1001 Character Quirks

597 posts / 0 new
Last post
928: Thinks ladders are for wussies, refuses to use them, opts for his grappling hook instead

929: Rogue who is obsessed with stealing nice-looking doors

930: tall character who is afraid of halflings

931: character claims to be really evil, but is bad at it and can't get more evil than CN

932: Character who's accent seems to change on a daily basis
So would that be Danglish?

Actually its a fairly common thing to call it Denglish here (because of an old tv-show), great minds think alike, huh?
----------------

933. Halfling makes good use of his Weapon Focus (Sling) using the Psions psicrystal as a bullet (it flies, right? So it'll be a returning missile).

934. Said Halfling constantly tries to get the psicrystal enchanted.

935. Narcoleptic... with insomnia
936: Orc (or half-orc) char hates elves so much that he/she cuts off his/her nose because he/she can't even stand the smell of elves; doing so starts a cult similar to the Eye of Gruumsh, but its ritual is the cutting off of the nose.

937: (inspired by Aqua Teen Hunger Force) PC claims to be a vampire, but, when asked why they have no signs of being a vampire, they claim they are a "Reverse-Vampire." Supposedly "Reverse Vampires" uncontrollably crave the sun, sleep at night, and love garlic, but they still drink blood. It remains to be seen if the PC can create Reverse Vampire Spawn.

938: PC has some rare disorder which causes them to write and read everything as though it were a mirror image. Things the PC writes have to be looked at using a mirror for others to read, and the PC has to look at normal text with mirror to be able to easily read it.
I hope these quirks help. I haven't gotten the chance to read all of the replies, so im sorry if I repeated any from the thread.

939) Has a lazy eye.

940) Same as 939, but the eye that is lazy is not always the same.

941) Has a hump on his shoulder.

942) Same as 941, but hump is not always on the same side.

943) Same as 940 or 942, but gets violent when someone mentions the switch.

944) Shouts out in pain whenever he/she hears the word "it" or some other word of the player's choice.

945) Half-giant who believes he is a halfling, insisting that he is shorter than everyone else.

946) Talks with an accent that changes every few sentences.

947) Thinks he is speaking in another language, but is really speaking common.

948) Beleives he has animal empathy, but can only agravate animals into attacking him.
946 is a repeat
949. Has been dubbed 'meatshield' as he uses a ring of regeneration as his way to pass traps....

950. Goes into a rage similar to the one of a barbarian whenever they see someone wearing green. They'll try to get into mélêe with this person ASAP and can't stop fighting them until one of them is dead or unconciouss.
i like the idea of tatooing runes when you commit an evil act...

951. prays for the corpse of every person who dies, friend or foe (and may the beholder's spirit find peace in the afterlife...)

952. rogue thinks its funny to leave caltrops in random doorways, uses sleight of hand to avoid people noticing him do it in public

953. fighter prefers to pick up random objects (rocks/chairs/tables/torches/treasure chests) to his sword (which he never really liked)

954. as 953, but with the backstory that he is a drunk and loves barfights, use barbarian character rules, but only let him go into rage if hes had enough to drink

955. chaotic good fighter prefers to wear a thick black cloak, and dye his spiked armor black. he insists it helps him keep warm.

956. ranger is afraid of directly attacking any creature native to materiel plane. if he must harm it, he will do so indirectly (shooting the string holding the anvil over the creature's head)

957. cleric has god's holy symbol tatoo'd on his face. tatoo covers entire face.

958. sorcerer claims he is a wizard. pretends to study his spellbook every morning.

959. wizard claims he is a sorcerer, and only studies his spellbook in private. if he cannot do so in private, he a) claims hes just reading it because he's bored or b) doesn't read it at all and claims hes not feeling well, and can't cast

960. half-orc doesn't understand the difference between races of similar size (ie, humans = elves, gnomes = halflings). Half-elves particularily confuse him, as he doesn't understand how one can be two halves of the same thing and not the same as one of it (if that makes sense...like half human/half human should be just a human right?!)

