Compilation of Homebrew Classes

119 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was surprised not to see a homebrew Incarnate, or any of the incarnum classes on the front page, has anyone attempted to homebrew one of those classes yet? Just curious.
I was surprised not to see a homebrew Incarnate, or any of the incarnum classes on the front page, has anyone attempted to homebrew one of those classes yet? Just curious.

There's a few listed on the other compilation thread: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1022658
The Dragonrider is now a multiclass.
Sorry. Forgive my ignorance. I don't know how to insert a link, so I'll just post my class here:

Here is a paragon path for rogues as an answer to the fighter's pit fighter. I made a small change due to input. Any more input would be appreciated:

Pit Scrapper
“Where is the honor in passing up an opportunity.”

Prerequisite: Rogue Class

Like your pit fighter counterparts, you have learned the art of close-fighting in fighting pits, back alleys, cellars and sewers, realizing the benefits of fighting with small weapons in small spaces. You’ll never realize the glory of the gladiatorial arenas in the big cities, but you are famous in the smaller streets of smaller villages.

Pit Scrapper Path Features
Scrapper Action (11th level): Whenever you spend an action point to make an extra attack with your primary weapon, you can also make a second attack with your offhand weapon using any 1st level Rogue at-will attack that you know.
Bloodlust (11th level): Anytime you attack a bloodied enemy, you can score a critical hit with off-hand weapons on a roll of 19-20.
Blood craze (16th level): When you reduce an opponent to 0 hit points or fewer, the enemy closest to you with line of effect grants you combat advantage until the end of your next turn. (The enemy must have been capable of witnessing the kill.)

Pit Scrapper Exploits
First Blood
Pit Scrapper Attack 11
You drew first blood in this fight. What chance does this punk have?
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Minor Action * Melee weapon

Requirement: You must have just successfully damaged an opponent with a melee attack before that enemy damages you.
Target: The enemy you just damaged.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you and all your allies until the end of your turn.

Cornered
Pit Scrapper Utility 12
“Whatever you do, do not back him into a corner.”
Daily * Martial
Minor Action * Personal

Requirement: At the beginning of your turn, you must have no space adjacent to you that is not blocked or adjacent to an enemy.
Effect: You gain a +2 to attack and damage rolls until the end of the encounter.

Off the Wall
Pit Scrapper Attack 20
Springing off of the wall, you catch your enemy by surprise, hitting him where it hurts.
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action * Melee weapon

Requirement: You must be adjacent to both an enemy and a wall. That enemy must have an open space adjacent to him. You must be trained in acrobatics.
Target: The enemy mentioned above.
Special: Before your attack, shift to any space adjacent to the target and that enemy grants combat advantage to you until the end of your turn.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage
Miss: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, but no sneak attack damage.

Would like my (Primal) Elementalist added...
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=18796287#post18796287

Still WIP, but up through lv19 thus far, with associated feats and MC feats.
Ba-da-dump da-dump-bump dunnnn.

Dreadnought http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=18861033#post18861033

Martial Controller.

I suppose I could link the Marital Controller too, but that would be silly.
Resident Shakespeare
Working on a Necromancer BASE CLASS. This is far from finished, but I will be working on it. [thread=1208124]Link![/thread]

I believe it best belongs to WIP>>Controller>>Arcane, but that's up to you.
When your opponent says "whatever" you have won
You might wanna take off the trapsmith. It's going to be replaced really soon.
Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.
I'm working on a Samurai (martial defender) class. Link here.
Here's my Martial Controller: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1215458

It's based on the Warlord, with some tweaks to make it more controllery, and three summon powers added in just for the hell of it.
I've got the Shadow Dancer paragon path, and my own version of the Spellthief paragon path, mixed in with some other things, here...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1215597

Also, the iaijutsu master paragon path, and the iaijutsu multiclass options...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1215070
Here's my prototype Shadow Knight based of the concept from Aokarasu:
I'm workin on 2.0 right now

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1222668

could someone add my martial leader bard, please?

Help your local homebrewers! Post your stuff on the Wiki.

community.wizards.com/homebrewers

Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.

