SWM at San Diego Comic Con

Anyone going to the SDCC?
hopefully you have your tickets already, they have been sold out for months. That being said I won't be returning this year, though I have gone for the past 18 plus years. I am saddened by this greatly, but oh well. Enjoy the wall of 400,000 people expected over the 4 1/2 days!! I know I always do.
I have been going for about 20 years as well. I always register for the next year at the con. Love every minute of it.
I'll be there this year.

Author of the Merkabah Rider series, compiler of Prof. Abraham Van Helsing's journals, Mythos writer, and occasional Star Wars contributor. http://www.emerdelac.wordpress.com 

Will you be playing in the tournaments?
Nah, I've never played DCI. I thought about swinging by to check it out this year though.

Gonna get Mark Hamill to sign my New Hope poster finally.:D

Author of the Merkabah Rider series, compiler of Prof. Abraham Van Helsing's journals, Mythos writer, and occasional Star Wars contributor. http://www.emerdelac.wordpress.com 

Cool beans, hope to get the chance to meet you. I'll be the 6'5, long- haired nerd watching over the tournies.
The fun starts this weekend and Southern California can forget the state budget woes and have a great time at a great convention.

Richard has some great prizes to give away in the form of complete sets and JA boosters will also be part of the plan as well.

Enjoy!
All of it due to Jim! Thanks a ton.
Ive never been but i live in the UK so i do have an excuse even if its a poor one.
Shawn aka (Darth Luna,) the regional winner from Southern Colorado will be there. It's his second trip in 5 years.
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
I wish I could go but I won't be able to. Thankfully, a couple of my friends are going and will be picking up some exclusives for me.
I'll be there!
Where is the tourney going to be? We didn't see a wizards booth anywhere.
It is in the ballroom of the Marriot hotel right next to the convention center. In fact, specifically, in the Marina ballroom.
So any sign of Wotc or SWM at SDCC??? Rebelscum.com has some great pics of lots of Star Wars stuff ... but didn't say anything SWM.
If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.
So any sign of Wotc or SWM at SDCC??? Rebelscum.com has some great pics of lots of Star Wars stuff ... but didn't say anything SWM.

See above. Tournaments listed in the sticky thread above. There are tourneys each day.

WOTC does not have a booth at the show. They ususally don't at SDCC.

Thats too bad... seems like a perfect place to promote their games.
If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.
WotC has scaled back the number of conventions they are attending this year. The economy and all.

Even if they were coming, I doubt they would do much to promote SWM, unfortunately.
See above. Tournaments listed in the sticky thread above. There are tourneys each day.

Jim is right, as Comic Con has gotten more popular over the last 7 years or so, Wotc's attendence has been spotty at best. The cost of tables and areas to game have gone through the roof. For an area of roughly 20 by 15 which they had when Rebel Storm came out they would be paying 7000-10000 for the 4 1/2 days. I use to run a booth with a friend and we sold almost exclusively "The Simpsons" stuff. Back then we were paying $1800 for a 5' x 10' end cap in the middle of "sucksville" where everything in the Dealer Hall is jammed together as tightly as possible.

Man I miss Con, instead here I sit pucking my guts out in Boise, Idaho. I love Boise, but certainly miss Comic Con in particular amongst a few other things in San Diego(which was my home for 28+ years).
Well, then con has come and gone, and we had the events. Although the turnout was not what I would have liked, the people that did show up were really a good bunch of guys. Things went well, even though I had to catch myself on two calls I almost messed up, but I think everyone had a good time.

I would really like to thank Moses for his time and generosity in support of this. He was great. A thank you as well to Tim of Cascade Games for his assistance.
Glad you guys had fun. I hope you sent me some dice. hehe
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."