961. half-orc falls in love with halfling

962. gnomish tinkerer teams up with half orc fighter, and creates a mounted cautapult for the halfling rogue. The halfling sits in the catapault, which rests on the half-orcs back. The half orcs pulls a lever reall hard, which generates propulsion. the gnomish contraption enhances the compulsion, sends halfling flying through air. halfling is trained acrobatic theif and does neat moves in the air usually ending by stabbing the target on the way down

unfortunatly half-orc has bad aim, and often sends the halfling into a wall, or other nearby person/object
~rawr
963) A fighter with ranks in knowledge that out of nervous habbit makes long speeches on the subject when in combat ('" Well you see *dang* after the first hunder yeras the Analian empire *whoosh* became corrup and its clergy *slash*....oops I did not get to finsih")
964) A druid that loves civilisation the way some people like to travel... and has a collection of civilised commodities a souvenirs ( glass marbles? Pass to enter the gates?)

This was my first post on these boards! This is the best therad I have ever seen...
964: Greater Weapon Specilisation, Cream Pie. Courtesy of a fighter clown with ranks in tumble, performance, and disguise.
A sorceror that pretends to be a barbarian so he can get discounts at the barbarians shops

A multiclass low level wizard/bard pretending to be a well-known fighter.

The Vegetarian Cleric that wants everybody stops eating meat and enjoy Tofu.

A Cleric of a forgotten god who has granted him the domains of Clumsiness and Stupidity

The half-orc that is avoiding to marry a female troll, because he loves...a female dragon!

A female half-elf pretending to be a handsome elf warrior.But she cries everytime she breaks a fingernail
816: .
820: An evil character who kills Spiders because her loves Butterflies so much (I think this is an anime referance, cant remember which show though)..

Trigun

971- A very polite assasin who send a letter to his victim 24 hours before he assasinate them.

972- a character who "smoke" with an ever-smoking pipe and keep on sending his smoke in the face of the other people around.
-973 same smoker, use smoke letters to comunicate.

-974- just like my sig: use a bow/gun/crosbow like a stick/club to fight.
-975- Bard use very unusual/custom made instrument

976- is an very old, cranky man who beat the bloody **** out of anything who dare touch his garden with a rusted shovel.

977- a war-mage who use his steel-plated spellbook to bash monsters around with the "power of education"

978- characters is always using the other pcs weapons instead of his own.

979- char always carry a bottle of ale with him.. just in case.
980- char is a sworn Hedonist

981- char is a caster who just LOVES bestow curse, and is experimenting a lot with it, he keeps monsters alive just to curse them as many time as possible with inventive and creative curses.

982- char use mage hand to play tricks on people (flying fork and stuff)

983-char cast light on everything. Favors underwear, weapons, forks, spoons and door handles.

984- character tries to avoid to walk as much as possible, prefer to climb and jump instead. (work well in cities and forests)

985- druid like to give a "friendly" *rusting grasp* tap on the back of armored ennemies.
986) She is always checking her nails, before and after battle, just to check if they are in tip-top condition.
987) Is an aspect of a God who completly goes against his gods morals and beliefs...
"Those heathens, I will smite them all!"
"Wait a minute, the slaughter of innocents bothers you, but your Eryth..."
"LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
[color=Navy]"And while we're on the subject, why do you have a paladins mount?"
[/color]
988) I completly and iredeemably evil, yet never gets to do anything because her guardian angel keeps on 'saving' her when she is about to commit an evil act.
989-to make extra gold the characrer is a salesman for a large equipment store whenever alies miss says "that wouldnt happen if you got your weapons from bobs"

990-same but actually sabotages others equipment

991-has knowledge "Public Relations" makes all decisions about party questing by how it will reflect on the party as a group and how they affect the common good
992- cahracter is always carrying lots and lots of healing stuff, bandages ect

993- character start to cry/enter a rage when injured

994- char is always carrying a spare of everything, spare full plate, spare greatsword, spare horse, spare tools, spare food...

995- char is a caster who likes to "awaken" every possible plant and animal just for fun.

6 to go!
996 be a barbian gnome who rides a frog
997 same above but instead of frog hamster

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
born in an all-fighters elven clan, she wants to become an illusionist, so she pretends to be studying at the Bard's Guild "only to get that Perform Skill to torture the evil orcs"

One day this gnome stole a pice of cheese so the evil wizard curse him, and now his ears are made of stinky cheese, and is afraid of rats.

He is a low level wizard who has escaped from an evil place but he has lost his shadow.

He is afraid of being turn into a watermellon, so to avoid that fate he ends every phrase with "what?" and must rub the back of any dwarf he sees.
:OMG! Wow...

