Master Player Race List Version 2.0

177 posts / 0 new
Last post
This should be Arctic Elf.

FIXED - Thanks
for being so full of AWESOME & WIN
Awesome work.

Silverbrow Humans recieve Feather Fall 1/day per 5 hit dice.

Bump.
EternalWizard, if I remember correctly, any race with one hit die loses its racial hit die when it gains a class level. After all, the Halflings, Elves and the other base races have one hit die in the Monster Manual, and I know you aren't seriously suggesting that we add a d8 to all the base races.

~I'm not insane everyone else is insane, I'm the only sane one~
Several of your "Arctic" races say "Artic" by the way... not just the elf that Balthanon pointed out.
Fixed typos found by Xeorsos and jradd777

-Thanks!
AZN, were u gonna add races from the dragon or dungeon mags?
Man, I wish I knew of this thread months ago, o' the ideas I characters I could've made then. Exceptional work!
AZN, were u gonna add races from the dragon or dungeon mags?

I honestly don't plan on adding the races from dragon or dungeon magazine because I fear that adding so many more races to the list might be too massive of undertaking.
I honestly don't plan on adding the races from dragon or dungeon magazine because I fear that adding so many more races to the list might be too massive of undertaking.

completely understandable ;)
First let me say thank you again AZNsupermarket for making this list. I made a very fun reincarnation table based off it thanks to you. So for it has been very useful and fun!

Sadly one of my favorite LA+0 races (because they were made from my favorite all time deity!) the Aleithian Dwarves are not in it. Any chance of them getting put in? They are official from Wizards.
Sadly one of my favorite LA+0 races (because they were made from my favorite all time deity!) the Aleithian Dwarves are not in it. Any chance of them getting put in? They are official from Wizards.

probably not due to a lack of 3.5 update for them
probably not due to a lack of 3.5 update for them

The article is from September 2003. That was after 3.5's release I believe. Or am I mistaken about this?

IMAGE(http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/Celestialdragon100/Signature%20dragons%20and%20monsters/flying-1.gif)
The article is from September 2003. That was after 3.5's release I believe. Or am I mistaken about this?

IMAGE(http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/Celestialdragon100/Signature%20dragons%20and%20monsters/flying-1.gif)

It may have been after 3.5 release but not after the 3.5 psionics update. This is demonstrated by the Psionic Combat modes in the race's description. Psionic combat = 3.0
It may have been after 3.5 release but not after the 3.5 psionics update. This is demonstrated by the Psionic Combat modes in the race's description. Psionic combat = 3.0

Oh, my bad. Thank you for correcting me.

However, this means none of that Sardior material is usable. And he never appeared/existed in 3.5. I guess he is official dead/forgotten. I really feel sad now.
Oh, my bad. Thank you for correcting me.

However, this means none of that Sardior material is usable. And he never appeared/existed in 3.5. I guess he is official dead/forgotten. I really feel sad now.

too bad. they seemed like a really powerful race, but how many dwarven sub-races do you need? this little guy won't be able to make the list because he's 3.0:

Aleithian Dwarf +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma, medium, 20 ft., light sensitivity (ex), attack/defense Modes (sp), (ectoplasmic repair, finger of fire 3/day), psion or psychic warrior, humanoid (dwarf), psionic bestiary
Great list! It really helps having all this information in one place.

However, I am currently playing a forest gnome and noticed a possible error:

Forest Gnome: -2 Str +2 Con, Small, 20 ft., pass without trace (su) speak with animals 1/day (Cha 10 or better dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation 1/day), bard, humanoid (gnome), monster manual pg.132

Forest gnomes do not have the same speak with animals 1/day ability that other gnomes have. Instead, they can speak a simple language with forest animals all the time.

From the SRD:

Forest Gnome Traits (Ex)
These traits are in addition to the rock gnome traits, except where noted.

Automatic Languages: Gnome, Elven, Sylvan, and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with forest animals (this replaces the rock gnome’s speak with animals ability). Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc. This trait replaces the rock gnome’s automatic and bonus languages.

Polearm Fighter Build Thread:The Reacher
Great list! It really helps having all this information in one place.

