Master Player Race List Version 2.0

177 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just a quick suggestion here: listing the starting ages and "vital statistics" for these races would be even better. I can't seem to find those for the Raptoran race.

They are found on page 106 of Races of the Wild.
Blue characters possess the following racial traits.

* -2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
* Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ of those of Medium characters.
* Blue base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Naturally Psionic: Blues gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level.
* Racial Skills: A blue character has a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and Ride checks.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
* Favored Class: Psion.
* Level Adjustment: +1.

Ok, so what exactly bumps them up to a +1 level adjustment, I don't see it. They are exactly like a goblin but with a +2 to Intelligence instead of Dexterity and 1 psionic power point. How does this warrant a level adjustment?

* -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma.
* Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
* A goblin’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
* Favored Class: Rogue.
Ok, so what exactly bumps them up to a +1 level adjustment, I don't see it. They are exactly like a goblin but with a +2 to Intelligence instead of Dexterity and 1 psionic power point. How does this warrant a level adjustment?

When Blues were published, they didn't really have any other races with bonuses to mental stats outside of Forgotten Realms. (Maybe gray elves.) Now there are probably half a dozen with a +2 to Intelligence they should probably be 0 level adjustment.

I agree that they probably shouldn't be level adjustment, but the thread is intended to list all official WotC LA +0 races. Any that were given the final word by WotC as +1 or higher are not meant to be on this list. Perhaps AZN could be persuaded into adding the LA +1 races that probably shouldn't be LA +1 as an option for people who want to houserule them in... but that's kinda the thing, it seems that originally the whole idea was to only include races that were published or errata'd to be LA +0 by WotC (not even third party, but I could be wrong about that).

If we went with your argument, he would likely need to remove Whisper Gnome from the list (or at least debate about it) or change it's listing up since most players that I've heard of houserule them to be LA +1 in some situations. Also, the lesser planetouched are disallowed from some games, etc. I have a friend that thinks that none of the Mephlings in Planar Handbook warrant a LA +1 especially if you simply removed their breath weapon (which isn't very good anyway). But again, those are houserules and I'm pretty sure the thread is to provide a comprehensive list of official WotC LA +0 races.
Ok, thanks for the explanation, I thought it was just a typo even in the errata.

Sorry Blues, I tried
omg, excellent info
Maybe I missed it, but were the stats from goliath listed? Where were they originally from?
Maybe I missed it, but were the stats from goliath listed? Where were they originally from?

Goliaths are a +1 LA, so they aren't in this list. They're from Races of Stone though.
OK. Thanks. I was not sure where they were from. Do you know the attribute bonus and negative feats?
where did you find the level adjustment for Jermlaine out of MM2? my DM wont let me run it unless i get a wizards saying of LA Thank You
where did you find the level adjustment for Jermlaine out of MM2? my DM wont let me run it unless i get a wizards saying of LA Thank You

A lot of the MM2 level adjustments came from the 3.5 update booklet released by Wizards of the Coast. I would check there.
The MM2 update lists the Jermlaine as being LA +0. You can download it on WotC's website.

OoP's characters
My current character in Real Adventures Play-by-Post games:

• Maeve in The Lost History of Istar

i've played a jermlaine and it was really fun ;)

great race for a druid, ninja, or swordsage
From everything i could find the Lesser Aasimar have a +1 Cha or +1 Str and a +1 Wis, as well as a -2 penalty to Con. 
From everything i could find the Lesser Aasimar have a +1 Cha or +1 Str and a +1 Wis, as well as a -2 penalty to Con. 

go read the page, it's maked, all except this, ...  (players guide to faerun, p 191 from memory)
and the only thing that change is the type

BTW, 3.x doesn't do +/-1  it's by increaments of 2

Wow, they really don't want anyone to start the game with a +2 Wisdom and no LA.  The only wisdom bonus I see on that entire list is the Buommin, and they can't freaking talk.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi