Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
When ever I make a character to lvl 20 I cant look at the stat block or the full sheet. It keeps telling me that somehting is wrong with CS1 I belive.
When ever I make a character to lvl 20 I cant look at the stat block or the full sheet. It keeps telling me that somehting is wrong with CS1 I belive.

This is happening to me, but at a lower level already. I get a message saying runtime error '5' whenever I click on the stat block tab.

I've saved the sheet and uploaded it to my webspace HERE. Clicking on any other tab, and then going back to the stat block tab results in the error message.

EDIT: Seems like it might be an issue with the species. Changing from Trandoshan to another species made the error go away until I changed the character back to Trandoshan.
back to the front on the line
Is broki back yet?
Great sheet. This has been a nice shortcut for making NPCs for my next game. Awesome.

Made a character with four levels of Crime Lord (after four of Scoundrel & Noble apiece). Took "Impel Ally I" and I had talents left over but "Impel Ally II" did not open up. Don't know if it's a bug or if I'm missing something.
Great sheet. This has been a nice shortcut for making NPCs for my next game. Awesome.

Made a character with four levels of Crime Lord (after four of Scoundrel & Noble apiece). Took "Impel Ally I" and I had talents left over but "Impel Ally II" did not open up. Don't know if it's a bug or if I'm missing something.

The best solution is to look at the book and see if you qualified for the Pre-Req's of Impel Ally II. I know I had that problem trying to get some of the Lightsaber Forms.
Is broki back yet?

I don't know... But it was much easier trying to work off of one sheet, only having one sheet updated. Now we have like 2 or 3 people correcting things, but not necessarily correcting other things. I can't tell which sheet is the most "accurate" right now, heh.

Perhaps we can have one person step up and take charge of updating and posting the sheet? Someone who knows Excel and has the time to make constant improvements
From what I can tell there are only two sheets: Kenad Broki's latest sheet and the updated one by velrahnkoon. There hasn't been an updated version of each for some time June 30th and July 06th.

I myself am not making any code change or at least posting it. What I am doing is providing code fixes for others to add and a list of known bugs that can be fhound here
The best solution is to look at the book and see if you qualified for the Pre-Req's of Impel Ally II. I know I had that problem trying to get some of the Lightsaber Forms.

Prerequisite: Impel Ally I.

That's it. And - as such - the sheet still doesn't work when Impel Ally I is taken (Impel Ally II is still ghosted on my sheet). And my NPC has talents to spend, so it's not that.
For many of the talents, the coding has been put into the wrong colum.
To make Impel Ally II work, rewrite the code in H197 into:
=IF($I196=1;IF(F$194<>0;"Yes";"No");"No")

The letter in Bold is the one you need to correct.
Change cell J 196 to the following: =IF(I196="1",1,0)

That should solve your problem

Edit: Dark Jedi's answer is much better :P
Thanks, folks! Appreciate the help!
That is what we are here for.
Anyone know why I'm getting "cannot be accessed. This file may be read only, or you may be trying to access from a read-only location, or ther server the docuemnt is stored on may not be responsding."

Using Excel/Office 2000
Do you have it on a seperate drive that is not available and trying to access it just by opening previous files and not actually using Open File command? Or did you move the files location and the link not update in the program?

Download it again otherwise
Do you have it on a seperate drive that is not available and trying to access it just by opening previous files and not actually using Open File command? Or did you move the files location and the link not update in the program?

Download it again otherwise

I've downloaded it twice. Just saving it to the desk top, then double clicking it.

Zilch.
I've downloaded it twice. Just saving it to the desk top, then double clicking it.

Zilch.

..aright, it just worked.

Leave me alone...

:embarrass
:D
Odd problem. I tried making an NPC out of a B2 Super Battle Droid, and it came out like this.

Relic CL 3

Medium B2 Super Battle Droid soldier 1 / nonheroic 6
Force 8; Dark Side
Init +8; Senses Low-light vision, Perception +12
Languages Basic, 3 unassigned

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 14), Fort 12, Will 13
hp 22; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares (Walking)
Melee unarmed +4 (1d4+0)
Ranged blaster rifle +5 (3d8+0) or
Ranged blaster rifle +0 (3d8) with Autofire
Base Atk +5; Grp +5
Atk Options Devastating Attack (rifles)
Special Actions Charging Fire

Abilities Str 8, Dex 10, Con -, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 14
Racial Abilities Droid Traits
Talents Devastating Attack (rifles)
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light), Charging Fire, Toughness, WP (heavy, pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Climb +7, Initiative +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +11, Perception +12
Systems walking locomotion, 2 hand appendages, remote receiver, synchronised fire circuit, backup processor, heuristic processor, plasteel shell (+2 armor), comlink, internal, vocabulator, improved sensor package
Possessions blaster rifle

The stats I assigned it were Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10 (grey'd out), Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 11.

What's up with the stats? The Mental stats are getting a boost from somewhere and the physical ones are being tanked.
Odd problem. I tried making an NPC out of a B2 Super Battle Droid, and it came out like this.

