Lists of Stuff

192 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oh yeah, and I added a whole slew of monk damage stuff to post #3.
Slippery Mind:
Eldeen Ranger (Gatekeeper) 5, ECL 10, EbCS

Surely there is an easier way to gain Slippery Mind somewhere?

EDIT: I checked Surreal's "Where can I find..." index.
Armor Special Ability (45,000 gp) DMG2
Eldeen Ranger (Gatekeeper) 5, ECL 10, EbCS
Night Mask Deathbringer 6, ECL 11, CoR
Ninja Spy 9, ECL 16
Rogue 10
Shadowdancer 7, ECL 14
Spymaster 4, ECL 9, CV
Yakuza 10, ECL 17
Zhentarim Spy 4, ECL 10 (9?)

With the armor special ability, getting into Void Incarnate at level 21 is a snap!
Updated. Got Incarnum and Planar Handbook.
For the monk level increases, the feat Superior Unarmed Strike from the Tome of Battle increases a monk's damage by four levels.
Hi Surreal,

Found an error in the fast movement section.

Wildrunner gets fast movement at level 1 of the PrC, not level 6 (level 6 is pounce on scream).
Shadowdancer ( DMG) grants Darvision 60 ft at 2nd level
Have you updated it with material from ToB?

Cheers
klode_me
I do not have Tome of Battle yet (the need for groceries and gas currently outweighs the need for books )

I have yet to trawl through a majority of the FR books, and I probably need to redo all the completes and races again since I've more than doubled my categories since starting. It'll have to wait until after I defend my thesis though (pesky things take up valuable gaming time).
Cloistered Cleric (PHB2) gets Bardic Knowledge
Tattooed Monk (CW) get DR 10/magic
Hi Surreal,

Found an error in the fast movement section.

Wildrunner gets fast movement at level 1 of the PrC, not level 6 (level 6 is pounce on scream).

Did you miss this Surreal?
Did you miss this Surreal?

I saw it, and it's been changed in the file on my hard drive. I just haven't updated it on the boards just yet. I tend to update my various resource threads all at once, maybe once every two weeks or so. Seeing as I have to defend my thesis next week, I've been a little preoccupied.
No problems, and good luck

Thanks for the awesome threads.
Updated a few things.
Loremasters get Lore (bardic knowledge)
Damage Reduction:
I am pretty sure the Runescarred Berserker only get a AC bonus. Not sure though.

Grey Hand Enforcer from Forgotten Realms, Waterdeep splatbook gets Damage Reduction.

Evasion:
Spelldancer from Magic of Faerun get Evasion at level two.
I know you said you dont have ToB but Crusader gets Mettle fyi
I know you said you dont have ToB but Crusader gets Mettle fyi

At what level? (and if it's a PrC, then what is the earliest ECL?)
Guide to Faerun: Foe Hunter acts as a +2 favored enemy depending on the Region
Elf Hunter (Underdark?): pick one (surface) elven race as favourite enemy

Death Attack: Imaskari Vengeance Taker (Underdark) gets it at lvl 10 (now if only it'd get decent spellcasting or BAB)
-Justice of Weald and Woe (Champions of Ruin) gets it at lvl 10?, only with longbows.

SR: Pixie characters get a SR of 15+class levels, as well as damage resistance. Looking at SS, grig characters would get even more (unless it's static, but in 3.0 it was also static for pixies).

If it counts as charge, several classes (incl. Wild Plains Outrider) allow full attack with melee weapons from horseback. The "higher ground" gives +1 to attack.

Note on flurry: Dragon 318 (OA Update) argues that monk PrCs get flurry in 3.5 (Henshin Mystic, Tattoed Monk, and the third one I don't remember).
In the section under movement or something like that, can you add classes that have favourable abilities towards jumping eg Goliaths, Mountain movement
Cheers
Small updates made to posts 1 and 2.

In the section under movement or something like that, can you add classes that have favourable abilities towards jumping eg Goliaths, Mountain movement
Cheers

I'll keep it in mind. I'm loathe to add anymore categories at this point, since then I'll have to go through all the books again for anything I've missed. I have a dozen categories that are already woefully empty because I only added them after I'd already gone through half my books.
You may want to mention in the Auras section that the UA variant paladins also get auras, but different ones, and the Prestige Paladin does as well.
Great resource dude,

How about a list of free feats? eg: I really need some unspecified feat and want to find a class that can help me with that, ie: take a level in Fighter to get one.

