stupid question

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
hi all, im just wondering on some of the attack options i saw available on the boards for warlocks and other 4th edition classes, and i was wondering.
if an ability states:

attack: cha vs. reflex

do you add the chars base attack bonus and charisma modifier?

well, probably, but having not seen rules, and not remembering anything of this particular one i'd like someone to clarify.
Attack Rolls are d20 + Stat + 1/2 level + misc modifiers VS. Defense
Attack Rolls are d20 + Stat + 1/2 level + misc modifiers VS. Defense

okay, 1/2 level. so there is no more base attack bonus, it is the same for every class, from wizard till fighter?
Yep same for everyone.
wow, weird... well, we'll see how it works out.
anyone had some playtesting yet? maybe keep on the shadowfell?

any input is welcome :D
wow, weird... well, we'll see how it works out.
anyone had some playtesting yet? maybe keep on the shadowfell?

any input is welcome :D

Quite well in my playtest last Sunday.
Also, I believe the fighter gets bonuses to attack as a class feature or perhaps a feat. This helps make up for the fact that he's primarily attacking AC whereas other classes have better options for attacking other defenses, which are usually lower.
Also, I believe the fighter gets bonuses to attack as a class feature or perhaps a feat. This helps make up for the fact that he's primarily attacking AC whereas other classes have better options for attacking other defenses, which are usually lower.

Most weapons grant a +2 or +3 on attacks if you are proficient with them; fighters can also choose a first-level at-will attack that gets them +2, and they can choose either one-handed or two-handed weapons to get a +1 to attacks with as a class feature. So even assuming equal ability scores, a fighter can bank on an attack bonus of +5-+6 higher for melee attack powers than (say) a Charisma-based attack that targets Reflex.