Relic CL 3

Medium B2 Super Battle Droid soldier 1 / nonheroic 6
Force 8; Dark Side
Init +8; Senses Low-light vision, Perception +12
Languages Basic, 3 unassigned

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 14), Fort 12, Will 13
hp 22; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares (Walking)
Melee unarmed +4 (1d4+0)
Ranged blaster rifle +5 (3d8+0) or
Ranged blaster rifle +0 (3d8) with Autofire
Base Atk +5; Grp +5
Atk Options Devastating Attack (rifles)
Special Actions Charging Fire

Abilities Str 8, Dex 10, Con -, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 14
Racial Abilities Droid Traits
Talents Devastating Attack (rifles)
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light), Charging Fire, Toughness, WP (heavy, pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Climb +7, Initiative +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +11, Perception +12
Systems walking locomotion, 2 hand appendages, remote receiver, synchronised fire circuit, backup processor, heuristic processor, plasteel shell (+2 armor), comlink, internal, vocabulator, improved sensor package
Possessions blaster rifle

The stats I assigned it were Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10 (grey'd out), Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 11.

What's up with the stats? The Mental stats are getting a boost from somewhere and the physical ones are being tanked.

Fiddling around with the sheet, it might have something to do with Age. Did you assign an age to the Droid? If so, simply delete the entry to return it to undefined.
Why, I added an age to the droid...152 years...

*reworks sheet*

...well lookit that...

Thanks, DD!
not really a bug butt..

I'm assuming the stats for the races that are not in the Saga Core book are taken from Wizo_Tao's webpage Link if so he has made changes to the Miraluka to bring them in line with what Wizo_the_Hutt has
Abilities: -2 Dex, +2 Int.
Speed: 6 squares.
Blindness: Miraluka cannot see normally. Unless they are able to use Force Sight (see below), all targets effectively have total concealment from them.
Bonus Feat: Force Sensitivity.
Force Sight: Miraluka have the ability to see through the Force despite being blind. This functions as the Force technique Improved Sense Surroundings (SECR p.103).
Quick Reactions: Miraluka may reroll Initiative checks, but they must keep the second result even if it is worse.

Also it would be nice if next to the age box on the character tab it displayed the age ranges (ie. child 1-11, young adult 12-15, etc.) for your chosen species.
I'm having a minor issue with the sheet. I chose the Weapon Specialization Talent, and I want to assign it to the Advanced Melee weapon group. I see a small grid on the Talent sheet with weapon, devastating, penetrating, and Specialization as the columns. At the bottom of Specialization, it says 1, and when I accidentally dragged the cell up to the Advanced melee cell in that column, it changed to Yes, but I lost the count at the bottom.

Where/how do I pick what the Weapon Specialization applies to? (or is this a bug?)

Also, the Miraluka are supposed to get the Force Technique Improved Sense Surroundings, not the feat Strong in the Force. I couldn't figure out where to put that.

Also, The 'Yes' in the Force Techniques section of the 'The Force' sheet is one column to the right of the slot.
At the bottom of Specialization, it says 1, and when I accidentally dragged the cell up to the Advanced melee cell in that column, it changed to Yes, but I lost the count at the bottom.

Where/how do I pick what the Weapon Specialization applies to? (or is this a bug?)

Also, the Miraluka are supposed to get the Force Technique Improved Sense Surroundings, not the feat Strong in the Force. I couldn't figure out where to put that.

For the bugged issue it because you either placed it in the wrong talent or you place on the wrong weapon group. All you have to do is delete the yes and you should be able to fix it.

Secondly the Miraluka don't have an official write up yet by WotC. So any interruptions of have a Force Technique is just a guess. I would guess that since Force Techniques are only in PrCs you will not see them given out to a species as that may be consider unbalancing.
Ok, please explain how I get the Weapon Spec assigned. I'm just not figuring it out. I can't type 'yes', or '1' in the corresponding cell, but I've got a 1 in the bottom row that has the formula '=I150-COUNTIF(AX142:AX149, "Yes")'. I've tried removing and re-adding the talent, and everything else I can think of, but I can't seem to enter anything in that cell. I have the weapon prof for advanced melee, I took it at first level.

Actually WizO_the_Hutt has posted the official write-up of the Miraluka stats to the board. See the link below.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=12764611&highlight=Miraluka#post12764611
alright so I was wrong Hutt did give us an offical Miraluka write up. Once Broki back from vacation he might put out an update with a fix unless some one has done that already...I have been unable to edit my sheet in the Macros as the password given to us has not let me into them. Faelan I pm'd you with further questions as I did not want to take up any more list with further TS questions.
Ok, please explain how I get the Weapon Spec assigned. I'm just not figuring it out. I can't type 'yes', or '1' in the corresponding cell, but I've got a 1 in the bottom row that has the formula '=I150-COUNTIF(AX142:AX149, "Yes")'. I've tried removing and re-adding the talent, and everything else I can think of, but I can't seem to enter anything in that cell. I have the weapon prof for advanced melee, I took it at first level.