I don't think there are any "take any feat you like" options in classes, but there are "wide selection" ones, like Fighter or Psy-Warrior, and "limited selection" ones like Monk, Wizard, or Warblade..

I'm looking for something like this now, and those are the only classes I can think of off hand. It's probably worth listing "no selection" as well, like Ranger gets Track at 1st lev..
Loremaster, Secret 8, any feat.
Off the top of my head:

Bonus Feats
Fighter 1 and every even level, fighter feats only
Psychic Warrior 1, 2, 5, and every 3 level afterwards, fighter or psionic feats only
Human Paragon 2, Unearthed Arcana
Loremaster 1, ecl 8, requires Int 24
Marshall 1, Miniatures Handbook, if you already have Skill Focus (diplomacy)
Chameleon 2, ecl 8, Races of Destiny, changes every day
Scout 4 and every 4 levels thereafter if I remember correctly, limited to a list.
I'm wondering how far to extend the definition of "bonus feat", whether I just list the ones that give you a choice, or try to list every single bonus feat given (such as finesse by swashbuckler, or specialization from Pious Templar, etc.)
Pounce: Chupoclops (ToM Vestige)
Pouncing Charge (ToB stance)
Pounce: Chupoclops (ToM Vestige)
Pouncing Charge (ToB stance)

Pouncing Charge is not a stance... I wish it were. It's a strike, and a full-round actions strike at that.
Update to posts 1, 3, and 4. Egads, I can't believe I hit the 50000 character limit for the first post, so I had to move the pouncing section down. Ergh, I'm going to have to start rearranging stuff a bit more or else I'll run out of room...
Another update, bunch of re-organizing, had to split up the main post because it was way too big. Added a table of contents to the beginning so things might be easier to find (or at the very least just let people know what the heck I have in here).
More updates. Added in Xen'drik and Dragonmarked.
Sorry if it's already been mentioned elsewhere (searched all three pages of this for it and didn't get any hits).

The shapeshifter prestige class from Oriental Adventures grants wild shape to non-druids; the character pretty much just needs some way of changing their form, much like with the warshaper class (knowledge of polymorph counts).

There has been no 3.5 update of this book, so I'm wondering if it stands or not? Is that why it hasn't been mentioned? I saw Hienshin Mystic mentioned elsewhere, so I hope it's ok...
Yeah, I haven't actually gone through OA yet to add stuff (I'm missing a lot of FR stuff too). I have a couple random mentions from OA here and there from what I've fleeced from the mango index. Now that you've reminded me, I'll see about going through OA some time this week.

So far I'm trying to keep things 3.5, as I don't have much access to the 3.0 books and if things start overlapping I'll just wind up getting confused (sort of another reason why I haven't gone through all the FR books yet, as a bunch of them are 3.0).
Updated all four posts.
The Berserk from Deities & Demigods gets battle fury, a rage-like ability that stacks with rage.
Warforged Juggernaut (ECS) gets immunity to crits and nonlethal at level 2. <--- Immunity to crits is heavy fortification.
Immunity to any mind-affecting at level 3.
Immunity to Death and Necromancy effects at level 4.
And at level 5, immunity to ability damage/drain.
--Sneak attack-- (I think you missed it)

Unearthed Arcana -> Fighter Variant (pg. 58) @ Levels 1/2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 (if it replaces bonus feats)
~or~ @ Levels 1/3/5/7/9/11/13/15/17/19 (if its as rogue)
Im not quite sure, but i think its the latter.

Edit:
--Spell Resistance--
Foe Hunter (MotW) gains spell resistance (15 + FH CL) against hated enemy. ecl 11
how about X stat to X ability (ie, dex to damage, cha to hit, etc)
how about X stat to X ability (ie, dex to damage, cha to hit, etc)

that's another thread; here.
Updated the first two posts. Added stuff from Complete Scoundrel.
Sign In to post comments