1001 Character Quirks

597 posts / 0 new
Last post
1799. A mild obsession with socks. Has to have a clean pair every day, throws them out as soon as they develop holes. Rest of outfit can be in shambles as long as socks are intact. Claims it's a "comfort issue".

1800. A sports fan. That is, a fan of every sport every created. Has several ranks in Knowledge (Sports). Makes an attempt to see any sporting events nearby.

1801. Refuses to carry gold; came from a tribe that considered it a cursed metal. Has no problems with silver, copper, or gems.

1802. Morbid obsession with suicide. Not suicidal himself, but considers it a "fascinating phemonena".

1803. Must eat meat with every meal, even if it's only a tiny square of beef jerky.

1804. Only eats with his off-hand, claiming the blood he's drawn with the other would spoil his meal.

1805. Always carries the longsword he was given after he became a man in the eyes of his tribe; can't use it worth a hill of beans.

1806. Refuses to be seen in public without a hat.

1807. Hates having his bare feet touched. Considers them to be unclean; will never touch another's feet. Actually becomes nauseous if either happens.
I got this idea from listening to a D&D podcast. Warlocks and the like get abilities like 'of doom' and 'of madness', but martial actions get very dry names like power attack.

1808) A martial character with dramatically renamed abilities. Power attack becomes Executioner's Hack. Spring attack becomes Wild Wind Fang. Say what you want about D&D becoming 'too anime' but you should exclaim these attack names (on significant rolls only) because it's memorable and because otherwise they will never come up in play. "Rage of the Manticore!" (Manyshot)
1771. A Druid who always carries a ouch of seeds everywhere to plant flowers and trees all over the world. Also collects new seeds whenever possible.

johnny appleseed?
I had a gnome bard who did this one.

1809 (i think)

When using 'speak language/speak with animal' spells he would have conversations not pertaining to party specific goals.

addicted to setting off thunderstones in the middle of the night

he yells everytime he talks

still trys to sing a song of competentce when trying to move silently.
1785: Throws him/herself into a deep chasm whenever she/he gets an answer incorrect, even if it is an opinion.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
1813 ; pays to have scribe follow the party and write down and recorde the victory as it was him who single handedly saved the day. The scribe writes down no losses.

my charecter vladimorne did that for a while.. then he fired him.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

CORRECT!!!
You win...um, NOTHING!!!
YES! I've always wanted this! First, I'd like to thank the Boards, without whom I would never have been able to answer that question because it would never have been posed. I'd also like to thank the cast of Monty Python and the Holy Grail... I told myself I wouldn't cry...

Anyway, the latest character "quirk" I worked with (and am working with) was a Warforged who had actually been operated on while he was sentient and conscious (Githcrafted after being taken hostage by githyanki on the Astral plane). It has undoubtedly caused some trauma.
1814) takes awkward large steps so he has a smaller chance of activating traps.
1815) wards his home with traps and spells, forgets where he places them.
1816) makes his own sound effects when fighting.
1817) takes lame pose (ginyu force/power rangers) after completing attack action.
1818) A orc barbarian who only trusts anything by how far he can throw it. He considers anything he cannot throw evil.
1819: A Warforged Cleric "Heal-bot" complete with coin slot and digital sounding voice. "Please insert 10 gold pieces for 'Cure Light Wounds'...

1820: Warforged Bard w/ the Polyglot Feat: 'Proficient in over 3 million forms of communication'

1821: A man missing his left arm. He is always on the run because he seems to be blamed for everything.
(ala: It wasn't me, it was the one armed man!!)

1822: A vile, evil, disgusting albino drow who has learned to blame all of his evil deeds on his one-armed companion.
1823) (A.K.A. 101b) for a male character: believes that all women are perverts that are out to get him:D .
183. A paladin who's afraid of the dark... He never goes anywhere without his best friend, a shadowcaster... lol.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg)

1825: Monk, who once he/she reaches enlightenment (lvl 20), he/she realizes the apparant truth of the world, goes insane and becomes a barbarian. FoB + rage

1826: A blind gnome, who cops a feel on everyone he meets. knows people by their genitalia

1827: a high charisma character obsessed with the psychology behind people actions. prefers to torture or humiliate rather than kill.

1828: Familiar on a staff, with sheath, uses it as a weapon.

