Compilation of Homebrew Classes

119 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please Tell me if I missed anything. No abandoned projects please.
New Classes

Homebrew version of Published Classes

New Builds

Works in Progress (as of Jan 29 forward)

Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies
Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies
Paragon Paths
Chronowarrior (for Defenders) by Undrhil
Dwarven Defender (for Dwarf Fighters or Paladins) by old_mcronald
Dervish (TW Ranger or Tempest Fighter) by Dragon 9(
Divine Slayer (Channel Divinity class feature; worship The Raven Queen; knocked unconscious by an undead of any type) by Undrhil
Ritual Caster (Ritual Caster feat; trained in Arcana skill) by Undrhil
Spellthief (Rogue and Wizard; Sneak Attack class feature) Undrhil
True Necromancer (Cleric and Wizard) by Saric
Oozemaster (Wizard; Orb implement) by Undrhil
Devotee of Pelor (worship Pelor; Channel Divinity (class feature)) by Undrhil
Fate Bender (Bard class) by Atrius2006
Spell Merchant (Wizard Class, Membership in the Spell Merchant Guild) by Atompenguin
Knight Divine Tempus (any Defender class) by Undrhil
Auspicious Opportunist (Wisdom 13, Charisma 13, Lucky) by ff6shadow
Black Flame Zealot (Rogue with Cleric Multiclass Feat) by AxleLeft
Dune Witch (Wizard or Cleric) by Stick_arq_Stones
Bloodhound (Wizard or Cleric) by Sticks_Arq_Stones
the Professor (Requisite: Leader or Controller class type and Divine, Psionic or Arcane power source) by Arakis
Consecrated Harrier (Ranger, Cleric multiclass feat) by Axleleft
Deepwood Sniper (Ranger Class) by Zetesofos
Master Thrower (Rogue) by Zetesofos
Paragon Ranger (Ranger) by Leichenreiter
Shining Blade of Bahamut (Religion, lawful good alignment) by Axleleft
Spellthief (Rogue) by machmoth
Ocean Soul, Sidhe Courtier, Ur-Priest (Warlock, Warlock's Curse) by Wizardmon
Drunken Master (Fighter) by ChrisTheS
Naruto (No prerequisites) by PowerAttackForTwenty
Favored Soul
Paragon Fighter
Paragon Paladin
Enlightened Spirit
Entropomancer
Astral Disciple
Chameleon
Paragon Cleric
Rainbow Servant
Teratomancer
Gnoll Claw Fighter
Dark Templar
Eldritch Ninja
Nightshade
Northlandish Master Hunter
Bloody-Eyed Crusader
Scrapper, Guardian Fencer, Bruiser
Brute Soldier
Child of the Merciless Sun
Defender of the Primordial Way
Gnome Champion
Knight of the divine Shield
Staff Master
Cerebrex
Dark Puppeteer
Imperial Arcanist
Dervish, Soldier of Light, Nightsinger
Pyromancer
Scholar of the Primordial Way
Rose seeker
Scion of Bael'Turath
Seers of the Moon
Tatoo Warlock of Thay
Fatebound Astrologer
Master Mechanic
Plot's Conqueror
Raven Priest
Tactical Genius
Drider
Fallen
Gambler
Paragon Half-elf
Monstrous Paragon
Multi Class Paragon Path
Necromancer
Player
Proxy
Lich
Summoner (wizard Class), avienlangley
You missed the fact that there was already one of these. Great minds think alike. it is a very good idea (one i wish i'd had) but there is already one.
I tried to find one where is it?
The problem with the other one is that it's in the wrong forum. It's in the 4e Multiclassing, Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies forum.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
More reason for this one to exist then :D
4e Classes Compendium

Here ya go. Save you some work.
Also my ooooold death knight should be killed. Let it die in honor!
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Um, I don't know if it counts because its race specific, but my Gargoylekin race thread has two Gargoylekin race specific paragon paths, the Stone Aviator and the Dread Sentry.
If you want to get real technical, there are 4 paragon paths within the tinker class as well as an epic destiny, and there is the beginnings of a very complex paragon path for the channeler.
(DELETE)
Honestly, I think this thread is fine. The other one should have been moved here, but since it hasn't, there is no reason not to have one for this forum. (even if you have missed most of my stuff. :D)

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Well give me the links and I'll add them.
If you want to get real technical, there are 4 paragon paths within the tinker class as well as an epic destiny, and there is the beginnings of a very complex paragon path for the channeler.