Here, add my class to the list.  Haha.  Hybrid Elite Warrior.  Martial Defender.  Its on the general wiki here.

Thanks, Jayfreedman.

Although made for the Valgora Campaign Setting, the four different Cavalier classes can be used in any setting/campaign that has an appropriate climate region for each class.

Just to say i posted a class in the House Rules & Hombrew forum. It's the Alchemist, if you wanna add it to this list.

Non-Final Fantasy based Dragoon.

Primal Striker

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Don't forget about the Ravenscarred race, the Raven Pact class build for Warlocks, and the Dreamweaver hombrewed class (A work in progress).

Resident Paladin of Insane Imaginations

PbP Haven Group (Relocated) & My Groups
If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Heroes' Last Stand; Worlds Abroad; City of Ruins
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Fable [4e] (Karinna, Dragonborn Warlord -- Lv. 1)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)
City of Ruins [Kobold City] (Karnat Lightsoul, Kobold Cleric -- Lv. 1)
City of Ruins [Frozen Citadel] (Xeadin, Human Paladin -- Lv. 1)

Mirthomir (Enara Harpsong, Eladrin Wizard -- Lv. 1)
Last Breaths of Ashenport (Malkary Runestone, Goliath Runepriest -- Lv. 8)
D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

D&D Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

The first post is very messed up right now, at least for me. To get to, say, the Leaders, I have to click Show 19 separate times, the headers (e.g. for roles) show up in the wrong places, there are [SBLOCK] tags showing everywhere... it's really bad. I don't know if it's the boards just not working well as usual, or if there's a specific tag that needs to be fixed or something, but is it possible to fix this?
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
I will try and fix this if I can.  It is just annoying.

I do want to say that he did a wonderful complation, and it is amazing.  I just could use alittle editing, but all the credit goes to brotherjgizmo.  All I did was fix his spoilers.

Here you go, but the biggest problem is the PPs and EDs.  They are all run together.

New Classes Homebrew version of Published Classes New Builds Works in Progress (as of Jan 29 forward) Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies
Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies
Paragon Paths
Chronowarrior (for Defenders) by Undrhil Dwarven Defender (for Dwarf Fighters or Paladins) by old_mcronald Dervish (TW Ranger or Tempest Fighter) by Dragon 9( Divine Slayer (Channel Divinity class feature; worship The Raven Queen; knocked unconscious by an undead of any type) by Undrhil Ritual Caster (Ritual Caster feat; trained in Arcana skill) by Undrhil Spellthief (Rogue and Wizard; Sneak Attack class feature) Undrhil True Necromancer (Cleric and Wizard) by Saric Oozemaster (Wizard; Orb implement) by Undrhil Devotee of Pelor (worship Pelor; Channel Divinity (class feature)) by Undrhil Fate Bender (Bard class) by Atrius2006 Spell Merchant (Wizard Class, Membership in the Spell Merchant Guild) by Atompenguin Knight Divine Tempus (any Defender class) by Undrhil Auspicious Opportunist (Wisdom 13, Charisma 13, Lucky) by ff6shadow Black Flame Zealot (Rogue with Cleric Multiclass Feat) by AxleLeft Dune Witch (Wizard or Cleric) by Stick_arq_Stones Bloodhound (Wizard or Cleric) by Sticks_Arq_Stones the Professor (Requisite: Leader or Controller class type and Divine, Psionic or Arcane power source) by Arakis Consecrated Harrier (Ranger, Cleric multiclass feat) by Axleleft Deepwood Sniper (Ranger Class) by Zetesofos Master Thrower (Rogue) by Zetesofos Paragon Ranger (Ranger) by Leichenreiter Shining Blade of Bahamut (Religion, lawful good alignment) by Axleleft Spellthief (Rogue) by machmoth Ocean Soul, Sidhe Courtier, Ur-Priest (Warlock, Warlock's Curse) by Wizardmon Drunken Master (Fighter) by ChrisTheS Naruto (No prerequisites) by PowerAttackForTwenty Favored Soul Paragon Fighter Paragon Paladin Enlightened Spirit Entropomancer Astral Disciple Chameleon Paragon Cleric Rainbow Servant Teratomancer Gnoll Claw Fighter Dark Templar Eldritch Ninja Nightshade Northlandish Master Hunter Bloody-Eyed Crusader Scrapper, Guardian Fencer, Bruiser Brute Soldier Child of the Merciless Sun Defender of the Primordial Way Gnome Champion Knight of the divine Shield Staff Master Cerebrex Dark Puppeteer Imperial Arcanist Dervish, Soldier of Light, Nightsinger Pyromancer Scholar of the Primordial Way Rose seeker Scion of Bael'Turath Seers of the Moon Tatoo Warlock of Thay Fatebound Astrologer Master Mechanic Plot's Conqueror Raven Priest Tactical Genius Drider Fallen Gambler Paragon Half-elf Monstrous Paragon Multi Class Paragon Path Necromancer Player Proxy Lich Summoner (wizard Class), avienlangley
My Blackguard class is posted here: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