1829: Half ogre with gnome and halfling friends. throws them at people. halfling is a monk, gnome is a ranger.
1830: A half-orc barbarian with decent charisma. Dresses like a savage, but enjoys a "spot of tea" when the party is resting, opens doors for women, speaks politely, and with near-perfect grammar. Probably has a single-syllable name like Krog, Grok, Drekk, Vruk, etc...
"Excuse me, sir, I do believe I've smashed your skull."
My Deviant Art What the heck is Master_Vega actually working on, anyway? The D20/Haul project. Projects on the back burner (not actively designing, but still taking ideas): 1. D10-based in-depth tactical game (post-apoc) Making classes/adjusting weapon stats. If you have any questions or comments on my projects, please PM me. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
1831. A character I actually ran once, while the player was out of town.

Female halfling rogue who is always eating a chicken drumstick. As in, when our characters where captured and stripped of everything, the DM passed me a note saying that I had a chicken drumstick in my hand all of a sudden and I felt really hungry. When the character slept, she kept on sleep-eating her chicken.

Apparently, the running joke started just because the player, in the first session, pickpocketed a farmer and just kept picking out chicken drumsticks. So anytime the party wasted time from then on, he'd just say "Clara's just eating chicken.".
1830: A half-orc barbarian with decent charisma. Dresses like a savage, but enjoys a "spot of tea" when the party is resting, opens doors for women, speaks politely, and with near-perfect grammar. Probably has a single-syllable name like Krog, Grok, Drekk, Vruk, etc...
"Excuse me, sir, I do believe I've smashed your skull."

1832. Something a little similar... lol. A halfling barbarian with one level of rogue, with 18 intelligence... lol.

1833: A character that always claims to be a resurrected version of himself from a different era. I have a character like this in my game. He's loads of fun to play with, even though he doesn't really know the rules.
1834. A D&D character who thinks he's a Jedi... lol.

1835. A D20Modern character who thinks he's a Jedi.

1836. A savant gnome. Doesn't talk (grunts for verbal components), manages to be able to dress himself and tie his boots, is completely oblivious to social situations... but really likes to "fix" stuff. For instance, the party's fighter awoke one morning to find his sword cut better than usual. It was later identified by a wizard to have the "Keen" enhancement.
My Deviant Art What the heck is Master_Vega actually working on, anyway? The D20/Haul project. Projects on the back burner (not actively designing, but still taking ideas): 1. D10-based in-depth tactical game (post-apoc) Making classes/adjusting weapon stats. If you have any questions or comments on my projects, please PM me. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
1835. A D20Modern character who thinks he's a Jedi.

1837.A Jedi who thinks he's a D&D character who thinks he's a d20 modern character

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
1838. A bunch of halflings who, despite rumors, hate lollipops, and are not affiliated with any guild involving them...

1839. A golem who claims to be a woodcutter (though that's doubtful considering the size of his axe), who wants a heart, preferably an elf's... lol.

1840. A dire lion who is always at least shaken, so he wants some courage... Apparently he can't become a paladin due to alignment...

1841. A witch who is obsessed with a pair of red shoes that some commoner found... She'll do anything to get them, including sending flying monkeys...

1842. A character I'm currently working on... A halfling barbarian who collects books, even though he can't read any of them... Also, he has an 18 Intelligence... lol.

1843. Scholarly Barbarian/Wizard/Rage Mage who freaks out when you destroy any sort of book, artifact, relic, etc...
1844. Try to taste everything you come across (I used my monk for this once who had a really high fortitude and got some weird diseases and resistances)
Hey i'm a new player and i was wondering if somebody could email me the basic rules for character creation. That would be awesome.
# 1845: Is obsessed by keeping his identity hidden: Never tells his real name, never walks without a mask and so on.

# 1846: Is ALWAYS hungry

# 1846 bis: If there's no food, eats everything he can find

# 1847: Talks to his sword ("Ehy, you've been great versus those fu***ng kobolds")

# 1848: Hypocondriac (He's obsessed by not getting a disease)

# 1849: Is soooo good that he thinks that even the monsters are good, and alsays tries to share a cup of tea with 'em before killing.

# 1850: He reads to every monster his rights before trying to arrest him (must be legal)
1851: believes a green puppet frog is going to kill him in his sleep.