Since they are included in the class anybody who sees the class should see the PP, so no need to add them in my estimation
Added Trapsmith and Shadowcaster
A few things, First up, the link you used for my Lancer. That thread is no longer being updated. Yiou can find the new link in the same thread as the rest of my classes.

Second, for all of my classes, cvould you simply link to my thread, rather than the downloads?
Show
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1102449

Anyways it's looking good. Much more filled out. ALson, you'll find I have an unamed Work in Progress in my thread.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Hi brother, this thread is cool, i hadn't come across the other compilation thread that has been mentioned, i usually only visit this forum and the campaign one.

Was the Confessor you posted in the 'works in progress' sblock mine? if so; thank you, but the link isn't working. I also have a psi leader - the Navigator; there is a link in my sig

Keep up the good work :D
Added Trapsmith and Shadowcaster

Aww. Thanks. :D
Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.
This is going to sound weird, but I think it would be helpful if you posted the creator of the class after the name of the class link.

I might not be tempted by the sound of a Water Mage class, but if I hear it is by BobSmith, well then, heck, I bet it is worth a read. For example.

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"

"Your advice is the worst"

Ok, I'll start working on your suggestions as soon as I can
1)Fixed ff6shadow's links
2)Added Navigator (Placed it under Psionic instead of Psychic, hope you don't mind)and Fixed Confessor Link
3)Added most (if not all) Epic destinies
(Placed it under Psionic instead of Psychic, hope you don't mind)

I don't mind at all, in fact you've pointed out a mistake of mine that i have been neglecting i ought to go through and change it all to Psionic.
Can you delete my death knight off the list?
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

My Shaper class is complete and playable (though it's likely going to get a future revision, as I've since changed my unified concept of the psionics power source mechanics). Don't know how you want to categorize that.

The other two classes (Egoist, Soulknife) are "done" through 10 (which isn't really done, is it? Consider them "playtest" versions :P ) can be found in the (semi-outdated) link in my signature.

The "Uncarnate" Epic Destiny is available in either of those documents (assume the Telepath one is "more complete," though they're exactly the same).

There are four Paragon Paths available in the Telepath document:
  • Living Nightmare
  • Mindbender
  • Psychic Leech
  • Warmind

There are two Paragon Paths available in the Shaper document:
  • Ectoplasmic Adept
  • Erbauer

Note: I just realized that they're out of alphabetical order on the document. Grrr. One more reason to revise it, I suppose.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
1) Removed Dead Knight
2) Added Shaper, but not the paragon paths and Epic Destinies as they are contained within the class.
3) Added Demonologist
3) Added WIP Duelist
Added Brave Lancer
Added Dragon Rider
Added Werewolf and Deadknight
Added Trapsmith and Lich Paragon Path
Also take off my barbarian please.
MTG Card

Also take off my barbarian please.

No more barbarian
Thanks for putting this together and for including my project. Anything that gets more people to look at threads here and offer feedback is great.

One small suggestion: have you considered reducing the number of sblocks for the classes? There aren't terribly many classes right now, so I think readability trumps organization.

For example...