Actually WizO_the_Hutt has posted the official write-up of the Miraluka stats to the board. See the link below.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=12764611&highlight=Miraluka#post12764611

Sorry to be nit picky but it FUNCTIONS like the technique. They don't GET it free. To me there's a big difference.
Of course since Force Sight functions like it there's no point in a Jedi Master/Sith Lord Miraluka taking it later as one of his/her techniques.

Note: I had just woken up when I wrote this and meant the Sith apprentice and Jedi Knight PrC's.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Given that Force Techniques aren't prerequisites for anything (correct me if I'm wrong here), there's really no difference between 'the racial ability functions just like it' and 'the race gets it free'.

I've been able to take care of it by tagging it on the 'Bonus' sheet.

The only thing I haven't gotten figured out is my Weapon Spec issue.
Well they are part of the Jedi Knight, Sith Apperentice, and Force Adept PrC, and you must meet certain requirements before you can take a PrC. So in essances yes Techniques have prequisites. althought I am not sure what Hutt was doing with this build of the Miraluka.
Found a couple small bugs in the worksheet.

On the 'Abilities and Classes' sheet, the gold column of final attribute values doesn't total correctly if you added more than 1 to an attribute on a given level, and the level-bonus columns don't count up properly under the same circumstance.

Here's the fix for the level-bonus columns. Change...
=IF(CharLvl>=4,2-COUNT(E4:E9),0)
to...
=IF(CharLvl>=4,2-SUM(E4:E9),0)
The other fix is much longer, but equally straight-forward. I'll give the short-hand version of it here. In the function, there's a series of...
IF(CharLvl&gt;=#,IF(Cell&lt;&gt;"",1,0),0)
Change each of those to...
IF(CharLvl&gt;=#,IF(Cell&lt;&gt;"",Cell,0),0)
Well they are part of the Jedi Knight, Sith Apperentice, and Force Adept PrC, and you must meet certain requirements before you can take a PrC. So in essances yes Techniques have prequisites. althought I am not sure what Hutt was doing with this build of the Miraluka.

He said he created the Improved Sense Surroundings specifically with an eye toward using that for the Miraluka Force Sight.

I didn't say Force Techniques didn't *have* prerequisites. I said they *aren't* prerequisites for anything.
I've recently download this and ran into a problem, after checking through all of the 9+ pages of posts i found this:
[...] Alright been playing with the droid section with the sheet there is something wrong in the formula for the tools, claw, and etc.. it just say #name. Working to see if I can fix if anyone got the fix already could you post it. [...]

I Believe found out the problem for this; the problem lies in the 'R' column of the same row, for example in the first appendage row, R24 is
=IF(C24&lt;&gt;"",LOOKUP(C24,$BB$3:$BB$7,$BG$3:$BG$7)*WeighttFactor,"")
as far as I can tell, one, Weightt has two t's which caused the problem in the first place, and two this should be CostFactor instead of WeightFactor.

so, I changed R24 to
=IF(C24&lt;&gt;"",LOOKUP(C24,$BB$3:$BB$7,$BG$3:$BG$7)*CostFactor,""
I did this as well for R25-29

I hope this was helpful.
Alright got that code line fixed thank you for that. Now on to the next Driod question are not the locamotion supposed to add weight to the droid if so does anyone have a fix for it yet?
Locomotion systems aren't supposed to add weight, if i am reading the book correctly. At least it doesnt say anything ABOUT any of the locomotion system's weight.
On the 'Abilities and Classes' sheet, the gold column of final attribute values doesn't total correctly if you added more than 1 to an attribute on a given level, and the level-bonus columns don't count up properly under the same circumstance.

Thanks for the hard work there Faelan but the sheet was correct. You can only add one point to any given stat every 4 levels you just get two stats.

Upon gaining 4th, 8th,12,16, and 20th level, a character increases two of his or her ability scores by 1 point each. Page 35 of SWSC

So the sheet was design not to allow you to increase an ability score by more then one in each 4th level. No if it was not that you mean I suggest check you age because that also affects your stats as per the page 110 chart 7-2 for aging effects.

Now if these things you where not talking about and fixing then I am sorry and again thanks for your hard work.
I like the sheet keep up the good work.
I am making a Yuuzhan Vong Soldier and I can not get double attack to come up for the Ampistaff. I even tried it as a human is there something I am doing wrong? Or is there something missing from the sheet? I know nothing of Excel and how to look for this error.
Do you have the right pre-req's? I think it is something with high enough BAB
Do you have the right pre-req's? I think it is something with high enough BAB

Yeah I took Soldier 8 for both a Vong and Human, taking the feats to get me the exotic weapon as well, thinking it might be the Vong species but nope that did not fix it.

I even did it as a GM bonus and that did not fix it.
Just tried it again.

I took Soldier 8 and Jedi 8
Exotic Weapon Proficiencey (req BAB +1)

Still Greyed Out
Double Attack (Req Weapon Proficeincey with weapon BAB +6)
So, has this sheet been updated within the last 2 weeks? And if so, where can I find the latest version?