so, that would be awesome.

I think Chris Preksta's DB94 will blend in quite well...

db94_preview.jpg

(NOTE: THE MAP ABOVE IS NOT PART OF THE MEM PACK)

What I like about the open edges design is the maps can be placed in any order and some can even be turned end to end for a lot of combinations.  No worries about doord lining up or anything.  Still plenty of cover and alternate routes.  Each one looks like it stands up pretty well on its own, too.  We already have some plans for a mass battle when these maps are out.  And lest we forget, there are four more goodies on the "backs".

Great idea and Good Work!

Nice to know.  Thanks NN.  I may have to get DB94 as well.  Mos Eisley isn't Mos Eisley without Docking Bay 94, Ya know.

Yeah, we are definitely looking forward to some mass battles on these maps soon. First up will be YV vs NR, cause we've been dying to do a YV mass battle. Then who could resist doing a "Capture the Droid" or tuskens vs jawas scenario?

Thank you so much JC for making these 4 maps that will fit together very nicely. It is something that we have been looking forward to for a long time!

Here is a link to the Orphans list I maintain: http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm Life-sized Tile Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXn5ZwopPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64M5_J1JHs Geoncon08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srArBLLHYBQ

Pre-orders are now up!!!!    www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/6483...

We’re ordering the maps today, so they will start shipping in about 3 weeks!

I don't know if anyone posted, but I the pre-orders are up. I think I might've gotten the first one! Woo-hoo! (The units available changed from 500 to 499).

EDIT: D'oh! Scooped!

11 preorders in half a day. Thats a new record for the Map Packs!remember to email me if you have any questions!

I will order some after talking to the group and seeing how many they want.

Here is a link to the Orphans list I maintain: http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm Life-sized Tile Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXn5ZwopPc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64M5_J1JHs Geoncon08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srArBLLHYBQ

WOO-HOO!! Finally! Placed my order.

Tatooine is such a great gaming place. This will be awesome.

The PCs in my Star Wars campaign are probably about to land on Tatooine; I wish I had these handy now.

Christopher West, Cartographer Maps of Mastery

Looks good Matt, keep up the good work. My speeder blends in well with it's surroundings. Laughing

lol, yeah it looks awesome! Your screen name is printed on the corner!

Please spread the word about the map pack! We had a great first week! The prookfs look fantastic. Best artwork I think I've done!

I'm salivating here, but I'm gonna have to wait at least a couple weeks to order one of these, what with Galaxy at War having just come out.  *whimper, whimper*

I know what you mean.  I'll have to wait probably until December to get my copy as well, for the same reasons. Frown  I bought a case of Galaxy At War too.

These maps look great, Star Forge Looks awesome. I have all your maps and u can count me in for these too. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!11

I pre-ordered mine.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Oh yeah, JC. My group loves all your maps, we're gonna have all kinds of fun with this one.

Got to play some games on the diner.  I love that map.  I can't wait to get the official versions.  Can't wait!!!

Wow! All of a sudden i can post back at wizards again! Weird.

Good news! The Maps left the printer yesterday from California and are on there way to Minaiture Market. They will arrive there on the 10th and start shipping in the following couple of days. That means the new maps will start hitting house within the next 2 weeks!

That's good news, JC.  The small images look great, but I'm sure do not do the maps justice.  Looking forawrd to a massive battle when I get these.

Hey JC quick question, I know that a littl ewhile back you were working on some scenarios for the maps, (being that I submitted some) I was curious if that was still part of your plans and if you were going to roll those out?

It's still on, however, I don't remember getting any actual scenarios yet. Perhaps we can post some of them in the forums?

I will shoot you an email, I sent you about 6 of them in July.

edit: though they will need to be cleaned up now that the maps are posted.

Maps have arrived and are going to packaged and ship in the next 2 days! The product has been renamed "Desert City Invasion", although we will always fondly refer to it as MOs Eisley Meltdown! We did this because we are making these maps official products of a store and we want to avoid any sanctions being dropped on us. NOBODY has threatend us with legal action or anything. We just want to keep things light and loose!

Here's the offical packaging for this set!