New Classes
New Classes
Controllers
Summoner (Arcane)
Time Mage (Arcane)
Lancer(Martial)
Trapsmith(Martial)
Shaper(Psionic)
Dread Necromancer(Shadow)
Shadowcaster(Shadow)
Tinker Class(New power Source)
Strikers

Dreadnought(Martial)
Ninja(Martial/Shadow)
Brave Lancer(Martial)
Duskblade(Martial/Arcane)
Battle Sorceror(Arcane)
Shapeshifter(Primal)
Monk(Ki)
Monk(Ki)
Channeler(New power source)

Leaders
Red Mage(Arcane)
Swashbuckler(Martial)
Telepath(Psionic)

Unclassified/Undefined Role

Historian(Martial)
Blue Mage(Arcane)
Demonologist(Arcane)
Gambler(Arcane)
Divine Agent(Divine)
New Shinobi(New power source)

This cuts down on clicks a bit, and I think it will be a long time until the lists get unwieldy. I realize it's a PITA to change though =\

truth/humor
Ed_Warlord, on what it takes to make a thread work: I think for it to be really constructive, everyone would have to be honest with each other, and with themselves.

iserith: The game doesn't profess to be "just like our world." What it is just like is the world of Dungeons & Dragons. Any semblance to reality is purely coincidental.

Areleth: How does this help the problems we have with Fighters? Do you think that every time I thought I was playing D&D what I was actually doing was slamming my head in a car door and that if you just explain how to play without doing that then I'll finally enjoy the game?

TD: That's why they put me on the front of every book. This is the dungeon, and I am the dragon. A word of warning though: I'm totally not a level appropriate encounter.

Another consideration might be adding the name of the classes creator beside the class. Nothuge now,but when you start getting lots of classes with the same name it could be usful.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Thanks for putting this together and for including my project. Anything that gets more people to look at threads here and offer feedback is great.

One small suggestion: have you considered reducing the number of sblocks for the classes? There aren't terribly many classes right now, so I think readability trumps organization.

For example...

New Classes
New Classes
Controllers
Summoner (Arcane)
Time Mage (Arcane)
Lancer(Martial)
Trapsmith(Martial)
Shaper(Psionic)
Dread Necromancer(Shadow)
Shadowcaster(Shadow)
Tinker Class(New power Source)
Strikers

Dreadnought(Martial)
Ninja(Martial/Shadow)
Brave Lancer(Martial)
Duskblade(Martial/Arcane)
Battle Sorceror(Arcane)
Shapeshifter(Primal)
Monk(Ki)
Monk(Ki)
Channeler(New power source)

Leaders
Red Mage(Arcane)
Swashbuckler(Martial)
Telepath(Psionic)

Unclassified/Undefined Role

Historian(Martial)
Blue Mage(Arcane)
Demonologist(Arcane)
Gambler(Arcane)
Divine Agent(Divine)
New Shinobi(New power source)

This cuts down on clicks a bit, and I think it will be a long time until the lists get unwieldy. I realize it's a PITA to change though =\

Well I chose this methods because if someone has a concept for a psionic controller he'll find it easier this way than having to click controlers and reading the parenthesis at the end of a class. Also color coding isn't good, it tires the eyes and colorblind people won't benefit from it.

Thanks for the suggestion though
Another consideration might be adding the name of the classes creator beside the class. Nothuge now,but when you start getting lots of classes with the same name it could be usful.

Will start Working on it.

Finished with first part will continue tomorrow (or later).
I am officially categorizing Dragonriders as Martial controllers. Also, I really don't mean to nitpick, but Dragonrider is one word for the class.
I am officially categorizing Dragonriders as Martial controllers. Also, I really don't mean to nitpick, but Dragonrider is one word for the class.

Placed Dragonriders under Martial Controllers and fixed the name.
*hopes this gets stickyied soon*
If somebody submits it to the VLC request thread in Community Business it should.
Moved the Beast Pact Warlock and New Shinobi to Works in Progress

Added the names of creators next to all clasess

Will begin adding author's names to PP's and ED's

Also: Aluman thanks for asking it be stickyed.
No problem BG, its a useful thread :D.