And I'm currently working on the Elementalist Class here: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Oh, and my Crescent Blade: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
My failed attempt at a martial controller: the Gladiator class.

Im currently working on a revamped gladiator who is a defender, so some features, and some flavour/feats might be seen again.. enjoy!

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...(PEACH!!)?pg=1
I would like to bring some attention (and much needed critique) to my Geomancer conversion.

There is need for a new homebrew class compilation thread. I would recommend using the format in the other homebrew class compilation thread. Also, both need to be combined at some point. The reason why the formatting in this thread is so horrible is the lack of line breaks in the code (and the excessive spaces too, but that's less noticible). I will be basing the format from that other thread as I seem to have trouble getting sblock to work in the post previews it is better sorted. I am trying to clean up this thread and possibly combine the other thread. Someone who is active here should maintain the new compilation thread. I do not frequent this forum enough to be able to maintain it. I get the feeling the homebrew section doesn't get visited frequently.

What has been done:
New classes, homebrew versions of published classes, and post-29 Jan 2009 classes (only those from original post; no new classes added) sorted and merged

What needs doing:
Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies need formatting and sorting
Fix all typographical errors
Make seperate section for classes based off other material (Final Fantasy, Naruto, etc.)
Determine which classes are complete, in progress, abandoned, no longer available, etc. and mark/remove as neccessary

Power Source Key (based from the old compilation thread by Eldritch_Lord)
  • Martial
  • Arcane
  • Divine
  • Shadow
  • Primal
  • Ki
  • Elemental
  • Incarnum
  • Psi
  • Other

Completeness Classes, Paths, and Destinies...
  • ...with a full writeup and all of their powers (25-30 levels of powers for classes, all 3 for Paths, the 1 for Destinies) are marked with a C (for "Complete") after the link.
  • ...that are no longer being worked on (according to the creator or if they haven't been updated in a long time) are marked with an A (for "Abandoned") after the link.
  • ...without a blue marking are considered to be "Works In Progress."

New Classes

New Class Builds

Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies

While it appears many have done the same thing...
I have created a martial powered controller

here is a PDF of the Archer class

www.megaupload.com/?d=7TGDMF85

The archer makes use of the ranged 'volly'
which is a new game mechanic.(see below)

The PDF is complete with several powers at each level, feats, and paragon paths
It has been playtested through 6the level so far.

I would love to hear any feedback.

Thanks
[SPOILER]
VOLLEY
Ranged Volley [number]:
A volley is a special ranged attack that can only be made with a ranged projectile weapon that uses ammunition. The area of a volley is the indicated number of squares on each side and every square of the volley must fall within the normal range for the weapon used to make the attack. You may include any square you occupy as part of the volley area, but if you do so, you cannot target your own square. Your square is always considered the origin square of the attack; You must have line of effect from your square to the target creature in the volley, the target gains no cover benefit from intervening creatures but otherwise gains normal benefits from cover, concealment, and range penalties.

When performing a volley attack you cannot normally make more than one attack against the same target unless the power indicates you can do so. You need one piece of ammunition for each target, if you do not have enough ammunition you cannot make the attack. When making a volley attack, you must make a separate attack roll against each target in the volley, but you make a single damage roll that affects all the targets.