"ENEMY DEFEATED!"
XP: 1001
GP: 0 (what, you thought this thread was worth something?)
Special: Some repeats, but as the count goes I believe this is it. Congrats! Good work. I realize I didn't contribute as much as many, but I still feel a proud bit of accomplishment. Pat yourselves on the back. One thousand gold to the man who brings me a single post with all of these in them, and who has checked and marked the repeats!
must keep going

1002 rub the head of every clierc he/she see or thinks he/she wil be killed by aswarm of flying monkies

Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
unlucky for you i have nothing to do and the day off.
1003. Chaotic Evil character is 'saved' from every evil act they attempt to do by the (PC) Solar who is doing their 'community service'
1003. Chaotic Evil character is 'saved' from every evil act they attempt to do by the (PC) Solar who is doing their 'community service'

I hate to make a fuss, but...

988) Is completly and iredeemably evil, yet never gets to do anything because her guardian angel keeps on 'saving' her when she is about to commit an evil act.

1004.) Believes that magic should be used for knowledge and defense, and that using magic to attack and hurt others is an act of evil.
(Damn, I knew it sounded familiar) 1003. Plays pranks on random victims, these tricks involve wicked weapons, bad illumination, evil grins and the use of their HUGE bonus to intimidate checks.

1005. Person from 1003 pays his victims handsomely (if they don't die from a heart attack first (Intimidate... nat. 20)) for the fun, masterwork items and minor artifacts are not rare among these gifts.

1006. (Rogue/Bard/sneaky guy) steals the items given to anyone through 1005, sells it to the person who gave it for a pretty coin.

1007. Starts a mafia of sorts, organizing the crime in an entire country. This includes secure communication, secret meetings as well as 'honest' investments. When asked why he/she did it they shrug and say: "It's something to do,"
1008 Not sure this was mentioned, and I know the mark has been met, but we were talking at lunch, and this came up...

Bard, with low (maybe 8) Cha, and terrets (Not sure how to spell it). Would be interesting to hear him sing, and then just start to swear. Maybe lose control adn bust the strings on his lute. Or just cuss at the royalty while trying to get information. The role playing possibilities are endless, and will keep you laughing all night long.
1008 Not sure this was mentioned, and I know the mark has been met, but we were talking at lunch, and this came up...

Bard, with low (maybe 8) Cha, and terrets (Not sure how to spell it). Would be interesting to hear him sing, and then just start to swear. Maybe lose control adn bust the strings on his lute. Or just cuss at the royalty while trying to get information. The role playing possibilities are endless, and will keep you laughing all night long.

Nothing personal, but I think the Bard with Terets is becoming a cliche like Drizz't... :P

1009: Can read many languages and has a different pair of spectacles for each.
1010: Has a long thin beard that he takes much pride, washing and combing for at least an hour each day.
1011: Wears armour with a skeleton theme (skull-like helmet, ribcage pattern on breastplate, etc) yet is LG.
1012. Is a warlock who poses as a sorcerer/bard to fit in. Explains the lack of verbal components/exhaustion of spells poorly.
1013: Unless otherwise needed, perpetually has a finger in his/her nose.
1014: Steals lochs of hair from those he combats (like the skinny guy from Charlie's Angels)
1015: has numerous locks, latches, Stones of Alarm, and Glyphs of warding on his backpack. (Damned rogue, I'll show you...)
1016: Major, I mean Serious mood swings, not just easily pleased and angered, like, roll percentiles for what emotion comes up next.
1017: Panicks whenever something flies by (arrows, birds, bugs, pots and pans, the imp, etc.)
1018: is constantly blowing all his/her money on drugs and alcohol.
1019: Is constantly trying to get the party members to try a drug or brew.
1020: is incurably addicted to some non-addictive substance (gimme my potion of stealth man! It's my fix!)
1021: Thinks some long-dead famous bard is still alive. (Elvis?)
1022: Thinks creatures who resemble Changelings from Eberron kidnapped him and fled with him to the moon on a grandiose glowing flying metallic hat. Has been talking about it ever since.
1023: Recieves messages from the rocks he steps on despite lacking any appropriate spells to accomplish this. (Pardon my dust... Never take a rock for granted... Mind your step... Stuck between a rock and a hard place...)
1024: Must wash his/her armpits every chance he/she gets.
1025: Thinks it's splendid fun to leave bite marks on the bar at the inn...
1026: Can't understand the concept of good and evil.
1027: Has a dirt fetish. Life goal: See the underdark!
1028: Three words: What About Bob? There's a movie chock full of ideas...
1029: must lick his sword clean after every battle. If he fails his concentration check, he takes 1D4 damage from nicking his tongue.
1030: Constantly pops and cracks his knuckles (all 16 per hand), back, neck, jaw, knees, toes, ankles, wrists, elbows and shoulders. (This is one of my quirks in real life. I should know how many places just per hand can be popped)