However, I am currently playing a forest gnome and noticed a possible error:

Forest gnomes do not have the same speak with animals 1/day ability that other gnomes have. Instead, they can speak a simple language with forest animals all the time.

From the SRD:

FIXED - THANKS!
Thanks for listing all these races. Great Work.

Esp useful for me now as I was looking for a new race at LA+0.
i probably just missed it
how did you determine the stats for the muckdweller from serpent kingdoms?
i probably just missed it
how did you determine the stats for the muckdweller from serpent kingdoms?

Ability score adjustments are gained by subtracting 10 from any even numbered ability score and 11 from any odd score from the stats of the example muckdweller. Not difficult to do generally, so you don't need a section for player characters-- just that little +0 level adjustment. You also gain all abilities gained in the combat section of the race. Looking over the muckdweller stats, it appears that I forgot to include a -2 wis. My bad! So a muckdweller real stats are:

Muckdweller: -6 Str +6 Dex -2 Wis -2 Cha, tiny, 20 ft. (swim 20 ft.), squirt (ex), monstrous humanoid, serpent kingdoms pg.71

LIST UPDATED!
ok thanks
and more importantly... thanks for compiling this list
Bookmarked for awesomeness.
ok thanks
and more importantly... thanks for compiling this list

No problem. Glad I could help!
Hey, AZNsupermarket... I was curious if you know where someone could find the errata designating Fauns as LA 0?

Someone was asking and I can't remember... but I'm sure I had seen it somewhere before?
Hey, AZNsupermarket... I was curious if you know where someone could find the errata designating Fauns as LA 0?

Someone was asking and I can't remember... but I'm sure I had seen it somewhere before?

its in the Deities and Demigods
Congratz on a job well done!
Silverbrow Human

Thanks this is exactly what I needed.
Isn't Xvart from Dragon Magazine 339 LA 0?

I've never looked at the actual magazine but I've heard of this race from other sources.
Isn't Xvart from Dragon Magazine 339 LA 0?

I've never looked at the actual magazine but I've heard of this race from other sources.

yeah it is.
Orog from Races of Faerun is missing on the Orc section, as is Tannaruk.

Oh. My bad... this looks like just the LA = 0 list.
AZNsupermarket, can I please use your list for my own Reincarnation table?

I have been dying to do it for a year.
It seems this thread is missing 'Unbodied' and 'Warforged Titan'.

Templates/races that give incorporeality.
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.
Except for the fact that it's about LA +0 races, yes.

OoP's characters
My current character in Real Adventures Play-by-Post games:

• Maeve in The Lost History of Istar

Just a quick suggestion here: listing the starting ages and "vital statistics" for these races would be even better. I can't seem to find those for the Raptoran race.
Just a quick suggestion here: listing the starting ages and "vital statistics" for these races would be even better. I can't seem to find those for the Raptoran race.

This isn't intended to replace the need to buy the books. It always you to compare races found in multiple books. Once you find the race you want you should look in the appropriate book for all the race specifics.

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

I request that you provide links for creatures in the SRD. (d20srd.org)

And... bump for great justice!
The Blue in the Expanded Psionics Handbook is listed as +0 Level Adjustment on pg 189 and +1 Level Adjustment on pg 190. I think the one on page 190 is a typo they don't have anything to warrant a level adjustment.
Would Vril also have a +2 to Str that is not listed on your list?

In the errata, they have 13 Str originally.

The Blue in the Expanded Psionics Handbook is listed as +0 Level Adjustment on pg 189 and +1 Level Adjustment on pg 190. I think the one on page 190 is a typo they don't have anything to warrant a level adjustment.

Their errata lists them as a LA +1 race.

Also, would you like to add Gruwaar and T'Kel to your list? They were featured in Dragon Magazine 317 on pages 25 and 28 respectively.

Gruwaar: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Str, -2 Wis, small, 20 ft. (30 ft. on all fours), rogue, fey

T'kel: +2 Dex, -2 Int, medium, 30 ft. (20 ft. swim), monk, monstrous humanoid
Sign In to post comments