I did that in 2nd edition
1852: EXTREMELY trusting Wizard/ Sorcerer (READ: Low Wisdom) with a familiar as parinoid as Dispater.
I played a priest that was terrified of blood so whenever he saw it he had to make a constitution check. If he failed he would pass out. To counter this the DM made my heals more effective. It was always a huge bag of laughs for me, and a huge pile of stress for the rest of the party. Oh, also, he had a fetish for dwarves but couldn't tell the difference between male and female dwarves so he hit on every one of them he came across. Most fun I've ever had RP'ing.
I was just thinking the other day of a new character to make, and I came up with this...

1854. A half-dragon wizard whose nickname is Bookwyrm...

1855. Always sees it fit to run into danger no matter what it might be.

1856. Uses spells to annoy his friends hurting them or not.

1857. Is blind and not willing to use a walking stick or let people guide him.

1858. A sorcerer who has taken a vow of silence and won't take a feat to let him cast the spells he might need.

1859. A female character who always insists on selling "Girl Scout Cookies" Whatever those are.

1860. Always looks for the easy way out of battle without using many spells. (Ex. I used Deep Slumber to put a 10 HD creature to sleep causing all the other creatures to run in fear except for the brave orc. I feel bad cause we sorta had like 25 guards helping us.)
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Wizard.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? -

1861. I'm in the middle of creating this character after telling a friend about it... A cleric with the Death and Healing domains... He flips a coin to decide whether to heal, or "put them out of their misery" and turn them into zombies... Soon the whole party (what's left of it) will be "I only need a bandaid!!!" He's well liked in places with lots of warriors who do nothing but fight, because either way they can get back to fighting...

1. Name pets/companions/items/henchmen all the same name until they correct you or disapear at which time find a new thing to call by that name ( Lucy VII is my fire drake, Lucy VI was my Slave, Lucy V were my night vision goggles)  

2.  Display animal like qualities such as chewing on random thing, growling, borrowing holes for sleeping, or scratch ears with feet

3. Always Hagle endlessly over every item

4. offer very low bribes to every enemy before engaging in battle raise the price with every hit they
make

5. When at a pub order mixed fruity drinks act outraged if the drink is not availible

6. Relate everything to how your parents died

7. as a theif when I pickpocket people I place random items into thier pockets such as a thank you note, a sketch, a stick, a pebble, ashes, teeth, or an item you took from the last person i pickpocketed

8. speak piglatin

9. never make it clear if you are a guy or a girl

10. Carry a bag of salt which you use as soap

11. terrified of bubbles and butterflies

12. make non-effective voodoo dolls of party members you don't like

13. insist on giving a formal burial to anything you kill

14. miss pronounce the letter K but have no problem with C

15.  add an extra syllable to name when you accomplish a goal

16. become an underwater basket weaver

17. whenever a fight begins suggest playing a game instead of fighting

18. carry around a bag of peanuts and offer them to vicious wild animals without fear

19. as a gnome with a hat of disguise i masquerade as a poor orphaned injuried child and beg on the streets

1. Name pets/companions/items/henchmen all the same name until they correct you or disapear at which time find a new thing to call by that name ( Lucy VII is my fire drake, Lucy VI was my Slave, Lucy V were my night vision goggles)  

2.  Display animal like qualities such as chewing on random thing, growling, borrowing holes for sleeping, or scratch ears with feet

3. Always Hagle endlessly over every item

4. offer very low bribes to every enemy before engaging in battle raise the price with every hit they
make

5. When at a pub order mixed fruity drinks act outraged if the drink is not availible

6. Relate everything to how your parents died

7. as a theif when I pickpocket people I place random items into thier pockets such as a thank you note, a sketch, a stick, a pebble, ashes, teeth, or an item you took from the last person i pickpocketed

8. speak piglatin

9. never make it clear if you are a guy or a girl

10. Carry a bag of salt which you use as soap

11. terrified of bubbles and butterflies

12. make non-effective voodoo dolls of party members you don't like

13. insist on giving a formal burial to anything you kill

14. miss pronounce the letter K but have no problem with C

15.  add an extra syllable to name when you accomplish a goal

16. become an underwater basket weaver

17. whenever a fight begins suggest playing a game instead of fighting

18. carry around a bag of peanuts and offer them to vicious wild animals without fear

19. as a gnome with a hat of disguise i masquerade as a poor orphaned injuried child and beg on the streets

Sign In to post comments