Gads... Humans have a lot of quirks. (I'd hate to be a gnomish or dwarven psychologist)
@ slayer of angels: I can find 14 places on each hand; mind listing them (I need to know!)? And I have the same quirk, except only with my neck (I have even learned how to do it so it sounds like a breaking neck, freaks the girls in my class out)
These two are for Tanagh, a barbarian that I'm planning on writing up for D&D:

1031: Cremates the bodies of fallen warriors, both friend and foe, with the weapons they wielded in life, so their souls can battle their way up the Mountain of Doom where his god resides without being devoured by the demons that guard it.

1032: Paints his face ghost-white when going to war.
1033 - Convinced there is a secret kobold conspiracy to rule the world from the shadows.
1034 - Only speaks through raven familiar. If it's to complex for the raven to understand it isn't worth saying.
1035 - Believes group is haunted by the spirits of those they kill; uses illusion spells to try to convince others of this belief.
1036 - Constantly tries to fake own death and come back to the party as a "ghost"
1037 - Has an old musty tome which is actually 1001 Tasty Recipees for Chicken written in Draconic. Consults this constantly to cast spells or do "research".
1038-- A teetotaling Dwarf or other stereotypically booze-loving race and/or class who is trying to get prohibition laws passed. :D

1039-- Said character could be a BBEG out to monopolize the moonshine market...

1040-- Character has made up his own theme song and likes to hum it at various intervals, ala Kronk from Emperor's New Groove :D
Haven't read the entire thread. If these have been posted before feel free to never read any of my posts ever again on principle.

1041. Character strips all the bedding of beds and sleeps on the boards. Will still complain if party wants to sleep outside.

1042. Character is only adventuring to increase status in hometown/city where he hopes to become mayor (or whatever). Tries to ensure that all his actions work towards this goal. What eventually starts out as a clever albeit cynical trait ends up absurd as he becomes powerful and rich enough to take the place by force/ buy it outright, but doesn't.

1043. (Variation of above.) Character plots continuously but always waits for everything to be perfect, by the time it is the opportunity has passed and so he never actually acheives anything.
@ slayer of angels: I can find 14 places on each hand; mind listing them (I need to know!)? And I have the same quirk, except only with my neck (I have even learned how to do it so it sounds like a breaking neck, freaks the girls in my class out)

Maybe he has some way of cracking his wrist too (But that's just a guess and it would only bring the total up to fifteen anyway)
Has numbers 1 through 1043 as quirks

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
1044 Carries around a magic scroll, which contains all knowledge ever gathered by sentient beings, and a bit more. consults this before and after every encounter.

1045 Claims to be on a research mission, occasionally will write upon scroll.

1046 is an ogre. and a pirate. pretends to be muscle with little brains. is actually the smartest in the group.

1047 is a large character who choooses to not use his ridiculus strength bonus, but instead uses an oversized repeating crossbow.

1048 is a goblin, who pretends to be the ogre's inteligence, and claims to be his 'manager'. wears an oversized fur coat, and too much jewlery. calls himself Gnoblar the Gnoblar

1049 makes up words and convinces people they're real "why of course 'thurp' is a word, it's a small rodent native to the island kingdom of Saliminy, of the coast of Mundia"
Maybe he has some way of cracking his wrist too (But that's just a guess and it would only bring the total up to fifteen anyway)

No, there is a sixteenth-- touch the tip of your pinky with the tip of your thumb, and notice how your thumb kinda swivels. There's a joint in there somewhere-- the carpometacarpal joint, if we want to get medical, and that's what allows the thumb its large range of motion. :D Sooo.... sixteen is definitely the correct number.

And for quirk # 1050... has all sorts of bits of anatomical knowledge, and does not hesitate to 'correct' others on the right names for body parts. :D
Okay, now I have 16 (17, if you count the wrist)
Sign In to post comments