Some volley attacks may specify that they must be within a certain number of squares. In such a case, at least one square of the volley must be within the indicated range, but the entire volley area must still be within normal range for your weapon. If the volley creates a zone, the zone can remain effective only as long as at least one square of the zone is within the specified range and within line of effect of you at the end of your turn, if no range is specified when creating or sustaining a zone effect, then the range is assumed to be the normal range of your weapon.

Please add my Witcher class, based on The Witcher video games by CDProjekt and the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski.
Check out my homebrew Witcher class [Link] and my homebrew Samurai [Link]
Has anyone here made a dexterity based leader?
I have a player who loves the thief and loves the cleric, and would love to combine the two classes without using up all her feats. Has any done something like that?

Also, I would like to play a leader/striker whose leader mechanic is that for every X damage I deal I heal an ally within 5 squares of the target by amount y. I was thinking about asking my DM to allow me to take a houseruled feat for my invoker to do exactly that, but is this a completely new idea or has any1 made a class that heals this way? What is the best way to balance that (healing surge wise)?
It is btw based of WoWs Discipline Priest.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.
Please add my Arcane Archer. It is thoroughly awesome.
My homebrew world source book has five new classes, each with paragon paths and an epic destiny. They are good to go in any campaign world.
The classes are

Skirmisher (martial controller)

Alchemist (alchemical controller)

Brute (martial defender)

Psywarrior (psionic striker)

Champion (martial leader)

The original thread is here: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

The guide can be downloaded on EN World, here: www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-h...

Tanks!
It seems as though the OP has been screwed up?
Not sure if this will get a reply, but oh well, here goes.

Is there any limit on what kind of themes a class included in this list can portray?

I'm currently working on a Shadow Controller class, The Torturer.

The lore is essentially devouts of Torog creating their own branch of magic and spells to maximize the amount of pain and suffering their victims receieve.
It's largely based around spells that either deal ongoing damage or benefit from the target currently being under the effects on ongoing damage?

Would this be allowed in this list or is it too dark?

P.S I hope I don't come across as some deranged lunatic ( I swear I'm a nice guy really :P ) but I just thought a very sinister themed class like this might interest some people.
This feels like shameless self promotion, but for the sake of completion, here is my gunmage class thread. The version of the class in the thread is out of date, though.

Here is the up to date version (as of 12/18/2012) on GDocs. It's a fully playable heroic tier playtest.

The class isn't finished yet, but I'm making progress on paragon tier powers. After that, it's on to paragon paths.
Gunmage, a homebrew arcane striker. (Heroic Tier playtest ready.) GDocs link. (More up to date.)
More shameless self promotion, if you would like to add, I have created an alternative of the Sorcerer class.

The Mana-Scarred are those of the Skaran (the human's in my campaign world), who have been born blessed / cursed with magic literally flowing through their blood. They chanel the power of the storm and the gods through them by releasing the magic within using their sacred daggers.

I wanted something easy to play / create, but with a different feel, without it being completely new.

Check out the details of this (and other aspects of my campaign world) at skaranrpg.weebly.com/index.html (the PDF build sheet is available for download directly from the class section of the website).

More details other than the build to this class are coming, lifestyle notes and more, but feedback is always appreciated on this and any other aspects of my world...

Thanks.   

More shameless self promotion, if you would like to add, I have created an alternative of the Sorcerer class.

The Mana-Scarred are those of the Skaran (the human's in my campaign world), who have been born blessed / cursed with magic literally flowing through their blood. They chanel the power of the storm and the gods through them by releasing the magic within using their sacred daggers.

I wanted something easy to play / create, but with a different feel, without it being completely new.

Check out the details of this (and other aspects of my campaign world) at skaranrpg.weebly.com/index.html (the PDF build sheet is available for download directly from the class section of the website).

More details other than the build to this class are coming, lifestyle notes and more, but feedback is always appreciated on this and any other aspects of my world...

Thanks.   

Just as an update, the promiced article about Mana-Scarred life and society has been added, as promiced...