Shaak and Destruction - 200 points

I saw headache's Yoda and Shaak idea, and figured I would come up with a squad. Here's what it looks like:

--Shaak and Destruction--
55 Yoda
47 Shaak Ti, Jedi Master
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
18 Jar Jar Binks
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(199pts. 10 activations)

Yoda grants free re-rolls for Shaak Ti, Jar Jar and Lando. The BBSV gives Shaak Evade while the TBSV gives her GMA (thanks to the BBSV). Both the Vigos can act as competent shooters too. Jar Jar offers a level of annoyance to the opposition. R2 can tow Shaak Ti or Yoda into place.

It's a bit light on activations. However, Shaak Ti should be a load to take down. Which map would be ideal for this? Also, should Jar Jar or Lando be dropped in favor of more activations?
It's a bit light on activations. However, Shaak Ti should be a load to take down.

This is a big issue that I'll be hitting up in my second squad construction article (when I get around to it). The question being: When do activations NOT matter? The short answer is when you have enough defense and proper timing to not worry as much about big counteracts. There are quite a few good squads out there (and always have been) that when run by skilled players don't need the activations. If played well, this could do just fine, but you would have to be prepared to be outactivated and make really good choices once the damage exchange starts.

Which map would be ideal for this?

Something closed lie Ravaged Base or Chancellor's starship.

Also, should Jar Jar or Lando be dropped in favor of more activations?

Depends upon what you want to do. I'm generally in favor of having a mix between ranged and melee for a couple of reasons. Most importantly its because all melee requires you to be hitting with all your pieces all in one section of the map. This can be a liability because it allows your opponent a better selection of targets and they are less likely to make mistakes in attack choice. I would consider a few options:

1) Replacing jar Jar with another shooter.

2) Replacing both with a really powerful shooter, like Rex.

3) Keeping at least one shooter and adding a few more acts.

Regardless, I think you need a shooter in there and Lando DS is still a good one.
I appreciate the feedback, klecser. Also looking forward to your next squad building article.

And yes, I think the squad does have a fair amount of defensive power. My real fear is facing a Vong based squad (thinking Jedi Hunters). I'm not sure my small collection of shooters could handle them.

If I had to change the squad, I would probably switch out Jar Jar. Although he is awfully darn annoying :P.
This is a big issue that I'll be hitting up in my second squad construction article (when I get around to it).

How do I get to your first squad construction article?
How do I get to your first squad construction article?

It's in klecser's signature. The article is hyperlinked near the top.
It's in klecser's signature. The article is hyperlinked near the top.

Thanks, It wasn't as hard to find afterall.
Sign In to post comments